Total Posts
6758 (Guru)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

6758 Comments. 338 pages. Viewing page 21.
Newer [  1    16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31    338  ] Older

Re: Dead Cells Sells
Mar 19, 2021, 18:07
Re: Dead Cells Sells Mar 19, 2021, 18:07
Mar 19, 2021, 18:07

Kxmode wrote on Mar 19, 2021, 12:20:
And to think it was thrust into the limelight because a person at IGN plagiarized a Youtube channel's review.

I don't know about that, but the game is fucking great; their success is well earned. Easily the best 'indie' game I can think of, in terms of final product.

Re: Get The Fall for Free
Mar 19, 2021, 11:34
Re: Get The Fall for Free Mar 19, 2021, 11:34
Mar 19, 2021, 11:34

EGS continues to release for free, all the indie games I felt good about buying at near full price in the last few years.

Re: Evening Metaverse -- Twatter and F*ckedButt
Mar 19, 2021, 11:31
Re: Evening Metaverse -- Twatter and F*ckedButt Mar 19, 2021, 11:31
Mar 19, 2021, 11:31

I have Prime, like a lot of people, but I've yet to actually try to watch an NFL game via Prime... I guess I never got over Barry Sanders retiring. Maybe I'll try it out though next season.

Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June
Mar 19, 2021, 11:30
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 19, 2021, 11:30
Mar 19, 2021, 11:30

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 19, 2021, 04:21:
Forget what most critics said about it, EYE was awesome. Yeah it was a low budget, rough around the edges indie game on the Source engine 7 years later, AND had its cyberpunk FPS/RPG thunder stolen by the return of Deus Ex a month after it came out, lol. Most people didn't see past that, but as usual with a diamond in the rough, the gameplay was way more ambitious than anything we've seen AAA games in that genre do, even almost a decade later with CP2077.

I haven't played Deathwing, but that looked to me like pretty bog-standard Space Marine stuff, ponderously trotting down narrow corridors with your heavy weapons... What I'm seeing here is reminding me a lot of what EYE played like, with lots of speed and traversal options and a wide range of weaponry and abilities to choose from. Almost like a spiritual successor they were able to fit into a licensed setting, we'll see.

I have E.Y.E. also, I've been messing with it finally since I heard about Necromunda. It's got some great ideas, but the UI is an attack on humanity. And yes, it's low budget/moddish, but it was their first game, I believe. That's kinda why I have high hopes for Necromunda, EYE is ambitious as hell, Deathwing was sorta bleh but looked gorgeous, hopefully they have their shit together now for this third game, along with the license it sure feels like they wish they had for EYE. I'll be keeping tabs on Necromunda, and it's only going to be a few months until it comes out, and we find out what's it really like anyway.

Re: Endzone - A World Apart Officially Released
Mar 19, 2021, 11:24
Re: Endzone - A World Apart Officially Released Mar 19, 2021, 11:24
Mar 19, 2021, 11:24

I bought it, it's a pretty good builder game; like 40 seasons in, my only real threat is radiation so far, I haven't seen any raiders or anything. Gorgeous visuals and decent soundtrack. The AI is a little weak, you have to constantly reassign working areas for gathering buildings.. like your citizens can't figure out to walk to the next tree or pile of scrap, basically. By design, I guess? Every resource gathering building has Area of Operation commands, but it feels like your people are literally blind or something.

Also, I REALLY wish I had planned my city layout better, because it's extremely inefficient as it is now. That happens to me in almost every building game though.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Mar 18, 2021, 23:43
Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 18, 2021, 23:43
Mar 18, 2021, 23:43

Prez, I definitely don't think you are a bad person. I DO know that propagandists like Crowder are counting on people like yourself to give them the benefit of the doubt as they spout racist diatribes, but concealed just enough to give some of their audience to give them the benefit of the doubt. They will rarely come out and say extreme, violent things, but they constantly try to push the boundaries of acceptibility and convince other people it's not 'racist' it's just 'common sense' or 'acceptable' or whatever phrase/term you want to use. Based on the little you are saying about your ex wife, she is literally the target for people like Crowder. She(hypothetically) will repeat and think the garbage these people spout, and of course somehow hold the contrary belief to be polite to actual living people in person(usually), while cursing their existence otherwise. It's a recruitment strategy. These understated racists are trying to constantly increase the amount of racist shit people will accept on a daily basis. They can't go right to lynching and cross burning, but they start with derogatory terms, constantly, ridicule of the existence of minorities, constantly, and as history has shown repeatedly, the end game plan is to escalate to imprisonment and murder, let alone denying the right to vote and segregation, which this country is moving towards at a rapid pace as it is.

It's a constant battle to not only raise awareness of this sort of propaganda, but to counteract it with education when possible. Obviously it's my opinion that it's NOT okay to let this sort of thing slide, and it's not 'edgy' or 'brave' to be a racist piece of shit, even if you call yourself an entertainer. Mr. Tact had a... tactful post, I tend to get fired up about this sort of thing, because I'm in my 40s and it's worse now in the USA than ever before, purely because of internet exposure. It really annoys me when I hear people spout, word for word, the racist propaganda shit back to me like it's a fact, because they heard it on Facebook or Youtube. And yes, it does annoy me when I hear people wave off shitheads like Crowder because he isn't literally burning a cross on a black family's lawn.

Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June
Mar 18, 2021, 20:29
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 18, 2021, 20:29
Mar 18, 2021, 20:29

What the... am I having a stroke?

I thought we just had a thread on this, now I can't even see it on Bluesnews. Time to search post history.

Allow me to reiterate: I am interested in this game, hopefully it turns out amazing. I'm tempted to buy it on the videos alone, also there is a 15% discount currently.

Re: Star Citizen Multiplayer Collaboration Announced
Mar 18, 2021, 20:26
Re: Star Citizen Multiplayer Collaboration Announced Mar 18, 2021, 20:26
Mar 18, 2021, 20:26

Hrm, odds of this thread becoming epic in length: >80% Popcorn

Re: Endzone - A World Apart Officially Released
Mar 18, 2021, 20:14
Re: Endzone - A World Apart Officially Released Mar 18, 2021, 20:14
Mar 18, 2021, 20:14

This game looks great, I'm tempted to buy it... I've been fiending for some sort of building/rts game for a few weeks now.

Although I do feel like this title could have been used on some sort of Post Apocalyptic Football game, to better effect.

Mar 18, 2021, 20:00
Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 18, 2021, 20:00
Mar 18, 2021, 20:00

Prez wrote on Mar 18, 2021, 14:30:
What do you call somebody who constantly uses racist terms and jokes to talk about people of color? A racist. Crowder is a racist, it's literally his brand to be a racist asshole online. How is that even up for debate? Lol. Prez, if you have to find some obscure WWII definition of 'spook' and think he meant that instead of the US definition... I don't know what to tell you. It's about the same as people saying 'oh it's not a Nazi swastika, he's using ancient Hindu symbols!" It's bullshit. Crowder and other modern day racists are also pussies, they won't just come out and use the N word all day long in public, because they want to wink wink nudge nudge their way into the conversation. It's a classic tactic used since... you guessed it, the actual Nazis in Germany.

Wait, are you actually mad at me because 1) I don't follow someone enough to know he's a racist, and 2) I didn't know what an ugly racist term meant? SERIOUSLY?!

I am not mad at you, but I am flabbergasted that we're having this sort of discussion on the topic. I don't follow any of these youtube wannabe philosophers, but it takes 3 seconds to search up their names. I'm glad you don't hear racist terms on a regular basis, I thought that most of them were common knowledge by now, but I guess not. I am annoyed that you came to the conclusion that what he says is racist but he isn't a racist somehow, but you are not the only person to do that sort of logical leap. In fact, people like this guy are counting on your type of reaction. If we reserve the term 'racist' only for people who burn crosses on peoples' lawns (or whatever your cutoff point is, personally) , we are a society are overlooking a lot of the casual, understated racism that has always existed and continues to exist. I am definitely mad that I have to point out these things every time some latter day racist coward is brought up though. Hence the Twilight zone reference, it's like I am the only one seeing this shit, or something.

Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun Revealed
Mar 18, 2021, 16:19
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun Revealed Mar 18, 2021, 16:19
Mar 18, 2021, 16:19

Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2021, 15:30:
Steam listing: Necromunda: Hired Gun

Looks waaaaaay too twitchy for me.

Well, it is a FPS with a grappling hook and wall running. It looks pretty interesting to me so far. I bought Streum On's first game, E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy, on sale years ago. I've been playing it a bit today, and it's clear they basically wanted to do a game like Necromunda for years now, although EDC has more of a mod look and miniscule budget, compared to NHG. Movement looks somewhere between Titanfall 2 and a couple other games, should be fun in single player; but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking I can realistically compete with good players in a high movement multiplayer FPS anymore, if they do have multi with this game.

There is a pre-order discount, but no discounts for people who have their previous games?

*EDIT* Also I guess I don't know WH40k lore well enough, this bounty hunter guy on a Forge World, can't find some sort of optic other than iron sights for his weapons? Come on.

Re: DOOM Eternal The Ancient Gods - Part Two Released
Mar 18, 2021, 15:37
Re: DOOM Eternal The Ancient Gods - Part Two Released Mar 18, 2021, 15:37
Mar 18, 2021, 15:37

Repost of my 'eternal' DOOM: Eternal complaint: the player should have like 5-10 times the ammo for each gun, and just be allowed to bounce around blowing shit up. The Ammo/Armor award system is a hassle that I didn't really enjoy.

I should go back and finish DOOM: Eternal though, it keeps getting uninstalled to make space for other games on my desktop pc.

Re: Bioshock mod for Half Life Alyx
Mar 18, 2021, 15:35
Re: Bioshock mod for Half Life Alyx Mar 18, 2021, 15:35
Mar 18, 2021, 15:35

Hrm, looks cool, but not $1000 cool.

Re: Disco Elysium - The Final Cut This Month
Mar 18, 2021, 15:33
Re: Disco Elysium - The Final Cut This Month Mar 18, 2021, 15:33
Mar 18, 2021, 15:33

RogueSix wrote on Mar 18, 2021, 14:51:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 18, 2021, 13:06:
Sweet, I bought this like a month ago, and haven't installed it yet. I'll wait for the Final Cut version, which is supposed to be a free upgrade still (?) before I start.

Literally the second sentence of the newsbit has the answer to that question mark Wink .

theglaze wrote on Mar 18, 2021, 14:29:
This has been on my Wish List for years... still worth pursuing?

The game came out October 2019 so I doubt it has been on your wishlist "for years" . Whether it is still worth pursuing is something only you can find out for yourself.

Hrm yes, I flew right over that detail.

Also forgive theglaze, the past year and a half or so has felt like 10 years to most of us.

Re: Out of the Blue
Mar 18, 2021, 13:25
Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2021, 13:25
Mar 18, 2021, 13:25

Very interesting, I wonder how big of a budget the Canadian and US scientists/agencies will have to track down and destroy Asian hornet nests? That sounds like a lot of hiking through rough terrain, hopefully with flamethrowers on their backs.

WHO narrowing down Covid19 origins, interesting, but it'll go over about as well as scientists tracking the Spanish flu back to a Kansas farm. People will refuse to believe it or just ignore it.

Re: Midday Metaverse
Mar 18, 2021, 13:21
Re: Midday Metaverse Mar 18, 2021, 13:21
Mar 18, 2021, 13:21

Ah yes, Taco Bell, taking over all restaurants in Demolition Man. It's a shame how laughably tame that sounds now, with Amazon literally Blob'ing it's way into all aspects of human existence.

Google, dropping 7 billion on office space... well it's chump change for them, but I thought we just learned that working from home for a lot of jobs is better? Covid 2021 will teach them again, probably.

Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun Revealed
Mar 18, 2021, 13:18
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun Revealed Mar 18, 2021, 13:18
Mar 18, 2021, 13:18

Oh shit, please don't be fucking terrible!

Pretty excellent choice of setting, and great choice to NOT be a fucking Space Marine. Streum On Studio? Oh dammit, they did Space Hulk Deathwing, which is... not great. Hopefully they learned from that experience though!

Re: Disco Elysium - The Final Cut This Month
Mar 18, 2021, 13:06
Re: Disco Elysium - The Final Cut This Month Mar 18, 2021, 13:06
Mar 18, 2021, 13:06

Sweet, I bought this like a month ago, and haven't installed it yet. I'll wait for the Final Cut version, which is supposed to be a free upgrade still (?) before I start.

Mar 18, 2021, 12:54
Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 18, 2021, 12:54
Mar 18, 2021, 12:54

... What is this, the fucking Twilight Zone?

What do you call somebody who constantly uses racist terms and jokes to talk about people of color? A racist. Crowder is a racist, it's literally his brand to be a racist asshole online. How is that even up for debate? Lol. Prez, if you have to find some obscure WWII definition of 'spook' and think he meant that instead of the US definition... I don't know what to tell you. It's about the same as people saying 'oh it's not a Nazi swastika, he's using ancient Hindu symbols!" It's bullshit. Crowder and other modern day racists are also pussies, they won't just come out and use the N word all day long in public, because they want to wink wink nudge nudge their way into the conversation. It's a classic tactic used since... you guessed it, the actual Nazis in Germany.

Covid morbidity, why the fuck would you look at data from a year ago, when we have more up to date data now? On top of that, death is not the only outcome, hundreds of thousands(or perhaps even millions, we won't know for years) of Americans are now most likely permanently disabled from their covid19 infections. How many, and to what extent is not even fully known, but the condition of 'Long Covid' is being studied. Good luck with the potentially millions of Americans with nerve and organ damage, permanently, straining our health care (joke) system further. I am morbidly curious to see if B117 and other strains can infect people quickly enough to outpace the vaccination rate in the USA. With how many people worldwide are flying into Miami and Orlando to party like it's the Spring of 2019 though, we'll probably find out the hard way.

The Covid morbidity 'argument' seems to almost always be used by Christian Conservatives too... so much for caring about the lives of those 530,000 dead Americans, I guess? Fuck anyone who isn't an unborn collection of cells in the uterus of a woman you don't even know? etc. To top it off, the official Covid 19 death stats for the USA are probably far lower than the true numbers, because so many red states are simply not reporting deaths correctly, either through incompetence or malice or both.

I am constantly amazed people don't realize how badly the USA got fucked the past year. We were up to 25% unemployment at one point, depending on which set of unemployment numbers you believe are valid. But don't worry, the ultra rich got far richer.

/ rant over.

Re: Over 30,000 Banned in Yesterday's Warzone Banwave
Mar 17, 2021, 21:01
Re: Over 30,000 Banned in Yesterday's Warzone Banwave Mar 17, 2021, 21:01
Mar 17, 2021, 21:01

Cutter wrote on Mar 17, 2021, 20:01:
So does that mean you need to buy a new copy of CoD to play again? If so, great moneymaker for Actiblizz.

Well the game is still free to play, right? I assume there are a minority of cheaters who buy cosmetics who will have to buy those again, but most of these 100k cheaters will just come back right away on new accounts.
6758 Comments. 338 pages. Viewing page 21.
Newer [  1    16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31    338  ] Older