Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4307 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Battle Royale and Zombie Trailers
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Battle Royale and Zombie Trailers Oct 11, 2018, 10:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, pretty sure they have a large chunk of a BF3 map in that Battle Royale mode. Not that it's a bad thing, it's a great map.

Call of Duty becomes Battlefield, Battlefield becomes...Dragon Age:Mad Max ? I think I'm interested in both franchises again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
9. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 11, 2018, 10:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 20:45:
"We make children's hoodies, but it's only ever targeted at adults."

Just stop fucking talking, Philipe Bost. How did you ever become a fucking executive? Nepotism I'm guessing?

As much as I dislike any corporation or executive sociopath, I think this is much ado about nothing, really. Sadly the CoD franchise is old enough that people our age could be buying this sort of thing for their kids if they wanted to, regardless of whether or not they let their kids play the games. On top of that, everybody knows kids play CoD games nowadays anyway, you just need an 18+ year old to purchase it in some stores.

Even in the extremely limited realm of video games, there are much more important things to get riled up over.

News Comments > Internet Archive Launches Commodore 64 Library
12. Re: Internet Archive Launches Commodore 64 Library Oct 11, 2018, 10:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kxmode wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 23:08:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 19:58:
Dude.

Dude!

Dude.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 CitizenCon Trailer
2. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 - CitizenCon Trailer Oct 11, 2018, 10:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, that looks pretty damned good, and I recognized probably 10 or so 'big name' actors... of course, I'm guessing they're still nowhere near releasing a final version of Squadron 42, but still.

I wonder how they were able to afford paying all of these recognizable actors for their faces/voices(all jokes about ship jpgs aside); you'd think that would still be beyond whatever they have left of their millions.

I'm still down for a sale buy of Squadron 42 when it finally comes out in... 2042 I'm guessing.

News Comments > Just Cause 4 Story Trailer
1. Re: Just Cause 4 Story Trailer Oct 10, 2018, 20:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

I saw this news tidbit, and I was like: "hrm, I bet JC3 is on sale cheap now" and went to check Steam...of course I already bought it, several sales ago.

The queue cannot be defeated.

News Comments > Internet Archive Launches Commodore 64 Library
2. Re: Internet Archive Launches Commodore 64 Library Oct 10, 2018, 19:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dude.

News Comments > For Honor Passes 15M Players; Offers New Marching Fire Trailer
2. Re: For Honor Passes 15M Players; Offers New Marching Fire Trailer Oct 10, 2018, 19:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Is this game still a racist cesspool? Haha, just kidding, that's pretty much all online multiplayer games now.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Oct 10, 2018, 19:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kxmode wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 14:36:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 09:24:
Wow, fuck Ubisoft. I guess I won't be getting Ass Creed Odyssey even on sale, oh well.

Really wish I hadn't started that "Ass Creed" language.

I've seen it used elsewhere, but yeah it's a great abbreviation.

I like it about as much as I like PlunkBat instead of PUBG, or PoEt for Pillars of Eternity ( PoE = Path of Exile!!)

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Oct 10, 2018, 19:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Surely nothing bad will come of this!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2018, 19:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 18:09:
And even if the complications for flu shots didn't exist it still remain a crap shoot thaat they're picking the right strain. So you're gambling your life for something that may not even work. Have fun with that.

I advise you to read up on vaccines, the flu vaccine in particular. The only one you can actually get in the US at least, is the non-active virus version. If you aren't one of the .001% of people who cannot have vaccines, you are safer getting the flu vaccine than not.

Even in the US, it's paid for by pretty much any insurance, and since you're in Canada(right?) it should be free for humans, moose, grizzlies, etc.

Center for Disease Control

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2018, 16:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

The term AI is way overused, there are obviously no true AIs right now, only Expert Systems and Neural Networks. Not self aware, just complicated decision tree style programs. All that said, this sort of automation is going to be in everything very soon, and of course they are programmed by flawed humans. Good luck.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen & Tactical Legacy Pack Released - XCOM 2 Free Weekend
12. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen & Tactical Legacy Pack Released - XCOM 2 F Oct 10, 2018, 13:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Flatline wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 13:20:
Oh also: the new tactical missions are mandatory ironman. No save scumming! And apparently you can't re-start the campaign. I tried to after almost getting TPK'd from a series of spectacular misses and got a 5000 point penalty for it.

Hrm... not sure I like that... that sort of thing is pretty much guaranteed to make me rage out, forced Ironman and not even restarting? lol. At least it's a free update, and it's separate from the main campaign, right? I don't have XCOM 2 installed at the moment, due to massive RPG overload.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2018, 09:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

The defendant's website, which refers back to the 'blackcloak13' vendor page, is proudly adorned with pirate iconography, and proclaims "STOP BUYING GAMES".

Lol. Sounds like he'll have a bit of an uphill battle there.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 10, 2018, 09:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, fuck Ubisoft. I guess I won't be getting Ass Creed Odyssey even on sale, oh well.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 9, 2018, 23:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 20:20:
Ahh the sequel to an already terrible flick that no one asked for or wanted.

Well, they can only go up from the previous movie.

Hopefully he gets enough control to actually produce something worthwhile.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen & Tactical Legacy Pack Released - XCOM 2 Free Weekend
3. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen & Tactical Legacy Pack Released - XCOM 2 F Oct 9, 2018, 23:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Flatline wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 20:18:
Started playing and rage-quit. Two 100% hit chances in a row missed, and over half of my 75% or higher hit chances missed too. By the 4th mission I had seen the Advent miss... three times. I forgot that Firaxis thinks it's hilarious to give you inaccurate information.

War of the Chosen definitely increases the early difficulty of the game, but once you get the hang of the Chosen, it becomes manageable. Once you kill one or two and get their super weapons, the game becomes a hell of a lot easier, really. I don't recommend Ironman mode for your first game with WotC, some save scumming is required because occasionally you get some really bad rolls vs the Chosen.

I've never had a %100 chance shot miss, unless it somehow hit a part of the environment? That might be a bug. Anything under 100%, yeah you get some poorly timed misses, but that's the game.

The guerrilla missions are really vital to controlling the Advent's progress towards the Avatar, so you have some time to build up your forces and base, and can take the Chosen out. They are also easier to kill the earlier you find their base, if you wait too long they start getting a lot of upgrades. That said, I didn't try to kill any of their bases with the entry level guns, I had upgraded most weapon types once before going to the first Chosen base I found.

tl,dr: I encourage you to try again, the game is great, but not if you're going to rage-toss your keyboard through your monitor or something.

Slightly off topic: the Alien Hunter DLC is on sale, I might finally buy that and do another run through with everything turned on, although I hear the AH weapons are even stronger than the WotC weapons.

News Comments > Microsoft Buying Obsidian?
10. Re: Microsoft Buying Obsidian? Oct 9, 2018, 22:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, terrible news.

Microsoft has been gobbling up some decent studios as of late, hopefully they don't all get crushed into nothingness, ie. Ninja Theory et al.

Pathfinder:Kingmaker has some truly atrocious bugs, so in a way you're right, CJ, they are taking the reins from Obsidian.

Still, loving P:K, I was going to stop playing but I've been plodding along in my somewhat damaged first game, haven't run into a game ending bug yet, just a lot of annoying little ones.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2018, 10:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

22 years, ugh. We're all older than dirt.

I've only been posting here for under 10 years I think, but I was visiting Bluesnews back when it was basically just QWDM and QWTF stuff. Or maybe even the netquake days? Cursed human memory!

7. Re: Into the Black Oct 8, 2018, 22:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

[url=][/url]
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 6, 2018, 10:58:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 21:25:
You know they are worried about sales if they're releasing extended trailers.

After watching it I feel that 5 minutes of my life have been irretrievably lost.

Meh, at least it's not all gray and brown. I'll at least watch it on Netflix eventually; I'm kinda dissatisfied with the theater experience these days.

Black Manta's helmet looks ridiculously big in a live actor situation, although that's straight from the comics and animated versions. Kudos to them for trying to stay somewhat true to the source material though.

1. Re: Into the Black Oct 8, 2018, 21:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

I love that show, but holy shit, it must be a major hassle to try to get Roiland to record his lines. He's literally drunk most of the time he's recording, as far as anybody outside the process can tell.

Looking forward to season 4 with great anticipation though!

4307 Comments. 216 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo