Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3773 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 7, 2018, 20:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

heroin wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 19:38:
It's a game that I want to like but the zombies aspect makes me realize I just want Warcraft IV. So sick of swarms of fucking zombies.

Yeah, why has Blizzard put off making Warcraft 4 for so long? It'd basically sell 600 million copies in the first week, if they made it nothing more than a rehash of WC2 or WC3.

I'm somewhat interested in They Are Billions, just for the building aspect, but I hear it gets quite repetitive, and it's still early access, soo.... I'll wait for a real release.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Outbreak: The New Nightmare Awakens
5. Re: Outbreak: The New Nightmare Awakens Jan 5, 2018, 21:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh. As a solo project, it's somewhat impressive, but there's a reason games moved away from fixed camera style gameplay... it's fucking terrible.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 3, 2018, 11:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

"I'd like 10 billion dollars, deposited directly into the bank accounts of my choice." -MoreLuckThanSkill

News Comments > Steam's Best of 2017
13. Re: Steam's Best of 2017 Jan 2, 2018, 08:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Reactor wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 06:31:
I havenít played any of these...

Just wanted to say that for no apparent reason.

Not even D:OS2 or Witcher 3!?

I'm still tempted to try Warframe, I hear the combat is pretty good, and theoretically you can avoid any microtransactions and still get everything... in a single human lifespan.

News Comments > Iron Harvest 1920+ Trailers
6. Re: Iron Harvest 1920+ Trailers Jan 2, 2018, 08:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

KilrathiAce wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 02:15:
Based on some info, I am skeptical their engine is what they claim to be, and there is some question about some of the assets origin.

Ugh, what info? I was getting a little excited about this trailer, hopefully they haven't been stealing assets/making false engine claims.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend
10. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 31, 2017, 15:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

deqer wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 11:22:
Osc8r wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 22:27:
Fun for a while, but get's repetitive.

-edit- That said, everyone should definitely try it.
Unless you have all weapon perks, and played every map and experienced every scenario of monster waves on those maps?

THat's where I'm at, deqer. I've leveled my perks, played all the maps, used all the weapons (except whatever may have been added this last patch?). It's a fun game, but it's also up to 40gigs, without custom maps installed. Too many other large footprint games right now for me to still have KF2 installed.

I may go back and check it out again once I clear out some games.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 15:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

No Ruiner on this list, still!?! It's been on sale a couple of times, and it's on sale again now, it's awesome.

Also, the developers caved a little, toned down the difficulty quite a bit, it's not nearly as rough.

It's good to see D:OS2 on there, and Witcher 3 obviously.

I'm getting a little nervous about They Are Billions having this much success in EA though, it could lead to them getting cocky with their design work.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 30, 2017, 00:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Is this the first swatting death so far in the US?

It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't, but I don't recall hearing about one that actually resulted in a fatality until now.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 29, 2017, 22:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, I saw this yesterday... it's still making me sick to my stomach, he so easily could have been impaled, through the body or head, blecch... how are these guys laughing?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 29, 2017, 14:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Biased or incomplete data is nothing new, ie. read the article's description of the Wolves/Dogs study.

The real issue here is the police departments spending millions of dollars on this faulty research and then abusing the public because of it.

Throwing more money at the police for computers/programs they can't understand and military weapons they shouldn't have doesn't make any community safer.

News Comments > BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG
14. Re: BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG Dec 28, 2017, 22:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sooo... keep avoiding this game then. Thanks, all.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
30. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 28, 2017, 14:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 12:50:
Henry Dorsett wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 03:58:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 02:13:
Netflix makes some good stuff; Mindhunters, Travellers, etc.
If that's what you qualify as Netflix's "good stuff," I think we can all safely ignore you opinion on films and television. You, like the critics, are entitled to your opinion. It just happens to be, you know, pretty disingenuous to ding the movie for a lack of subtlety or not enough world-building when it's really God damn clear from the start that it's supposed to be an easily-accessible action-fantasy film.

You're in a pretty small minority if you think Mindhunters isn't good: Metacritic 79 with a user score of 8.4. IMDB score of 8.7, etc. Travelers also sitting at 8.0 on IMDB. So when you say "we can ignore" I'll assume you're using the "royal" we.

It'd be crazy if we ALL agreed on exactly the same things, even in a forum as small as this one. If we did, I'd probably stop coming here, it'd be too weird.

I can see not liking Mindhunters... it's well done, but it's based on faulty pseudo-science. It may even be encouraging the concept of profiling in the public view, but then again there have been a dozen movies and TV shows about that crap.

Travellers starts off as pretty simple sci-fi, and doesn't even hint at anything great until late in the first season(But they are great hints, which is why I'm still interested! ). I'm a few episodes into the second season, and I'm afraid they may chicken out from the hardcore sci-fi path, since the show got a little popular. We'll see.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
15. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 28, 2017, 02:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Meh, not sure what you guys were seeing when you saw Bright, but it was a pretty bad in my opinion.

**SPOILERS BELOW**

An embarrassingly ham-fisted racial metaphor, questionable plot (If the wand is that strong, why would Noomi Rapace's Elf character ever give it away, especially if her Elf group are basically turbo ninjas?), constant contradictions('everybody' knows only Brights can use a wand, yet regular people keep grabbing it and blowing up?) What exactly were the cops going to do with the wand if they had successfully stole it? Annihilate themselves by touching it bare handed? Even if a person is a Bright, if they don't know the magic words(as shown by Will Smith), they can't do much anyway? On top of that, apparently they will be targeted by the entirety of Earth's population, who will want to kill them and take the wand?

There were a couple centaurs around, and some other less common mythical creatures, yet they were mostly background scenery. It seems like the other non-human police would have maybe had some effect on Nick the orc cop's situation?

Most importantly though, the entire movie would have been over in the first 10 minutes if the runaway elf girl had just told Smith and his partner to call the magic Feds, or spoken English to them, and anybody had any sense and called the Feds to deal with the incoming Murderous Elf Trio.

All in all, it felt like it should have been a Shadowrun movie, or any one of the halfway decent modern day-fantasy series adaptations; Dresden Files, early Anita Blake, etc. Almost any of those, as cheesy as they mostly are, have far more fleshed out worlds to be used and drawn from. Oh well.

Netflix makes some good stuff; Mindhunters, Travellers, etc. but they are also starting to pump out a ton of crap, seemingly just to fill their servers with their own content.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not cancelling Netflix in protest or something, I just felt the negative reviews of Bright were correct; it simply wasn't that good of a movie.

OCD Complaint: also the firearm sounds in Bright were mostly terible. No excuse for a $100 million dollar movie.

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 26, 2017, 15:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Millionaires pay for sex from high priced hookers? News at 11.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 25, 2017, 18:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

On the one hand, bravo for an impressive student project!

On the other hand, how dare they sully the name Contra with this?! Where is the 6 gun, or laser? Or any semblance of movement through a level?

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video
15. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Dec 24, 2017, 16:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yet another Star Citizen thread!

It should be obvious by now, they are in no hurry to finish anything, as long as people keep spending millions on virtual ships. This game development is its own cult/religion/ponzi scheme.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Trailer
6. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Trailer Dec 23, 2017, 00:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

I was a lot more excited for this game before this video came out...something about the animations seems way off, also FoV is way too narrow, etc. The scenery is gorgeous, but it almost looks like they're using some version of the Gamebryo engine with it's shitty animations and physics or something.

Maybe on a decent sale, for now, pass for me.

News Comments > Get Kingdom: Classic for Free
6. Re: Get Kingdom: Classic for Free Dec 20, 2017, 15:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

The early bird gets the worm, etc.

I picked it up, but for those who missed it, it'll probably be on sale again in a week anyway, or maybe even free again, during the Christmas sale.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2017, 11:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

$22 Million, for the US government/military, is basically handing a guy a pencil and a stapler. If they actually thought this was worthwhile it'd be a multi-billion dollar effort.

News Comments > Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free
7. Re: Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free Dec 19, 2017, 00:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 23:12:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 22:42:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 21:52:
Great deal!

Arguably, the only way it could be a better deal is if they were to pay you to take the game and play it.

Picked it up, although Steam bugged out when I tried to add the soundtrack, said 'Application Failure' or something along those lines.

Trying to put the soundtrack key in again said it was already added to my account, but it doesn't show up. Oh well.

You didn't have the game installed. The Soundtrack is considered "DLC". Ran in to the same issue myself.

Ah, that makes perfect sense, thanks!

3773 Comments. 189 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo