Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3774 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 27, 2018, 16:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

That title is misleading, the article clearly says loading times are vastly improved(albeit it is not known if that's other optimizations or no Denuvo).

Also, all games improve with no DRM.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jan 26, 2018, 19:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 22:27:
lol.

Anyone remember that extreme basketball league with trampolines built into the court? That was tits. I think the injury rate was rather high.

Slamball. I had to look it up, apparently that league is still active!

Look here!

*EDIT* Ugh fake youtube videos... that's not from 2017. Looking at the Wikipedia page, the last Slamball event was apparently in 2012.

Although:
"In 2015 Slamball resurfaced in China. After what appeared to be an extended courtship with the Chinese government, and community at large, new Slamball facilities began construction throughout China. Eventually, the new partnership with Chinese entities created 5 teams to officially expand the league to Asia. Slamball creator Mason Gordon did exhaustive leg work advancing the process. In 2015 all Gordon's hard work would pay off as Slamball started capturing the attention of the Chinese public."

News Comments > Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered
1. Re: Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered Jan 26, 2018, 19:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell? Did this game even get an actual release?

I feel sorry for their art team, the graphics were pretty amazing. Oh well, it won't make a billion dollars, might as well flush it down the toilet.

News Comments > New Dragon Age Game in the Works
30. Re: New Dragon Age Game in the Works Jan 26, 2018, 15:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 02:23:
Can I hop on the extreme leftist millenials train and claim that what I FEEL is true? XD

That's hardly reserved only for the left, or any particular age group.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire in April; Preorders Begin
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire in April; Preorders Begin Jan 26, 2018, 15:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nucas wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 11:15:

i still liked it but much like baldur's gate 1, i only ever played it once and thought that was enough. here's hoping for the baldur's gate 2 type experience that i revisit like 30 times.

Basically this, BG1 had a ton of flaws once you take the nostalgia goggles off. BG2 is my favorite game, all time, no question. I've probably done 6-7 complete playthroughs, and another 5-6 that either trailed off due to HD failures or corrupt saves or other non-game issues.

Obsidian has learned enough from Pillars 1, and even Tyranny, that they should be able to make a beastly Pillars 2. Worst case scenario, it takes a couple patches, but it'll be good eventually.

2. Re: Into the Black Jan 25, 2018, 22:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

I feel as though humanity is missing out greatly, with this sort of shit.

Why make another, shittier NFL? Make a Roided out, Cybernetically enhanced(later), HGH full sport, let them go nuts and do superhuman things nonstop!

The press release includes McMahon being quoted as saying he won't allow anyone to protest, and he will be the owner of all the teams. What a joke.

This XFL will be as bad as the first one, if not worse.

News Comments > Anthem Delayed?
14. Re: Anthem Delayed? Jan 25, 2018, 22:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I got a bundled copy of Destiny 2, and have put a few hours into it. I've come to the conclusion that there is PLENTY of space for a good Borderlands/Destiny/Open World Shooty Looty Whatever Light RPG thing to succeed, if somebody actually gets their shit together.

Tight shooting mechanics, FUN loot(not from lootboxes, I mean from regular play), great graphics and sound, some interesting lore, and maybe, just maybe, a decent story, will get some company the top seat.

This seems like this game should have already been made by now, yet apparently it's not that easy. How good/crappy is The Division these days?

I'm still holding out hope that Anthem turns out great, but somehow I doubt it's possible.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire in April; Preorders Begin
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire in April; Preorders Begin Jan 25, 2018, 21:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Already backed via Kickstarter of course, hopefully I can finish my current runs through PoEt 1 before April.

Before anybody comes in and badmouths Pillars 1, let me say, the current version is miles beyond the vanilla Day 1 release. Also, IEMod has gotten way better, and works well to modify almost anything left that you'd want to change.

From what little I've read of the beta, the Multiclass/Subclass options in PoEt 2 look like they're going to be extremely interesting, and allow for some crazy builds to be developed. I can barely wait!

*EDIT* I said Kickstarter, I think this one, I had to use their Fig funding website, not actually Kickstarter.

News Comments > New Dragon Age Game in the Works
24. Re: New Dragon Age Game in the Works Jan 25, 2018, 16:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dragon Age:Origins was spectacular, I loved it, even with the unnecessarily complicated modding/DLC crap when it was first released(I assume it's improved now?)

I played the demo for DA2 and hated it, skipped the game.

I do have DA:Inquisition, but kinda gave up on it fairly early on. I fought the camera more than the enemies, and didn't really enjoy their damage system much. I've been meaning to go back and finish it, but there is so much other stuff to play, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

This upcoming DA game sounds like it is years away, not sure sure why they even mentioned it, when you would think the company's focus is Anthem still.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Announced
3. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Announced Jan 24, 2018, 12:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

grudgebearer wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 11:45:
Wow...not sure how the first one warranted a sequel. Gameplay was horrendous IMHO.

Yeah... I got the first one, initially intrigued, but the actual gameplay, small 'fleets' and barely connected missions in the campaign turned me off to the game extremely quickly.

If they go with MUCH larger fleets, less reliance on the damned bombs, and some more cohesion/continuity between missions, the sequel could be much better though.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta This Week
5. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta This Week Jan 22, 2018, 11:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Windows store? Lol!

I'll consider this when they relent and put it on a slightly less offensive service.

News Comments > More on Destiny 2 Rewards
5. Re: More on Destiny 2 Rewards Jan 21, 2018, 16:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2018, 16:09:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 21, 2018, 14:57:
I got this game bundled with a video card recently, and the graphics are great, the shooting mechanics are tight and responsive, but how the hell is it this hard to figure out the looting, months(a year?) after release?

Every item I loot is basically an incrementally better item(or the same) as what I have currently, I'm not sure when the game ever starts dropping game changing loot, but I'm already level 18? out of 25.

How does it compare with Borderlands? There were a lot of junk guns in there, too, but every now and then you'd find something substantially better. Also, part of the fun was just trying out the wild random combinations.

It's definitely more conservative(so far) in terms of gun design than Borderlands 1 or 2, I have yet to find any completely crazy guns, regardless of whether or not they are usable. Everything is... pretty good. Armor loot is okay, guns are okay, graphics and sound are amazing, some of the voice work is amazing, it makes me feel like this game is a few patches away from being amazing, but as of right now, I'm not in a huge rush to go back and put more hours into it, honestly.

I'm glad it came with the video card, because it looks damned gorgeous in 4k. I played some PvP as well, I assume all the good players have already quit, I was able to beat veteran players(level 25, maxxed gear) with my level 1-2 crap gear. I've mostly done the PvE though, going through the campaign(Hunter) and getting side tracked a lot by the open world missions, semi-random events or whatever.

I did learn already that apparently I'm fucking up some of those, in order to turn them into Heroic(and get better loot) you need to do certain things for each one... which is bad design in my opinion, but the methods to transform into heroics is publicly known, so what can you do. I'd prefer it go Heroic just based on how many people show up.

Basically whoever makes a good version of Destiny 2 or Borderlands, with tons of varied, usable guns, with a similar open world style and some good art/sound backing it up, can just take my money. I'm hoping that Bioware's Anthem becomes that, but I doubt it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 21, 2018, 15:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Two days until the Subnautica retail release, adding yet another 200+ hour game to my list.

News Comments > More on Destiny 2 Rewards
1. Re: More on Destiny 2 Rewards Jan 21, 2018, 14:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

I got this game bundled with a video card recently, and the graphics are great, the shooting mechanics are tight and responsive, but how the hell is it this hard to figure out the looting, months(a year?) after release?

Every item I loot is basically an incrementally better item(or the same) as what I have currently, I'm not sure when the game ever starts dropping game changing loot, but I'm already level 18? out of 25.

5. Re: Into the Black Jan 20, 2018, 00:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, don't even see an option to allow that video to play, Firefox 64bit with uBlock Origin and Ghostery.

Which is odd, most videos play with my settings, must be from Facebook directly or something?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2018, 22:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Link from PJmedia, rofl.

The only worse links would have been directly from Breitbart or Infowars.

News Comments > PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified
8. Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 13:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Banning 100,000+ people at a time? These guys just made themselves millions of dollars, when all of those asshats just buy new copies of the game.

Looks like I can be in the extreme minority and keep avoiding PUBG, if the cheating is still that bad.

News Comments > Epic on the Future of Paragon
5. Re: Epic on the Future of Paragon Jan 17, 2018, 15:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Paragon... it certainly looks gorgeous, and I even got some free Paragon credits or something with a video card, yet I can't really be bothered to install it. No single player of any sort(?) as far I can tell, just another MOBA with some very nice graphics.

Supposedly it's only around 11gb fully installed, perhaps I'll try it at some point, but it's also still in beta, with no signs of a real release anytime soon. There's so much other stuff to play now too...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2018, 18:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

BobBob wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 17:46:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 16:58:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 14:40:
NKD wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 11:11:
Kid was afraid of getting an injection so the parents didn't take him to the doctor until he was already hallucinating and convulsing. Can't imagine what it's like to beat yourself up over that...

It's a terrible, terrible story...

Never underestimate the power of doubt. Parents probably doubted it had rabies and that their son was infected. Also, maybe some lack of knowledge of rabies is to blame as well.

I feel bad for those people, they most likely lost their world.
I think rabies has passed out of common knowledge largely. When I was a kid, rabies would come up several times a year and my dad even shot dead a rabid raccoon. But I haven't heard anyone talk about it for years.

All you need to know is in this documentary.

Aww, I was convinced that was going to be a Cujo link, color me disappointed.

*EDIT* Also, Grim Dawn is an ARPG. I find it to be great, but if you don't like ARPGs in the first place... not much I can tell you. You kill stuff, get loot, gain experience, increase your skills, learn more about the game mechanics, get better at the game, to kill more stuff, and get more loot, repeat. It's not an especially deep game(even among ARPGs), and legendaries don't start dropping until your character is level 50, so plenty of people can get discouraged before then.

There are build defining legendaries, and like Titan Quest, it's a 2 Class combo game, so there are plenty of interesting builds to discover. Pretty much ANY build is viable through all of Normal/Veteran and Elite, with or without the expansion. Ultimate difficulty, you will probably have to drop some of the more ridiculous builds, as HP/damage go way up, and Nemeses(semi-random mini-bosses) will start to spawn regularly. Although honestly, you can still struggle through Ultimate with non-optimal builds as long as you dodge well and kite, and avoid some Nemesis class enemies.

Resistances are usually more important than straight glass-cannon style damage, even for ranged characters, simply because so many enemies are fast and/or have charge/teleport abilities, but range is perfectly playable. Pure Glass Cannon builds are going to be a headache though. 1h/Shield melee is probably the easiest to get started with, Soldier/Demolitionist or Soldier/Anything really.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2018, 18:20.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Story Trailer
4. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Story Trailer Jan 15, 2018, 15:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looking on the Steam forums, this game does not award experience per kill, but per daily achievements, which are capped( X per day, then you're done for the day).

Hard pass on any games with this sort of mechanic.

I should go back and finish the Van Helsing trilogy though, I liked the first one.

3774 Comments. 189 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo