Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3887 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Gameplay Trailer
3. Re: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Gameplay Trailer Mar 28, 2018, 20:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks interesting, also looks a little limited, gameplay wise. Only 3 characters at a time? a half dozen characteristics, only 3 usable at a time?

I'm not sold on it yet; if it was the 'glory days of X-Com' we'd have 16 guys in the party.

Still, some interesting stuff in the gameplay trailer, I'll keep an eye on it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2018, 20:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, well, I'm sort of interested, but I don't like that they're ducking the real world for another season. At this rate they'll just do complete fantasy settings(of a fantasy show to begin with) until Archer wakes up in the series finale.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launches
4. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launches Mar 28, 2018, 07:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 04:34:
Was anyone clamoring for this? Besides a great toolset, what else did it have going for it?

I remember there being a few interesting quests, but overall a lesser game compared to BG1/BG2. Apparently people love it for some of the multiplayer?

NWN2 was far superior, for single player.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Released
37. Re: Far Cry 5 Released Mar 27, 2018, 22:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'll definitely buy this when it gets a decent sale, simply too much other stuff to play right now to be worth it.  

3. Re: Into the Black Mar 27, 2018, 22:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Do they consider vegetable Samosas (Indian cuisine) dumplings? If so, that's a pretty strong contender. Pierogies, Samosas, chinese style dumplings, drop batter style dumplings, etc.

Mmmm...carbs and meat/vegetables, packed into a small appealing package, fried/steamed, gg.

News Comments > Destiny 2 March Update
1. Re: Destiny 2 March Update Mar 27, 2018, 22:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Good, I've been meaning to go back and at least finish the campaign portion of this game, and I've gotten a little spoiled with the insane movement in Warframe.

Warframe's movement = top notch, however the grinding is a bit insane for me, I'll probably drop the game fairly soon. Also, infinite spawn dumb AI on most missions is really boring.

Where is the perfect Borderlands/Destiny/Warframe (with more weapons in inventory for use simultaneously) when you need it!?!

Shooty(FPS or TPS)/ARPGy/Insane Movement/Insane Story, there's a space for a few good games there, for the few of us who aren't swept up in the Battle Royale fervor.

News Comments > Robocraft Royale Early Access
1. Re: Robocraft Royale Early Access Mar 27, 2018, 07:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

So. The contagion has spread. Truly, we are lost.

News Comments > Get The Darkness II for Free
12. Re: Get The Darkness II for Free Mar 27, 2018, 07:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

I remember the original, so I picked this up. GG, Humble Bundle.

Although, side note, Humble seems to have gotten way more annoying in the last year or two, in terms of trying to actually access your library; it requires an email confirmation code, or for you to store a Humble cookie in your browser, I'm assuming.

News Comments > Brutalism Released
1. Re: Brutalism Released Mar 26, 2018, 20:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Harsh.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Features Trailer
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Features Trailer Mar 26, 2018, 17:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fion, as CJ_Parker said, Pillars of Eternity is a great rpg, and it has definitely been patched extensively (and for the better) since release. I also recommend IEMod for some final finishing touches to make gameplay better, ie. Fast Scouting mainly, but you can also tune spellcasting to your liking.

I'll be playing PoEt II on day one, bugs and all. Mwahahaha! Although I've heard about some changes that they've done in the sequel that I'm not pleased with, at least on paper. I'll have to wait to see how they actually are though, no beta access.

News Comments > Open World Star Wars Game Plans?
26. Re: Open World Star Wars Game Plans? Mar 26, 2018, 09:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sepharo wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 21:04:
Every now and then I glance at this headline and think we're getting a World Star game.

That would either be the greatest or worst thing to come to PC gaming.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2018, 17:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

He could have rented a helicopter for a couple hours, and had it go straight up from the ground to 4-5,000 feet, much safer and cheaper than his steam rocket deathtrap.

Somehow though, I think a lot fewer Flat Earthers would have given him money for that sort of sensible venture.

Humanity really is too stupid to survive.

News Comments > Star Control Wars
12. Re: Star Control Wars Mar 23, 2018, 12:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

What have Fred and Paul even been doing for the past 20+ years? I mean I know they've been running Toys for Bob, but why just ignore Star Control if they still cared about it?

If they were interested in actually making something with Star Control, it seems like they should have bought the IP back from Atari in 2011 or earlier.

Now they are just going to waste money in court over an IP that frankly very few living gamers are going to care about. There's a much higher percentage of interested gamers on Blues News of course.

8. Re: Into the Black Mar 22, 2018, 13:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 08:17:
Perfect! Six and half minutes which confirmed I made the correct choice in never seeing any of those films. Definitely makes my top 25 list of useful things I've watched on YouTube.

What the hell, you're missing out if you're at all a fan of cinema. This Honest Trailers isn't completely wrong, but it's also more of a light jibe at some great movies than a harsh criticism, and definitely shoudln't be seen as some sort of warning to avoid all Wes Anderson movies.

Rushmore is probably my favorite Wes Anderson movie, but they're all good, with some great performances by skilled actors, and of course, Wes Anderson's distinctive filming/writing style. You may indeed come to dislike that style at some point in the future, but I feel you're missing out by avoiding these movies completely.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 22, 2018, 07:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

$6.24 for Grim Dawn? That's practically giving away one of the best ARPGs out there.

I can't wait for the second expansion, supposedly later this year!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II 2.0
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II 2.0 Mar 21, 2018, 23:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cool, cool... bring out that $9.99 sale while you're at it!

*EDIT* Hrm, apparently they are serious about drawing people in, currently the game is %60 off on Origin, until March 27th? $23.99, I'll admit I'm tempted. I really didn't put a whole lot of hours into the first one though, and that was off a decent sale price.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2018, 07:17.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
42. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 12:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks... pretty boring. Although that's probably good for the game, as Fortnite/PLUNKBAT look pretty boring to me, and they're making billions of dollars.

Still, Windows 10 exclusive? Windows Store only?

News Comments > Headsnatchers Announced
2. Re: Headsnatchers Announced Mar 21, 2018, 10:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks like a ripoff of Gangbeasts, although is it still a ripoff if the original never really got finished? *Tree falling in the woods*

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2018, 23:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 19:15:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 10:40:
Rick and Morty limbo

NOOOOOOoooOOOooo

They're going to renew. They'd be crazy not to. One does wonder WTF they are doing over there.

Well, based on almost any tape of the actual creators, the production of Rick and Morty was constantly teetering on the edge of exploding into nothingness, and/or Roiland drinking himself to death.

I love the show but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they pissed off enough people to get their show cancelled and/or asked for 100 billion dollars for season 4 and get cancelled by default.

News Comments > Epic Releases $12M Worth of Paragon Content
8. Re: Epic Releases $12M Worth of Paragon Content Mar 19, 2018, 23:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow... I hope some talented teams end up using some of this(and aren't screwed by any sort of hidden licensing!) because the Paragon models always looked amazing.

3887 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo