Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3548 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Leak Reveals Middle-earth: Shadow of War?
17. Re: Leak Reveals Middle-earth: Shadow of War? Feb 27, 2017, 16:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 15:26:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 13:50:
Also, there is at least one combo of Orc chief abilities that is basically untouchable: Ranged High Damage, Cannot Be Surprised, Cannot be Executed, Cannot be Harmed in Melee. In the second 'zone' it's possible for a guy to spawn with all of that.

So basically you cannot harm him except with a mounted beast, but then he can kill a mounted beast from range pretty easily.

Pretty sure you can headshot that guy? I think I saw him. Put a few arrows in his skull and down he went. The annoying thing is that since you can't melee him, you never behead him, and he keeps coming back. Eventually I just ignored him.

My fatal mistake with that guy was I got killed by him once, and the power he gained was "Immune to Arrows," or whatever it's called in game.

So yeah he comes back even if he dies, and I could only kill him with a mounted beast attack. It's sorta good, in a way, you can steamroll most of the lieutenants with no problem whatsoever, just that guy had immunity to basically 98% of the player's abilities.

*EDIT* Typo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Leak Reveals Middle-earth: Shadow of War?
12. Re: Leak Reveals Middle-earth: Shadow of War? Feb 27, 2017, 13:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

I started out loving the first one, then got worn out with the grind. I maxxed out my character's abilities, but had utterly no desire to finish the story.

Also, there is at least one combo of Orc chief abilities that is basically untouchable: Ranged High Damage, Cannot Be Surprised, Cannot be Executed, Cannot be Harmed in Melee. In the second 'zone' it's possible for a guy to spawn with all of that.

So basically you cannot harm him except with a mounted beast, but then he can kill a mounted beast from range pretty easily.

I'm pretty sure I still have my saves though, it's on my list of things to go back and finish if somehow all my other games vanish.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Beta Survey
12. Re: Dawn of War III Beta Survey Feb 26, 2017, 22:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, a surpising (to me, at least) number of Last Stand supporters here. That mode is the exact opposite to what I want out of any RTS game, but cool if you guys enjoyed it.

Personally, I just hope DoW3 is way more DoW1/traditional RTS than any of that MOBA sort of stuff.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 26, 2017, 12:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

hrm, I need a second SSD I think, I got this for free because I owned AotS, which I had gotten on a discount for owning SoaSE or something.

But currently, no room to even install it and become jaded and disillusioned with the modern RTSes. I'm looking at you, Grey Goo and AotS:E.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Beta Survey
2. Re: Dawn of War III Beta Survey Feb 26, 2017, 12:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hump wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 11:50:
A sequel to Space Marine would be welcomed.....

While Space Marine was pretty cool, don't even joke about potentially messing up this RTS, especially since it's more DoW1 than DoW2.

"Hrm, some of these people liked Space Marine. Let's scrap the RTS game and just do Space Marine 2!" -Marketing Drone #75864

I'm tempted to actually sign up for this beta, just to put down the classics:

Starcraft(mostly 1, polish of 2), Warcraft 2 and 3, Men of War, DoW1, Battle Realms.

Cherry pick the best aspects of half of those games and DoW3, with the 40k lore, will be ridiculously awesome.

If they go more Hero heavy, then Spellforce 2, Soldiers of Anarchy, and Dragonshard, for how to have some insanely cool small team rts with heroes.

That reminds me though, I need to go back and finish Space Marine. I have like a dozen games half finished on my main desktop at the moment, keep getting distracted.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Cats, toxoplasma Gondii Feb 23, 2017, 15:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, that's the least useful fucking study I've heard about in awhile.

If you're testing for dementia/psychosis, you can't stop the study at 18 years old...

Unfortunately there will probably never be a real toxoplasmsosis gondii study done in humans, it takes too long, and no living person is going to let their brain get biopsied.

tl/dr: don't be around cats or cat droppings.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Pillars of Eternity 2 Fig Campaign Raises More Than $3 million. Feb 23, 2017, 15:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 23, 2017, 14:26:
P.S.: Wow, I totally forgot about the Fig funds. It is even more of a super-epic mega fail if we deduct the investor funds. The actual pledges only stand at about $1.8 million right now which makes it well under 50% of the first campaign. Talk about a complete failure. I'm proud of all my fellow gamers who, like me, did not fall for Obshittian hype of nothingness again. A nice wallet vote right there. WTG bruuuuhs!

Yep, not as many people like FIG, or wanted to pledge/pre-order, 30k vs 74k for PoEt 1. Still, they are going to end up with probably $4 million from this campaign. That doesn't seem like a complete failure.

Keep in mind, some people chose to actually invest(game+monetary returns) rather than pledge(no investment returns, just the game/rewards), so it's a bit different than a straight Kickstarter campaign. Less people ended up giving about the same amount of total money, potentially more if they want to get to the additional Ship Types stretch goal. 28 hours to go, they'll probably break the $4million mark.

In addition to how the game actually turns out, I'm curious to see what sort of praise/rage we hear about from the investors after this is all over. Theoretically even if the game isn't good, the Fig model might still 'work' for the investors. So far though, I'm liking all of the info and clips about the game, except the 5 man party decision. This game will probably turn out to be pretty damned good.

*Disclaimer: I pledged only, the $45 dollar version -$5 for owning PoEt 1.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 22, 2017, 18:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm going to start using this excuse at work. "Wasn't me, it was cosmic rays!"

Surely that won't lead to immediate termination?

5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 22, 2017, 18:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Alamar wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 15:32:
Holy crap, that does indeed look like Ghosts N' Goblins... The jumping style, and the crouch and tossing lances really stood out...

Didn't like the video overall though... Too much flipping between images really quickly...

Video editing aside, yeah that game looks pretty sweet, in a focused nostalgic way.

I used to love/hate Ghouls N' Ghosts back in the day, talk about an unforgiving old school game. Real pros keep the lance the entire way through.

2. Re: Pillars of Eternity 2 Fig Campaign Raises More Than $3 million. Feb 22, 2017, 12:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 11:18:
*snip* vitriol

You seem quite upset, hopefully you find something relaxing to occupy your time.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: ..moving to Canada because Donald Trump is president Feb 21, 2017, 20:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Good for you, Mike Wilson! Good luck in the frozen north.

Hopefully that doesn't delay Ruiner any further though...

News Comments > Over 20 Million Terrarians
10. Re: Over 20 Million Terrarians Feb 18, 2017, 23:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I dunno, I had a game that I had started probably back close to when Terraria first came out, on this laptop, then I tried to play it probably 4-5 months ago, and it didn't show me having any characters here.

Although, I'm trying to remember if I had to replace this SSD in this laptop... wtf am I getting old or something?!

You guys may be right, I may have lost the character due to hardware, not software issues.

Anyway, to further confuse the issue, I now have a Starbound game started on my main gaming desktop, a 'new' Terraria on this laptop, and I know I have some old Terraria saves leftover on the old gaming desktop.

Basically some dirt, rocks and trees are getting harvested, no matter how you look at it.

News Comments > Over 20 Million Terrarians
5. Re: Over 20 Million Terrarians Feb 18, 2017, 20:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

I think nearly everyone on Steam has this by now. I've started it a bunch of times, but never 'finished' it. Half the time, they patch it so much they wipe my old saves.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Prophecy of War Trailer
7. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Prophecy of War Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 20:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 19:40:
The gameplay looks very good, but I'm worried about the way they described the campaign. It alternates between the three races, which gives me this feeling that it'll be like 9 missions in total or something, and then for mission 10 you pick which race you want to win the storyline.

It seems a cheap way to make a campaign for all three races, and typically that means it'll be short and pretty forgetful...

I hope I'm wrong, because I want this to be awesome.

Well, you're probably not THAT far off on your guess. I doubt the single player campaign will be huge. I'm more concerned with them putting together a good Skirmish vs. AI portion of the game.

DoW1 Expansions, particularly the Dark Crusade, had a much better campaign than Vanilla DoW1, playable by ALL the races, with a Risk-ish map that rewarded conquests with veteran units and equipment for the heroes. Probably the finest version of Warhammer 40k so far, for computerized single player.

Once they get their foot in the door, so to speak, with this vanilla version, they can release more races and a variable campaign in an expansion or DLC.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2017, 19:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 19:29:
Don't Rear End Minivan Drivers in Dallas, TX.

What's up with that kid?

Phsyical or emotional trauma, or acting out for attention, no way to tell for sure.

But apparently all the TV people and the cops forgot about the OTHER, blue SUV that got partially hit as well, that rolled off camera to the left...

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
33. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 17:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 11:58:
ForgedReality wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 11:37:
Did they have to use a fucking Canadian voice over guy though? That accent fucking irritates me so much for some reason.

He's not Canadian. I'm Canadian and sound nothing like that. I'm surrounded by other Canadians and none of them sound like that. This is how we sound, buddy.

Damn, I figured almost all Canadians sound like this.

32. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 17:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 16:14:
Are these "sales bin" comments never gonna stop? I swear, I'm getting the impression not a single game is worth more than 10 bucks for these people.

Opinions will differ of course, but yeah, this game looks like a 'sale only' game for me. Thousands, perhaps millions of people, on the other hand, will buy it day one, practically guaranteed. Responses in this thread alone are mostly positive/day one buys.

If they had made ME:Andromeda a 6+ person party, isometric, sci-fi RPG, (with real time pausing!) it'd probably have been a day 1 buy for me, but then they'd probably only sell like 3k copies.

It's not like it's 25 years ago, where everybody bought a physical copy of the one big game coming out. So many games come out so rapidly now, if one isn't quite your cup of tea, and it's single player(mostly), you can afford to wait 6 months to a year for the price to drop and/or a sale to occur.

It's not like any of these mega-franchise, AAA studios are going to go out of business.

30. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 18, 2017, 15:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looks like at best, another $9.99 or less buy from me, way down the line. I stalled out on both Mass Effect 3 and DA:Inquisition, it's been awhile since I've felt eager to get back into either one of those two games.

I think the last Bioware game I actually played through was ME2, and I struggled to finish that. On the other hand, I am feeling an urge to do another run through DA:Origins, just to compare it to the latest crop of party based rpgs.

Like many said in this thread, Bioware will probably make a few dump trucks worth of money on this game.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Prophecy of War Trailer
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Prophecy of War Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 11:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is looking pretty awesome already...hopefully if it does well, they will add in the Imperial Guard, Tau, etc. with expansions or maybe even free dlc?

Probably not, but I'm still interested. I loved DoW 1, vanilla and with mods, could never really get into DoW 2, felt too much like a watered down ARPG or something, not enough RTS.

News Comments > Redeemer Announced
5. Re: Redeemer Announced Feb 17, 2017, 15:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

MT Silver wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 06:49:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 21:25:
Wow, this looks pretty good, actually. Should be a nice counterpoint to Ruiner, for the top-down, Smash TV style action genre.

Added to the Wishlist.
Is that game even alive? Haven't heard a peep in like a year.

Pretty sure it is, but yeah they aren't exactly moving quickly. Apparently there was a playable demo at Pax, but I wasn't there to play it or anything.

3548 Comments. 178 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo