Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2914 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Bonus Weekend
4. Re: Killing Floor 2 Bonus Weekend Apr 29, 2016, 16:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 03:41:
Er, they announced a very clear 'THERE WILL BE NO WIPES, DON'T WORRY, PLAY ALL YOU WANT' at E3 last year... I'm not aware of any indication that they've gone back on that.

Oh, really? That's great then. My Perks are all in the 5-10 range, but I've been avoiding playing a ton, going by what they said way earlier about wiping everything out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Gameplay Trailer
8. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2016, 14:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, this looks like it's going to be sweet!

Tentatively excited about this.

News Comments > Battlefield Reveal Next Week?
9. Re: Battlefield Reveal Next Week? Apr 29, 2016, 14:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Retired wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 12:45:
Have we reached saturation yet?

Never!

It'd be nice to see BF2143 basically, but whatever they make, it'll be DLC'd out the ass for a total price over $100 easily. And buggy as shit of course for the first 4-6 months. *Sigh.*

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Bonus Weekend
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Bonus Weekend Apr 29, 2016, 03:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

This XP bonus would be great, if they weren't still leaning towards wiping all the perks before the Early Access/Beta ends.

Gameplay is a fun modified version of KF1. If you liked KF1, odds are you will enjoy this, if you can accept the minor differences.

I just wish they wouldn't take so freaking long between updates, it's getting ridiculous at this point.

News Comments > DOOM Single-Player Video
27. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 29, 2016, 03:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks like it'll be a fun, albeit probably pretty short single player game.

2 Weapon multiplayer? Hopefully they mod that out pretty quick.

Still on board for a $9.99 sale or so buy.

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity Content Patch
8. Re: Ashes of the Singularity Content Patch Apr 27, 2016, 21:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, that's a really interesting write-up in the post mortem. I have been interested in this game since I first head about it like a year ago, but I still think I'm going to wait for a price drop. There is simply too much to play out there still, at least in my personal seemingly infinite queue.

*EDIT* Anybody else get an email from Stardock today for 50% off Ashes of the Singularity, if they own Sins of a Solar Empire? I'm hoping that wasn't some random phishing scam

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2016, 02:02.

News Comments > More BioWare Teasing
11. Re: More BioWare Teasing Apr 27, 2016, 20:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sheesh, "Bioware." At this point, who is left from the BG2 era? Almost no one, it seems.

Oh well, BG1+2, DA:O were great, Mass Effect was okay. A lot of games companies have done far less.

Bioware, you will be missed.

News Comments > Dreadnought Preorders; Closed Beta This Week
2. Re: Dreadnought Preorders; Closed Beta This Week Apr 27, 2016, 17:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Keith wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 15:54:
This looks pretty damned good. Unfortunately, my experiences with space/large craft games that seem to require a team to function well just haven't been that good. The games themselves seem like they have been pretty well done, it's the retard or non-existent team players that make it die. I wouldn't mind seeing one of these done with a nice lenghty single player component. Well, that and the ability to control things with a mouse and keyboard instead of one of those crappy console controllers or a flight stick.

Well, every team based game can be ruined by idiots on either team. That will never change.

However, I don't think this game will be that bad, as far as I understand it, each player at least gets their own ship, be it a dreadnought or corvette. At least you won't be relying on other players to fire your weapons as you pilot, etc.

Only potential issue I see is they are already selling cosmetic DLC, and the game itself is going to be some sort of F2P with microtransactions setup. I know it's the new model for games, but I am not a fan of the F2P grind/treadmills.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 26, 2016, 10:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 22:02:
YAY for Bloodlines finally being sold somewhere else. Not at $20 though, talk about insane.

Agreed, that has to be a typo or something. $20 for a game that has practically been given away for free on other platforms, including Steam? It does remind me that I have to play through with that new Unofficial patch though. They are up to version 9.5!

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Rewards
7. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Rewards Apr 26, 2016, 10:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, Diablo 3. Blizzard has their C or D team on this game now, everybody else has been pulled and put on WoW or Overwatch.

They just keep doubling down on the terrible idea of Seasons. It's embarrassing at this point, to me at least.

Only thing that can save D3 now is offline mode and allowing modding. The base game is simply too repetitive, and too restrictive, item and skill wise. Even for an ARPG.

News Comments > Arcade Classics on Steam
4. Re: Arcade Classics on Steam Apr 23, 2016, 17:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

descender wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 13:28:
Man, I want to love this but these are just absolutely horrible (possibly mobile) ports.

No official controller support, windowed messed up resolutions, basically no options at all... and 700+MB for each game?! Terrible.

Ugh. Thanks for posting this before I bought them and went into a furious rage.

I need to get around to getting another MAME setup going.

News Comments > HEX: Shards of Fate Launches
3. Re: HEX: Shards of Fate Launches Apr 22, 2016, 19:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

I've been playing a bit of this today, this game seems to be extremely well done so far, getting a nice M:tG feel of course, but with all new art and some new abilities. I assume they waylay you later after you're hooked, and urge you to spend real cash on their cards to continue to advance.

News Comments > Steamship - Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
4. Re: Steamship - Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Apr 21, 2016, 23:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yifes wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 22:18:
How is the campaign? Is there a lot of narrative and story, or is it a bunch of skirmishes tied together with minimal exposition?

Well, it is a bunch of skirmishes so far (Turn 4), but there does seem to be quite a bit of voice-over with slide show animations in between missions, but in a good way. The introduction of the Orcs was great, honestly. It is a sub-$40 RTS game though, I doubt there is much more to the campaign story than the hard-assed Imperium Navy and a couple Inquisitor/Space Marine/Tech Priest etc. killing Chaos and Xenos.

That said, what I've seen so far, has been pretty well done, albeit fairly simply, plot-wise.

Just got my ass kicked trying to level up some new ships, came back to bluesnews to let my rage fade a bit. I will probably need to restart; I spent all my Reknown on getting some bigger ships, but the per mission cap seems to be extremely low early on... I don't know, maybe it's possible to recover. Playing on Normal currently, 0 time spent in the beta.

Definitely borrows heavily from that late-life patch(or was it a mod?) to Gratuitous Space Battles, which let you control your ships a bit. Once the mission starts you will not be building anything new, or getting reinforcements aside from Fighters/Bombers. At least, so far.

News Comments > Steamship - Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
1. Re: Steamship - Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Apr 21, 2016, 19:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

First impressions: pretty damned good so far, micro is rewarded, but leveling up your ships correctly still required.

So far it feels like the frigates and other smaller vessels are just a waste of resources, but it's early in the learning curve for me.

Graphics are gorgeous, ships feel nice and ponderous as they turn around and launch broadsides, audio is well done and Warhammer-y so far. Although yet again, I have to wonder how the Warhammer 40k universe can have so many people (in theory) if they die so rapidly, with nonstop combat seemingly throughout the galaxy.

News Comments > RUINER Announced
10. Re: RUINER Announced Apr 21, 2016, 15:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks great, and looks like it leans a lot more towards Victor Vran than Diablo, in terms of active dodging/etc.

Excellent setting, nice isometric graphics, badass sound track, from developers whose games I enjoy, as well as a decent publisher? Don't fuck it up too badly and I'll buy it.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 20, 2016, 22:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dammit... it's a remake of a remake of a remake, and yet I am still intrigued. Antoine Fuqua, reunited with Denzel and Ethan Hawke, rest of the cast looks sick, thanks Kurosawa

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Launch Trailer
6. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Launch Trailer Apr 20, 2016, 20:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Still looks very interesting, but it seems like there is no mention anywhere of Skirmish mode, ie. single player or coop vs bot players... am I just missing something?

I only see Single player Campaign, and Multiplayer listed.

*EDIT* Phew, apparently this is a very nice Skirmish mode, according to Steam Forum beta players. Sold... and the Steam Queue grows again.

News Comments > Battlezone 98 Redux Released
16. Re: Battlezone 98 Redux Released Apr 19, 2016, 13:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Razumen wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 10:37:

There's more to a remaster than just visuals, they fixed a lot of bugs and added new features:
http://www.rebellion.co.uk/blog/2016/4/5/battlezone-98-redux-dev-blog-1
http://www.rebellion.co.uk/blog/2016/4/8/battlezone-98-redux-dev-blog-2

You can also see that they actually went back and made the models more complex as well, they didn't just slap new textures on them.

This isn't a complete remake, but it's a lot better than what you're saying.

Hrm, those screenshots and accompanying info paint a much better picture than the Steam store clip and pics alone. I may fall into their trap and buy yet another copy of a game I own the physical discs for.

Damn nostalgia and the convenience of the digital marketplace!

News Comments > Battlezone 98 Redux Released
3. Re: Battlezone 98 Redux Released Apr 19, 2016, 00:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 22:17:
Hrm...at the asking price of $20, the "graphical upgrade" looks VERY minimal. All the units are still super low-poly, and the textures are a minor improvement. It looks like maybe there's a little difference in the lighting engine.

I loved Battlezone. But this feels like they did a minor upgrade, added Steam Workshop support, and assume someone else will do the heavy visual makeover.

Unfortunately, you are completely correct. I'd say this was a half assed upgrade, but the models and textures look practically identical to the originals. Quarter assed? I'm still somewhat tempted to buy it, because BZ series was so great at the time, but I'll hold out for a well done BZ2 I think.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Extended
39. Re: DOOM Open Beta Extended Apr 18, 2016, 14:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 03:26:
...oh AND in case you think Im some Bethesda shill, suspect, it's InBlack here, lost access to my earlier email, so this is my new account.

I feel as though you missed an opportunity here to name your new account BackInBlack, or FadeInBlack, or something along those lines.

(New) Doom is on the $9.99 or under list for single player for me.

2914 Comments. 146 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo