Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3218 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Oct 1, 2016, 13:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

I played the shit out of Interstate '76, loved the campaign, then even ventured into multiplayer, on my dial-up. Wow, the level of hacking going on in multiplayer... insane. That was my first real taste of true hacked stats/hacked cars/weapons just utterly ruining an online experience.

I'd still be down for a decently done remake though. I think my favorite vehicle was the pickup truck-camper conversion with miniguns on the sides and minigun turret on the top.

I tried to go back and play it a few years ago, but the graphics are a bit of a struggle even for some heavy nostalgia to overcome.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Season Ends in Two Weeks
1. Re: Diablo III Season Ends in Two Weeks Oct 1, 2016, 13:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah... Diablo 3, wasted opportunity, Blizzard.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Fails of the Month... Oct 1, 2016, 13:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, some of those are past cringe worthy into: "hrm, is that person still alive?" territory. Try to put the camera down and help your friend/family member scoop their brains back into their skulls, people.

News Comments > Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit
6. Re: Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit Oct 1, 2016, 13:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

This whole situation is terrible. Not that these guys should have succeeded in any lawsuit, but when a company makes a shitty game, it's not a free license to threaten their lives or the lives of their families, etc. even if it is "just on the internet."

The immediate dog pile on 'public' figures has gotten way out of hand the past 5-10 years, it seems.

Let a company making shitty games fail because they make shitty games and no one buys them. End of story. Don't take it upon yourself to harass them off the planet.

News Comments > Non-Lethal Dishonored 2 Trailer
6. Re: Non-Lethal Dishonored 2 Trailer Sep 30, 2016, 16:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dishonored, Deus Ex, Alpha Protocol, for whatever reason, I did all these games no-kills, minus story required kills.

I'll most likely do the same for Dishonored 2 and Deus Ex(The new one) when I get around to getting them on the queue... it just feels right in these games to go non-lethal.

Probably because your character is such a damned beast, lethal path seems way too easy.

News Comments > Battleborn F2P Rumor Denied
7. Re: Battleborn F2P Rumor Denied Sep 30, 2016, 14:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Battleborn F2P Denied. Halflife 3 confirmed.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Sep 29, 2016, 22:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 20:09:
The Division "sale" price on Steam - $48CDN
On G2A? - $36

The trick there is that both prices are far too high for The Division, aka hackfest/grindfest/abandonware.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
29. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 22:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

panbient wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 19:33:

I can do without the multiplayer but it does sound pretty cool with a co-op buddy.

As for length I'm perfectly fine with a shorter story considering it took me 93 hours to get through vanilla (and I still feel like I missed stuff). Like many others I had a hard time at the start, but once I got a crew that clicked it was smooth sailing.

Also hoping they tweak the weapons a bit more to better specialize them. Not necessarily nerfing the AR but at least give the sniper rifle more than 2-3 extra tiles of range, etc.

Well, initially I thought the same for coop, but then read some of inXile's descriptions... basically if your coop partner completes certain parts of the story(while you are offline, even), you have effectively missed out on that portion of the game. If you aren't on the same page, you could end up screwing each other over, in theory.

Supposedly the DC version of Wasteland 2 re-balances most of the weapons... I still need to get around to playing it, but even in vanilla, everything was pretty good(although ARs dominated) except the heavy weapons. One can only hope they have the experience now to make every weapon at least viable, even if one group ends up being real dominant at first.

You might be right about the game length, I know I put in at least 80+ hours for the first playthrough... but I dunno, them aiming for a shorter game, and adding in this coop stuff, the question becomes how short, I guess. Still, the future looks bright for party based rpgs.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 4K Trailer
8. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 21:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Titanfall 2 looks pretty fun, if I wasn't going to be doing BF1 multiplayer I'd think about getting into this. TTK seems quite low though, I can't see the T2 playerbase sticking around much longer than the Titanfall 1 player base did.

23. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 17:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Reading more about this, my interest has cooled off a bit(hehehehe).

Multiplayer focus, and inXile admits it'll be a shorter game? 99% of party based RPG players don't want either of these two things... sounds like a misuse of resources.

Still, the rest of the changes sound great, I just hope they don't blow their whole ball of wax on the multiplayer world nonsense.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Pharma Bro... Sep 28, 2016, 15:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have to assume Shkreli will back out of getting punched in the face... somebody with some training will get in there and most likely put him in the hospital or the morgue.

17. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 15:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

I didn't Kickstart Wasteland 2, but I did buy during one of the Early Access periods, and played through the entire vanilla release. The entire, buggy, unoptimized, somewhat imbalanced vanilla release.

It was fun, and the game mechanics ranged from annoying to pretty good. I need to go through the Director's Cut at some point, just to see how much they succeeded in rebalancing the weapons.

I'll most likely back this, or at least buy it near release... should be interesting to see them get out of the damned desert finally and work with some updated tools.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Rumors
9. Re: Destiny 2 PC Rumors Sep 27, 2016, 22:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

I remember being pretty impressed by the pre-release Destiny videos, but all the console people I know who played are already thoroughly sick of the game. Too much grind, apparently.

Still, I'd pick up Destiny 1 PC version if they made it, for $9.99 or something.

I'll believe Destiny 2 will be out on PC when I actually see it, there were Destiny 1 PC rumors too, for awhile.

3. Re: he walked away from it, so it was perfect landing Sep 27, 2016, 22:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

"What a shitty landing, clearly he should have also taxied off the runway afterwards." -paraphrasing half the comments

Never change, humanity.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer
17. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 27, 2016, 21:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

DangerDog wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 19:26:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 17:49:
Looks gorgeous, but Battlefield is all about the multiplayer. This should be either icing on the cake or irrelevant to your decision to purchase, at this point.

So far the lowest I've seen the (base) game for is $52.99 on Greenmangaming, and that has the added hassle of being in the UK, which can flag some peoples' credit card fraud protection.

https://www.dealzon.com/deals/cheap-battlefield-1#battlefield-1-standard-pc-download

use code VIP3

I paid 45.39 and I always use paypal and have never had any issues with GMG

Hey, thanks a lot!

Hrm, I need to make a habit of actually logging in to greenmangaming before checking the price, apparently. Log in price: $46.79 or something, non-login price, $52.99.

Well, now I'm committed. Battlefield had better turn out to be really good.

*EDIT* With VIP3, it dropped to $45.39, thanks

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2016, 01:06.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 27, 2016, 21:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I've had my eye on Hyper Light Drifter for awhile, tempted to buy it on this sale, but the queue is utterly ridiculous at the moment.

I need to win the lottery and quit my job just to have time to play these games.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer
12. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 27, 2016, 17:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks gorgeous, but Battlefield is all about the multiplayer. This should be either icing on the cake or irrelevant to your decision to purchase, at this point.

So far the lowest I've seen the (base) game for is $52.99 on Greenmangaming, and that has the added hassle of being in the UK, which can flag some peoples' credit card fraud protection.

6. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2016, 07:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 00:21:
Jesus, what a gong show that debate was. I almost feel sorry for you America but you brought this on yourself. I guar-an-fucking-tee you nezt election - if WWIII hasn't happened - Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho *will* be President next!

Almost? I feel more embarrassed about this current crop of politicians than ever before in my life, and we already had Reagan in office with Alzheimer's, George Bush Sr. puking on the Japanese Prime Minister, and of course Clinton getting blown in the White House by interns. Politicians have been a laughing stock for decades.

Lower level ones are even worse, but these fools are supposed to be leading the country. Time to move to Antarctica.

4. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2016, 21:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

I think I'll add that guy's book the queue; meth abuse started way earlier than most people realize, it seems pretty interesting.

Of course, they still give soldiers amphetamines even today in many countries, so behaviorally speaking, it's still relevant.

News Comments > Sundered Announced
1. Re: Sundered Announced Sep 26, 2016, 21:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks fucking great!

Although, Jotun looks and sounds great also, but isn't that much fun for me when I actually play it...

Still, I'll keep an eye on this.

3218 Comments. 161 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo