Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3442 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 30, 2016, 22:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, I hope Mann's legal team fucking crucifies these assholes. No doubt this whole thing will get swept under the rug though, one way or another.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gearbox Deathwatch?
11. Re: Gearbox Deathwatch? Dec 30, 2016, 13:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

I loved the first Borderlands, got bored towards the end of Borderlands 2(didn't like their added grinding/limited boss killing crap), and I'm guessing they will somehow ruin Borderlands 3 with either MOBA aspects or even worse grinding mechanics.

It would not surprise me at all though if Borderlands 3 still sold millions of copies despite being complete shit.

News Comments > DOUBLE DRAGON IV Next Month
5. Re: DOUBLE DRAGON IV Next Month Dec 26, 2016, 16:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, sorry, can't go back to literally the exact same NES graphics after playing Double Dragon Neon!

On sale on Steam for like $2.49 by the way.

River City Ransom was one of my favorite NES games...I'll keep an eye on that revival version, in spite of the Facebook link.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 25, 2016, 16:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 15:21:
Warhammer End Times Vermintide is still at -66%. I'm really digging the game, probably the best buy I've made on Steam so far. Im enjoying this more than L4D, even though it lacks a Versus mode. Best part, you don't need to buy any of the DLC maps to play on them the DLC is only required if you want to host the games on those maps.

I'm sorely tempted, but I hear the grind is insane in that game, with randomized drops, etc. How badly do you feel that affects the game, if at all?

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up
5. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 25, 2016, 16:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

...I'm still looking forward to playing the single player game when it's finally released in 2022.

Total money spent on Star Citizen thus far: $0.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 9 Details
2. Re: Diablo III Season 9 Details Dec 24, 2016, 15:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Abandon Ship!

Head to Grim Dawn or Path of Exile, ARPG players. Either game is better at this point.

I'm also keeping an eye on Wolcen, hopefully that turns out awesome.

Salient point is, Blizzard has abandoned Diablo 3, and/or put their 5th or 6th stringers on it.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2016, 14:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

I think it's not just hammering from the Steam sales, but they are also getting DDoSed.

Too many people using default passwords/never updating firmware on random Internet of Things crap that shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.

News Comments > GRID for Free
2. Re: GRID for Free Dec 22, 2016, 21:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Very nice, Humble. I picked this up earlier today, whilst pondering the Steam sales.

For those of you concerned about giving your Steam info, you usually have to anyway for any Humble purchase that has Steam as a requirement.

News Comments > Beamdog Beta Invites
1. Re: Beamdog Beta Invites Dec 22, 2016, 16:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

This reminds me, I need to make a full run through the BG1 BG2 Enhanced versions... they should be patched up pretty nicely by now.

Hopefully all the good mods are ported over too.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin
12. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 15:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm probably going to buy:

Abzu
Creeper World 3
Double Dragon:Neon
Enter the Gungeon
Livelock
Deserts of Kharak(Discount for owning Homeworld Remastered)
We Are the Dwarves

Debating getting Deus Ex for $19.79 or whatever it is now.

Also debating picking up Descent:Undergound and Overload to support the indies, but both of those projects seem pretty far from completion.

I can no longer use the key resellers, chance is way too high they are bought with stolen credit cards.

News Comments > Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com
26. Re: Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com Dec 22, 2016, 14:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

WingmanDU wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 13:07:
We intend to do exactly this within the Descent Universe, we are rebooting the franchise, but with a small amount of funding we had to do this in phases, this is phase 1, by phase 3 we will all be in space fighting over Alien technology, but we need to be successful in phase 1 etc to have the funding.

We do not have millions of dollars and raman noodles are getting old, real fast.

WM

Dammit, an impassioned Indie Dev posting in a thread about his own game on Bluesnews... now I have to buy this and the other Descent remake.

Good luck, WingmanDU, it's looking really good so far.

Steam store seems to be hammered still, but I'm not really into the Gog Galaxy client(required for multiplayer?) hrm... should I finally break down and install Galaxy? *ponders.*

News Comments > Mafia III Free Content Update
6. Re: Mafia III Free Content Update Dec 22, 2016, 13:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mac wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 04:25:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 20:34:
I'm hoping this game goes on a rather severe sale tomorrow, it looks like a lot of fun at $9.99 or so.

It's available in a lot of places (G2A, CDKeys, etc) for less...

I am sure it is, but there is stil the potential that a lot of those keys are stolen/bought with stolen credit cards. I can't justify using those sites anymore.

Wow, steam is HAMMERED right now, lol. Can't even search for anything effectively, and my account isn't registering correctly with what I already own. GG Steam sale.

News Comments > Mafia III Free Content Update
2. Re: Mafia III Free Content Update Dec 21, 2016, 20:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm hoping this game goes on a rather severe sale tomorrow, it looks like a lot of fun at $9.99 or so.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2016, 17:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Mankind has fallen."

I wonder what it says about the human psyche that so much of our imagination, from entertainment to religion, gets focused on apocalyptic scenarios where our entire species is either on the verge of death or destined to die soon or already dead.

Aside from that, yet another VR title. Shotgun method engaged.

News Comments > Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com
6. Re: Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com Dec 21, 2016, 13:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

*Nostalgia glasses off*

I think the original Descent was overrated. The degree of motion was cool, but the actual gameplay got boring quick for me.

Curse all these developers for trying to sucker people in with nostalgia!

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC Plans
7. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Plans Dec 21, 2016, 08:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

SacredGinmill wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 15:44:
I thought there was an AA truck. Did that shoot you down?

One of the variants of the Artillery truck is an armored Anti-Aircraft version.. it's very strong vs planes and even the Blimp Behemoth. Whenever there is a free vehicle slot and the other team gets the Blimp, on Blimp enabled maps, I get one and start wrecking their airpower.

You can ALMOST one man the Behemoth with it, if you target their gunners first.

It certainly feels like there is a wide disparity in skill in this game... I swear a lot of people are playing this as their first FPS on a PC or something. I don't even play BF1 that much, and I'm getting extremely high K/D ratios even as infantry. I only ever get killed in a tank when I aggressively cap points. I really wish there was a more detailed battle report system like BF4 had, for BF1.

*EDIT* Grammar.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2016, 08:52.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2016, 08:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Men of War: Assault Squad 2 is excellent...$7.49 is a bargain for that game. It's the best of the series by far.

If you're an RTS fan at all, and somehow don't have it, I recommend picking it up.

Caution: Micro and Macro required.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer
2. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer Dec 20, 2016, 07:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looking good, and the last couple of gameplay Alpha videos haven't been too shabby either. Hopefully this game turns out well, Dawn of War 1 is one of my favorite RTS games, all time.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 19, 2016, 08:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Space Hulk:Deathwing... officially moved to the deep Steam sale list, for me. It still looks good, but I've got far more than enough to play, if it's still a buggy mess. Spring or Summer sale it is.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 18, 2016, 18:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 17:34:
So, how bout that Tomb Raider?

Rise of the Tomb Raider is actually pretty good, not full price good, but 20-30$ good easily.

Although I would like to say, I liked Laura Croft's face a LOT more in the first 'new' Tomb Raider game(2013?) It feels like they either had a different art team sometimes, or at least a different direction. Yes, she is somewhat younger, but her face bones wouldn't be that different.

3442 Comments. 173 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo