Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4311 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Content Updates End Soon
6. Re: Battlefield 1 Content Updates End Soon Apr 24, 2018, 13:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I've been meaning to uninstall BF1 anyway, I haven't played in like 3 weeks, and it takes up like 90gigs or something ridiculous like that.

I may be tired with the Battlefield format in general.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC Detailed
2. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC Detailed Apr 24, 2018, 12:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 12:00:
All three this year? OK. Cut content confirmed.

Well, most studios seem to be putting people onto the DLC teams as the main game is being finished up, these days. Was some content cut from the main game due to time/budget constraints? Probably.

At the same time, it's Obsidian, so some/all of the DLCs might get delayed until 2019, will that make you feel better about this?

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini Warlords 2.0
1. Re: Starpoint Gemini Warlords 2.0 Apr 24, 2018, 02:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice, but when is this coming to the GoG version?

News Comments > GOG.com Profiles
3. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 23, 2018, 14:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Love Gog, and I'll be turning any and all data sharing off immediately.  

News Comments > DOOM Movie Reboot
21. Re: DOOM Movie Reboot Apr 21, 2018, 16:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, good luck to them, but somehow I suspect this movie will turn out to be borderline terrible.

Now that you mention it though, it may be time to replay the most recent Doom game. I just finished Prey, and did that pretty stealthily almost the entire way through... really feeling the urge to just chaingun/rocket launcher everything in sight in a game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Mutts Apr 20, 2018, 12:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

There are no purebred dogs, there are only inbred dogs and non-inbred dogs.

Why people want dogs with orders of magnitude higher genetic recessive disorders and/or debilitating physical defects(Pugs, Chihuahuas, English bulldogs, Korgis, etc.) I'll never know.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr Delay
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr Delay Apr 19, 2018, 22:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

This will turn out to be mediocre, I fear. Neocore's Van Helsing series is... pretty good, but also pretty grindy, and it feels like it's missing something compared to some of the other extremely strong ARPGs that are out now, namely Grim Dawn and Path of Exile.

Good luck though, hopefully the game turns out awesome.

*EDIT* Hrm, looks like it'll be an uphill battle. Neocore Crunch

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2018, 12:47.

News Comments > Get Satellite Reign for Free
1. Re: Get Satellite Reign for Free Apr 19, 2018, 22:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

I know some people weren't too keen on this game, but Satellite Reign is actually pretty fun. Grindy, but fun, and definitely on the lower budget side. It does capture the slightly hectic real time, small team vs large numbers of enemies feel of the original Syndicate though, and I did a full playthrough with no major bugs at least a year ago now.

Definitely worth it for free.

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans?
36. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 15:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 10:45:
I feel like Fortnite is the first big PC game this place has completely missed the trend on. A few people here occasionally say they enjoy it, but there's no real mention of it. But it's the biggest thing in gaming right now, with kids being utter lunatics for it.

I can't think of a single major video game trend this place has basically ignored. Even Pokemon Go had more enthusiasm around here.

We're old, guys.

In my day, you either built in games or you ran around and shot each other, not both! Get off my lawn!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 16, 2018, 18:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 15:43:
Fuck PUBG. Seriously fuck that game. That game fucking hates me. It's like a love hate relationship with that game, but more hate. Like 99% hate, 1% love. Fuck. This. Game. Fuck it. I haven't had a game make me rage like this in ages.

I don't mind getting owned, I really don't. I don't mind making mistakes, Im old enough to understand you learn from them if you can. But I do fucking mind the goddamn rng game after game after game, I mind the fucking desync and the attrocious netcode, the terrible tick rate and how it never, ever seems to work in MY favour.

Fuck that game. Fuck it. Im done. Uninstalling.

Haha! I'm sorry for laughing at your post of pain, but congratulations for finally uninstalling if a game bugs you that much. Don't stick with a game you hate just because it's popular or something, life is too short for that.

News Comments > A Way Out Sells 1M
4. Re: A Way Out Sells 1M Apr 14, 2018, 16:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Lol, this thread got negative in a hurry.

I bought Brothers on sale way back, or got it in some bundle or something, I need to play through that at some point.

News Comments > New BioShock Rumored
10. Re: New BioShock Rumored Apr 14, 2018, 01:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 23:50:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 21:02:
The Mafia 3 postmortem is far more interesting than the simple and unsurprising news that there will be another BioShock.
I heard Mafia 3 was good. What did people not like about it?

Mafia 3 was okay. The city is gorgeous, the driving is arcade-ish(I found it fun, but some people wanted more sim style driving), the gunplay isn't bad. The weapon selection is a little weak, and inventory of weapons is extremely limited, even for a console game. Why have a dozen guns if you are going to limit it to two?(if memory serves).

The real problem was that the game got repetitive and a bit grindy, so even if you liked the gameplay style at first, you would get burned out by the end. I played through and finished it 100%, but the missions are a lot of stale rehashes after the first area or two.

I found the writing to be fairly interesting, at least in terms of setting and atmosphere. Most of the characters were more caricature than not, overly melodramatic and/or overly stereotypical. Voice acting was reasonably good to very good, even the background dialogue.

All in all, it felt like they had some extremely grand plans for Mafia 3 at first, and had to dial it back a bit and basically copy missions to fill out the game later. I'll read the postmortem but I'm guessing they spent a ton of resources on the city itself(which is great) and ended up cutting corners elsewhere. They had car customization, various music stations with real music and actor dialogue, tons of little and not so little content items that really were pretty well done, but when you compare it to a behemoth like the GTA series you see some holes that they probably simply couldn't afford to fill.

tl/dr Mafia was definitely worth it on sale, I think people forget how lame running out of gas was in Mafia 1. Side note: Stealth in Mafia 3 is crazily overpowered.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 12, 2018, 22:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

This 'contest' is a little unclear, are these items NOT obtainable in normal play in the actual game?

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
1. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Apr 12, 2018, 22:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Anybody on Blues like this game at all? I'm tempted to try it, but it's like 80 gigs to download, so I'd need to clear out some stuff first.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 10, 2018, 23:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Damn, only $7599? I'll get 4 for a RAID setup, obviously.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 9, 2018, 21:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Anybody playing Vermintide 2? If so, any good? How tolerable/intolerable is the grind? How lame is the community? etc. etc.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Free with Pillars of Eternity II Preorders
4. Re: Wasteland 2 Free with Pillars of Eternity II Preorders Apr 9, 2018, 21:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not the best choice for a give away, anybody who is interested in PoEt 2 probably already has Wasteland 2 by now.

Aside from that, you guys are naysaying pretty hard, Pillars 2 launch will be playable, just like the first game was. Buggy, probably, but finishable for sure. Then I'll replay after 4-5 months worth of patches, then probably again when DLCs start coming out.

Basically just like Pillars 1 for me.

PoEt 2 will most likely be less buggy than the first game; they've got all the engine issues resolved, they are familiar with all the tools... I'm expecting a few text errors, maybe a broken side quest, but finishable day 1, version 1.0. Balance wise, I'm sure some stuff will be overpowered, but it's a single player game, it won't really be an issue for most people's first playthrough if they do overhauls like 8 months later.

eRe4s3r, where are you reading a concrete number for the DLCs? I thought even Obsidian hadn't decided yet, aside from the one DLC from the Fig funding thing.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Apr 3, 2018, 22:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

I swear this video is years old, and/or plenty of people are filming other people getting harassed/attacked by geese.

Videosift seems to be rehashing old videos as of late.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Apr 3, 2018, 07:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 02:44:
Lastly, check out the cucumber vid on Video Sift. The funny thing is he gets her to take a bite by telling her it's a dick.

That video... what the fuck. Never have I had so many questions that I don't even want the answers to.

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
19. Re: R.I.P. Steam Machines? Apr 2, 2018, 16:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 10:40:
Solus OS. It makes gaming on Linux as easy as it can possibly be. One click driver installs for AMD and Nvidia hardware, Steam has been optimized to run flawlessly on it, and there's even an integration service that gets installed along with Steam that eliminates the headaches that other distros have with Steam. Plus, Solus is fast. Damn fast. On an SSD, my systems have a sub-3 second boot time before I am at the user login. Budgie as a desktop blows pretty much other DE out of the water it terms of ease of use and user familiarity. Software Center is stupidly easy to use and is laid out in a way that is easy for users of any knowledge level to understand. Plus, it already has all the codecs you could ever want to play any kind of media you throw at it.

Interesting, I'll try Solus OS on one of my machines at some point. I've been using Mint, and it's not too bad with Steam, and performs flawlessly for everything else non-game wise, but actual performance in some games seems to be terrible... driver support in Linux for video cards is still way behind, and/or some developers have gotten their games barely working in Linux and called it a day, at least for Mint compatibility.

Is SteamOS dead with this announcement, or what?

4311 Comments. 216 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo