Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2589 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Free on Origin
18. Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Free on Origin Sep 16, 2015, 16:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 14:37:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 14:29:
I hope they fix their servers/key issues quickly; C&C Red Alert 2 is arguably the best game in the whole series, if my admittedly worsening memory serves. I will definitely get this on Origin just to avoid having to pull out the CDs for yet another old game.

Oh come on, RA3 is fan-fucking-tastic! Campaign co-op, Tim Curry and JK Simmons as absurd world leaders, and surprisingly versatile units. When it's $5 (any major steam sale), grab it! The online servers were unfortunately killed off but there's plenty of ways to tunnel if you want to play co-op with a friend.

Hey, there's no harm in being the second best game in a series as storied as the C&C/Red Alert franchise. I personally didn't like Red Alert 3 as much, but you gotta admire the attack bears. Still, something felt way off in the unit balance to me. I did play it and the first expansion though. Red Alert 2 just felt overall like a better game to me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Free on Origin
13. Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Free on Origin Sep 16, 2015, 14:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

I hope they fix their servers/key issues quickly; C&C Red Alert 2 is arguably the best game in the whole series, if my admittedly worsening memory serves. I will definitely get this on Origin just to avoid having to pull out the CDs for yet another old game.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Sep 15, 2015, 21:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

breathtaking HD ASCII, ho ho ho.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Sep 14, 2015, 21:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mmm... Killing( Floor 2) urge rising...

Get those last 4 classes, or at least Sharpshooter, out the door, Tripwire!

Now, if they could only make it so multiplayer wasn't utterly ruined by random asshats...

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 14, 2015, 21:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

panbient wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 20:04:
A priest accused of murdering of an altar boy in 1910?

So you say "no, I didn't" then roll credits?

Pretty sure they'd get way more traction with the 'you performed an exorcism on an altar boy that has disappeared and only you can figure out what really happened' angle that they use further in their description.

The gameplay teaser is pretty, but boring. Oh look, a highly detailed hallway. And it changes from colour to black and white once you get to the end with more details popping up! Good thing it's been years since I played FEAR I guess. Though I'll admit it's kind of cool / freaky that they use my real name on the tombstones that pop up all over the place. Then again David isn't exactly uncommon (heck I'm sure I'm not the only one that posts here).

It looks like any number of hidden object / adventure games only with actual 3d navigation. Also a bit concerning that they claim to have made a bunch of other mobile games but I can't seem to find anything about them besides this one project. I'll be surprised if they even hit half of their target.

Haha, harsh but fair.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 14, 2015, 21:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

What!? Dead Space... the mobile game? Wow how the mighty have fallen. Dead Space 1 was great, and Dead Space 2 is literally one of my favorite games, all time.

Then of course Dead Space 3 was pretty terrible. Oh well, I had been holding out hope for a Resurgence with Dead Space 4.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 14, 2015, 14:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 13:26:
91 Percent of Americans Would Be OK with a Backdoor in Their Software don't understand basic encryption technology.

Fixed that.

That, or didn't understand the question, or were all 60 years old or older, etc.

All surveys are bullshit.

From the article: "the risk is justified," no doubt the question was something along the lines of, "in order to catch terrorists, would you allow The Authorities to gather some data from the internet?"

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 14, 2015, 07:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 23:16:
It's funny how high ISP prices are until either muni broadband or Google fiber comes to town.

If by funny, you mean obvious price fixing by monopolies or duopolies as they callously overcharge for basic service, then yes it's quite funny.

Congratulations(hopefully) San Diego! I continue to hope that the municipal or Google fiber train comes to my town in a reasonable amount of time, but it's looking grim.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 13, 2015, 14:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

I need to keep a closer eye on that Game Giveaway site... they have some interesting stuff every now and then. It's been on bluesnews before but I somehow completely forget to check it for weeks.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 12, 2015, 17:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 19:09:

Deadcore - My son likes shooters, my wife doesn't want him playing Battlefield. This game is a shooter platformer, where you jump and shoot energy cores to help you proceed across the level? Can't really tell what's going on, but it has gorgeous graphics, and looks cool.

You should just convince your wife to let your son play Battlefield... Deadcore will just give him a deep seated hatred for Euclidean geometry and neon colors. And possibly also Tron.

News Comments > GOG.com Indie Piņatas
9. Re: GOG.com Indie Piņatas Sep 12, 2015, 16:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Unsurprisingly, the House always wins in gambling. Don't get sucked in, people.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Sep 12, 2015, 12:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Simon Says wrote on Sep 12, 2015, 11:12:
"Rupert Murdoch buys National Geographic"

This is a dark day for science. Going from non-profit unbiased and objective to for profit, biased and subjective. Bbye scientific method, hello bigotry.

Brace yourselves for some Fox news like crap to come out soon in a National Geographic near you.

Exactly, that is terrible news for anybody who grew up reading National Geographic magazines. I guess that's the sad state of print media these days, yet another magazine forced to sell out to a biased media conglomerate.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2015, 08:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

descender wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 16:13:
It's really "loser pays" not specifically (but usually it is) the plaintiff... this exists to protect people/corporations from frivolous lawsuits.

That's the theoretical intent, in practice it's tilted heavily in favor of the wealthier party(usually the defendant). How often is a mega corporation going to be suing some private citizen and actually have a chance of losing, with 10-100 times the legal firepower?

Also clearly if the plaintiff wins, the defendant would pay, as in any court setup around the world. It's only in the US and a few(?) other nations that the plaintiff has the double jeopardy of not only losing the case and being out THEIR fees, but also the fees(substantially higher) of the defendant.

That system does not deter a corporate entity at all, on either side of a case; they have money to burn. A private citizen? You're screwed.

Anyway this isn't a new thing, it's been around for awhile now in the US. I just get sick whenever I see these sort of rulings made public, it is so clearly stacked the wrong way vs the people it's embarrassing.

The Frivolous Lawsuit concept in this country is really out of touch with reality, I recommend people watch "Hot Coffee" to get a better picture of how ludicrous the situation really is. That's not to say there are NO frivolous lawsuits, it's just not nearly as bad as corporate controlled media would have you believe.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 11, 2015, 14:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Regardless of the merits of the case, having the plaintiff pay the legal fees seems like it REALLY leans in favor of extremely wealthy corporations vs private citizens. Not surprising I guess, except for that sticker shock(for me) of $276k.

Good ole' Corporate USA.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend
19. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend Sep 11, 2015, 13:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Whoa, they've jumped up to $60 bucks(US) for XCOM 2? Sacrilege! Wasn't the first one like $40 or something for retail?

I've only been keeping halfway abreast of XCOM 2, so maybe it's supposed to be worth the $20 price hike, but it looks like I won't be pre-ordering.

For the record I loved classic X-Com, even TFTD, and all the remakes/clones since, as well as XCOM:EU/EW, so I'll get XCOM 2 after a price drop.

News Comments > Dungeons 2 A Song of Sand and Fire Released
2. Re: Dungeons 2 A Song of Sand and Fire Released Sep 10, 2015, 15:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have Dungeons 2 on Steam, it's pretty decent. Definitely closer to Dungeon Keeper than Dungeons 1 was, which is a major improvement to me.

Still, for Dungeon Keeper clones/homages, there is also War for Overworld, which is arguably better than Dungeons 2 in a lot of ways.

News Comments > The Witcher III Cost $81M
1. Re: The Witcher III Cost $81M Sep 9, 2015, 20:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Only $62.5 million so far(in profit)? Wow that's depressing. I thought that game sold way more.

Of course I'm one of the ones waiting for a couple of patches and a price drop, so they can count on my belated 20-30$ or so eventually.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 9, 2015, 16:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 14:17:

2pc - While equipped with a melee weapon, all damage is increased by 1000%.

4pc - Shadow Power gains all runes and lasts forever.

6pc - Impale deals 30000% weapon damage to the first enemy it hits.

Melee Demon Hunters would be nice, but what the hell, is that a typo?!
30,000% damage? Lol. Blizzard is just getting more ridiculous with their set bonuses with each patch, ugh.

Set bonuses are a fine idea, they just need to do a game wide tone down of the damage numbers, bringing sets more in line with straight legendary builds. It'll be much better for the game in the long haul.

I was going to cube every single legendary, but I got to about 130 or so before I got totally burned out doing bounties. It's time for a D3 break for me at least.

News Comments > Nightside Demo and Free DLC
4. Re: Nightside Demo and Free DLC Sep 9, 2015, 10:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Once again, Steam reviews for this game are less than stellar. I'm tempted to try the demo but most of the complaints seem to be around a lack of depth for the game overall, with not much difference in units. Two major strikes against any RTS.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: nside what split the NFL and New England Patriots apart. Sep 9, 2015, 10:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

That's a well written article on Spygate, makes me lose even more respect for those cheating bastards; also makes their 2 Superbowl losses to the Eli Manning NY Giants that much more hilarious.

Roger Goodell destroying evidence for the Patriots, slapping rapists, wife beaters and murderers on the wrists, trying to sweep major crimes under the rug, it reminds me why I'm forced to boycott the NFL though. Not that my single man protest will do much against their multi-billion dollar empire, but it's the principle.

2589 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo