Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2995 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > SEGA Acquires Amplitude
10. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 19:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Magnitude!

Oh wait, Amplitude. I own all their existing games but didn't enjoy them as much as I told myself I would, don't have many hours into any of them really.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2016, 12:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 12:36:
The 1902 invention of air conditioning has long been hailed as one of the most important inventions of the 20th century, one that has forever changed the way we live.

Yeah, I dunno about that. AC is nice but hardly necessary - for me at any rate. I'd argue that the really important inventions are the refrigerator and toilet paper. I could live without most modern trappings but not having a fridge and TP would really suck.

Depends on the climate... a lot of the world would be/and is an absolute humid hell without air conditioning. Definitely one of the most important inventions, not the most important invention of the 20th century.

Hooray, not so minor improvements in the quality of life!

News Comments > Nox for Free
17. Re: Nox for Free Jul 4, 2016, 08:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Regarding getting Nox to work in Windows 8.1 (and probably Windows 10 also):

In Origin, right click Nox, select Game Properties, add -w to command line, check box for Disable Origin Overlay in game.

viola, the Origin version should work. If you're still having issues, try creating a shortcut for game.exe (in the Nox game directory) and turning compatibility mode to Windows 98/Me.

Good luck, although it does not seem as though Nox saved games get sent to the Origin cloud.

*EDIT* Alt Tabbing will still cause errors when you go back to Nox, it seems.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2016, 17:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hopefully it's just one, and you don't have some massive swarm setting up shop in there.

Also, Rat Mom vs Snake video... look at that mammal go! Too fast and too mean for the reptiles by far.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 3, 2016, 17:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

So many cheaters still buying more copies of CS:GO. I wonder how much money that game has made Valve? It's a shame it's turned into some sort of weapon skin gambling cheat fest though, I put hundreds of hours into pre 1.6 CS, and even CS:S.

News Comments > Nox for Free
4. Re: Nox for Free Jul 2, 2016, 12:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Acleacius wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 11:53:
Tried this?

Hrm, I may try some of that on my laptop. The 2 video cards on the laptop seem to have blown Nox's mind, it locks up and you are unable to move the mouse cursor; Win 8.1, GTX 650M and integrated Intel chipset, but the nvidia drivers SHOULD be forcing it to use the 650M...

Works fine on the single Radeon7970 Win 7 desktop though. Pretty fun game so far.

News Comments > New Diablo Plans Revealed?
9. Re: New Diablo Plans Revealed? Jul 2, 2016, 03:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Haha, good luck finding somebody to take on that albatross of a job. Diablo 4 or even a 2nd Diablo 3 expansion will get mostly flak and flames from players no matter what they end up making, and I'm sure there will be plenty of internal pressure from Blizzard to WoW-ify it no matter who they hire.

All that said, I'm sure I'll give in and buy a copy when it comes out in 8 years or so.

10. Re: Is Lyme Disease Curable? Jul 1, 2016, 17:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Good luck with the treatment, Blue. Depending on how long you've had Lyme's disease, it could be a fairly heavy series of antibiotics. Make sure to replace your gut bacteria after it's over. Probiotics, vegetables, etc.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
12. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 29, 2016, 18:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 17:53:
How would that thing even be remotely comfortable to hold?

Also, 70,000 bucks from 433 people? Holy shit people have a lot of money to burn...

Looks interesting, but definitely more than I would spend on a mouse.

I thought so too at first, about the amount of cash per donors, but then I divided it out, and it makes a lot more sense, average donation is around $162 currently. Makes perfect sense looking at how many of each package were bought, also that the minimum donation to get a reward is $159.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2016, 11:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, good that he won, but what the hell, only $600,000 ? That will probably mostly go to his attorneys in this day and age.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2016, 18:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 23:31:
George has always edited a lot more work from others than he's written himself. He's a good writer, but it's always been laborious for him. It doesn't flow for him as it does for someone like King. I've always got the sense that he infinitely prefers editing other people's work to writing his own.

This is a fair assessment. Hopefully GRRM gets HBO to pick up the Wildcards series for their next mega project, once Game of Thrones is over. HBO could probably actually do a great job with that... maybe.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Oops Jun 27, 2016, 18:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Picked up Crypt of the Necrodancer and LA Noire so far, ultra cheap. CotN indicates I have no rhythm whatsoever, but the game is pretty interesting...old school dungeon crawler, but with music based movement and attacks.

Aside from that, looks like this Steam sale will pretty much go by without me spending a ton on it. Spent more on the Gog summer sale by far.

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway
42. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 23, 2016, 20:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Acleacius wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 20:14:

I saw the article too, but wasn't it sort of speculation? It just seemed like something the RIAA drm, PR people try to push to justify all their lawsuits.

Well, based on previous issues with G2A and stolen credit card-purchased game keys, and this more recent set of events I think I'm done with G2A, but each to his own.

At this point I am leaning towards paying a bit more on Steam or Gog or even some of the more reputable key resellers on isthereanydeal.com or something, and trying to avoid G2A and some of the sketchier ones, for the sake of game developers.

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway
40. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 23, 2016, 19:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 16:09:

Virtually all of mine are only 10% off. I don't see a single game I want at a sale price I deem fair atm. And G2A is still crushing most of those prices.

Don't buy off of G2A if you can stand it. There was an article on here a few days ago, many stolen credit card rings are buying game keys and reselling them on G2A, and G2A doesn't seem to be doing much at all about it.

More on topic: I may have reached peak Steam ownership for awhile, no good sales on my wishlist at all at the moment.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Second Assault for Free
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Second Assault for Free Jun 22, 2016, 20:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm kind of glad EA is slowly releasing all of the DLC for free, BF4 servers are packed these days, pretty easy to find a full server any time of day for almost any game type. For awhile there it was Metro only.

BF4, still the most fun multiplayer FPS currently out, to me of course. Overwatch addicts will disagree.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 22, 2016, 20:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Eeesh... that sucks for them, and yet another reason to never use G2A or any other key reseller site again. Looks like ultra cheap games are too good to be true.

Makes sense though, what a slick way to launder stolen credit cards.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Outlaw Sectors DLC
3. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Outlaw Sectors DLC Jun 22, 2016, 20:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Frijoles wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 20:34:
One of my favorite games, but I want to see a new one. Not DLC.

Same, but I think we're out of luck for a SoaSE2. They went whole hog on that MOBA that completely tanked, and I think Ironclad(who made the majority of SoaSE with assistance from Stardock) is probably bankrupt. This DLC is probably just to keep them afloat.

All of that said, I love me some SoaSE:R, and I'll probably buy this.

Had to look it up: their MOBA is Sins of a Dark Age.

Then again, maybe I'm being way too pessimistic, and Stardock will license their Ashes of the Singularity engine(or some version of) to Ironclad to make SoaSE2 and all will be right in the universe.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Jun 22, 2016, 19:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 13:54:
Clash of Clans Dev Acquired by League of Legends Owner for $8.6 Billion…

Jesus H. Christ on a stick. I don't know which one is more mindboggling: that Clash of Clans is worth 8 billion, or that LoL just happened to have $8B laying around. And I thought the Minecraft deal was ridiculous...

I'm not that surprised Clash of Clans is considered to be worth that much, they picked a great Pay to Win treadmill format (for them) and they attacked customers with zero prior MMO defense for that sort of thing. I know plenty of people whose kids or they themselves have spent hundreds to thousands of dollars on that skinner box game. None of those people had ever heard of a MMO or ever really dealt with micro-transactions on that scale, and got sucked in pretty easily.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 22, 2016, 19:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

saluk wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 18:08:
To be fair, 3.5mm jack is pretty terrible, wears out easily (on both device and headphones) and eventually I don't think losing it would be a bad thing.

3.5mm jack isn't great, but it's DRM free and very cheap, compared to whatever proprietary jack/connection Apple wants to force people to pay for in the future.

That said, I don't buy Apple products anyway, I just hope their madness doesn't spread to other manufacturers.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Space Marines Released
2. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Space Marines Released Jun 22, 2016, 18:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

I loved this game at first, but it kinda turns into a slog, in my opinion. I suppose it's good that the AI plays well, but I simply don't find it enjoyable anymore. Even with perfect bomb placements and good turning, my ships still take a shitload of damage, and I've yet to find a mission where I can actually bring ALL of my ships; usually you are only allowed like 300 Point fleets or some other extremely small number.

Debating whether to plow through and finish the campaign or just uninstall, soo much other stuff in the queue.

2995 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo