Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2638 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released
26. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released Oct 13, 2015, 16:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 16:14:
but what the hell, did you guys only play the original version on release day then never again? It got patched up quite nicely, and has been playable for at least 7-10 months.

Many of the significant number of quest bugs took several patches to actually fix and it wasn't done in a 2 week time period or something.

Well, true, it took them a couple of slow patches. But what did you expect, this is basically Black Isle/InXile people...there was no way it was going to be bug free the first month.

Anyway, moot point now; Director's Cut version is out. I'll try to stay almost entirely away from Assault Rifles this time, see how the balance is now. So far just piddling around, game seems stable and clean, haven't had a chance to really check out the quest chains obviously.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released
21. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released Oct 13, 2015, 14:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm still downloading the Director's Cut, so I haven't had a chance to look at the camera, but what the hell, did you guys only play the original version on release day then never again? It got patched up quite nicely, and has been playable for at least 7-10 months.

Assault Rifles were strong in the original, no doubt. But the rest of the guns were all close to being as good, with the exception of the Heavy Weapon gatling guns. Hopefully the DC version addresses this sufficiently.

I have a couple days off, so I'll burn through a decent portion of the Director's Cut this week and take a decent look at it.

*EDIT* Hrm, camera is a bit more locked currently than the original Wasteland 2, but hardly unplayable. I'd like the loose auto-following of the party turned off but you can just use WASD to move it around while your party is moving anyway.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2015, 15:45.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2015, 11:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

ledhead1969 wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 11:21:
"What Exxon knew about the Earth's melting Arctic"

Meanwhile, back in reality: http://bit.ly/1QdhLsn

Trend lines are hard.

Hrm, source material for that chart with no author listed?

*EDIT* ah getting around bit.ly it's there. Also take a closer look:

here

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2015, 11:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 10:53:
If they wre going to make a new show related to Martin they should do the Aces & Jokers series. That'd probably do amazingly well.

The Wild Cards series? I love that series more than it seems it should be possible, and I'm afraid they would just ruin it or turn it into a shitty version of Heroes or something. Especially since the best books take place in the 40s to 80s, it'd be an alternate universe period piece that would require (probably) a staggering budget before they even got to good CGI for the powers and mutations.

Also, since George RR Martin was just the editor for a lot of the original short stories, there may be some weird licensing issues.

I'd still be required to watch it of course.

Still, they did pretty good with GoT, at least HBO did. I haven't had Cinemax in years, so who knows how their in house studios are.

End result of this, George RR Martin will never finish the Song of Ice and Fire series in his lifetime.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Oct 9, 2015, 23:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 23:22:

So still working on 20 year old mods in that case?

I'd criticize Valve, but they are making such stupid amounts of money for the aforementioned cleaned up versions of mods, and Steam itself, that they can basically do nothing but snort coke off of the asses of high price courtesans all day long at this point.

It'd probably be hard for most people to get motivated in their situation.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 9, 2015, 23:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Techie714 © wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 21:23:
Does the expansion Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ - Rising Tide require the original base game?
Yes, according to that store page. In other words, seems like a bit of a ripoff still, for the "whole" game.

3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 9, 2015, 21:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 20:34:
Honest question, but what games exactly is Valve currently even "making" ?

The continued exploitation of CS:GO, DotA 2, TF2.

Nothing new most likely though, definitely no HL3.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2015, 18:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Shiiiiiiit." -Clay Davis.

20th year already? I lurked on here for quite a long time, from the early days of Quake 1... basically we're all old as dirt now and should probably take up more mature hobbies, such as thimble collecting or something.

Congratulations though!

World's Fastest Butcher - That does not appear to be safe in any way, shape or form.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 8, 2015, 23:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

I highly recommend Darkest Dungeon. Great visuals and audio, interesting and well done game design, and it looks like they will actually get out of Early Access in a reasonably timely fashion.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 8, 2015, 12:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Damn, I feel like I should take advantage of this price lull somehow, but it'd be pretty pointless to add anything to this 5+ year old machine.

Perhaps it's time for a new build...

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Oct 8, 2015, 12:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

*Sigh* Where were all these good looking to beautiful women 20+ years ago when I actually went to Comics/Games Conventions? It was just fat male nerds wall to wall back then!

*EDIT* Myself included, of course.

News Comments > Voice Actors Authorize Strike
13. Re: Voice Actors Authorize Strike Oct 8, 2015, 12:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

People should read their actual situation and goals, they seem quite reasonable in their requests. Some of the shit they are currently subject to, on the other hand, seems pretty ridiculous.

"Many actors feel unsafe without a stunt coordinator because they are often asked to do things that could potentially be dangerous to themselves or others. For example, once, without a stunt coordinator on set, a video game developer tried to do a wire pull - which means he basically made himself jerk really hard and fast across a room - without someone on set to monitor his safety. He, of course, got hurt and couldn’t go back to work for a long while. This is just one instance among many."

Nobody played Baldur's Gate 1 or 2? Dead Space(1 and 2)? Trine? Red Dead Redemption? That Tomb Raider reboot? Dragon Age Origins? Even System Shock 2? Any number of arguably great games actually did have somewhat important to potentially vital voice acting. Sure, games could be made without ANY voice work, but the industry is billions of dollars past that point now.

Good luck to SAG/AFTRA, I'm sure they won't get everything they ask for, but hopefully they improve their situation.

News Comments > Umbrella Corps Trailer
6. Re: Umbrella Corps Trailer Oct 7, 2015, 21:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Haha, some of these zombie related games coming out makes it seem like the developers are just trying to troll people now.

3v3 cover based DM type game, with random senseless zombies stumbling about? Great Idea! Start Production!

1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 6, 2015, 11:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

We've already reached peak Zombie Games, but this one (Deadly Walkers) seems extremely bad. I am sure it's a small team or even one person making it, but come on, surely that person(s) has/have seen the competition, the extremely STACKED competition?  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 5, 2015, 10:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 09:39:
Shenmue 3 Creator Says He "Could Do With a Bit More Money." *Blink*

Yeah, couldn't we all?

Honestly, I am surprised this doesn't happen far more often than it does, especially with videogames. Aside from the obvious scammers who just take the money and run, there are plenty of studios out there that misjudge how much it's going to take to really complete a project.

It's not like the games industry is alone in those poor estimations either.

Oh well, good luck, Shenmue fans.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2015, 06:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

What is up with these Steam lists lately? Who is still buying CS:GO? Is it even possible for a Steam account to not have CS:GO, or CS 1.6, or CS:S on it?

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 3, 2015, 17:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah yes, Dying Light. I need to go back and finish that, I got distracted by the Pillars of Eternity Expansion and patch(Monks dominate now, by the way) and D3 patch.

*EDIT* Hrm, just finished Dying Light... the main story ending is short, and involves an extremely annoying jumping part and an annoying quicktime sequence. Negative points to an otherwise enjoyable but grindy game.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2015, 08:16.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 3, 2015, 17:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Pete wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 16:54:
That is a very large number for an audience. Does anyone know how it compares to a sports tournament? Comparable to Pan-American? Olympics?

3 million is a lot for a video game, but it's still peanuts compared to live sports. Especially if that's 3 million worldwide for LoL... Sochi Olympics (2014) was 25 million in the USA, World Cup Final (2014) was 26.5 million, also in the USA alone. worldwide the World Cup numbers are probably in the billions.

Pro Euro league soccer viewership for even regular games dwarfs any NFL or LoL viewership in the US.

All of this can be googled, but here and here are two.

All that said, I am not a fan of Battle Arena/DotA style games at all, but apparently a large portion of the gaming public disagrees with me.

*EDIT* Whoops, nice point Yifes, 3million Twitch only, so take that, normal sports!

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Just Cause 3 Will Support Mods Oct 2, 2015, 21:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 18:35:
Drop us a line if you find out what it is.

42, of course.

News Comments > More QUAKEs & Wolfensteins on GOG.com
5. Re: More QUAKEs & Wolfensteins on GOG.com Oct 1, 2015, 23:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, wasn't Quake 3 released completely for free awhile back? Or was that only Quake 1?

Either way, these prices seem quite high.

2638 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo