Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3664 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black May 4, 2017, 03:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Simon Says wrote on May 3, 2017, 23:36:
Shit, and the only reaction/preoccupation of the car occupants seems to be what?

"Well I'd better avoid this new hazard."

Running to the rescue? Nah, fuck him. WTF is wrong with people?

I liked how at least one driver immediately started driving through other lanes of traffic to avoid whatever is off screen to the left. "Fuck you guys, I'm out!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 4, 2017, 03:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

This sounds more like a questionnaire than an actual game. Papers, Please seems to have brought out the more esoteric Indie games.

Concept sounds interesting but it simply doesn't sound like there's a lot of room for a game there. Opinions will differ, of course.

News Comments > Steam Hammer Early Access Next Week
2. Re: Steam Hammer Early Access Next Week May 3, 2017, 15:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks like yet another open world game with some interesting ideas that will be utterly ruined by griefers and exploiters probably before it's even released to full retail.

News Comments > X-Wing XWVM Mod Video
11. Re: X-Wing XWVM Mod Video May 1, 2017, 14:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, that looks really good.

Is this the same mod that was on Blues a few months ago, where they had accidentally made the TIE AI too good, and they were dodging every laser blast? If so, that's just going to make me rage quit.

Doesn't seem so from the video, but I swear that was this mod. I guess they fixed that supernatural AI aspect.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 30, 2017, 17:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

I've never heard of them before, but I believe it's "gvmers" not Gvamers, blue, after glancing at the youtube video.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: The Boring Company Apr 30, 2017, 12:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Good luck keeping those tunnels from flooding, in most of the US.

Obviously they can employ a pumping system, but at some point the cost in money/energy would get to be prohibitive.

News Comments > Abandon Ship Trailer
2. Re: Abandon Ship Trailer Apr 29, 2017, 16:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Still looking really good, although I know that water direction vs ship heading is going to piss nautical people off.

Also it seems like ramming should be with the bow, not the side of the ship!

News Comments > Little Nightmares Released
2. Re: Little Nightmares Released Apr 29, 2017, 02:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hopefully some of you guys bought this with the Inside/Little Nightmares deal on Gog the past week, basically half off for each game.(Buy LN, get Inside free).

And yes, Little Nightmares is gorgeous... where the hell has this art team been?

*EDIT* Oh nice, that Little Nightmares/Inside deal is still available on Gog.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2017, 03:28.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 28, 2017, 19:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Translator upset they removed a typo? Sounds logical.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2017, 15:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Caslon wrote on Apr 28, 2017, 11:00:
Blue is getting news links we've seen already.

A 3D printer that makes pizza. It's just around the corner.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/06/tech/innovation/foodini-machine-print-food/

Hrm... the second that becomes a reality, you can start the countdown timer to my fat induced heart attack.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Spring Update
6. Re: etc. Apr 27, 2017, 16:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Removing control? You can still force respawn. It just gives an indicator now if a medic spots you and runs up to revive you.

I understand that not everyone wants to revive every time, but often it is the better play to get revived and save a ticket, and not have to run back for 20 seconds.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Released
14. Re: Dawn of War III Released Apr 27, 2017, 16:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 16:24:
Drayth wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 16:17:
According to the Steam reviews I read this one's played like a moba.

Am I terrible that this would actually make me more interested in this game?

Yes....

Developers need to keep the MOBA bullshit out of actual RTS games. Of course, apparently the majority of the gameplaying public doesn't agree with that, but the dwindling crowd of crusty old school people would like a good RTS every now and then.

3. Re: etc. Apr 27, 2017, 14:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

I played a couple of rounds... fighters still seem pretty strong, too early to tell though.

Biggest issue is still teammates who cannot fathom capping/defending flags... it seems bad enough still, that I should probably quit to save my blood pressure.

The gunplay is still reasonably tight, enjoyable, but maybe not enough to outweigh idiots ruining games. No ammo drops, no revive, no capping/defense. Oh well.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Released
4. Re: Dawn of War III Released Apr 27, 2017, 14:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Steam reviews indicate...this game is shit, compared to DoW1.

Oh well, I can write Relic off as a studio now, officially, at least.

They want to be some sort of MOBA/multiplayer Esport game company, not a good RTS company.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 27, 2017, 12:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, what the fuck did they think would happen with unsecured IoT devices?

I know security is hard, but releasing millions of devices that are designed to be online 24/7 with zero or utterly useless security was beyond stupid.

Your refrigerator and washing machine really don't need to be online. If they are, please put a robust password on them.

Now we can only hope Hajime doesn't try to use its botnet for any malicious attacks.

2. Re: etc. Apr 27, 2017, 11:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Medic Revive spotting... that should help some. I've been getting pissed off royally lately, playing BF1 as a medic and having idiots force respawn immediately as I am running to them. "Waste a ticket and respawn far from the action? Okay, fuck you, medics!"

More weapons... good, and the choices seem decent.

Most of the bug fixes/weapon balance changes seem decent as well, I'll check out the patch later tonight probably.

I think the damage to fighter planes from AA should probably be higher, right now the dominant air strategy is to use the fucking lawn darts from a fighter vs infantry, and be fast enough to avoid AA range and most ground fire, while STILL being able to shoot down slower planes... seriously need a fighter rebalance/nerf.

I assume the dart changes listed will help, but the fighters seriously dominate the air at this point, while still being able to wreck infantry.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Re: Into the Black Apr 27, 2017, 03:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Unbreakable, The Sixth Sense, even the Village, I really liked all of those Shyamalan films.

The problem is all of the good will he burned with trash such as The Happening and Signs, and that mermaid one that I can't even recall the name of.

But hey, nobody makes nothing but amazing films... even the greats release a dud every now and then.

I still need to watch Split, it's in my Netflix queue(old school mailing Netflix still has the five star ratings by the way, not the thumbs up/thumbs down. )

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 26, 2017, 18:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

70% funded and 42 days left? Phoenix Point should make that, no problem.

I'll put in $30 for a pledge most likely.

News Comments > New Julian Gollop Game Crowdfunding
16. Re: New Julian Gollop Game Crowdfunding Apr 26, 2017, 17:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 11:53:
I would highly advice anyone thinking of investing to wait until fig has actually at least once paid out such an investment return. Because it all seems way too susceptible to the "I know we sold 40 million copies at full retail, but we made no profits at all, honest!" Hollywood Accounting(tm) shenanigans to me.

They explain the math a bit if you look a little deeper on the site, it's somewhat unfavorable to investors, in my opinion. I would only ever recommend doing a pledge just to get the game cheaper than retail, but some people may want to add some extras.

Looking at the Investment for Wasteland 3 for example:

The game needs to sell 296,600 copies !?!? in order for the investors to break even. Now, I'm looking forward to Wasteland 3 with great anticipation, but I doubt it'll approach 300k sales anytime soon. I'm also not sure what the time limit is, ie. 5 years down the line when the game sells more than 300k copies, mostly on sale, are you already considered 'out' in terms of distributions, etc.

I'm kind of curious, I want to find some real numbers on the total number of Wasteland 2 sales... supposedly the game sold over 400,000 copies on Steam alone? That's surprising, and if true, that makes the Wasteland 3 investment more appealing, I guess.

There is also the caveat that the board of directors have discretion for any returns over 70%, not sure how that is going to play out at all either.

I'm cheap enough that I will never invest, but they clearly have gotten more than a few people on Pillars 2 and Wasteland 3. I'm actually pretty interested to see how this Fig thing turns out in a year or two.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 26, 2017, 09:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Tom wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 06:47:
This is probably a good time to pick up The Long Dark. Hinterland says this is the last chance to pick it up in early access, and they intend to raise the price. They're also doing a big release in 8 days which is probably the story mode we've been waiting for for years now. I sure hope it's good...

So how exactly is the game currently? I like the art, the concept seems like it could get old pretty quick though. I've heard chatter/read text about the story mode for awhile, but it's been years with no actual 'story mode'...

3664 Comments. 184 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo