Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2732 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2015, 17:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 17:45:
It mostly fucking sucks because after waiting for ages I finally played all of their shitty games that require BW points for their even shittier DLC this year. So this discount is like me becoming quadriplegic and then Salma Hayek offering me a tittyfuck. You know... too fucking late is what it is.

Allow me to step in and point out: you'd probably still try to perform even being mostly paralyzed in that situation, so your analogy fails.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Season 5 Overview
1. Re: Diablo III Season 5 Overview Dec 22, 2015, 18:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

...Literally the only thing most players(ok, 'most' is my guess) want to hear about is how exactly the extra stash will be unlocked, officially, and there is no mention of it. Blizzard.

Supposedly, one tab for 500k gold, then the next tab requires Seasonal Achievements(requiring multiple Seasons of play to unlock all 10 tabs), but so far nothing has been officially listed. This forcing Seasons on Non-Seasonal people boondoggle has made most of the few people I still know playing D3 ready to just move on to other games, myself included.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 12:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 11:58:
And I'll just leave this here (no spoilers)...

SHIIIIIITT.... What a ridiculously long wait! I just saw Episode 7 last night, and while derivative, it was also glorious! I teared up a bit when I saw the Millenium Falcon, got verklempt like a young Dick Vermeil more than a few times at various plot points.

Can't recommend this movie enough, although I can see the instant arguments against how similar the general plot is to certain other films, which is definitely going to piss some people off.

*EDIT* InBlack, yeah, the power levels/fleet availability issues bugged me also, and probably will detract from my enjoyment of the film in a month or so, when I come down off my Star Wars eurphoria.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 20, 2015, 07:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, might buy Cities:Skyline on there... of course it's missing that Dark Skies DLC, or whatever the name is. Good Pillars of Eternity price also, for those who held out for some reason.

Tempted to buy PA:Titans also, although to be honest the base game still feels kind of bland to me.

Anybody buy Hard West? That looks fairly interesting, but I'll probably wait for a bigger sale.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Dec 19, 2015, 00:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'd be hyped for this patch, if it wasn't also the patch in which they were putting Stash unlocks in the Season Journey, instead of Non-Season. Yes, I know they carry over to non-season, but I don't play Seasons, have no desire to do so, etc. just put some unlock path in Non-Seasons, as you should have done from the start. Non-Seasonal people are the ones who need more storage space anyway.

Blizzard.

*EDIT* Grammar.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2015, 02:30.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month
19. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month Dec 17, 2015, 00:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

This admittedly short trailer looks pretty good. I'm tentatively interested.

8. Re: How to build a real lightsaber Dec 16, 2015, 12:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

I figured that would be the shortest article ever: "You can't."

Dastardly physics always getting in the way!

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 15, 2015, 02:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Why oh why did they raise the price on that Deadpool game back up to $40?

Especially since it was off Steam for around a year or so? Do they think the movie is going to drive up the demand that much?

News Comments > Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage
9. Re: Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage Dec 11, 2015, 11:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, this game is gorgeous! Once it drops down in price a bit, and I clear out some more of the Holiday Queue, I'll probably get it.

My FPS needs are still satisfied by BF4 and KF2, no desperate need for this yet.

12. Re: Crouching Tiger. Dec 9, 2015, 21:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 01:53:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 21:48:
February 26th on Netflix, excellent. Trailer looks a bit too wire-work related for me, but I'll still watch it.

Moreso than the original?

The trailer gives that impression, and the original had a lot of great work at ground level. There was the tree walking stuff of course, but then they let the real martial artists do some sick work with their feet on solid ground too. Hopefully this sequel is more of the latter, but who knows.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Early Access
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Early Access Dec 9, 2015, 21:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Once again, we are saved from having a single week go by without a new MOBA being introduced!

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 9, 2015, 03:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

As of late November, the last time I read anything about it, they were still working on local coop. It'll only be two players max(for local), just fair warning.

I haven't been keeping up to date on it though, I don't think I've played local coop on any pc game in quite some time.

9. Re: Crouching Tiger. Dec 8, 2015, 21:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

February 26th on Netflix, excellent. Trailer looks a bit too wire-work related for me, but I'll still watch it.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2015, 21:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

The most important question remains unanswered: is his middle name Tiberius?

Ridiculous expenditures of money aside, some of the tech in this is pretty interesting. I can't imagine a modern day naval battle would be anything but every side launching hundreds of cruise missiles at their opponents' ships though, at ridiculously long ranges.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 8, 2015, 21:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Victor Vran is definitely worth the $9.99, half off price. Very good, but gets a bit grindy/repetitive as time goes on. Also, Ranged Legendary weapons are WAY better than melee legendaries, at least the ones I've had drop.

News Comments > System Shock 3 Teased
13. Re: System Shock 3 Teased Dec 8, 2015, 12:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

noman wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 10:51:
Otherside Entertainment is set up by the original studio head and developers at Looking Glass - the people who created Ultima Underworld, System Shock, Flight Unlimited, Thief, Terra Nova etc. They got the Underworld license back and are making Underworld 3.

They are the best folks to make a System Shock 3 game, so it is an awesome development. If Doug Church (the original engine creator and project/design lead for System Shock) can join them, it'd be even better. I think he's working at Valve these days.

Dammit, now I am unreasonably excited about this, with probably unreasonable expectations as well.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2015, 06:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Shok wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 23:04:
Also very unforgiving to slower CPU's. Changed out my G3258 CPU for an i7-4790 and that fixed ALL issues I was having with stuttering/framerates. When I built this machine in May I had plans to eventually swap in a faster 1150 socket CPU anyway but this game made my mind up for me Went from average 30-40 fps on low-med settings to steady 60fps with the i7 on mostly high settings. That's with a 970GTX 4GB video card and 16GB of RAM btw.

Ouch. Sounds like it's time to upgrade... my main desktop is years slower than the system you just upgraded out of.

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
19. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 7, 2015, 06:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Phew, almost a week went by without the announcement of another MOBA! That's a relief.

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
3. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 4, 2015, 20:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting, but I can't see myself ever using this. Making different game categories/folders has helped enough.  

News Comments > Shadow Complex Remastered for Free
17. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 19:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 15:53:
I'm working on a new app called Launch Your Launchers. Basically it launches your other launchers. Keep all of your handy publisher launchers in one list! I'm going to make a killing, I can feel it

I'd like to point out that I've already secured the patents for my Launcher for your Launcher Launcher, hopefully I can see a reasonable amount of profit before the Launcher^4 takes over the scene.

More on topic, didn't know Peter David had been involved, I'm a bit more tempted to get this now

2732 Comments. 137 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo