Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3956 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Oct 12, 2017, 00:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Of course there are Congress people with Alzheimer's and other diseases reducing brain function... many of them are 75+ years old. They tend to die in office, for that matter, in their 80s or 90s.

Are people forgetting that Reagan had Alzheimer's symptoms, publicly displayed, while in office? He was officially diagnosed after he left office, of course. "It hit me like a...a...two ton...heavy thing..."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth Released
3. Re: Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth Released Oct 11, 2017, 23:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm still enjoying Grim Dawn, about 500 hours in or so.

I have a lot of characters at this point, mostly extremely focused, on particular legendary/skill combos.

For comparison, I bounced off of Path of Exile in spite of multiple attempts(too much RNG), but I did put in a ton of hours in Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, etc.

As far as the expansion, I've barely scratched the surface, but so far it seems great, an improvement over the base game, much like every content patch for the game has been.

Wallshadows -> I agree, the static maps are probably the weakest link in the Grim Dawn chain. 95% of the time I play solo in any ARPG, so that doesn't bug me as much...Grim Dawn is definitely a single player game with some tacked on multiplayer capability

News Comments > Free DRM-Free Torchlight 1 & 2 for Owners
2. Re: Free DRM-Free Torchlight 1 & 2 for Owners Oct 11, 2017, 23:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rhialto wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 22:24:
Anyone on Steam did the Connect thing? It looks permanent so no way to unlink, unlike on humblebundle which I link to get a game then unlink right after.

I have used it, and I believe you are correct, you cannot unlink the accounts, at least easily, as far as I can tell.

Aside from the obvious data sharing risk, just use different passwords, use 2 phase authentication if you're feeling nervous. Both GoG and Steam offer it.

The Steam Connect on Gog seems to only work if you make your Steam account public, so you can also make it public, link games, then go private again. It might help.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Half of the universe's missing normal matter has been found Oct 11, 2017, 16:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 08:44:
Modern cosmology is so weird. 68% of the universe is Dark Energy, 27% is Dark Matter, and half of the remaining 5% of "normal" matter -- we couldn't see until now. So, prior to this confirmation, we knew for certain what 2.5% of the universe is and where it was...

I considered astronomy as a career when I was a kid, but never pursued it. Too bad, the last 30 years was a great time to be in the field.

Yes, it's really a very interesting time for Astronomy, historically speaking. Just keep in mind, Dark Energy/Dark Matter are really 'placeholder' explanations though, for observations that require a lot more energy/mass to be floating around, that we cannot (yet) detect.

I'm hoping to get to read about some great discoveries and revelations about Dark Matter before I die... whichever team makes a breakthrough there is really going to achieve something monumental. A massive achievement, some might say.

Or if the Dark Matter/Dark Energy hypotheses get conclusively disproved, how amazing will that be!? It's really very interesting to me; now if only humanity can get its act together and not wipe itself out before we start solving some of the universe's mysteries...

1. Re: Into the Black Oct 10, 2017, 21:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy fuck, did that woman on the street at the end come out of the white car!? Was she on the street somewhere? How long was she airborne!?

Also, that Tornado looked like it was moving at at least 60-70mph, it caught them easily, and was gone from the area in seconds. Amazing video, hopefully everybody there is okay. Zero info on Youtube.

*EDIT* Whoops it is in there, serious injuries for the woman in light blue, minor injuries in the car. Damn they probably barely saw it coming, it was so fast.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2017, 08:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Congratulations, Blue! We're all officially old, if you didn't realize it yet.

El Pit -> yeah, probably red herrings, but I honestly prefer that to complete spoiler trailers, like 99% of trailers. I can avoid most trailers online, but if you actually go to see a movie in a theater, you will get blasted with 30~ minutes of spoiler filled clips... ridiculous.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 9, 2017, 15:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, Steam users, you never disappoint. CS:GO, still in the top 10. Dying Light must be on sale, although admittedly, I had a lot of fun with that game.

Nobody buying Ruiner though?

It's like a gorgeous, cyberpunk version of Hotline Miami, but a bit harder. I highly recommend it, if your reflexes are still pretty good and/or you have patience.

Ruiner probably would have sold a million copies if they made it more like SmashTV style and less like Hotline Miami though... definitely an unforgiving game.

*EDIT* Ruiner is a bit easier now, with the last balance/gameplay update. Your bullets move faster, damage you take seems toned down a bit, but shield/dodge still required.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2017, 00:55.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 6, 2017, 20:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

I don't use social media at all, so apparently I missed it; somebody(or multiple somebodies) literally complained about #NoMoreNazis ?

I know we entered the Twilight Zone months ago, but really, come on now.

More on topic: Looking forward to to Wolfenstein 2 with great anticipation!

News Comments > Rogue Trooper Redux Trailer
1. Re: Rogue Trooper Redux Trailer Oct 6, 2017, 00:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

I remember playing a bit of this game back in the day, the original that is, and being annoyed that it was FAR off from the comic that I remembered. Watching this video, same thing, quite a bit off from the comic I thought was the original, so some googling ensued.

The original was Rogue, in the 2000AD comic(early 80s UK), that this game is based on! War Machine (not to be confused with Marvel's Iron Man spinoff worn by James Rhodes) that blew my mind as a kid, in terms of art and amazing story, was the spinoff! My entire life is a lie!

I have been out-nerded. To my everlasting shame. Now I have to go find scans of the original series.

2. Re: Into the Black Oct 3, 2017, 23:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit, Honest Trailers you jerks, you literally bashed Blade Runner and Legend in the same clip, how dare you!!!

I love both films, but now I have to go find a copy of the 2007 version of BR.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Plans
2. Re: Titanfall 2 Plans Oct 3, 2017, 23:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Basically, as Ozmodan said. I'd probably still have the game on my SSD to try out occasionally, but it's also 70+ gigs last time I checked, and gains a few gigs every time they add a map. Untenable.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2017, 10:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Prez wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 09:12:
After reading the thread I only wanted to make a correction: automatic weapons are not for sale anywhere in the US to the average citizen. "Automatic" specifically meaning multiple round discharge for one trigger pull. The shooter allegedly illegally altered his rifle to automatic firing according to one of the reports I read. Other than that tidbit I have nothing to add.

Some more info:

You can legally buy a fully automatic weapon from the pre-ban era, in states such as Nevada, for ridiculously high prices and various tax stamps. Pre 1986 full auto weapons still exist, just the price is outside of most people's range.

Also, you can cheaply convert (illegally) most modern ARs to full auto, or slightly more expensively(but legally) convert modern ARs to simulate full auto with either a Crank trigger or Bump stock mod.

Doing a little web searching, the full auto sear packages for conversion are around $90 or less, although note that converting a post 1986 weapon to full auto is asking for massive fines and jail time. Also some milling and metal working knowledge required.

Bump Stock and Crank triggers are in the sub $500 range and a couple companies make them as far as I can tell, legally. The Bump stock in particular makes the trigger get pulled with every round, so it will not be legally challenged for quite some time. Cranks...are a bit more of a grey area, but have yet to be challenged.

This post is just for information, we'll see/hear what the guy in Las Vegas had at some point in the near future, no doubt.

News Comments > Hawken PC Sunset Coming
2. Re: Hawken PC Sunset Coming Oct 2, 2017, 20:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, they never even made it to an official release? I didn't realize that. I played that game a couple of years ago briefly, thought it was borderline gorgeous but just not my game, so I didn't drop a ton of hours into it.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 1, 2017, 21:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm loving D:OS2, but wow, they either ran out of time or money for QA for the later areas. Quest chains especially are noticeably broken in a lot of areas, and it's seemingly possible to break/skip a large chunk of the game in the Nameless Isle, for example.

Still, the combat is fun, my party is beastly, but there are a mounting number of bugs as you progress later on in the game.

I'm not getting the fatal bug ColoradoHoudini is though, luckily. Gog version, updating it through Galaxy.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 22:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 17:52:
East Rutherford, NJ (AP) -A seven-year old boy was at the center of a New Jersey courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the New York Giants, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Haha, nice buildup, excellent payoff.

Also, ugh, 30 year anniversary of The Princess Bride...okay we're officially all old.

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Trailer
1. Re: The Evil Within 2 Trailer Sep 28, 2017, 09:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah yeah, there are new, more evil bad guys this time around, we get it.

More gameplay oriented videos, please.

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend
19. Re: LawBreakers Free Weekend Sep 26, 2017, 23:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 14:23:
Blahman wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 14:11:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 14:00:
Wasn't this game 'ruined' by the latest patch? Aka taking all the speed and skill out of the game, or something? Speaking third hand, I didn't buy this game, but was considering it until I read all the recent negative reviews about patch 1.4+
I have nearly 200 hours in this game...
It's dead jim.
7,579 all-time peak 3 months ago
https://steamdb.info/app/350280/graphs/

Holy shit, that's a bit of a dropoff. 179 peak players now? Thanks for the detailed review, Blahman, also very nice Twitch video of that match. Looks pretty interesting but I don't know if I'm going to buy it if it'll be that empty. Ah, the curse of multiplayer gaming.

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend
10. Re: LawBreakers Free Weekend Sep 26, 2017, 14:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wasn't this game 'ruined' by the latest patch? Aka taking all the speed and skill out of the game, or something? Speaking third hand, I didn't buy this game, but was considering it until I read all the recent negative reviews about patch 1.4+

News Comments > Ruiner Released
4. Re: Ruiner Released Sep 26, 2017, 13:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweeeeeet. Already bought it a few weeks back on Gog, I'll download it when I get home tonight. Hopefully it turned out great.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2017, 07:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Divinity 2 is great; Larian deserves all the success they've had with it so far and hopefully have more in the future.

There's still definitely a few quest chain bugs(some of which have been patched, but require a new game, no save file fixes) but I'm level 17, and pretty much done with the second zone(Driftwood), no fatal bugs so far.

Warfare/Necromancy with a one hander and shield is basically immortal.

That said, every class and combo seems to be fun to play, if not always the most min/max efficient. The NPC origin stories, and the most of the game's writing in general, so far seem to be a vast improvement over the original game's writing.

PS. A little typo there, Blue. should be "10. Dead by Daylight" on its own line, of course.

3956 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo