Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3120 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name
11. Re: Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name Sep 21, 2016, 21:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, old school Blizzard is long gone. Even the relatively new school Blizzard seems to have left the building, now they are just some social media oriented casual game-making has beens. I'm sure this will make them billions, just not from our generation of gamers.

I still had Diablo 3 installed on the laptop, in case they ever came to their senses... might as well go ahead and just remove the last traces of Blizzard software from my computers at this point.

Goodbye, Blizzard. You were great, once.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re:Table Tennis Humor... Sep 21, 2016, 14:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

That ping pong video is hilarious, also takkyuu geinin is clearly a fucking baller of a ping pong player.

Table tennis player reflexes in general seem utterly insane...too bad that sport isn't bigger in the US.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed
9. Re: Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed Sep 20, 2016, 23:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

By Odin's Ravens... look at those map screenshots... gorgeous.

I am getting abnormally pumped for this game... I hope they don't fuck it up too much with release day bugs and other classic EA/DICE issues.

Hypothesis: Ballroom Blitz will be the new Metro, for massive spamming and grinding infantry unlocks. Oh well.

Game modes sound fairly interesting, but no doubt I'll end up spending the vast majority of the time playing Conquest. Most other game modes end up relying too much on not having a team full of random asshats, ignoring objectives completely.

War Pigeons, that mode sounds like it'll be even more of a clusterfuck than Obliteration mode was in BF4, probably in a fun way at first, then the servers will be completely empty in a week.

I'm a little surprised so many of you guys have such fond memories of BC2... BF1942 was where it was at for me. Such a massive change from previous FPS games, so epic, so ridiculous...every BF game afterwards just felt like a bit of a let down in comparison, to me at least.

News Comments > Gears of War 4 NVIDIA Bundles
7. Re: Gears of War 4 NVIDIA Bundles Sep 20, 2016, 15:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Darks wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 11:54:
Figures, I just bought a card no more then 3 weeks ago. Bastards! they should allow anyone with in a months time frame to take advantage of this.

Same, I bought an ASUS 1070 and I got $115 worth of Paragon points, which I can't even give away, nobody seems to be playing that beautiful looking MOBA/TPS or whatever.

*EDIT* Haha, I was going to try to Ebay these, then saw apparently everybody else had the same idea.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 19, 2016, 21:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

The dead enemy flying away at 300mph seemed to happen a lot, from bullet deaths. Seems like it was related to them jumping while dying, or climbing/vaulting a ledge, maybe? I bet that won't be fixed for a year or more.

Same for people falling through the world, or corpses going through the floor or walls.

I purposely ran over a couple of guys with biplanes as they were running over the top of dunes, never had any of that buggy clipping though. I think a lot of that is shitty connections for the people doing the video recording.

Opposing team biplanes getting stuck together, bug or feature? Seems like that happened a fair amount, and didn't look too buggy, just no instant explosive deaths when planes collide.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 System Specifications
5. Re: Battlefield 1 System Specifications Sep 19, 2016, 21:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

no HUD looks beautiful, but I can't see playing like that the whole time, my eyesight isn't that great as it is, for actually spotting people against the background.

Considering my ancient desktop ran this pretty well, and my newly built one does BF4/SW:BF at 144fps ultra settings, BF1 should run pretty well.

50gb disk space, before any DLCs are even released. Sheesh. BF4 may end up getting deleted.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 19, 2016, 14:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Timmeh wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 14:26:
The spent 4 months to engineer a clone nand unit in order to do brote force hacking...

If you don't think that level of work is worth a million bucks...

THANTS YOUR OWN DUMB PROBLEM.

Not the FBI's or someone else who values their genius and hard work.

Exactly, from the article title I figured the guy built the device and broke the password in same day with some random parts, but no he spent hundreds or possibly thousands of hours of at least one trained professional's time to bypass the security.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2016, 11:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is a problem for Indie Developers, until they figure out how to finesse the Steam coupon system a bit, and are able to give their targeted reviewers copies of the game for 1cent or whatever doesn't trigger Valve's review blocking.

Good idea by Valve in a lot of ways, but really, humanity's scamming and finagling can never be contained.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2016, 11:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 10:51:
You know, it's funny. Whenever I'm downtown I see the people lined up for the food bank they're all smoking. So they can afford $15 for a pack a day but not food? Yeah. Ok.

Well, you're right in a sense, but it's also hard as hell to quit smoking once you start. The more poor and less educated somebody is, the higher the chance (it seems at least) that they will smoke. A vicious little loop, of addiction, further poverty and weakened health, and lack of education. Obviously if nobody used tobacco products at all(dip is also a huge problem), humanity would be much better off, but it's not really reasonable to expect that or even feasible anytime soon.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 14:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 14:35:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 12:40:
Wow, once again CS:GO isn't only in the top 10, it's number one.

Must have been that last wave of VAC bans... I have to wonder how profitable it is for Valve, banning CS cheaters and having them rebuy every month or so.

How soon before CS:GO is excluded from the sales list so that Valve can avoid inconvenient questions?

I doubt they care; I could have phrased that better, ie: what percentage of their profits is purely from CS:GO sales? Probably not a whole lot, but not insignificant either. I am curious, but not outraged or ready to protest or something.

Nothing is illegal here(as far as I know), and cheaters should be banned. I am just amazed these same cheaters go back and buy the game again, and/or make new accounts and buy the game again, etc. Surely people are sick of CS by now? Or is the weapon skin trade that lucrative?

1. Re: Tiny Dog... Sep 18, 2016, 12:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, damn little dogs, always barking and snapping at people and other much larger animals. It seems like nearly 100% of the time the owners just laugh that shit off too, bugs the hell out of me.

People will train big dogs, but just ignore training the little toy dogs altogether.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 12:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, once again CS:GO isn't only in the top 10, it's number one.

Must have been that last wave of VAC bans... I have to wonder how profitable it is for Valve, banning CS cheaters and having them rebuy every month or so.

News Comments > Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve
2. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 13:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell, suing the users for $18 million? Is that a joke?

For negative reviews? I swear Congress just passed a law relating to retribution against negative reviews on Yelp or something, like a week or two ago. (in the US)

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Sep 16, 2016, 10:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

That looks extremely retro...you don't need to go back to pre-3d acceleration graphics, nostalgic developers.

News Comments > Steam VAC Ban Surge
4. Re: Steam VAC Ban Surge Sep 15, 2016, 20:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is already veering into 'get off my lawn' territory, but I remember in the 'old' days, I knew EVERYBODY (in the internet sense) on any QWTF server I was on, and almost everybody even on servers up into CS:Source.

Once I started playing more Battlefield series games, it really began to be a crapshoot, whether you'd even recognize the names anymore, or if there were active admins. Still, you can find active admin servers in the more popular games, usually.

Many of the more popular BF4 servers, for example, have active admins and are pretty decent about cheat prevention.

It will never be 100% clean though, those days are long gone. Professional coders release cheats for profit in today's gaming scene, sometimes(supposedly) with insider help, if you believe some rumors.

VAC, Fairfight, etc. they are all playing catch-up, but what can you do, give up gaming completely and let the cheating assholes win?

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 20:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Please post plenty of NON-SPOILER descriptions of the game, thanks Early Adopters.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Sep 15, 2016, 18:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

I figured I'd give the first 15-20 or so on that list the benefit of the doubt, and checked out their gameplay videos on Steam.

Pure shit for the most part, with some poorly done Alpha level or student project level games thrown in there as well. Based on that small sample, looks like Steam's new review process is successful.

Steam really has a ton of shovelware on it lately... I rarely look outside my own wishlist these days, but wow, think of the terabytes of storage used up by utter crap on Steam by some of these titles.

Also: League of Legends, 100M monthly users... wow, I really missed that MOBA boat apparently.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 Trailer
3. Re: Resident Evil 7 Trailer Sep 15, 2016, 11:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks pretty badass, I'll definitely get it at some point. The Evil Within stoked the Resident Evil fires pretty hard, for me at least.

I'm kind of amazed you didn't like RE4, unless you're talking about the mouse issues on PC early on? RE4 was arguably one of the better games in the series.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Free DLC
17. Re: Battlefield 4 Free DLC Sep 15, 2016, 11:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 04:05:
FloorPie wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 19:55:
50% discount on many games including bf4 if don't have it. Code is Origin50

I just picked it up for $5 not two weeks ago on Origin. Now all the DLC is free? That's a pretty sweet deal.

EDIT: WTF? I have to add each one individually?

Lol! First world problems. $5 for the entire game, and I have to click several times!?!?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Free DLC
16. Re: Battlefield 4 Free DLC Sep 15, 2016, 11:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

BF4 is great, I think I'm just getting to the point where I've got more hours into BF4 than all the previous Battlefield games, BF1942 exlcuded.

Thanks for the Origin50 code, I picked up SW:Battlefront, mainly to see how gorgeous it looks on my new desktop.

I've been playing Dragon Age:Inquisition, and it's surprisingly good so far, and it looks amazing on max settings.

The only issue is all of these 'new' Origin games seem to be anywhere from 40-70gigs, I'm going to have to finally delete BF4 by the time BF1 rolls around. *sheds a tear, as he lovingly shoots down one last jet with a tank*

3120 Comments. 156 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo