Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3324 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Footage
10. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Footage Dec 3, 2016, 09:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 04:50:

There are 9 chapters spread out over 7 ships that are part of the hulk. Each chapter has several missions (3-4 I believe) and each mission takes 30-45 minutes apparently. So there should be quite a bit of meat on its bones. I bit the bullet and preordered, but Im a bit of a Space Hulk fan, and I liked what I saw from the gameplay videos. Even if I play through it once in solo, and maybe a few coop games I think I would have gotten my money's worth. Got
the game from GreenManGaming for like 27 Euros, which is not bad at all.

Hrm, I hadn't checked greenmangaming yet. $27.29(USD) for pre-order... hrm. It might be coin flip time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dauntless Announced
3. Re: Dauntless Announced Dec 2, 2016, 16:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Can't really tell anything about the gameplay from this clip, but the 'ancestry' of their development team sounds pretty strong.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they show some real gameplay footage.

5. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Footage Dec 2, 2016, 16:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 12:28:
Whilst the ambiance is awesome I'm concerned it's just an A to B grind. Where are the side missions or reasons to explore? Finding artifacts and other things? Seems like they'll be missing out on a great opportunity if that's the case. I'm on some massive derelict of a space hulk, of course I want to explore it.

Agreed, but I think this game is smaller scale than you'd probably like, I doubt there is much side area/secondary objective exploration in a given mission.

With so many games out, multiple sales, etc. I may just hold off on this for a few months, Killing Floor 2 has been great for my COOP pve fix, honestly. BF1 for Pvp of course.

1. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Footage Dec 2, 2016, 12:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty good,although the friendly AI seems a bit suspect at times.

I'm tempted to buy this, in spite of the classic Pre-Order reservations.

News Comments > The Dwarves Released
3. Re: The Dwarves Released Dec 1, 2016, 20:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not to be confused with "We Are The Dwarves," which also features vertically challenged humanoids in a fantasy strategy game.

This looks pretty interesting, I'll add it to the Steam sale list.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 1, 2016, 17:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Save 99%? What the hell is wrong with that game, haha!?

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
6. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 1, 2016, 12:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cool, very classy, CDProjekt Red.

I own NWN and NWN2(with all expansions) on disc... they were that old.

This is a very nice move for the old schoolers.

My Gog catalog is starting to rival my Steam behemoth at this point.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 1, 2016, 02:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 14:18:
Grim Dawn is one of the Humble Bundle games right now so I 2as watching vids last night. Man it looked a lot like D2. So I bought it.

The bundle also came with Dungeons 2 which itself looks a lot like DK2.

Grim Dawn is great! Easily the most enjoyable ARPG out now, in my opinion of course. It has a weaker engine than D3, but far more depth. Less depth than Path of Exile, but way less reliance on trading, and far better combat. Be warned though, legendaries will not drop until you are level 50 or higher. Also, Grim Dawn's graphics scale up nicely, it looks gorgeous turned up high. Also, the music is amazing, some of which was written by some ex-Diablo 2 guy, whose name escapes me at the moment.

Dungeons 2...is pretty good. War for the Overworld came out at about the same time, both want a slice of that Dungeon Keeper nostalgia pie, and they both come pretty close, but both have something missing, depending on what you liked best in DK.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Free GotY Upgrade on GOG.com
16. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Free GotY Upgrade on GOG.com Dec 1, 2016, 01:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice, by the time I'm finally ready to play Witcher 3, this should be all set up on my gog account. Give or take a year, depending on the queue.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 Sanctus Reach in January
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000 Sanctus Reach in January Dec 1, 2016, 01:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks somewhat interesting, but what the hell, it seems like this came out of nowhere... I've never even seen a hint of a teaser before now, and it's coming out in January?

Also gg, Games Workshop, way to carpet bomb the gaming scene.

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
10. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 14:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Still waiting for this game to hit $9.99 or less, what gives, Hello Games? It's still full (base) price.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
52. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 25, 2016, 15:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Alamar wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 11:27:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 14:57:
Hrm, the prices in general weren't great, but I've already given in and bought about 8 games this sale.

Dark Souls 2, Dragon's Dogma, Windward, Star Ruler 2, then the big ones, MGS V:Phantom Pain, and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Shen DLC for XCOM2 and Planetary Annihilation:Titans also, I believe.

The queue gorges itself, chuckling as it moves farther and farther away from completion.

If you can get a refund on Dragon's Dogma, it's this month's Humble Monthly 'top' pick... So for $12 USD, you'll get that, immediately, and another 5-7 games in a week.

Sheeit, thanks!

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2016, 15:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 12:25:
$20 Fallout 4 https://www.direct2drive.com/#!/download-Fallout-4/5011017

That level of sale for FO4 seems to be pretty widespread, $19.79 on Steam right now too...I may have to finally buy it.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
37. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 14:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, the prices in general weren't great, but I've already given in and bought about 8 games this sale.

Dark Souls 2, Dragon's Dogma, Windward, Star Ruler 2, then the big ones, MGS V:Phantom Pain, and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Shen DLC for XCOM2 and Planetary Annihilation:Titans also, I believe.

The queue gorges itself, chuckling as it moves farther and farther away from completion.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free DLC Next Week
15. Re: Titanfall 2 Free DLC Next Week Nov 23, 2016, 14:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

siapnar wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 11:18:
Nucas wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 21:13:
if anyone's on the fence about this title, it's currently 32 dollars on origin when you use the code TITAN20 at checkout; it stacks with the current black friday sale.
I don't see anywhere to input this code up until "Pay now"

You have to put the game into the 'cart,' start to pay for it, and at the Review Purchase page, you can submit coupons/codes in the lower left.

The code works, final price (USD) for me was $31.99.

Going to try the game out when time permits, tonight hopefully. Just finished downloading/installing.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free DLC Next Week
12. Re: Titanfall 2 Free DLC Next Week Nov 23, 2016, 10:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

You've done it now...based on this thread, I went ahead and bought into Titanfall 2. I better not be the only one trying to find a match in a week!

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
9. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 14:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

The current Blizzard devs would probably make a shitty version of Ghost, to be honest.

A very polished, graphically pleasing, but ultimately shitty version of some sort of stealth based FPS.

Just laying it out there.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Patch Complaints
4. Re: Battlefield 1 Patch Complaints Nov 20, 2016, 17:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'd be interested to see what driver version these guys are using also, after the initial round of complaints I only installed 375.70, as the 375.86 Nvidia drivers were supposedly partially to blame.

I didn't take a set of before and after screenshots though, game still looks very, VERY good on my system. Non SLI, GTX1070 8gb, 2560x1440p, 144hz, i7-6700k 4.0ghz, 32gb(!)DDR4, M2 SSD.

Now I'm going to go run around on the forest maps and look at the leaves, see if I should be furious or not.

This issue aside, DICE seems to have a pretty decent job on this launch, compared to BF4. Now that was truly a buggy unplayable mess at first.

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
40. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 17:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 17:03:
Alistic wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 16:50:
People do realize it doesn't cost 100 million dollars to make a video game right? They have made enough $ to sustain 1 video game for 50 years worth of development and sustain servers. This is a total SHAM moneygrab. It reminds me of the way penny stocks are marketed. Here's a long letter and some stretch goals every few weeks... keep sending us more $ so we can maintain our lavish lifestyles...
People do realize there is this thing called the internet right? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

Wow, that's a very interesting list!

Sadly I have only played Number 10 and below. Also, wow, 200 million for marketing for CoD:MW2, that's ridiculous!

Nice to see Star Citizen is already up to #6, with no finished product.

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
30. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 15:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Drayth wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 15:19:
Friend and I at work were monitoring the ship sale page. The $2,700 capital ship was sold out by the time we pulled it up. Then at some point I refreshed and they had added another one to the page. 1 minute later it was gone.

Well, these ships certainly look gorgeous, but what the hell is wrong with humanity, buying virtual ships for $2700 in a game that doesn't even exist yet? Arrgh!

I could maybe excuse it if the game was already out, but buying that shit literally encourages them to NOT release Star Citizen, and instead just keep making more and more outrageously priced virtual ships for people to buy.

Any one of those big ships could be a basis for an entire game. The scope of Star Citizen is just laughable at this point.

3324 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo