Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3561 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass Released
1. Re: Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass Released Mar 29, 2017, 15:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is easily the most beautiful rendering of a horrific war I've ever seen. Even the rubble is gorgeous.

The new weapon unlocks (vaguely BF4ish style) are a step in the right direction, but the requirements seem a bit off. I don't seem to be earning any more War Bonds though when I level up, so I assume they won't be adding any War Bond unlocks in the future? I have everything that was available via warbond unlocked currently.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2017, 12:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wait, this site has forums?

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced
11. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced Mar 28, 2017, 23:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 22:17:
How are you guys getting 13 and 8 bucks from GOG??? It's showing 20 for me...

It showed the same for me, until I logged in. Then it shows the $13.99 price (mainland USA, no VPN).

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2017, 21:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 20:44:
Also incredibly fucking dangerous. That stuff is microscopic needleblades. Far worse than fiberglass or asbestos. Spraying it would be scary as fuck. That shit in the air is terrifying to me. It's how you get cancers and shit. I wouldn't even handle the stuff. Yikes.

All these new nano-materials are incredibly dangerous to humans or anything with respiratory systems... the particles are too small to be filtered out naturally, and usually razor sharp to boot. If it makes you feel better though, Diesel exhaust is about as bad, just not as jagged. The particles are too fine to easily get filtered out like larger dust particles would.

Still, I don't think this is going to see much consumer grade use, at least it shouldn't.

Just remember this when they try to build that space elevator cable with carbon nanotubes... they will be breaking off and getting inhaled by people for hundreds of miles around. Oh wait, humanity will kill itself long before we build anything cool like a space elevator.

News Comments > Mafia III Demo and DLC Released
3. Re: Mafia III Demo and DLC Released Mar 28, 2017, 11:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'll probably get this the next time they do a decent sale on Steam, in spite of the mediocre reviews. It looks sale-worthy at least.

I'll try the demo this weekend, hopefully.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown?
9. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 27, 2017, 22:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Drayth wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 21:21:
If you follow the list of mods here, one of the mods increases the font size of all of the text. I've played it using these mods at native 2K res in the past and it works great.
http://thunderpeel2001.blogspot.com/2009/01/planescape-torment-fully-modded.html

NEwayz, they've said in the past they would likely never do PS:T or IW2 because those each have heavily modified engines. Where as BG1 & 2 and IW1 can be all run from the same engine. Interesting...

Thanks for that link, I'll try that text size mod at some point.

Beamdog probably realized they can make some decent coin doing these Enhanced Editions, and they also probably feel they know the IE engine variations enough now to do Planescape:Torment.

Only official thing I could find about IWD2:EE (in 2 seconds of googling) was from 2014 so they may have changed their minds since then.

*EDIT* I've owned the Enhanced Editions of BG1/BG2 (+Dragonspear) for awhile now; I've been meaning to do a run through, but I've been letting them patch it up and waiting for mods to catch up. The best mod from BG2, Improved Tactics, still has not been updated for BG2:EE. There are other tactics-type mods out of course, but IT was far and away the most fun back in the day. I'll probably just have to use the Gibberlings one at some point, I don't think anybody is even working on updating the Tactics mod anymore.

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta
17. Re: Is Chivalry: Medieval Warfare better now? Mar 27, 2017, 20:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks pretty interesting.. I'll probably try Mirage just to support their decision to NOT make everything brown and gray and washed out.

Have some damn colors in your games, (and movies), developers(directors)! Not everything has to be Serious and Gray and Dark.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 27, 2017, 20:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

How the hell can Bundle Stars afford to keep giving these 99% off deals?!?

*looks at the titles*

Oh, complete shovelware.

Still, they have relatively decent games for insane sales sometimes... are they one of the Russian Key or stolen credit card laundering sites? I've bought stuff from them in the past, I hate to admit.

Also, Men of War:Assault Squad 2 (Steam 80% off) that game is awesome, I highly recommend it. Higher level micro required though, be warned.

5. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 27, 2017, 20:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

pagb wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 19:32:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 18:06:
Well, good.

Regular Planescape:Torment looks like shit on my 2560x1440p monitor.

Did you use the patches for custom res to set it to something like 1280x720? (higher would mean tiny sprites)

Yeah I've tried those... basically I need dramatically improved vision these days to play some older games that get upscaled.

At a certain point games like PS:T which was designed for...640x480? 800x600? become unreadable for me, or hard enough to read that it's more trouble than fun to play.

1. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 27, 2017, 18:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, good.

Regular Planescape:Torment looks like shit on my 2560x1440p monitor.

News Comments > RUNNING WITH RIFLES: PACIFIC Announced
3. Re: RUNNING WITH RIFLES: PACIFIC Announced Mar 27, 2017, 15:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jagacademy wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 13:48:
I had thought about buying this, but everytime I checked the forums people complained about lack of players.

Essentially just a couple dozen people who were really good at the game were the only ones playing.

It's pretty fun, I bought the first one. But yes, low player count, and the nature of the game does not encourage long term play, in my opinion. It's hard at first to distinguish real players from AI players, and everybody looks the same. With all the emphasis on distinguishing yourself via armor/weapons in most games these days, this probably scares even more people off.

Also every game is a complete cluster fuck.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 25, 2017, 23:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Happy Gilmore" may contain one of the greatest characters ever in cinema, Shooter Mcgavin!

"Billy Madison" had arguably the greatest single speech ever given by a minor character, during the debate.

"Airheads" is a classic. "Waterboy?" I love that stupid film. However, much of his more recent comedy work is shite. It happens.

I honestly feel that at this point he does better work in dramatic roles("Men, Women and Children") rather than comedic ones. Not great work, but I think he's just lost the taste for the same old comedic schtick.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access
4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Mar 24, 2017, 19:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, this definitely isn't my genre, but even so this looks pretty boring, 90% of the time. Good luck with this.

News Comments > Prey Trailer
3. Re: Prey Trailer Mar 24, 2017, 19:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sho wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 11:11:
Verno wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 08:52:
Does anyone care about this game? Anyone at all, anywhere?

Some major sunken cost fallacy going on with this game.

Yeah, me? It looks really great so far. Finally another game in the spirit of System Shock and BioShock. I'm up for a good singleplayer FPS.

Same, I'll most likely get this at some point, when I thin out the queue a bit.

1. Re: Into the Black Mar 24, 2017, 19:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Without even looking, it had better be the Tardigrade.

*EDIT* It is.

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
5. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 19:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Look on the bright side; no matter how the actual game turns out, this whole experience will end up as a PhD level topic for some psychologist's case study. "Why did so many people continue to give money for no discernable return, for so long?"

News Comments > Vikings Wolves of Midgard Released
1. Re: Vikings Wolves of Midgard Released Mar 24, 2017, 19:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweet, looks pretty good, I'll probably get this at some point, especially if there's a Steam Spring Sale(?) price drop. When the hell is that sale coming anyway, should be pretty soon, right?

*EDIT* Wow, Steam reviews are harsh. Maybe I'll wait a bit. It's tough to make a good ARPG, apparently.

3. Re: Link of the Day Mar 24, 2017, 01:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Remember, entropy always wins, but that doesn't mean you do need to do a shitty job to start, contractors.

News Comments > Afghanistan '11 Released
1. Re: Afghanistan '11 Released Mar 24, 2017, 01:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yep....definitely too soon.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Mar 23, 2017, 22:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hopefully the free weekend brings in some people who can aim and move... some of the pub games I've played recently have been downright embarrassing.

Half the time I end up protecting obvlivious players who don't even headshoot as they nearly get surrounded. FPS skills are at an all time low it seems, based on KF2 and even BF1 pubs.

Fun game though, the new patch is really good, and I finally have all my perks at level 20 plus, so now I can 'relax' and just play everything as the mood strikes me. The OCD urge has slacked off a little.

3561 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo