Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2588 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2015, 13:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Somehow it seems like this whole "reading online insults" craze is a huge mistake... it encourages more general assholery, and actually gives some of the writers of these insults even more coverage on tv shows. Oh well, first world problems.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dawn of War Free Weekend
8. Re: Dawn of War Free Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 21:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 20:14:
Cool. I'd been thinking about replaying Soulstorm again at some point. I played it when it came out and it was a massive resource hog which made me get really fed up with how long it took to load everything (like 40 seconds to load a map.)

On a modern computer it should be a lot better.
Soulstorm is... ok. Basically massing/spamming air power is the way to go for any situation. I think the previous expansions had better balance. Still, there are some decent mods out for Soulstorm too, so it's not a complete loss.

News Comments > Dawn of War Free Weekend
3. Re: Dawn of War Free Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 20:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dawn of War up to the Winter Assault expansion is one of my favorite RTS games all time, especially with mods.

It's such a shame Relic went in such a different, smaller scale direction with DoW2.

I bought DoW2 on sale for like 4 bucks, can barely get into it at all. On the other side of the coin, I've probably got 250+ hours in the various flavors of DoW1/mods at this point.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2015, 10:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Blue wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 10:09:

Also, is the name of their boat actually the "Sea Bro?" It just gets better and better.

Hahaha! I couldn't make it through the entire video, but that's hilarious if that is the boat's name.

News Comments > Diablo III Bonus Weekend
3. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 10:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, good, I can burn through the cube hopefully and get all these crappily rolled legendaries taking up inventory space extracted.

Curse you and your skinner box design, Blizzard!

News Comments > Op Ed
77. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2015, 20:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ok, I'm officially sick of popcorn after these SC threads. The next one is going to have to be celery/carrot sticks and Hummus or something.

Off on the Space sim tangent, Elite:Dangerous is still on sale on Steam... worth buying at that price? ($27~) Or still too empty to bother?

*EDIT* Typo.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2015, 01:30.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 23, 2015, 20:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, I hope Vulkan turns out to be amazing, that's literally one of my greatest and lowest percentile hopes for gaming in general, a non Microsoft API that can not only compete, but attract enough game developers to matter.

Come on, Vulkan!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2015, 20:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Killer Kane wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 11:45:
"Does a bear shit in the yard?"

That guy was nuts...I deal with black bear on my property on a nearly daily basis, and they are docile (yet still very scary) compared to brown bear.

I wonder if that behavior is just something that particular bear was in the mood to do, or if it's species wide... the "stare the potential threat in the eye, take a dump, then run off" move. Also, yeah that guy seems insane, if he was really that close (especially under the deck) and it wasn't just an effect of his camera's zoom.

News Comments > Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee Free on Steam
2. Re: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee Free on Steam Sep 23, 2015, 20:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm almost tempted to say this is Valve responding to Origin's Free Games/On the House program, especially after apparently the entire free world downloaded Red Alert 2 last week on Origin.

Either way, consumers win a little, for once.

*EDIT* Of course it could just be the publisher/developer, and Valve is just an unstoppable juggernaut with no concern for the paltry scheming of Origin.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2015, 21:05.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Sep 23, 2015, 20:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, Prometheus. You were so terrible, and should have been so good. Unforgivable, Ridley!

Bladerunner 2 will be a mess anyway, regardless of who directs, I think.

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Revealed?
5. Re: New Wolfenstein Revealed? Sep 23, 2015, 10:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

MajorD wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:49:
I haven't played either of the new ones (NO or OB). Are they worth playing?

Yes, very much so. Pretty tight controls and shooting mechanics, nice weapons, pretty good level design, reasonably tolerable story. Both were nice old school single player FPS fun, although New Order is probably the better of the two, in my opinion. Both are fairly short, so I recommend you buy them on sale.

News Comments > Age of Decadence Next Month
7. Re: Age of Decadence Next Month Sep 19, 2015, 19:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Any time I hear "Age of Decadence" I imagine it being spoken by Hedonism bot.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: gambling site forming a CS-GO team... Sep 18, 2015, 18:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah CS, I remember the good old days, when there were just cheaters and people insulting your mother. Now it's organized underage gambling and match fixing.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 18, 2015, 16:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 22:33:
It may not even originate there, but areas of high population density like that would make it blow up, yeah. Hooray for oceans!

In this day and age of mass transit via air, oceans are no barrier at all to any sort of contagion, fictional or otherwise. Better start prepping your sealed Doomsday bunker now!

10. Re: Killer Whales chase... Sep 18, 2015, 15:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 14:07:

I don't think there's even one documented case of a wild orca ever killing a person, so there's little danger. An orca would have to be starving to death. It's like you living on a farm full of cows, deciding to shoot and eat the raccoon that wandered by.

That's the main point, the guys in a 20 foot boat were in no real danger, so don't gun your engine in a panic when the whale is literally swimming belly up underneath the rotor, as though the whale is about to try to flip your boat or something.

As far as no documented cases in the wild of orcas killing humans, correct, but I wouldn't say that indicates there is always "little" danger. Even unintentionally those animals are big enough to injure or kill a person, even if they don't necessarily see a human as an ugly seal. I'm sure nobody wants to be the first, so just stay in your boat/kayak and stay calm.

*EDIT* grammar.

2. Re: Killer Whales chase... Sep 18, 2015, 10:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Those Killer whales are just playing, but don't fall out of your damn boat trying to take a video of them, sheesh. Then you might get played iwth, sea-lion style.

Also, anybody should know not to gun your motor when the whales are moving around under your boat, idiots. These guys really could have injured one of these animals at that point.

Also, for some reason I find that $1500, six month sandwich video hilarious. GG society, for making sandwiches so easy to acquire.

News Comments > Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online Beta Signups
1. Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online Beta Signups Sep 18, 2015, 10:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, Ghost in the Shell and GitS:SAC are some of my favorite animes ever, but this game looks pretty damn boring and mostly generic.

Waste of a license, this should have been a party based RPG.

News Comments > Magicka 2 Free & Paid DLC
5. Re: Magicka 2 Free & Paid DLC Sep 17, 2015, 22:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

For the record, they seem to have realized the error of their ways, and patched back in those steam/ice combos, and a few other ones from Magicka 1.

Source

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Sep 17, 2015, 20:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, I had no idea CS had fallen so far. I got CS:GO at some point in a bundle or something... I've played it a bit, and it feels about the same as old CS 1.6 or CS:S in general.

Hearing that's it has surpassed TF2 hats for completely unnecessary microtransaction/gambling bullshit has just killed the game for me.

Oh well, more Pillars of Eternity. (Monks rule now, by the way)

News Comments > Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Free on Origin
18. Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Free on Origin Sep 16, 2015, 16:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 14:37:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 14:29:
I hope they fix their servers/key issues quickly; C&C Red Alert 2 is arguably the best game in the whole series, if my admittedly worsening memory serves. I will definitely get this on Origin just to avoid having to pull out the CDs for yet another old game.

Oh come on, RA3 is fan-fucking-tastic! Campaign co-op, Tim Curry and JK Simmons as absurd world leaders, and surprisingly versatile units. When it's $5 (any major steam sale), grab it! The online servers were unfortunately killed off but there's plenty of ways to tunnel if you want to play co-op with a friend.

Hey, there's no harm in being the second best game in a series as storied as the C&C/Red Alert franchise. I personally didn't like Red Alert 3 as much, but you gotta admire the attack bears. Still, something felt way off in the unit balance to me. I did play it and the first expansion though. Red Alert 2 just felt overall like a better game to me.

2588 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo