Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2635 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 9, 2015, 21:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, to be fair, that wasn't a straight 1600 foot 'fall,' but it was definitely a dangerous slide/tumble down the side of the mountain. Definitely unpleasant.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans
6. Re: Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans Nov 7, 2015, 20:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 18:37:
The Season Journey is just a interface that guides you through seasonal achievements and gives you rewards for completing sets of them, increasing in difficulty as you go. Well, even the last ones aren't really that difficult, they just require you invest the time playing to build a strong enough character and/or get a group together to cooperate in a specific task. A dedicated player can finish the whole thing in a week or two, but the season lasts several months, so it's plenty of time for anyone.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 16:36:
Hrm, for the most part these changes look good, although I'd really appreciate a way to unlock Stash tabs in Non-Season, since I already have 12 characters I use and don't want to delete once, let alone several times over a year just to get the 'full' set of tabs.

Good choice to remove Exclusive items from seasons, that is really the best news from the pre-patch notes.

There's a new feature specifically made for your situation, which reverts an existing character to level 1 and puts them in the Season. You're not gonna be forced to delete and re-create anymore. No more excuses!

Meh... they are pushing this Seasons nonsense so hard, and it is a complete 180 from their stated goals from before release and through the various betas. I'll read up on what you're talking about when it's closer to live, but it sounds like it'll still divide up my characters and friends list. I am 95% solo in this game, but I still get together with various old D2 people and play in pairs and trios.

I have zero desire to play with the general public or even join a clan/guild/community for the sole purpose of unlocking Stash tabs, and it'd be a shame if they really try to force group play down peoples' throats just to get more inventory space.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans
4. Re: Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans Nov 7, 2015, 16:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, for the most part these changes look good, although I'd really appreciate a way to unlock Stash tabs in Non-Season, since I already have 12 characters I use and don't want to delete once, let alone several times over a year just to get the 'full' set of tabs.

Good choice to remove Exclusive items from seasons, that is really the best news from the pre-patch notes.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
9. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 7, 2015, 13:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 23:01:
Eh, it's his money. But I'd hate to ever get that feeling of being massively kicked in the nuts that he's undoubtedly going to have. This game will never, EVER be worth that kind of money.

I should avoid posting in a SC thread, but yes, basically this. Assuming Star Citizen gets finished in some form or another eventually, it is extremely unlikely it'll ever be worth this kind of investment. Still, it's his money to burn; I look it as I would any person who joined a cult and gave all his money to a random crazy priest. Disappointing, embarrassing, somewhat shocking, but ultimately not my business, unless they are a family member.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Dying Fan Sees Nov 6, 2015, 11:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting, according to that article, the film is still 'unfinished.' Not much time left there, people. Barely a month!

Also, I thought the Hateful Eight looked damned good from earlier trailers, and now I am required to see it in the theatres AT LEAST twice, since the Fraternal Order of Police threatened Quentin Tarantino about it. And here I thought the FOoP was just a bunch of threatening telemarketers trying to bully old people into buying stickers to put on the license plates. Way to step up and go full Mafia, boys.

*EDIT* Also, try to stay strong, Half-Elf and anybody else dying to see the film. DON'T WATCH THE TRAILERS.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
62. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 6, 2015, 01:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, doesn't look half bad. I'll get this on sale, surely; highly unlikely that I'll bother picking it up around release though.

As others have said, plenty of time for a healthy selection of mods to come out while the price drops.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2015, 20:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 09:45:
Awww, I thought it was gonna be like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEs6O2NGdrs

only with otters

hahaha, classic film.

Otters are inordinately cute...playing with a rock in front of a human with a camera for like 10 minutes though is pretty suspicious. No doubt its next step was a sudden and vicious leap for the camera man's jugular.

News Comments > Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes
17. Re: Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes Nov 4, 2015, 21:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, if they are going to decide to sell these HD/remastered remakes, then they'll make bank. Classy move would be for previous owners to get them for free, but I doubt Activision is down with that.

Diablo 3, for all its problems, has more potential than D2 LoD vanilla though, in my opinion, although I'd definitely like to run through a D2 Aftermath or Median XL with massively improved graphics just for old time's sake.

1. Re: Into the Black Nov 4, 2015, 21:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Shit, glad to hear his surgery went well and he's recovering. He's doing very well, considering the shoes he had to fill were basically the size of football stadiums.

News Comments > GOG.com's Big Fall Sale
3. Re: GOG.com's Big Fall Sale Nov 4, 2015, 21:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Tehol wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 20:48:
Waiting for Witcher 3 price to come down.

Same, although yes, I've heard it's basically the greatest RPG in quite some time.

The backlog on Steam/Gog/Gamersgate/GMG etc. is already ridiculous, I will attempt to ignore this sale unless Witcher 3 hits like 5 dollars or something.

7. Re: Into the Black Nov 4, 2015, 09:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Scud wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 23:24:
Creston wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 22:08:
I'd say let the poor guy see the movie, but on the flipside, I doubt it's done? I mean, filming etc is done, but post production work and editing are undoubtedly still ongoing?
I don't know how close up until release they work on these things but I would hope at a month and a half out it would be mostly in the can by now.

Yeah, one would hope that shit is done. They should have already sent whatever master copy to the factory to start producing those Hard drives they send to the theatres.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 4, 2015, 09:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Haha, the tiny, almost microscopic booth in the corner, no doubt staffed by one unlucky intern. That would be hilarious if I didn't still have some irrational belief that Diablo 3 could be patched into greatness.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 4, 2015, 09:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 04:52:
Whoa, Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced on sale for $5.

I need to go ahead and finish my run through of Enhanced BG1/BG2, so far BG1 has been my nemesis, either my harddrive will die, or some other issue will cause me to format. I'll get back to it eventually!

Also, Kyn on sale, while we're talking isometric rpgs. *Disclosure: I bought this yesterday, haven't really had a chance to mess with it, been playing Victor Vran a lot. Kyn was on my wishlist though and my brain auto-bought it when it went below 5 dollars.

News Comments > Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials
2. Re: Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2015, 09:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit... 5.9 billion?

Casual phone games are just too huge, no wonder most larger game companies have totally sold out the past 10 years or so.

Of course the indie/kickstarter game scene has really improved, so it's not all bad.

But basically, even less money/man power will be spent on Diablo 3 now.

8. Re: Into the Black Nov 2, 2015, 20:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

harlock wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 19:03:
dude.... ash vs evil dead is the ultimate... holy shit its good

Agreed, I thought the first episode was pretty damned good for having about 25-30 years off.

I watched the first season of Dark Matter, and enjoyed it enough that I'll watch the second. Still, it's definitely a cable tv show, in terms of overall quality.

Fargo(the series) on the other hand... now that is high quality art. And the second season is shaping up to be superior to the first, which True Detective utterly failed on.

8. Re: Into the Black Oct 31, 2015, 02:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 22:37:
I am a seatbelt nazi. You get in MY car you put on YOUR seatbelt.

Same. The last thing I want in an accident is somebody else's body flying around, injuring me while I am securely belted in.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 30, 2015, 14:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 05:12:
Steam Halloween sale: 1877 things on sale. How am I supposed to even look at all that stuff?

I view 1877 things on sale as a missed opportunity. Had they gone with 1887 (Dracula published) or 1818 (Frankenstein published) it could have had a little secret meaning.

Luckily these days, most of those 1877 things are shovelware or things you already own from past sales. The Wishlist in Steam has been pretty good for me, as far as winnowing down any massive sale to just checking for the price drops on items I definitely want.

I did pick up Victor Vran so far, and it seems pretty interesting from the little time I've put in today.

9. Re: Cancer-killing viruses have finally arrived Oct 30, 2015, 11:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

PHJF wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 10:49:
The virus, called talimogene laherparepvec (T-VEC), is a genetically engineered herpes simplex virus that can help treat advanced melanoma.

This is it, folks; the beginning of the end. The FDA has approved the t-Virus.

*Side effects include: Dramatic loss of cognitive function, Insatiable hunger, Massive resistance to pain, Bottomless aggression. Also in *rare* cases, continued ambulatory movement after death.

Sea Lion on a kayak: Shortly after that video clip ends, the sea lion bites a huge chunk out of that guy's shoulder, leading to the first Were-Sea Lion in the US.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: FBI Plane surveillance Oct 30, 2015, 11:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

At first, upon reading that headline, I was like: 'wow, finally, the FBI is getting involved in stopping the massive number of murders that go on in Baltimore in any given year!'

Then of course, I read the story and realized they were just filming the protestors. Good work once again FBI, way to do something useful.

*EDIT* typo.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2015, 11:43.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 28, 2015, 21:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

So, basically Amazon wants to sell us every possible product, ever. I think the only thing they are missing currently is large scale vehicles, cars/planes/boats etc.

It'd be impressive, if it wasn't also so ominously evil.

2635 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo