Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3901 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
2. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund Sep 14, 2017, 10:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 10:27:
This sounds like rubbish.
The refund should never have been allowed if true.

Rubbish? Is it the amount that you think is fake, or the fact that some mini-cult spent X thousand dollars together to buy Star Citizen stuff?

I'm glad these guys got their refund, assuming this is a true story. The amount people are spending on that game is horrifying.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Sep 13, 2017, 23:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Heltorne wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 22:36:
It's only white people that are making a big fuss out of anything like this and have obviously not ever played an online game in the last 20 years. It sounds "bad" but more people use the "n word" or a variations such as "nig" or
"nigga" than you would think whether just in jest, rap or slang no matter what color they are. I don't think because someone says that word that makes them racist.

If you call somebody a racist slur as an insult, guess what, you're being racist. If for some reason you call somebody a racist slur as a compliment, you should at the very least, work on expanding your vocabulary.

What would ever lead you to believe "it's only white people" that care about this sort of racism being spewed out and absorbed by his audience?

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 12, 2017, 21:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 21:01:
Mouse Guard Movie Squeaks Ahead

Cool beans. For those who've never read the series, do. Also Ghost of a Tale is coming along quite nicely and should be done before Xmas so make sure to buy it!

Mouse Guard the graphic novel series, is high art. A movie based on that, written by the writer of Rogue One? UGGGGGHHHHHHH... It'll be terrible.

I think Rogue One is the only film in recent memory that I've disliked more with each subsequent viewing. So many garbage plot moments.

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Trailer
1. Re: The Evil Within 2 Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 20:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty sweet! I'm definitely getting this, although most likely not at full price, day one.

I loved the first one at a healthy sale price, probably would have apreciated it a little less at $60.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2017, 23:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yifes wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 22:29:

Just finished a Classic/Bronzeman run, and aside from two crash to desktops, I haven't experienced any of those issues.

The game runs much smoother and loads way faster than vanilla XCOM 2, and the additional content is fantastic.

Nice, like I said I'll definitely get it, but at this rate I'll probably play through Divinity:Original Sin 2 at least once before I get to War of the Chosen anyway.

News Comments > Outcast - Second Contact Trailer
3. Re: Outcast - Second Contact Trailer Sep 11, 2017, 23:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter Slade, Navy SEAL? Hrm, was his name that bad in the original?

Looks fairly interesting.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2017, 22:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Riggs is probably fine, about 65% of the state lost power though, so it could be a bit to hear from some people.

If he wasn't in the Keys, he probably avoided the worst of it, Florida lucked out in a lot of ways. It could have been 50 times worse.

Off topic:

Australian Dash Cam footage: wtf, is this a snuff film? pretty sure that T-boned white sedan got hit fatally.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Combat Trailer
18. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Combat Trailer Sep 11, 2017, 22:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks excellent. I can't wait! I don't think I'll run through the Director's Cut version of the first one before I play D:OS2 though...beat the vanilla version year(s) ago, loved it.

Got this on Gog, through the Kickstarter.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2017, 22:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Frijoles wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 12:46:
War of the Chosen is very buggy for me. I've had animations stop, dead bodies stand up, objectives not complete despite doing them (this one is annoying), and sometimes the camera stops following whomever is moving. It's starting to annoy me.

That sucks, although I do feel better now about holding off on buying this. I'll definitely get War of the Chosen eventually but I've seen quite a few bug complaints about it. Those of us who haven't jumped in yet can wait for a few patches.

Thanks, early adopters!

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Sep 9, 2017, 15:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

I liked Alpha Protocol quite a bit. By the time I got around to actually playing it, it had been patched up as well, I had no game breaking bugs or even major bugs that I can recall.

I'm pretty sure I completed the game with the No-Kill stealth path, aside from 1 or 2 story kills, but it's been awhile.

All that into consideration, I don't consider it their best RPG.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 9, 2017, 07:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

TheVocalMinority wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 00:33:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 19:48:
Ugh, Star Citizen. Can't even bring myself to make disparaging remarks now, everything has been said ad nauseam.

Well don't let that stop you. Oh I see that it hasn't, good job.

That's the post in this thread that triggered you? Not "toilets in exacting detail" ?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 8, 2017, 19:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, Star Citizen. Can't even bring myself to make disparaging remarks now, everything has been said ad nauseam.

News Comments > PUBG: 10 Million Down, 90 Million to Go
11. Re: PUBG: 10 Million Down, 90 Million to Go Sep 8, 2017, 08:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

The general level of FPS skill in people seems to be way down. Games like this are popular, but that new Quake will have a fraction of the player base, even being F2P, and Lawbreakers is a ghost town.

Moving around at high speed vertically seems to be too much for the public in general. Same fate can be applied to Titanfall 2.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 8, 2017, 08:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's a shame that this joker was the one to file a suit over this type of employment, from the article it sounds like he was...less than a model employee.

That form of employment is exploitive as hell though, definitely a harmful change for employees. Hopefully exploitive companies like Uber etc. get sued out of business.

News Comments > PUBG: 10 Million Down, 90 Million to Go
4. Re: PUBG: 10 Million Down, 90 Million to Go Sep 6, 2017, 21:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

$300 for a bandana in a video game? HAHA! Wow humanity is insane.

I'll take a look when this game is out of early access.

Have they locked graphic settings yet, ie. force shadows and grass, etc. ?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 6, 2017, 17:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 17:31:
What a bunch of morons. The only way to fix sex trafficking is to legalize like it is in Europe. Not the perfect solution, but it beats the hell out of anything these idiots come up with!

I think you mean legalize Prostitution. Even in countries where prostitution is legal, sex trafficking(sometimes of minors) is still a crime, and still a problem. Example: Australia. Legal prostitution, and they still have sex trafficking going on. Slavery, basically.

That said, this law is a broad scope attack by conservative politicians, and will not only be abused, but do nothing to stop actual sex trafficking of minors around the world. Police(some) and groups working against sex trafficking have already publicly expressed their disagreement with the proposed law.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2017, 23:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting discussion here, but you're all missing the most important thing: that He-Man and Skeletor video is the greatest (new) thing you can see on the internet right now.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 5, 2017, 23:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bard wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 18:48:
I think the CIA and NSA has done far more to undermine our security than Kapersky.

I work in IT security. I KNOW how many times I've had to deal with their shit, compared to Kapersky related stuff.

You aren't wrong, but that doesn't mean Kapersky isn't also a security risk.

Luckily they aren't the only AV company around.

For the average home user, use whatever AV floats your boat. Government agencies shouldn't be running Windows in the first place, but if they do, they should definitely be using something else for anti virus. Same goes for any company that wants to protect it's IP... stop using Windows, numbskulls.

News Comments > Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute "Silly"
21. Re: Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute Sep 5, 2017, 17:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

nhil wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 12:02:
I'll ignore the implicit assumption that MP was something that only Quake had. But I was making MP-only maps for Doom before it was released, not to mention the many Doom based MP services for non-local play (that were included in later version setups).

Exactly... users were making multiplayer Doom maps from probably late 1993? or early 1994, and on through Doom 2. Rise of the Triad in 1994 had multiplayer only maps also as well, as Romero and Tom Hall mentioned.

Not sure why Willits got into this shit when it's easy to see prior art, retail or modded.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Microtransactions?
20. Re: Destiny 2 Microtransactions? Sep 5, 2017, 01:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slightly off topic: Unreal Tournament (the new one) is still in pre-alpha, apparently.

This, right?

3901 Comments. 196 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo