Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4311 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2018, 17:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 16:36:
In "whoa" news a hawk just killed and ate a bird in my backyard. Didn't get a picture of him because he flew away as I came to the window but I did get some snaps of the pile of feathers and the one little leg and chunk of something fleshy he didn't eat. He was a beautiful raptor, not so much for the poor little guy that got all eated up though. Never really occured to me that feeding the birds and other rodents out there I may just be laying out a buffet for birds of prey.

What's a good site to upload the shots to? Is Photobucket or something still a thing? How about allowing jpg uploads or embeds, Blue?

imgur.com ? I think there have to be literally a billion photo jpg/gif/whatever upload sites now, I see a lot of stuff hosted on imgur though. Their policy must be pretty lax, storage space probably plentiful and so forth.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 25, 2018, 10:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fucking dumbass Swedes... ugh. Hopefully they get hacked immediately and get their biometrics stolen, on a small scale, so they realize how stupidly public any RFID type system is.

If you are too stupid to keep track of a keycard, you're too stupid to avoid getting your RFID chip info stolen by determined hackers.

That probably comes across as too harsh, but this is how we ended up with the Internet of Things botnets, and other public menaces; from people too lazy to do things securely and correctly.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 25, 2018, 10:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting moral dilemma (my apologies if you were taught to spell it dilemna ! )sure, but the real flaw here is poorly designed roads and crossways in most of the world that urge people to jaywalk in the first place.

Also, I'm not sure a survey of randoms is the best way to to design self driving car logic. How about a self-destructing or road-destructing brake system (for non-occupied transport vehicles only, obviously) that makes the vehicle/truck stop in a much shorter path, so neither group of bystanders or jaywalkers is hit? The universe isn't all binary choices, for fuck's sake. Self driving truck slams on the brakes, computer determines that's not enough deceleration, drives metal rods down into the pavement in the back and middle of the vehicle or something. Engineering has more answers than just kill X or Y groups of people, sheesh.

News Comments > Trine 4 Announced
6. Re: Trine 4 Announced Oct 25, 2018, 10:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Alamar wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 22:37:
So happy they're still in business... They had some financial issues with the development on 3.

Yeah... I swear I remember reading they went bankrupt because of Trine 3 or something? I could just be confusing them with one of the numerous other indies that have imploded lately.

I have all 3 Trine games, haven't finished the third though. I'll definitely be down for a fourth, but I really wish they'd turn their art team loose on a new Shadowgrounds game, that would be amazing.

News Comments > Pathfinder: Kingmaker Gets Free Bloody Mess DLC
4. Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Gets Free Bloody Mess DLC Oct 25, 2018, 10:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Harsh but fair in this thread. Still, I'm loving the game, hopefully they stick with it and patch this up fully. As far as I can tell, all the artisan questlines (side quests) seem to be broken somewhere in the chain, haven't finished any of them yet, due to missing quest pieces or areas not showing up.

Also, the kingdom management portion needs a serious rework or mod, it could be a game all by itself really, but the time frames for Projects vs Events are so out of whack it makes most Projects too risky to undertake. Why the hell would anyone tie up an Advisor or even your Baron PC for 14 to 120 days, where you CANNOT stop to run the barony/kingdom, and it burns to the ground basically?

Still, my squad is steamrolling right now in the questing portion, and my Kingdom is at Serene level, and growing. 5 Zones now, with some 2nd level towns. I'll try to finish the main questline with this group.

Also, this game desperately needs a Teleport mod. There are Barbarian NPCs you meet later who have witches who teleport them around, and you're telling me my burgeoning Barony can't scrape together some magic users to set up some Teleport gates/nodes or something? Is my guy still traveling on foot, for fuck's sake? Travel takes forever, even with light encumberance...

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale in March
3. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale in March Oct 24, 2018, 15:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

DangerDog wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 14:21:
2 years? That seems overly optimistic, unless fortnite field takes off.

I would say it'll be another three or four month multiplayer wonder, the Battlefield Royale mode will suck just enough people away from the core game modes to essentially kill it off. I'm not a fan of shrinking circles and last man standing type modes (especially with random players), give me a multiplayer mode with a team orientated goal to accomplish like Titan mode in BF2142.

Taking down an enemy Titan felt like you actually won the game.

That's going to be the real problem, yet again, for BFV. Whatever player base it has will be split up among 4-5 game modes, and then all but one will basically die off after a few months. Hopefully it's Conquest Large that survives, but who knows this time.

I only really play Conquest Large(64) in any BF game, occasionally some team DM or straight DM to grind unlocks in BF3/BF4. Battle Royale type games are not my cup of tea, but I'm afraid it will suck in quite a few people from the total BFV player pool.

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month
17. Re: HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month Oct 24, 2018, 15:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

ItBurn wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 14:23:
Hellgate is my favorite Diablo clone ever. I loved the game and would play more of it today in a heartbeat. The news that there's no multiplayer is a huge buzzkill though.

I've seen a couple people here and elsewhere with sentiments like this, and I have to wonder if we're still talking about the same game... I remember the beta(early retail?) release, vaguely, and the game was empty and boring, with less than stellar controls and pretty terrible graphics on top of it all.

It seems a little suspicious they're showing the same CGI non-gameplay video from the original release too, but I guess we'll see relatively soon what the game is like now.

Not expecting much though.

3. Re: Weird water phase "ice-VII" Oct 24, 2018, 11:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice, they even reference Vonnegut in the article. I guess someday in the future, people will hear on the news that some maniac destroyed Europa's oceans or something.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 24, 2018, 07:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well shit, it makes perfect sense, I'd be surprised if MOST games weren't more popular in the Mandarin version than the English version these days. Statistically that computes, assuming similar percentages of game players per population.

That said, I wonder how daunting of a task it is to get some contract workers to do a GOOD translation into Mandarin or any other language the developers aren't fluent in. I'm sure it can be half-assed remotely pretty easy, but a good or great translation? Good luck.

News Comments > 3D Realms Plans QUAKE-Engine Shooter
7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 24, 2018, 07:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Game developers today: "let's keep targeting that nostalgia, until we run all their childhood memories into the ground!"

These two projects sound somewhat interesting, but I think I'll avoid buying either one on principle alone, at least from what I'm reading at this point.

News Comments > Priest Simulator Announced
2. Re: Priest Simulator Announced Oct 22, 2018, 20:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks like a hilarious concept, also looks like I something I wouldn't actually spend money on.

Also the catholic priest jokes would simply be too easy.

News Comments > PC RDR2 Listing Follow-up
11. Re: PC RDR2 Listing Follow-up Oct 22, 2018, 15:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'll probably be up to buy the PC version of RDR2 when it comes out in like 2+ years, assuming it isn't microtransactioned beyond belief.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 21, 2018, 15:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, a copyright issue finally pulled that court video? I would have thought for sure it was because it involved a real transcript from a murder trial. Silly me.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
2. Re: Sunday Patches Oct 21, 2018, 15:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 21, 2018, 13:14:
CoD BlOps may be lowering server tic from 60hz to 20hz. Looks great on 144khz monitors but the lag is sweet. /s

Wow, 20hz, in this day and age? I guess the game was more popular than they anticipated, sounds like they are trying to run more game server instances per physical server. Big mistake, Activision.

Luckily I still have no real stake in this, avoided buying BlopsOutRoyale so far.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 21, 2018, 15:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2018, 14:29:
Mmm, Rimworld.

Biker

Name jokes aside, that game is pretty damned awesome. If you haven't tried it during the EA period, now is a good time to sink 40+ hours into the game.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2018, 22:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 15:16:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 13:36:
Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 10:40:
Just got a beta invite to Generation Zero. Did anyone else get in on this?

Hrm, hopefully that game turns out great! I don't beta test anymore(intentionally, buggy retail releases aside ) but I'm really interested in Generation Zero. Let us know how the beta is, please.

Not very good unfortunately. It's a console game first and foremost, there isn't even keymapping available. Graphics are strictly console. Have everything on ultra and it's still washed out and flat. There is literally nothing to do except walk around looting backpacks and such to find ammo to fight robots. No crafting, no building, no vehicles to use, no NPCs to interact with. And the map is huge. Way too big to just be traveling on foot everywhere. The world is well built and has a nice organic feel to it there's just nothing to do except fight robots. If they have more planned I have yet to hear about it. As it is now, it's a hard pass. Too bad because the idea and feel is pretty cool otherwise.

Well, that sucks, but that's not exactly surprising. The scope of the project(in order to make an actual good game out of it) sounded like it was going to be quite large. Not too shocking that it's mostly empty space. Oh well, another wasted game.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 19, 2018, 19:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Tax video games(of any maturity level) and give billions in tax cuts to any sports Stadium, or Amazon, or FoxConn construction project.

At least do some math before you announce these crazy plans, gubmint.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Flashpoint and Season Pass Details
7. Re: BATTLETECH Flashpoint and Season Pass Details Oct 19, 2018, 16:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

There are some surprisingly low reviews for this on GoG... apparently you have to make an account to log into Paradox's website for all content? Is that still the case, or have they fixed that for the Gog version?

Also, $80-90 for the 'full' game still? Sheesh. The price of game development these days.

News Comments > Star Citizen Physics Trailer
15. Re: Star Citizen Physics Trailer Oct 19, 2018, 13:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks cool, I look forward to playing the single player version of this game in 2042 or so.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
25. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 19, 2018, 10:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

bigspender wrote on Oct 19, 2018, 07:39:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 23:17:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 13:32:
Battlefield single player campaigns... lol!

An alternate history WWII game would have been so much better, oh well. I'll probably still end up getting BFV eventually.

We have alternate history WW2 games. They're called "Wolfenstein"

A battlefield-sized Wolf game would be great though.

I was somewhat vague, but clearly this is what I mean. a Battlefield game free from the constraints of 'historical realism' or whatever the hell people are expecting from BFV. Aka they should have just made BF2143, but maybe in a couple years.

I have all the new Wolfensteins, and obviously the old ones too. Great in single player, was there even multiplayer? I have no idea.

4311 Comments. 216 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo