Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2995 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Testing Skipping PCs
5. Re: Titanfall 2 Testing Skipping PCs Aug 15, 2016, 20:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

...and that plants Titanfall 2 firmly into the bargain bin. Thanks for the heads up, Respawn!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assault Squad 2: Men of War Origins This Month
2. Re: Assault Squad 2: Men of War Origins This Month Aug 13, 2016, 14:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

LittleMe wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 14:04:
The original is a great RTS, my favorite of the MoW games. I'm very glad they're remixing it but I'm not sure about this. I have a feeling it will be priced at $20 which is too high for me but $10 is doable. They should discount it for those who own the original.

Agreed, although I think I got the entire catalog of Men of War games (sans the AS2 from a few years back) off Bundle Stars for like 3 bucks.

*EDIT* Although their naming system is getting cumbersome... first there was Men of War, then Men of War:Assault Squad, then Assault Squad 2(with the new engine), AS2:MoW... even Steam is confused when you type in a partial title to search for it. Strangely enough, it says I already own this upcoming game, AS2:MoW-O? Hopefully that'll be a bank error in my favor, I definitely didn't buy it yet.

I'll definitely get this when it gets close to $10, the Men of War series is great. Looking forward to looting tanks and other vehicles in glorious updated graphics.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 in November
3. Re: Killing Floor 2 in November Aug 13, 2016, 12:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

007Bistromath wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 03:20:
I think they're only doing one more perk, and they've said it's not going to be the Martial Artist. The katana is a Berzerker weapon now, and it was always supposedly going to be for MA. So, I'm pretty sure they've cut MA and replaced it with whatever the unannounced tenth class is. I'm pretty sure they always said there would be ten classes on release.

No idea what it's going to be. It seems like they're already struggling to differentiate a few of the classes they have, though they're all fun to play. Commando just isn't worth the bother on full servers though, it's always less effective than something more specialized when you have a team big enough to cover all the bases.

Still, really great game, the beta has been cool.

Ah, yeah I admit I have not been following the developer news much lately, it would make sense that they either push back or cut Martial Artist entirely to be able to release by November.

Don't get me wrong; I've been enjoying the game a lot actually, ever since Early Access started, aside from that one brief period after the damage resistance patch, but most of that has been resolved by now.

All my perks are at 10-12ish, looking forward to whatever SWAT and class X end up being.

I still like Commando, although clearly it's not the strongest class. This isn't a game that requires absolute min-maxing, which is a good thing for a pub coop game honestly.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Intelligent people tend to be messy, stay awake longer, and swear more. Aug 13, 2016, 12:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 12:05:
See, I always told you fuckers I'm a fucking genius you twats!!11

Hrm, slight(or severe) insomnia, messy desks, cursing like a longshoreman; that covers probably more than a few people on Bluesnews, myself included.

Also, "How to (Not) Fix your Laptop." Mehdi should be making bank on Youtube by now, he always has educational and hilarious videos. Yet it's the complete jackasses with millions of subscribers making $500k+ a year there.

Finally, I wish it was only going to be 90 where I live, it's been positively fatal outside (heat index of 120+) for like two months.

News Comments > Police Simulator – Law Enforcement Announced
5. Re: Police Simulator – Law Enforcement Announced Aug 13, 2016, 00:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 23:28:
Will I be allowed to harass minorities, illegally confiscate personal property, illegally wiretap on anyone I choose, and never face any consequences for whatever misdeeds I may commit?

Only in "This is the Police," probably not this game.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 in November
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 in November Aug 12, 2016, 21:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Whoa, full release in November? They still have at least 2-3 perks to even release in Early Access... and quite a bit of fine tuning to do, although that will probably just go on after the official release anyway.

SWAT, Martial Artist, and maybe another perk? I forget. SWAT is in the beta version now (separate from Early Access version), but is missing the shield people were actually hoping for.

Good luck, Tripwire.

News Comments > The Witcher III Game of the Year Edition Confirmed
7. Re: Witcher 3 cometh with meade Aug 11, 2016, 21:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 21:30:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 21:08:
Soo... for people who already bought the game and expansion packs, do we get whatever patches come in the GotY version, or do we need to buy something(either the full GotY, or a step-up)?

I was just about to start Witcher 3, but got sidetracked by XCOM 2. Guess I'll wait a bit longer.

You shouldn't have to buy anything. As long as you're up to date on patches, got both expansions, and the free pieces of DLC (17 or so) you have the GOTY edition early. A patch released around the time of Blood and Wine revamped the UI.

Cool, thanks for the info. That's what I expected from CD Projekt RED; they aren't big on nickel and dime-ing people, but I wasn't sure.

News Comments > The Witcher III Game of the Year Edition Confirmed
5. Re: Witcher 3 cometh with meade Aug 11, 2016, 21:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Soo... for people who already bought the game and expansion packs, do we get whatever patches come in the GotY version, or do we need to buy something(either the full GotY, or a step-up)?

I was just about to start Witcher 3, but got sidetracked by XCOM 2. Guess I'll wait a bit longer.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 11, 2016, 13:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh. Crowd funding could work(and has, of course) for some projects, but we keep hearing about more and more of these scammers just completely blowing the money they take in.

I suppose this does happen in traditional funding situations also, but I feel terrible when I hear about a crowd funding scam where regular people get burned.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Aug 10, 2016, 13:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 09:38:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 21:56:
Bonus points for going out and finding the kid from the first film, or somebody who looks damn close.

I'll Netflix it at some point for sure.

Thought he was supposed to be back, but I've not checked IMDB...

First one was a fucking riot...

I thought the first one was pretty funny in spots, but damn, that kid did not get into shape after the first film. As a formerly morbidly obese person, I can (somewhat)safely say he is morbidly obese and needs to lose weight immediately.

Nobody likes exercise and eating responsibly, but it's not THAT bad, or hard.

3. Re: Into the Black Aug 9, 2016, 21:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bonus points for going out and finding the kid from the first film, or somebody who looks damn close.

I'll Netflix it at some point for sure.

News Comments > The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible
11. Re: The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible Aug 9, 2016, 10:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Evil Within was pretty entertaining, I'd be down for a sequel. If Resident Evil 7 does well(closest genre game obviously) I'm sure TEW2 will get bumped up the priority list by Bethesda.

I liked Rage enough to finish the game, although I did get it on one of the drastically reduced sales. I have to assume Bethesda will make a point to not have the same texture issues in a sequel. That said, his answer seems pretty clear: No Rage sequel in the near future, nothing being worked on at all in regards to Rage.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 7, 2016, 17:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

I finally bought XCOM2 off of an Amazon(physical disc) sale, loving it so far, even with all the timed missions. Collision physics for shots seems even worse than XCOM1 though, but it's fair at least. Both you and the aliens ignore walls and doors on some buildings, it seems.

More importantly, does anybody own "Slain:Back From Hell" on Steam? And has played it since the new patches? I'm probably just going to buy it anyway, since it's on sale for under 8 bucks now, but I was wondering if the control issues are gone or at least lessened.

The more people who buy No Man's Sky now, the more pressure there will be for them to patch it up well before I get around to buying it. Mwahahaha!

News Comments > No Man Sky Patch & Plans
9. Re: No Man Sky Patch & Plans Aug 7, 2016, 17:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quboid wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 13:17:
nin wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 12:27:
Next up we’re adding the ability to build bases and own giant space freighters

Reeessssiisstting urge...ugggg...wallet escaping from...pocket...must...stop...it...

Base building could be cool. I wonder how it will work with such a huge game world, do you warp back and forth from one base and build it up or make progressively fancier bases as you progress?

Stop! It's a trick! They will add interesting base building to make people spin their wheels(metaphorically or perhaps literally) in the middle of nowhere, creating massive base structures and having fun, instead of rushing to the center of the universe/galaxy and beating the game! Do not fall for their ruse!

Seriously though, that sounds intriguing, depending on how it turns out it may raise my sale price bar for this game.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans
14. Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans Aug 6, 2016, 17:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Still looking forward to picking this game up from the bargain bin for $9.99.

Also, ouch, server wipe, that 1 guy spent $1300 on the game to play early. Of course he already got to the center, so maybe he already uninstalled and is looking for his next overprice early release.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Weapons Trailer
7. Re: Battlefield 1 Weapons Trailer Aug 5, 2016, 12:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's still early, but based on previous games, I'm sure there will be a metric shit-ton of weapons for each class by the time it's all said and done.

And/or some cross class, shared weapons for some categories.

The only real problem will be balancing the bolt actions to make them damaging enough to be worthwhile with the reload time, vs having everybody running around with a one shot kill weapon with a sprint-bayonet on the front.

Still going to build a new desktop for this game, but I've given up on Windows 10, just going to use a Win 8.1 license with Spybot Anti-Beacon I think.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Aug 3, 2016, 13:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

I bought a Steam controller the last time it was on sale... it's not bad. Personally, I can't use a controller for shit compared to KB+Mouse, but that's just decades of experience with KB+M vs these new style controllers.

I don't know that I'd ever bother to put the time into a controller with any FPS though, seems like a waste of effort for me at least. Still, good opportunity to pick up DOOM and a controller for those who have neither.

News Comments > Vikings – Wolves of Midgard Trailer
2. Re: Vikings – Wolves of Midgard Trailer Aug 3, 2016, 13:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty interesting; yet another game to add to my Steam Wishlist.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Announced
1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Announced Aug 2, 2016, 10:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's a bit early, and that teaser trailer is scant on gameplay of course, but color me intrigued.

Hopefully this turns out well, in an X-Com-y sort of way.

2. Re: Into the Black Aug 2, 2016, 07:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Great Alan Moore quote about comics vs film, but I think most old school comic fans knew the movie would fail to fully live up to source material.

The movie wasn't terrible, but the comics were amazing when they came out, and are still great today.

The author ends his video with some optimistic views, but I'm starting to think all this money and attention for comic movie adaptations is hurting the original art form more than helping draw attention to it.

2995 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo