Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2593 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 25, 2015, 13:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

... it has been like 3-4 weeks in a row now... how is Counter Strike:GO still on this list? Who doesn't have CS:GO at this point?

Unless there was a mass banning recently, and cheaters are stockpiling more keys or something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies Oct 23, 2015, 19:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

DukeFNukem wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 18:45:
I thought this was a free game? I must be thinking of something very similar.

Curse your devious trolling! Path of Exile (PoE) != Pillars of Eternity (PoEt!)

Congrats Obsidian, it took (quite) awhile, but the game is great now.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 23, 2015, 15:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

...on the one hand I have already bought a bunch of HD remakes, so I can't really protest too much, but surely the multi-billion dollar games industry can make some NEW games?

Of course, the multi-billion dollar movie industry does the same thing, so maybe it's completely a lost cause.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: The First Person to Run a Marathon Without Telling Anyone. Oct 23, 2015, 09:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hilarious premise, but it went on to long. Wasted Opportunity!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 22, 2015, 22:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow. Utterly ridiculous. The RIAA and MPAA need to die already.  

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Video
9. Re: DOOM Alpha Video Oct 22, 2015, 22:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

It looks ok, it's still alpha so who knows. I'm more interested in the single player to be honest. Multiplayer FPS, I'm still doing BF4 if I do any at all, no real desire to go back to 1996 style DM games.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Opens Esports Division
1. Re: Activision Blizzard Opens Esports Division Oct 22, 2015, 11:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Later that day, Kotick added, "by the way, if you didn't think Diablo 3 was basically ignored before this, now you know we seriously don't give a f_ck about that game, haha!" *

*Quote may or may not be real.

Ignored is probably too harsh, but clearly Blizzard is going all in on their other online competitive games at this point. There are probably like 5 people left working on Diablo 3 patches.

News Comments > Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide Trailer
8. Re: Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide Trailer Oct 20, 2015, 20:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, this actually looks really good, and Killing Floor 2 is stilll months away... I may have to get this.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 19, 2015, 14:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:48:
Who's the Mouseless Joe Jackson of the eSports world?

Hehehehe

News Comments > Broforce Released
2. Re: Broforce Released Oct 15, 2015, 21:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

If for some reason you don't have this game yet, I highly recommend it. It's fun and amusing, with pretty good controls/mechanics. I do recommend turning off Auto-Switch on picking up new heroes though.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 15, 2015, 21:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

InBlack wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 15:09:
harlock wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 13:20:
i thought it was on par with BG1 at the time that came out... pretty good, fairly solid - nothing spectacular

Not me. The gameplay mechanics and rules were fine, but the actual setting and story was nowhere near as interesting as BG and the Sword Coast. I actually played BG before I ever did any live role-playing with AD&D....

This is a somewhat unfair criticism; sure, the Sword Coast is a more developed setting, but a lot more hours went into fleshing that out than went into PoEt's setting.

Unfortunately Pillars of Eternity is never going to be the mega success that BG1 and really, BG2 was. it's a new setting, with different mechanics from D&D that will eternally piss people off just by being slightly different, but similar enough to remind people of the missing BG3.

It's still pretty damned good, and far, far better now (patches + expansion) than it was on release day. Hopefully Obsidian really has the hang of the setting and mechanics by the time they get to Pillars 2, and make something comparable (enjoyment wise, at least, no game will ever be as big as BG2) to BG2.

There are currently no weak classes, every weapon group has some nice options, most skills and spells are useful. Only nagging issue for me is the Rest system, it's unnecessarily annoying, but IEMod resolves that.

News Comments > The Age of Decadence Begins
11. Re: The Age of Decadence Begins Oct 15, 2015, 20:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 20:32:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 19:09:
harlock wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 18:37:
apparently you can win the game 100% non-violent.. no combat - if you want

So what fallout did around 20 years ago? (my god i'm getting old)

Hmm, could you play through Fallout completely avoiding combat? All I remember is shredding radscorpions with my minigun and frying mutants with my plasma rifle.

Exactly... I could have tried to avoid all combat in Fallout, but then all those bullets and energy charges would have just gone to waste.

News Comments > Grey Goo Free Weekend
2. Re: Grey Goo Free Weekend Oct 15, 2015, 20:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 19:37:
Time to give this a try

Good luck, I hope you find it more enjoyable than I did. I bought this during one of the sales, and found it pretty underwhelming.

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
32. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 12:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

EEEEVERYONNNNEEE!!!

cue scene of the whole metropolitan police force descending upon one apartment building.

Ah Luc Besson, what happened?

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders II Now Free-to-Play
1. Re: Dungeon Defenders II Now Free-to-Play Oct 14, 2015, 03:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's still in Alpha of course, but this game seems way more grindy (for items) and far more simplified than Dungeon Defenders 1. Oh well, there are RPGs to play anyway.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released
26. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released Oct 13, 2015, 16:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 16:14:
but what the hell, did you guys only play the original version on release day then never again? It got patched up quite nicely, and has been playable for at least 7-10 months.

Many of the significant number of quest bugs took several patches to actually fix and it wasn't done in a 2 week time period or something.

Well, true, it took them a couple of slow patches. But what did you expect, this is basically Black Isle/InXile people...there was no way it was going to be bug free the first month.

Anyway, moot point now; Director's Cut version is out. I'll try to stay almost entirely away from Assault Rifles this time, see how the balance is now. So far just piddling around, game seems stable and clean, haven't had a chance to really check out the quest chains obviously.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released
21. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released Oct 13, 2015, 14:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm still downloading the Director's Cut, so I haven't had a chance to look at the camera, but what the hell, did you guys only play the original version on release day then never again? It got patched up quite nicely, and has been playable for at least 7-10 months.

Assault Rifles were strong in the original, no doubt. But the rest of the guns were all close to being as good, with the exception of the Heavy Weapon gatling guns. Hopefully the DC version addresses this sufficiently.

I have a couple days off, so I'll burn through a decent portion of the Director's Cut this week and take a decent look at it.

*EDIT* Hrm, camera is a bit more locked currently than the original Wasteland 2, but hardly unplayable. I'd like the loose auto-following of the party turned off but you can just use WASD to move it around while your party is moving anyway.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2015, 15:45.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2015, 11:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

ledhead1969 wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 11:21:
"What Exxon knew about the Earth's melting Arctic"

Meanwhile, back in reality: http://bit.ly/1QdhLsn

Trend lines are hard.

Hrm, source material for that chart with no author listed?

*EDIT* ah getting around bit.ly it's there. Also take a closer look:

here

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2015, 11:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 10:53:
If they wre going to make a new show related to Martin they should do the Aces & Jokers series. That'd probably do amazingly well.

The Wild Cards series? I love that series more than it seems it should be possible, and I'm afraid they would just ruin it or turn it into a shitty version of Heroes or something. Especially since the best books take place in the 40s to 80s, it'd be an alternate universe period piece that would require (probably) a staggering budget before they even got to good CGI for the powers and mutations.

Also, since George RR Martin was just the editor for a lot of the original short stories, there may be some weird licensing issues.

I'd still be required to watch it of course.

Still, they did pretty good with GoT, at least HBO did. I haven't had Cinemax in years, so who knows how their in house studios are.

End result of this, George RR Martin will never finish the Song of Ice and Fire series in his lifetime.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Oct 9, 2015, 23:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 23:22:

So still working on 20 year old mods in that case?

I'd criticize Valve, but they are making such stupid amounts of money for the aforementioned cleaned up versions of mods, and Steam itself, that they can basically do nothing but snort coke off of the asses of high price courtesans all day long at this point.

It'd probably be hard for most people to get motivated in their situation.

2593 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo