Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2638 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2015, 11:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 10:14:
Guy Throws a Surprise Inside His Buddy's Guitar While Playing.

That's not very cool at all...

Good way to lose an eye, or some fingers. The guitar player's next step should have been to kick the shit out of firework guy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2015, 11:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, good. More people can get Sins of a Solar Empire:Rebellion without having to bother with Steam.

SoaSE:R is still a great game, too bad there seems to be no interest on the developer side in making a SoaSE2.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2015, 23:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

A real man would grab that tentacle with his mouth, failing that, stop the knife with his face!

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 20, 2015, 23:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Shit. That base building aspect of Fallout 4 looks pretty good. I was going to hold off on Fallout 4 for awhile, now I'm a bit tempted. Still, the queue is ridiculous. Oh well, it's a sure thing, eventually.

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer
9. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer Nov 19, 2015, 19:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Excellent posts, I'll be waiting for a sale+mods/patches then.

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer
1. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer Nov 19, 2015, 10:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I am somewhat interested in this game, but that has to be one of the least useful trailers ever made, in terms of what the actual gameplay is like. Sheesh.

News Comments > Hard West Released
4. Re: Hard West Released Nov 18, 2015, 21:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game looks pretty sweet, wishlisted it. I've still got to burn down the backlog a bit though before I buy anything else.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: Roar Uthaug to helm Tomb Raider Reboot. Nov 18, 2015, 16:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Lol, did anyone check to see if that guy is an orc?

"Roar Uthaug," now that is one hell of a name.

Of course, the article lists the screenwriter as somebody who "co-wrote Transformers 5" so the film cannot possibly be good. Oh well.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 16, 2015, 11:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nothing to see here, completely reasonable request to prevent people from overlapping bandwidth/interference issues.  

News Comments > Second Pillars of Eternity Expansion in January
2. Re: Second Pillars of Eternity Expansion in January Nov 16, 2015, 11:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweet. I was a bit annoyed, my leveled party from before the first part of the expansion was having trouble finding enough people to unlock all the new Soulbound weapons, at least the x Kills ones.

Those need a patch, honestly. If you don't get them early on you will have a bit of a hassle finding enough of those monster types period, let alone allowing your one guy holding the weapon to get the kill shot.

Mini-quests for each weapon (like the Grey Sleeper) would have been far better.

Still, it's overflowing RPGs and ARPGs right now, so I don't mind too much.

News Comments > TRANSFORMERS: Devastation DLC
8. Re: TRANSFORMERS: Devastation DLC Nov 15, 2015, 11:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 02:15:
Meh... total GoBots ripoff.

You...you...*AARRRGH!*

News Comments > TRANSFORMERS: Devastation DLC
2. Re: TRANSFORMERS: Devastation DLC Nov 14, 2015, 16:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game is fucking gorgeous! I say that without having purchased it yet of course, but from videos and stills it seems absolutely beautiful. I'm right in the target demographic though.

I'll definitely get it when it goes on sale, should be amusing and nostalgic enough to warrant a sale price buy.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Nov 13, 2015, 12:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mmm... hot, fresh, azodicarbonamide!

I haven't eaten in McDonald's in probably 12 years, although I am considering swinging by at some point for the all day breakfast. Sometime well after Thanksgiving/Christmas feasting though.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Free DLC Plans
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Free DLC Plans Nov 13, 2015, 10:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks pretty good, actually. I'm still playing BF4 every so often, whenever I get that FPS urge... I can't bring myself to ever buy another CoD, I think. I've skipped them all post-CoD4.

I'll probably pick up Star Wars Battlefront when it's on sale, it looks pretty hilarious; but I think I'm done spending 100 bucks for content that doesn't even exist yet(future DLCs).

News Comments > Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS
2. Re: Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS Nov 13, 2015, 10:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 10:16:
If memory serves, Valve were also the ones who introducted that whole PowerPlay (or whatever it was called) thing that was going to magically make latency disappear.

They're very good at promising things.

Well, how new is SteamOS, vs several Decades of Windows development? Those are some huge percentages(58%!!) but it's a little early to call this as over.

SteamOS is a nice idea, hopefully they improve it over time. Also, the whole OpenGL/Vulkan issue isn't fully resolved yet, right? Still at the promise stage, but Vulkan does look... promising.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Nov 12, 2015, 13:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sigh... Blizzard. What's up? You used to be so cool, now you are trying to force collectors to waste time in Seasons just to unlock storage space in Non-Seasons. (Diablo 3).

Stop, man, just stop.

On the plus side Seasonal Exclusive Legendaries are gone, but arguably this Stash Space change is even worse. For Solo(actual solo) players especially... good luck getting to GR50 if you don't leech off groups, let alone beating T10 rifts in 3 minutes, etc.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible
21. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 12, 2015, 13:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Parias wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 12:17:
SS2 co-op was so amazing. I still have great memories of seeing how much shit we could pile into the elevator and bring between levels - we always designated one person the "inventory lackey" who was responsible for hauling around all the potted plants, basketballs, and other random shit we found to store in there.

Haha, I did this for awhile until I realized it was just my OCD tendencies kicking in, then I left all that junk somewhere and never looked back.

I don't think I ever played the original System Shock, or if I did I don't recall it at all now. I'm looking forward to a remastered version.

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Campaign Trailer
1. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Campaign Trailer Nov 12, 2015, 13:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks pretty interesting, actually. What's with the suddenly(seemingly) interest in Mordheim/Warhammer Rat Bashing games?

Both this and Vermintide seem pretty sweet at a glance, although I'm not overly familiar with this setting.

Only knock against Vermintide seems to be its grindy nature, and this is still in Early Access, so anybody out there have first hand experience/recommendation for either/both games?

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Bot Maker
1. Re: Blizzard Sues Bot Maker Nov 11, 2015, 20:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Ha ha!" - Nelson Muntz

Now, if Blizzard would only get around to actually banning/blocking the bot users... at least for Diablo 3, no clue how (in)effective they've been in their other games.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 10, 2015, 21:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

ldonyo wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 17:20:
I really wish one of the Justices that doesn't think warrants should be required for some type of search gets tossed into prison on evidence found through a warrantless search.

That'd be outstanding, but of course that sort of thing only happens to the little people, preferably non-white little people. I mean the impoverished and powerless, not midgets/dwarves.

*EDIT* Also, the defendant's name, holy SHIT that is strong! Quartavious! It's like a Key and Peele sketch come to life, damn. And 162 years for robbery? What the hell kind of sentencing is that?

2638 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo