Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2903 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway
42. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 23, 2016, 20:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Acleacius wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 20:14:

I saw the article too, but wasn't it sort of speculation? It just seemed like something the RIAA drm, PR people try to push to justify all their lawsuits.

Well, based on previous issues with G2A and stolen credit card-purchased game keys, and this more recent set of events I think I'm done with G2A, but each to his own.

At this point I am leaning towards paying a bit more on Steam or Gog or even some of the more reputable key resellers on isthereanydeal.com or something, and trying to avoid G2A and some of the sketchier ones, for the sake of game developers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway
40. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 23, 2016, 19:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 16:09:

Virtually all of mine are only 10% off. I don't see a single game I want at a sale price I deem fair atm. And G2A is still crushing most of those prices.

Don't buy off of G2A if you can stand it. There was an article on here a few days ago, many stolen credit card rings are buying game keys and reselling them on G2A, and G2A doesn't seem to be doing much at all about it.

More on topic: I may have reached peak Steam ownership for awhile, no good sales on my wishlist at all at the moment.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Second Assault for Free
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Second Assault for Free Jun 22, 2016, 20:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm kind of glad EA is slowly releasing all of the DLC for free, BF4 servers are packed these days, pretty easy to find a full server any time of day for almost any game type. For awhile there it was Metro only.

BF4, still the most fun multiplayer FPS currently out, to me of course. Overwatch addicts will disagree.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 22, 2016, 20:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Eeesh... that sucks for them, and yet another reason to never use G2A or any other key reseller site again. Looks like ultra cheap games are too good to be true.

Makes sense though, what a slick way to launder stolen credit cards.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Outlaw Sectors DLC
3. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Outlaw Sectors DLC Jun 22, 2016, 20:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Frijoles wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 20:34:
One of my favorite games, but I want to see a new one. Not DLC.

Same, but I think we're out of luck for a SoaSE2. They went whole hog on that MOBA that completely tanked, and I think Ironclad(who made the majority of SoaSE with assistance from Stardock) is probably bankrupt. This DLC is probably just to keep them afloat.

All of that said, I love me some SoaSE:R, and I'll probably buy this.

Had to look it up: their MOBA is Sins of a Dark Age.

Then again, maybe I'm being way too pessimistic, and Stardock will license their Ashes of the Singularity engine(or some version of) to Ironclad to make SoaSE2 and all will be right in the universe.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Jun 22, 2016, 19:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 13:54:
Clash of Clans Dev Acquired by League of Legends Owner for $8.6 Billion…

Jesus H. Christ on a stick. I don't know which one is more mindboggling: that Clash of Clans is worth 8 billion, or that LoL just happened to have $8B laying around. And I thought the Minecraft deal was ridiculous...

I'm not that surprised Clash of Clans is considered to be worth that much, they picked a great Pay to Win treadmill format (for them) and they attacked customers with zero prior MMO defense for that sort of thing. I know plenty of people whose kids or they themselves have spent hundreds to thousands of dollars on that skinner box game. None of those people had ever heard of a MMO or ever really dealt with micro-transactions on that scale, and got sucked in pretty easily.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 22, 2016, 19:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

saluk wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 18:08:
To be fair, 3.5mm jack is pretty terrible, wears out easily (on both device and headphones) and eventually I don't think losing it would be a bad thing.

3.5mm jack isn't great, but it's DRM free and very cheap, compared to whatever proprietary jack/connection Apple wants to force people to pay for in the future.

That said, I don't buy Apple products anyway, I just hope their madness doesn't spread to other manufacturers.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Space Marines Released
2. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Space Marines Released Jun 22, 2016, 18:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

I loved this game at first, but it kinda turns into a slog, in my opinion. I suppose it's good that the AI plays well, but I simply don't find it enjoyable anymore. Even with perfect bomb placements and good turning, my ships still take a shitload of damage, and I've yet to find a mission where I can actually bring ALL of my ships; usually you are only allowed like 300 Point fleets or some other extremely small number.

Debating whether to plow through and finish the campaign or just uninstall, soo much other stuff in the queue.

News Comments > LIMBO for Free
10. Re: LIMBO for Free Jun 22, 2016, 18:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

descender wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 13:47:
PlayDead (the developer for LIMBO) has a new game launching in July. This is just a PR move to attract customers to their games.

Good for them, then. I bought Limbo on sale or in a bundle or something a few years back, thought it was pretty interesting. Finished it in a few hours, as it is pretty short, but I don't think they asked much for the game even at full price.

*EDIT* Typo.

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2016, 20:54.

News Comments > Screeps Early Access
6. Re: Screeps Early Access Jun 21, 2016, 07:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Baristan wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 02:15:
The registration free demo is interesting.
Would buy it, but $9 a month is too much for me to spend on a game like this.
Will wait to see how the single player turns out before purchase.

Whoa... what the devil!? Literally a MMO with a monthly fee? I cannot possibly scoff any harder than I am right now. *scoffs* Count me out then until single player.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jun 20, 2016, 22:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah, based on the stellar reviews everybody gives Witcher 3, I'm really looking forward to it. I'm struggling to finish up some other stuff first, then I'll finally get around to W3.

Hopefully it doesn't sour all other rpgs for me or anything, namely Fallout 4, which I plan on getting eventually.

*EDIT* Also, I can understand people not liking Pillars, they made some questionable choices for sure. I wonder how the people who didn't like Pillars much end up liking Obsidian's new game, Tyrant, and how far from PoEt they stray in the design. Of course that's years out at this point probably.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 6
4. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 6 Jun 20, 2016, 21:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 20:43:
How the fuck is a video (Death Stranding) even on a top 10 list?
It IS A GAMES LIST RIGHT?

Uh, invisible oil babies, dead whales, floating aliens/robots/whatevers, glistening buttocks, why haven't you already pre-ordered?

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 6
3. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 6 Jun 20, 2016, 21:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, that Polygon article made me actually take a closer look at Resident Evil 7(which I had utterly ignored as the past couple put me to sleep) and it looks like it may end up being pretty good.

Dammit, yet another game to add to the queue.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 20, 2016, 21:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yet another example of how people REALLY shouldn't put a lot of money into any crowdfunding project, or really ANY money at all. It's not a preorder, it's a donation to strangers.

Disclaimer: I have put 15-25 dollars into Pillars of Eternity, Grim Dawn, and a couple other Kickstarters.

Sometimes that bum really will just use your money to buy some alcohol.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: longest day/night Jun 20, 2016, 21:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

PHJF wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 11:19:
Man, last I had heard Westworld was on hold or something. Looks like one of the more ambitious projects for television, even by HBO standards.

I hate to say it, but that trailer has me amped up for HBO's remake of Westworld. Ed Harris is an excellent choice, assuming he's taking over Yul Brynner's character. Normally I'd be up in arms for somebody to try to redo such a classic, but based on HBO's pretty high quality work, they may be able to do it justice.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jun 20, 2016, 21:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 13:29:

Except this film is really only successful in China, where it had a lot going for it.

In other territories, particularly the US, it's an absolute bomb.

That kind of is the definition of film success now; there are almost 2 billion potential movie goers in China... most blockbusters target Chinese audiences at least partially. I can't wait for Hollywood to realize how big the Indian market is(another 1+ billion) and start adding Bollywood style dance numbers to every movie.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 20, 2016, 21:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

BitWraith wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 16:23:
Yeah I thought the movie was OK. Wasn't amazing. Wasn't horrible.

If you're a fan of crap 80s fantasy movies like Krull etc, there is something in Warcraft to appreciate.

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not bring the American Classic Krull into this.

Krull, Ice Pirates, Time Bandits, the 80s had a ton of awesomely bad movies.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 20, 2016, 21:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

PoEt 60% off, now's your chance to gift out a few copies, Cutter and other major PoEt fans.

Disclaimer: I borderline loved PoEt; hopefully PoEt 2 will be the greatest rpg of this era.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr Videos
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr Videos Jun 20, 2016, 21:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, they are REALLY exploiting the Warhammer licenses now, aren't they? There are probably a dozen Warhammer or 40k or whatever games either recently released or already revealed at this point.

Of course I am part of the problem, I've bought my fare share.

This looks like a pretty terrible ARPG though, based on this alpha footage. Slow and plodding. Hopefully they work on the speed a bit as time goes on.

*EDIT* wtf, beaten by ONE minute by Tipsy.

News Comments > Screeps Early Access
3. Re: Screeps Early Access Jun 20, 2016, 18:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

"And, unlike other MMO, you do not have to play Screeps constantly to play well. It is quite enough just to check once in a while to see if everything goes well. "

Haha! A more game-oriented version of Progression Quest!

That said, this is pretty interesting, I'm tempted to get it, if only to see how rusty I am.

Seems like a more abstract version of Dwarf Fortress, in a good way.

2903 Comments. 146 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo