Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4253 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Extended Vampyr Video
9. Re: Extended Vampyr Video May 24, 2018, 22:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, now I need to go back and play Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption and Bloodlines. Both great games, and I'm curious to see how much better Bloodlines is with the insane level of unofficial patching that has been done...that game was a buggy mess on release day, let me tell you.

I'll definitely get Vampyr at some point, although probably on sale.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free DLC
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free DLC May 24, 2018, 22:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game will be vastly improved by a mod to allow 6 players into the party at once.

Or more, for that matter. 5 is too few!

It's not even a difficulty thing, it's a "my whole crew needs to be out here, kicking ass together" thing.

Of course the next mod would be added difficulty/more creatures in fights etc.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
34. Re: Morning Metaverse May 23, 2018, 22:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, I didn't realize we had accounts on here taken over by Russian spammers?

Scheherazade - Putin has literally murdered his political rivals, invaded other sovereign nations, and you are defending him? Organized attempts by Russian intelligence services to alter the US election process are deliberate acts of war. The US government is definitely guilty of many crimes, but that doesn't excuse any transgressions by Russia.

Not really surprising at all that you think a US President being compromised by Russian intelligence services is no big deal, because hey, it "helps everyone."

I'm glad you outed yourself, although it's a shame we can't escape this propaganda shit even on a video game site.

News Comments > Battlefield V in October
8. Re: Battlefield V in October May 23, 2018, 22:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

DICE should have just manned up and done a pure fantasy/sci-fi/alternate reality game, although technically they still have time to announce this as such.

Building and repairing can be good in a fps, having people carry even LESS ammo to force them to rely on squad/team resupplies though, and other forced 'teamwork' design changes usually end up being more annoying than useful.

Anyway, I'm mildly interested; DICE's art team is still stupendous, tech looks great from what's shown here, but I think all the forced social/1000 hour grind shit might make me skip this in the end.

News Comments > Battlefield V Set in WW2?
26. Re: Battlefield V Set in WW2? May 23, 2018, 07:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on May 22, 2018, 11:29:
Maybes its like that one other series. You're in the future and have to step into a DNA-Memory Virtual Machine and end up in WW2.

That would honestly make the most sense, they just use all their weapons/stats from their previous games and make a monster game, with a couple maps for each time period. Wider audience appeal, with their SWBF2 business model of cosmetic microtransactions or something to pay for it. Get all that nonsense out of the way before BF2143.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition
8. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition May 23, 2018, 07:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm interested, but I think I'll wait for some more reviews... I hear the core gameplay isn't changed enough, aka still mostly bland L4D ripoff/homage in WH40K clothing.

Hopefully it's awesome in coop though.

News Comments > Tencent and Grinding Gear
2. Re: Tencent and Grinding Gears May 21, 2018, 10:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Noooooooooo! *Gasps for breath* NOOOOOOOoooooooooo!

I haven't gone back to PoE in awhile, but this cannot be good for the players of the game.

Good luck, Grinding Gear, I hope the money (probably a shitload) is worth it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 May 21, 2018, 01:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jerykk wrote on May 21, 2018, 00:35:
It's good that they're focusing on bugs, though. There are some pretty major ones, like one of Xoti's lantern passives giving your party resistance to friendly spells as well as hostile ones. There's also a bug with the Driving Flight passive, making the bounce projectile target friendlies.

WHAAAAAAAT?!?? I just broke down and spent the 5k and resources to upgrade Xoti's lantern, all my guys just gained 21% spell resist...to healing spells.

Sigh.

News Comments > Battlefield V Reveal Hype
19. Re: Battlefield V Reveal Hype May 20, 2018, 21:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Chronologically:

BF1, BF1942, BF1943, BF Vietnam, BF 2 / BFBC1/ BFBC2 /, BF3, BF4, BF2142.

So yeah, all they have left for 'real' conflicts would be the Korean war; or some 80s level conflict: Granada, Afghanistan(Russians); 1967 6 Day War (Israel vs Arab nations); the Falklands, etc.

My guess is, fictional, relatively near future, 2050-2100ish, so pre BF2142, probably no mechs, but a ton of leeway for cool sci-fi weapons and vehicles.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 20, 2018, 15:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

Uh, fucking GOOD.

Fucking imaginary coin mining driving up the price of video cards and memory...utterly ridiculous. Go swarm to some other get rich quick scheme, and stop messing up my hobby, people.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2018, 15:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on May 20, 2018, 14:28:
Oh man. As much as I like to joke about "Obshittian" it is kind of painful to see no sign of Deadfire anymore in the second week after its release .

Sure, they've brought this upon themselves with a history of buggy and shitty releases so I'm hoping they will get a second, third... sales push once the patches and DLCs are out.

Deadfire is a decent game at its core (89 MC average does not lie in this case) and it deserves to do much better than some lame, old, dumb MP garbage like R6 Siege which is a disgrace to its once glorious franchise.

Deadfire is a good game, from the 50 or so hours I've put into it so far. I've stopped because I finally found a quest bug that I think might be major, although it is for a side quest, and may be 'intended' behavior. It is definitely selling better on Gog than Steam though. I think the single player RPG crowd is more interested in Gog's platform these days... I know I definitely am.(for single player!)

3. Re: Battlefield V Reveal Hype May 20, 2018, 15:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

More on topic: BFV, a new setting: A post apocalyptic world, with V irus infected zombies! Plus you have to fight in a huge battle royale! And you can build staircases, maybe, if our engine can handle it!

2. Re: Battlefield V Reveal Hype May 20, 2018, 15:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

rawbelly wrote on May 20, 2018, 14:51:
This may not make sense to many people, but I haven't even felt like playing a BF game since they took out runways. The idea of spawning in a plane is just ridiculous to me. Fighting over planes and strafing runways WAS Battlefield. Back in my day you had to earn your plane! You whippersnappers and your instant gratification

I understand your mentality completely, but I'm sure DICE looked at the trade-off of plane-nubs trying take off and instantly crashing(and never flying again for 95% of the people) and 'realism.' Personally I don't care either way, I just hate it when planes get wasted, either via runway crash or used as a one shot transport, or used to ram.

News Comments > FAR: Lone Sails Released
3. Re: FAR: Lone Sails Released May 19, 2018, 08:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on May 18, 2018, 14:43:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 18, 2018, 11:30:
Hrm, this game looks awesome, I may just risk it at $14.99.

Someday in the near future, my Gog library will surpass my Steam library, which has admittedly come to basically a standstill.

Just be sure you realize it's a 2-3hr game...

Well, 2-3 good hours can be better than 10 mediocre hours, but I get what you're saying. If it's great, I'd love to support a new(?) group of developers, so they can make a bigger/better next game. Also I usually end up taking longer than the suggested time for almost any games, wandering around or wasting time fiddling with stuff.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Free Weekend
2. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Free Weekend May 19, 2018, 08:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Speaking of which, I should go back and finish this game. Zero combat(optionally) is a little boring to me, but the writing was pretty decent.

I will need to win the lottery or something, to be able to quit my job and have enough time to play all of these various titles though.

News Comments > FAR: Lone Sails Released
1. Re: FAR: Lone Sails Released May 18, 2018, 11:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, this game looks awesome, I may just risk it at $14.99.

Someday in the near future, my Gog library will surpass my Steam library, which has admittedly come to basically a standstill.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 17, 2018, 22:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kxmode wrote on May 17, 2018, 21:26:
No Manís Skyís big multiplayer update launches in July.

The full game was funded by people like me who bought into Murray's blatant lies. He promised multiplayer AT launch, not two years later.

so you're saying if we're still on the fence, we should finally buy it after July if we can get it on sale?

News Comments > Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed
23. Re: Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed May 17, 2018, 11:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on May 17, 2018, 05:06:
https://i.redd.it/4fibjvsf6dy01.jpg

That's an impressive spoiler list!

So WW2 BF, Anthem is apparently terrible since it needs Snoop Dogg and Zac Effron to sell it, they are paving the way for a Boba Fett movie(?), and the Dragon Age series gets another probably non-Dragon Age 1-like entry.

That sucks, I was still holding out hope that Anthem would at least turn out to be some fun coop; my dwindling coop group has been playing bargain bin The Division and Killing Floor 2, and we're in need of another game pretty soon.

I suppose it's pointless to have hope that the Star Wars Bounty Hunter game(or Battlefront expansion??) turns out well.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization May 16, 2018, 23:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Blockchain, when you want sell the idea of anonymity but the reality of records for EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION(or call I guess?) EVER.

We're living in one of the dark timelines. A dark, stupid, stupid, timeline.

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 at E3?
19. Re: No Borderlands 3 at E3? May 16, 2018, 23:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Gearbox is convinced that people enjoy Borderlands games more with .0000001% drop rates for good guns.

Unless they drastically change that (or the mod scene is at least competent) I will be skipping Borderlands 3 until it's under $10 at least.

4253 Comments. 213 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo