Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3554 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Classics on Steam
12. Re: Activision Classics on Steam Apr 19, 2017, 23:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dev wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 22:35:
Keep in mind this vampire game is NOT the one that gets updated all the time. This is the really old one before that.

Yeah, it's the better one.

Opinions will differ of course, but I liked this 4 player party one over the solo Bloodlines.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA Online Duke O'Death
8. Re: GTA Online Duke O'Death Apr 19, 2017, 23:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

"The Duck of Death?" - Little Bill.

"The Duke, Bill." - English Bob.

News Comments > Activision Classics on Steam
3. Re: Activision Classics on Steam Apr 19, 2017, 20:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not that people shouldn't buy things on Steam or Gog if they are looking for ease of use, but I swear all the Zork games already got released legally, for free, online, either via web or download

*EDIT* Yep, available with minor googling.

Although, OOOOH, Vampire:The Masquerade:Redemption! One of my favorite games, all time, although yes, it is somewhat linear.

News Comments > ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED Released
9. Re: ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED Released Apr 19, 2017, 13:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

I loved OMD1 and 2, played both solo, 5 skulled pretty much everything I believe. I do agree somewhat with El Pit though, the second game involved running back and forth quite a bit more than I'd personally like for a tower D game, I always assumed it was the coop nature.

I guess I'll check out Unchained at some point, but yeah, this was a MOBA-ish thing at one point, and it's still free to play, so I assume there are some bullshit microtransactions at the very least.

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered Released
1. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Released Apr 19, 2017, 02:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

I literally haven't played this game in almost 20 years, and I still remember a lot of the puzzles/sequences.

I probably have to get this.

News Comments > Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 17, 2017, 18:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, based on some minor googling, Blakemore seems to be literally insane. A doomsday racist? Also this game seems like it'd have to have come out 20 years ago for people to put up with the Wolfenstein 3d-ish engine.

Of course, the current political/social climate being what it is, I'm sure he'll be reasonably successful.

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront II Details
8. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront II Details Apr 16, 2017, 19:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bopper wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 17:06:
I wonder how they will monetize without season pass. They will either go cosmetic (I hope) or will lock heroes behind paywalls that you need to grind to unlock, pay individually or buy hero packs.

One thing I think we can all count on, EA/DICE will do their best to get $120+ USD out of each person for the 'full' game. Even if they have to bring back bantha armor or something.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 16, 2017, 16:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 14:17:
Can't believe Bayonetta is 2nd...

Boobs and glasses.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Apr 15, 2017, 20:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

MacLeod wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 20:08:

The panel did mention class system for the multiplayer.

Other stuff from panel:

The different trilogy stuff is all part of the multiplayer, so hero characters and maps would seem to be what that would entail.

Single player campaign is following the leader of Inferno Squadron, and the story is actually canon (and the squadron iteself is the subject of an upcoming book)

Very interesting, I missed whatever link there was to this panel you're referring to, but that all sounds pretty sweet.

I assume we'll get a gorgeous, epic feast of visuals and audio, that'll be over for most players in about 5-6 hours.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Apr 15, 2017, 18:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Damn this looks gorgeous!

Of course as The Half Elf said, no gameplay really shown, although it looks like they are going for bigger space flight battles maybe? That was easily the least played mode of SW:BF.

By the time I buy this on sale for 75-90% off I expect the servers will be empty anyway, so maybe they will make a big single player campaign this time around?

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2017, 00:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 00:01:
Yifes wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 21:44:
Hope it's less disappointing than the Force Awakens.

I really disliked TFA. I did like Rogue One, so I know there is still good in me.

One the one hand, I have hope in Rian Johnson. I've so enjoyed his previous films: Looper, Brick, Brothers Bloom. On the other hand, he wrote all those films himself in addition to directing, and while he has writer credit here, I wonder how being saddled with the baggage of the past and studio meddling will affect the outcome of TLJ.

Well, it's not like the plot could be worse than The Force Awakens....could it?

"Let's build a BIGGER Death Star, because their track record is so good!"

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 14, 2017, 16:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell, surely there is a game rated in single digits or even zero on Steam somewhere?

At worst, one in ten people gave these games a positive score. *Sigh* Ah, humanity.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Voice Cast Video
3. Re: Dawn of War III Voice Cast Video Apr 14, 2017, 16:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Man, those are some very talented voice actors.

I'm still psyched about DoW3, although I'm sure Relic is going to end up ruining it somehow.

11. Re: Into the Black Apr 14, 2017, 16:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

TheLeech wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 08:57:

When you stop dancing around in pajamas and get involved in a martial art that incorporates sparring against a resisting opponent, you'll quickly realize why weight classes exist.

No need to be derogatory, but yes, even a 10-20 pound weight difference among equally skilled competitors is going to be huge. If you do study martial arts, I highly recommend you study at school(s) that do at least light body contact and/or grappling, so you realize that it's not just training, but cardio, speed and strength that matter quite a bit.

That's why the ridiculous size difference of Charlize Theron (yes, very sexy, excellent actress, etc.) fighting Tom Hardy or some of the giant thugs in the Atomic Blonde trailers makes me roll my eyes. It's possible she could win, sure. Just not very likely.

News Comments > Spellforce 2 Anniversary Edition
1. Re: Spellforce 2 Anniversary Edition Apr 14, 2017, 15:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, nice. Spellforce 2 was one of my favorite games back in the day, a pretty good (although low budget by modern standards) rts/tactical rpg mix.

Spellforce 3 must be getting relatively close to release, if they are starting to push the older Spellforce titles again.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Roadmap
6. Re: Titanfall 2 Roadmap Apr 14, 2017, 15:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, co-op, I wonder if that'd really help the game long term. It'd bring in some people for sure, especially with a sale, but I doubt those people would transition to multiplayer PVP en masse.

No matter what they do, the problem is always going to be people getting utterly obliterated in multiplayer, because of the nature of the game. Relatively fast, vertical with wall running, and then you turn a corner and run into a giant ass mech. People play a couple matches and just uninstall.

8. Re: Into the Black Apr 14, 2017, 01:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 01:05:
You know that looks good? Detroit. Flick about the 1967 riots. Now this is something I want to see.

Bah, that sounds like some race baiting shi- holy fuck, John Boyega. I must see that film.

4. Re: Into the Black Apr 13, 2017, 23:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 22:19:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 22:16:
I'm not sure Charlize Theron really has the physical presence to be doing that much martial arts work, but what are you going to do, Hollywood rarely hires unknowns.

Did you see Fury Road?

Yeah, I love that film, and as somebody who has been doing martial arts for about 15 years now, I found the sequences where she fought Tom Hardy relatively evenly, with only one arm, and down about 60 pounds, to be pretty embarassing to good fight choreography. Gun Play is a different story of course.

Training and speed help, viciousness/determination helps, but if you are giving up a 60-100 pound muscle advantage to the opponent, it starts to put fights out of reach.

Not that I am expecting the most realistic fight scenes ever or something, and I'll probably still see this, but I KNOW there are more physically adept actresses out there. Do they have Theron's acting chops, or fame? Well.....

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 13, 2017, 22:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh. Lyft, Uber, and other "Trick people into working for you for a net loss" businesses need to die immediately.

I get that people don't like cabs, but cabbies at least got paid a net positive amount and didn't have to destroy their own cars.

Uber preys upon people with weak math skills basically. Like a lot of society, really.

Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

1. Re: Into the Black Apr 13, 2017, 22:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, Atomic Blonde looks reasonably interesting, enough that I'm going to avoid any more trailers/spoilers.

I'm not sure Charlize Theron really has the physical presence to be doing that much martial arts work, but what are you going to do, Hollywood rarely hires unknowns.

3554 Comments. 178 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo