Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2638 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 8, 2015, 21:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Victor Vran is definitely worth the $9.99, half off price. Very good, but gets a bit grindy/repetitive as time goes on. Also, Ranged Legendary weapons are WAY better than melee legendaries, at least the ones I've had drop.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > System Shock 3 Teased
13. Re: System Shock 3 Teased Dec 8, 2015, 12:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

noman wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 10:51:
Otherside Entertainment is set up by the original studio head and developers at Looking Glass - the people who created Ultima Underworld, System Shock, Flight Unlimited, Thief, Terra Nova etc. They got the Underworld license back and are making Underworld 3.

They are the best folks to make a System Shock 3 game, so it is an awesome development. If Doug Church (the original engine creator and project/design lead for System Shock) can join them, it'd be even better. I think he's working at Valve these days.

Dammit, now I am unreasonably excited about this, with probably unreasonable expectations as well.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2015, 06:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Shok wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 23:04:
Also very unforgiving to slower CPU's. Changed out my G3258 CPU for an i7-4790 and that fixed ALL issues I was having with stuttering/framerates. When I built this machine in May I had plans to eventually swap in a faster 1150 socket CPU anyway but this game made my mind up for me Went from average 30-40 fps on low-med settings to steady 60fps with the i7 on mostly high settings. That's with a 970GTX 4GB video card and 16GB of RAM btw.

Ouch. Sounds like it's time to upgrade... my main desktop is years slower than the system you just upgraded out of.

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
19. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 7, 2015, 06:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Phew, almost a week went by without the announcement of another MOBA! That's a relief.

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
3. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 4, 2015, 20:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting, but I can't see myself ever using this. Making different game categories/folders has helped enough.  

News Comments > Shadow Complex Remastered for Free
17. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 19:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 15:53:
I'm working on a new app called Launch Your Launchers. Basically it launches your other launchers. Keep all of your handy publisher launchers in one list! I'm going to make a killing, I can feel it

I'd like to point out that I've already secured the patents for my Launcher for your Launcher Launcher, hopefully I can see a reasonable amount of profit before the Launcher^4 takes over the scene.

More on topic, didn't know Peter David had been involved, I'm a bit more tempted to get this now

News Comments > Killing Floor 2: Return of the Patriarch Released
1. Re: Killing Floor 2: Return of the Patriarch Released Dec 3, 2015, 20:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Gunslinger perk seems really good so far, good combo of weapons(all pistols and a Katana), and the cosmetic drops don't even seem too annoying in this build.

Hopefully they keep it up and finish this game(enough for release) pretty soon.

News Comments > The Deadly Tower of Monsters Delay; Trailer
1. Re: The Deadly Tower of Monsters Delay; Trailer Dec 2, 2015, 20:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting art style, but the camera looks annoying. Tentative pass.

News Comments > PC Shadow Complex Remastered Revealed
5. Re: PC Shadow Complex Remastered Revealed Dec 2, 2015, 11:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

AirWreck wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 10:58:
Pretty good metroid-like game -- had an area that you get locked out of near the end so I missed one item, never felt like replaying. Getting ready to dig into Axiom Verge soon, wonder how it stacks up. (SC is associated with Orson Scott Card in case that's a problem for some, you know, due to the Ender's Game movie being so bad.)

Oh yeah, I remember why I passed on Shadow Complex the first time around, Orson Scott Card's insanely racist/anti-gay rants terrible movie.

News Comments > GOG.com Winter Sale
15. Re: GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 2, 2015, 11:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, the queue of games is already ridiculous, but I'm tempted to buy Stasis for 50% off, that game looks great.

I'll probably skip buying Witcher 3 for awhile, need to finish up the other lesser massive open world games I've got half/almost finished anyway.

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
2. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Dec 1, 2015, 21:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah nice, this game was pretty good, but I only have it on DVD currently.

I hate to say it, but online is so convenient.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 30, 2015, 12:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 09:26:
That whole thing was fucking bizarre to read. From what I saw yesterday, the "journalist" basically started it and then cried when the other guy posted about it on social media...

I was curious about this, and reading the article, the person in question works at Breitbart. Pure scum, no doubt he deserved a beating of some sort, but it's always better to control your temper and avoid a lawsuit/jail time, Dota 2 person.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 29, 2015, 13:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 29, 2015, 12:40:
It's good to see Counter-Strike: Global Offensive doing so well.

Meh... I guess. I just find it amazing there are still people alive, with a computer, that don't have CS:GO, or have already played enough of the previous versions to be utterly sick of the CS format.

$15 Elite:Dangerous was too tempting, I contributed to that #5 placement, I'm sorry to say.

News Comments > Steam Fall Sale
33. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 11:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

DA:I base game for 14.99, but the 'complete' version for 39.99... is the DLC worth it, or just ignore it and get the base version?

For the players that have actually played Inquisition, of course.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy
33. Re: Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy Nov 25, 2015, 13:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Razumen wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 11:09:
Darks wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 10:42:
Well, the jokes on you or should I say between your legs. Enjoy that hilarity. Middlefinger

Actually, your mom did quote enjoy it, multiple times. You're welcome.

Gentlemen, please!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: $750 pill Nov 25, 2015, 13:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

ZeroPike1 wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 12:40:
Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 11:20:
With the price standing, Turing will offer additional money-saving measures such as new, smaller bottles with only 30 tablets

Oh good, then your monthly bill will only be $22500! Why, that's practically a steal!

That's what happens with less government regulation and a really bad idea of a Free Market healthcare system from top to bottom, really pays off this way. People VOTE to let this happen.

But...but... the tv man, and the guy on the radio keep shouting that big government is bad, and the Free Market is Jeebus' plan! They can't be wrong!?

Also, Civil War... I am required by international treaty to watch it, but these movies are getting so far from the source material sometimes, the comic nerd in me is getting depressed. In that trailer, Iron Man shoots Captain America in the face point blank with a repulsor shot, and he just shrugs it off!

News Comments > On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support
10. Re: On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support Nov 25, 2015, 13:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dev wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 12:02:
I've been waiting for a deep steam sale. Maybe others have too. I own everything Space Battles 1 already.
Same. Apparently we waited a bit too long. Although the obvious question arises, is the game in good working order right now, as of whatever the last patch was?

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2015, 11:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

SHIT. 50% off Witcher 3, 62% off Dragon Age: Inquisition... has the time for purchases come!? NOooooo! *Shakes fist at the heavens*

*EDIT* Curses, Origin is of course pulling the DLC crap, so the "complete edition" is quite a bit more.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 25, 2015, 10:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, that seems like a valid DMCA claim, those models and the camera/room setup seem like they were lifted straight from FNaF.

A bit more gameplay in CASE, but it still looks like they took a LOT from Freddy's, design wise and possibly the actual models.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy
25. Re: Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy Nov 24, 2015, 17:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I was a fan of KF1, I bought KF2 months ago on sale, and I've been a bit annoyed at how long it's taking them to get out of Early Access. That said, this system seems a lot more like CS:GO Cosmetics/skins than anything close to the Payday 2 debacle.

In game drops(for some), cash shop, trading(I assume?), it apparently has worked out very well for CS:GO, although I found it really annoying in that game also, it didn't break the game in and of itself for me. Hundreds(thousands?) of hours in various CS flavors before CS:GO did.

I'll reserve judgement, assuming Tripwire can get their shit together and actually complete enough to get this game into a release state sometime soon. As others have said, seems like it's been almost a year or so without them adding promised Perks and weapons, etc.

2638 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo