Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3670 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Destiny 2 in October
11. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 14:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

thestryker wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 14:08:
Personally I don't care about a delay because who cares, it's not like anyone loses anything because of it. What I do care about, and honestly I won't be buying this game because of it, is the 1 year (might be more as there is still ps exclusive in destiny) exclusivity on actual game content. It's very disappointing to see gaming outlets largely ignoring it as if it's acceptable. A strike, pvp arena, weapon and potentially more are being held for ps4 exclusive for a year. This is bullshit by any measure as that means you're paying to subsidize the ps4 players content. This is the most poisonous exclusive I've ever seen or heard of in any multiplatform game.

This is my main concern. If this actually ends up being how it plays out, with PC people waiting 1year+ for content, forget it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 2
2. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 2 Jun 13, 2017, 07:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 22:29:
Devolver had the best conference by far...

Yeah, that was better than the usual E3 presentations, although it felt a little forced to me at times.

Also, Ruiner is looking awesome. Don't turn out to be crap, and don't take another 2 years to be released.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announced
1. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announced Jun 13, 2017, 07:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks somewhat interesting, I'll probably get it. I was feeling the urge for another XCOM2 run anyway, although I was going to do the Long War.  

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Announced
5. Re: The Evil Within 2 Announced Jun 12, 2017, 23:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bill Borre wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 21:10:
Never thought I'd hear Duran Duran as the soundtrack for survival horror.

Duran Duran can go with anything.

Also, what's wrong with this comment section? it's all scrunched up on any computer I open it on, unlike other comment sections on Blues.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 12, 2017, 23:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 21:14:
It's amazing how much of that stuff, from swimming to stalking, is hardwired.

They, like sharks, are just little meat robot killing machines. programmed before birth. What's interesting is thinking about how many human behaviors are hardwired in a similar fashion.

Also, aww, cute tiger cubs.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 12, 2017, 23:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Aside from Chris Avellone, some of the other developers are responsible for Silent Storm, aka the greatest game only 5 people on the planet played.

I'm looking forward to this, obviously. Already got in at the $28 mark, hopefully it turns out well. Last time I looked today, they are almost at their initial funding mark, with like 20+ days to go.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions
16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions Jun 12, 2017, 12:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, this could go smoothly and not be a problem, or end up being annoying as fuck if the 'Battlepoint' requirements require 500 hours of play for the best guns or something.

I'm reserving my right to bitch about this system in the future.

Hopefully whatever they are planning funds a nice 20-30 hour single player campaign though.

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Trailer
6. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 12:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks interesting, I'll make sure to check back on it in 2 years when it's actually done.

I just hope they allow you to put more than 4 weapons/powers/whatever on your suit, that console-ish 4 weapons max thing is still aggravating as hell.

I loved Borderlands 1, liked Borderlands 2, and like the idea of Destiny, but not enough to get a PS4 and try to play a FPS with a controller. I might get Destiny 2 on PC if they don't do something terrible with it.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Week
1. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Week Jun 12, 2017, 12:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, that's good, but I already uninstalled to make room for RPGs/Open World single player games.

I'm starting to think small team(6 v 6, etc.) FPS games are inherently flawed/end up being more annoying than fun. One teammate screwing around ruins the entire match, whereas at least in large scale BF type games, you can have a few jokers goofing off without ruining the server.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Officially Revealed
13. Re: On Overwatch Mei Skins Jun 12, 2017, 12:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty good, and I enjoyed the first reboot+Old Blood, so this is pretty much a guaranteed buy for me.

Nice to see Blazowicz has shrugged off another 7-8(?) month coma, while being partially paralyzed(?) and still kept all his muscle mass, and about 5% body fat.

These video clips are reminding me a little of the last Bioshock; a twisted dystopian version of stereotypical America, but NPCs still walking around, living their little lives.

tl,dr: I need to put some serious effort into working on the queue.

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Announced
1. Re: The Evil Within 2 Announced Jun 12, 2017, 11:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I liked the first game, so I'm definitely interested, but that trailer was probably so far from any actual gameplay as to be pointless.

Also, I really wish they had a different acronym than STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).

From the description though, it sounds promising, aside from the whole "none of this is real, but you still can't find ammo" thing.

News Comments > Battlefield 1: In the Name of the Tsar in September
2. Re: Battlefield 1: In the Name of the Tsar in September Jun 11, 2017, 14:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Whatever version of Frostbite engine this is, I'd be surprised if it doesn't go down as one of the most beautfiul looking(and still playable) engines ever.

DICE's trailer team is still doing a great job also.

I think I'm getting worn out on BF1 itself though; everything is unlocked, aside from a few of the puzzle weapons. I'll try this expansion out a bit, but BF1 is sliding ever closer to the uninstall category for me. I may just be getting worn out on FPSes.

News Comments > Origin Access Free This Week
2. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Jun 11, 2017, 14:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, probably going to be a marked increase in BF1 cheaters for awhile.

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein Leaks?
1. Re: The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein Leaks? Jun 11, 2017, 14:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

I don't see why they wouldn't do another Evil Within, or a new Wolfenstein sequel, both games were fun and sold well, I believe.

I'd probably get both unless they completely wreck something.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 9, 2017, 15:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell? This non-game's trailer is nominated for an Oscar, and that Dead Island trailer wasn't?

Sacrelige.

Or ANY of the Star Wars:The Old Republic trailers, all of which pretty much blew the actual films out of the water.

I mean, I know the Oscars are pretty much a joke anyway, but come on...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 9, 2017, 15:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

That's actually a really cool idea, I hope it catches on and becomes more widespread.

Also, I hope their limited(?) libraries have a pretty decent selection, the article is a bit vague.

News Comments > Vampyr E3 Trailer
2. Re: Vampyr E3 Trailer Jun 8, 2017, 23:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is going on the Steam/Gog sale list. I'm interested, but the queue is unstoppable.  

News Comments > Road Redemption Splitscreen Support
3. Re: Road Redemption Splitscreen Support Jun 8, 2017, 13:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 12:44:
All i ever wanted for this game was online play..Never got it

Gah, still!? I haven't installed the beta in a year or so, I had foolishly assumed online play was already in.

Are they at least planning to add it in the future?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 8, 2017, 12:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's almost like Windows shouldn't be running on any critical infrastructure of any sort, yet it's everywhere. I expect this to get fixed shortly after hell freezes over.

News Comments > Road Redemption Splitscreen Support
1. Re: Road Redemption Splitscreen Support Jun 8, 2017, 12:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, cool, I guess. Hopefully this option sells a few more copies, but I won't be using it.

Just finish the game and get it out of Early Access already, it's already fun as hell.

3670 Comments. 184 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo