Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4084 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Obsidian TMs The Outer Worlds
4. Re: Obsidian TMs The Outer Worlds Feb 6, 2018, 12:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Whatever setting, I want the isometric, party based, 6+ person party style I have come to know and love, from oldschool Bioware and Obsidian.

Hopefully they do NOT do any sort of TPS or FPS RPG mishmash.

I'll go check out E.J. Gilmore's novel at some point. Sounds like typical YA fantasy though, from that blurb. Somehow I doubt Obsidian would use an existing IP, they seem a lot more keen on making their own, and owning everything.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA versus Battlefield 1 Cheaters
7. Re: EA versus Battlefield 1 Cheaters Feb 6, 2018, 12:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

While there are a ton of cheaters in BF1, probably more than any Battlefield game I've played (or they are just more blatant), there are also a ton of cheating accusations being thrown around, it feels like. I get called a cheater like once a day at least, if I play a few good rounds, and some of those accusers claim they have reported me.

I've never been banned or had any communication with EA/DICE or Fairfight, and I don't even know if my data gets reviewed at all, but I'd hate for false positive bans to occur. It does make me wonder though, how much data gets collected for them to be able to avoid erroneously banning people. I don't just mean player position/aiming percentage, etc. but stuff like programs resident in memory on the PC, more invasive things along those lines.

*EDIT* Oops, grammar.

News Comments > Dying Light to Celebrate Anniversary with Free Content
6. Re: Dying of Boredom Feb 6, 2018, 08:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dying Light is a game that requires mods to not be annoying as hell (mainly weapon/vehicle degradation prevention mods, inventory size mods), but they broke the mods with the last few patches, so...

Uninstalled for good.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2018, 21:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 19:42:
Anyway, I hate Altered Carbon. One of my favorite books and they butchered it. Kovacs isn't even the same badass character.

This, basically, although I wouldn't say I hate their adaptation, they changed a LOT of the main points of the novels, for worse.

I'm sure they had a good reason during development, but I don't even feel like finishing the tv series at this point, knowing how badly they've altered things already.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2018, 14:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 11:19:
Watched the Cloverfield Paradox last night when it was released...it's a trainwreck. Oddly, it's quite watchable, but the plot is horribly broken. Bad things happen for no reason, EVERYTHING that goes wrong is just another "space time anomaly", no matter how ridiculous it is. Each weird thing feels like a completely separate movie idea that MIGHT have a convoluted explanation, but not IF the other things happen too.
The acting is quite good, and the effects are top-class, but that's because it was originally going to theaters. It's certainly very neat while it's happening but doesn't stand up to even a tiny bit of scrutiny. Its link to the Cloverfield series is pretty tenuous, and apparently that was added in last minute. Supposedly, it was added in last minute to 10 Cloverfield Lane as well, but THAT movie was rock fucking solid.

You are correct, both 10 Cloverfield Lane and Cloverfield Paradox were other films initially, unrelated to Cloverfield, then for some mind boggling reason, were bought and added to, and shoe-horned into the Cloverfield universe.

It's really a shame, because 10 Cloverfield Lane was a pretty good movie, even with the tacked on crap. It would have been great if left as intended, just a psychological horror/mystery film about a guy's underground bunker(no aliens).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2018, 13:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 12:58:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 10:24:
Not surprised to see the criticism of the Dodge commercial, the moment I saw it I thought, "That doesn't seem appropriate."

If you read the speech, it actually condemns advertisers for convincing people to buy cars and trucks they do not need and cannot afford.

Wonder why they didn't pick that part of the speech... though others have put it as the voiceover for the commercial on YouTube.

I'm late to this thread, but yes, as Beamer said, literally this very same sermon, MLK denounces/condemns advertising and to a certain extent, materialism:

“Now the presence of this instinct explains why we are so often taken by advertisers. You know, those gentlemen of massive verbal persuasion. And they have a way of saying things to you that kind of gets you into buying. In order to be a man of distinction, you must drink this whiskey. In order to make your neighbors envious, you must drive this type of car. “...It often causes us to live above our means. It's nothing but the drum major instinct. Do you ever see people buy cars that they can't even begin to buy in terms of their income? You've seen people riding around in Cadillacs and Chryslers who don't earn enough to have a good T-Model Ford. “...But so often, haven't you seen people making five thousand dollars a year and driving a car that costs six thousand? “...They got to get this coat because this particular coat is a little better and a little better-looking than Mary's coat. And I got to drive this car because it's something about this car that makes my car a little better than my neighbor's car.”

Ahh, the irony.

News Comments > Insurgency: Sandstorm Trailer
2. Re: Insurgency: Sandstorm Trailer Feb 3, 2018, 00:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

If you change your character name to Darude, it unlocks special weapons.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 2, 2018, 06:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 21:16:
I'd still pay for RDR One on pc.

Same... I have it for PS3, and it'll probably never get finished, because I despise trying to shoot with the damned controllers.

Mouse and keyboard, ffs.

News Comments > Battlezone: Combat Commander Next Month
1. Re: Battlezone: Combat Commander Next Month Feb 1, 2018, 22:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks great, although curse these guys for specifically targeting my nostalgia!

Battlezone 2 was amazing, for the 3 people on the planet who played it. Hopefully this remaster gets some decent exposure, BZ2 was pretty impressive for its time, and I think the gameplay will still hold up today.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Feb 1, 2018, 14:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's videos like this that make me realize I would not want to bother surviving the apocalypse. I'd kill myself if I had to do that shit, and fight off hordes of barbarians/zombies/robots/aliens.

Also I feel as though that guy should be a lot more ripped, building a log cabin by all hand tools(apparently?) and carrying the logs around, etc.

News Comments > David Brevik Announces It Lurks Below
5. Re: David Brevik Announces It Lurks Below Feb 1, 2018, 14:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nullity wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 12:36:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 01:07:
Hrm, looking at this game on Polygon, I can conclude that I'm definitely sick of retro 8 bit graphics.
It certainly feels like it's being over-used recently, however, there's one retro graphics game coming out that I'm incredible stoked for. If you haven't seen it, check out this reveal trailer for The Last Night that was introduced at E3 last year.

The main style is pixel-retro, but some things like lighting/shadows, water, and some effects are normal high quality. It blends together in an amazing atmosphere, and I can't wait for this to be released.

I've seen that video of that game, and yes it is gorgeous! I would not put The Last Night in the same category as most of these other 'retro' 8 or 16 bit games though, clearly The Last Night has a real, talented and gifted art team, who just happened to decide to work with pixels instead of polygons.

A lot of these indie games go the pixel route just due to budget.

Not that I hate the idea of pixel based art entirely, Mother Russia Bleeds for example, I love that game, and the art is amazing. But this Brevik game? It just looks terrible, like I'd be embarrassed to play this 20 years ago terrible.

Of course it is just one man on the development team, but there are only so many hours in the day for me to slack off from doing work to play video games.

News Comments > David Brevik Announces It Lurks Below
1. Re: David Brevik Announces It Lurks Below Feb 1, 2018, 01:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looking at this game on Polygon, I can conclude that I'm definitely sick of retro 8 bit graphics.

I'd say the solo design of a game is a call for help, but Grim Dawn started out the same way sooo... good luck, Brevik.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 1, 2018, 00:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Battalion 1944 devs... good luck. This is easily the worst time in a long time, for FPS gaming skill level and teamwork.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Turning Tide North Sea Update
9. Re: Battlefield 1 Turning Tide North Sea Update Feb 1, 2018, 00:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dacron wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 21:45:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 20:53:
This update includes the TTK patch, right? I'll check it out tonight/tomorrow, hopefully.

Lower TTK?

Yeah, played a few rounds, that lower TTK rebalance seems to be included in this one.

A few more deaths crossing open terrain to LMGs/Medic Rifles, it doesn't feel like many of the assault smgs changed much, if at all. Shotguns seem even more lame, but that may have just been bad luck.

The new maps are... interesting. Each would probably be pretty fun if people would play the objectives, but it was mostly people trying to get the destroyers/whatever super boat or blimp and going around in those.

I may be getting burned out on multiplayer FPSes, I had 2 bad rounds, 2 very good rounds, but not enjoying it like I used to. Too much moronic team behavior. And of course, the constant racist spam.

Back to single player RPGs.

*EDIT* slight update, Ribeyerolles from the assault class sure feels more powerful now, did several 3-4 kill sets with one clip with it. I didn't bother reading through the patch notes, but I'm guessing it got its damage upped 1 round(to kill) in this patch.

This comment was edited on Feb 1, 2018, 14:55.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2018, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

That rat shower video... wtf, I was wondering at first, how the hell did they train it that way?

Then I saw this apparently they all do that in water when they can. Amazement... vanished.

All these anthropomorphic videos of real animals though lately... it's starting to make me wonder if I shouldn't really go vegetarian. Animals are too smart, too emotional to eat.

13. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2018, 21:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

only 20.8 Million? That will barely hold me over for a good weekend.

News Comments > This is the Police 2 Announced
1. Re: This is the Police 2 Announced Jan 31, 2018, 21:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

I am looking forward to a time when this art style is no longer used.

Also, too depressingly close to real life for me, based on this trailer, to be enjoyable.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jan 31, 2018, 21:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Moon was very good, Source Code was pretty good, I saw Warcraft, and wasn't forced to vomit. Warcraft did make enough money for Jones to do pretty much whatever the hell he wants to do, as far as studios are concerned though, so hopefully Mute turns out great.

I see it has been gobbled up by the ever-growing Netflix blob though...

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jan 31, 2018, 20:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 12:10:
Also, that's the id timeline. The new games have little to do with the id timeline. They make allusions, but in the id timeline BJ becomes a talk show host, married to someone who has Keen. In the current timeline, well, we know who BJ marries and we know he's unlikely to become a talk show host with a kid who has an idyllic upbringing.

Ugh, I hate retcons in comics, movies, shows, and now I have to hate them in video games too.

Sometimes it's okay for people to NOT be related.

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Turning Tide North Sea Update
7. Re: Battlefield 1 Turning Tide North Sea Update Jan 31, 2018, 20:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

This update includes the TTK patch, right? I'll check it out tonight/tomorrow, hopefully.

4084 Comments. 205 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo