Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3776 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 27, 2017, 13:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 12:26:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Spoilers: Silk Spectre and Nite Owl will, they survive the ending.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
48. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 26, 2017, 18:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Half-Life 3 Confirmed. Don't fall for this misdirection! I'm sure HL3 will be out for Christmas 2017.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2017, 17:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hoop wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 17:43:
I had no idea that the Air Canada plane only cleared the stacked aircraft on the ground by just 69 feet. WTF
The only thing that betrays any kind of panic is the clipped speed of air traffic controls "Air Canada go around"
Kind of surreal how the pilot's voice stays in character as he powers on with no time to spare.
Even though his response is calm you can hear the I'am so fucked filling his head.
Mistakes on both sides but that Air Canada crew needs to be assigned new jobs loading planes not flying them.

To non-pilots this seems insane, but the mistake is understandable if you're in aviation. Not to say it should just be forgiven or anything, but they were on a visual approach, and at night, even with the correct lights on, it's a lot more confusing than you would first assume. It's a 2 parallel runway setup, L was closed, but the lights that indicate closure are NOT as visible at long distance at night as many people would like. The pilots mistook 28R for 28L, moved over accordingly. There are other lights to indicate the runways vs taxiways, but human error, etc.

This is why now San Francisco only allows instrument approaches at night, regardless of how clear it is. Many other airports do the same, due to mistaken identity of runways, human fatigue, etc.

Also, 69 feet for the first plane, 51ft over the 2nd plane(B747), not counting the tails of any aircraft(all heavies), so more like a clearance of around 12-15 feet. Luckily, barely avoided a major series of crashes. 5 fully loaded planes, four of which were full of fuel.

The tower controller has no chance, from his angle, to see(visually out of the tower windows) that the ACA pilot was lined up for the taxiway. He SHOULD have been alerted when ACA asked about lights on the runway(the taxiway) but once again, human error, "wtf would he try to land on the taxiway?" was probably running through his head.

I am amazed that this level of near disaster has gotten this much public press, to be honest.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 17:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

That's pretty impressive, considering how ridiculous the terrain is in NY state in a lot of areas. 3 Mountain ranges, valleys, etc. it's a lot of cable to run.

Of course, why the hell are they aiming for 25mbps, fucking lay fiber down for future 1gbps, FFS.

They are also counting wifi, so some areas will probably still be screwed over when it comes to fiber for quite a long time.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
19. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 26, 2017, 17:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Aside from the multitude of other aspects of this game, the level of feature creep for this project is off the charts. What the hell is half of this shit even doing in a space flight game anyway? Facial recognition? ROFL!

I'm still down for whatever single player version of this game comes out, when it hits the bargain bin.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Preloads Today
12. Re: Destiny 2 PS4 Exlusives... Aug 25, 2017, 21:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

A bit of the ole google:

A Strike, a Ship, an Exotic Sniper Rifle, and a PvP Map are PS4 only for a year or more.

A Strike is apparently a full PvE dungeon...how many are in the game total? That seems too harsh.

Bargain bin for this game, in a couple years' time.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 25, 2017, 20:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nex Machina for $12 (11.99) is entirely worth it, if you were at all a fan of Smash TV or Robotron style games. It's awesome at that price.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Preloads Today
9. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Preloads Today Aug 25, 2017, 15:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Soo.. the videos don't look half bad, I'm interested. Is some of the content still time gated by a year for PC users(vs PS4 users) ?

What exactly is locked out for PC people, if so?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 25, 2017, 10:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 24, 2017, 10:56:
Didn't read the article but it's plain to see that automation will replace jobs easily in the next 20 years. This is an inevitable step.

Likely followed by Universal income for people.

Self driving cars will replace transportation jobs first, McDonalds is already replacing people with order machines. Just a matter of time now.

Basically, as you said. Unfortunately the world is really NOT prepared for 50-90% unemployment, or whatever it ends up being. It's going to be pretty rough for awhile. I'm guessing we'll have a megacorp style takeover of the planet, dividing the continents up into fiefdoms run by corporations and various ultra rich oligarchs and their private armies.

Most people will either pledge their allegiance to a local 'lord' or starve to death in the wastelands.

Good times ahead.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2017, 09:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fuuuuuuuuuuck. We're all old.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Free Weekend
7. Re: XCOM 2 Free Weekend Aug 25, 2017, 09:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

I've been playing Long War 2, and I was hoping to have that run finished before the expansion came out, but it's taking a really long time...

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation Patch and Free DLC
2. Re: Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation Patch and Free DLC Aug 25, 2017, 09:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 08:01:
Yo Ashes, when you gonna get mechs?

Probably never. I remember a fairly lengthy post by either Wardell or one of the developers about how they could only make the game if everything was hovering or flying, animating tires/treads/legs etc. was way too costly for their budget.

This game is pretty good, by the way. In a massive scale, giant armada kind of way.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2017, 03:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Surely, we can get through one thread without false equivalency?

2017, when everyone's a Nazi except the actual Nazis. Those guys are just expressing themselves.

News Comments > Tyranny Expansion Next Month
13. Re: Tyranny Expansion Next Month Aug 24, 2017, 03:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game(vanilla) would have been great if they had based it around 6 player parties. As it is, it's still interesting; the writing is mostly good, the story is pretty good, combat is fun if a bit simple. The party NPCs are all well developed, and I enjoyed all their dialogue, honestly. I felt the combo system(between the main PC and the NPCs) was a waste of resources, but apparently a lot of people loved it.

As far as bugginess goes, this was probably Obsidian's least buggy game upon release, and it's been patched quite a bit since then anyway.

I wish they hadn't tried to design it around multiple playthroughs, ie. some content is locked out by game choices you make, but it still works as a RPG. I'll probably run through it again after I get this expansion, with a mage. My first run through was with a dual wield melee rogue, with some bow backup and some spellcasting.

Spellcasting, and the spell making system is extremely strong in the game, and strangely enough, the Lore skill is vitally important, unlike almost every other game.

In short: if you like party based RPGs, this is worth the buy, especially on sale.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Aug 22, 2017, 14:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rick and Morty is literally the greatest show on tv.

They need to come to some agreement with Netflix and/or Amazon Prime, to have their show be watchable by people who no longer have cable. Hulu is a travesty, if Rick and Morty is still even on Hulu.

News Comments > BIOMUTANT Announced
3. Re: BIOMUTANT Announced Aug 22, 2017, 12:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

There is plenty of room for good ARPGs... the problem is, that seems to be way harder than a lot of studios anticipate to accomplish.

I hope this one turns out well, seems like a decent if ripoff-y concept.

There were some old PnP games and probably some old video games that had this same premise, that probably received no credit from Experiment 101.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Launch Trailer
5. Re: Destiny 2 Launch Trailer Aug 22, 2017, 08:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

I didn't play the first one since it was console only. I'd be interested in this one if they weren't time gating all(some?) of the content by one year from the PS4 release dates.

Most likely not a full price buy for me anyway, so hopefully PC players vocalize their complaints about the content delays, and that policy gets removed, by the time I buy.

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
25. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 22, 2017, 08:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Windows 10 exclusive, lol.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 21, 2017, 21:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I should get around to buying this on Gog.com...it's been forever since I played Full Throttle.

I still remember some of the cooler sequences...this was one of the best adventure games back in the day.

News Comments > Ruiner Next Month
1. Re: Ruiner Next Month Aug 21, 2017, 21:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweeeeeeet. I've been looking forward to this one for awhile now.

3776 Comments. 189 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo