Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4307 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 8, 2018, 20:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

People keep buying PlunkBat... I thought all the kids, adults and grandparents had moved on to Fornite? Or is this just the repeatedly banned die-hards rebuying at this point?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Weekend Underway
20. Re: Destiny 2 Free Weekend Underway Jul 8, 2018, 10:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 23:38:
Yeah, there's a discount on the "expansion pass," which apparently is just a bundle of those two already-released ones? Because it does not include the third expansion coming out in a couple months. For some reason, that one requires that you own the other expansions in order to buy and play it...

So if you're like me and still only own the base game, you can buy the "expansion pass" for $19.99 (currently discounted from $34.99). But if you're interested in the upcoming expansion that they're saying is supposed to be the best one, you HAVE to buy the "expansion pass" to be eligible to buy the third expansion for another $39.99 (that's about how much I paid for the base game!). THEN if you want any further content beyond that, you've gotta buy the new "annual pass" that includes three releases of "premium content" throughout the next calendar year for another $34.99.

That seems excessive to me.

Hrm, after reading your comment, I browsed a little, and indeed, there is quite a bit of rage directed at Bungie for their pricing scheme. Total price if you bought the game new, will end up being well over $140 so far.

Disclosure: A copy of Destiny 2 came for free(bundled, I know) with some hardware I bought, so currently I am not invested at all(would have gotten the hardware regardless). I thought the 2 expansions currently out was it, so the $20 price seemed like a great deal. What a shame that their 'best' expansion is not even included in that pass, plus some more guns and other crap they are selling separately.

So much for the coop group picking up Destiny 2 cheap and playing it for awhile.

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Not Dead
4. Re: Dead Island 2 Not Dead Jul 7, 2018, 17:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Especially since Dying Light 2 apparently has the potential to be something amazing; it was already a fun game mechanically(aside from weapon degradation! ) and now they have Chris Avellone doing some story work!? Please turn out to be a good-great game.

I'm not really familiar with Sumo Digital's work as it is... apparently Little Big Planet was pretty fun? Although they didn't do the original, just the third game...

Anyway, there is room for 2 open world melee horror games, so hopefully Dead Island 2 turns out well also.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Weekend Underway
17. Re: Destiny 2 Free Weekend Underway Jul 7, 2018, 17:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, Destiny 2 season pass on sale. Time to fire it up and see if I should even bother finishing the base game, or just free up some SSD space.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2018, 17:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, interesting. I wonder if they will even bother to pay, or just laugh it off. IP theft by Chinese companies is so prevalent, and it's rare that the Chinese government puts any pressure on any of them.

Especially now, with this idiotic tariff skirmish going on.

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Video
35. Re: Anthem Gameplay Video Jul 6, 2018, 20:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sepharo wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 19:44:
I think I, Cutter, and a few others are just saying we don't like the genre.
Game does look pretty though.

I understand, and honestly the complaints look relatively valid. I still think we're all becoming a little too jaded though; most of us have been playing games for like 20-30+ years, nostalgia and a few standout games during that time period make it kind of hard to really enjoy any new games sometimes. It's too easy to remember where somebody did something better, or at least it was new to everybody back in game X, etc.

Hopefully overlay stuff like the damage numbers have a toggle, and/or at least a wider range based on targeted area. The current footage makes them seem pretty pointless to have pop up. The overheating jetpacks seem like they will receive enough criticism about the waterfalls to at least pressure Bioware to change them, but I suspect they'll stay that way for balance reasons. Not being able to trade weapons between other players or even your own characters seems like a gross oversight, and I hope it gets changed.

It's the coop though, there are only so many games that even attempt coop for real these days.

33. Re: Anthem Gameplay Video Jul 6, 2018, 17:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Meh, you guys are expecting too much. Look at this as 3D Diablo, blasting mindless AI with your friends while you chat, IRC style almost.

Only in 2018 the graphics are ridiculously better, people expect every game to be superior to the Witcher 3 in terms of story, and better than <insert your game of choice> in gameplay mechanics.

Since studios have gotten spanked a little about the lootbox/pay to win stuff, I'm hoping any paid extras are merely cosmetic, and all game-changing content is open to everybody. If there is a DLC paywall eventually, the coop group will re-evaluate later.

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
47. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 17:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

loomy wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 17:01:
> What other choice does ArenaNet have here?

the company can do whatever it wants. the question to grapple with is why thousands of people brigaded to get two people fired. was it really because they were fighting for the justice of men who are abused on twitter?

It's a classic gang-up tactic, used by racists and bigots all over these days. Constantly harass, threaten, belittle, dehumanize and try to embarrass one person from all sides, claim you are worried about Gaming Journalism/Realism/Historical Accuracy/whatever smoke screen and do this for years, then act utterly SHOCKED when somebody loses their control in a response eventually.

The only amazing thing is that people can't see this in action for some reason. I attribute it to an utter lack of empathy or understanding for experiences outside themselves. "She gets harassed? Impossible, I am a white man, and I don't get harassed like that!"

That said, there is utterly no point to being on social media, it is only going to go negative. Other developers should take heed, and cancel or just ignore their accounts.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2018, 11:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

For fuck's sake. Reports are saying the swim is upwards of 6 hours on the way out against the current, and at several points the divers have to TAKE OFF their masks and tanks in order to fit through the passage. They are running out of oxygen, and it's literally over a kilometer to dig down to them, not even directly to their position. An experienced diver just died trying it, as the report says.

Imagine trying that towing a kid who can't even swim, panicked, burning through his oxygen that much faster. Of course it's pitch black and even with flashlights your visibility is probably only a few inches past your mask, due to kicked up sediment.

I've dived some in open water and people who have dived before will panic and/or start making poor decisions due to low oxygen. This Thailand cave is literally a worst case scenario.

I'll be surprised if it takes less than a couple months to dig through anywhere, without collapsing the caves.

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
1. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 11:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell? How fucking weak are people these days if this constitutes a 'personal attack': Today in being a female game dev: "Allow me--a person who does not work with you--explain to you how you do your job."

and results in two people losing their jobs? Way to cave in to the trolls, ArenaNet.

Fucking social media...all these people getting into an uproar over the slightest difference of opinion, and then companies respond by firing people. Zero incentive for any actual creative content creators(for games, movies, etc.) to use social media, in my opinion; it can only go badly.

News Comments > 2018 Steam Top Sellers
4. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 6, 2018, 00:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

I think people are more annoyed at the lack of historical accuracy in a game that claims to be historically accurate, but your mileage may vary. Apparently it sold well regardless.

2. Re: Anthem Gameplay Video Jul 5, 2018, 22:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Seriously, Cutter? That game looks gorgeous, and the gameplay even this Alpha(beta?) seems good enough to be fun in coop. Somewhere between The Division and Borderlands, with apparently a night time Dying Light style mechanic thrown in.

Frostbyte used to make a more vertical, alien world, with some flying and stomping around, blowing stuff up... can't be that bad.

The coop group will probably get onto this, unless something horrible happens to the game near release day.

News Comments > Headsnatchers Trailer
1. Re: Headsnatchers Trailer Jul 5, 2018, 13:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, from the title, I was expecting a gruesome horror title, about some ancient evil from the beyond the stars, come to Earth for a sanguine harvest.

Nope, Gangbeasts ripoff.

16. Re: Positronic Psychological Brainnzzzzzzzz Jul 4, 2018, 13:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 12:10:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 10:44:
Holy shit, what insane decision caused them to go deep into a damned cave to get out of the rain?
Uh, I don't think they went into the cave to escape rain. They were visiting the cave, it is a tourist attraction and it then started to rain.

"The boys were found nine days after they entered the caves in Chiang Rai province following a football training session and became trapped by rising waters from heavy rainfall."

Hrm, you're probably right, as that would make a lot more sense, although no purpose is directly listed. Still, trapped 2.5 miles deep in a cave, without shoes even? What the hell kind of field trip/recreational outing was this? I would think these caves have flooded in the past when it rains... no signs anywhere?

Don't get me wrong, I hope they get out safely, but it's like anybody who goes into the wilderness unprepared and the rest of society has to spend millions to get them out safely... part of the blame lies in the coach's decision to go in there at all.

Some of the follow up articles have a much better diagram of the cave layout; looks insanely dangerous, even if it was dry when they went in. I can't fathom why that would seem like a good trip for children.

13. Re: Positronic Psychological Brainnzzzzzzzz Jul 4, 2018, 10:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit, what insane decision caused them to go deep into a damned cave to get out of the rain?

Nobody likes getting rained on, but maybe don't go farther than the mouth of the cave, and when the fucking water starts pouring in, get out?

Now they're screwed, because apparently none of the authorities want to risk them drowning on the way back.

Nothing in the article about any of the families threatening to murder the coach who took the kids into the cave either, surprisingly.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 4, 2018, 10:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 22:07:
If they can bring DL2 close to W3 level of good I'll be a very effing happy camper.

Seriously, I am getting a little hyped up for DL2 now, as far as it being more than an acrobatic jump-kick murder simulator like it's predecessor.

News Comments > Thief of Thieves This Month
1. Re: Thief of Thieves This Month Jul 4, 2018, 05:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell? Thief of Thieves is an amazing comic, but it looks like they totally missed the point of the comic with that gameplay clip. Oh well, it'll join the massive pile of mismanaged comic properties (probably.)

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2018, 13:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 12:29:
Yeah, can't blame that octopus for wanting to hitch a ride on her.

The video ends before the octopus started ripping the flesh from her bones. Joking aside though, I wonder what made the octopus do that? Curiosity? Mistaken food scents? They don't normally grab onto larger fish/mammals... where's an ocean biologist PhD when you need one?

*EDIT* marine biologist, obviously.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2018, 15:31.

News Comments > Battlefield V Squads Stream Today
3. Re: Battlefield V Squads Stream Today Jul 2, 2018, 13:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

No Behemoths is an excellent design decision, they can swing the map a little too much, and/or be wasted utterly by some random driver who feels like hiding in a corner. Borderline impossible to balance correctly, I'd say.

I'm still looking forward to BFV, although they have dashed many of my hopes by only having player construction in static pre-chosen spots.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2018, 18:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 1, 2018, 17:30:
Someone needs to teach World Cup players how to shoot penalty kicks. They should all be at least 3, preferably 4 ft off the ground at the goal line. Saw so many bad kicks in the two shootouts today. I thought these guys were professionals?

It's almost like they are feeling the pressure of millions(billions?) of people watching their every move, as their nation's chances fall down to the contact of their foot on the ball, one last time.

Penalty kicks are, and always were, lame. Either the kicker keeps his cool and just puts it away from the keeper entirely, or they crack under the pressure/flub it. Keepers only get a chance when the kicker makes a mistake. They have no choice but PKs though, they can't play forever.

*EDIT* Also, I'm not sure if it's that woman's fault, but whoever is responsible for the utterly terrible plots(approval and writing, etc.) of 7 and 8, and to a certain extent, Rogue One, should definitely be fired. Solo was the best of the new movies by far, although apparently it did the worst at the box office.

4307 Comments. 216 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo