Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3626 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto OpenIV Returns
3. Re: Grand Theft Auto OpenIV Returns Jun 24, 2017, 11:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Great news, now they just need to stop charging $59.99 as the base price for the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Woody Johnson, Ambassador to the UK. Jun 23, 2017, 16:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Clearly nothing is wrong with the universe. Carry on.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 22, 2017, 21:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, Darwin award for animals needed. Luckily no humans were killed chasing after that stupid mini-dog, ugh.

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini Warlords Deadly Dozen Released
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2017, 08:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Thanks, guess I'll pass on it until it's under $10 or so.  

News Comments > Nex Machina Released
3. Re: Nex Machina Released Jun 21, 2017, 08:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Overon wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 06:47:
It has no online coop. Only local coop.

Well, that's definitely a flaw, but I'm not doing much coop these days aside from FPS stuff like Killing Floor 2, I don't think my gaming group has the patience for this type of game anymore.

Whatever happened to software like Kali, or whatever it was called back in the day, that provided online multi for LAN/local only games?

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini Warlords Deadly Dozen Released
1. Re: Starpoint Gemini Warlords Deadly Dozen Released Jun 21, 2017, 00:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sooo... is this game still mostly boring, or worthwhile now?

Anybody? Bueller?

News Comments > Nex Machina Released
1. Re: Nex Machina Released Jun 21, 2017, 00:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit, Eugene Jarvis was actually involved? I guess I do have to get this now, especially since it's 30% off for Outland(free last week) owners.

Robotron and Smash TV are two of my favorite games, all time.

Outland was pretty good also.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Thursday
9. Re: Steam Summer Sale Thursday Jun 21, 2017, 00:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yep, price discounts are far less now than past years. I'll probably still pick up a few games if they pass beneath the threshold on the Wishlist though.

Unfortunately, Prey, Resident Evil 7, etc. are all too new to really get discounted.

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
3. Re: Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans? Jun 16, 2017, 11:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Remaster Warcraft 3? That engine still looks very good, and it plays well.

A Diablo 2 remaster would make more sense, but even then I'd probably skip it, I've put thousands of hours into vanilla and modded D2.

News Comments > Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced
4. Re: Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced Jun 14, 2017, 11:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

I ended up enjoying it, even though they clearly made a mistake only have 4 person parties, with a combo move system.

Cutter's criticisms are valid, although I didn't think the writing quality was quite that bad, he's right that there are basically 3-4 endings that you get funneled into.

6 person combat, no combo system(and those resources spent elsewhere), and no emphasis on alternate paths in subsequent playthroughs(some areas locked for an entire game) would have made this game far better.

It's still worth it on sale, in my opnion, and I'll probably get this expansion, just to keep crushing people with my party.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
11. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 14, 2017, 09:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

This thread illustrates the true damaging effect from any Russian(or other agency) misinformation campaign: people continue to assume experts are lying because whatever standard of proof they expect to see has not been released to the public, or they heard something else on some social media page.

Secret/Top Secret information, will never be released to the public, aside from leaks obviously. There is already more evidence for the Russian tampering than there ever was for WMDs in Iraq, as VaranDragon brings up(remember the hearings about the LACK of evidence back then, too late of course, but they did occur). Yet people ignore it because somebody lied to them 15 years ago.

People distrust the media, distrust scientists, distrust doctors(anti vaxxers, etc.), distrust any trained expert and believe shit they read on Facebook or some conspiracy site.

Donald Trump is just a bump in the road in comparison. This sort of systemic distrust of experts is something I am not sure the human race will even survive, let alone overcome within the next 20 years.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2017, 09:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 08:09:
I just love guns, if there is one thing America needs it's more of them. Remember to support the outdated 2nd Amendment.

Which well regulated militia(s) have you joined?

Also, you know the world is in a sorry state when Dennis Rodman is the USA's best potential diplomat with North Korea.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 3
3. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 3 Jun 14, 2017, 09:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

RoboNerd wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 22:02:

Best focus on your business, I fail to see how the travel ban impacts the game industry. Unless your are working on Grand Theft Jihad.

It affects any industry(including the games industry) where not everyone is a Christian US citizen. If any of your employees are, for example, Muslims, they are no longer free to travel into and out of the country for whatever business/personal reasons there may be, without potentially getting shut out, and thus being unavailable for work, let alone having their civil/human rights violated for trumped up scare tactics.

This should be obvious.

News Comments > KILLING FLOOR 2 The Summer Sideshow Begins
1. Re: KILLING FLOOR 2 The Summer Sideshow Begins Jun 14, 2017, 07:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

I played a test round on the new map, tried the new guns, etc.

It feels pretty good, and that map style (run here to activate power, run here/here/here for trap activation, etc.) is a cool addition.

The new models also look way better in most cases than the default models.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announced
7. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announced Jun 13, 2017, 23:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, played a few hours of Long War 2... I do not like the infiltration system.

You can easily get 30+ enemies, with armor and psychic abilities, in literally the first mission in the game if you don't set up infiltration well. (it takes 8 days of waiting, by the way).

I'll need to look around for a Long War 2 mod that keeps all the other cool stuff and scraps that system, that's just annoying.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Trailer
8. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 14:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 13:51:
some of the stuff they are talking about in terms of changes already happened with FC: Primal, but nobody played it so they dont know any better..

I think most of bluesnews skipped Far Cry Primal, I know I did. Far Cry 5 looks pretty good regardless, so it's going on the sale list. I'm thinking under $20 maybe, under $10 for sure.

News Comments > Destiny 2 in October
11. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 14:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

thestryker wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 14:08:
Personally I don't care about a delay because who cares, it's not like anyone loses anything because of it. What I do care about, and honestly I won't be buying this game because of it, is the 1 year (might be more as there is still ps exclusive in destiny) exclusivity on actual game content. It's very disappointing to see gaming outlets largely ignoring it as if it's acceptable. A strike, pvp arena, weapon and potentially more are being held for ps4 exclusive for a year. This is bullshit by any measure as that means you're paying to subsidize the ps4 players content. This is the most poisonous exclusive I've ever seen or heard of in any multiplatform game.

This is my main concern. If this actually ends up being how it plays out, with PC people waiting 1year+ for content, forget it.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 2
2. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 2 Jun 13, 2017, 07:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 22:29:
Devolver had the best conference by far...

Yeah, that was better than the usual E3 presentations, although it felt a little forced to me at times.

Also, Ruiner is looking awesome. Don't turn out to be crap, and don't take another 2 years to be released.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announced
1. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announced Jun 13, 2017, 07:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks somewhat interesting, I'll probably get it. I was feeling the urge for another XCOM2 run anyway, although I was going to do the Long War.  

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Announced
5. Re: The Evil Within 2 Announced Jun 12, 2017, 23:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bill Borre wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 21:10:
Never thought I'd hear Duran Duran as the soundtrack for survival horror.

Duran Duran can go with anything.

Also, what's wrong with this comment section? it's all scrunched up on any computer I open it on, unlike other comment sections on Blues.

3626 Comments. 182 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo