Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2907 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Next Month
7. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Next Month Aug 23, 2016, 07:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm probably not going to bother messing with the Early Access, but I'm definitely looking forward to the retail release. Already got my Kickstarter copy, loved the first one.

I need to go back and play the Director's Cut or Remastered Version or whatever it's called, actually.

*EDIT* Enhanced Edition.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2016, 16:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mafia II, Why has the price gone UP on Steam?? I bought that years ago, I want to say directly through Steam, for like 5-6 bucks. Odd. Then again, Deadpool also went back up in price, and probably more than a few other games.

Re: US Army fudged its accounts by trillions of dollars...

That should come as no surprise to anyone, trillions of dollars being thrown at the Defense Department with zero oversight.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
21. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 16:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty good so far, although some questions are still there:

How pay to win has the game become, with people buying $5000(USD) ships, being in the same universe as people who are still in the intro clunker ship? They got 3000 credits(each? to split?) for that one mission, so how many credits for a ship that can take on a backer-real money ship? 10 million? 100 million? How much grind is planned for the Persistent Universe?

When the one player looted the yellow bike-ship, did BOTH players 'earn' it on their account? Did they earn it permanently at all?

Player hp vs small arms seems insanely high, boringly high. Needs an adjustment from a FPS fun perspective. Or maybe that's already planned, who knows.

Real world space style elevators and doors are cool for 5 minutes, how boring will that shit get though after a few weeks or months of gameplay? Aka fast travel to ship from the bottom of a base, etc.

Some aspects of the game look ripe for trolling, they mentioned they already changed how docking works, hopefully the rest of the game is designed to prevent people tying up the game for others? Killing or locking up important NPCs, jamming elevators or doors with boxes, or whatever.(not counting PKing, etc.)

All those things can be answered eventually of course, just trying to picture the minor details that could turn into real headaches on release.

Still, I'm actually interested now. I could see myself buying this game before it hits the $9.99 bargain bin level.

News Comments > Tyranny Video Diary
4. Re: Tyranny Video Diary Aug 18, 2016, 12:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 10:02:
Feels like there's not been as much talk about this one. And I have to admit that while I'm sure I'll check this out, Pillars 2 is what I'd really like to see...

I think they needed a break from PoEt and had to do a different world for a bit, but yeah there definitely hasn't been as much hype for Tyranny.

Looks pretty good, hopefully it's Unity 5 or whatever so modding isn't quite as much of a hassle as in PoEt.

Speaking of which, they really need to release that next patch for Pillars, still some minor but very annoying issues in the game.

Also, as I watching this video, I was thinking: "hehe, some of these guys got OLD...oh wait, they aren't that much older than I am... "

News Comments > Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds Next Month
2. Re: Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds Next Month Aug 18, 2016, 12:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sheesh, $440 for cosmetics? I know they are optional, but the human race being what it is, I'm sure some people are buying those packages.

Looks like PoE is doing pretty well, financially.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
9. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Aug 17, 2016, 14:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks so awesome, and coming out in November? Perfect!

Hopefully all this hype doesn't lead to crushing disappointment, WH40k games have tricked me before. I'm looking at you, Battlefleet: Gothic Armada.

News Comments > Paragon Open Beta
7. Re: Paragon Open Beta Aug 16, 2016, 18:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game is gorgeous, easily the coolest looking character models I've seen in awhile. However, the gameplay looks like it simply isn't my cup of tea, oh well. Maybe I'll try the beta when I finish XCOM2.

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Evening Previews Aug 16, 2016, 18:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 03:33:
Guys did you watch the 20 minute gameplay video embedded in the article? It is much more DOW1 than DOW2 and actually seems to combine the best aspects of both games really well. The only issue I could maybe be nitpicky about is that the basic units more or less stand around when they are in combat, instead of being more active, dodging, ducking into cover and whatnot like we are used to in Relic games. Still, I bought both DOW1 and DOW2 and loved both (even though DOW2's multiplayer still has me crying crocodile tears) and this looks like something right up my alley....can't wait.

I did watch this video, and the last kinda lengthy one they posted. Both are just Alpha or even pre-alpha content though, not sure how the final game will end up. Although yes, you are right, there definitely seems to be more of a DoW1 focus than a DoW2 style of gameplay.

I am cautiously optimistic for this game.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Aug 15, 2016, 22:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Meh, Warhammer has always been pretty damned colorful, especially the actual tabletop games. 40k, the setting is so grim that's it's practically comical, in my opinion. Billions of lives hang in the balance on every battle, every planet has a super weapon to be contested for with Xeno hordes, ancient chaos beings from beyond the rift encroach upon humanity like low budget Cthulhus, etc.

Not that I don't love the setting, but come on, it's practically a cliche at this point. I better paint my army Neon pink and Yellow so I can tell them apart from everybody elses' blue Ultramarine armies!(j/k I couldn't afford the miniatures as a kid)

I don't mind this graphical style; I'm far more worried about them messing up the gameplay. More DoW1 than DoW2 please!

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans?
28. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 15, 2016, 20:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

I liked V:tM-Bloodlines, even the buggy mess I played in the vanilla release, but my favorite V:tM game is still Redemption. Squad based massacres of armored knights and shotgun toting vampires? Outstanding.

After Redemption, Bloodlines always felt a little lonely to me. I need to go back and play it with an up to date version of that massive unofficial patch though.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 15, 2016, 20:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bonus points for a screen cap from Trolljegeren!

More on topic, yes, the internet is still a hive of scum and villainy. One day, humanity will evolve. One day.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month
1. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month Aug 15, 2016, 20:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yet another ridiculously good video from DICE. I'm sure there will be the usual score of bugs and issues upon release, but I'm still stoked for this game.

Murder by horse? Check.

Armored and cannon-equipped train? Check.

WW1 Bombers dropping bombs onto people messing around trying to sword fight on horseback? Check.

Evaluating parts now for the new gaming desktop.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Testing Skipping PCs
5. Re: Titanfall 2 Testing Skipping PCs Aug 15, 2016, 20:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

...and that plants Titanfall 2 firmly into the bargain bin. Thanks for the heads up, Respawn!

News Comments > Assault Squad 2: Men of War Origins This Month
2. Re: Assault Squad 2: Men of War Origins This Month Aug 13, 2016, 14:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

LittleMe wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 14:04:
The original is a great RTS, my favorite of the MoW games. I'm very glad they're remixing it but I'm not sure about this. I have a feeling it will be priced at $20 which is too high for me but $10 is doable. They should discount it for those who own the original.

Agreed, although I think I got the entire catalog of Men of War games (sans the AS2 from a few years back) off Bundle Stars for like 3 bucks.

*EDIT* Although their naming system is getting cumbersome... first there was Men of War, then Men of War:Assault Squad, then Assault Squad 2(with the new engine), AS2:MoW... even Steam is confused when you type in a partial title to search for it. Strangely enough, it says I already own this upcoming game, AS2:MoW-O? Hopefully that'll be a bank error in my favor, I definitely didn't buy it yet.

I'll definitely get this when it gets close to $10, the Men of War series is great. Looking forward to looting tanks and other vehicles in glorious updated graphics.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 in November
3. Re: Killing Floor 2 in November Aug 13, 2016, 12:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

007Bistromath wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 03:20:
I think they're only doing one more perk, and they've said it's not going to be the Martial Artist. The katana is a Berzerker weapon now, and it was always supposedly going to be for MA. So, I'm pretty sure they've cut MA and replaced it with whatever the unannounced tenth class is. I'm pretty sure they always said there would be ten classes on release.

No idea what it's going to be. It seems like they're already struggling to differentiate a few of the classes they have, though they're all fun to play. Commando just isn't worth the bother on full servers though, it's always less effective than something more specialized when you have a team big enough to cover all the bases.

Still, really great game, the beta has been cool.

Ah, yeah I admit I have not been following the developer news much lately, it would make sense that they either push back or cut Martial Artist entirely to be able to release by November.

Don't get me wrong; I've been enjoying the game a lot actually, ever since Early Access started, aside from that one brief period after the damage resistance patch, but most of that has been resolved by now.

All my perks are at 10-12ish, looking forward to whatever SWAT and class X end up being.

I still like Commando, although clearly it's not the strongest class. This isn't a game that requires absolute min-maxing, which is a good thing for a pub coop game honestly.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Intelligent people tend to be messy, stay awake longer, and swear more. Aug 13, 2016, 12:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 12:05:
See, I always told you fuckers I'm a fucking genius you twats!!11

Hrm, slight(or severe) insomnia, messy desks, cursing like a longshoreman; that covers probably more than a few people on Bluesnews, myself included.

Also, "How to (Not) Fix your Laptop." Mehdi should be making bank on Youtube by now, he always has educational and hilarious videos. Yet it's the complete jackasses with millions of subscribers making $500k+ a year there.

Finally, I wish it was only going to be 90 where I live, it's been positively fatal outside (heat index of 120+) for like two months.

News Comments > Police Simulator Law Enforcement Announced
5. Re: Police Simulator Law Enforcement Announced Aug 13, 2016, 00:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 23:28:
Will I be allowed to harass minorities, illegally confiscate personal property, illegally wiretap on anyone I choose, and never face any consequences for whatever misdeeds I may commit?

Only in "This is the Police," probably not this game.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 in November
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 in November Aug 12, 2016, 21:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Whoa, full release in November? They still have at least 2-3 perks to even release in Early Access... and quite a bit of fine tuning to do, although that will probably just go on after the official release anyway.

SWAT, Martial Artist, and maybe another perk? I forget. SWAT is in the beta version now (separate from Early Access version), but is missing the shield people were actually hoping for.

Good luck, Tripwire.

News Comments > The Witcher III Game of the Year Edition Confirmed
7. Re: Witcher 3 cometh with meade Aug 11, 2016, 21:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 21:30:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 21:08:
Soo... for people who already bought the game and expansion packs, do we get whatever patches come in the GotY version, or do we need to buy something(either the full GotY, or a step-up)?

I was just about to start Witcher 3, but got sidetracked by XCOM 2. Guess I'll wait a bit longer.

You shouldn't have to buy anything. As long as you're up to date on patches, got both expansions, and the free pieces of DLC (17 or so) you have the GOTY edition early. A patch released around the time of Blood and Wine revamped the UI.

Cool, thanks for the info. That's what I expected from CD Projekt RED; they aren't big on nickel and dime-ing people, but I wasn't sure.

News Comments > The Witcher III Game of the Year Edition Confirmed
5. Re: Witcher 3 cometh with meade Aug 11, 2016, 21:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Soo... for people who already bought the game and expansion packs, do we get whatever patches come in the GotY version, or do we need to buy something(either the full GotY, or a step-up)?

I was just about to start Witcher 3, but got sidetracked by XCOM 2. Guess I'll wait a bit longer.

2907 Comments. 146 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo