Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4255 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Headsnatchers Trailer
1. Re: Headsnatchers Trailer Jul 5, 2018, 13:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, from the title, I was expecting a gruesome horror title, about some ancient evil from the beyond the stars, come to Earth for a sanguine harvest.

Nope, Gangbeasts ripoff.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Positronic Psychological Brainnzzzzzzzz Jul 4, 2018, 13:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 12:10:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 10:44:
Holy shit, what insane decision caused them to go deep into a damned cave to get out of the rain?
Uh, I don't think they went into the cave to escape rain. They were visiting the cave, it is a tourist attraction and it then started to rain.

"The boys were found nine days after they entered the caves in Chiang Rai province following a football training session and became trapped by rising waters from heavy rainfall."

Hrm, you're probably right, as that would make a lot more sense, although no purpose is directly listed. Still, trapped 2.5 miles deep in a cave, without shoes even? What the hell kind of field trip/recreational outing was this? I would think these caves have flooded in the past when it rains... no signs anywhere?

Don't get me wrong, I hope they get out safely, but it's like anybody who goes into the wilderness unprepared and the rest of society has to spend millions to get them out safely... part of the blame lies in the coach's decision to go in there at all.

Some of the follow up articles have a much better diagram of the cave layout; looks insanely dangerous, even if it was dry when they went in. I can't fathom why that would seem like a good trip for children.

13. Re: Positronic Psychological Brainnzzzzzzzz Jul 4, 2018, 10:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit, what insane decision caused them to go deep into a damned cave to get out of the rain?

Nobody likes getting rained on, but maybe don't go farther than the mouth of the cave, and when the fucking water starts pouring in, get out?

Now they're screwed, because apparently none of the authorities want to risk them drowning on the way back.

Nothing in the article about any of the families threatening to murder the coach who took the kids into the cave either, surprisingly.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 4, 2018, 10:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 22:07:
If they can bring DL2 close to W3 level of good I'll be a very effing happy camper.

Seriously, I am getting a little hyped up for DL2 now, as far as it being more than an acrobatic jump-kick murder simulator like it's predecessor.

News Comments > Thief of Thieves This Month
1. Re: Thief of Thieves This Month Jul 4, 2018, 05:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell? Thief of Thieves is an amazing comic, but it looks like they totally missed the point of the comic with that gameplay clip. Oh well, it'll join the massive pile of mismanaged comic properties (probably.)

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2018, 13:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 12:29:
Yeah, can't blame that octopus for wanting to hitch a ride on her.

The video ends before the octopus started ripping the flesh from her bones. Joking aside though, I wonder what made the octopus do that? Curiosity? Mistaken food scents? They don't normally grab onto larger fish/mammals... where's an ocean biologist PhD when you need one?

*EDIT* marine biologist, obviously.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2018, 15:31.

News Comments > Battlefield V Squads Stream Today
3. Re: Battlefield V Squads Stream Today Jul 2, 2018, 13:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

No Behemoths is an excellent design decision, they can swing the map a little too much, and/or be wasted utterly by some random driver who feels like hiding in a corner. Borderline impossible to balance correctly, I'd say.

I'm still looking forward to BFV, although they have dashed many of my hopes by only having player construction in static pre-chosen spots.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2018, 18:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 1, 2018, 17:30:
Someone needs to teach World Cup players how to shoot penalty kicks. They should all be at least 3, preferably 4 ft off the ground at the goal line. Saw so many bad kicks in the two shootouts today. I thought these guys were professionals?

It's almost like they are feeling the pressure of millions(billions?) of people watching their every move, as their nation's chances fall down to the contact of their foot on the ball, one last time.

Penalty kicks are, and always were, lame. Either the kicker keeps his cool and just puts it away from the keeper entirely, or they crack under the pressure/flub it. Keepers only get a chance when the kicker makes a mistake. They have no choice but PKs though, they can't play forever.

*EDIT* Also, I'm not sure if it's that woman's fault, but whoever is responsible for the utterly terrible plots(approval and writing, etc.) of 7 and 8, and to a certain extent, Rogue One, should definitely be fired. Solo was the best of the new movies by far, although apparently it did the worst at the box office.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jun 30, 2018, 17:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sheesh, good luck to the team making BFME:Reforged, but that's going to be a mountain of legal issues, one would think. It looks pretty sweet though, I loved those games back in the day, and I hope they succeed.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
10. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 30, 2018, 17:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 13:20:
You.... you guys know this is about Dying Light 2, right? That it's being compared to GoT an TW3 by introducing choices which have an impact on a world which has regressed to a "dark age" and a narrative design being provided by Chris Avellone who's worked in some of the most influential, story-driven RPGs ever, yeah?

Yeah, people are somewhat sleeping on this game... on paper at least, it promises to be MUCH more than its predecessor. I'm hoping it turns out awesome...just keep the melee and movement from the first game, make the coop fully functional with the campaign(I think I remember some issues from the first one?) and GIVE US THE OPTION TO TURN OFF WEAPON DEGRADATION.

Also a real story would be nice.

News Comments > Battlefield V Gameplay Video
4. Re: Battlefield V Gameplay Video Jun 29, 2018, 12:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 12:14:
The ammo restriction is the best part of this game. There's no more spam, everything feels tactical, and much more realistic.

The support can throw down ammo boxes, there's 9 bullets from dead bodies everywhere, and you're less than 100m from a full ammo/health resupply station at any time.

There's just no more spam, you have to use your head.

Well, that's the plus side, limiting spam. I'm sure DICE considered this system quite a bit, and it's still alpha, so I'm not overly worried, just I know how it gets sometimes in BF games, where sometimes teammates utterly refuse to drop ammo, or play objectives, or revive, for that matter.

News Comments > Battlefield V Gameplay Video
2. Re: Battlefield V Gameplay Video Jun 29, 2018, 12:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I'm definitely disappointed that you can only build in certain predefined spots on the maps, as somebody pointed out several BFV threads ago, but it still looks like there are a LOT of build points on some maps, so that's better than nothing. Engine limitations no doubt, oh well.

Otherwise, gunplay seems largely similar to BF1, which isn't a bad thing, although the ammo system seems to be a mistake. Basically spawn with one clip? Loot like 6-9 bullets from an enemy kill? Does the support even have an ammo box to drop, or do you have to choose between ammo or building supplies? Ugh.

Some of these design choices seem anti-fun, regardless of attempted balance reasons. I don't do Alpha testing without getting paid, but of course we all pay to do Beta testing these days, with modern releases.

Still looking forward to the game, I'll try to finish up some RPGs and try to truly get sick of BF1 to clear up some SSD space before October. It's an October release, right?

*EDIT* Nvm, that support has building supplies AND ammo packs, and it looks like landmines. Minor Crisis averted.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2018, 11:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, sweat proof headphones, interesting! How much? Oh, $249, right.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 26, 2018, 23:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

$170 for a used box, with NO disc inside? What the fuck? I mean, I know humanity is stupid, but come on now.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free DLC
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free DLC Jun 23, 2018, 00:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice, although they REALLY need to redo the free DLCs, and add them all into one pack or something, it makes the update process hell on any system that has the windows permissions for admin turned off, ie. you have to acknowledge EACH update(of which there are like 12 now) each time. Windows 8.1 and earlier basically, does not happen on my windows 10 laptop.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 22, 2018, 12:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Regular sports have nothing to worry about from E Sports, there will always be people looking to watch roided out man-children giving each other brain damage.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jun 20, 2018, 23:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bleh, corporatized movies. You don't make a billion dollars on Solo and cancel anything that might end up being great, aka a Fett movie, post Sarlac pit? Jedi stories away from the Skywalkers?

Oh well, they will probably ruin the remaining movies anyway.

Solo was easily the best of the new Star Wars films (7, 8, Rogue One) too, if people might have enjoyed it more, if they could get over the fact that Harrison Ford is an old man and sick of the Han role anyway.

News Comments > XENONAUTS 2 Kickstarter and Alpha Combat Demo
1. Re: XENONAUTS 2 Kickstarter and Alpha Combat Demo Jun 20, 2018, 23:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looking good already, although apparently 3 years into development, so not that surprising.

I'm interested, and these guys seem to be able to actually release Kickstarted projects in my lifetime... I might contribute.

News Comments > Scrolls Revived as (Free) Caller's Bane
1. Re: Scrolls Revived as (Free) Caller's Bane Jun 20, 2018, 23:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweet, this game seemed pretty interesting, but I hadn't even really tried it before they shut it down, for whatever crazy reason.

I wonder if they are trying to monetize it at all, with additional cards eventually, or something?

I'll try it out this weekend, hopefully.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Four year old review ahoy! Jun 17, 2018, 15:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Welcome to the joys of online treadmill gaming, Creston!

The only way to win games like Elder Scrolls Online is to not play at all.

Luckily we're sort of living in a golden age of single player gaming right now, in spite of the rest of the world/humanity being complete shit.

4255 Comments. 213 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo