Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2635 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part 2 Released
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part 2 Released Feb 17, 2016, 13:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

After 5-6 hours of playing, on a high level party, I'm really enjoying almost everything they've added/changed except the overall nerf to traditional casters.(Rest to recharge spells). Priests, Druids, Wizards, lost their Per Encounter change, and got mastery of 1 spell instead, that gives one cast per encounter.

I can understand why they changed it, you used to be able to Oil Slick and Cold Fog your way to victory, but I disagree with the change. IE Mod can't get updated fast enough!

Seems relatively bug free also, especially on my newer Ranger and Barb playthroughs. Old Rogue playthrough from Day 1 has an icon bug of some sort, that must be corrupted in the saves themselves... persists even after a fresh install.

I am really missing the movement speed boost and auto save disable from IE Mod though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Make War Not Love 3
1. Re: Make War Not Love 3 Feb 16, 2016, 21:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I wonder if Pro-Pain has tried to sue these guys.

4. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part 2 Released Feb 16, 2016, 21:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 20:13:
Well there are people that think the White March dlc is a much better campaign vs original. Beyond content they've been making steady changes to everything else and from what I played they all were for the good for the most part. However... I wonder if the load times are any faster yet?

Well, yes, the load times are faster than the vanilla, unpatched game. They put some improvements in for that a few patches ago. They get worse the bigger your save files get though, I am not sure if that's a function of Unity or their save system. Load times between zones are improved somewhat, SSD helps the most of course.

*EDIT* Also, forgot to mention, use IE Mod and turn off the autosave after every zone change, that will dramatically speed the load times up. Of course, Patch 3.0 IE Mod isn't finished yet, but probably a week or so.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2016, 01:36.

News Comments > SEGA Freebies
8. Re: SEGA Freebies Feb 16, 2016, 21:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm tried to add that in Steam, doesn't seem to work correctly for the Sega Classics pack, can't even go to that page.

Is Streets of Rage 2 actually in there somewhere? If so, YES! If not, meh. I can't even guess how many hours I put into SoR2, Road Rash, and maybe 2-3 other games on Genesis. Unfortunately EA owns some of those.

News Comments > Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump
24. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 16, 2016, 21:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 18:39:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 18:37:
Yeah...FO4 just got pushed to the "wait for the $9.99 GotY version" pile.

I hear the game is good, but I can't support anymore of this season pass bullshit, particularly if they are going to bump up the price.

I never really understood this mentality...you aren't required to purchase the Season Pass for any game, much like you aren't required to pre-order shit.

But be damned that they release these optional components for those that do want to purchase it!

Well for a game as huge as Fallout 4, it's not nearly as big a deal, and there will be free mods a plenty, but scores of games have *apparently* cut content only to sell it for extra later in the form of various DLCs/Season Passes or whatever else. That's an old, old can of worms though, and not totally relevant here, where they are just raising the price on future content.

When I finish up Far Cry 4 and Shadows of Mordor I'll coin flip, Witcher 3 or FO4 for my next open world-ish playground. But... IE Mod will probably be done for Pillars in a week... and XCOM2 is standing there, bursting at the seams practically...

2. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part 2 Released Feb 16, 2016, 18:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 18:01:
Is the DLC that makes the game not suck?

Lol, before I even opened this comment section, I knew it'd be Cutter posting something along those lines.

More on topic: Anybody with the gog.com version notice a version difference? IE. it says patch 3.00, version is actually 2.700x ?

I'm waiting on IE Mod anyway, just curious if that's the actual new patch and not a gog error.

News Comments > Battlezone Remake Renamed; Coming This Spring
4. Re: Battlezone Remake Renamed; Coming This Spring Feb 16, 2016, 18:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 18:23:
Gladly play this again with modern hardware. Loved this first one the best (b2 didn't do much for me).

A lot of people say this, and I don't get it, honestly. I have to assume it's the backgrounds, the moon looked cooler than a lot of jungle planets, etc. that were in BZ2.

Planet landscapes aside, BZ2 was about as superior as you could get to a given predecessor, in every other way.

Oh well, more interest in Battlezone(*) is always good.

News Comments > Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump
12. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 16, 2016, 18:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah...FO4 just got pushed to the "wait for the $9.99 GotY version" pile.

I hear the game is good, but I can't support anymore of this season pass bullshit, particularly if they are going to bump up the price.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 16, 2016, 16:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Basically, the next step required is to make a machine capable of reading/outputting these 5D storage wafers, that will last 13 billion years.

Post apocalyptic mutants will use these wafers as pogs or currency or something.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Troubleshooting
3. Re: XCOM 2 Troubleshooting Feb 11, 2016, 13:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Excellent. By the time I get around to actually having the free time required to play this, it'll have dropped in price and be patched up enough to run well on my old desktop. Mwahaha!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: HBO with just 800,000 subscribers. Feb 10, 2016, 22:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's almost like HBO charges to goddamn much for most people to bother with. Quite surprising.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion and Patch This Month
7. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion and Patch This Month Feb 4, 2016, 20:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 19:10:
For me the 2 expansions were biggest disappointment of all my KS projects so far because they were mid-game expansions, and this game has ZERO replay value imo.

Hrm, that's a shame, I'm on my third playthrough right now. Oh well, not every game is going to be great for everybody.

Luckily we're in a bit of a RPG rich environment right now, and I think the various companies made enough off of the current crop that all the studios realize there is a real RPG market out there.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Feb 4, 2016, 20:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

I don't get this guy; is he literally a sociopath, or is he playing it up for some unknown scheme?

Either way I hope his shit leads to a crack down on pharmaceutical price gouging, as well as some serious prison time for more people than just him.

News Comments > DOOM in May
28. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 15:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I'll most likely get this at $10 or less on sale, but the last Serious Sam game did a lot of up close kill animations similar to this sort of thing(when using your fists), and it ended up being pretty good.

All the Brutal Doom hype does make me want to download that though.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion and Patch This Month
2. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion and Patch This Month Feb 4, 2016, 15:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

I don't think anybody is expecting this patch to be bug free, it is Obsidian after all.

Still, I'm looking forward to it with great anticipation! Just maybe a week or two after with mods and bug fixes.

News Comments > Diablo III Season Rebirth Reminder
9. Re: Diablo III Season Rebirth Reminder Feb 4, 2016, 02:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

I tried this latest D3 patch, can't maintain any interest. Zero interest in seasons as well. Everybody I knew who was still marginally playing D3 has quit.

Luckily, Grim Dawn is feature complete, and the full release is coming up soon. I've got 5 characters in various stages of leveling; the new map is great, Shrine system seems very good, potentially great. Also, got my first two purple drops on my highest level guy (Soldier/Demolitionist [Commando]), it seems like the itemization is in a pretty good spot currently. Legendary(purple) items were a clear step or two up from Epics, yet I did have comparable Epics and Rares before I got these purples.

Only issue I've had with the game so far is that it seems like drops don't seem to be random enough, a lot of repeat epics that make me feel as though drops are getting wasted internally somehow. I didn't really need that 6th Gunslinger coat, Grim Dawn.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: CS Player Fake Hacks Trap Thousands... Feb 1, 2016, 21:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yep, CS:GO sounds like an utter cesspool of cheating asshats. What a shame.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 31, 2016, 19:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

There must be a LOT of cheaters in CS:GO, people keep buying that game so often. Quite a few ban waves from what I hear, clearly it's financially viable for Valve and the cheat program coders.

I'm tempted to buy XCOM 2, but I think I'll hold off for a few months, the queue is looking ridiculous right about now.

News Comments > Try Star Citizen for Free
40. Re: Try Star Citizen for Free Jan 30, 2016, 13:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

27gb alpha? I am going to bookmark this thread.

Going to have to switch to celery sticks or something though, cannot tolerate that much popcorn.

News Comments > Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month
7. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Jan 30, 2016, 13:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Haha, every Star Citizen update tries to one-up the last in terms of shock and ridiculousness, I can only admire their audacity at this point.

Only thing I'd be interested in is the single player version anyway, so this may be a good thing, long term. REALLY long term.

2635 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo