Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2594 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
26. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 11, 2016, 23:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have a 'gaming' laptop, in that it has a halfway decent video card and decent processor/ram, decently sized SSD. 19" screen? 17.something I think.

Of course you get more bang for your buck with a desktop, but sometimes the convenience of being able to carry around something you can still play most games at reasonable resolutions is nice to have.

That said, this Razer thing is somewhat interesting, but not what I was hoping the article was about, aka the next in the line of large screen, full keyboard(with numpad!), good cpu, good ram and SSD laptops. Which may or may not get extremely hot while gaming.

This one is about 2.5 years old now, contemplating an upgrade.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Roadmap
2. Re: Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Roadmap Jan 10, 2016, 10:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

My experience was about the same as yours, I've never liked timers in games, and all these Survival based games are basically just pitting you against a clock the entire time.

Still, I thought Don't Starve is extremely well made, just not my cup of tea, for most of that genre.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 8, 2016, 22:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

God, she's a flat earther. That's just embarrassing to the human race as a whole.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Trailer
5. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Trailer Jan 8, 2016, 22:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting. I'll be getting this at some point, but at some distant sale/GotY version, not anytime soon.

The queue is just untameable at this point. Also, Blue, why doesn't your spellchecker recognize 'untameable' ?? It's a perfectly cromulant word! (Obligatory Simpsons ref.)

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 8, 2016, 18:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell is wrong with Kickstarter? They should have immediately blocked this guy's either extremely naive, or outright scam attempt when it was submitted.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jan 8, 2016, 11:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fair enough, the games queue is quite ridiculous already. Although just a heads up to people considering, there is an option on the store page for PA owners to pay a reduced upgrade fee, currently it's like $9.90 or something.

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]
7. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 11:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'll say it if no one else will:

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

Clearly he felt he could leave, now that HL3 is complete.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Banned for off-site activity. Jan 8, 2016, 11:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, Star Citizen. Whenever I start feeling that 'hey, isn't it a shame nobody has tried to replicate Scientology in the PC gaming scene?' I can just read one of your news stories.

Surely nothing can go wrong with having employees track people online to see if they speak out against the project!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Film vs. digital- the most contentious debate in the film world, explained Jan 7, 2016, 21:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

WHAT THE SHIT?!

You gave up FiOS for cable!?!?!? ARRRRGH! I would slap all of YallQaeda for some FiOS where I live.

IMMEDIATELY get FiOS, just watch Amazon Prime, Netflix, Crunchyroll, Hulu, whatever... ARRRGH! Just thinking about that situation is infuriatingly depressing.

But seriously god luck with your situation, I highly recommend a return to FiOS.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 7, 2016, 21:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm tempted to buy PA:Titans, but they were such jerks about the whole thing, it seems like a mistake to support their bullshit.

Hrm, coinflip time maybe.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview
12. Re: Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview Jan 7, 2016, 20:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Undocumented Alien wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 18:34:
Well, Grim Dawn is definitely an evolution of TQ, with ex-TQ developers and a modified Titan's Quest engine.

There's also some D1/D2 developers as part of the GD team. Your also not forced online, and can play Internet or LAN COOP... which as far as I'm concerned is light years better than the online DRM that D3 and PoE have.

All 3 have there +/-, but GD hangs with those two easily (plus NOT forcing you online).

Oh I know, but I can't honestly say that D3 doesn't have a better engine, or PoE doesn't have a better setup for the passives, or a much better short length league model. I enjoy Grim Dawn the most currently, but even Torchlight 2 has some pluses over Grim Dawn, to be honest.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2016, 20:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

...comments that will of course get you added to some sort of corporate terrorist list.

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Jan 7, 2016, 20:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 17:40:
Very excited about this. 1 more month.

Edit: Oh God, no...

Most start concealed and with a set number of rounds before mission failure, making each match more fast-paced than you’d think a turn-based strategy could be.

So MOST missions now have a fucking turn counter???? Well, that puts a huge damper on my interest.

Wow, that is a fucking terrible change. I hated the timed missions the most in the first one.

Also, expensive Day 1 dlc.

Oh well, bargain bin it is, on the one hand it's good this choice was so easy.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 7, 2016, 20:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

For a second I thought this was about frozen pizza.

Wow, HARSH reviews on Steam, lol. Rougher than you normally see for a game.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview
9. Re: Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview Jan 7, 2016, 12:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 09:14:
The problem I have with Grim Dawn is it feels like everything is for nothing. The community is small and it just feels too far under the shadow of Path of Exile and Diablo for me to really sink my claws in to. If I want a better baselone ARPG, I'll play PoE and if I want better combat, I'll play Diablo.

I recently gave GD the best attempt I have ever done and hit level 30 with a Stormbringer Druid build but by then I was practically out of all ambition to continue. I wasn't really a fan of Titan's Quest either so this is likely where that lack of interest stems from.

Well, Grim Dawn is definitely an evolution of TQ, with ex-TQ developers and a modified Titan's Quest engine. So far I'm pretty impressed, I have a level 58 Demolitionist/Solder, mostly focused on Ranged and Grenados, who is pretty fun to play, but yes, clearly PoE and Diablo3 do certain things better.

Still, Grim Dawn isn't even out of early release yet. I think they are aiming for February for the official release? What you can play now is 'feature complete' but I've noticed a couple bugs this past build, particularly with some regents not combining correctly this last patch.

As for D3, I'll probably try this new patch, but their steadfast desire to force people to play seasons to unlock STORAGE SPACE in Non-Seasons is making me wonder if it isn't just time to give up on D3 and free up some of my SSD space.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 21:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 15:53:
So is the DLC that makes it good? Given how bad the original game is they should be giving these things away.

Sheesh, we get it, you aren't a fan of Pillars of Eternity. Do the haters need to come out for this every PoEt thread?

Besides, based on past game experience, PoEt 2 will be one of the greatest RPGs of all time. (BG1 vs BG2)

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month
1. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month Jan 5, 2016, 21:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, it's good that this is getting closer to being finished, but under no circumstances will I be playing this game early/unfinished.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 5, 2016, 12:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I find these to be completely credible. False Advertising!

The technical artists from Popular Mechanics etc. will always have work.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 12:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

When all you have is a hammer...

Looking forward to this though, PoEt is arguably the best of the current crop of new squad based RPGs. Only issue I have with Pillars at this point is the developers seem a little too easily swayed by the vocal minority on their forums, some of the 'balance' changes are drastically changing the gameplay, and not for the better in my opinion. But, when this is finally out and patched, then the balance mods can get finished up and PoEt can be a truly great game.

I've been finishing up some AAA games recently, such as Shadow of Mordor, waiting for this second part of the expansion to come out. Many thousands of Orcs have been murdered to control my boredom.

News Comments > Garry's Mod Sells 10M
3. Re: Garry's Mod Sells 10M Jan 3, 2016, 15:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

wtf, 10 million?

Well it's been on extreme sale several times, but that's still mighty impressive!

2594 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo