Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2906 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released
12. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 14:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice, showed up in my Steam Library when I checked today. I'll try this out hopefully tonight, although I don't know if I'll put a ton of hours into this, all my ARPG time goes to Grim Dawn.

*EDIT* Haha, that change log is immense! I may have to round up the old TQ group to run through this again, they are all sick of D3 at this point anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BT Steamed at Valve: Suing
7. Re: BT Steamed at Valve: Suing Sep 1, 2016, 13:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

I fervently hope BT loses this case, but like most patent suits, they filed in Delaware or Texas, both of which have courts and judges that strongly support any patent claim, no matter how ridiculous.

The Patent Office and patents in general need a major overhaul, but it's not just that aspect of the system, plenty of judges and lawyers, in Texas especially, knowingly support patent trolls for big settlements and trial awards.

They also count on extremely ignorant juries if it does go to trial. Do you think the average person off the street, swept up for jury duty, is going to side with Steam, even if they understand the issue? "Fat game nerds with billions? Those fuckers! I'll make sure they lose it all!"

Good luck, Valve.

News Comments > Mother Russia Bleeds Gameplay Video
3. Re: Mother Russia Bleeds Gameplay Video Sep 1, 2016, 13:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Probably going to buy this through Gog.

Nice ultra gory Streets of Rage/any Capcom beat-em-up clone, looks awesome.

News Comments > Mess Affect: Mass Effect Remasters Hopes Dashed
8. Re: Mess Affect: Mass Effect Remasters Hopes Dashed Sep 1, 2016, 13:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slightly off topic, the Road Rash remake, Road Redemption, is awesome.

I got in at the Early Access level on Steam, and even months ago, the last time I checked their build, it's fun to play and relatively bug free. The combat is great, the sense of speed is good, although they did stray from classic Road Rash with some rooftop maps, but those are honestly pretty interesting.

Definitely worth the $10 (or $15) bucks I spent on the last sale, probably worth the 20 they are asking, although to be fair I have been waiting for the retail release and have stopped playing the Early Access version.

Remastered Mass Effect: not interested, personally. Mass Effect is pretty overrated in my opinion. Combat was passable, story was reasonably good, companions were reasonably good to mediocre, planet scanning was atrocious. I would never play that game again without hacking planet resources to avoid scanning. Or was that ME2? At least one of them had terrible resource generation mechanics!

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
48. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 15:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Played around a little bit with this beta(although it says Alpha still on one of the splash screens?) and amazingly enough, it runs very well on my old desktop, Win7 64b, Radeon7970, i7 860(2.8ghz) 8gb RAM.

Graphics and sound are stunning. I think I may actually go back and buy SW:Battlefront, if it looks like this, just to play around in single player and with bots, even if the servers are all dead by now.

The Map, Menus all seem usable enough, enlarging the map doesn't lock you out of the game controls, which is a good decision. As others have said, picking weapon load outs and spawn points on the same screen is a great change.

The game does feel way slower, at least in vehicles, compared to previous Battlefield games. I'm not sure if that's going to end up making me lose interest quicker or not yet; horse murder seems like it'll always be hilarious.

Most annoying bug for me so far: Vehicle controls are NOT getting saved correctly! I don't use WASD at all, and the game won't use my Numpad settings for ground vehicles, only the default keys are enabled.

Bug or Feature: Picking up the flame thrower forces you to put on your gas mask and leave it on? Minor Annoyance if that's an intended feature.

Are there supposed to be poison gas attacks at some point in the game? I didn't see anything in my limited playtime so far that could launch poison gas, as far as I could tell. I'm assuming there is, at least on some maps, to explain the gas mask toggle.

I'll try to play some more when EA isn't being DDoS attacked.

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
25. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 30, 2016, 07:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Congrats, CD Projekt RED. I've spent a minor shitload on gog.com(slowly catching up to my Steam expenditures), with no complaints. I think I own every game they've ever made, as well.

Aside from that, the internet has a LONG memory, people. No need to come clean here.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Aug 30, 2016, 07:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'll echo the other compliments; very nice review and video, Quinn, also good job not taking 30 minutes to review a game.

I loved Deus Ex:HR, and went through it with zero kills(aside from 1 story kill?). I suppose I'll have to keep my Jensen to low violence and no fatalities in this one also.

There will be a lot of darts to the neck, and cybernetically enhanced punches to the face that somehow don't kill people.

News Comments > TOXIKK Trailer
2. Re: TOXIKK Trailer Aug 30, 2016, 07:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Clearly lifting heavily from old school UT and Quake 3, although I'm not sure nostalgia will be enough for me to get really into that sorta DM again, especially with BF1 coming up fairly soon.

Still, that's a smart decision to have a free to play trial type release, and the PC only focus should draw in some old crusty bastards.

One of these maps is a straight rip from Unreal Tournament, another looks almost all Quake 3. Reskinned of course. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I can't be the only one who is beyond sick of some old maps?

I'll probably try this at some point, if only to test the new comp when it's all assembled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 28, 2016, 16:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

PHJF wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 11:46:

And I played it with a DS4 pad so I cant comment on mouse/keyboard (if you already own a PS3, why wouldn't you want to just use a DS3?)

Hrm, I never even looked around for any PC/PS3 controller software. Are you talking about this or is there a better program out there?

Or better yet, automatically recognized by Windows, for the DS3, etc.

I'll get DD:DA on PC next time it goes on sale then. Just finishing XCOM2 now, need to finish out a few RPGs than I can move onto the next long game.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 28, 2016, 11:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

In Soviet Russia, lawmakers' sons ... well nevermind, politicians' children the world over usually end up as scumbags. You get a pass this time, Russia.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 28, 2016, 11:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

I bought a PS3 copy of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen a few months back, finally got around to actually playing it... the game is actually really good! Minor Consolitis of course.

Unfortunately the PS3 version is 720p, and my eyes are sending me hate mail. How is the PC port? Assuming it scales up in resolution, I may have to pick that version up instead. Steam reviews are pretty damn favorable. Are the Mouse/KB controls tolerable, or does it require a gamepad?

Also, keep selling tons of copies, No Man's Sky... when I pick you up in 6 months to a year I expect a vastly improved game.

News Comments > Attack on Titan Released
6. Re: Attack on Titan Released Aug 26, 2016, 16:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is just making me want the next season of the anime even more. This game looks intolerable though, after about 10 minutes of play.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2016, 16:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Retired wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 15:53:
hahahah Just read an article that No Man's Sky is wiping data entered by players every two weeks! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

(All plants and animals on my first planet were reset)

What? Source please, googled server wipe and they are all talking about the pre-launch wipe. That sucks if true.

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
10. Re: Vampyr Trailer Aug 26, 2016, 16:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

wtf_man wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 13:50:
No... Because it's WAY shoulder-cam (practically side cam) like Alan Wake. I can't stand that.

What the... Alan Wake hate!?

I loved Alan Wake, for the $7.49 or whatever I bought it for. I suspect I'll probably be quite pleased with Vampyr at around the same price.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2016, 20:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm sure the translated conversation would be something along the lines of: "meh, there goes the fucking pipes. Oh well. More vodka?"

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Divinity Original Sin 2 Aug 25, 2016, 20:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy SHEEEITT... that is one heroic looking lizard man. Choose your musical instrument! I love everything in that picture.

Looking forward to every game in this evening preview list, actually.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Countdown
10. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 25, 2016, 20:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sepharo wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 19:06:

Would you say it was a perfect 5 out of 7?

Haha! Is that a real exchange? That's damned near perfect. I don't even know if I'd mind if it was faked.

*EDIT* More on topic: I don't know what you guys are so mad about, it's not like this one could be worse, or more delayed.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Tactical Response Update
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Tactical Response Update Aug 25, 2016, 19:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Played around a bit with the SWAT perk today... feels pretty good, although I think they really need to work a riot shield/1handed gun/melee weapon into the perk, in some way or another. Right now it feels basically like the Commando with slightly different guns.

Still, SWAT has enjoyable gun play, the basic requirement. It seems almost too easy to pop heads with the SMGs though, very controllable while full auto.

I swear the Fleshpound has a new roar now; it sounds appropriately intimidating.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details
22. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details Aug 25, 2016, 13:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, the same old DLC shit, unfortunately every video of BF1 I see looks amazing, so I'm going to have to give in and buy it. I skipped BF:Star Wars and Hardline at least.

I would like it if EA would just be honest, and charge 100 bucks(or 110 I guess) for the full game, day one. Missing maps and weapons in a FPS is just intolerable, and if they have separate classes behind the DLC wall also? Ugh. Just call the $60 version of the game the Demo version.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Next Month
7. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Next Month Aug 23, 2016, 07:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm probably not going to bother messing with the Early Access, but I'm definitely looking forward to the retail release. Already got my Kickstarter copy, loved the first one.

I need to go back and play the Director's Cut or Remastered Version or whatever it's called, actually.

*EDIT* Enhanced Edition.

2906 Comments. 146 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo