Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4307 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month
8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 3, 2018, 00:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Caladell wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 22:36:
Fanatical is fine. I order from them quite frequently. And they are absolutely on isthereanydeal. I get emails daily from them mentioning Fanatical deals.

Hrm, you're right, there it is right off the main page of isthereanydeal, Fanatical.

They just didn't have competitive prices for the three games I looked up!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans
7. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 2, 2018, 23:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bioware's last good RPG was Dragon Age: Origins. That company is gone.

They make some fun shooter RPG lite games again at some point, but I'm leaning to them ruining Anthem more than succeeding in making a fun coop game, at this point.

I couldn't even bring myself to finish Mass Effect 3, although I did enjoy ME1 and ME2.

6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 2, 2018, 22:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

How legit/scammy is Fanatical now? I bought a few things off of them when they were Bundle Stars, but the prices seemed suspicious.

Fanatical isn't even listed on istehreanydeal.com, so it makes me wonder if they are in the same ballpark as G2A or some other sites selling game keys bought with stolen credit cards, etc.

I'm trying to avoid supporting sites like G2A in the future.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free and Paid DLC Released
2. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free and Paid DLC Released Aug 2, 2018, 21:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweet, by the time I get back to PoEt 2 to do my second run, there should be a couple DLCs out.

I'm going to seriously try to finish up the Witcher series first though! The pressure's on now that Cyberpunk has been officially announced.

Obsidian: you should have made this game based around 6 man parties... it's good, but it could have been better.

2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 2, 2018, 13:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 10:35:
Aaaah there it is. Now we just need a 9.99 (or less) price tag on this edition and then we're talkin' bizness.

Well I agree, but that is probably going to be a long wait, the base game is still $59.99 on Steam.

News Comments > Insurgency: Sandstorm Preorder Beta Next Week
1. Re: Insurgency: Sandstorm Preorder Beta Next Week Aug 2, 2018, 13:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Check out this footage of me dominating utterly in the Alpha.

Joking aside, this game looks good, sounds GREAT, I'm actually getting a bit interested about it now.

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen 2 Direction Change
1. Re: Lords of the Fallen 2 Direction Change Aug 1, 2018, 12:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

"We'll make it more like Dark Souls! Also, we'll add Battle Royale, that'll bring 'em in!"

News Comments > Killing Floor: Incursion Adds Map and Windows Mixed Reality
1. Re: Killing Floor: Incursion Adds Map and Windows Mixed Reality Aug 1, 2018, 07:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm sure the 3 people who have VR headsets and play KF:I are overjoyed.

On the plus side, KF2 is still awesome, with the best shooting mechanics (and best melee mechanics! ) of almost any FPS game.

Too bad the objective mode is pretty much trash.

News Comments > Steam Adding More Trade Scam Protection
3. Re: Steam Adding More Trade Scam Protection Aug 1, 2018, 07:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2018, 01:36:
I hear what you are saying Bistro, but it would be nice if Valve, by far the industry leader, could be more proactive. For years now, everything has been just react, react, react.

Nobody is going to wheel their desks over and due the necessary but boring work, when they can goof off all day making new hats for TF2, and CGI videos with TF2 characters, etc.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 and 4 Free DLC
6. Re: Battlefield 1 and 4 Free DLC Aug 1, 2018, 07:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 23:51:
Naval strike is really fun, best DLC pack in any Battlefield game in a long time... except maybe for final stand also in BF4.

But how would you really know Naval Strike is fun... that map/game mode got played for about 4 days when it came out, then all of those servers were empty.

Maybe it's made a resurgence these days though, I haven't had BF4 installed in years.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 and 4 Free DLC
3. Re: Battlefield 1 and 4 Free DLC Jul 31, 2018, 23:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

DangerDog wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 22:18:
They keep this up and people will be having too much fun playing older Battlefield games to bother with #V

I'm kinda tempted to go back to BF4 myself, that was probably the most fun and (mostly) balanced of the Battlefield games.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 31, 2018, 23:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 17:24:
I still say Twitter has its purpose. Are you a brand? There's no better way to engage with consumers and build your brand online. It's quick and it's easy. I've definitely had customer service handled much, much faster by reaching out via Twitter than anywhere else.

But if you're a human trying to build your brand, you need to think about how permanent it is and how your brand may evolve over time. Much like talking to the media, controversy is probably bad. There are people who have valid reasons to use Twitter, but they need to be smarter. For a ton, Instagram is smarter. It's visual, and it doesn't converse much, so the odds of putting up something that bothers anyone is way diminished, though I'll agree some people need to be verbal, not visual, for their careers.

Are you a regular person? There's little Twitter is good for, other than maybe information and definitely complaining to a brand when they screw up. But building yourself up? It's a shitty medium for conversation, and odds are you have nothing interesting to say in that space and no one is listening right now, anyway. Unless you know for a fact 10,000+ people are interested in what you have to say, there are a billion better and less public places to say it.

Anyway, those use cases are so narrow I just don't get why people go there. I have an account, post nothing, follow no one. It's just for when my flight gets canceled and I need Delta to rebook me immediately (seriously, I've twice gotten airlines to call me directly when their own call line had an hour+ wait.)

That's crazy that Delta or any company will actually respond and help you via Twitter, but good use of an otherwise cancerous blight upon the human race.

All of humanity should avoid social media, but people drink raw sewage , sooo....

News Comments > Abstractism Yoinked
7. Re: Abstractism Yoinked Jul 31, 2018, 16:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Frijoles wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 12:20:
I'd like to see Valve release a Steam Premier which is basically a curated form of their store. Leave Steam up with all the shit that goes with it for people who like to live dangerously. Steam Premier could be like old Steam. Same app, just a different section of it.

I get why you'd want this, but I disagree that any sort of segregated portion of Steam, where Valve actually does their damn jobs, is the correct answer.

Valve just needs to wheel some of their desks together into customer support/scam search on the mountains of trash/scams etc. on their service.

News Comments > Chasm Opens Up
6. Re: Chasm Opens Up Jul 31, 2018, 15:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

I get annoyed at most deliberately retro graphics based games, but this looks halfway decent, but refresh my memory, was this one of the Kickstarted games that took like 6 years to make? I've lost track of them all.

News Comments > Origin Access Premier Premiers
7. Re: Origin Access Premier Launches Jul 31, 2018, 09:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Just thinking aloud, but how many $10-15 a month services do companies realistically think most people can afford, or even find time to use?

Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime(ish), HBO, Origin(now), Gamefly, CBS Online, you name it, everybody wants that monthly fee cash cow.

Without anything but anecdotal evidence to back it up, it seems like people are just dropping most of them except for one, maybe two services.

There must be some whales out there that are just subscribing to everything and forgetting about it.

News Comments > Monster Hunter World PC Performance Explained
5. Re: Monster Hunter World PC Performance Explained Jul 30, 2018, 12:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

ItBurn wrote on Jul 30, 2018, 11:58:
I don't know if this game is optimized or not, but I don't understand why people expect that they can run every game at max settings. We can easily make a well optimized game where its max settings can't be run by modern PCs. The software has been ready for ages, we're just waiting for the hardware to catch up. Devs actually have to lower the quality of max settings in their games so that gamers won't complain they can't run them. This is the Crysis paradox.

This is definitely the post-Crysis generation complaining about this the loudest on Steam forums and elsewhere.

That said, I won't be buying this game anytime soon, the coop group will probably go with Strange Brigade.

News Comments > Steam Game Abstractism Under Fire
2. Re: Steam Game Abstractism Under Fire Jul 30, 2018, 12:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh. I don't normally even attempt to buy random trash like this, but Valve/Steam has got to do a better job than this, in removing/banning clear scam titles. Literally running a Monero miner in your 'game' ? Seriously?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 29, 2018, 21:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jul 29, 2018, 20:49:
I want to see a Battle Royale game based on The Thing. If you are human and kill a human, you're both out. If you're the thing, you try to kill or convert as many humans as you can. I haven't worked out the rest.

There is already at least one game or mod for a game like that, although not based on the Thing. I think it was zombie related? Any 'zombies/infected' that kill any player turn that player into one of the non-humans, who are all against whoever is left... I know I've played at least one maybe two of that sort of mod in the past. I feel like it was a Source mod. Sorry, can't recall the name, obviously.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2018, 21:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Meh, the Alita look is a little weird, but the action looked fantastic. I'll be going to see it. I'm sure they'll explain the reason they went unnatural for the size of her eyes at some point.

News Comments > Strange Brigade Season Pass & Free Content Details
4. Re: Strange Brigade Season Pass & Free Content Details Jul 27, 2018, 15:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Darks wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 23:32:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 21:47:
They've done a great job with the whole serial pulp feel. I'll give it a go around Halloween methinks.

Well, I already bought it. I've been waiting for this one for a long time. Cant wait to get some Coop going.

Let us know how the game is, when it's actually out; my coop group is looking for a new game, and I played through Zombie Army Trilogy and liked it well enough.

4307 Comments. 216 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo