Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2589 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Canadian man gets $8K refund from Microsoft for in-game purchases. Jan 26, 2016, 11:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

How the hell is there $8000 worth of DLC for a console version of a FIFA game?

That's some slick DLC abuse, Microsoft and whoever made that game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 24, 2016, 09:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2016, 01:01:
Bought this a while back. Despite being a huge XCom guy, I just couldn't get into it.

I'm tempted to try it, for 4 bucks, but from the Steam reviews it sounds as though there is a little too much random nonsense mucking up a good turn based game.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 22, 2016, 19:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

hrm, I am required to watch this, I believe. Key and Peele, plus some Crow style wire gunkata ninjas?

News Comments > Paragon Trailer
5. Re: Paragon Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 21:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slashman wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 08:57:
Yeah more MOBAs. We can never get enough of those amirite?

If a week goes by and a new MOBA isn't announced, I feel as though life no longer has any meaning.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Mods with Launch
3. Re: XCOM 2 Mods with Launch Jan 21, 2016, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wetworks24 wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 18:56:
I already pre-ordered my copy. From watching all the gameplay videos this is a pretty safe bet if you were a fan of Enemy Unknown. Day 1 mod support is just icing on the cake.

Well, based off the last game and expansion, the vanilla game will be pretty to very good, and the Long War mod will probably make it amazing. It's not really surprising that they brought the Long War guys in like this, they really added a lot to EU/EW, plus the Firaxis guys talked up the Long War mod quite a bit the past year or two.

1. Re: Into the Black Jan 20, 2016, 21:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hopefully they will use some of that time to write a more original plot.

Of course I wept like a baby during episode 7, but still.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2016, 21:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not that I disagree with their sentiment, but I had to disable noscript to see any of their page.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
27. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 20, 2016, 17:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

siapnar wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 14:14:
Christ harlock, you're such a douchebag

He's consistently been that way for years, through several aliases on this site.

What's hilarious is how much that woman's opinion videos seem to bug some people. It's just another viewpoint... relax.

9. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 20, 2016, 12:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, that's a shame. I don't watch her videos, or really watch any critique videos to be honest, (put your shit in written format, I read fast!) but I never like to see trolling assholes win even a minor victory.

News Comments > Darkest Dungeon Released
1. Re: Darkest Dungeon Released Jan 19, 2016, 21:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I was so psyched about this game when it first came out in Early Access, and it still looks and sounds awesome, but they've done some weird(in my opinion) things to the gameplay, and it just isn't as enjoyable as a game anymore to me.

Foiled by Early Access/beta gameplay yet again.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Bombshell
2. Re: Gone Gold - Bombshell Jan 19, 2016, 21:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hard to really tell the gameplay from this weird trailer, but Super Patriot, Cable, Bionic Commando, and dozens of other anime and western comic characters want their arm back.

2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 18, 2016, 11:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

The key here is that although the page was 'quickly' removed, it still got at least $810 dollars worth of contributions from random idiots.

Ah, the internet. When will you ever stop fleecing suckers?

News Comments > Diablo III Season 5 Begins
19. Re: Diablo III Season 5 Begins Jan 17, 2016, 18:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, Alpaca San, opinions will differ of course, but I don't really consider stash space as something that should be "unlockable content." It's more of a basic requirement for an item farming game, that is currently being used as a reason to force people to play Seasons.

Few people will disagree that the game is better now than during the vanilla AH days, but none of that absolves Blizzard of their pointless punishment of Non-Seasonal players by gating the stash space, of all things, behind the Seasonal wall.

I'd prefer to wait for a few legendaries than to have no way at ALL to get the stash space(currently), without playing seasons.

If Blizzard is dead set on achievements for stash space, then they should have just added some requirements in non-season for people to do.

Hopefully enough people are pissed off, yet don't give in to the coercion, so Blizzard relents and adds the extra tabs to Non-Seasonal play.

14. Re: Diablo III Season 5 Begins Jan 17, 2016, 08:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mac wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 02:31:
Plus, it is 1 tab per seasons. Each season lasts for 3 months. To get the full 10 tabs, you will HAVE to play every season for 1 year straight!

Yes, this is the part that really annoyed me... even if I was interested in seasons, it would take basically a year of serious grinding + character wipes to get the tabs that China and consoles already have. If there isn't some major technical issue preventing Blizzard from giving all the stash tabs for just a gold price, it really seems like the worst possible way they could have handled this.

Sheesh. No seasonal play for me in protest, of course. To be fair I'm pretty D3'd out anyway, don't see myself playing a ton this patch. Everybody else I knew has already quit D3 for other games as it is.

It's been said on the D3 forums a million times already, but Non-Seasonal will need the stash tabs more than Seasonal anyway. Completely ass backward way to do this, even if Blizzard felt it was necessary to force people to complete achievements to unlock stash space instead of just paying gold.

1. Re: Diablo III Season 5 Begins Jan 16, 2016, 15:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah... still zero interest in playing seasons, Blizzard. Forcing stash unlocks into seasonal play is really a scumbag move.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
26. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 11, 2016, 23:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have a 'gaming' laptop, in that it has a halfway decent video card and decent processor/ram, decently sized SSD. 19" screen? 17.something I think.

Of course you get more bang for your buck with a desktop, but sometimes the convenience of being able to carry around something you can still play most games at reasonable resolutions is nice to have.

That said, this Razer thing is somewhat interesting, but not what I was hoping the article was about, aka the next in the line of large screen, full keyboard(with numpad!), good cpu, good ram and SSD laptops. Which may or may not get extremely hot while gaming.

This one is about 2.5 years old now, contemplating an upgrade.

News Comments > Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Roadmap
2. Re: Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Roadmap Jan 10, 2016, 10:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

My experience was about the same as yours, I've never liked timers in games, and all these Survival based games are basically just pitting you against a clock the entire time.

Still, I thought Don't Starve is extremely well made, just not my cup of tea, for most of that genre.

2. Re: Into the Black Jan 8, 2016, 22:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

God, she's a flat earther. That's just embarrassing to the human race as a whole.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Trailer
5. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Trailer Jan 8, 2016, 22:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting. I'll be getting this at some point, but at some distant sale/GotY version, not anytime soon.

The queue is just untameable at this point. Also, Blue, why doesn't your spellchecker recognize 'untameable' ?? It's a perfectly cromulant word! (Obligatory Simpsons ref.)

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 8, 2016, 18:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell is wrong with Kickstarter? They should have immediately blocked this guy's either extremely naive, or outright scam attempt when it was submitted.

2589 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo