Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2990 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Oct 4, 2016, 21:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, not necessarily a 'bad' link, the one Blue posted links to a Gameinformer link with essentially the same story as your IGN link, but yes it is different from your submitted link.

Interesting, you'd think he would be inspired by... Westworld, the movie.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 4, 2016, 08:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 23:14:

There's still many times more good stuff than I can watch. Working my way through House of Cards currently, and still want to get to: Voyager S3+, rewatch of DS9, Bloodlines, Master of None, Luke Cage, DD S2, Prison Break, Amanda Knox, Penny Dreadful, Shameless, and Orange is the new Black. And I'm sure there's more if I go poking around.

Oh, there's definitely still several lifetimes' worth of content on Netflix, no doubt. I'm in a similar boat, for different series and movies, but my queue in Netflix is still like 300-400 items strong at this point.

Still, Netflix does mathematically have LESS content than 5+ years ago.

I look at Netflix like my Steam queue; if I win the lottery, maybe I can live long enough to watch/play all that media.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Arsenal Trailer
4. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Arsenal Trailer Oct 3, 2016, 20:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Saboth wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 20:12:
Game looks great, but I have to wonder if in 2016 they couldn't have come up with a different weapon system from Doom/Duke Nukem/Quake's "Shotgun", "Plasma Gun", "Chainsaw weapon", "Gatling Gun that runs out of ammo way too fast", etc.

Well, they aren't going to stray too far from the source material for the majority of the weapons. Terminators carry basically what you mentioned, plus some axes and swords and power fists.

Hopefully some level up perks or some other mechanic can give you more ammo though, that assault cannon looks like it'll be empty practically 5 seconds after you start shooting.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trailer
19. Re: bots Oct 3, 2016, 16:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 12:10:
Yeah they do have bot matches skirmish mode now, completely offline against bots. 32v32 iirc
Hopefully BF1 will do the same. It's a great way to learn the maps and have some "stress free" mp games.
One of the reasons I fire up CoD every now and then and play against the bots.

Well you are partially right, I went back and checked; there are skirmish options for Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron at least. None for the more 'Battlefield Style' modes like Supremacy though. Still, you can get the larger battles in those two modes. I tried a couple, the bots are borderline retarded about the objectives.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2016, 14:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, but will Marketplace have barely veiled offers for prostitution, and obvious psychos looking to murder you after you buy their items that wouldn't even sell at a garage sale? Somehow I doubt it'll have that classic Craigslist appeal.

Netflix down 50% in library size, I wonder how much licensing/fees have gone up on shows and movies, in an attempt by the older studios to cut into Netflix's profits? Regardless, it's clear to most people that Netflix is losing total content rapidly, especially if you don't use VPNs to get around their country/region restrictions.

News Comments > Farabel Trailer
5. Re: Farabel Trailer Oct 3, 2016, 14:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

This seems like one of those gimmicks that seems brilliant for about 5 minutes, then gets aggravating. Still, keep trying new stuff, game developers!

16. Re: bots Oct 3, 2016, 12:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 10:58:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 10:31:
I don't think they've had Bots in a Battlefield game since... BF1942? Maybe one or two after that? It's been awhile anyway.
They have bot matches in Battlefront

They have the coop survival modes, and scripted missions, but no all out match bots, as far as I can recall. I have like 6 hours into Battlefront though, so I may be wrong.

14. Re: bots Oct 3, 2016, 10:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

I think EA/DICE is committed to NOT going back to early Battlefield bot matches... they are far more interested in coercing/forcing (depending on your point of view) people into online multiplayer.

I don't think they've had Bots in a Battlefield game since... BF1942? Maybe one or two after that? It's been awhile anyway.

Just find an empty server, try driving tanks / flying planes/ riding horses etc. then jump on a populated server when you're ready. BF4 had a test range for checking gun patterns, they might do that here also.

If you vehemently against live multiplayer, then BF1 may not be for you, at least at release day retail price. The single player campaign will probably be very beautiful and extremely short, and never touched again by the vast majority of BF1 players. There will probably be BF4/SW:BF style coop missions, but even those get old real quick. The only longevity to this game will come from fun, mostly balanced, and hopefully deep multiplayer vs live opponents.

8. Re: Into the Black Oct 2, 2016, 17:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 15:22:
I continue to be stupidly excited for this. Between the amazing trailers, the fun beta and my love for the subject matter this is hitting all the right buttons. It feels like the change in time period back to the older style of warfare like in 1942 has given the devs a new wind.

Mostly the same, although I have no particular interest in WW1 as a game setting, the beta was a lot of fun, and it seems like DICE is interested in what they can do in this game. As always their trailers are ridiculously good. I got the standard edition so far(thanks for that link to the gmg discount, DangerDog!) although I'll probably give in and buy the Premium Pass near release.

All that said, I'm not going to watch this entire trailer. Watched about a minute, seems like it's from the campaign, stopped to avoid spoilers.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 2, 2016, 16:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

heroin wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 16:08:
Some people on Steam think that Osiris is the game for people who felt cheated by NMS

What the hell, that game looks great... but's it yet another Early Access build/survival game, I have more than a few of those in the Steam Library already that have simply never been finished. I'll keep an eye on it though.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 2, 2016, 15:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Battlerite? 2v2 top down battles? Not my game type, but interesting to see it doing well and getting high ratings in reviews.

And of course CS:GO, as always.

News Comments > Non-Lethal Dishonored 2 Trailer
10. Re: Non-Lethal Dishonored 2 Trailer Oct 1, 2016, 13:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Oct 1, 2016, 01:24:
sauron wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 10:50:
This looks really interesting. I think it's more challenging to play games like this and the DX series as non-lethal combatants. And the graphics look really nice as well. Might have to pick this one up when it comes out.

Also, as I get older, I prefer non or less-lethal options. As I age, simulated killing just gets less appealing to me.

Losing your bloodlust in your dotage? Never fear, start playing Battlefield(4 or eventually 1) or even CS:GO to get your rage back! You'll be trampling people with tanks or horses or AWPing them in the face in no time!

These kind of stealth-ish games though, I usually do non-lethal as I said earlier. It usually seems to fit the story better.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Oct 1, 2016, 13:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

I played the shit out of Interstate '76, loved the campaign, then even ventured into multiplayer, on my dial-up. Wow, the level of hacking going on in multiplayer... insane. That was my first real taste of true hacked stats/hacked cars/weapons just utterly ruining an online experience.

I'd still be down for a decently done remake though. I think my favorite vehicle was the pickup truck-camper conversion with miniguns on the sides and minigun turret on the top.

I tried to go back and play it a few years ago, but the graphics are a bit of a struggle even for some heavy nostalgia to overcome.

News Comments > Diablo III Season Ends in Two Weeks
1. Re: Diablo III Season Ends in Two Weeks Oct 1, 2016, 13:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah... Diablo 3, wasted opportunity, Blizzard.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Fails of the Month... Oct 1, 2016, 13:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, some of those are past cringe worthy into: "hrm, is that person still alive?" territory. Try to put the camera down and help your friend/family member scoop their brains back into their skulls, people.

News Comments > Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit
6. Re: Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit Oct 1, 2016, 13:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

This whole situation is terrible. Not that these guys should have succeeded in any lawsuit, but when a company makes a shitty game, it's not a free license to threaten their lives or the lives of their families, etc. even if it is "just on the internet."

The immediate dog pile on 'public' figures has gotten way out of hand the past 5-10 years, it seems.

Let a company making shitty games fail because they make shitty games and no one buys them. End of story. Don't take it upon yourself to harass them off the planet.

News Comments > Non-Lethal Dishonored 2 Trailer
6. Re: Non-Lethal Dishonored 2 Trailer Sep 30, 2016, 16:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dishonored, Deus Ex, Alpha Protocol, for whatever reason, I did all these games no-kills, minus story required kills.

I'll most likely do the same for Dishonored 2 and Deus Ex(The new one) when I get around to getting them on the queue... it just feels right in these games to go non-lethal.

Probably because your character is such a damned beast, lethal path seems way too easy.

News Comments > Battleborn F2P Rumor Denied
7. Re: Battleborn F2P Rumor Denied Sep 30, 2016, 14:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Battleborn F2P Denied. Halflife 3 confirmed.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Sep 29, 2016, 22:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 20:09:
The Division "sale" price on Steam - $48CDN
On G2A? - $36

The trick there is that both prices are far too high for The Division, aka hackfest/grindfest/abandonware.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
29. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 22:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

panbient wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 19:33:

I can do without the multiplayer but it does sound pretty cool with a co-op buddy.

As for length I'm perfectly fine with a shorter story considering it took me 93 hours to get through vanilla (and I still feel like I missed stuff). Like many others I had a hard time at the start, but once I got a crew that clicked it was smooth sailing.

Also hoping they tweak the weapons a bit more to better specialize them. Not necessarily nerfing the AR but at least give the sniper rifle more than 2-3 extra tiles of range, etc.

Well, initially I thought the same for coop, but then read some of inXile's descriptions... basically if your coop partner completes certain parts of the story(while you are offline, even), you have effectively missed out on that portion of the game. If you aren't on the same page, you could end up screwing each other over, in theory.

Supposedly the DC version of Wasteland 2 re-balances most of the weapons... I still need to get around to playing it, but even in vanilla, everything was pretty good(although ARs dominated) except the heavy weapons. One can only hope they have the experience now to make every weapon at least viable, even if one group ends up being real dominant at first.

You might be right about the game length, I know I put in at least 80+ hours for the first playthrough... but I dunno, them aiming for a shorter game, and adding in this coop stuff, the question becomes how short, I guess. Still, the future looks bright for party based rpgs.

2990 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo