Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3063 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Spotted?
2. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Spotted? Nov 1, 2016, 10:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

bleh, too little, too late, really.

Grim Dawn and Path of Exile both have way more enjoyable and complex leveling and itemization, with only slightly worse engines.

Better get to work on Diablo 4, Blizzard.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
4. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 30, 2016, 14:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 13:47:
The person who complained is not a native of myanmar. AKA people who travelled to myanmar can't play their EA games.

Not sure where you are getting that from, and those links to EA's help site have posts from Myanmar citizens who have also lost access to Origin.

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
1. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 30, 2016, 13:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

That'll teach you to reside in Mynanmar, you Myanmarians!!

Odd timing, after the second DDoS attack(last night) in the past week or so on Origin or their DNS, DYN. I highly doubt that the source of most of that traffic was from outside the continental US.

Otherwise, Myanmar Origin customers need to start emailing EA en masse that those sanctions no longer exist.

It will be extremely unfair if they are blocked permanently and cannot get refunds for past purchases; good luck, Myanmar.

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming
32. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 30, 2016, 10:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Just repeating a warning here, since this is a Windows 10 thread:

Spybot Anti-Beacon is not being updated. It's effectiveness is doubtful at this point.

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming
6. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 29, 2016, 14:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, SteamOS can't mature fast enough. Windows 10 is turning into a colossal customer abuse platform.

I'm going to be stuck with Windows 8.1 and whatever Valve gets motivated to put into SteamOS.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
1. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 29, 2016, 13:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sheesh, I thought I was doing pretty good, not too long ago, when I updated my drivers for Battlefield 1. They've since released like 3 drivers in the past week and a half.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend
1. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend Oct 27, 2016, 21:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, probably about 3 years too late for this game, unfortunately.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 27, 2016, 14:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 11:49:
I never understood the idea behind Mad Men. It might have been critically acclaimed, but it still tried to glorify a stupid drug dealer. I don't watch such trash.

Drug Dealer? Are you confusing Mad Men with Breaking Bad?

The only drugs Don Draper used were alcohol and his schlong on almost every woman on the show(sans his daughter).

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: Battlefield 1 - Horse vs Car Oct 27, 2016, 14:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Haha! Only in Battlefield!

So far people seem to slowly be getting the hang of actually moving up and capping flags, I had a couple of good games today.

Still plenty of snipers(excuse me, scouts) camping up in the hills and rubble though.

I would like a list of how many kills you need per level of a class though, I've got like 150+ Assault kills and I'm not even level 1? What the hell? Flag cap points definitely go towards your overall level, but not the class level? Ridiculous decision.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2016, 14:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

JayDeath wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 12:49:
The excitement of Westworld is fading for me. The last two episodes were painfully slow. Ep. 6 better wow me or I'm done with this show. There's too much quality television to waste time on average shows.

The pace of Westworld is definitely very slow, no debating that. Still, I find the show interesting, I just hope they aren't purposely drawing out the plot to space it out over 5-6 seasons.

News Comments > Fractured Space Celebrates Million Players
2. Re: Fractured Space Celebrates Million Players Oct 27, 2016, 13:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is the free to play one, right?

How bad is the grind for ships/weapons/crew or whatever?

I have been somewhat keeping my eyes on this and Dreadnought, but I have been distracted with Grim Dawn/BF1/Dragon Age:Inquisition, and now apparently Dreadnought's site is down.

I'll try this out eventually, but I'll be depressed if it turns into a huge xp grind/treadmill!

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 26, 2016, 22:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

What do you guys have against The Withering, it sounds kinda interesting.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
7. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 26, 2016, 20:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Step 1 for any recent GeForce drivers. AVOID installing the GeForce experience. Login based Bloatware, no thank you.

News Comments > Uwe Boll Ending Film Career
28. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 26, 2016, 20:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looking at his IMDB page, he directed 33 movies, and produced 53.

Impressive, in sheer volume, at least. I skipped pretty much all his video game movies after I started watching In the Name of the King, but Rampage was actually pretty good. I believe I watched it on Netflix streaming.

I'll check out Attack on Darfur at some point.

There will always be shitty directors, and even good directors who make a shitty movie or two. But there might never be another Uwe Boll, whose mountain of shitty movies may remain unmatched for all time.

Uwe Boll, I salute you.

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned - Undead Released
5. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned - Undead Released Oct 26, 2016, 20:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Aside from RNG complaints, I read this game has some seriously dumb enemy AI, as in just running straight for you every round. True/False?

I am continually tempted to pick this up, but the Steam reviews are all over the place.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 Trailers
1. Re: Resident Evil 7 Trailers Oct 25, 2016, 13:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Picking up herbs, combining them in your MICROSCOPIC inventory... it's definitely a Resident Evil game.

Classic Blunder, for that second clip. STOMP ON HIS DAMN HEAD.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 24, 2016, 20:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Blue, ban that bot, tem ple ** run (two).

Two posts, both leading to links I'm not in the mood to expose my computer to at the moment.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 23, 2016, 10:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

That Sam Harris Ted talk, Stephen Hawking, and plenty of other very smart people have brought up the caution we need to have for real AI.

Unfortunately, long before we get to that point, the remnants of humanity will be killing each other for scraps of food and drinkable water in some sort of Mad Max level wasteland.

I don't think people realize how much we've fucked up the planet, and how rough it's probably going to get in the near future. Even if the human race somehow magically fixes the climate, the level of wealth inequality is only increasing. Eventually people will get tired of starving in the gutter while billionaires buy private islands.

I'm just glad I'm old enough to be safely dead before this planet really turns to shit.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released
59. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 23, 2016, 03:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Okay, got about 10 hours in, had some pretty great games and some completely shitty games so far. Some questions have arisen:

1) Is there a BF1 version of Battlelog or equivalent function, so you can save the performance(extended stats) from a given round?

I just went 32-1 in a heavy tank(AV7), and I had 2 sick shots on aircraft, (Heavy Tank main gun AT shell will 1 hit kill all planes up to the Bomber, apparently ), and some way to save the game ala BF4 would be great. Unfortunately the stats are setup more like SW:Battlefront, it seems? Aka no detailed saving of stats per round.

2) How the hell do you actually spend the war bonds? I've been trying to unlock random guns/items to test, nothing is allowed. I'm of the required level, just nothing happens when I click on an item. I have thousands now, seemingly useless.

3) Being able to move some of my Tank apocalypse points to infantry classes would be great, but there probably isn't any option to do that.

4) Can you throw ammo/hp from the horse, or do you have to dismount? The horse has been extremely unlucky for me, the second I get one a Behemoth shoots me or something, every time.

5) Crawl speed button for tanks is utterly useless. Is there a sprint/extra gas button hidden somewhere?

Anyway, so far it's been that maddening mix of glorious triumph mixed with online multiplayer bullshit. Some of the maps seem to honestly be confusing to some players, 90% of the population of the server will be fighting over 1 or 2 flags on certain maps, hopefully people start to spread out over time.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released
9. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 21, 2016, 12:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Battlefield series has never been realistic. At all.

Once you progress past that mental hurdle, you can have fun in this game.

The single player and multiplayer are mostly bug free, especially compared to BF4's launch. Some people are having fps issues with Win10 and Titans, and some other configs, but I'm betting that's all the Shadowplay/Win 10 Gamestream or whatever it's called recording. I updated the drivers on my GTX 1070 and I'm getting 120+ fps in multiplayer, 144 in single player.

The single player is simply gorgeous, although the enemy AI isn't great, and it seems like it'll be very short. So far I'm through the first two chapters. I think the Harlem Hellfighters got ripped off, that portion should have been far longer, and it would have had the trench battles a lot of people are going to be looking for. Still, DICE seems to have really done their homework about the settings and weapons in the game, although yes, obviously, the experimental weapons laying around and being used were NOT that widespread.

Multiplayer, I've had one terrible game, extremely lopsided numerically and skill wise, but I changed servers and had some pretty good games and two arguably great games, considering it was release day. People were playing as squads, dropping ammo and reviving, playing objectives and worked together to take down the Behemoths in the latter games.

Time to Kill seems acceptable so far, for Scout/Assault/Medic. People playing Support with the LMGs are probably going to be pissed for awhile, they aren't that good(accurracy or damage), based on my limited time with them so far.

The visuals and audio are spectacular. I tried, half seriously, to get everybody to lay down their weapons on one map, so we could just experience the visual splendor of that Swiss coast(Italian Coast?) map with the naval Behemoth.

*Disclaimer* I bought off of GreenManGaming using the discount codes pasted in Bluesnews a couple weeks ago, for $45.39 standard edition.

But, if you haven't liked the Battlefield series in the past 6-10 years you aren't going to like this one much either. The basic gameplay is largely the same.

Unfortunately I have to go to work now, or I'd be tempted to play all day.

3063 Comments. 154 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo