Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4244 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Remnant: From the Ashes Announced
2. Re: Remnant: From the Ashes Announced Jul 13, 2018, 12:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Darks wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 10:13:
Feels like the old Hellgate London game. Could be fun.

It looks promising, but don't curse it by bringing up Hellgate!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2018, 22:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hoop wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 20:31:
Firstly can I say (admit?) to loving Prometheus, expanding on the engineers back story while returning to a mistrust of the synths found way back in Aliens (Ian Holm) along with Fassbenders performance...loved it. Well I just got to see Aliens Covenant the night before last &.....loved it.

So... you are one of the ones to blame.

I thought each movie had potential to be great, but was ruined by embarrassingly bad logic in the plot and character actions. That annoyed me the most, I could see where some decent editing and some more story work could have made each movie great, but the powers that be didn't even care, just slap on more special effects and dark filters and call it a day. Sigh.

Also, who the F runs straight away from a slowly rolling giant space ship... I mean at least go perpendicular, lady.

Great performances basically thrown into the wind of 2nd grade level plot mistakes and wasted.

*EDIT* Bonus anger points for having read all the AWESOME Aliens and Predator comics from Dark Horse back in the 90s and early 2000s even, and realizing that all these new movies for both franchises completely ignored the best stories ever written for either universe.(Or the same universe, depending on which story)

They could have turned any of the good to great comics into a movie and made a billion dollars. Wasted opportunities.

*EDIT 2* I am definitely getting the William Gibson inspired Aliens comic, of course.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War Released
1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War Released Jul 12, 2018, 22:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh yeah, the hex based Civ-like WH40k game... I'm interested, waiting for reviews. Yet another to the Steam/Gog sale lists.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC in August
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC in August Jul 12, 2018, 22:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Excellent. My mostly good Assassin/Cipher and his group can go in there and stab people in the face, and my Barb/Chanter can join Rymrgand and bring heat death to the universe as they know it.

I finished my good party's run through just yesterday, I can put the other guys on hold for a few months and play some other games.

News Comments > The Bards Tale IV in September
1. Re: The Bards Tale IV in September Jul 12, 2018, 21:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, finally.

I contributed to the Kickstarter what... 4 years ago?

It certainly feels that long.

News Comments > James Ohlen Departs BioWare
2. Re: James Ohlen Departs BioWare Jul 12, 2018, 21:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, to be fair, Anthem has to be mostly done by now, as far as his work is concerned. Definitely going to be a year of tweaks and content trickling out or more, but the main pieces should all be done by now.

But yeah, major changing of the guard at Bioware.

4. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2018, 14:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, yet another favorite film from my childhood, to be remade and ruined...again.

News Comments > Fortnite 5.0 Kicks Off Season 5
10. Re: Fortnite 5.0 Kicks Off Season 5 Jul 12, 2018, 13:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 10:20:
The BR mode is the most popular because it is free, but the PVE stuff is way better, IMO. It also got an update, but because you have to pay to access it, there are far fewer players and less media coverage. My girlfriend and I have gotten addicted recently, which is awesome because after the first few stages of the alpha I didn't relly like the direction it was going but now it seems to be back on track during early access.

Cool, it seemed like nobody on here had even played the PvE portion of Fortnite, and that seems far and away the more interesting side of the game to me. Maybe I'll pick the game up on sale after the 17th finally.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's Future Witcher Plans
2. Re: CD Projekt RED's Future Witcher Plans Jul 11, 2018, 21:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Somewhere in Poland, Andrezj Sapkowski is still raging over the terms of the original Witcher licensing deal to CD Projekt RED.

Talk about a missed financial opportunity, almost Netflix trying to sell themselves to Blockbuster bad.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2018, 21:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Gah, that steelseries keyboard is actually a membrane keyboard, doh! I glanced at it quick at work and figured it was a competitively cheap mechanical one. Thanks for the link, Mr. Tact, although that particular model looks shockingly ancient, it'll give me bad flashbacks or something. I'll do some digging.

Horse owners in Australia: "The disease is fatal to horses and humans, but I heard a rumor about some possible side effects, also it isn't free so... fuck that vaccine!" Also basically anti-vaxxers in the USA, but I digress.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2018, 12:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, that's not a bad looking keyboard, although I'd probably immediately turn all the lights off.

I had scoffed at mechanical keyboards for years, and then finally got a laptop with mechanical keys, and it's amazing. Now I want some mechanical goodness for my desktop PC, but without having to spend $100+ for one.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2018, 11:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 11:35:
I was amazed that they all made it out, given the troubles they first had even getting experienced divers to them. Kudos to all the rescuers!

Same, I was getting the impression that they'd be trapped in there and either drown outright or asphyxiate from the lowering oxygen levels.

Brute force pumping backed up by skilled divers wins the day, very nice.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 9, 2018, 20:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

The trolls won this one.

At least it will be a wake up call, hopefully; don't use social media, if there is any chance it can be tied back to you. It's only going to go negative or cause a distraction.

Let the nameless social media drone interns send out sanitized press releases or whatever on twitter, don't have any personal accounts.

2. Re: Into the Black Jul 9, 2018, 20:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

The big takeaway from that video for me: Jack Nicholson has been crazy for decades. No wonder it worked into so many of his performances for so long.

Still, as good as Nicholson's performance was in that door scene, it's really all about Shelly Duvall. Holy shit her facial expressions and her scream... bloodcurdling. It's been a decade or so since I've seen The Shining, guess I need to rewatch it at some point.

News Comments > Battlefield V Video
18. Re: Battlefield V Video Jul 9, 2018, 16:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 10:34:
BFV will have a single-player mode? Hmmm, need to google this a little bit...

Yes, but most likely short but gorgeous, like BF1's single player.

Arguably not worth buying the game new/full price if you're only interested in single player, of course.

Danger Dog -> that's really going to suck if all the maps are made for Grand Operations, instead of having any for actual Conquest Large...wouldn't be too much of a surprise though.

News Comments > Dying Light 2 Interview and Video
5. Re: Dying Light 2 Interview and Video Jul 9, 2018, 15:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hype level...rising.

I hope this game turns out awesome, some more zombies/random human enemies need to get jump kicked off of high platforms, and/or have their skulls crushed mercilessly.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 9, 2018, 09:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah, Fortnite's on Epic's whatever service, and free for the BR mode anyway. Apparently those millions of players have not lessened PUBG's sales enough, aka there is no hope for humanity whatsoever.

I'll get into one of the second or third wave Battlegrounds games, maybe. Tried Fortnite, was underwhelmed, can't bring myself to support PUBG yet, even on sale.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 8, 2018, 20:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

People keep buying PlunkBat... I thought all the kids, adults and grandparents had moved on to Fornite? Or is this just the repeatedly banned die-hards rebuying at this point?

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Weekend Underway
20. Re: Destiny 2 Free Weekend Underway Jul 8, 2018, 10:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 23:38:
Yeah, there's a discount on the "expansion pass," which apparently is just a bundle of those two already-released ones? Because it does not include the third expansion coming out in a couple months. For some reason, that one requires that you own the other expansions in order to buy and play it...

So if you're like me and still only own the base game, you can buy the "expansion pass" for $19.99 (currently discounted from $34.99). But if you're interested in the upcoming expansion that they're saying is supposed to be the best one, you HAVE to buy the "expansion pass" to be eligible to buy the third expansion for another $39.99 (that's about how much I paid for the base game!). THEN if you want any further content beyond that, you've gotta buy the new "annual pass" that includes three releases of "premium content" throughout the next calendar year for another $34.99.

That seems excessive to me.

Hrm, after reading your comment, I browsed a little, and indeed, there is quite a bit of rage directed at Bungie for their pricing scheme. Total price if you bought the game new, will end up being well over $140 so far.

Disclosure: A copy of Destiny 2 came for free(bundled, I know) with some hardware I bought, so currently I am not invested at all(would have gotten the hardware regardless). I thought the 2 expansions currently out was it, so the $20 price seemed like a great deal. What a shame that their 'best' expansion is not even included in that pass, plus some more guns and other crap they are selling separately.

So much for the coop group picking up Destiny 2 cheap and playing it for awhile.

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Not Dead
4. Re: Dead Island 2 Not Dead Jul 7, 2018, 17:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Especially since Dying Light 2 apparently has the potential to be something amazing; it was already a fun game mechanically(aside from weapon degradation! ) and now they have Chris Avellone doing some story work!? Please turn out to be a good-great game.

I'm not really familiar with Sumo Digital's work as it is... apparently Little Big Planet was pretty fun? Although they didn't do the original, just the third game...

Anyway, there is room for 2 open world melee horror games, so hopefully Dead Island 2 turns out well also.

4244 Comments. 213 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo