Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2918 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Sep 12, 2016, 12:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Atpbx wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 09:17:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 15:45:
Ah, Dead Space 2, the greatest of the Dead Spaces! Definitely pick this up if somehow you don't have it yet.

Dead Space 3, how were you so terrible?

No do not buy it, it flat out does not work on PC.

No amount of work arounds and fucking around fixes it.

Are you thinking of Dead Space 1? That had some port issues early on, Dead Space 2, Disc version and Origin versions work great. Bought the disc version on sale, there was a free transfer to the Origin version at some point? Played through a couple of times on both.

To be fair I've never tried the Steam version of Dead Space 2, but I can't see it being completely unplayable, sorry to hear it gave you issues.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Video
8. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Video Sep 12, 2016, 12:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty good, I think you guys a nitpicking a bit much. The first one was low budget and ended up being entertaining, this looks like a better version of the first game, ie. ideal sequel.

I doubt I'll preorder, but I'll get it on sale at some point.

Muscular Beaver's 'equally loud sounds' comment is fair, the first game sort of had the same issue, if I recall. Didn't make it unplayable though.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Sep 11, 2016, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Parias wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 19:46:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 15:45:

I know it was a pretty radical departure from the original gameplay-wise, but I still REALLY enjoyed Dead Space 3 because of it's co-op play. I thought it was a great example of how to do campaign co-op really well, because of the two separate characters that each had their own backstory and set of events to explore through the game. Not to mention some of the really cool scripted moments like the shuttle ride, which get even better in co-op.

I can't imagine playing it solo, but it's a terrific co-op title.

Terrible is probably the wrong word... I loved DS2 so much, I was hoping for Dead Space 3 to utterly blow me out of the water. What I got instead was basically a different game entirely. That game wasn't bad, but it didn't feel Dead Space-ish, ie. coop in a solo horror shooter, with resource farming? The game was certainly playable solo, and I've definitely played worse games, I just wish they had stayed away from the coop and resource farming stuff for the Dead Space series. The weapon system also felt like a major step backwards from DS2, in that you only have 2 guns with alternate fire modes available all of a sudden, when even 4 in DS1 and 2 was a bit too consolish for my liking.

As far as I can see, Dead Space 3 effectively killed the series too(in EA's mind, not necessarily Visceral's), which is why it still bugs me. But yes, the game in and of itself, if it was called something else, I'd probably look back on a lot more fondly. You aren't the only one who told me they actually liked it a lot playing it coop, but I can only play certain games coop and not OCD out on my partner(s), and this wasn't one of those games.

If Dead Space 4 ever gets out of limbo, I hope they go back to a pure solo experience, but it looks like EA has written the game off entirely.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 11, 2016, 15:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, Dead Space 2, the greatest of the Dead Spaces! Definitely pick this up if somehow you don't have it yet.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 11, 2016, 01:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah... seems like a mistake, Bezos. But what do I know, people buy Apple products at overpriced Apple stores all day long. Maybe this is a financial master stroke.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2016, 01:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 15:55:
Since today is Pride Knight at Kings Island (that theme park the Brady Bunch went to), I figured I'd finally let you in on a little gaysecret

Wtf, that shirt is hilarious!

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 11, 2016, 01:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Man, I was tearing up just watching that trailer. I'd be crying profusely if I saw it in the theatre.

Netflix only.

14. Re: Superbug Source remains a mystery? Sep 11, 2016, 01:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

What? Literally a few days ago Harvard medical school posted video of a great example of exactly how(and how quickly) bacteria evolves to resist antibiotics.

"The patient was typically healthy with no prior surgeries or hospi­talizations. The patient's usual diet included fruit, dairy products and meat (pork, chicken and beef)."

The diet is important because the mcr-1 gene has been found in meat from food animals, including pigs.

From decades of force feeding livestock antibiotics? Sheesh, this is well known.

In other news, got my beastly desktop fully put together today. I think this is the first time in about 8? or so home built computers that nothing had an issue out of the box...I am somewhat fearful of something going awry, but so far it all looks good for 144 fps or so in Battlefield 1.

*EDIT* Also that sand snake is ridiculously cute.. what is happening, Earth?!

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Free Weekend
3. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Free Weekend Sep 8, 2016, 22:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ratings for this game on Steam, after the latest patch are pretty favorable. I'm tempted to pick it up.

Immediate, blind dive into the $24 deep end! Maybe.

News Comments > Humble End of Summer Sale Includes Free Tropico 4
1. Re: Humble End of Summer Sale Includes Free Tropico 4 Sep 8, 2016, 21:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Acquired. Thanks for the info!  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 8, 2016, 21:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, scumbag moves from a large bank, not shocking in and of itself, but shocking at the (assuming) low level of the employees involved in such scams. Even the little guys at the bank are out to exploit you.

Glad I switched to credit unions about 15 years ago.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer
1. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 21:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looking pretty interesting, although I think they could have gone in a different, MUCH BETTER, direction with a different announcer.

More 'in a world' than 'popsicles are made by putting popsicle sticks into liquid, which is then frozen.'

Only major issue I see so far is a max party of 4. Heresy!

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
15. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 02:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

General architectural style: somewhere between the Borg, Superman's Fortress of Solitude, and Oblivion(the movie)'s starship.

I lost interest in Mass Effect not too far into ME3... I'll probably get this on sale at some point, just like ME2 and 3, just to add to the game queue.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 7, 2016, 20:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Golf is a bullshit sport/hobby, but nice work killing a drone!

*EDIT* Offtopic deleted, gg Amazon/Nvidia rules.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2016, 21:02.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 7, 2016, 15:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Lol, not this again.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
38. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 7, 2016, 15:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 09:42:
My nitpicks from the beta:

- the horse hitbox is way too big, more often than not you will hit the horse despite aiming right at the rider
- the sword attack on the horse has obnoxious auto-aim and is a one hit kill, feels really out of place in this sort of game

The horse has some issues, but I was playing around yesterday, and you CAN dodge the blade, by moving to the opposite side of the horse as the enemy runs at you, action movie style.

Some guy was trying to horse/sword me for like 5 minutes as I jumped around, and either due to lag or the movement to the non-sword side, he could not hit me at all. I am pretty sure he could have killed me easily just turning the horse a bit and hitting me with it, but I assume he was trying to figure out the sword as well.

I sniped him several times, or his horse, the damage message didn't really say as far as I could tell, but did well over 100 damage. Neither one died. How much relative hp does the horse have compared to a player anyway, like 3x?

13. Re: PTA mom Sep 6, 2016, 22:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

That was a great article, borderline fantastic, honestly. Although I kept thinking throughout my reading of the article: that PTA mom is damn lucky she isn't black, she would have been immediately, violently arrested, most likely.

Multiple teams of cops, surveillance, coordinated assaults on two targets? That's hundreds of thousands of dollars spent by the police. I'd love to think they would do that in every case, but clearly they just take the easy bust most of the time. Drugs in car? Jail.

*EDIT* Oops, reading further, they mention that. Still, amazing article!

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2016, 22:49.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Footage
2. Re: Dawn of War III Footage Sep 6, 2016, 22:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

inveigle88 wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 21:56:
Prepare to be micro-transactioned to death. For the Emperor!

Sheeeit, I sure hope not, but you're probably right

I'm looking forward to a more DoW1-ish DoW3.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
27. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 21:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 19:54:
http://i.imgur.com/P7WbsDZ.jpg

Lol, stop abusing nubs who don't know how to play a FPS apparently, let alone know the mechanics of BF1.

Skill spread seems quite huge in the few games I've played of the BF1 beta... not sure where half these people are coming from, MOBAs or something?

It's best not to abuse the crap out of them, you'll just make them avoid buying the game entirely.

News Comments > Mafia III Content Plans
7. Re: Mafia III Content Plans Sep 6, 2016, 10:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm definitely buying this game... at some point. Definitely not pre-release or in any non-sale format that doesn't include all the DLC.

Season Pass information before the game is released still aggravates me to no end. Damn kids, lawn, etc.

2918 Comments. 146 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo