Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3328 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Dawn of War III in April
4. Re: Dawn of War III in April Mar 6, 2017, 16:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, must be too early, only on sale (as of this second) on Steam, for full price, $59.99.

Heresy!

If that stands, I may wait quite a bit before buying. The games queue is unstoppable anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dawn of War III in April
1. Re: Dawn of War III in April Mar 6, 2017, 12:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

April release? "Excellent!" -Mr. Burns

Bullshit skins pack? Meh.

Still, it'll be tough for me to hold off from pre-ordering if they do a 15-20% discount somewhere.

Hopefully this turns out to be a great RTS, with as little MOBA/ARPG influence as possible.

PS. Immediately start work on the Imperial Guard/Tau/Tyranids/Chaos armies for DLC/expansion release. I'd be more pissed if they hadn't done the same 3-4 race initial release for the past 2 games, but it has become the standard, unfortunately.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 5, 2017, 23:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 20:45:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 12:21:
Anybody on here get Blackwake? That game looks pretty fun, albeit a bit limited, long term.

Blackwake seems a lot like Guns of Icarus.

Guns of Icarus always seemed pretty cool to me, but too small of a gaming community and too easily messed up by 1 person goofing off, etc.

Blackwake will probably end up in a similar state, unfortunately.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 5, 2017, 20:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 17:27:
They'll just pay off out of petty cash.

Riot won and the defendant is defunct so it seems that they will never collect.

Still another dirty cheater bites the dust so that's good.

Well, they didn't get the money, and the botters basically closed up shop and vanished. It would not surprise me at all if they came back in a week or a month, with a different name, and a slightly different version of the same product.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
17. Re: Hidden message Mar 5, 2017, 20:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, humanity. Just when I thought you couldn't drop to a new low, people are licking electronics coated in a horrible chemical.

It makes me wonder how we even survived this long as a species.

Also in my day: we just BLEW on the cartridges, when they didn't work.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 5, 2017, 13:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Shok wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 12:22:
Amazon has a few Steam games on sale today. I picked up Company of Heroes 2 Master edition for $8. Alien Isolation complete is $12.50 and I might get that too.

Battleborn and the Season Pass on sale, I should pick those up immediately!

Seriously though, I am somewhat tempted to buy Homefront:The Revolution at that price, and I'd buy some other stuff off Amazon for sure if I didn't already have most of those games on Steam/Gog.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 5, 2017, 12:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Anybody on here get Blackwake? That game looks pretty fun, albeit a bit limited, long term.

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans
29. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 4, 2017, 16:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Man, so much hate and anger still, surely No Man's Sky is on sale on Steam/Gog for like $5.99? Nope, still $60.

One would think they would at least drop the price, I'm still curious as to how it looks/plays on my comp... I'd definitely buy it for around 5 dollars.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details
2. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 3, 2017, 21:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Darks wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 20:59:
OK, im in doubt,about he Full Keyboard customizing of controls. because the Closed and Open beta did not allow me to rebind the HOME, DEL, PGUP, PGDN, END, INSERT keys. I even posted this on Twitter, their forums and in my Beta survey to them. So come Tuesday. Ill know for sure. if its still not I will be raising hell on their forums about this and pointing out their little lie.

Ugh, how do studios these days still somehow forget to allow some keys to be rebound? Is it a console influence thing? Laziness? Or some sort of residual mapping issue that just hasn't gone away for like...20 years?

Although to be fair, they say "customizable controls" which is true, also "full keyboard and mouse support", which apparently is true. Of course, those two aren't 100% overlapping...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Games left on the drive forever Mar 3, 2017, 20:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rigs ->

Between a couple machines, desktops and a laptop, I usually have anywhere from 20-30 games installed, most of which I haven't played in months or even years.

Every now and then, when I get some time off, I try to go back and finish something. Games like Dying Light, for me at least, I finished the story and did all the available side quests, but didn't bother completing all the challenges, etc. I usually get sick of those semi-open world games after a certain point, and delete them eventually.

I was rather proud of myself a few days ago, in relation to this issue: I finally finished Warhammer 40k:Space Marine(cliff hanger ending!), Shadow Warrior 2 and Drakensang 2. Freed up a good 40gigs on one desktop, 10gigs or so on the laptop. Single player games like that, I can get 80-90% done and just let them stagnate for years. My characters get maxxed out, combat becomes ridiculously easy, then I struggle to finish it and/or something else comes out to divert my attention.

Of course 'new' games immediately popped out of the queue in their place, so not much SSD space was really gained, and the queue is still epic in length.

I still have major offenders like Star Wars:Battlefront on the SSD on this desktop, (55gigs?) and I think I'm sick of it already at about 10 hours played. I think about deleting that every time I turn my desktop on, but I keep meaning to get more involved with the multiplayer for it, but it never really happens.

In the end, it's no big deal to leave stuff on the drive or delete it, as we're all meaningless motes of dust in the universe anyway. If you may play it later, leave it on there until you NEED to make space for X new game that jumps the queue.

News Comments > River City Underground Release
7. Re: River City Underground Release Mar 3, 2017, 12:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Without exaggeration, I am the greatest Super Dodgeball player (NES version!) who has ever lived.

But they have tried and failed repeatedly to 'update' Super Dodgeball... just make a modern engine, higher res remake of either the Arcade version or the NES version, and rake in your millions(probably thousands, but still).

With that out of the way, hopefully they patch up River City Underground pretty soon, since I'm required to buy it by law.

I'm glad you guys are liking it even with the bugs, the nostalgia demons are bugging me something fierce about it.

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > Agony Trailers
1. Re: Agony Trailers Mar 2, 2017, 15:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yawn. Pass.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 2, 2017, 00:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 22:46:
Heads, buy it. Tails, buy it?

Well, the coin flip is more of a Day 1 buy vs 'Hold off for a Sale' buy.

It's nearly 100% garaunteed that I'll get it at some point.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 1, 2017, 21:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Urine, feces, sweat, other body secretions, and skin cells + chlorine = strong chlorine smell. Enjoy those stagnant bodies of water!

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 1, 2017, 21:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

..but still only able to equip 4 weapons at a time, due to console limitations!

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer
1. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer Mar 1, 2017, 21:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks gorgeous... dare I risk a day one buy!?

Warhammer 40k games lately have been a bit of a letdown, to say the least.

But, this is Relic, an experienced crew, hrm.

coin flip time.

News Comments > Rogue Trooper Redux Announced
4. Re: Rogue Trooper Redux Feb 28, 2017, 21:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

The original comic is a masterpiece.

I was not that impressed with the game though, although I was probably execting too much after reading the comic.

I'll take a look at this when it's done though, probably.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Bright Teaser - Netflix Feb 28, 2017, 10:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Okay, clearly Netflix has dump trucks worth of money to toss around, they got Will Smith and that trailer actually looks pretty interesting.

"It comes out in December, but hey let's start bragging now!" -Netflix.

*EDIT* TYpo.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2017, 11:14.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Released
12. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Released Feb 28, 2017, 10:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

sauron wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 10:16:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 10:09:
Bleh, I bought this via the Bard's Tale Kickstarter, but so far there is nothing on how to reclaim my key from InXile/Kickstarter.

You just have to go to the InXile Backer Rewards page and redeem your key for Steam or GOG. The link is here.

Whoops, thanks... yeah I saw that finally after reading inXile's page a bit, needed to create yet another account on there, for the various game codes. Code redeemed via Gog.

I'd much rather prefer they just put the codes in Kickstarter, I seriously don't need an account at every website on the planet.

But I'm sure there are other technical reasons as well as gently urging people to use their website, oh well.

*EDIT* Thanks also to WaltC!

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Released
6. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Released Feb 28, 2017, 10:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bleh, I bought this via the Bard's Tale Kickstarter, but so far there is nothing on how to reclaim my key from InXile/Kickstarter.

3328 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo