Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2642 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Rogue One... Apr 7, 2016, 13:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dammit, they're doing it again, I'm getting hyped for this movie and it'll only let me down!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2016, 13:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ok, none of this addresses the truly important questions:

Was this line actually voiced and recorded?(Or just a random text banter)

If it was recorded, where can I download it?

Definitely a mistake to put it into the game, but still pretty damned funny; I definitely want a copy.

More importantly: I'm averaging a BG1/2 playthrough every 3 years or so; I hope this nonsense doesn't distract them from fixing up the bugs before the time comes around for me to finally do a full EE run. I'm Finishing up secondary/tertiary runs through PoEt, Wasteland 2 DC, Divnity:OS EE pretty soon, Beamdog!

News Comments > Banner Saga 2 This Month
1. Re: Banner Saga 2 This Month Apr 6, 2016, 20:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ahh, the Banner Saga. I loved the art, the music, the atmosphere of the game in general, the lore, but ugh the actual gameplay put me to sleep. Still haven't finished TBS1.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans
6. Re: DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans Apr 6, 2016, 19:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, $40 season pass, count me out until the $9.99 GotY version gets released.

Easily the worst thing to happen to PC gaming in the past decade, Season Passes.

News Comments > Last Days of Old Earth Early Access
1. Re: Last Days of Old Earth Early Access Apr 6, 2016, 15:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

is.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Everything Wrong with Spectre in 16 Minutes or Less Apr 6, 2016, 13:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

How the hell does it take you 16 minutes to explain the flaws of Spectre?

Come on, Youtubers, stop getting so long winded.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy
52. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 22:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

El Pit wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 12:59:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 12:03:
Offtopic: Idris Elba has the potential to be a GREAT Roland. Roland's never been done before anyway in live action, right? So what's the issue? The general impression from the books is a man so weathered and leathery it hardly matters what race he is. If your impression of Roland is from the comics, well, for shame.

What? King describes him as someone who looks like Eastwood, and do you remember the racial tensions between Odetta and him? It seems it is you who should read the books!

Hrm yeah the Odetta dialogues... it has been like 15+ years since I read the books.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 5, 2016, 22:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 21:23:
When the driver woke up and asked why he was driving so fast, Carlos told him it was because the police were chasing them. Robinson demanded that Carlos pull over, but police said he refused.

Hahaha! Can you imagine? Waking up to some guy driving your car like a maniac with the cops behind you? Fucking lol!

Can't believe this kind of shit doesn't happen more often with Uber... what a terrible idea. Cabs are terrible, but Uber is just insane.

News Comments > Black Desert Online Sells 400K
2. Re: Black Desert Online Sells 400K Apr 5, 2016, 21:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

LittleMe wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 20:55:
Black Desert Online now boasts an average of 100.000 concurrent users.

That figure includes 90,000+ afk'ers since the game punishes offline players.

Punishes offline players... sheesh, another Korean Grindfest mmo, Grimmo!

News Comments > Hand of Fate 2 Announced
2. Re: Hand of Fate 2 Announced Apr 5, 2016, 21:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hand of Fate surprised me... it is actually really good, on an obviously limited budget. Great voice work, fun gameplay, new mechanics; hopefully HoF2 is amazing.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy
13. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 12:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Haha! A rather tame joke in an 'expansion' to a decades old (albeit beloved)game, oh the horror!

I was going to wait on buying this because of the bugs I'd heard about, but now I'm tempted to get it a bit earlier.

Offtopic: Idris Elba has the potential to be a GREAT Roland. Roland's never been done before anyway in live action, right? So what's the issue? The general impression from the books is a man so weathered and leathery it hardly matters what race he is. If your impression of Roland is from the comics, well, for shame.

Offtopic^2: I didn't get the impression of Poe and Finn being gay either from the film, but I was probably too pissed at the third death star type object being part of the plot to care.

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic
10. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 4, 2016, 13:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

deqer wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 12:14:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 12:03:
Overwatch the game feels like well worn territory,

No. You're wrong.

It's entirely possible, I haven't played it. From the gameplay videos I've seen, not too keen on downloading it at the moment.

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic
5. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 4, 2016, 12:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

These CGI videos Blizzard does are great. Why are they even bothering to make a TF2 ripoff... just go straight into making this a CG cartoon movie or series. I know I'd watch it.

Overwatch the game feels like well worn territory, not interested in playing it at all.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 4, 2016, 08:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 20:04:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 18:07:
Starpoint Gemini 2 is on sale for $7. Anyone play it? Supposedly Freelancer-ish.

I got it, it's extremely simple and you'll get bored. The base game has a good foundation but not enough work has been put into the game to make it interesting. No one really has committed to building a space game with lots of interesting things to do sadly.

Basically this, at least so far. I bought it during this sale also, and so far I'm not overly impressed. Not too much time into it yet though, to be fair.

I'm starting to think I should just declare a moratorium on buying new games for a year or so, and just burn through the Steam/Gog backlog... keep getting underwhelmed when I break down and buy something recently.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 3, 2016, 09:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, those clips show some great plays... I've pretty much lost the taste for CS these days as far as playing, but it still produces great clips.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Next Month
9. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 1, 2016, 20:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Already uninstalled D3. Seasons had no appeal to me, and there are simply so many other things to play.

Grim Dawn is more interesting than D3's set based itemization and endless grinding for microscopic improvements, as far as ARPGs go.

I'd probably check out another D3 expansion, but it'd have to be amazing to get me to come back to Diablo at this point.

News Comments > Battleborn System Specs
2. Re: Battleborn System Specs Mar 30, 2016, 12:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not that interested in this game anyway, but:

[i"There will not be support for either 4K or off-sized displays at launch, though we’re actively investigating both."

Does this mean they won't even support my classic 1920x1200 monitor!?

Or just no multi-monitor setups?

Pfft, vanilla 1920x1080.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 29, 2016, 21:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 20:57:
Is call to arms any good? Looks like a mod for men of war.

It's... ok right now, I have faith the Men of War guys working on it will get it up to snuff, eventually.

For $6.24 it's easily worth it, although of course it's not finished yet.

I guess I'd say it depends on how much you liked MoW:AS2... it has potential to be better, but right now it's not, and there are currently some weird design choices in the game, but they are getting a ton of negative feedback about those, so I expect them to get resolved before the game goes live.

News Comments > DOOM Beta Keys
1. Re: DOOM Beta Keys Mar 29, 2016, 13:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh... I'd like a beta key, but to have to set foot into a retail store, let alone a Gamestop...

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2016, 20:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Haha, classic 'sales' tactic. Also, that electronics store is going out of business!

2642 Comments. 133 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo