Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4400 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer: Chaosbane Trailer
2. Re: Warhammer: Chaosbane Trailer Sep 20, 2018, 23:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 20, 2018, 22:34:
Man, I was for 3 seconds hyped until I remembered that nothing good ever comes from Warhammer RPG announcements

Basically this, but surely they can't mess up the ARPG format too much?

j/k that's literally one of the harder genres to get right, as evidenced by truckloads of shit ARPGs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies Trailer Sep 20, 2018, 23:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

CoD ripoff of Left 4 Dead and Strange Brigade? Not interested personally, but I'm sure it'll make a billion dollars.  

News Comments > RAM Pressure Announced
1. Re: RAM Pressure Announced Sep 20, 2018, 15:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting premise, although the trailer doesn't really look like anything special. I'll keep an eye on this, I can't get enough of good XCom variations.

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires Alone in the Dark & Act of War
2. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires Alone in the Dark & Act of War Sep 19, 2018, 23:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Xero wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 22:30:
Can some company for the love of jeebuz acquire the rights for "Nocturne"? Was I the only one that lived when that game came out and blew me the f**k away? Who the hell else knows what I'm talking about. I never hear anyone mention of it. It was pure badass for it's time. I'd even love to buy it now with proper Win10 support.

I remember Nocturne well, the idea was great, the controls were... well it's unfair to say horrendous, because there was an autoaim option, but oh my god, talk about fighting the controls! Also I remember it being extremely buggy, at least the initial release. Still on CDs?

I don't remember playing any patched version later on, so maybe it got better.

Also, I remember it being the Crysis of its time, in that it ran at like 5-10fps on midrange computers of the day.

Two pistols John Woo style, fighting vampires and werewolves for Theodore Roosevelt, cool. Two pistols, attempted to be mapped to mouse controls in a slightly isometric 3d environment even with those weird laser sights? Made me rage. It's been awhile but I swear there was an option to map each arm to a different control set or something? Lol, basically I had issues with the controls.

It's one of those games that needs a patched up re-release on GoG, now that it can run at a real framerate for everybody.

It's cool that you love it though, Xero... reminds me of Soldiers of Anarchy for me, which about 3 people played world wide, and was crazy awesome.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 16, 2018, 17:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

I don't get some of these remakes like this... I mean I enjoyed Fallout:NV, but I don't think I enjoyed it enough to do another 200+ hour run through the game, just because it's in a slightly better engine.

Part of the appeal(in making the mod) is that it is a labor of love for the developers of course, but who even has time to play these remakes?

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 16, 2018, 10:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

One story: "Almost half of US cellphone calls will be scams"

Another story: "FEMA to use cellphones to put out Presidential Alerts"

I see a potential issue here...

Also, let's keep people in constant fear, that'll help.

News Comments > Overwatch WINE Bans
2. Re: Overwatch WINE Bans Sep 15, 2018, 15:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

That'll teach those evil Linux ne'er-do-wells! How dare they try to use a non-abusive OS and still play games!

News Comments > Vortx Environmental Simulator
8. Re: Vortx Environmental Simulator Sep 14, 2018, 10:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Haha, is this an Onion or other satire site video? This can't be real... #GetBlown is their hashtag? Rofl!

I'll hold out for version 3.0 with Smellovision.

News Comments > Vox Machinae Early Access Nears
2. Re: Vox Machinae Early Access Nears Sep 13, 2018, 14:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty cool, I'll keep an eye on this, assuming they charge something reasonable.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 11:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ahh, BF4, the best Battlefield. On the one hand, it's nice that EA is basically giving away all their older multiplayer games for free or at a massive discount, but hoo boy, I imagine the cheating situation is going to be insane for a few months.

News Comments > Strange Brigade DLC and Free Maps
4. Re: Strange Brigade DLC and Free Maps Sep 12, 2018, 08:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

I was a little hyped up for this pre-release, glad I didn't buy into it at retail. Moving this to the $10 or less list.  

News Comments > Door Kickers: Action Squad Released
2. Re: Door Kickers: Action Squad Released Sep 10, 2018, 21:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

That looks pretty awesome actually, obviously somewhat derivative of Broforce, but I love that game.

Now, how do I convince any of the coop group to buy this...

News Comments > Battlefield V Beta Opens
42. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2018, 20:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 15:37:

none that I have noticed, on w10 with 1070 and obviously the same driver since it was forced*

What games did it break?

I shouldn't have said break, but Mad Max and BFV Beta became basically unplayable, didn't try many more. Pausing every 10-40 seconds or so, for a good 3-4 seconds. But, it's Windows 8.1, so maybe Nvidia half assed that driver.

I went back one driver version as I said and no issues, so hopefully it'll be fixed for whatever version comes after 399.07, if I give in and get BFV later.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 10, 2018, 20:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Way to film the death or maiming of your friend, buddy.

Pretty sure this clip is years old though... something about these videosift style sites, they are dredging up old clips all the time, acting as though they are brand new. It's strangely depressing.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews
18. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews Sep 10, 2018, 20:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Meh, I thought the reboot and the sequel were okay, well worth the 10 bucks or less I spent on each. I'll probably pick this up when it's under $10 as well, and murder thousands of henchmen in gruesome fashion, so I can Indiana Jones some chunks of carved stone or something.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 10, 2018, 20:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

I can't cringe hard enough at this entire story. Humanity, please. Try harder, or something.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 10, 2018, 20:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I may give in and finally pick up Deep Sky Derelicts... anybody have that game? Supposedly the full release is this month(September) ?

Anyway, about to add even more to the queue, as the world burns around us, as usual.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 10, 2018, 15:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Uwe Boll, questionable at best as a director, but a high master of tax loopholes and gathering funding.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 9, 2018, 18:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

J wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 15:34:
MORE GAMES WITH CAPS PLEASE. Said nobody, ever.

I thought we already established it a few weeks ago; if your game's name is ALL CAPS, it's instantly successful on Steam.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Re: Saturday Previews Sep 8, 2018, 12:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Accurrate article. It's been mostly downhill for BFV for me, since I found out Supports can't just build wherever the hell they want with their sandbags and gun emplacements.

Luckily we're in a golden age of RPGs and tactical squad games right now.

With a slight resurgence of coop vs horde games to boot.

4400 Comments. 220 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo