Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3371 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 2, 2017, 15:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Apr 2, 2017, 14:02:
Glad to see PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS rockin out still....

Well, I am glad people are enjoying the game, but something about that title irks the hell out of me. Grammar, capitalization, whatever, the OCD kicks in a bit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 31, 2017, 20:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Being cruel to animals is terrible, but that looks like Brazil, and those are most likely a pack of wild dogs. Better they get euthanized before they maim or kill someone. Russia, suprisingly, has a similar problem with packs of wild dogs running the streets.

Literally, that's not some sort of political commentary, there are packs of wild dogs in Moscow, as of last year at least.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Weekend
15. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Weekend Mar 31, 2017, 20:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

The campaign was pretty good, but yes it is extremely short. This is not a game you should buy for the single player.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC Sharing
11. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Sharing Mar 31, 2017, 13:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Armengar wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 12:48:
If 25 years old is a veteran. WTF is a 55 year old....

25 years of playing, I didn't start at age zero.

I think Wolfenstein 3d came out around when I was 13-14? So as I'm pushing 40, 25 years of playing FPS games at least, probably really 27.

If you are 55 years old playing multiplayer FPS games, good for you, you old fart!

11. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Weekend Mar 31, 2017, 13:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 12:02:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 11:41:
The community for this game seems to be near non-existent.

Wonder how much that would have changed if BF1 didn't release almost exactly the same time.

That's probably partially to blame, also wasn't there a COD/BLOPS about the same time?

Probably more of an issue is the gameplay itself, it's fast and vertical, and the mechs can of course utterly wreck new players who are trying to walk around as just infantry/pilots. I wouldn't exactly call it a steep learning curve; the gameplay isn't terribly complex, but it's definitely a step up from standard-paced FPS games.

News Comments > Destiny 2 in September; PC Included
16. Re: Destiny 2 in September; PC Included Mar 31, 2017, 11:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 08:52:
I swear that blue guy's voice is Lance Reddick's

It is. Lt. Daniels in The Wire, Charon in John Wick, Destiny 1 and 2, apparently.

Nathan Fillion voices the robot-headed guy.

Some clarification about PC and Xbox having to wait a year for the Expansions so PS4 can have some timed exclusivity would be nice, if that's the case I'll probably just pass on this game.

6. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Weekend Mar 31, 2017, 11:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Good, hopefully this succeeds in bringing in new people to the multiplayer, which is actually REALLY well done, and fun.

The community for this game seems to be near non-existent.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC Sharing
9. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Sharing Mar 31, 2017, 11:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 09:47:
I haven't seen a lot of cheaters aside from one game that was hacked, guy had 100+ kills and no death yeah I am sure he was just that good while I was still actively playing, it may be worst now.

I've got around 110 hours into BF1 at this point, and there is definitely a thriving community of cheat providers(for profit) and people who buy those cheats. I've personally reported about 5 people so far, who were blatantly cheating(100+ kills, all headshots, with LMG, from across the map, etc.) There are probably more just using ESP style map hacks as well.

I don't think I bothered to report a single person for anything in any previous BF game, it's noticeably worse in this one.

That said, I go weeks without seeing any cheaters... it's not anything approaching every game, or anything like that. I do play pretty much only Conquest 64man though, so maybe there is a higher percentage of cheaters in TDM or something.

There is also a pretty wide range of skill levels in this game though. Every game it seems like there are people who are playing their very first FPS, mixed in with 25+ year veterans like myself, as well as younger and quicker-reflexed semi-pro streamers and whatnot. Since it's a BF game, there are also the 1,000 hour pilots and people who exclusively camp with tanks, etc. So there are a fair amount of hackusations flying around as well, unfortunately.

Still, it's the multiplayer game I enjoy the most, currently. Titanfall 2 probably has more interesting short-round gameplay, but it feels like that community is already dead; when I go to play at off hours, sometimes it takes like 5-10 minutes to even find a game(at which point some people go afk or leave, ruining it), whereas I can find an almost full 64man Conquest BF1 server at 4am no problem.

News Comments > Destiny 2 in September; PC Included
9. Re: Destiny 2 in September; PC Included Mar 31, 2017, 01:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm kind of interested, but apparently there is a ONE YEAR wait for content unless you are on PS4? Why the hell would I buy the expansions, let alone the game, if I have to wait probably 2-3 years for it to be 'complete' ?

Hopefully that's just a punishment for the Xbox, and not also the PC version.

News Comments > Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass Released
6. Re: Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass Released Mar 30, 2017, 04:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

BF1 is clearly not a simulation, and only has the most tentative connections to history in the gameplay.

If you want a more sim-style WW1 game, try Verdun; it's not bad, I hear. I got it in a bundle sale awhile back, I've been meaning to try it.

Nothing beats BF1 though for just dropping in for a few rounds of Conquest Large though, in my opinion.

News Comments > Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass Released
1. Re: Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass Released Mar 29, 2017, 15:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is easily the most beautiful rendering of a horrific war I've ever seen. Even the rubble is gorgeous.

The new weapon unlocks (vaguely BF4ish style) are a step in the right direction, but the requirements seem a bit off. I don't seem to be earning any more War Bonds though when I level up, so I assume they won't be adding any War Bond unlocks in the future? I have everything that was available via warbond unlocked currently.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2017, 12:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wait, this site has forums?

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced
11. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced Mar 28, 2017, 23:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 22:17:
How are you guys getting 13 and 8 bucks from GOG??? It's showing 20 for me...

It showed the same for me, until I logged in. Then it shows the $13.99 price (mainland USA, no VPN).

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2017, 21:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 20:44:
Also incredibly fucking dangerous. That stuff is microscopic needleblades. Far worse than fiberglass or asbestos. Spraying it would be scary as fuck. That shit in the air is terrifying to me. It's how you get cancers and shit. I wouldn't even handle the stuff. Yikes.

All these new nano-materials are incredibly dangerous to humans or anything with respiratory systems... the particles are too small to be filtered out naturally, and usually razor sharp to boot. If it makes you feel better though, Diesel exhaust is about as bad, just not as jagged. The particles are too fine to easily get filtered out like larger dust particles would.

Still, I don't think this is going to see much consumer grade use, at least it shouldn't.

Just remember this when they try to build that space elevator cable with carbon nanotubes... they will be breaking off and getting inhaled by people for hundreds of miles around. Oh wait, humanity will kill itself long before we build anything cool like a space elevator.

News Comments > Mafia III Demo and DLC Released
3. Re: Mafia III Demo and DLC Released Mar 28, 2017, 11:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'll probably get this the next time they do a decent sale on Steam, in spite of the mediocre reviews. It looks sale-worthy at least.

I'll try the demo this weekend, hopefully.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown?
9. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 27, 2017, 22:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Drayth wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 21:21:
If you follow the list of mods here, one of the mods increases the font size of all of the text. I've played it using these mods at native 2K res in the past and it works great.
http://thunderpeel2001.blogspot.com/2009/01/planescape-torment-fully-modded.html

NEwayz, they've said in the past they would likely never do PS:T or IW2 because those each have heavily modified engines. Where as BG1 & 2 and IW1 can be all run from the same engine. Interesting...

Thanks for that link, I'll try that text size mod at some point.

Beamdog probably realized they can make some decent coin doing these Enhanced Editions, and they also probably feel they know the IE engine variations enough now to do Planescape:Torment.

Only official thing I could find about IWD2:EE (in 2 seconds of googling) was from 2014 so they may have changed their minds since then.

*EDIT* I've owned the Enhanced Editions of BG1/BG2 (+Dragonspear) for awhile now; I've been meaning to do a run through, but I've been letting them patch it up and waiting for mods to catch up. The best mod from BG2, Improved Tactics, still has not been updated for BG2:EE. There are other tactics-type mods out of course, but IT was far and away the most fun back in the day. I'll probably just have to use the Gibberlings one at some point, I don't think anybody is even working on updating the Tactics mod anymore.

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta
17. Re: Is Chivalry: Medieval Warfare better now? Mar 27, 2017, 20:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks pretty interesting.. I'll probably try Mirage just to support their decision to NOT make everything brown and gray and washed out.

Have some damn colors in your games, (and movies), developers(directors)! Not everything has to be Serious and Gray and Dark.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 27, 2017, 20:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

How the hell can Bundle Stars afford to keep giving these 99% off deals?!?

*looks at the titles*

Oh, complete shovelware.

Still, they have relatively decent games for insane sales sometimes... are they one of the Russian Key or stolen credit card laundering sites? I've bought stuff from them in the past, I hate to admit.

Also, Men of War:Assault Squad 2 (Steam 80% off) that game is awesome, I highly recommend it. Higher level micro required though, be warned.

5. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 27, 2017, 20:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

pagb wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 19:32:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 18:06:
Well, good.

Regular Planescape:Torment looks like shit on my 2560x1440p monitor.

Did you use the patches for custom res to set it to something like 1280x720? (higher would mean tiny sprites)

Yeah I've tried those... basically I need dramatically improved vision these days to play some older games that get upscaled.

At a certain point games like PS:T which was designed for...640x480? 800x600? become unreadable for me, or hard enough to read that it's more trouble than fun to play.

1. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 27, 2017, 18:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, good.

Regular Planescape:Torment looks like shit on my 2560x1440p monitor.

3371 Comments. 169 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo