Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3063 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > More BlizzCon Announcement Details
12. Re: More BlizzCon Announcement Details Nov 5, 2016, 13:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Diablo 3 is inherently flawed, because of the extreme focus on Primary stat, and overpowered damage bonuses to skills from sets. The entire game is thrown out of whack by the massive damage/hp inflation.

Until those issues get fixed, everything else is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

*Disclaimer* easily 1000+ hours in D3, all classes combined.

Diablo 3's engine is great, the graphics are fine(to me, at least), but it'll take a developer with some balls to squish down the insane numbers and make more builds viable again.

I don't see that happening with Blizzard's D or E team in charge of Diablo 3, all their top talent is on Overwatch, WoW, Hearthstone, etc.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.com's Monstrous Fall Sale
13. Re: GOG.com's Monstrous Fall Sale Nov 4, 2016, 22:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slashman wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 15:25:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 14:55:

Speaking of which, I need to finish up Witcher 1 and 2, so I can get to fucking Witcher 3 already, damn. :(

Witcher 3 is gonna kick your butt. Imagine a Skyrim where ALL the sidequests plus the main quests are actually
really
good.

I know, I keep hearing that, and it sounds awesome, but the OCD won't let me just start Witcher 3 without exhausting Witcher 1 and 2.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 4, 2016, 22:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 18:11:
Love Danny - he plays his part so well, it's hard to tell how much he's acting. Be curious how he turns out in the next Prometheus.

Haha! He's in the Prometheus sequel? He's like more than a few actors, he's always playing the same 'character' regardless of his role in a given movie. Still, I love his delivery, and find him hilariously low brow. Eastbound and Down was great.

Hopefully he doesn't do that sort of act in the Prometheus sequel, it'd be sooo out of place(probably).

News Comments > Tyranny Trailer
7. Re: Tyranny Trailer Nov 4, 2016, 22:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Disclaimer: I already preordered this, so I'll be getting furious at Day 1 bugs or having a great time playing relatively bug free.

I'm kinda pumped about the RPG scene still, Torment, D:OS2, Tyranny, all spaced out reasonably well the next couple of months; it should be awesome.

News Comments > Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced
16. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 4, 2016, 18:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Meh, too little too late, for me at least. Necromancer? Those resources would have been better spent on revamping the damage multiplication nonsense on sets, but oh well.

Pass, but I'm sure Blizzard will still make tens of millions on the Necromancer DLC.

News Comments > Tyranny Trailer
1. Re: Tyranny Trailer Nov 4, 2016, 18:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks and sounds great, except for the usage based skill system(ala Oblivion, etc.) I'd prefer a standard level up, use points, but I can tolerate it.

Now, all they need to do is avoid the Obsidian curse of massive bugs on Day 1...

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta
2. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta Nov 4, 2016, 18:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Overon wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 17:50:
I hope it's good. They need to show unscripted footage.

Same... I have already thrown a spear across a battlefield for Odin, hoping this game will end up great, but I'm not going to pre-order, simply because they have shown nothing related to actual gameplay in months.

I'll gladly spend the extra 7 dollars after release day if Steam reviews are favorable.

11. Re: GOG.com's Monstrous Fall Sale Nov 4, 2016, 14:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 08:37:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 02:06:
Either way, bought Tyranny like a day before the sale started.

I may go ahead and grab that one just to support Obsidian, even though I'm not sure when I'd get to it...

I think everybody on Bluesnews has a ridiculous queue at this point, but certain games get bumped way up the list on mine.

When Tyranny comes out in...6 days? I all other games get pushed to the side and I run through that entirely. Same for Divinity Original Sin II when it comes out. Single player RPGs from some developers get top priority!

Speaking of which, I need to finish up Witcher 1 and 2, so I can get to fucking Witcher 3 already, damn.

All my gaming time lately has been on Battlefield 1, Grim Dawn, and Shadow Warrior 2, although SW2 is almost done.

News Comments > Iron Harvest 1920+ Announced
2. Re: Iron Harvest 1920+ Announced Nov 4, 2016, 11:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

I haven't read the original source material, but the concept art and the idea of Diesel Punk sounds interesting.

Here's hoping this turns out pretty good to great, at least. It's REAL early though.

3. Re: GOG.com's Monstrous Fall Sale Nov 4, 2016, 02:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 01:36:
No, if you buy either one you get the three other games "free". Expeditions Conquistador is well worth having for anyone who doesn't have it. In the rare time its name pops up around here the few of us who've played it always espouse what a great a game it is, and how it's a shame it's flown under the radar. Definitely a hidden gem.

Whoops, yeah, read that quick, my bad. Either way, bought Tyranny like a day before the sale started.

1. Re: GOG.com's Monstrous Fall Sale Nov 3, 2016, 22:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Some good things on sale there, but I think I've finally reached my limit on buying new games... the queue is immense!

I looked the sale over, I either own it or it's too far down the desire list to bother picking it up.

Nice XP system to get D:OS2 and Tyranny though, I could have made really good use of that... if I didn't already own both.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend
2. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend Nov 3, 2016, 22:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Esoteric wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 21:47:
This is a good game, especially with friends. Definitely worth the download to try if you're on the fence.

I'm tempted, but I hear the grind is still utterly ridiculous(random drops, etc.), plus my normal coop group is worn out on games with a ton of grinding... hrm.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer
4. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 14:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kelpie wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 13:11:
Anyone else spot the obvious mistake in the trailer?

No American Flag, bleached white by radiation?

Also, sounds like Clancy Brown

I still need to finish Mass Effect 3.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 2 Next Year
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 Next Year Nov 2, 2016, 13:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Finally bought SW:Battlefont when it was on sale awhile back... the game is gorgeously underwhelming. I struggled to get 10 hours into it, just to see if I started to like their design decisions... nope.

Still, the engine and related tech is so good, I'll keep an eye on SW:BF2 to see if they actually make a worthwhile game this time around.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Stretch Goals Add Free Game
7. Re: Wasteland 3 Stretch Goals Add Free Game Nov 2, 2016, 12:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Redmask wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 07:52:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 21:54:
Hrm, did I back this? No it's on yet another crowd funding page and I was too annoyed to make an account. Still, I wish them success, and look forward to playing the game, I just don't know if I want to bother joining Fig.

It's like a 3 second process. Less if you use a password manager with a fill function. Of all the things to complain about.

Kickstarter hasn't exactly been wonderful so I'm happy to try something else that was started by devs.

Well, the other issue is they are listing Q4 2019 as the release date. That feels like basically they are saying they have done almost nothing on the game at this point. Still, the digital copy tier is $33. Because of the nature of Fig I'm tempted to put in a higher amount just to see what happens to my investment, but my cautionary side is thinking that's probably just throwing money away.

Fence Sitters unite! I have about 33 hours to decide, apparently.

*EDIT* Doh! Maximum investor limit reached. That's probably a good sign of legitimacy anyway, so $33 version it is, or nothing.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Spotted?
22. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Spotted? Nov 1, 2016, 22:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Graham wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 19:17:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 11:00:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 10:46:
bleh, too little, too late, really.

Grim Dawn and Path of Exile both have way more enjoyable and complex leveling and itemization, with only slightly worse engines.

Better get to work on Diablo 4, Blizzard.

Grim Dawn and Path of Exile weren't nearly as fun for me. I definitely want more Diablo. Don't care if it's an expansion or the fourth.

Path of Exile makes me want to slam my head into my desk every time my buddies insist on reinstalling it.

Path of Exile...I stopped playing because I felt the currency grind got out of hand several patches ago, but I like their skill systems.

Grim Dawn is great, they've added a ton to the game, and the Devotion system really fleshes out the weakness of the classic Titan Quest style skill point system. I'm still finding new legendaries and setting up new characters based around those drops.

Of course, no one is going to argue that D3 doesn't have a better engine than either GD or PoE, but what can you do? ARPGs aren't just about the graphics and physics.

News Comments > Steam Screenshot Policy Change?
10. Re: Steam Screenshot Policy Change? Nov 1, 2016, 22:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 20:54:
How is this not a good thing? I can't tell you how many games on the Steam Store have their 1st video as some sorta pre-rendered bullshit or montage that changed every half second,that shows nothing from in the game, and they do the same thing with screenshots.

Yup, decent change by Valve, plenty of bullshit screenshots these days.

Also; good policy change, 3 paragraph announcement? Halflife 3 confirmed.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Nov 1, 2016, 22:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hahehahohohahaha... dutch oven.

I have two cast iron skillets, and one wok. The cast iron wok is a bit heavy for classic wok moves, but it's giving me popeye forearms.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Stretch Goals Add Free Game
2. Re: Wasteland 3 Stretch Goals Add Free Game Nov 1, 2016, 21:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, did I back this? No it's on yet another crowd funding page and I was too annoyed to make an account. Still, I wish them success, and look forward to playing the game, I just don't know if I want to bother joining Fig.

News Comments > Steven Seagal Joins World of Warships
12. Re: Steven Seagal Joins World of Warships Nov 1, 2016, 14:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Eccentric wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 11:07:
But he's just a cook..

"My men can handle a dozen marines, and a hundred cooks!"

*Some time later, a man is impaled by a steel girder.

3063 Comments. 154 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo