Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3625 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 11, 2017, 12:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, Cyanide and Happiness is an amazing web comic, not sure how it'll translate into a game though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Maze Announced
3. Re: Dead Maze Announced Aug 11, 2017, 12:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Blue, wrong video embedded. You most likely meant this one: Dead Maze

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Plans
2. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Plans Aug 9, 2017, 10:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 09:52:
I know there's a lot of hate for this game/dev etc.
But if anyone interested to pick it up and try it, it's on sale at the Humble store for $24
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/no-mans-sky

I bet it will be on sale on Steam as well to celebrate the new patch

Hrm, interesting. I'm tempted, although it seems like the base price of NMS should have dropped by now... still $59.99 !?!

News Comments > Gearbox Teases Project 1v1
12. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 9, 2017, 08:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

FPS with card based metagame? Theoretically this could be good, Hand of Fate is pretty damned awesome, and that was made with almost no budget, compared to what Gearbox will be able to spend.

Still, it's Gearbox, I'm sure they will put in annoying mechanics/loot boxes/excessive grinding/trash weapons/whatever and ruin it.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Multiplayer Trailer
3. Re: Destiny 2 Multiplayer Trailer Aug 9, 2017, 05:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Are they still going to delay content to PC by a year? If so, fuck this game.  

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Released
8. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Released Aug 8, 2017, 13:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nullity wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 13:07:
I was fairly interested in this until I found out it had a permadeath mechanic. My game-time is unfortunately limited, which makes it valuable to me. Any game with mechanics that can completely invalidate all the time I've put into it so far, are immediate no-buys.

Admittedly, this permadeath implementation fits in with the unique theme of the game, which is kinda cool in a way, but ultimately the end result is the same.

Permadeath!? Ugh. Still, I'll probably get this at some point on sale, it looks gorgeous.

News Comments > LawBreakers Released
12. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 8, 2017, 08:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks kinda interesting, in a frenzied DM way. I've been in more of a RPG mood though lately.

I'll check and see if any of my Battlefield/QWTF people are playing this though, maybe I'll get it at some point if the old crowd gets into it.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 5, 2017, 23:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

That song has been out for 6+ months, that video at least was posted in January. Hot as hell girls, high quality production video, with added fan base from Justin Beiber(?) who also sings on a version of that song, worldwide internet use... definitely possible that it's a real watch count.

Psy's Gangnam Style got billions of views, and that was... 5-10 years ago? And that song is even worse, but with a funny video.

The far more shocking thing in this Metaverse post is that Bitcoin is over $3000. Cryptocoin, one of the greatest scams currently available.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Aug 5, 2017, 18:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 17:40:
Battlegrounds Skirt Going For Nearly $500 On The Steam Marketplace…

Yeah, PUBG devs are swimming in money what with millions of copies of that game sold. Seems ridiculous to start rolling out microtransactions when the game's not done yet.

Glad I skipped that mess, to be honest. Nothing ruins a game(in my eyes alone, apparently ) like items, looted in game, that lead to cash trading 'outside' the game. Surest way to bring in the worst aspects of humanity.

News Comments > Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight
11. Re: Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight Aug 5, 2017, 14:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Saboth wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 11:51:
2. The developer is supposedly far alt-right, with a doomsday bunker, etc., so people are using that against him.

I am not interested in this game, especially with D:OS2 around the corner, but surely that would be a valid reason for not supporting this game, if somebody disagrees with the maker(s) politics?

Reading random excerpts from his blog, he seems like an insane person. Nothing supposedly about it, unfortunately.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 4, 2017, 19:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 21:07:
Leaked transcripts of Trump’s phone call with the Australian prime minister reveal the profound depths of the president’s ignorance.

This should really surprise no one who has been paying attention so far. The man is not smart. He is not fit to be President. Any other interpretation is faulty.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 4, 2017, 12:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

That mod looks very nice... I'd still like to buy GTAV some day, if they drop the price.

Still, 80 million copies, at let's say $60 on average, that's almost 5 billion dollars.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Split-screen and Controller Support
8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Split-screen and Controller Support Aug 3, 2017, 00:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 22:39:
As Backer I have played the beta and gotta say it's shaping up really REALLY nicely

Excellent, I've heard that from several sources, that the beta is already awesome. I've been avoiding playing the beta on Gog(I backed it also), now I just need to clean the RPG slate a bit and make room for D:OS2.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Split-screen and Controller Support
3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Split-screen and Controller Support Aug 2, 2017, 17:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

September 14th, sweet.  

News Comments > Redeemer Released
3. Re: Redeemer Released Aug 2, 2017, 17:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell, Gambitious was advertising this for weeks/months as coming to Gog and Steam, and now somehow that Gog deal fell through?

I'd buy this on Gog over Steam for sure, single player, no multi, etc.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2017, 16:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fletch wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 12:05:
Well, if you wait to hire a Planetary Protection Officer until you need a Planetary Protection Officer, it's probably going to be too late to save our gold and women.

Fletch wins this thread.

News Comments > X-Morph: Defense This Month
3. Re: X-Morph: Defense This Month Aug 2, 2017, 11:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

That looks pretty good actually, although hopefully that Windows 10 logo doesn't mean exclusive to Win10?

News Comments > Redeemer Released
1. Re: Redeemer Released Aug 2, 2017, 06:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game still looks awesome; I'm definitely going to buy it. Also, apparently only $12.74 on Steam right now? Might as well just get it now.

*EDIT* Not on Gog yet? Hrm.. should I wait for a Gog release...

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Videos
1. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Videos Aug 2, 2017, 06:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I'm definitely interested in the game, but what the hell is this thing game companies are doing now, spoiling their own games? Who do they think they are, the movie trailer industry?

*Not watching the videos, obviously.

News Comments > Descent: Underground Demo
24. Re: Descent: Underground Demo Jul 31, 2017, 22:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 21:16:
Overload beta level is free on Steam. Check it out.

Nice, got that, played it. Apparently present day Me is 900 times better at 6 degree of motion games than 1980s/1990s Me... I am not unlike a Demigod in both games in terms of movement.

Movement feels great in both games, honestly. If I had to choose one this early, I'd go Descent Underground, but I think both games have enough options that you can set up your movement to your liking. Speed and responsiveness is great, but Overload's Mouse movement allows you to change orientation(roll) a little too easy, got turned around in the maps a bit, like old Descent. No Hud map didn't help in Overload either.

Guns seem pretty even across the two games, although it feels like missiles should move a bit faster in Descent Underground. But it was that way in the original Descent too, slower(than regular FPS) movement speed for projectiles if I remember correctly. Balance wise I understand the movment speed.

Map Design seems really good in both games, but Overload with no minimap/hud map/radar got on my nerves, old school style. That will probably be a plus for some people. I don't think I bothered using any flares at all in Descent Underground so far, maps are well lit and visible. Overload has some purposely dark spots, headlights/flares required. +/- I guess depends on the user. Overload's dark fighting definitely made me more tense, but mostly because I was just lost.

I like the mining laser mechanic in Descent Underground, not a whole lot to do with it currently but break a few walls/boxes? But I can see some interesting promise there, especially with the resource hauling. I'll leave ore hauling to other people for sure, The Torch ship is a beast.

Both games are unfinished, but it seems like Descent Underground keeps wiping my controls at the moment, after a shutdown/restart.

tl/dr: Don't believe the Steam hate, Descent Underground seems really good already, a lot of potential too. Also, not a straight graphical update to original Descent. Overload on the other hand is basically 97% original Descent with a better engine, it seems. Mileage may vary there.

I'll probably get Overload on Gog if they ever put it on there, on sale.

ps. Also apparently I need another SSD, even betas/demos these days are over 10 gigs. the Gog demo version is 13gigs, for Descent Underground.

*EDIT* Grammar.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2017, 22:18.

3625 Comments. 182 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo