Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2590 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 10, 2016, 22:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 21:21:
RoboNerd wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 19:32:
Marvel just jumped the shark... Brood

What do you mean just? Man, I miss the days when comics were good.

There are still good comics, just not Marvel or DC's endless series with endless reboots.

I'll most likely see this movie, but they are simply cramming too many characters in at this point to be able to do anything worthwhile in 2 hours.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
2. Re: Saturday Interviews Mar 5, 2016, 23:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

*badum... tisssh!

News Comments > Open Source MAME
3. Re: Open Source MAME Mar 5, 2016, 16:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, it's probably been almost 10 years since I've really messed with MAME, maybe it's time for another download and some Super Dodgeball etc.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: autonomous killing machines Mar 5, 2016, 10:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Surely nothing bad will happen when we let Autonomous Killing Machines loose on the world!

"Run, the AKMs are coming!"

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 5, 2016, 10:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hand of Fate for $8.49 (or some insanely jacked up price in Canada!) is definitely worth it. Love the design, love the announcer's voice, gameplay starts off pretty simple but improves a bit over time. You can overcome RNGesus via good dodging and striking during combat, which I appreciate a lot these days, in a time of Survival/Rogue-like games taking over a pretty large segment of the market.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Netflix vs network TV Mar 4, 2016, 19:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

In other news, water is wet.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Mar 2, 2016, 12:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Anybody actually buy Mordheim:City of the Damned? I'm tempted, but reading the Steam reviews, sounds like there are a lot of fake-hardcore style design choices, ie. no save scumming, stacked enemies(stat advantage always) and mostly bad AI.

I'm a sucker for strategy games like this though with small squads.

2. Re: Into the Black Mar 1, 2016, 06:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

rudra wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 20:27:
yeh the elephants are getting pissed off all over the world apparently.. its becoming an issue for any place that has them nearby, with many more incidents than ever before

pretty interesting stuff - and btw you dont want to deal with a pissed off elephant

A few of them probably got internet access, or watched a little tv, and saw how many thousands are getting AK-47'd for their ivory. It's probably enough to make you start trunking minivans around for a few hours.

On a serious note, look how fucking strong that animal is! Ridiculous.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Feb 29, 2016, 08:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 17:45:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUBI-YVRY8

That video is way too amusing for what it actually is, haha!

I bought this game years ago on a Gamersgate sale, of all platforms. Barely played it at all, but this looks hilarious... may have to reinstall it at some point and give it another go.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2016, 20:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's easy to blame voters, but in reality the average US citizen has no influence whatsoever in this sort of bullshit. A citizen can vote for 1 candidate in any given election, sometimes zero, if the election is closed(all within one party) and the voter is not of that party. Even then, usually few candidates know of or have any public opinion on this sort of blatant abuse of capitalism.

Most people don't realize or understand just how much power has been lost by the citizens in the US... this has been a corporate controlled nation for some time.

1. Re: Into the Black Feb 24, 2016, 22:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

This series of videos is fucking amazing. Watching the trilogy, I kept wondering, how does this guy never crash and get severely injured? Then I read up on him. He's crashed several times and been severely injured.

That's dedication or madness, some combination of the two.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Feb 23, 2016, 10:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice, patches to my two most played games at the moment.

Grim Dawn came together very nicely, from the pretty damn rough alpha/beta from a few years back. Excellent work by the Crate team, although it was just Arthur for an amazingly long time.

Now, if only the IEMod guys came back from their various comas to update the mod for 3.01, I'd be all set.

News Comments > Farming Simulator 17 Announced
3. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 11:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 10:41:
Woot woot!

That video cracks me up every time. I'm actually tempted to buy Farming Simulator 15, it is(was?) on sale on Steam, but I surely don't need to add anything but XCOM2 and Witcher 3 to the queue at this point.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Freebies and More
2. Re: Dawn of War II Freebies and More Feb 21, 2016, 15:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, not sure about Gunstar Heroes or Viking:Battle for Asgard (it's just "Viking" on Steam!), but Renegade Ops is actually pretty good.

Just turn on 'Tank' steering for Renegade Ops and you can avoid the weird control issue of their default controls.

News Comments > EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics
18. Re: EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics Feb 21, 2016, 08:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Only on PC vote for me as well, no twitter account.

We're really showing our age, I think, with basically zero percent of the bluesnews people using what's considered a common social program these days.

But I'd also vote more for a true sequel to Dragon Age:Origins, not the more action oriented actual sequels that exist so far.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part 2 Released
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part 2 Released Feb 17, 2016, 13:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

After 5-6 hours of playing, on a high level party, I'm really enjoying almost everything they've added/changed except the overall nerf to traditional casters.(Rest to recharge spells). Priests, Druids, Wizards, lost their Per Encounter change, and got mastery of 1 spell instead, that gives one cast per encounter.

I can understand why they changed it, you used to be able to Oil Slick and Cold Fog your way to victory, but I disagree with the change. IE Mod can't get updated fast enough!

Seems relatively bug free also, especially on my newer Ranger and Barb playthroughs. Old Rogue playthrough from Day 1 has an icon bug of some sort, that must be corrupted in the saves themselves... persists even after a fresh install.

I am really missing the movement speed boost and auto save disable from IE Mod though.

News Comments > Make War Not Love 3
1. Re: Make War Not Love 3 Feb 16, 2016, 21:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I wonder if Pro-Pain has tried to sue these guys.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part 2 Released
4. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part 2 Released Feb 16, 2016, 21:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 20:13:
Well there are people that think the White March dlc is a much better campaign vs original. Beyond content they've been making steady changes to everything else and from what I played they all were for the good for the most part. However... I wonder if the load times are any faster yet?

Well, yes, the load times are faster than the vanilla, unpatched game. They put some improvements in for that a few patches ago. They get worse the bigger your save files get though, I am not sure if that's a function of Unity or their save system. Load times between zones are improved somewhat, SSD helps the most of course.

*EDIT* Also, forgot to mention, use IE Mod and turn off the autosave after every zone change, that will dramatically speed the load times up. Of course, Patch 3.0 IE Mod isn't finished yet, but probably a week or so.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2016, 01:36.

News Comments > SEGA Freebies
8. Re: SEGA Freebies Feb 16, 2016, 21:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm tried to add that in Steam, doesn't seem to work correctly for the Sega Classics pack, can't even go to that page.

Is Streets of Rage 2 actually in there somewhere? If so, YES! If not, meh. I can't even guess how many hours I put into SoR2, Road Rash, and maybe 2-3 other games on Genesis. Unfortunately EA owns some of those.

News Comments > Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump
24. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 16, 2016, 21:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 18:39:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 18:37:
Yeah...FO4 just got pushed to the "wait for the $9.99 GotY version" pile.

I hear the game is good, but I can't support anymore of this season pass bullshit, particularly if they are going to bump up the price.

I never really understood this mentality...you aren't required to purchase the Season Pass for any game, much like you aren't required to pre-order shit.

But be damned that they release these optional components for those that do want to purchase it!

Well for a game as huge as Fallout 4, it's not nearly as big a deal, and there will be free mods a plenty, but scores of games have *apparently* cut content only to sell it for extra later in the form of various DLCs/Season Passes or whatever else. That's an old, old can of worms though, and not totally relevant here, where they are just raising the price on future content.

When I finish up Far Cry 4 and Shadows of Mordor I'll coin flip, Witcher 3 or FO4 for my next open world-ish playground. But... IE Mod will probably be done for Pillars in a week... and XCOM2 is standing there, bursting at the seams practically...

2590 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo