Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3269 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Redeemer Announced
5. Re: Redeemer Announced Feb 17, 2017, 15:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

MT Silver wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 06:49:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 21:25:
Wow, this looks pretty good, actually. Should be a nice counterpoint to Ruiner, for the top-down, Smash TV style action genre.

Added to the Wishlist.
Is that game even alive? Haven't heard a peep in like a year.

Pretty sure it is, but yeah they aren't exactly moving quickly. Apparently there was a playable demo at Pax, but I wasn't there to play it or anything.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile The Fall of Oriath Announced
10. Re: Path of Exile The Fall of Oriath Announced Feb 16, 2017, 21:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I'm tempted to go back and try once again to get into Path of Exile... that sounds like they are really putting some effort into making new content. Hopefully the drops aren't utterly ridiculous in their rarity to force people into trading still... ?

Disclaimer: usually a solo player in ARPGs, desire to trade with non-friends, zero. Farming currency to trade 'out of the game' is still reason to avoid for me.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 16, 2017, 21:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

These are funny enough, that I think it wouldn't be too ridiculous to have the next Thor movie to have a Darryl cameo. Assuming Darryl hasn't killed himself because he has to live with Thor's physique as a constant reminder of his own physical shortcomings, along with his general doucheness.

News Comments > Redeemer Announced
1. Re: Redeemer Announced Feb 16, 2017, 21:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, this looks pretty good, actually. Should be a nice counterpoint to Ruiner, for the top-down, Smash TV style action genre.

Added to the Wishlist.

News Comments > Vikings Wolves of Midgard Next Month
2. Re: Vikings Wolves of Midgard Next Month Feb 16, 2017, 15:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty good still, with some noticeable ripoffs homages to Diablo 3, Path of Exile and possibly Torchlight 2 in there.

I'll probably try it out at some point; the queue really cannot be defeated anymore though.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Winter Update
8. Re: Battlefield 1 Winter Update Feb 15, 2017, 09:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Played a little bit last night...aside from the obvious ribbons, didn't notice a huge difference anywhere, except for:

You cannot spawn into tanks/aircraft now, until AFTER everybody loads in. (for conquest, 15 players per team need to have loaded, etc.)

It's annoying, but I didn't really play enough rounds to make up my mind yet. Theoretically it'll make it more 'fair' for people trying to take a vehicle, but if you don't even have a SSD at this point, don't waste our tanks.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Winter Update
2. Re: Battlefield 1 Winter Update Feb 14, 2017, 09:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Class rank moved up to 50?!? They better not relock all the guns/items you get up to 10, ie. spread them out for more of a grind.

I'm at work so I can't check, but I still haven't even gotten Scout to 10, it's almost always more beneficial for me to play another class or drive a tank.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 14, 2017, 03:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 01:28:
A chance to get The Witness, Stardew Valley, Subnautica, and Invisible Inc. AND give to the ACLU AND have Humble match my donation???

HELL YEAH!!!

Middlefinger

Yeah, very good bundle, I didn't even own everything in it yet.

Almost no shovelware titles, only Overgrowth is arguably a waste, and that game theoretically might get finished one day.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 14, 2017, 02:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Full History... Half-Life...2 negative comments...

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access
18. Re: Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access Feb 13, 2017, 16:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game looks fairly interesting, from a gameplay/design standpoint, but hopefully the online related bullshit is all optional. D3 Seasons ripoff, clans voting, other stuff has been mentioned in a couple spots.

ARPGs will almost always get a test play from me, but the competition is pretty well established. I'm done with D3, but Grim Dawn has matured very nicely; they should be releasing another 2 classes this year.

Alpha or pre-alpha gameplay videos look a little slow though...I'm not going to bother playing Early Access, but hopefully a ton of people playtest it before I get to it.

Somebody mentioned in another thread on this game, it's the same company who made Van Helsing? Definitely looks like a slightly updated version of that engine, which I found to be a bit clunky and unoptimized, at least in the first two games. I need to try that Director's Cut or whatever re-release version still.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 23:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Rebel Scum." -British Space Nazi.

I need to go back and finish this game... one of many I've wandered off from halfway through. There are just too many games out.

12. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 22:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 19:25:
looks mediocre

Into the Badlands season 2 looks fucking awesome tho

Oh shit, I forgot all about that show...Wikipedia says March 19th for the premiere of the second season, nice.

Yeah, they actually got some real martial artists in ItB, martial artists who are also surprisingly good athletes, ie. Daniel Wu. Some of the supporting cast, not so much, but the fight choreographer was excellent in the first season, so it worked most of the time.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Feb 9, 2017, 21:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Did people forget that it's Communist China? The same guys that ordered tanks to roll over people in Tiananmen Square are (mostly) still around. They just make a lot more money now. Chinese teens should probably be thankful the powers that be have mellowed out so much.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Cannonlake 15% faster than Kaby Lake Feb 9, 2017, 21:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Intel you devious bastards... it never fails, whenever I upgrade, a MAJOR step forward occurs within 3-6 months.

News Comments > Afghanistan '11 Next Month
1. Re: Afghanistan '11 Next Month Feb 9, 2017, 21:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Too soon? It feels too soon.

News Comments > John Wick Chronicles Released
2. Re: John Wick Chronicles Released Feb 9, 2017, 21:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm going to try and see this tomorrow(opening day), which is something I almost never do... usually I wait a week or two for the crowds to thin out.

Let the cinema gods bless me with no screaming babies, cellphone talkers, or loud commentators!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 9, 2017, 12:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

So the PS4 (regular) version bundles are for a weaker processor/gpu and smaller hard drive? Dastardly!

8. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 11:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 08:42:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 03:51:
tl,dr: Get off my lawn, damn kids.

I'll probably watch Iron Fist, as I'm reasonably sure it's required by US law and international treaty for me, but it seems like it'll be an uphill battle.
Would rather watch it as a movie than have it in series form. Trailer definitely made it seem bruce wayneish, except for the glow in the dark fist, batmans glove could fix that.

Joking aside, I assume Netflix won't have the balls to go with the traditional bright green and yellow Iron Fist costume. He'll end up in some muted-color leather/plastic crap for sure.

3. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 03:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 22:55:
I've enjoyed the Netflix Marvel series, but Luke Cage was pretty meh.

I thought Luke Cage was pretty good, arguably better than Daredevil. Not counting the Daredevil episodes with the Punisher, but definitely a stronger first season than Daredevil's. (Opinions will differ!)

As an old school comics nerd though... this guy is NOT Iron Fist. He's even worse than the guy they got to play Daredevil, physically... neither one is even close to the character. Of course, they have to find people who can actually act, so what can you do?

Danny Rand is a cheap knock off of Bruce Wayne in a lot of ways too, but then again these shows aren't marketed towards people who read comics, this is more for the 'new' generation of Marvel movie fans.

tl,dr: Get off my lawn, damn kids.

I'll probably watch Iron Fist, as I'm reasonably sure it's required by US law and international treaty for me, but it seems like it'll be an uphill battle.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Velvet Shell Details
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Velvet Shell Details Feb 6, 2017, 21:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

So, is this game any good, or is it a hive of scum and villainy, with a toxic community of elitist jerks?

I missed out on trying it on the free weekend.

3269 Comments. 164 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo