Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4085 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > MachiaVillain This Month
4. Re: MachiaVillain This Month May 4, 2018, 12:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Clear influence from Dungeon Keeper, which I love greatly, but yeah, wtf is with this art style? Pass.

Is this made for mobile or something?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 3, 2018, 21:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dammit, easily tricked biological eyeballs! Cybernetic augmentation can't get here quickly enough!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Ryan Shazier's medical bills - Steelers May 3, 2018, 21:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow $8 million plus in one check, that might almost cover his medical bills! Yay for the US health care system.

I wonder if his insurance immediately dropped him upon seeing him get injured on the field?

I'm not bitter or anything.

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
6. Re: Vampyr Trailer May 3, 2018, 21:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty good, I'm still hoping this game turns out well. Many random crosswielding thugs will apparently be getting street-drank by the main character, it appears.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
19. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 29, 2018, 15:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

This thread is all over the place, but real quick:

The Earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old. This is known from Radiometric dating. Radiometric dating, as a field, does include Carbon dating (Radiocarbon dating), but that is not used to judge the age of the Earth or anything whose age is on the order of billions of years, because the half-life of Carbon 14 is only 5,730 years. This ends up giving a max age for Radiocarbon dating to be effective, of around 62,000 years.

Uranium-lead dating is the most agreed upon method for subjects like the Earth, but there are other elements too.

Radiometric dating is really interesting, I encourage everybody to read up on it!

More on topic to the article: Bill Gates, for his many, many faults as a businessman, has done some truly great work as a philanthropist. His donations and projects for the poorer groups of humanity really can't be denied, and shouldn't be ignored because of his ass-hattery while he was at Microsoft.

News Comments > Call to Arms Issues a Call to Arms
2. Re: Call to Arms Issues a Call to Arms Apr 28, 2018, 01:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

I bargain-backed this way back when it was just the next Men of War game basically, before the free to play then whatever it is now versions. Hopefully it turned out okay... I'll try it tomorrow hopefully.

Somehow whatever version I bought back then turned into the Basic Edition, which includes the single player stuff at least.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailer; Preorders
4. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailer; Preorders Apr 27, 2018, 16:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

I enjoyed the reboot and the sequel, and I'll probably pick this up once it gets to $9.99 or so, just like I did for the first two.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2018, 16:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 10:49:
Good job, Epic. You're truly doing the Lord's work here.

That short title sounds terrible, but in this instance everybody should read up on the situation. The kid was already banned like 14 times, and he runs Youtube/Twitch channels that promote cheats for Fortnite. Assuming he's getting ad money from Youtube, he's actually making money off of promoting those cheats too.

Epic has to sue, even though he's a 14 year old, because he's also a piece of shit.

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > PC Building Simulator Builds Real Audience
12. Re: PC Building Simulator Builds Real Audience Apr 26, 2018, 13:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, this looks boring but it also looks like it could be really useful for people new to PC building. Surely that sort of mental fence sitting didn't lead to 100,000 people buying the game?

jdreyer -> you're right, this is the epitome of meta right now, and can probably only be topped by a VR simulation game of a guy sitting at his PC playing games like this.

News Comments > Dreadnought Adds Conquest Mode
1. Re: Dreadnought Adds Conquest Mode Apr 26, 2018, 13:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Anybody on Blues playing this game at all? It certainly looks cool, but it's also basically small team pvp, which turns toxic almost immediately, soo....

9. Re: Ars confronting confused children with 1980s technology Apr 26, 2018, 12:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell, that's the record player they are going to use? I didn't even recognize that thing at first. I had, you know, a real record player in the 80s, not that piece of shit.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Released
5. Re: BATTLETECH Released Apr 24, 2018, 22:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, dammit. Yet another game I'm going to have to get. The Queue always wins.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC Detailed
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC Detailed Apr 24, 2018, 22:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm wrapping up my last playthrough of PoEt 1 now, with an utterly beastly Ranger setup.

The real question for me now is, May 8th; Rogue Team, Ranger Team, or Tank Chanter Team? Those are probably my three most enjoyable characters. Rogue is apparently the 'weakest' class currently in the PoEt 2 beta, but who knows how that'll play out on release day, plus that weakness is relative anyway. I suspect any class setup can finish the game without issues.

The Watcher is probably best, story wise, as a Cipher, but I don't find that class to be that entertaining. Stun, Disintegrate, shotguns, repeat. Zzzz.

I'll probably start 3 games in Pillars 2 and pick one to complete the game with after getting a real feel for the game and earning a few levels in each class.

*EDIT* I'm not sure if they started out that way, but under the current PoEt 1 patch, Druids are uterly ridiculous casters... I may end up just doing a Druid to steamroll the first game. Choices, choices...

News Comments > Destiny 2 Warmind Details
2. Re: Destiny 2 Warmind Details Apr 24, 2018, 22:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

heroin wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 21:51:
lol, crickets....

Well, this game looks great, and feels like it should be a lot better, but I got it included with a video card and can't even be bothered to finish the campaign. It's just boring.

Other games have much more interesting shooting mechanics and/or movement, and while some of the voice acting is great, the writing is pretty boilerplate generic wannabe sci-fi stuff. Too much console focus on gameplay? I don't know what exactly they messed up but they definitely threw a wrench in there somewhere.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Content Updates End Soon
6. Re: Battlefield 1 Content Updates End Soon Apr 24, 2018, 13:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I've been meaning to uninstall BF1 anyway, I haven't played in like 3 weeks, and it takes up like 90gigs or something ridiculous like that.

I may be tired with the Battlefield format in general.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC Detailed
2. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC Detailed Apr 24, 2018, 12:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 12:00:
All three this year? OK. Cut content confirmed.

Well, most studios seem to be putting people onto the DLC teams as the main game is being finished up, these days. Was some content cut from the main game due to time/budget constraints? Probably.

At the same time, it's Obsidian, so some/all of the DLCs might get delayed until 2019, will that make you feel better about this?

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini Warlords 2.0
1. Re: Starpoint Gemini Warlords 2.0 Apr 24, 2018, 02:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice, but when is this coming to the GoG version?

News Comments > GOG.com Profiles
3. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 23, 2018, 14:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Love Gog, and I'll be turning any and all data sharing off immediately.  

News Comments > DOOM Movie Reboot
21. Re: DOOM Movie Reboot Apr 21, 2018, 16:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, good luck to them, but somehow I suspect this movie will turn out to be borderline terrible.

Now that you mention it though, it may be time to replay the most recent Doom game. I just finished Prey, and did that pretty stealthily almost the entire way through... really feeling the urge to just chaingun/rocket launcher everything in sight in a game.

6. Re: Mutts Apr 20, 2018, 12:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

There are no purebred dogs, there are only inbred dogs and non-inbred dogs.

Why people want dogs with orders of magnitude higher genetic recessive disorders and/or debilitating physical defects(Pugs, Chihuahuas, English bulldogs, Korgis, etc.) I'll never know.

4085 Comments. 205 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo