Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3136 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Dunkirk Trailer Dec 16, 2016, 17:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

That... looks like it'll be one of the most depressing war movies since probably Casualties of War.

Soldiers packed together, getting strafed for 2 hours... sheesh.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 16, 2016, 17:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Acleacius wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 17:43:
Playing backlog and just thought I would mention it. Did anyone else find Survivalist really good Zombie RPG for under $5 US (sale price seems to be $2.49 US) I'm pleasantly surprised after an hour or two and I haven't even tried CooP yet. FYI, fast action, Top Down, with up to 3 other NPCs or players (CooP) I'm guessing. There base building and management, also an actual story. There's also actual Cause and Effect, Factions and Quests.

That actually looks pretty interesting...also that upper right window in game, with closeups, I swear the first Terminator PC game had that, back in the day, with its terrible blocky graphics. I'm not sure useful that window is, with the speed of the game, but it's not the worst feature I've ever seen.

That game looks like they should have sold it for more than 5 bucks, there's a lot of stuff going on. To the Steam Sale list it goes.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 8 Ends Soon
1. Re: Diablo III Season 8 Ends Soon Dec 16, 2016, 17:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

*crickets.*

News Comments > Dead by Daylight Free Weekend
1. Re: Dead by Daylight Free Weekend Dec 16, 2016, 14:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

On the one hand, the premise of this game seems interesting. On the other hand, sounds like this is the ultimate griefing bullshit game, anybody with some actual experience playing it?

Why don't I just download it, you ask? Well, like most people under an ISP monopoly, I currently have a data cap.

News Comments > Space Engineers Beta Begins
6. Re: Space Engineers Beta Begins Dec 16, 2016, 02:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy FUCK, rofl! This game finally entered beta!? Wow, Early Access titles...

I've installed and played this a couple of times; clearly I have not been keeping up to date on this game, I thought it went into beta like 2 years ago.

Actually, I have more than a few of these perpetual development games in my Steam account:

Space Engineers(ran it enough to see if it was playable, it is)

From the Depths(barely scratched the surface)

Call to Arms(Men of War Dev...but then they made the game F2P...)

Besiege(Already awesome, take your time)

Interstellar Marines(pretty sure the devs gave up)

Road Redemption(Already awesome, so I don't mind too much)

Note to self, stop buying into Perpetual Early Access games.

*EDIT* Corrections.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2016, 02:45.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2016, 22:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

sauron wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 14:43:

The "What Undead Creature Are You" Test

Hint: I'm a Lich.

Wtf, I scored as a Lich also, clearly I should be more of an ambushing vampire/ghast(classical) type. Biased test!

News Comments > Graywalkers: Purgatory Next Year
13. Re: Graywalkers: Purgatory Next Year Dec 15, 2016, 22:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

I downloaded and played through the 64bit windows combat demo, from your link, Entropy.

It's looking really good for pre-alpha! I thought the music was enjoyable, the character models are clean and distinguishable, although some of the soldiers seem to be carrying weapons that don't yet exist in their inventory of course. Combat system seems good so far, although personally I'd like the option for parties larger than 6, I know that sort of large party management sometimes bugs some people, so if you keep it at 6, I'll get by.

Classes seem interesting so far, although I'm not sure what exactly the Agent brings to the table in that Demo. Also the melee Rogue and even the tank seemed pretty fragile. Still, that's just a balancing/numbers game later on, the core concept seems really good.

I'll get in on your crowdfunding thing for at least the price of one copy, tonight or tomorrow.

Good luck!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Yahoo Hack... Dec 15, 2016, 03:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sheesh, 1 Billion users? There are that many people with Yahoo accounts?

More like many dummy accounts, but still, are there any accounts that weren't hacked?

Time to get all the old people I know still using Yahoo off that platform, damn.

11. Re: Graywalkers: Purgatory Next Year Dec 15, 2016, 03:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Entropy, check your quotes, you misattributed me twice, instead of grudgebearer and Cutter, respectively.

I watched the video on your Kickstarter page, looks promising. Not sure if that's a mockup video or the actual Alpha, but I like the direction you're going even if it is just a mockup.

Also, didn't realize any Bluesnewsians were involved, hope your game turns out awsome, good luck!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 17:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

mellis wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 16:10:

Ironically, the very best representation of Star Wars since Episodes 4,5 and 6 comes from EA in the form of their Knights of the Old Republic MMORPG CGI trailers.

Seriously... the KotR trailers are so awesome, (I want to say it's Blur studios who actually does those, not Bioware) I would love some full length movies by those guys.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 17:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

DangerDog wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 16:27:
Other than OMG STAR WARS!!!

I don't really see the point of this movie, with all the Star Wars novels they could have picked from they decided to make one about stealing the death star plans?

Not enough 'member berries' in the world to bring back the "feels" of '79 Star Wars.

What about the '77 Star Wars?

As far as the movie plot, yes, there were a ton of Extended Universe or whatever it's called now novels that could have been used, same goes for Force Awakens. By far the weakest aspect was its recycled plot, which still pisses me off, considering how good the acting was for the most part, and the effects/music/etc.

Still, I am required by law to see Rogue One, so I'll try to stay objective going in.

7. Re: Graywalkers: Purgatory Next Year Dec 14, 2016, 12:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Re-read the last line of my previous post, Cutter. I mentioned Tactical games on purpose.

More on topic: Looking for some at least alpha footage of this game.

News Comments > Sniper Elite 4 Hitler Preorder Bonus
7. Re: Sniper Elite 4 Hitler Preorder Bonus Dec 14, 2016, 01:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Don't forget the Sniper Elite spinoff, the Zombie Army Trilogy, where you kill...zombie hitler! Seriously, I played through it, and it wasn't bad.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Patch Tomorrow
11. Re: Battlefield 1 Patch Tomorrow Dec 13, 2016, 18:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell, I played 4-5 rounds of this, random selection of classes/vehicles... I thought I was imagining it, or had a lag issue, when I hit a plane(bomber?) with a tank shell and it just flew off.

50% decrease in damage from the tank gun against aircraft doesn't make any sense.

It felt like LMGs overall were a lot stronger, but I'm not sure that just isn't from not instantly dying from 20 yards away to a shotgun anymore. I was hitting people at 100+ meters with the BAR and killing them a fair amount, feels like damage dropoff is a lot more generous now.

Didn't snipe at all, too busy playing useful roles on the team.

BAR seems like it got even better this patch, but the patch notes don't list much of a buff at all.

Also seemed like even fewer medics bothering to revive or even drop health packs, but that could just be random sampling.

Overall, good patch, aside from reducing damage to aircraft from tank main guns.

*EDIT* Also, forgot to mention, the new map, Giant's Shadow, is a bit of a sniper's paradise on Conquest Large. Multiple large open plains, on either side of the downed airship, with only minor bumps/trenches to get cover in. Luckily there were no top level scouts around in the rounds I played on it, so it wasn't much of an issue. Pretty fun map though.

Reducing the amount of Insta-heal on the Heavy tank should alleviate some of the whining about tanks, but we'll see.

5. Re: Graywalkers: Purgatory Next Year Dec 13, 2016, 18:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 16:24:
grudgebearer wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 11:37:
Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 11:28:
Sounds interesting enough but it's a mistake forcing the player into a role. That's the entire point of an RPG, let the player decide what role he'll play. I certainly don't want to be "the one" and have no desire to "save humanity". I'd much rather go the other way.

Not sure how I missed the Kickstarter for this...

Meh, in most RPGs you are "the one" in some way. Skyrim, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Wasteland II. If it's story-driven at all that's pretty much a given.

Yeah, but that's what rocks about Fallout. You're under zero obligation to help anyone. You can be the biggest penis in the Wasteland if that's what you want to do. You can be a douche in Skyrim too - or at least pick sides. I don't like RPGs where I'm put into a pre-defined role. That's just an adventure game, not a RPG, IMO.

Witcher series... you are Geralt, and no one else. Devil's Advocate argument: are those not RPGs, arguably great RPGs?

That said, based on the description, this sounds way less rpg and more Tactical Squad based Combat game, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Jagged Alliance, Silent Storm, X-Com, XCOM, etc. are all awesome.

News Comments > Sudden Strike 4 Trailer
1. Re: Sudden Strike 4 Trailer Dec 13, 2016, 13:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks awesome, reminds me a lot of Men of War series, in a good way. I've never played any of the Sudden Strikes...but none of them are on Steam or Gog?

Added this to the Steam wishlist.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Dec 12, 2016, 21:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

National soundcheck day? Sounds like bullshit.

I only observe May 4th.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 11, 2016, 23:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 17:28:
*jdreyer goes to buy Age of Mythology: EE, finds it's already in his Steam library *

Between Steam, Gog, Gamersgate, Origin, Humble(standalones), etc.

I have to do a bit of backtracking/research before I buy anything minor these days. Major titles are easier to remember.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2016, 16:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

I read the article, and an addict is an addict. It doesn't matter if it's video games or drugs or sex or religion, many people, arguably most people, struggle with control when it comes to one or more activities that bring pleasure.

This article seems a bit unfair in that aspect, the main subject had psychological counseling starting at age 6, diagnosed ADD, etc. video games could have just as easily been replaced by almost any addictive substance/hobby.

"Moderation in all things." -Supposedly Ralph Waldo Emerson, but you know how quotes on the internet are.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 9, 2016, 12:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Got the Deponia games separately for MUCH less than the "Complete Deponia" experience, although I understand that combined version has a bit of added functionality.

Too many good sales across Gog, Gamersgate, etc. already, and Steam hasn't even gotten into their full winter sale yet. The queue cannot be conquered.

3136 Comments. 157 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo