Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2916 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Dawn of War III Eldar Preview
1. Re: Dawn of War III Eldar Preview Sep 24, 2016, 17:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Accursed Eldar. They and all other xenos will die by the Emperor's will!

Please don't end up terrible, DoW3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia III Trailer
1. Re: Mafia III Trailer Sep 24, 2016, 17:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looking pretty good, looking pretty good. Not looking full price day one good, but I'll definitely get this at some point.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 24, 2016, 15:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 23:37:
I have some real doubts whether this is morally justified btw. As a KS project the models ought to belong to the Kickstarters no?

No way, I mean I understand where you're coming from, but in no way do any Kickstarter contributors own any assets or aspects of the finished game at all, except their promised backer reward, ie. a copy of the game, wallpapers, etc.

I have yet to see any Kickstarter project, or any crowdfunding project that indicates backers would literally have some ownership of created assets.

That's the way it should be, too. No one would bother crowd funding if the creators lost control of any part of the finished product...might as well go with a traditional publisher, they'll give you more money and steal everything.

And yeah, the nature of the Wasteland 2 models probably leads to them being a lot easier to resell for use in other games.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 24, 2016, 15:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

BFBC2 was pretty fun, but I think there are some rose-tinted nostalgia glasses in effect here.

BC2 also introduced: extremely low flight ceilings, and massive airborne fog of war to further limit choppers. Also because of map design, Uncap-spawn camping got completely out of hand on a lot of maps.

I can't remember if it was in BF2 also, but the tracking dart was also in BC2, which was arguably one of the worst additions to the Battlefield series, possibly the worst, until they added UCAV in BF4. Some hapless joker shoots your tank or helo with the tracking dart(as you MG his head off), then every no-aim RPG user on his team can lock onto your vehicle even from out of sight. Most annoying thing ever for vehicle players.

That said, I had hundreds of hours into BC2 and overall it was a great game.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 24, 2016, 14:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cheap, well made is good, but that also looks like it has no thumb or pinky finger buttons, ie. not really a gaming mouse.

I need a minimum of 4 buttons + wheel available, and my old brain likes to have at least a few buttons on the left and right sides if at all possible. Spider hand, attack!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 23, 2016, 21:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

A mere $499, for a device that will no doubt be obsolete in a few years. Jump in, early adopters!

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Sep 23, 2016, 19:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rockstar's sale: Save big on everything except the game people actually want, GTA 5.  

News Comments > Void Destroyer 2 Early Access
1. Re: Void Destroyer 2 Early Access Sep 23, 2016, 19:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have Void Destroyer on Steam... I could never really get into it for some reason. Although I remember the original's graphics being a lot more realistic, or at least realistically colored. This is like a 1980's comic book palette.

News Comments > Road Rage Video
4. Re: Road Rage Video Sep 23, 2016, 19:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 12:12:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 11:48:
Wtf, I could have sworn Road Rage was a trademarked game name by EA still.

This looks okay, but I'll probably stick with Road Redemption, to be honest.

Road Rash.

Oh yeah, right, right. Well it's only been like 25 years or so.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 23, 2016, 11:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting. I enjoyed Wasteland 2 quite a bit, and plan on going through the director's cut/enhanced edition or whatever when the queue clears up a bit, but I would not say their 3d models were the strong point of that game.

Functional, acceptable, somewhat generic, come to mind.

News Comments > Road Rage Video
1. Re: Road Rage Video Sep 23, 2016, 11:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, I could have sworn Road Rage was a trademarked game name by EA still.

This looks okay, but I'll probably stick with Road Redemption, to be honest.

News Comments > In Fear I Trust Released
1. Re: In Fear I Trust Released Sep 22, 2016, 23:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

oh, 1c company, you published one of my favorite games of all time, Silent Storm, and then it's been pretty much all downhill from there.

News Comments > Tyranny Video Diary
11. Re: Tyranny Video Diary Sep 22, 2016, 21:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 21:21:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 15:27:
Also, Jon Irenicus was Chaotic Good, never forget! (Baldur's Gate 2 villain, if you are a heretic who never played it. )

No, he really wasn't

Pre-patch, pre backpedal, he was Chaotic Good!! "Oh, our mistake, clearly he was meant to be evil, hrmph harrumph" - Bioware, circa 2001

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 22, 2016, 21:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 21:54:
"We're going in with first wave. Means more bugs for us to kill."

Would you like to know more?

Ah, Starship Troopers, one of the greatest 'bad' movies ever. Also Denise Richards at arguably her hottest. *sheds tear*

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2016, 15:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

That ship elevator is impressive as hell, but WTF? Technology for moving ships vertically exists in a much safer, far less catastrophic failure-prone form, with the classic lock setup that has been around for about... 120 years? No chains to break and send a thousand tons of ship crashing in to the side of the elevator, etc.

Upstate NY has a canal and lock system, I have to assume it extends into Canada and further south as well, that can move ships at least as big as that one. Obviously, more space is involved horizontally, but they have yet to drop a ship from 50 feet because a chain got rusty.

Good luck with that, China. We know it was partially a publicity stunt.

People make the (on point) jokes about Idiocracy all the time, but you have to realize, we are WAY, WAY past that point now, in the wrong direction. At least in Idiocracy, the smartest people are valued, and chosen to run the various aspects of the country. We'd be in great shape if we ONLY fell as far as Idiocracy.

News Comments > Tyranny Video Diary
6. Re: Tyranny Video Diary Sep 22, 2016, 15:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm looking forward to this with great anticipation... hopefully they avoid the classic Obsidian curse of massive bugs on release day.

Also, Jon Irenicus was Chaotic Good, never forget! (Baldur's Gate 2 villain, if you are a heretic who never played it. )

Sigh, Thrawn. Just hearing that name instills a bit of dread in me, since he got re-added to the main Star Wars canon. I'm sure he'll get seven shades of messed up however they end up using him, although to be fair, timeline-wise, it's unlikely he'll be in any main movie at this point.

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name
11. Re: Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name Sep 21, 2016, 21:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, old school Blizzard is long gone. Even the relatively new school Blizzard seems to have left the building, now they are just some social media oriented casual game-making has beens. I'm sure this will make them billions, just not from our generation of gamers.

I still had Diablo 3 installed on the laptop, in case they ever came to their senses... might as well go ahead and just remove the last traces of Blizzard software from my computers at this point.

Goodbye, Blizzard. You were great, once.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re:Table Tennis Humor... Sep 21, 2016, 14:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

That ping pong video is hilarious, also takkyuu geinin is clearly a fucking baller of a ping pong player.

Table tennis player reflexes in general seem utterly insane...too bad that sport isn't bigger in the US.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed
9. Re: Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed Sep 20, 2016, 23:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

By Odin's Ravens... look at those map screenshots... gorgeous.

I am getting abnormally pumped for this game... I hope they don't fuck it up too much with release day bugs and other classic EA/DICE issues.

Hypothesis: Ballroom Blitz will be the new Metro, for massive spamming and grinding infantry unlocks. Oh well.

Game modes sound fairly interesting, but no doubt I'll end up spending the vast majority of the time playing Conquest. Most other game modes end up relying too much on not having a team full of random asshats, ignoring objectives completely.

War Pigeons, that mode sounds like it'll be even more of a clusterfuck than Obliteration mode was in BF4, probably in a fun way at first, then the servers will be completely empty in a week.

I'm a little surprised so many of you guys have such fond memories of BC2... BF1942 was where it was at for me. Such a massive change from previous FPS games, so epic, so ridiculous...every BF game afterwards just felt like a bit of a let down in comparison, to me at least.

News Comments > Gears of War 4 NVIDIA Bundles
7. Re: Gears of War 4 NVIDIA Bundles Sep 20, 2016, 15:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Darks wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 11:54:
Figures, I just bought a card no more then 3 weeks ago. Bastards! they should allow anyone with in a months time frame to take advantage of this.

Same, I bought an ASUS 1070 and I got $115 worth of Paragon points, which I can't even give away, nobody seems to be playing that beautiful looking MOBA/TPS or whatever.

*EDIT* Haha, I was going to try to Ebay these, then saw apparently everybody else had the same idea.

2916 Comments. 146 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo