Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3330 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 25, 2017, 23:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Happy Gilmore" may contain one of the greatest characters ever in cinema, Shooter Mcgavin!

"Billy Madison" had arguably the greatest single speech ever given by a minor character, during the debate.

"Airheads" is a classic. "Waterboy?" I love that stupid film. However, much of his more recent comedy work is shite. It happens.

I honestly feel that at this point he does better work in dramatic roles("Men, Women and Children") rather than comedic ones. Not great work, but I think he's just lost the taste for the same old comedic schtick.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access
4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Mar 24, 2017, 19:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, this definitely isn't my genre, but even so this looks pretty boring, 90% of the time. Good luck with this.

News Comments > Prey Trailer
3. Re: Prey Trailer Mar 24, 2017, 19:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sho wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 11:11:
Verno wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 08:52:
Does anyone care about this game? Anyone at all, anywhere?

Some major sunken cost fallacy going on with this game.

Yeah, me? It looks really great so far. Finally another game in the spirit of System Shock and BioShock. I'm up for a good singleplayer FPS.

Same, I'll most likely get this at some point, when I thin out the queue a bit.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 24, 2017, 19:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Without even looking, it had better be the Tardigrade.

*EDIT* It is.

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
5. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 19:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Look on the bright side; no matter how the actual game turns out, this whole experience will end up as a PhD level topic for some psychologist's case study. "Why did so many people continue to give money for no discernable return, for so long?"

News Comments > Vikings Wolves of Midgard Released
1. Re: Vikings Wolves of Midgard Released Mar 24, 2017, 19:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweet, looks pretty good, I'll probably get this at some point, especially if there's a Steam Spring Sale(?) price drop. When the hell is that sale coming anyway, should be pretty soon, right?

*EDIT* Wow, Steam reviews are harsh. Maybe I'll wait a bit. It's tough to make a good ARPG, apparently.

3. Re: Link of the Day Mar 24, 2017, 01:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Remember, entropy always wins, but that doesn't mean you do need to do a shitty job to start, contractors.

News Comments > Afghanistan '11 Released
1. Re: Afghanistan '11 Released Mar 24, 2017, 01:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yep....definitely too soon.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Mar 23, 2017, 22:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hopefully the free weekend brings in some people who can aim and move... some of the pub games I've played recently have been downright embarrassing.

Half the time I end up protecting obvlivious players who don't even headshoot as they nearly get surrounded. FPS skills are at an all time low it seems, based on KF2 and even BF1 pubs.

Fun game though, the new patch is really good, and I finally have all my perks at level 20 plus, so now I can 'relax' and just play everything as the mood strikes me. The OCD urge has slacked off a little.

News Comments > Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3
2. Re: Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3 Mar 23, 2017, 22:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, we're at the time when all of these great developers are going to retire or have already retired, basically. 20+ years of crunch time and feast or famine making games probably wears you out faster than a lot of other jobs.

It looks like The Mage's Tale is an Oculus Touch VR game, probably with a lot of Bard's Tale 4 assets from the screenshots. These guys aren't the only studio getting suckered in to making VR games... hope the regular real games don't suffer. Same thing is happening to Tripwire(Killing Floor 2, Red Orchestra), they are making a KF VR Spinoff game, also Oculus Touch exclusive.

At the very least, make these fucking VR games for ALL the headsets, sheesh.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Australian dash cam Mar 23, 2017, 13:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 11:24:
That was like the ultra-tame version of Russian dash cam owners. Seriously. No shotguns, no crashes, no cursing someone's entire family into the seventh circle of hell, no fist fights?

3 out of 10.

Yeah, but basically drivers suck, worldwide. Humanity somehow can't master paying attention or following safety rules on the road. Automated/AI/Robotic/Whatever drivers can't get here fast enough.

On a lighter note, April 5th for Archer season 8, woohoo!

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 22, 2017, 12:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, the client bullshit is really getting out of hand now.

Steam, Origin, Uplay, Gog Galaxy, and now ... Beamdog.

Steam/Gog literally already house every Beamdog game made thus far.

There must be some vast wealth stream to attack with these clients or something, clearly everybody feels they need to spend a lot of time and resources to make and maintain one.

7. Re: Into the Black Mar 22, 2017, 12:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

For the record, that NASA bill also cuts $500 million from the NASA budget.

The Mars detail seems to gloss over that cut.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
2. Re: Diablo III Patch Mar 22, 2017, 10:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

... this is not yet the patch that will bring me back to D3.

Sounds like some decent Ease of Use changes, several years late maybe, but not bad.

Just allow modding, Blizzard. Then Diablo 3 will explode in usage, and be seen as truly great.

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Leaves Beta
3. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 22, 2017, 10:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Origin seems to work extremely well for me, and from what I hear, they have much better (live) customer support. Haven't tried it myself, though.

Uplay would be fine if it didn't require a dozen updates with UAC every time I tried to launch it, but that sequence of reboots, even if it has only been like 24 hours since the last time I ran it, seems like way too much of a hassle.

I may actually try Gog galaxy now...I've been avoiding it and just using the old Gog Downloader for years.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Adds Free Content
3. Re: Killing Floor 2 Adds Free Content Mar 22, 2017, 08:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rilcon wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 08:31:
Would've really liked the LMG to have a higher RoF, make it feel like RO's MG 42; stream of lead (with the goodbye-ammo downside). As it is I don't think it really adds that much, with the P90 seems superior for the same usecases.

Well, it's a Commando perk weapon, so vs P90 it is superior for Commando hands down in terms of damage/reload. Obviously 9 weight vs ..4?5? is a huge difference, but I found it pretty useful backed up with a SCAR on commando, and pretty fun on Survivalist. I didn't check to see if the Stoner was given crossperk to any other perk though.

Higher rate of fire would have made it a bit too strong, probably, and less nub friendly too. It's brand new though, they may balance patch it later.

I don't think either of the new guns is, or were meant to be, the new 'best' weapons. I think they are just intended as side grades, and for that, they work well.

I hope they add the incendiary MAC10 next, Firebug + crossperk for SWAT.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Adds Free Content
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Adds Free Content Mar 22, 2017, 07:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

I've only played the non-Holdout map so far, but it's pretty fun. The new weapons are nice, they 'feel' great, and the flare mechanic looks like it'll be fun.

The LMG damage is lower than the SCAR, for commando, but it's an excellent trash hose/headshot machine.

I'll try the Holdout game mode tonight, hopefully.

Nice work, Tripwire.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 21, 2017, 07:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 22:17:
Okay so if I'm a terrorist and I want to hijack a plane with my laptop during the flight I have to fly to France *first* and then on to America. Got it.

Stop thinking critically! Look, enjoy these breads and circuses, there there now.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 20, 2017, 17:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dev wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 15:26:
Also, how can Oxygen Not Included be #6 and have zero reviews on steam??

The sarcastic side of me wants to say: "because the game is so good, they cannot stop playing long enough to write a review!"

More likely, many people bought it on the strength of Don't Starve(their previous game) and since it's Alpha still, haven't even bothered to install/play it yet, and then whatever percentage of those that would actually take the time to write a review is lost.

Or since it's alpha, maybe there is a lock on Steam reviews? The discussion forum for the game is also empty aside from Developer posts.

It looks pretty interesting, I'm tempted to buy it once it hits retail release.

*EDIT* Whoops, since when does the steam discussion default to Announcements/News? The general discussion portion for Oxygen has plenty of comments/posts.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2017, 13:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Shut. The Fuck. Up.

Don't try to bring libertarian bullshit into video games, ugh.

Libertarianism is about as realistic as communism. Great idea, unfortunately humans will just fuck it up.

Actually, I guess that is an extremely valid connection to open world games, then, especially MMOs.

3330 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo