Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2732 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 6
4. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 6 Jun 20, 2016, 21:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 20:43:
How the fuck is a video (Death Stranding) even on a top 10 list?
It IS A GAMES LIST RIGHT?

Uh, invisible oil babies, dead whales, floating aliens/robots/whatevers, glistening buttocks, why haven't you already pre-ordered?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 6
3. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 6 Jun 20, 2016, 21:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, that Polygon article made me actually take a closer look at Resident Evil 7(which I had utterly ignored as the past couple put me to sleep) and it looks like it may end up being pretty good.

Dammit, yet another game to add to the queue.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 20, 2016, 21:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yet another example of how people REALLY shouldn't put a lot of money into any crowdfunding project, or really ANY money at all. It's not a preorder, it's a donation to strangers.

Disclaimer: I have put 15-25 dollars into Pillars of Eternity, Grim Dawn, and a couple other Kickstarters.

Sometimes that bum really will just use your money to buy some alcohol.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: longest day/night Jun 20, 2016, 21:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

PHJF wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 11:19:
Man, last I had heard Westworld was on hold or something. Looks like one of the more ambitious projects for television, even by HBO standards.

I hate to say it, but that trailer has me amped up for HBO's remake of Westworld. Ed Harris is an excellent choice, assuming he's taking over Yul Brynner's character. Normally I'd be up in arms for somebody to try to redo such a classic, but based on HBO's pretty high quality work, they may be able to do it justice.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jun 20, 2016, 21:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 13:29:

Except this film is really only successful in China, where it had a lot going for it.

In other territories, particularly the US, it's an absolute bomb.

That kind of is the definition of film success now; there are almost 2 billion potential movie goers in China... most blockbusters target Chinese audiences at least partially. I can't wait for Hollywood to realize how big the Indian market is(another 1+ billion) and start adding Bollywood style dance numbers to every movie.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 20, 2016, 21:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

BitWraith wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 16:23:
Yeah I thought the movie was OK. Wasn't amazing. Wasn't horrible.

If you're a fan of crap 80s fantasy movies like Krull etc, there is something in Warcraft to appreciate.

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not bring the American Classic Krull into this.

Krull, Ice Pirates, Time Bandits, the 80s had a ton of awesomely bad movies.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 20, 2016, 21:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

PoEt 60% off, now's your chance to gift out a few copies, Cutter and other major PoEt fans.

Disclaimer: I borderline loved PoEt; hopefully PoEt 2 will be the greatest rpg of this era.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Martyr Videos
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Martyr Videos Jun 20, 2016, 21:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, they are REALLY exploiting the Warhammer licenses now, aren't they? There are probably a dozen Warhammer or 40k or whatever games either recently released or already revealed at this point.

Of course I am part of the problem, I've bought my fare share.

This looks like a pretty terrible ARPG though, based on this alpha footage. Slow and plodding. Hopefully they work on the speed a bit as time goes on.

*EDIT* wtf, beaten by ONE minute by Tipsy.

News Comments > Screeps Early Access
3. Re: Screeps Early Access Jun 20, 2016, 18:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

"And, unlike other MMO, you do not have to play Screeps constantly to play well. It is quite enough just to check once in a while to see if everything goes well. "

Haha! A more game-oriented version of Progression Quest!

That said, this is pretty interesting, I'm tempted to get it, if only to see how rusty I am.

Seems like a more abstract version of Dwarf Fortress, in a good way.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: HBO apologizes for HBO Now not being available during Game of Thrones Jun 20, 2016, 18:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 18:08:
MajorD wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 17:46:
Last night's GoT episode was pretty damn good, with such a gratifying ending.

Sad Only one more episode left in this season.

I think it was one of the best episodes of the entire series...I was ready to rewatch it the moment it was over.

Fantastic episode...

Really? Apparently I was the only one pissed off at a certain someone running in a damn straight line for like 200 yards while somebody was shooting at him with a bow. Zig zag a little!

Also, if they had just waited like 15 minutes, a certain group would have showed up and there would be thousands more people alive.

Aside from that, I've enjoyed this season a lot, especially since it's past the books and it's all new to me.

News Comments > Different Steam Top 10
19. Re: Different Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2016, 18:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 15:04:
I want to have a serious discussion:

Why are people obsessed with Halflife 3?

as I remember it, Half life 1 was a great game, i remember lots about it having been like 17 years later.

Half life 2 was extremely forgettable, i can't remember really anything except for the horrible hovercraft levels being annoying.

I can't actually think of anything that half life 2 did that half life 1 didn't destroy it in... Like what made half life 1 better, in my opinion, was the mods that were basically ported straight out of quake into it. Like Team Fortress Classic, Natural Selection..

So why do people want half life 3 so badly?

Random astro-turf straw man post against Halflife 3. -> Halflife 3 confirmed.

Just kidding of course; I'd be interested in HL3 if it actually came out, but it's definitely WAY past the time it'd be able to have any sort of real impact on PC gaming.

News Comments > Battlefield One Gameplay Video
13. Re: Battlefield One Gameplay Video Jun 18, 2016, 14:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Here's another video of BF1 gameplay, Sniper/Bayonet gameplay in particular, by Jackfrags on youtube.

The bayonet charge looks and sounds hilarious, but most likely overpowered right now. Even after some nerfs it'll be a riot to see like 10 people screaming and charging with bayonets though.

News Comments > Battlefield One Gameplay Video
3. Re: Battlefield One Gameplay Video Jun 17, 2016, 22:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

I love how the graphics look, the sound seems amazing even in this somewhat crappy Levelcap video, but I think a lot of these weapons and ancient tanks etc. will be extremely aggravating to people coming from BF4 or Hardline.

Still interested, but it seems like any halfway competent tank player will utterly dominate. Self Repair from inside?! Haha! (around the 28 min mark? he repairs his own tank from inside, not exposed to infantry fire). 2 Shotting armored cars, 1 shotting players, some sort of gas grenade... that light tank is a beast. No counters from biplanes either, with their highly inaccurate bombing. It'll be interesting to see how the game turns out, balance wise.

News Comments > Space Run Galaxy Launches
1. Re: Space Run Galaxy Launches Jun 17, 2016, 16:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweet. Pre-ordered this last week, I'll try it out tonight. The first one was actually really good, and I swear I read somewhere this game and the original were made by basically 1 person(not counting voice work etc.)? Congrats if that's really the case.

News Comments > New Battle.net Authenticator
7. Re: New Battle.net Authenticator Jun 16, 2016, 19:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Pfft, Blizzard's authenticators. Just use WinAuth if you want to add two-step security.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Jun 16, 2016, 19:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sheesh, talk about bad timing. The game is probably in its WORST state that it has been in the entire Early Access period... the new damage resistance system has basically ruined the game in my opinion. Hopefully they roll that back or drastically reduce the amount of defenses added to trash monsters.

Good luck, Tripwire.

News Comments > The Surge Trailer
2. Re: The Surge Trailer Jun 16, 2016, 13:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks somewhat interesting, although you really can't glean too much from this trailer.

Yet another game to put on the 'Possibles' list.

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
22. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 13:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

"steamleft.com"

2559 continuous hours
106 days,15 hours,58 minutes

Ouch. Also I have quite a bit of stuff left on gog.com as well.

Although that number isn't entirely accurate, I'm probably 50-60% through my Steam games list. Maybe.

Shit, I better start buying more stuff!

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
1. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 11:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

The 23rd? Halflife 3 confirmed.

News Comments > Phoenix Point Details
5. Re: Phoenix Point Details Jun 15, 2016, 22:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the shit... so many games announced recently that sound like they will be utterly awesome... I can already see I am going to be SOOOO disappointed at some point in the (near)future.

I hope this turns out great though.

2732 Comments. 137 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo