Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2589 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 4, 2016, 08:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 20:04:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 18:07:
Starpoint Gemini 2 is on sale for $7. Anyone play it? Supposedly Freelancer-ish.

I got it, it's extremely simple and you'll get bored. The base game has a good foundation but not enough work has been put into the game to make it interesting. No one really has committed to building a space game with lots of interesting things to do sadly.

Basically this, at least so far. I bought it during this sale also, and so far I'm not overly impressed. Not too much time into it yet though, to be fair.

I'm starting to think I should just declare a moratorium on buying new games for a year or so, and just burn through the Steam/Gog backlog... keep getting underwhelmed when I break down and buy something recently.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 3, 2016, 09:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, those clips show some great plays... I've pretty much lost the taste for CS these days as far as playing, but it still produces great clips.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Next Month
9. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 1, 2016, 20:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Already uninstalled D3. Seasons had no appeal to me, and there are simply so many other things to play.

Grim Dawn is more interesting than D3's set based itemization and endless grinding for microscopic improvements, as far as ARPGs go.

I'd probably check out another D3 expansion, but it'd have to be amazing to get me to come back to Diablo at this point.

News Comments > Battleborn System Specs
2. Re: Battleborn System Specs Mar 30, 2016, 12:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not that interested in this game anyway, but:

[i"There will not be support for either 4K or off-sized displays at launch, though we’re actively investigating both."

Does this mean they won't even support my classic 1920x1200 monitor!?

Or just no multi-monitor setups?

Pfft, vanilla 1920x1080.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 29, 2016, 21:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 20:57:
Is call to arms any good? Looks like a mod for men of war.

It's... ok right now, I have faith the Men of War guys working on it will get it up to snuff, eventually.

For $6.24 it's easily worth it, although of course it's not finished yet.

I guess I'd say it depends on how much you liked MoW:AS2... it has potential to be better, but right now it's not, and there are currently some weird design choices in the game, but they are getting a ton of negative feedback about those, so I expect them to get resolved before the game goes live.

News Comments > DOOM Beta Keys
1. Re: DOOM Beta Keys Mar 29, 2016, 13:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh... I'd like a beta key, but to have to set foot into a retail store, let alone a Gamestop...

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2016, 20:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Haha, classic 'sales' tactic. Also, that electronics store is going out of business!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 24, 2016, 02:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

I've been following this case a bit, and it's completely infuriating that she lost her job. She had better win the lawsuit against the school district at the very least. In any other occupation there would be no question that she is the victim; she is the one who had her privacy violated.

Come on, America.

News Comments > Day of the Tentacle Remastered Released
10. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remastered Released Mar 22, 2016, 15:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Probably going to buy this, never got around to playing DotT when it was originally released, always heard good things about it.

Wishlisted.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 19, 2016, 11:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, Star Citizen. It's been said before, but there is no damned way anyone is going to get their money's worth out of that game if they've been buying all of these ships pre-release.

I am starting to become embarrassed to even be witnessing this debacle.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse<br> Thanks {ant}.</p> <ul> <li> <a href= Mar 19, 2016, 11:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yep, appears to be a typo in there, Blue.

News Comments > X-COM Creator Gollop Teases Tactical Combat Gamez
2. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 11:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten all about that Kickstarter one:

Chaos Reborn

I'm tempted to buy it since it appears to be on sale right now too. **Whoops, primarily a multiplayer game, curses.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 17, 2016, 11:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, sounds like an extremely shitty player community for DayZ and the other mentioned games.

I'd ask what the hell is wrong with people, but there's plenty of evidence all over tv and the internet these days showing exactly what that is.

News Comments > The Witcher III GDC GotY
6. Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY Mar 17, 2016, 11:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 11:06:
Fuckin' A, man. For a moment I really thought that this would be the announcement of the GOTY or Enhanced Edition. More waiting... *sigh*

Same. Oh well, tons of games in the queue in the meantime.

Also, Darkest Dungeon got robbed, not even a video or audio award? Ridiculous! Even if the gameplay is a grind, arguably the best art design of any of last year's indie games, aside from possibly Oni and the Blind Forest.

I am tempted to buy Her Story now after the awards, but it still looks like an old school video clip game, aka extremely boring with zero replayability.

News Comments > Tyranny Announced
30. Re: Tyranny Announced Mar 16, 2016, 17:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 09:23:
More screenshots here...

Looks pretty sweet; I've loved PoEt and their past games, so another universe for Obsidian to play with is always welcome.

Still, it's so early(in their release of information) that there is no telling how this game will actually end up. Nice job keeping it completely under wraps, if it's close enough to being done for a 2016 release.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 14, 2016, 09:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, sounds like shitty port work to the PS4. This game is great, but it's hardly something that should challenge any halfway decent comp or the consoles.

BROFORCE!

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Beta; Video
6. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Beta; Video Mar 12, 2016, 16:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks fucking great... now when does the other shoe drop?

Surely something will go terribly wrong with the release or design of this game, ruining what looks like a really fun gametype.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Mar 10, 2016, 23:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bioware hasn't been Bioware since basically right after they released Dragon Age:Origins.

Still, a lot of those guys have gotta be getting pretty old and tired of it all at this point, it might not be a sign of the utter collapse of the company.

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
34. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 22:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks halfway decent. Probably only going to play it for single player though, unless the MP ends up being ridiculously good.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 10, 2016, 22:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 21:21:
RoboNerd wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 19:32:
Marvel just jumped the shark... Brood

What do you mean just? Man, I miss the days when comics were good.

There are still good comics, just not Marvel or DC's endless series with endless reboots.

I'll most likely see this movie, but they are simply cramming too many characters in at this point to be able to do anything worthwhile in 2 hours.

2589 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo