Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4307 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Nov 2, 2018, 20:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Stay classy, baseball fans.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed
1. Re: Battlefield V Multiplayer Maps Detailed Nov 2, 2018, 20:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

We've talked about the positives and negatives of BFV and the Battlefield series in general on here ad nauseam, but wow, this game does look gorgeous. I'm getting a little hyped up, even though the open beta didn't impress me a great deal.  

News Comments > Warcraft III: Reforged Announced
6. Re: Warcraft III: Reforged Announced Nov 2, 2018, 20:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

mellis wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 19:25:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 19:18:
Hrm, no Night Elves in that footage, but I assume they just weren't ready yet for this video.

War3 is easily one of my favorite RTS games, all time. Well played, Blizzard, attacking my generation's nostalgia yet again.

$29.99 though... I don't know, I can still play the original War3... I'll have to think about it. Definitely at a sale price though.

Total Annihilation was (and still is) better. The single player campaign was pretty awful though, except Core Contingency which was pretty good.

Total Annihilation is indeed awesome, but in terms of multiplayer balance, it was a bit of a shit show. Talk about a game with some overpowered units, wow. Fun for sure, but not balanced. One of the most engrossing skirmish games ever though, at least in my opinion. I spent hundreds of hours on building massive bases, and the end game gun emplacements were so fun in that game.

1. Re: Into the Black Nov 2, 2018, 19:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

True Detective Season 3...please be awesome.  

News Comments > Warcraft III: Reforged Announced
1. Re: Warcraft III: Reforged Announced Nov 2, 2018, 19:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, no Night Elves in that footage, but I assume they just weren't ready yet for this video.

War3 is easily one of my favorite RTS games, all time. Well played, Blizzard, attacking my generation's nostalgia yet again.

$29.99 though... I don't know, I can still play the original War3... I'll have to think about it. Definitely at a sale price though.

News Comments > Mutant Football League: Dynasty Released
1. Re: Mutant Football League: Dynasty Released Nov 2, 2018, 09:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Anybody have this? I loved Mutant League Football(or whatever the name was, Mutant Football League?) back on Sega Genesis, and this is reasonably well reviewed on Steam etc. Only issue seems to be some people feel the AI isn't that great.

I might just roll the dice anyway, looks like they haven't abandoned this game and are continuing to work on it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Soyuz Rocket Failure Nov 1, 2018, 11:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

To be fair, the rocket failed, but their emergency escape system functioned FLAWLESSLY. That really is an engineering triumph in and of itself.

The video shows how high up they were when they failed, the ship is just starting to turn over and you get a glimpse of space in the upper left portion of the view.

Still, work a little harder on that rocket QA.

News Comments > Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Trailer
1. Re: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Trailer Nov 1, 2018, 10:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

I love me some turn based squad based strategy, especially with sick art like this, but surely you get more team members at some point? Three people ONLY is going to really limit your tactics.

News Comments > Another Sunset Overdrive PC Listing
2. Re: Another Sunset Overdrive PC Listing Nov 1, 2018, 10:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks interesting(videos from other sources obviously), assuming it has some online coop. But Xbox1... is it going to be some sort of MS store exclusive Windows 10 exclusive thing?

News Comments > Orphan Finds a Home
2. Re: Orphan Finds a Home Oct 31, 2018, 12:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Initially I thought this was another game by Playdead, who did Limbo and Inside (both excellent sidescrolling horror/suspense games), but no, just another studio heavy on the homage, it seems.

Looks good, apparently some bugs though, based on the Steam forums.

To the medium-long term wishlist you go!

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Video
2. Re: Anthem Gameplay Video Oct 28, 2018, 15:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Agreed, looking good, well on the way to worthy of a buy for Co-op PVE.

Borderlands style damage numbers popping up don't bug me, I'd rather have some sort of feedback than almost none, just for ease of use reasons.

These armor suits remind me, I should go back and play Destiny 2 a bit, see if it's improved enough to spend some real time on.

News Comments > Pathfinder: Kingmaker Gets Free Bloody Mess DLC
6. Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Gets Free Bloody Mess DLC Oct 27, 2018, 11:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 05:49:

Everything in this game seems like it was implemented with zero thought spent how it interacts with kingdom mode, you can really REALLY tell this was a late kickstarter funding goal "perk" that they unlocked and obviously never really had planned to implement from the ground up.

Honestly, the game became much more enjoyable when you disabled that part. Though you can mod the times for events to be 1 day.. except this actually breaks the game, it seems every event you complete counts as a negative to your stability.

Yes, there's a fair amount of detachment between the game portions. I didn't keep a close eye on the kickstarter/fig progress, but if the kingdom thing was a stretch goal, they certainly TRIED hard, but yes the mesh with the adventuring portion needs some long term work.

Events... first of all they do repeat, and yes, some are either bugged or setup to still give you a minor negative if you do win. I suppose they give a larger negative if you lose, or maybe the 'wrong' advisor was chosen? I don't get it for some of the events, honestly.

Still, you can overcome the Events/Projects, I am playing full kingdom mode and keeping it together at Serene, as I said. This does cut into my adventuring time for sure, I basically run back to my territory boundary every 4-6 days or so and handle Events, and maybe setup a project that doesn't involve the Baron. TELEPORTATION would make this a lot better, or better yet, some sort of damned messenger system or something.

They bit off a huge chunk of gameplay with this design, but honestly it's fun and crazy and kinda new... I can't think of any squad based RPG with anything near this level of Kingdom management included, even if it's a bit wonky currently. I love it in spite of its flaws.

I am hearing that a LOT of people are just doing automatic kingdom though. Be warned, you are missing out, but at the same time, it'll probably be vastly improved by the time you get around to a second or third playthrough.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 26, 2018, 11:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not the dumbass cop who shot and killed an unarmed man though.

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds Game Currency Ship Purchases
9. Re: Star Citizen Adds Game Currency Ship Purchases Oct 25, 2018, 22:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

NicklePop wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 19:10:
This game will blows minds. Might not be until 2020, but it is coming.

2020? You are beyond optimistic, my friend. Try 2040+

3. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2018, 22:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 19:01:
Animated "Star Trek" Series
Sure as hell can't be any worse than The Orville.

Hey, I kinda like the Orville. Some of the jokes are bad but they have some old school style Star Trek storylines. The first season was passable, and it feels like they can improve.

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Ostfront Veteranen Released
2. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Ostfront Veteranen Released Oct 25, 2018, 21:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

I love MoW:AS2, it's a great game in so many ways.

However, I'm not sure if the company got bought out or something, but the DLCs have been terrible to mediocre at best, and mostly overpriced. This one looks like a German reskin with maybe 1-2 actual new vehicles, and no new campaign or anything. Maybe I'll pick it up on sale? Bleh.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2018, 17:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 16:36:
In "whoa" news a hawk just killed and ate a bird in my backyard. Didn't get a picture of him because he flew away as I came to the window but I did get some snaps of the pile of feathers and the one little leg and chunk of something fleshy he didn't eat. He was a beautiful raptor, not so much for the poor little guy that got all eated up though. Never really occured to me that feeding the birds and other rodents out there I may just be laying out a buffet for birds of prey.

What's a good site to upload the shots to? Is Photobucket or something still a thing? How about allowing jpg uploads or embeds, Blue?

imgur.com ? I think there have to be literally a billion photo jpg/gif/whatever upload sites now, I see a lot of stuff hosted on imgur though. Their policy must be pretty lax, storage space probably plentiful and so forth.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 25, 2018, 10:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fucking dumbass Swedes... ugh. Hopefully they get hacked immediately and get their biometrics stolen, on a small scale, so they realize how stupidly public any RFID type system is.

If you are too stupid to keep track of a keycard, you're too stupid to avoid getting your RFID chip info stolen by determined hackers.

That probably comes across as too harsh, but this is how we ended up with the Internet of Things botnets, and other public menaces; from people too lazy to do things securely and correctly.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 25, 2018, 10:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting moral dilemma (my apologies if you were taught to spell it dilemna ! )sure, but the real flaw here is poorly designed roads and crossways in most of the world that urge people to jaywalk in the first place.

Also, I'm not sure a survey of randoms is the best way to to design self driving car logic. How about a self-destructing or road-destructing brake system (for non-occupied transport vehicles only, obviously) that makes the vehicle/truck stop in a much shorter path, so neither group of bystanders or jaywalkers is hit? The universe isn't all binary choices, for fuck's sake. Self driving truck slams on the brakes, computer determines that's not enough deceleration, drives metal rods down into the pavement in the back and middle of the vehicle or something. Engineering has more answers than just kill X or Y groups of people, sheesh.

News Comments > Trine 4 Announced
6. Re: Trine 4 Announced Oct 25, 2018, 10:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Alamar wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 22:37:
So happy they're still in business... They had some financial issues with the development on 3.

Yeah... I swear I remember reading they went bankrupt because of Trine 3 or something? I could just be confusing them with one of the numerous other indies that have imploded lately.

I have all 3 Trine games, haven't finished the third though. I'll definitely be down for a fourth, but I really wish they'd turn their art team loose on a new Shadowgrounds game, that would be amazing.

4307 Comments. 216 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo