Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4084 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Get Insurgency Free on Steam
3. Re: Get Insurgency Free on Steam Aug 13, 2018, 21:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, not bad, although the damage model seems to be unforgiving to the point of absurdity, check out this battle I had not too long ago.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
32. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 11, 2018, 18:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wraith, I'm sorry, but you are mistaken. I understand you want the developers to get paid, we all do, but your line of reasoning is outside the laws of at least the USA, not sure about the rest of the world.

Used cars, used Audio CDs, used movie DVD/BluRays, used game DVD/Blurays/CDs, all of these things can legally be resold under First Sale Doctrine, despite whatever EULA crap they try to force down peoples' throats.

Whoever initially owned it and sold it to person A should not get paid AGAIN by person B, who buys it from person A. Full stop.

Of course, Bethesda/Zenimax sure as shit want to be paid multiple times, but this should be challenged in court, and Bethesda/Zenimax should lose. Will they lose? I'm guessing they can toss a ton of money and lawyers at the case, so who knows, but the laws are clear.

The law is a bit murkier for purely digital copies, but that is not relevant in this instance.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 9, 2018, 22:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

So what was the final verdict, is this coming to PC or not?

News Comments > Torchlight Frontiers Announced
11. Re: Torchlight Frontiers Announced Aug 9, 2018, 22:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh yeah, the original Torchlight developers, Runic Games, went under after Hob didn't do as well as planned. This is a terrible reminder.

Torchlight 1 and 2 were great, I shudder to think what this will turn into as some sort of microtransaction MMO.

News Comments > Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week
4. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 9, 2018, 22:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 19:27:
What would be super interesting is if one of the Battlefield lead developers gave a comparison of how they plan and execute an alpha compared to Star Citizen.

Don't punch down, jdreyer.

News Comments > Dead Cells Exfoliated
6. Re: Dead Cells Exfoliated Aug 7, 2018, 05:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

theglaze wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 00:24:

Have you played Axiom Verge?

No, I've read about it, haven't gotten around to getting it. I hear it's one of the better Metroidvanias out there now, although I think the reason I avoided buying it in the first place was the intentionally nostalgic graphic style. I'll get it at some point, it's on the Steam sale list.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
30. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 6, 2018, 23:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kxmode was way more entertaining when he was just a firm believer in Star Citizen.

News Comments > Dead Cells Exfoliated
2. Re: Dead Cells Exfoliated Aug 6, 2018, 23:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 22:58:
Picked this up during the summer sale. Itís so goddamn good, I canít explain it. The combat feels great even at the beginning, with limited weapons. It just gets better as it goes, although luck-of-the-draw factors heavily into how far youíll get in a given run. I now routinely can make it to the second boss..but sometimes my weapon combination doesnít cut it for him.

Itís pricey for an Indie, for sure. Itís not so much castlevania as it is ďRogue Legacy with way, WAY, impossibly better control.Ē It just FEELS right, itís hard to put into words.

Yeah, the control/combat is amazing for a sidescroller, I just wish it wasn't infected with that Rogue-lite-whatever bullshit that seems to be in every other game these days. A traditional game with continues from death or something, with Dead Cells' control scheme and combat, and pretty much every other design decision except the rogue-lite death nonsense would have been perfect.

Still, I'm looking forward to this and They Are Billions coming out of Early Access this year, with great anticipation.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2018, 21:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Xero wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 21:28:
I picked up NMS after 3 other workers at my job got it and egged me to do it.

While I'm not entirely disappointed yet, I'm also unsure about it. The interface is so damn annoying on selecting this and that to do this and that. I've found myself spending so much time just fumbling over the controls to figure out how to make something happen, it's crazy.

On the bright side, the music is very well done and after figuring out how to adjust the graphics and turn off the stupid v-sync, it runs flawless maxed out. Looks really damn good.

Not sure how much time I will ultimately put in yet because it remains to be seen if it can hook me. Hasn't yet with 3 hours (I know, a long way to go still).

Yeah, the interface could use a little work. It seems to have a heavy console influence, in terms of multiple small menus to get to certain things. I hear there are mods for it, but haven't really started looking. The game does look and sound great, although I haven't put much more time than you have into it (under 10 hours?) it's interesting in a random flying around without much urgency sort of way.

News Comments > On Star Citizen Economics
11. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 4, 2018, 17:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sheesh. Let's say the game actually gets finished in our lifetimes, and they implement everything they promised, and actually make all the add-on ships from jpgs they have sold so far...this will be the most unbalanced game ever released.

They really cannot ever make a 'good' game out of this situation.

News Comments > Star Citizen Ground Battle Video
40. Re: Star Citizen Ground Battle Video Aug 3, 2018, 21:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Timmeh wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 21:28:
after all my bitching...

Ive decided im going to plunk down the $45 and get this...

Ive spent $45 on worse things...

Wait, what? WHAT? Lol!

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Aug 3, 2018, 21:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's almost like it's not worth it to have a gigantic navy, or something.

29. Re: Star Citizen Ground Battle Video Aug 3, 2018, 16:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

qsto wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 15:57:
Star Citizen Ground Battle

Why? Blank

Why finish a game and release it, when you can keep adding features indefintely and NEVER finish it!?

News Comments > BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans
46. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 14:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn, I don't even know who that is, and that's kind of the point. Why the hell are you even on Twitter if it's nothing but a cesspool? It's literally a waste of time. Why would I ever care what some asshole on Twitter thinks, regardless of their skin color? It doesn't matter if it's the president, or some unemployed nutjob, it's not a good use of my(or anyone's) time to try to parse their illogical rants on social media.

The fact that people here held up an obvious joke Tweet about Fuller House as 'racist' indicates how much of an overreactive mess this has all become. Relax. Get off social media. Be glad nothing actually racist of substance is happening to you; any person of color can give you horror stories about life threatening events that occur in real life, based on skin color alone.

Not a single one of those tweets pointed a gun at your face and demanded to see some identification, or pulled you over because you looked suspicious, or refused to serve you at their restaurant, or refused to allow you to buy a home/rent an apartment, or shot you without warning because they thought you were a terrorist/criminal/whatever. Have some perspective.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2018, 13:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 13:15:
Flash sales were the best part of Steam sales. The sales are virtually meaningless now without them.

Correct, although I suspect there will be some bullshit on Valve's part, where the Flash sales are like 30 minutes long, at 4AM, etc.

*EDIT* Whoops, they apparently didn't stoop that low, time limits set by developers can be from 6-12 hours. That's reasonably fair.

43. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 13:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Takeaway from this thread: there are some thin skinned people on Twitter, apparently. Best to stay off the internet if some stranger's tweets are making you rage/cry/make collages. Go outside, go read a book, unplug for a while, seriously.

Also, I pity the person who defends Fuller House.

6. Re: Star Citizen Ground Battle Video Aug 3, 2018, 12:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

You guys are going to be so embarrassed when we're all playing this in 2040, when the retail release comes out!

*Disclaimer: This comment assumes humanity will somehow survive the next 6 years*

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month
8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 3, 2018, 00:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Caladell wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 22:36:
Fanatical is fine. I order from them quite frequently. And they are absolutely on isthereanydeal. I get emails daily from them mentioning Fanatical deals.

Hrm, you're right, there it is right off the main page of isthereanydeal, Fanatical.

They just didn't have competitive prices for the three games I looked up!

7. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 2, 2018, 23:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bioware's last good RPG was Dragon Age: Origins. That company is gone.

They make some fun shooter RPG lite games again at some point, but I'm leaning to them ruining Anthem more than succeeding in making a fun coop game, at this point.

I couldn't even bring myself to finish Mass Effect 3, although I did enjoy ME1 and ME2.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month
6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 2, 2018, 22:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

How legit/scammy is Fanatical now? I bought a few things off of them when they were Bundle Stars, but the prices seemed suspicious.

Fanatical isn't even listed on istehreanydeal.com, so it makes me wonder if they are in the same ballpark as G2A or some other sites selling game keys bought with stolen credit cards, etc.

I'm trying to avoid supporting sites like G2A in the future.

4084 Comments. 205 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo