Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3902 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield V Reveal Hype
3. Re: Battlefield V Reveal Hype May 20, 2018, 15:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

More on topic: BFV, a new setting: A post apocalyptic world, with V irus infected zombies! Plus you have to fight in a huge battle royale! And you can build staircases, maybe, if our engine can handle it!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield V Reveal Hype
2. Re: Battlefield V Reveal Hype May 20, 2018, 15:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

rawbelly wrote on May 20, 2018, 14:51:
This may not make sense to many people, but I haven't even felt like playing a BF game since they took out runways. The idea of spawning in a plane is just ridiculous to me. Fighting over planes and strafing runways WAS Battlefield. Back in my day you had to earn your plane! You whippersnappers and your instant gratification

I understand your mentality completely, but I'm sure DICE looked at the trade-off of plane-nubs trying take off and instantly crashing(and never flying again for 95% of the people) and 'realism.' Personally I don't care either way, I just hate it when planes get wasted, either via runway crash or used as a one shot transport, or used to ram.

News Comments > FAR: Lone Sails Released
3. Re: FAR: Lone Sails Released May 19, 2018, 08:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on May 18, 2018, 14:43:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 18, 2018, 11:30:
Hrm, this game looks awesome, I may just risk it at $14.99.

Someday in the near future, my Gog library will surpass my Steam library, which has admittedly come to basically a standstill.

Just be sure you realize it's a 2-3hr game...

Well, 2-3 good hours can be better than 10 mediocre hours, but I get what you're saying. If it's great, I'd love to support a new(?) group of developers, so they can make a bigger/better next game. Also I usually end up taking longer than the suggested time for almost any games, wandering around or wasting time fiddling with stuff.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Free Weekend
2. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Free Weekend May 19, 2018, 08:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Speaking of which, I should go back and finish this game. Zero combat(optionally) is a little boring to me, but the writing was pretty decent.

I will need to win the lottery or something, to be able to quit my job and have enough time to play all of these various titles though.

News Comments > FAR: Lone Sails Released
1. Re: FAR: Lone Sails Released May 18, 2018, 11:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, this game looks awesome, I may just risk it at $14.99.

Someday in the near future, my Gog library will surpass my Steam library, which has admittedly come to basically a standstill.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 17, 2018, 22:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kxmode wrote on May 17, 2018, 21:26:
No Manís Skyís big multiplayer update launches in July.

The full game was funded by people like me who bought into Murray's blatant lies. He promised multiplayer AT launch, not two years later.

so you're saying if we're still on the fence, we should finally buy it after July if we can get it on sale?

News Comments > Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed
23. Re: Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed May 17, 2018, 11:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on May 17, 2018, 05:06:
https://i.redd.it/4fibjvsf6dy01.jpg

That's an impressive spoiler list!

So WW2 BF, Anthem is apparently terrible since it needs Snoop Dogg and Zac Effron to sell it, they are paving the way for a Boba Fett movie(?), and the Dragon Age series gets another probably non-Dragon Age 1-like entry.

That sucks, I was still holding out hope that Anthem would at least turn out to be some fun coop; my dwindling coop group has been playing bargain bin The Division and Killing Floor 2, and we're in need of another game pretty soon.

I suppose it's pointless to have hope that the Star Wars Bounty Hunter game(or Battlefront expansion??) turns out well.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization May 16, 2018, 23:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Blockchain, when you want sell the idea of anonymity but the reality of records for EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION(or call I guess?) EVER.

We're living in one of the dark timelines. A dark, stupid, stupid, timeline.

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 at E3?
19. Re: No Borderlands 3 at E3? May 16, 2018, 23:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Gearbox is convinced that people enjoy Borderlands games more with .0000001% drop rates for good guns.

Unless they drastically change that (or the mod scene is at least competent) I will be skipping Borderlands 3 until it's under $10 at least.

News Comments > Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed
16. Re: Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed May 16, 2018, 23:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yet another reveal to a reveal, Recursive Reality strikes again!

The DICE engine(Frostbite 3? 4?) for BFV will be gorgeous, no doubt. The gameplay, gradually dumbed down, but still fun at first. The sounds, epic, I'm sure.

I think I'm Battlefielded out though, for at least awhile. Especially at 100 dollars for the 'full' game.

Also, I can't help but wonder how many man-hours get wasted on the ridiculous Easter Egg bullshit that .0001% of the community actually does (not counting the many people who just Youtube the clues for the items)

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2018, 11:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, good luck, but this game still looks atrocious. Hopefully the gameplay is straight up amazing.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer
28. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer May 16, 2018, 07:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

VaranDragon wrote on May 16, 2018, 03:13:
outsourced by id!

You're not wrong, although their choice of studios was very good.

This trailer actually looks pretty sweet, definitely a decent sale price buy for me. To the wishlist!

News Comments > Phoenix Point Delayed
3. Re: Phoenix Point Delayed May 15, 2018, 11:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not really surprised, and the in-game footage released so far has looked excellent. I'll wait; tons of stuff to play in the meantime.

Disclaimer: I did back this Kickstarter/Fig or whatever it was.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Game Reviews May 14, 2018, 16:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

For those wondering, Pillars of Eternity 2 (PoEt 2 ) is awesome. Definitely some minor bugs, nothing game breaking so far, gorgeous visually and musically, fun combat and for the most part great upgrades from the first game. Except for the Wizards. They got screwed.

I think it's selling better on Gog than Steam though.

*EDIT* 'part' not 'past,' typo.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2018, 07:41.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2018, 13:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

I watched a little of this video... seems like valid complaints, but wtf, are all the Youtubers this ridiculously long winded? 17 minutes? Sum that up in like 3 minutes or less, we've all got places to be, things to do.

News Comments > Avengers: Infinity War Fortnite Crossover Event
3. Re: Avengers: Infinity War Fortnite Crossover Event May 7, 2018, 17:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh. Marvel. Have some dignity.

I know that they/Disney are making billions of dollars now on the movies, but they have utterly abandoned their old school fan base. Nothing lasts forever, everybody knows, but I didn't expect to see it this dramatically in my lifetime.

*Disclaimer: Old school comic fan mutterings.

That said, this particular attention/money grab doesn't sound especially egregious, but Marvel has abandoned all attempts to make the movies for comic fans anyway, soo....

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2018, 17:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on May 6, 2018, 15:50:
BattleTech is awesome. I've put in 50+ hours so far and it has led to that "just one more turn" addiction kicking in. Oh well. Sleep is for the weak... Wink

I'm a little surprised that Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire isn't on the list in the week leading up to its release (May 8th). Maybe the Avellone effect?

While there, make sure to check his posts in the comments thread.
Wow. If all that shit is true then me jokingly calling Obsidian "Obshittian" sometimes doesn't cut it. It's a euphemism!

Ugh, what a horribly depressing thread. I assume a lot of companies are like this though, really. It's just human nature to have some assholes and scammers scattered throughout an organization at most levels, including leadership/ownership.

Still, we'll find out in a few days if any of that trickled down to the actual game to negatively effect anything. I assume most game studios, aside from maybe Blizzard, have this level of tension and competing drives (creative/technical/financial).

News Comments > MachiaVillain This Month
4. Re: MachiaVillain This Month May 4, 2018, 12:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Clear influence from Dungeon Keeper, which I love greatly, but yeah, wtf is with this art style? Pass.

Is this made for mobile or something?

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 3, 2018, 21:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dammit, easily tricked biological eyeballs! Cybernetic augmentation can't get here quickly enough!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Ryan Shazier's medical bills - Steelers May 3, 2018, 21:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow $8 million plus in one check, that might almost cover his medical bills! Yay for the US health care system.

I wonder if his insurance immediately dropped him upon seeing him get injured on the field?

I'm not bitter or anything.

3902 Comments. 196 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo