Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4307 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
8. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 2, 2018, 19:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, their next game is going to be called Artifact, a CCG (virtual) with real money transactions... sheesh. How the mighty have fallen.

Oh well, Steam is still a nice storefront, I guess we can really scratch off HL3 or L4D3, etc. or any real games from this point on from Valve.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anthem Demo in February
8. Re: Anthem Demo in February Sep 2, 2018, 19:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's cool that they're this close to a decent demo, lame of course that they are trying to get people to give in to their paid services to get access to said demo though. I'm still interested in the seeing the final game, but I'll be skipping all this demo nonsense.

*EDIT* their they're there. I'm tired.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2018, 00:10.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 14 Ends Soon
1. Re: Diablo III Season 14 Ends Soon Sep 2, 2018, 01:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah... what poor addicts are still playing this game? Aside from the thousands of bots, I mean.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 1, 2018, 17:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 14:27:
Video games do not belong in the Olympics as they're not a physical sport, period. What next Olympic Boggle? Clue? Monopoly?

I know you're being hyperbolic, but Olympic Monopoly would be AMAZING. Every match would turn into a bloodsport, where the athletes bring up horrible things from their opponents' pasts, then physically fight over the most infuriating family game ever made.

Also, fuck the Olympics, bunch of chemically enhanced cheaters competing in the most corrupt international organization around, aside from FIFA.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Delve Released
1. Re: Path of Exile: Delve Released Sep 1, 2018, 12:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looks pretty interesting, I wonder if it's worth it to try to get back into PoE at this point, the game has changed dramatically since I last played.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 31, 2018, 13:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's morbidly interesting to see how China covers its attacks on companies like Tencent with 'for the people' style announcements. I guess some gaming companies didn't bribe the right officials over there.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches
11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches Aug 31, 2018, 13:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice, I'll start my second playthrough with this version relativley soon, burning through some other games right now though.

MeanJim -> thanks for that, I'll make sure to save the SSD space by getting rid of the classic version when I do play it again.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 Delayed
1. Re: Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 Delayed Aug 31, 2018, 13:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Maybe they will delay it long enough to actually, I don't know, allow you to control an armada of more than 3-4 ships this time around? Or some sort of actual campaign, instead of just replaying the same few missions over and over again?

Also, the gameplay itself was bland and mostly boring.

I got burned pretty badly buying Gothic Armada 1 even on sale(in my opinion), it was simply a bad game all around.

News Comments > Two Point Hospital Discharged
5. Re: Two Point Hospital Discharged Aug 30, 2018, 23:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty interesting, but yeah, the Wallace and Grommit(sp?) creator could probably sue these guys and win if he was in the mood to. Very derivative art style.

Of course I know nothing of the backstory of this game's creation, so if he/they were involved, never mind.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 30, 2018, 23:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, that many LEGO Technic motors, thousands of hours of Master Builder labor... that LEGO Bugatti probably cost almost as much to make as a real one.

*EDIT* the joke assumes LEGO paid retail price for their crazy expensive ass motors, obviously they didn't.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Free Weekend
1. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Free Weekend Aug 30, 2018, 23:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cool, going to download this and try it out. $14.99 might get me to bite, if it's halfway decent.  

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Aug 30, 2018, 22:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'll definitely get this at some point... the only question remaining, will I end up saving up all the 'good' armor piercing bullets or whatever the top currency bullet is until the end of the game, having never used them at all, like the past Metro games?

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Video
2. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Video Aug 30, 2018, 21:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nucas wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 21:26:
were the previous iterations of this game marketed this aggressively? i just got into tomb raider games for the first time this year so i wasn't really paying attention, but this blitz is ridiculous. why does square enix treat every IP like it's going to be the next call of duty?

anticipating the "tomb raider IP shelved" announcement in 12 months when it doesn't "meet sales expectations" by selling 10 million copies, just like every other IP square enix puts in a grave. at least we got a full trilogy out of this one, rip deus ex

Well, you're probably right about the latter half of your post, these game companies are spending more and more on 'AAA' single player games, and if it doesn't bring back whatever their target number is, they either close the studio and/or stop making games for that IP.

Everybody wants to be billionaires from making video games.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2018, 13:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Celebgate" ?? Please, this was called the Fappening. Get it right, bbc.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 30, 2018, 00:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

This will really trigger the Moon-Landing-Hoax people.

Also I think that 'BAAOOAAMMN' sound is required for almost any trailer.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Rounddup Aug 30, 2018, 00:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

$700,000 in funding to develop a 'backpack;' sometimes you have to be smart enough to spot the scams and avoid them.

Especially when this has happened more than once, apparently.

News Comments > Riot Commits to Change
24. Re: Riot Commits to Change Aug 29, 2018, 21:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, it sounds like a real shit show at Riot, based on that article. Not too surprising considering they run League of Legends though. Never has a more toxic community existed.

News Comments > Project Genesis Announced
3. Re: Project Genesis Announced Aug 29, 2018, 14:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hopefully everybody remembers this day, when gaming as we know it died.

Thanks, cryptocurrency greed!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Disney Play Aug 28, 2018, 13:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, just what customers needed, yet another streaming service to further divide up content. These asshats are reinventing cable tv slowly, only more expensively.

News Comments > Streets of Rage 4 Announced
2. Re: Streets of Rage 4 Announced Aug 27, 2018, 21:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Awesome, I loved Streets of Rage 1 and 2, played the hell out of those games back on Genesis...but where the hell is Max Thunder and Adam Hunter, aka the better characters by far?

Also the less white characters, but that's another issue entirely.

I'll be keeping an eye out for more info, but the teaser gameplay bits look good already.

4307 Comments. 216 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo