Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3624 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2017, 03:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Surely, we can get through one thread without false equivalency?

2017, when everyone's a Nazi except the actual Nazis. Those guys are just expressing themselves.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tyranny Expansion Next Month
13. Re: Tyranny Expansion Next Month Aug 24, 2017, 03:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game(vanilla) would have been great if they had based it around 6 player parties. As it is, it's still interesting; the writing is mostly good, the story is pretty good, combat is fun if a bit simple. The party NPCs are all well developed, and I enjoyed all their dialogue, honestly. I felt the combo system(between the main PC and the NPCs) was a waste of resources, but apparently a lot of people loved it.

As far as bugginess goes, this was probably Obsidian's least buggy game upon release, and it's been patched quite a bit since then anyway.

I wish they hadn't tried to design it around multiple playthroughs, ie. some content is locked out by game choices you make, but it still works as a RPG. I'll probably run through it again after I get this expansion, with a mage. My first run through was with a dual wield melee rogue, with some bow backup and some spellcasting.

Spellcasting, and the spell making system is extremely strong in the game, and strangely enough, the Lore skill is vitally important, unlike almost every other game.

In short: if you like party based RPGs, this is worth the buy, especially on sale.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Aug 22, 2017, 14:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rick and Morty is literally the greatest show on tv.

They need to come to some agreement with Netflix and/or Amazon Prime, to have their show be watchable by people who no longer have cable. Hulu is a travesty, if Rick and Morty is still even on Hulu.

News Comments > BIOMUTANT Announced
3. Re: BIOMUTANT Announced Aug 22, 2017, 12:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

There is plenty of room for good ARPGs... the problem is, that seems to be way harder than a lot of studios anticipate to accomplish.

I hope this one turns out well, seems like a decent if ripoff-y concept.

There were some old PnP games and probably some old video games that had this same premise, that probably received no credit from Experiment 101.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Launch Trailer
5. Re: Destiny 2 Launch Trailer Aug 22, 2017, 08:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

I didn't play the first one since it was console only. I'd be interested in this one if they weren't time gating all(some?) of the content by one year from the PS4 release dates.

Most likely not a full price buy for me anyway, so hopefully PC players vocalize their complaints about the content delays, and that policy gets removed, by the time I buy.

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
25. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 22, 2017, 08:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Windows 10 exclusive, lol.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 21, 2017, 21:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I should get around to buying this on Gog.com...it's been forever since I played Full Throttle.

I still remember some of the cooler sequences...this was one of the best adventure games back in the day.

News Comments > Ruiner Next Month
1. Re: Ruiner Next Month Aug 21, 2017, 21:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweeeeeeet. I've been looking forward to this one for awhile now.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Revolution and Battlefield 1 Incursions Announced
1. Re: Battlefield 1 Revolution and Battlefield 1 Incursions Announced Aug 21, 2017, 21:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, uh, nice, a new map, I guess? Dropping game population, so 5v5 mode, apparently. Sigh, Battlefield.

News Comments > Debris Announced
4. Re: Debris Announced Aug 21, 2017, 11:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

This reminds me, I should check on the current build of Subnautica.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 21, 2017, 11:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nofactor97 wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 08:37:
Slippery slope when companies are allowed to deny service based on your viewpoint.

Some examples that have happened lately.

1. Not making wedding cakes for homosexual marriages
2. Charging extra service charge to manicure overweight customers, because somehow their toenails are bigger?
3. Club not allowing officers and military in because it would upset it's clientele

Not a lot off the top of my head admittedly, but we are seeing some businesses discriminate again.

I know, that's the inherent danger with this sort of thinking. I don't have a perfect answer, but I feel as though an easy line can be drawn at preventing people from spouting Nazi crap without consequences. Praising genocide might be past what a modern society should allow as free speech? Calling for the (violent, but carefully worded) overthrow of our government and the killing or forcible removal of large segments of the population might be past what a modern society should allow as free speech?

As it is now, they are allowing businesses such as bakeries to discriminate against homosexuals, yet somehow Google has to host Nazis? How the fuck does that make sense?

If society as a whole had no restrictions, maybe I could see your slippery slope argument being more valid. As it is now, the slope is some gravity defying alternate reality where it's okay to deny service to gays, but people cry foul when the Daily Stormer has to find a new hosting service. I'd think I'm going crazy but it's been this bad for like 6 months.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2017, 11:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 08:32:
Retired wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 21:38:
Dang! Is PUBG going to dethrone Skyrim?

According to some people, Skyrim was in the top 10 for 2.5 years straight, but only sold 3.5 million copies, so by their reckoning it has already long since passed it. (in sales numbers anyway.)

Only 3.5 million on Steam, you mean? I think every man, woman and child has Skyrim on some console or another or on PC/Mac(?)

I don't think Skyrim beat GTAV or anything, but their total sales have to dwarf PUBG.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 20, 2017, 17:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 15:26:
Google's stance on neo-Nazis 'dangerous', says EFF.

I'm torn a bit here. On the one hand, I feel this stuff should be out in the open. Transparency is the best disinfectant. Also I'm a bit of a free speech absolutist.

On the other hand, I get that from a business perspective, hosting Nazis is bad for your corporate reputation and bottom line, as well as giving voice to abhorrent views.

It's a conundrum.

Well, no.

Arguably you should be labeled a criminal and probably insane the second you start waving around Nazi flags. Preferably before you start trying to mass murder people. Inciting violence is illegal. Google is massive, but they still aren't the government. There is no freedom of speech issue here.

When I was younger I used to think everybody should be able to say whatever they want, at any time. Nowadays, I see how these sort of hate-preachers are able to sway others and have their ideas spread like a virus. (religion is much the same.) I'd much rather they not be allowed to speak or transmit information online at all, and be arrested if they attempt to. The problem then becomes who decides what is allowable speech, obviously. That should be heavily debated in most instances, EXCEPT FOR THE FUCKING NAZIS.

How many world wars is it going to take for people to NOT let Nazis start gathering support in a country? History teaches us that those sorts of racist arguments, while clearly flawed, easily generate support, because people love to believe they are intrinsically better, and somebody else is intrinsically worse, regardless of whatever else is going on in their lives. It has happened again and again in human history. Education can counteract it, but it's hard to do when you have racists openly marching down the street, with a million television cameras on them, armed in broad daylight while the police do nothing. Depressed, angry people will always flock to even halfway charismatic speakers spewing nonsense if it makes the audience think they have a greater purpose and place in some group.

Speech has consequences, free speech has limits. Speech on some corporate website/forum/platform can be cut off at any time.

It's unlikely that the US government will ever outright ban groups like the KKK or Neo Nazis, but there should be no fucking question that Google or any other private/corporate provider should be able to deny service at the drop of a hat.

News Comments > Deep Sky Derelicts Announced
2. Re: Deep Sky Derelicts Announced Aug 20, 2017, 15:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 13:35:
Man, that's a lot of genres to combine. Art style is like Darkest Dungeon.

Yes, on too many genres blending(probably).

Art style is still ripping off Mike Mignola(and John Arcudi), just like Darkest Dungeon does.

That said, I do love that art style, and the work of the many comic artists MM inspired, and I like how this game looks.

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Into the Black Aug 19, 2017, 11:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 23:47:

In Germany, AntiFA is anti-establishment, anti any-goverment structure. So yeah. They are worse than Nazi's. Nazis just wanna be racist without being stopped and get violent when they do get stopped, Anti-FA would happily kill cops or anyone in governmental power just to make a point. Google RAF , but beyond that you'd need to speak German to understand where I am coming from there. Needless to say, ANTIFA is a terror organization. They thing they stand above the law, they attack anyone they don't agree with, and just because ANTIFA calls someone a Nazi does not mean he/she is one. ANTIFA isn't beyond calling it's own people NAZIS....

And secondly, Doxxing ruins peoples lives fundamentally, they live in constant fear, they need police protection, need to move, change jobs, change identity and not just them, but their families, children and relatives too. To me that is a far worse hate-crime than murder. Murder doesn't hurt the dead person much beyond that, doxxing hurts you an entire life.

I am curious, what part of doxxing isn't a hate crime to you.

I have no idea what life is like in Germany, I was discussing the US situation. if antifa is indeed like that in your country, that's terrible.

Expecting people to NOT show up at white pride rallies to counter protest is ridiculous. Some of those people that show up, MIGHT turn violent when they hear Nazis/Skinheads/etc. shouting how they are going to kill or forcibly remove them from this country. Also, if you're marching in a white pride rally, you are going to get lumped in with the Nazis, people should realize this. Of course, if they were that aware, they probably wouldn't be marching in a racist rally in the first place...

I don't condone violence or doxxing, or any other form of crime. I never said doxxing isn't a hate crime.

But clearly, if you are dead from MURDER, you cannot do anything further on this plane of existence. If you get doxxed, it'll indeed be terrible, but people can and do recover from that. I'm not sure why I have to even explain this to you, aside from possible language differences or something.

I'll assume it's rare in Germany, but people get killed because of race/religion/sexual orientation/whatever quite often in this country, unfortunately. I doubt those murder victims would rather be dead than just have had their personal information publsihed online.

News Comments > Spintires: MudRunner Announced
8. Re: Spintires: MudRunner Announced Aug 18, 2017, 21:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 17:08:

Bought the first for 5 bucks, and tech wise it's pretty impressive. Now to work it into other games....

I've been tempted to buy the first one(Spintires) a couple of times... does the original developer get money still, or has he completely lost all rights to the game at this point to the publisher?

I don't want to support their theft if the developer(s) have been cut out completely.

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Into the Black Aug 18, 2017, 16:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 03:42:
And it doesn't help if you just wanna fight terrorism, you have to fight anti-fa, which is the primary reason so much hate exists nowadays against cops as well.

Are you joking? Seriously, you think 'antifa' is the reason people hate the police? People hate and fear the police in the US because they are often racist, murderous criminals, who treat civilians as the enemy. Most US citizens don't have a clue what/who antifa even is.

Ps.: I think doxxing is equal to any other hate crime.

*Eyeroll*

I don't condone doxxing, but saying it's equal to lynchings, murders, bombings etc. is ridiculous.

The false equivalency shit is getting out of hand.

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Trailer and CE Preorders
6. Re: SpellForce 3 Trailer and CE Preorders Aug 18, 2017, 11:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

I loved Spellforce 2 back in the day. I'll most likely buy the normal version at some point, probably on sale. $129.99, collector's edition... are they serious? Maybe this series had way more of a following in Europe or something, but it always seemed like no one played it in the US.

News Comments > StellarHub Launches
2. Re: StellarHub Launches Aug 18, 2017, 03:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, I've never even heard of this, looks pretty sweet. It also looks somewhat derivative of FTL/Gratuitous Space Battles... but those are some good games, so...  

News Comments > Killing Floor: Incursion Launches
1. Re: Killing Floor: Incursion Launches Aug 17, 2017, 11:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, cool, I guess, but I'd rather they put more work into finishing up Killing Floor 2. It's 'done' but really it's still missing a lot of the best weapons from KF1.

3624 Comments. 182 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo