Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4084 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 76 Revealed
9. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 30, 2018, 21:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on May 30, 2018, 20:39:
Interstate 76 meets Fallout?!?

I'M IN!

Damn, how awesome was Interstate 76 when it came out? I loved that game. Even a redone/retextured/remastered version of that same game now, I think would do really well. Customizable vehicles, really fun gameplay, a reasonably large single player campaign, it even had insanely fun(if broken) multiplayer.

Unfortunately this game will be more Fallout 4 style shit. I finally bought FO4 on sale, and it's a snooze fest. Base building is cool, I guess, but Fallout 3ish combat is still mostly a joke compared to any real FPS/TPS game, and the RPG elements are pretty minimal.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 27, 2018, 14:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the fuck? Surely this is yet another sign that we're all living in the Twilight Zone?

House Flipper, the game. It exists. And it's in the top 10 in sales on Steam.

Just call it already, humanity. You've lost it.

*Lengthy rant against house flippers in real life driving up the price of real estate(artificially) contributing to the downfall of society in general* -Cut for time and space-

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. May 26, 2018, 05:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

thecakeisalie wrote on May 26, 2018, 01:31:
I had to talk to my nephews and my sister about Fortnite since they were starting to spend all their allowances on VBucks. She put a stop to it. Good on Epic for making a hit but it's turning really young kids (under 10) into microtransaction junkies.

As for BF5, nope, nope and nope. Not interested in another WW2 shooter that panders to SJWs. I'm a liberal but I like my games to be historically accurate.

Yes. Serious. Like BF1942.

News Comments > Battlefield V to Feature Premium Currency
23. Re: Battlefield V to Feature Premium Currency May 25, 2018, 21:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on May 25, 2018, 18:12:
Also, if you want to see some of the cool new gameplay that JackFrags talks about in that 20 minute+ video, he did a trailer breakdown where you actually see some of the cool shit (that I totally missed on the first viewing). I think that most people assumed the first half of the video was just a cutscene, but it was actually showing off the real new animations and mechanics that is pure gameplay.

Wtf, the animation/movement changes, all the changes, sound freaking amazing! That Anti-Air gun(which is manned) being towed by tank... omg, that could be so awesome in game. It looks like the have a ton of good/great ideas for gameplay in BFV... please, please don't ruin it via microtransactions for anything EXCEPT cosmetics!

*EDIT* I apologize to any teammates now, I'll be building massive fortifications all game long, every game, for at least the first week.

*EDIT 2* Only MAJOR hassle/flaw I can see this early, the squad call-ins, like the V1 rockets and whatnot... squads that dominate get airstrikes and other specials to further increase their lead? Not the best idea, for keeping your less skilled players playing. "OMG these fuckers just keep calling V1s, uninstalling this shit!"

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 25, 2018, 18:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, congrats to the Fortnite team/Epic network programmers! Also that $300 mil dumptruck probably didn't hurt.

The fact that people are still losing their shit about female playable characters(or characters with prosthetics, etc.) in a BF game is laughable at this point. This is literally one of the least realistic series of games ever, from day one. If you want semi-realistic gameplay for WWII go play Red Orchestra 2.

I'm tempted to buy BFV purely for the rage it's causing various whiny groups, although the actual gameplay actually sounds really good.

17. Re: Battlefield V to Feature Premium Currency May 25, 2018, 16:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

I hate to post a link to any youtube video, but this one contains a ton of BFV gameplay info. The actual gameplay changes sound great! If it turns out at all like these descriptions, BFV could be amazing.

Jackfrags' video

Let the hype begin!

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free DLC
8. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free DLC May 25, 2018, 12:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I had a sneaking suspicion that the Fampyr island was basically the toughest area in the game(currently), oh well. Deadfire does so many things right, it should really be great after the balance/tuning patch and a few real DLCs. You should really reconsider not replaying any of these recent RPGs though, the patched/enhanced versions have really been excellent.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2018, 12:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on May 25, 2018, 12:07:
VaranDragon wrote on May 25, 2018, 10:37:
Does anyone else feel that the actor who plays Solo was completely miscast for the flick? Im kind of bummed out about it because it looks like it might actually be a pretty good film.

It's funny, I thought that at first, but after watching the trailer, I thought he had pretty good swagger and smirk. I guess I'll have to withhold judgement until I see the movie, but what don't you like about him?

I suppose in theory they could have CG'd a young Harrison Ford over they guys face...

The next movie is a Boba Fett movie? Is anyone really looking forward to that?

I am going to go see Solo next week... yes I've given in to the Disney hype train. I agree though that the rest of the cast appears to be far stronger actors than Solo himself.

The only good Boba Fett movie would be from when he survives/escapes the Sarlac pit for the next couple years or so. If they do some prequel bullshit, I will internet rage on them.

6. Re: Battlefield V to Feature Premium Currency May 25, 2018, 12:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm. Not great news, but the premium currency for cosmetics ONLY has worked very well for a ton of games that I play, with no involvement from me. It definitely preys upon a certain (much smaller) segment of the gaming population, but some people just seem to enjoy having cosmetic options.

Hopefully they can avoid CS:GO style pitfalls of the cosmetic item gray market.

Tentatively interested in BFV if the base price is $60 USD.

4. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free DLC May 24, 2018, 23:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jerykk wrote on May 24, 2018, 22:42:
They need to allow you to switch to Path of the Damned mid-game and have extreme level scaling (where all enemies are 4+ levels higher than you).

PoE 2 is just ridiculously easy past the early game. I think part of the issue is that you level so quickly. In the first game, I think the level cap was 13 and that took about 100 hours to reach. In PoE 2, I feel like I'm leveling every 2-3 hours. It doesn't take long for you to out-level everything and level scaling doesn't help because enemies at your own level are still too easy.

I've seen these kind of comments in various spots, and obviously Obsidian agrees and is already working on it, but I have to wonder, did you skip all the side areas? There is a vampire (excuse me, Fampyr) island to the South East, that is a clear jump up in difficulty from the rest of the game. Same for some of the small random islands, which I assume are late game bounties, but you can run into at any time of your choosing.

Normal ships with Kith crews are clearly a joke, but I wonder how much they can get buffed before your team starts getting alpha striked by high level ranged enemies the second combat starts.

I think I'll just try to finish the game with this Assassin/Cipher I have now, then replay with another character once they do this balance patch, and maybe even one of the real DLCs.

It also feels like the prices of various things are way out of whack... 30,000 copper to upgrade an item? Plus unique(? rare?) materials? I'm lucky if I pick up enough from bounties to get 3-4 items fully upgraded before the game ends, it seems.

Way more importantly, ship to ship combat needs to be reworked, as far as the actual combat option. Cannons are a joke, just setup the fastest ship possible, sail right at ANY enemy and board. Your super team will annihilate them, instead of burning tons of resources in a cannon battle.

Maybe my next game I'll bother with one of the larger broadside ships and try to actually Cannon other ships to death...although you probably lose out on alot of the loot then?

tl/dr: I'm totally in the weeds on this game; so far I'm level 13-14 and have ignored the main questline almost entirely, exploring the world and killing and plundering all captains/ships.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2018, 22:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Damn, that cyclist got tackled right onto his face, couldn't tell if he really got his hands up in time... fucking dumbass police. Well, at least he didn't immediately get shot 20 times.

News Comments > Extended Vampyr Video
9. Re: Extended Vampyr Video May 24, 2018, 22:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, now I need to go back and play Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption and Bloodlines. Both great games, and I'm curious to see how much better Bloodlines is with the insane level of unofficial patching that has been done...that game was a buggy mess on release day, let me tell you.

I'll definitely get Vampyr at some point, although probably on sale.

1. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free DLC May 24, 2018, 22:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game will be vastly improved by a mod to allow 6 players into the party at once.

Or more, for that matter. 5 is too few!

It's not even a difficulty thing, it's a "my whole crew needs to be out here, kicking ass together" thing.

Of course the next mod would be added difficulty/more creatures in fights etc.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
34. Re: Morning Metaverse May 23, 2018, 22:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, I didn't realize we had accounts on here taken over by Russian spammers?

Scheherazade - Putin has literally murdered his political rivals, invaded other sovereign nations, and you are defending him? Organized attempts by Russian intelligence services to alter the US election process are deliberate acts of war. The US government is definitely guilty of many crimes, but that doesn't excuse any transgressions by Russia.

Not really surprising at all that you think a US President being compromised by Russian intelligence services is no big deal, because hey, it "helps everyone."

I'm glad you outed yourself, although it's a shame we can't escape this propaganda shit even on a video game site.

News Comments > Battlefield V in October
8. Re: Battlefield V in October May 23, 2018, 22:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

DICE should have just manned up and done a pure fantasy/sci-fi/alternate reality game, although technically they still have time to announce this as such.

Building and repairing can be good in a fps, having people carry even LESS ammo to force them to rely on squad/team resupplies though, and other forced 'teamwork' design changes usually end up being more annoying than useful.

Anyway, I'm mildly interested; DICE's art team is still stupendous, tech looks great from what's shown here, but I think all the forced social/1000 hour grind shit might make me skip this in the end.

News Comments > Battlefield V Set in WW2?
26. Re: Battlefield V Set in WW2? May 23, 2018, 07:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on May 22, 2018, 11:29:
Maybes its like that one other series. You're in the future and have to step into a DNA-Memory Virtual Machine and end up in WW2.

That would honestly make the most sense, they just use all their weapons/stats from their previous games and make a monster game, with a couple maps for each time period. Wider audience appeal, with their SWBF2 business model of cosmetic microtransactions or something to pay for it. Get all that nonsense out of the way before BF2143.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition
8. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition May 23, 2018, 07:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm interested, but I think I'll wait for some more reviews... I hear the core gameplay isn't changed enough, aka still mostly bland L4D ripoff/homage in WH40K clothing.

Hopefully it's awesome in coop though.

News Comments > Tencent and Grinding Gear
2. Re: Tencent and Grinding Gears May 21, 2018, 10:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Noooooooooo! *Gasps for breath* NOOOOOOOoooooooooo!

I haven't gone back to PoE in awhile, but this cannot be good for the players of the game.

Good luck, Grinding Gear, I hope the money (probably a shitload) is worth it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 May 21, 2018, 01:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jerykk wrote on May 21, 2018, 00:35:
It's good that they're focusing on bugs, though. There are some pretty major ones, like one of Xoti's lantern passives giving your party resistance to friendly spells as well as hostile ones. There's also a bug with the Driving Flight passive, making the bounce projectile target friendlies.

WHAAAAAAAT?!?? I just broke down and spent the 5k and resources to upgrade Xoti's lantern, all my guys just gained 21% spell resist...to healing spells.

Sigh.

News Comments > Battlefield V Reveal Hype
19. Re: Battlefield V Reveal Hype May 20, 2018, 21:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Chronologically:

BF1, BF1942, BF1943, BF Vietnam, BF 2 / BFBC1/ BFBC2 /, BF3, BF4, BF2142.

So yeah, all they have left for 'real' conflicts would be the Korean war; or some 80s level conflict: Granada, Afghanistan(Russians); 1967 6 Day War (Israel vs Arab nations); the Falklands, etc.

My guess is, fictional, relatively near future, 2050-2100ish, so pre BF2142, probably no mechs, but a ton of leeway for cool sci-fi weapons and vehicles.

4084 Comments. 205 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo