Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3903 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning
15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Jan 31, 2018, 08:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Is this on sale for $9.99 yet? I'll probably get it eventually, just to see how gorgeous it is in 4k, and to at least play the campaign.

Loot crate-ers gonna loot crate.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anthem Delayed for New Battlefield Game in October
8. Re: Anthem Delayed for New Battlefield Game in October Jan 31, 2018, 08:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 23:46:

Battlefield games have had at MOST a 24-month release schedule since the FIRST title in the series, Battlefield 1942 back in 2002. Literally 16 years of precedent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_(video_game_series)

So this is actually right on schedule.

And BF1 hasn't gotten the kinks worked out? Are you serious? First off it launched in pretty good shape for a BF game, far better than BF4 or BF3. And the franchise in the last 4 years has enjoyed VERY good post-launch support from DICE LA. I don't know where you're pulling this out of.

But you know, continue to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt. You have a pretty captive audience for that shit in the gaming world.

Hrm interesting wikipedia page. Part of the perception issue for me is I skipped a few of those in the middle, and Hardline, etc. so it feels soon to me.

That's hardly fear, uncertainty and doubt though, lol.

I'd argue they don't have the kinks worked out of BF1 if they are about to drop a pretty major rebalance patch this month/next month? Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed BF1, and yes, it came out better on Day 1 than BF3/BF4 (aside from their Medals/Assignments nonsense, which is worse in BF1 by far), however this too is an opinion, obviously. Some maps still seem like complete clusterfucks and tend to make most of the server leave, but that's a longer term problem most likely, and one not unique to BF1.

News Comments > Anthem Delayed for New Battlefield Game in October
1. Re: Anthem Delayed for New Battlefield Game in October Jan 30, 2018, 23:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, another Battlefield already? BF1 has barely gotten the kinks worked out, and the DLCs aren't even all out yet.

Of course it shouldn't be surprising, EA is profit over quality all day long, but still.

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Jan 30, 2018, 00:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Morality issues aside, how the hell did this woman break her ankle? It seemed like she just took a step and it basically twisted left about 90 degrees...

Work on the physical fitness, thieves. Dexterity 16+ or stay home. Some Str/Con wouldn't be too bad either.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2018, 11:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

ROFL, secure wireless network. That'd be hilarious, if these idiots ostensibly in charge(or at least under the command of people in charge) weren't serious.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 28, 2018, 17:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well of course, it's all about the money, not providing good products or helping the average consumer.

It's been known Meltdown-type exploits could be a problem for like a decade, people were publishing papers about theoretical exploits on Intel architecture in like 2005.

I hope AMD gets a real boost in sales from all this shit, unfortunately I think the Intel Hype machine has conflated Meltdown with Spectre enough that people don't realize the difference.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 28, 2018, 15:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 28, 2018, 14:46:
Deserved, Subnautica.
The game is just fantastic. Yeah, it has issues with its controls (conflicts when remapping controls, stupid and not very intuitive key layout) and a few game breaking bugs (vehicles vanishing completely, getting stuck on land/inside, massive stuttering), but most of those you can solve by using the console. And still that game is so good, that you can find the motivation to adapt to its issues or tolerate them.
Its also the first game where I actually love to build a base, while I didnt bother much in other games, since they would get destroyed anyway.
It could use a coop mode, though.

I wonder if the lack of coop/multi is going to be an issue at some point, I know plenty of Survival-game people who are lukewarm or passed completely on Subnautica because it's single player.

I'm... just starting to get my feet wet ( ) in Subnautica, it's pretty gorgeous and the mechanics seem cool so far.

*EDIT* Ugh my bad, there's literally an achievement in Steam for Subnautica called "Getting Your Feet Wet" how pedestrian of me.

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 2018, 16:00.

News Comments > DRAGON BALL FighterZ Rolls Out
2. Re: DRAGON BALL FighterZ Rolls Out Jan 27, 2018, 23:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

There's enough crazy shit going on in here, with characters I don't remember, that I'm tempted to go look up some sort of condensed, fight-only version of DBZ or DB* (whatever came after DBZ)... if you cut out the insane season long buildups, the major fights were soo great.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta Extended
12. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta Extended Jan 27, 2018, 16:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

SacredGinmill wrote on Jan 27, 2018, 02:16:
Every time I join a 4 man crew, I end up with a bunch of xbox players (not a bad thing on its own) who then proceed to immediately put me in jail because I won't use voice chat.

I have a mic that I use in other games and on vent regularly, but I can't seem to get it to work in this game.

The game has no key assignment for push-to-talk even though that is an option. Some say it is the alt key.

The game has an option to have voice chat go to speakers or headphones, but how is that even defined on my system?

I have been playing more Subnautica.

What the fuck!? Wow, forget this game.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 27, 2018, 16:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

That title is misleading, the article clearly says loading times are vastly improved(albeit it is not known if that's other optimizations or no Denuvo).

Also, all games improve with no DRM.

7. Re: Into the Black Jan 26, 2018, 19:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 22:27:
lol.

Anyone remember that extreme basketball league with trampolines built into the court? That was tits. I think the injury rate was rather high.

Slamball. I had to look it up, apparently that league is still active!

Look here!

*EDIT* Ugh fake youtube videos... that's not from 2017. Looking at the Wikipedia page, the last Slamball event was apparently in 2012.

Although:
"In 2015 Slamball resurfaced in China. After what appeared to be an extended courtship with the Chinese government, and community at large, new Slamball facilities began construction throughout China. Eventually, the new partnership with Chinese entities created 5 teams to officially expand the league to Asia. Slamball creator Mason Gordon did exhaustive leg work advancing the process. In 2015 all Gordon's hard work would pay off as Slamball started capturing the attention of the Chinese public."

News Comments > Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered
1. Re: Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered Jan 26, 2018, 19:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell? Did this game even get an actual release?

I feel sorry for their art team, the graphics were pretty amazing. Oh well, it won't make a billion dollars, might as well flush it down the toilet.

News Comments > New Dragon Age Game in the Works
30. Re: New Dragon Age Game in the Works Jan 26, 2018, 15:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 02:23:
Can I hop on the extreme leftist millenials train and claim that what I FEEL is true? XD

That's hardly reserved only for the left, or any particular age group.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire in April; Preorders Begin
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire in April; Preorders Begin Jan 26, 2018, 15:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nucas wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 11:15:

i still liked it but much like baldur's gate 1, i only ever played it once and thought that was enough. here's hoping for the baldur's gate 2 type experience that i revisit like 30 times.

Basically this, BG1 had a ton of flaws once you take the nostalgia goggles off. BG2 is my favorite game, all time, no question. I've probably done 6-7 complete playthroughs, and another 5-6 that either trailed off due to HD failures or corrupt saves or other non-game issues.

Obsidian has learned enough from Pillars 1, and even Tyranny, that they should be able to make a beastly Pillars 2. Worst case scenario, it takes a couple patches, but it'll be good eventually.

2. Re: Into the Black Jan 25, 2018, 22:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

I feel as though humanity is missing out greatly, with this sort of shit.

Why make another, shittier NFL? Make a Roided out, Cybernetically enhanced(later), HGH full sport, let them go nuts and do superhuman things nonstop!

The press release includes McMahon being quoted as saying he won't allow anyone to protest, and he will be the owner of all the teams. What a joke.

This XFL will be as bad as the first one, if not worse.

News Comments > Anthem Delayed?
14. Re: Anthem Delayed? Jan 25, 2018, 22:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I got a bundled copy of Destiny 2, and have put a few hours into it. I've come to the conclusion that there is PLENTY of space for a good Borderlands/Destiny/Open World Shooty Looty Whatever Light RPG thing to succeed, if somebody actually gets their shit together.

Tight shooting mechanics, FUN loot(not from lootboxes, I mean from regular play), great graphics and sound, some interesting lore, and maybe, just maybe, a decent story, will get some company the top seat.

This seems like this game should have already been made by now, yet apparently it's not that easy. How good/crappy is The Division these days?

I'm still holding out hope that Anthem turns out great, but somehow I doubt it's possible.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire in April; Preorders Begin
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire in April; Preorders Begin Jan 25, 2018, 21:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Already backed via Kickstarter of course, hopefully I can finish my current runs through PoEt 1 before April.

Before anybody comes in and badmouths Pillars 1, let me say, the current version is miles beyond the vanilla Day 1 release. Also, IEMod has gotten way better, and works well to modify almost anything left that you'd want to change.

From what little I've read of the beta, the Multiclass/Subclass options in PoEt 2 look like they're going to be extremely interesting, and allow for some crazy builds to be developed. I can barely wait!

*EDIT* I said Kickstarter, I think this one, I had to use their Fig funding website, not actually Kickstarter.

News Comments > New Dragon Age Game in the Works
24. Re: New Dragon Age Game in the Works Jan 25, 2018, 16:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dragon Age:Origins was spectacular, I loved it, even with the unnecessarily complicated modding/DLC crap when it was first released(I assume it's improved now?)

I played the demo for DA2 and hated it, skipped the game.

I do have DA:Inquisition, but kinda gave up on it fairly early on. I fought the camera more than the enemies, and didn't really enjoy their damage system much. I've been meaning to go back and finish it, but there is so much other stuff to play, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

This upcoming DA game sounds like it is years away, not sure sure why they even mentioned it, when you would think the company's focus is Anthem still.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Announced
3. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Announced Jan 24, 2018, 12:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

grudgebearer wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 11:45:
Wow...not sure how the first one warranted a sequel. Gameplay was horrendous IMHO.

Yeah... I got the first one, initially intrigued, but the actual gameplay, small 'fleets' and barely connected missions in the campaign turned me off to the game extremely quickly.

If they go with MUCH larger fleets, less reliance on the damned bombs, and some more cohesion/continuity between missions, the sequel could be much better though.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta This Week
5. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta This Week Jan 22, 2018, 11:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Windows store? Lol!

I'll consider this when they relent and put it on a slightly less offensive service.

3903 Comments. 196 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo