Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3141 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera
19. Re: Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera Jan 12, 2017, 15:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Excellent, look forward to playing this in a month or so.

Here's hoping for 'relatively' few bugs on launch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: Battlefield 1 Players getting banned.. Jan 12, 2017, 01:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 22:10:
Dacote wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 20:12:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 19:18:
If I am up to 40 or 50 kills and no deaths in a tank I usually just suicide it or give it to a teammate, then go infantry or cavalry the rest of the round.
How altruistic of you.

Wanting to have a fun match is not altruism. Pwning in vehicles is fucking boring in BF1, and believe me, I do the same as he does. Once in Operations I got to something crazy like 91/2 just hogging the light tank, and I guess I had a decent pilot around because no bomber came near... that round was about as fun as a vasectomy.

The real problem is that the flak guns are in totally shit positions and have a huge spawn delay and a good bomber pilot can keep them ALL destroyed if he is even halfway decent. On some maps, particularly in Operation mode, there is even only 1 flak gun near your spawn, with the expected results... and thanks to one of the recent nerfs to flak the range has been toned down so hard that bombers can stay out of flak range but still SHOOT AT YOU AND KILL YOU which makes zero sense.

Then you have the stationary artillery which is totally useless to kill competent tanks at a distance (what you would think artillery is good at)

So really, the problem is Dice hired brain dead idiots as map and vehicle designers... and hamsters to balance it all.

Well, the it's the same problem the BF series has had for years, either infantry have effective air/ground vehicle counters they can spawn with, or they don't. The most fun BF games are when airpower cancels each other out; they have nice dog fights, and the ground becomes a land/sea vehicle/infantry war.

Right now, Assaults can at least spawn with Rocket gun and AT grenades, and make short work of dumb tank drivers, or with skill even pretty good tank drivers. No class has a shoulder fired anti-air weapon of course. Add the AC-130, excuse me, I mean paper winged bomber that somehow has some sort of 20mm cannon on it, and good pilot/gunner teams can wreck infantry.

They need to put the range back up on the flak cannons, and perhaps adjust positioning a bit. At least equal to the bomber gun range, for common sense's sake. That, or make a special vehicle spawn on some maps, that can ONLY spawn Anti-Air artillery truck or something. I know it's not WW1 historically accurrate, but it'd improve gameplay immeasurably.

To Dacote: yeah, complete blowout is boring, giving or receiving. It makes the losing team almost always go mostly sniper and hide in the hills, which pisses everyone off and usually makes people leave the game on both sides. So yes, stop vehicle abusing if the other team doesn't have a clue, and have a fun game on foot with a worse KDR. Mature FPS gaming in 2017.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: Battlefield 1 Players getting banned.. Jan 11, 2017, 19:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

200 kills in a bomber? In one Round?(checked, nope, apparently 3 rounds of Operation, but still)

No automated ban system is going to be perfect, but that guy should get server banned at least for being a prick to a team of far less skill.

If I am up to 40 or 50 kills and no deaths in a tank I usually just suicide it or give it to a teammate, then go infantry or cavalry the rest of the round. At that point it's just ruining the game for the other team, and making people quit playing altogether.

I watched his 'defense' video a bit, his entire team is spawnkilling the other team while his pilot flies his bomber over their uncap, as he shoots into the uncap. Hopefully he's banned for life.

*EDIT* Other thing this brings up, Bomber front gunner can shoot through the wings of his own plane... fix that, it'd help bomber abuse a bit.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 11, 2017, 10:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 21:39:
God, I love the propaganda of Presidential addresses! It's so laughingly bad!

At no point did any of these English bicyclists start spouting propaganada.

News Comments > Tibia Turns 20
6. Re: Tibia Turns 20 Jan 10, 2017, 22:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Pfft, Tibia. Femur is a far superior game!

Maybe this is famous overseas or something? Everybody was playing UO and pking people trying to harvest lumber when this came out.

News Comments > Diluvion Next Month
3. Re: Diluvion Next Month Jan 10, 2017, 22:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty interesting, but I'm wary of anybody saying Dark Souls or FTL when they talk about a game. Each of those games do certain things very well, and are enjoyable, but I think I've had it personally with 'rogue-like-like' games or 'punishment for the sake of punishment' games.

Request: more information, gameplay.

News Comments > New Steam User Record
2. Re: New Steam User Record Jan 8, 2017, 21:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 19:49:
That number is insignificant compared to the power of the force.

fixed that for you. -James Earl Jones

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 8, 2017, 12:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

CS:GO, continually on the Top 10 list. I cannot begin to guess at how much that game(and banning cheaters every so often) has made for Valve.

Aside from that, is Planet Coaster that much fun? It looks pretty interesting, but I passed on buying it during the winter sale. Oh well, spring or summer sale, maybe.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Chilean officials... Jan 8, 2017, 00:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

That thing is probably a drone, a more advanced version of this 1980-1990's variable thruster machine

Come on, Battlefield 4 had the XD-1 Accipiter(fictional but based on real devices), you can see the same thrust blowouts in a few parts of the video.

Now, why it's over Chile, it's an excuse for the drone engineers to get some excellent food in a great climate. "Yeah, we're uh, meteorologists...studying...rainfall.." -those guys, at a Chilean restaurant.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2017, 03:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

1badmf wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 00:10:
uh... what does rogue one mon mothma have to do with 4/5/6? she was only in return of the jedi as i recall.

they really shoulda done the same thing with tarkin though. he had so much screen time his fake appearance became distracting. and the actor they got to play his body looks like him and is a good actor anyway. leia had such a short appearance her CGI is whatevs, but tarkin shoulda been a replacement actor.

What the hell? you can't just watch RotJ. Besides I haven't sat down and actually watched the original trilogy in years.

jacobvandy, that side by side jpg just proves my point, they did a double fake, there is no new actress, she has always been cgi, and they went back and pasted her model into 'cut' prequel trilogy footage to throw you off! (Not serious, before I get a tirade from somebody)

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 6, 2017, 22:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

That... was more interesting than it probably should have been. I missed that Mythbusters episode this was based on.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2017, 17:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 17:29:
Uh, no, Mon Mothma was not CGI, lol. The actress' name is Genevieve O’Reilly, and it's actually the second time she's played the character. She appeared in a scene that was cut from Episode 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBGJTiyvd90

Whaaaaaat. Hrm now I have to go back and watch Episode 4/5/6 again, I swear they just CGI'd her. haha!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2017, 16:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Tarkan, Leia, and of course everybody forgets, Mon Mothma were all CGI. Common sense rule out Tarkan/MM being non-cgi, Leia was clearly bad.

Still, tons of good cgi in the film, and Tarkan/Mon Mothma looked reasonably good. I knew the Tarkan actor was dead, so it kind of broke it for me, but plenty of Star Wars fans I know didn't even question it.

*EDIT* wording.

PS. Unrelated, good reading here.

News Comments > Firewatch Sells 1M
11. Re: Firewatch Sells 1M Jan 5, 2017, 17:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I'll add this to the Steam/Humble/Gog(if it ever gets to Gog) list. I debated buying it this past Steam sale, but passed on it.

It looked interesting, but not more than $9.99 interesting.

News Comments > Diablo III Anniversary Patch
14. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 17:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:33:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:22:
Wow, they had mentioned the one month time limit before, but I foolishly thought they would come to their senses.

Now they say they are going to double down on that terrible idea, and make a 3 day event. ROFL. With their server issues? That should be great.

It's already the 4th, lol, so I'm not sure how you even thought that could be the case... But you're misunderstanding the bit about a little teaser "event" that went live yesterday, day before the patch. All that consists of are some unique enemies (re-colored cultists) that can spawn throughout Act I and drop pages of lore. There is an achievement for collecting them all, and that's literally all there is to that precursor "event."

Read the summary above. "future anniversary events will feature a pre-cursor event available from January 1-3."

News Comments > Diablo III Anniversary Patch
6. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 00:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, they had mentioned the one month time limit before, but I foolishly thought they would come to their senses.

Now they say they are going to double down on that terrible idea, and make a 3 day event. ROFL. With their server issues? That should be great.

News Comments > Diablo Turns 20
4. Re: Diablo Turns 20 Jan 1, 2017, 17:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 14:56:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 14:44:
Congrats, how much is the Necromancer DLC for D3 going to be?

I got the d3 itch again last week. Necro can't come soon enough. Guess I'll finally try seasons at least once, once they come to the ps4 (season 10, I believe).

I think they are aiming for 'late' 2017 for the Character pack with the Necromancer in it, but there is supposedly a somewhat large patch coming this month. A couple former D3 people I used to group with also got sucked in by this marketing, and will probably go back for awhile. Breaking up my Grim Dawn/KF2 groups!!

I cannot recommend Grim Dawn/Path of Exile enough though, if you are fiending for some ARPG gameplay. Either one is far superior to what Diablo 3 is now, in terms of complexity and class building. Of course D3 still has the best engine but... the rest is lacking.

All that said, I may eventually get the Necromancer, if they give 2 more character slots with that DLC, and the price isn't ridiculous. If I have to delete my mothballed characters, forget it.

News Comments > Diablo Turns 20
1. Re: Diablo Turns 20 Jan 1, 2017, 14:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Congrats, how much is the Necromancer DLC for D3 going to be?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 31, 2016, 18:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nimh wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 13:57:
The choice of words being used is so critical to this story. The argument was whether they were involved in social engineering via. the selective release of leaks/emails/whatever during the campaign. Now that argument is whether they tampered with election equipment/process? Was anyone even trying to prove that one?

People are confusing stories here. The FBI/CIA/White House all claim that the DNC(Democratic National Committee) was hacked, particularly their email servers. They have ample proof, of which they have only made some parts public, so as to hopefully preserve future advantage.

Somehow, that got reported multiple times (incorrectly) that the election process itself was hacked by foreign powers. No official source has ever made that claim, aside from Donald Trump complaining about the election being rigged before voting commenced.

The released emails no doubt had influence on the election, but not directly on voting machines. Hacks on the Email servers, not directly on election machines, for the PURPOSE of influencing the election, is the claim by the FBI/White House/CIA.

The real wrinkle of course, is that most of these Diebold voting machines CAN be hacked pretty easily remotely or in person, as shown in the past 8-10 years(look up Diebold voting machines for most states basically), but that was not the claim that RUSSIA did it this particular year.

Anyway, welcome to the largest example of failed democracy(I know, democratic republic) in the world, if you live in the US.

The arstechnica article has claims by several security researchers (who do not have all the information the government agencies do) that the evidence is not concrete proof so far that Russia State agencies were responsible, but it's unrealistic to assume the public will ever get all the information the government has on the hacks.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 30, 2016, 22:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, I hope Mann's legal team fucking crucifies these assholes. No doubt this whole thing will get swept under the rug though, one way or another.  

3141 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo