Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3511 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > AMD Threadripper Pricing Unveiled
13. Re: AMD Threadripper Pricing Unveiled Jul 14, 2017, 18:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm at least a couple years away from my next gaming desktop, but I'm glad AMD is at least starting to get their shit together. By the time I'm ready to build something new, AMD will hopefully have a competitive line of CPUs and Radeon GPUs to go.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Trailer
2. Re: Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Trailer Jul 14, 2017, 18:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

This actually looks really good, but wow, apparently I've missed literally hundreds of Naruto episodes. Who the hell are half of these people?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Man trapped in an ATM Jul 14, 2017, 18:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell, that article needs more info. I guess he's required to close the door? That seems inherently unsafe. At least tell a bank employee to check on him after 10 minutes or something? Ugh. Texas too, it could be 120 degrees outside.

Re: Mars, a sustained Mars colony with humans living there is not feasible right now, financially or from an engineering standpoint. Any 'colonists' would be dead of radiation exposure unless they build the entire thing deep underground, and that kind of construction simply cannot be done right now on another planet, without bankrupting us.

News Comments > Evil Within 2 Story FAQ
2. Re: Evil Within 2 Story FAQ Jul 14, 2017, 18:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

PHJF wrote on Jul 14, 2017, 11:28:
You donít need to have any prior knowledge of The Evil Within in order to jump into The Evil Within 2 and understand the conflict and setting

Nobody who played Evil Within understood the conflict or setting. It was a bunch a fucked-up Inception style shit involving brain jacking machines and time travel and mind melding bull shit.

Short version of the Evil Within story: 99% of it takes place in their minds while they are unconscious and plugged in to said brain jacking machines.

So basically you are running around scrounging for ammo and supplies in some weird subconscious corners of your character's mind, that somehow wants to punish himself(yourself?) with constant terror and tension.

All that aside, I loved The Evil Within, and I'll get tEW2 unless they really fuck up somehow.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 13, 2017, 14:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

I don't know why they didn't promote it more, but the Netflix Castlevania series was written by Warren Ellis, of massive comic fame (Transmetropolitan, The Authority, etc.)

I read that, then watched the series immediately. The first episode is STRONG, the other three were weaker, but I'll definitely watch their next arc of the series.

Comic Book + Castlevania fans should be more interested now, for that small portion of the population.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2017, 23:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2017, 21:30:
That looks pretty lame but the asians do make some crazy ass action flicks I'll give them that. If you've never seen The Raid Redemption it's a must watch. Still one of the best action flicks I've ever seen. It's just so cray cray in a good way.

Yup, I've seen The Raid as well as Raid 2, which is arguably even more insane. I liked them enough to actually buy them on Blu-Ray, which I almost never do anymore, get hard copies that is.

There will always be a soft spot in my heart for any sort of martial arts/gun battle/crazy action film, even though there is definitely a lot of chaff to sift through to get to the good stuff.

1. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2017, 21:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

That looks pretty awesome, although clearly they ripped off Hardcore Henry for some of the first person perspective scenes. For the record, I thought Hardcore Henry was cool, but I also got motion sickness after awhile in the theatre trying to watch it.

I'll go see the Villainess though, I'm pretty sure I'm required to by international treaty.

News Comments > Redeemer Next Month
1. Re: Redeemer Next Month Jul 12, 2017, 21:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, it's looking really good; I've had this on my Steam Wishlist for awhile, but I'll most likely buy it on Gog.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm loving this resurgence of Smash-TV/Robotron games lately: TormentorXPunisher, Nex Machina and now Redeemer... my old school arcade itch is satiated.

News Comments > Thief of Thieves Announced
1. Re: Thief of Thieves Announced Jul 6, 2017, 21:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

That's a great comic, that seems like it is not going to translate well to a game.

This video seems mediocre at best.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 11 This Month
3. Re: Diablo III Season 11 This Month Jul 6, 2017, 10:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

There's nothing wrong with Diablo 3 in the short term, it's after you put in a hundred hours or so you see how truly shallow it is. Arguably at that point you've gotten your money's worth, I know, but old school Diablo fans were expecting more depth and longevity, or at least modding would have been nice to fix Blizzard's design decisions.

It's a shame, the engine is beautiful, and the art/sound people put in a ton of great work. The game could still be salvaged with an overall number crunch; get rid of the billions of damage, and make non-set builds viable. Then there truly would be some variety.

As it is now, D3 is basically ARPG-lite.

News Comments > West of Loathing Next Month
1. Re: West of Loathing Next Month Jul 6, 2017, 09:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game probably won't be my cup of tea, but it got me thinking; how long is it going to be before 'retro' or 'minimalist' developers try to bring back Pong-level graphics?

I mean there are already a few abstract games that get close to 80's arcade games, but nobody has the balls apparently to go full Pong.

News Comments > Independence Day Legal Briefs
7. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2017, 14:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 13:48:
I have a question about this. If "Trump's people" get the publicly available data, which I assume they will at some point. Since it is publicly available, I'd assume the Ds could get it too. My question is, what is the concern? What nefarious thing is it people are afraid will happen? I guess they could manipulate the data to support voter id laws? Is that the worry? I'm not saying there shouldn't be concerns, I'm just not sure what they are.

Voter intimidation and suppression is the most likely result. Public condemnation of people who didn't vote Trump, etc.

Gerrymandering is already pretty terrible in most states, although I am sure it could always get worse.

Also, Blue: The link actually says 44 not 41 states, although it might have been updated after you posted it.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 1, 2017, 18:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 13:08:
What's the over/under until hackers have a workaround? 34 hours?

Reading the article, this sounds like less of a Ransomware defense and more like an attempt to force software developers to pay to get their programs whitelisted/put on the MS Store.

Everybody on Bluesnews should be dropping Windows ASAP, really. Pick your flavor of Linux for work, keep a Windows machine for gaming and nothing else, ready to be wiped at all times.

And offline backups. Sheesh.

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed
26. Re: StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed Jul 1, 2017, 09:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 03:54:
3-4 year ago I'd say yeah, Bliz hasn't come up with anything unique, original, or even good in over a decade...

But then came Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, and Hearthstone.

Not saying they're amazing games, but on the "new IP" front Bliz did kinda double their portfolio in the last 3-4 years, from running utterly stagnant for 10 years prior. That's something.

Well, true, they did make new IPs. Arguably though, all those games are either blatant ripoffs or minor deviations from established games. Still, they are popular and new for Blizzard, I'm just not into those gametypes.

I'd settle for news that Blizzard is working on Warcraft 4 and Diablo 4, and skips the rest of the "Remastered Classics" phase that studios seem to be doing for (relatively)easy nostalgia money. Not necessarily new IPs, but ideally as much of a progression from Warcraft 2 to Warcraft 3.

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed
3. Re: StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed Jun 30, 2017, 11:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 10:47:
You know, $15 is really not a bad price. I might just bite at that.

Well, I am sure they put in a decent amount of work, and I loved loved Starcraft back in the day, but I think I'll pass. Blizzard seems even more greedy than usual lately, and way less creative than the old days. Clearly that is subjective, but I think I'm going to stick to new games and skip the remasters for awhile.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 29, 2017, 23:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 21:51:
Now look at all the bullshit involved in that. That is not a group of people you give dime one to. You're a fucking fool if you do.

Haha, I clicked on that link expecting an involved process, and was not disappointed.

I have to imagine it's hard for them to do refunds at this point simply because most of the money is already spent on office buildings and hookers.

I'm still leaning towards Star Citizen being a major focus for Psychology studies in 10-15 years.

2. Re: Into the Black Jun 29, 2017, 22:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Never has a director needed a good writer more.

Visually, Blomkamp is one of the best. As a writer? Ugh. Gather up a handful of middle school kids and they'll produce a better script half the time.

Come up with a basic idea, and how it's going to look, then STEP BACK, Blomkamp. Let a real writer(or two) in there.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re:Toxicity Comparison Jun 29, 2017, 21:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

That video, while not the greatest CG ever obviously, is extremely interesting. I had no idea that botulism toxin was that dangerous, and the scale of everything... wow. Very well done.

News Comments > Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today?
8. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 21:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rattican wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 21:27:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 18:22:
Disney doesn't know what the hell they're doing with Star Wars,
Sure they do - they know what's needed to make fat stacks of cash. That's all they care about. They didn't acquire the Star Wars franchise for artistic merit after all.

Basically this. Even Lucas was all about the money with Star Wars... merchandising beyond belief, byzantine licenses and releases on various formats, this is an IP that has classically been exploited to the fullest.

Don't get me wrong, I love the original trilogy, but I since the two recent films I've really had to step back and reexamine the entire franchise. After I got over my anger and elation on various failings and successes in the two films.

I'll watch the Last Jedi for sure, probably try to avoid watching the Han Solo ret-con in the theatre, but I'm not expecting any great plot work. Disney is doing the same thing they are doing with most of the Marvel movies, maximizing profit across the globe, not trying to please the hardcore fans.

More on topic: I have SWBF from a sale also, but no Alpha SWBF2 key for me, as far as I can see. Not that I'd alpha/beta test for those jokers, but still.

News Comments > Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer Released
12. Re: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer Released Jun 28, 2017, 09:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

two stash stabs in addition to the 10 total before, if you bothered to play Seasons 5 times? Bringing the total to 12?

Or Two stash tabs, up to a max of 10, for people like myself who ignored Seasons completely?

I'm halfway tempted to get this, but $15 seems like an insult.

3511 Comments. 176 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo