Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3269 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Mar 19, 2017, 00:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rigs wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 19:18:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 16:07:
The changes they keep putting in are interesting enough to me that I still want to buy it, when it gets to about $9.99 or so. They really need to stop selling it for $39.99 to $59.99.

So 'demo' that shit, mate! It's like 4gb's total, nothing on a good connection. Then you can decide if you want to spend the cash...

=-Rigs-=

I'm past that stage; also I have enough to play as it is. Once they get off their high horse and drop the price, I'll get it most likely.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Mar 18, 2017, 16:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

The changes they keep putting in are interesting enough to me that I still want to buy it, when it gets to about $9.99 or so. They really need to stop selling it for $39.99 to $59.99.

News Comments > Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items
6. Re: Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items Mar 17, 2017, 21:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Descender... I'm still waiting for that patch that brings me back.

Maybe when they finally address the sets vs legendary power gap. Sometime in 2025 or so at this rate.

They still haven't added auto pick-up of crafting mats/deaths breaths etc. after 5+ years.

I'm playing Grim Dawn and hoping whatever upcoming ARPGs(Vikings, Wolcen:Lords of Mayhem) turn out well in the meantime.

*EDIT* Typing omission... can't type and try to watch two youtube videos simultaneously.

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2017, 22:25.

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
9. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 17, 2017, 14:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 10:32:
I fear that the quake death match or team death match genre is dead.

Hopefully this proves me wrong but these days we have a whole generation of idiot gamers that won't appreciate this.

I don't know, the 6-7 people who still play Titanfall 2 might appreciate a DM style game.

News Comments > Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items
1. Re: Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items Mar 17, 2017, 14:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Then, when you get sick of Primal Ancients, we will release Exotic Primal Ancients, with even bigger numbers, and 0.1% chance of the Primals to drop! Aren't you thankful!?

It's so embarrassingly clear they have their fourth or fifth stringers on the Diablo team at this point.

News Comments > Outlast 2 Refused Classification In Australia
4. Re: Outlast 2 Refused Classification In Australia Mar 16, 2017, 17:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kobalt wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 17:08:
Check out resident evil 7. It goes from from amnesia to well...resident evil real quick.

Yeah, it's in my steam wishlist, hopefully it goes on sale in the upcoming(?) spring sale, or something.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 16, 2017, 17:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 22:42:
Yeah, I grabbed that bundle for Verminard but really quite like Turmoil and Eisengard so far too.

Jotun is really nice also, arguably a beautiful game in terms of art and music. Control is good, but I must be getting old, I used to dominate games like this, and I'm struggling with Jotun.

I hear Valhalla Hills is fun too, but I haven't started playing it yet. Same for Verdun, for all the people who felt BF1 is too arcadey, Verdun is the more sim-ish version of a WW1 shooter.

It looks like they added 3 games since I bought it as well, although I already owned Void Destroyer.

Now all I need is the time to play all these games I keep buying on sale/in bundles...

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Mar 16, 2017, 17:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, videos like this make me sick to my stomach.

Why the fuck do people get close to high speed trains, even if there was no snow there? That thing wouldn't stop for a buick, let alone your little meatbag body. Get the fuck back.

Same thing happens in subways, people either want to look at the fucking train coming or are in a hurry and want to get on. BACK UP. Nobody wants to see you get mangled to death, and THEN have to go to work.

News Comments > Outlast 2 Refused Classification In Australia
1. Re: Outlast 2 Refused Classification In Australia Mar 16, 2017, 16:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I liked the first Outlast, but I think I'm getting close to my limit for games where you cannot fight back at all.

the Amnesia series, SOMA, Outlast, Alien:Run for Your Life, etc. I need a new action-horror series, like Dead Space 1 and 2, or hell, even the first FEAR game.

More on topic, I didn't realize Australia had this sort of strict censoring for games, that sucks.

Not that it should matter, most people down there are probably constantly fighting for their lives vs kangaroos and platypuses anyway.

News Comments > Prey Typhon Trailer
3. Re: Prey Typhon Trailer Mar 16, 2017, 14:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 13:31:
You throw in a multiplayer mode where you have mimics vs humans (like the Half Life mod) and I'm in.

Shoot the coffee mugs! And every office chair, those devious chairs...

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content
13. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content Mar 15, 2017, 15:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Tumbler wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 15:06:
I'm curious to pick this up eventually, I'm feeling more like $10 is fair. Happy to wait.

Feeling the same way about DoW3 at this point.

I feel the same way, unfortunately. What is it about the Warhammer license that seems to curse most games that are involved with it? Post Dawn of War 1, there's been a lot of chaff to separate from the wheat, it seems.

I was pretty psyched about DoW3 to begin with too, but they keep asking their beta testers about MOBAs and other crap, it's making me nervous.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content
2. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content Mar 15, 2017, 10:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sheesh, at this rate it's going to take them another year to patch this game up enough to make it what it should have been.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 14, 2017, 10:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

I got a little excited when I saw the title, assuming this was a Battletoads remake. Nope. Not that it doesn't look interesting in its own right, just now I'm depressed about no new Battletoads homage.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 12, 2017, 18:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 13:32:
Not even Wildlands can push CSGO off the charts.

The number of repeatedly caught cheaters in CS:GO has got to be utterly ridiculous at this point. Obviously they should start banning by accounts, but those repeat offenders probably just make a new Steam account every time anyway.

Humanity.

4. Re: Into the Black Mar 12, 2017, 12:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

El Pit wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 04:43:

Ash - Driven by AMDs Bullsh... ehm... Bulldozer cpu. When under stress, he breaks down and starts killing people.

It's probably been 10+ years since I've watched Alien, but I swear Ash doesn't malfunction, he begins killing because he is ordered to by the company. The Aliens universe has gone back and forth a few times with androids basically following Asimov's laws and just being straight up robots who will comply with any order from their controllers, especially in the comics. Nerd OCD objection is over, continue.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2017, 00:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Gog Spring sale is winding down, but there are some nice games for sale on there, if people haven't taken a look yet.

I picked up a handful, and just finished playing through Mother Russia Bleeds, which is basically nostalgia ammo for people who loved Streets of Rage, Double Dragon and/or Captain Commando back in the day.

Controls are pretty good even on keyboard, combat is fun, health regen system is interesting, dialogue is... passable , storyline is acceptable and the art is high quality pixel work. I loved the art style, but it may be a deal breaker for peopel who are sick of the pixels.

*Fair warning: I can easily see some parts of the game becoming rage inducing...there is some reasonably tight timing/movement required in some areas.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC
9. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 9, 2017, 15:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

I played through the first mission this afternoon, Easy mode of course, with a Templar. I'm pretty impressed by the detail and size of the maps, but I don't get the whole Tome mechanic. It's just extra experience? But it takes up a health slot? If you get all 3 do you just get more experience or does it turn into loot or something? I'll read up on it.

I won the game easily with bots, tried a multiplayer game, also on "Easy," holy shit, people ran off and died, got captured by rats, blew through the health potions/packs with ease, etc.

I wish there was a better sound indication for a headshot, or a cursor color change or something, but aside from that, pretty interesting so far. I looted a green one-handed axe for the Templar, with a special ability, but only from the finished solo game. I take it if you die(like we did in random multiplayer) that you get nothing basically, aside from materials?

*EDIT* Tome = Extra loot dice, easy enough. I assume veteran players will know where the hell the tomes actually are on each map, I found one so far out of 3 on the horn map.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2017, 02:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

NamecaF wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 00:52:
International House of Pancakes? Never heard of it. Is that just another American thing where they consider themselves the centre of the universe and there's nothing international about it?

Whoa whoa whoa, the USA has numerous, glaring flaws, but IHOP is a sacred institution! Where else can you go for high carb breakfast food at any time of day or night, and get into a drunken fist fight to burn off some of those calories?

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC
3. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 8, 2017, 15:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 12:19:
Great game. Better than L4D at least for PvE. Would be even better if they added a PvP mode.

Isn't this game a bit grindy, with random class based loot drops at the end of missions, or something along those lines? I've thought about trying to get my coop group to get into this a couple of times, whenever it's on sale, but I hear the grind (and community) is rough.

Thoughts?

*EDIT* Wow that Humble bundle up now is a bargain, I'll probably just get it regardless, how necessary are these map pack DLCs?

3. Re: Into the Black Mar 7, 2017, 08:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

afka Rossini wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 23:01:
The Star Wars/Calvin and Hobbes mashups really tickled me. The artist does a great job of capturing the look and the fun of the Watterson cartoon. Now I've gotta dig up my old C&H collections.

Watterson is a true artistic genius. I liked these Star Wars homage comics too, but it also reminded me of the decades of ripoffs that stole Bill Watterson's work... all those Calvins pissing on a Chevy symbol/or whatever else, etc. I don't think he ever bothered to sue either, he's pretty much withdrawn from the world.

Still, this guy, Kesinger, released all his SW/CH comics for free as far as I know; as long as he keeps doing so, keep making them, I say.

3269 Comments. 164 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo