Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4085 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 8, 2018, 19:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

I've joked about it for years, but really, George RR is going to literally die before he finishes a Song of Ice and Fire.

I honestly think he's just written himself into a corner at this point, and doesn't even want to try to finish it. The show will end because they are going to kluge some shit together and just make the final season, but you saw how well that worked for the last season.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Get Totally Accurate Battlegrounds for Free
5. Re: Get Totally Accurate Battlegrounds for Free Jun 7, 2018, 22:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

I downloaded this, played around in the shooting gallery for a bit(the guns surprisingly feel great, physics modeling is fun > realism, obviously) but I can't get into a game. It says there are like 10,000 people or so in the US, on three servers, can't actually get into a game though.

News Comments > Generation Zero Announced
4. Re: Generation Zero Announced Jun 7, 2018, 21:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slashman wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 19:50:
Why 80s Sweden?

An excuse to play 80s music, and have sick ass mullets.

Game looks somewhat interesting... I'm always on the lookout for a decent coop game for the coop group.

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
61. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 7, 2018, 14:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 13:01:
Valve should curate game based on quality, but not on content.

That would allow them to filter out 95% of the asset flippers.

Also, I agree getting rid of the trading card meta game would go far in reducing the crap.

Well I agree in theory, but you're still requiring Valve to devote some employees to filtering their games for quality, and I can picture dozens of desks rolling away from that job at Valve headquarters.

Also, yes, the trading cards on Steam are utterly pointless to people who actually play games for fun, and exist only to prey upon the OCD/gambling natures of people and make money for Valve.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Getting Solo Content
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Getting Solo Content Jun 6, 2018, 23:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

I bought SWBF2 on sale awhile back.. the game is gorgeous. Gameplay is.. okay.

I'll check this out though, next week.

Donald Glover Lando should be cool at least.

News Comments > Get Fortified for Free
4. Re: Get Fortified for Free Jun 6, 2018, 23:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice. Speaking of free games, Gog Connect has another set of games up, if you want to add some Steam titles to Gog for free right now.

News Comments > Diablo III Introducing Themed Seasons
9. Re: Diablo III Introducing Themed Seasons Jun 6, 2018, 12:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Darks wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 12:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 11:29:
VaranDragon wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 11:04:
Darks wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 10:45:
Truthfully, I'm really looking forward to Diablo 2 enhanced. I really hope its good a good enhanced version.

Say what?

There have been rumors that following Starcraft 1 Enhanced they'll enhance Diablo 2, but i doubt it, all sprites are made for 800x600

Not Rumors, its happening, they were even hiring some people earlier this year. But this is going to take a year or so to get completed. So, I doubt we will see or hear about this for a while yet.

Ugh. Well, I know they'll make a boatload of money, but that seems like a waste of time and effort. Diablo 2 was pretty good in the day, and great with mods, but wow is it primitive if you go back and actually objectively look at it now. Also, everybody who liked it already put in 1000+ hours into the game.

Hopefully they're also working on Diablo 4 with another team.

News Comments > Battlefield V Specs Erroneous
3. Re: Battlefield V Specs Erroneous Jun 5, 2018, 22:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I sure hope they aren't planning on Windows 10 only, insane specs... my gaming desktop is only a few years old, but I'd hate to get some last minute nonsense preventing me from easily building sandbag forts across the entire map at 3AM.

News Comments > Blizzard Reveals "Unannounced Diablo Project"
1. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 5, 2018, 22:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hopefully it's Diablo 4, and not:

A Battle Royale game with Diablo characters,
A MOBA,
A Rogue-Like/Rogue-Lite anything.

News Comments > Battlefield V Details
17. Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 5, 2018, 11:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 11:39:
VaranDragon wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 04:53:
Will there be a hardcore mode? (You need to use Iron Sights, and Soldiers aren't bullet sponges)

If they implement it in this game, I might even be tempted to buy it. A BF game hasn't tempted me in a very, very looooong time.

BF4 has classic mode and so does Bad Company 2. Sadly the latter has low population and the former barely no one plays classic without also some serious vehicle and weapon restrictions.

BF1 for the record, has effectively the same thing via server settings: period correct weapons only, 200% bullet damage, etc. There are actually a ton of 'hardcore' BF1 servers for whatever reason. Although ironically hardcore is easier, since every gun is almost 1 hit kill, but I digress.

News Comments > Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale
19. Re: Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 5, 2018, 11:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 10:02:
Anyway, what should I buy for free Sunless Sea?

Will I hate Divinity: Original Sin? I feel like probably. Maybe Shadow Warrior II, even though I thought SW1 kind of sucked. Maybe Lego Harry Potter and try to convince the GF to play with me. Maybe West of Loathing, since I feel like I played Kingdom of Loathing a decent amount back in... 03?

Or just buy Megarace, Syndicate, and Interstate 82.

Will you hate D:OS !?!? Have you gone plum loco!? D:OS and D:OS2 are great RPGs, with great turn based combat systems. D:OS was a little rough on day one of release, but it's been remastered/patched/whatever quite a bit, and is a truly excellent RPG now.

All of those choices are great, although I'd give Shadow Warrior 2 the lowest priority, personally. I enjoyed it, but they tried to do too much with too low a budget, I think.

News Comments > Does Vampyr Suck?
9. Re: Does Vampyr Suck? Jun 5, 2018, 11:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Darks wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 10:28:
Its looks good and all, and I really dig he old London feel, but the combat seems to get a bit repetitive after a while. Have to grab this when its on sale next year.

Vampire the Masquerade is still my all time favorite game.

Redemption, or Bloodlines? *Disclaimer: I loved both, in spite of their flaws, but I feel you get bonus points if your answer is Redemption.

13. Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 22:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 20:29:
I've been thinking about this since the trailer. If you watch the trailer right after the player goes into FPS mode and picks up the MG42, he slides on the ground and empties the clip. If you notice the screen isn't jumping around at all, but the gun is definitely shaking. There's no HUD so we don't know if the crosshair will be jumping around (I assume it will), but I think that it's clear that what's happening on screen is indicative of how it will look in the final product. Screen looks like it's on a gimbal, perfect.

The more I view that whole video, the crazier it all seems. The first time I watched it, I was convined it was 90-100% CGI cut scene and/or pre-rendered/scripted sequences. Now I think they just had employees playing out the characters(most likely to a loose script), but it was (mostly?) captured 'live' inside the engine. The technology jump in our lifetime for games is mind boggling.

If the structure building is at all cool and complex though, I'm going to be multiple weeks behind the majority of players in terms of unlocks. I'm going to be building semi-random shit all over the map, every game.

It's hard not to be a little hyped up for this one.

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Next Month
4. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Next Month Jun 4, 2018, 22:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah yes, Red Faction: Smash the entire world with a Hammer.

Unfortunately this game is so old I don't even have it on Steam or anything, I have it on DVD I think.

*EDIT* Nope, Gamersgate. Apparently Gamersgate owners are not going to get the remastered version for free.

2. Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 11:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

The changes sound amazing, and I'm sure the game will look and sound spectacular.

Although, I'm a little hesitant over their concept of completely removing random deviation for bullets... surely that can't mean that guns will be laser accurate? (With of course recoil, bullet drop and travel time, but still). Are they planning on having recoil make the cross-hairs jump around, but the bullets will still be 100% accurate to that moving cross-hair?

On the one hand, that'd be great from a skill standpoint, on the other hand, that'll be real annoying to have 40+ bipoded LMGs/sniper rifles everywhere every game.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 2, 2018, 17:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Law enforcement: perpetually surprised when some outside group/malicious agent uses the same or similar tools to conduct intelligence gathering/surveillance on people. "Hey, only we can do that..."

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 2, 2018, 17:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Of course it's possible to catch a falling person... the question is, did the falling guy's head get smacked into the side of the building at around 80mph after the fireman caught him around the legs? Better than hitting the street of course, I'm just curious how injured the guy was.

News Comments > NetEase Buys Bungie Stake
4. Re: NetEase Buys Bungie Stake Jun 2, 2018, 17:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Remember in the 80s when everybody was falsely worried about Japan owning buying/owning everything in the US? Well it'll be for real now, only it's going to be China. Don't get me wrong, this may end up being beneficial to Bungie customers, it's just clear that China is the emerging economic super power. We had our shot, USA.

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week
9. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week Jun 2, 2018, 02:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Borderlands/Destiny/The Division homage, with some Tribes-ish/Power Suit flavor... I'm still tentatively interested.

The Coop group got 100+ hours out of The Division, and this look like it at least has the potential to have some fun coop shooting going on.

EA seems to have maybe learned with BFV's announced mechanics to avoid gameplay changing lootboxes, maybe this game will come out and not be ruined? I'm sure there will be some cosmetic microtransactions in there somewhere, but maybe the game will succeed(in terms of fun/playability) in spite of those.

Coop fingers crossed.

News Comments > Detective Gallo Released
1. Re: Detective Gallo Released Jun 1, 2018, 20:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Gallo with a G? Jerry Gallo's Dead! I'm Jery Callo !"

4085 Comments. 205 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo