Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2918 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mafia III Released
19. Re: Mafia III Released Oct 8, 2016, 11:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Technical issues aside, everything else about this game sounds great. After a few patches this game should be pretty sweet.

Definite buy for me, but at this point I'll just wait for some patches and potential price drops. The queue really needs to get cleared out a bit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin
10. Re: In other news, Origin is once again... Oct 7, 2016, 12:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

?? What's with the resentment in this thread?

Origin is about as bad as Steam is these days, in other words, don't buy the junk, get the good deals if you're interested, and move on.

Dungeon Keeper is one of my favorite games, all time. I have it on Gog(and on original CD), but I'll probably get this Origin version too, because hey, why not?

Dungeon Keeper 2 is pretty great also, so really the majority of the series is good to great.

News Comments > Mafia III Framerate Concerns
26. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 7, 2016, 08:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rage and backpedaling, this will work nicely into the queue with a pretty deep discount in a month or two, mwahahaha!

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
3. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Oct 7, 2016, 06:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks great, and as always, looks like the player is hacking with all the powers they have.

I'll definitely play through this one with no kills(aside from story kills).

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer
3. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer Oct 6, 2016, 13:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

I almost bought this again recently, until I realized I had actually done the combo Kickstarter for Bard's Tale/Torment like a year ago. It has been awhile.

Still, I'm looking forward to this with great anticipation.

News Comments > Mafia III Trailer
3. Re: Mafia III Trailer Oct 5, 2016, 14:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 03:43:
Looks great! Also amazed at the crazy amount of major spoilers in these trailers, especially this one.

Yeah I figured there were spoilers, I clicked at a few random spots in the trailer and watched parts of it just to see some more engine views, basically.

Game looks good, avoiding spoilers and waiting to find some honest reviews post release will be the hard part.

News Comments > Mafia III Trailer
1. Re: Mafia III Trailer Oct 5, 2016, 01:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game looks better every time I see another trailer. I'm tempted to get it on release, but I've grown allergic to buying games at full price the past couple of years.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2016, 22:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 20:09:
Ghostbuster 2016. Not a bad movie. But could have been "fine" by fixing two things. 1) Different City, 2)Ackowledge the original Ghostbusters instead of ignoring them and then having the original cast play other characters in the movie.

You're probably right, but I think internet people got way too easily enraged about the whole thing. It's not like this is the first time Hollywood has redone a film, with a new cast, and some minor or even major changes.

Or attempted to rape our collective childhoods, ie. Michael Bay Transformers vs cartoon Transformers.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Oct 4, 2016, 21:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, not necessarily a 'bad' link, the one Blue posted links to a Gameinformer link with essentially the same story as your IGN link, but yes it is different from your submitted link.

Interesting, you'd think he would be inspired by... Westworld, the movie.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 4, 2016, 08:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 23:14:

There's still many times more good stuff than I can watch. Working my way through House of Cards currently, and still want to get to: Voyager S3+, rewatch of DS9, Bloodlines, Master of None, Luke Cage, DD S2, Prison Break, Amanda Knox, Penny Dreadful, Shameless, and Orange is the new Black. And I'm sure there's more if I go poking around.

Oh, there's definitely still several lifetimes' worth of content on Netflix, no doubt. I'm in a similar boat, for different series and movies, but my queue in Netflix is still like 300-400 items strong at this point.

Still, Netflix does mathematically have LESS content than 5+ years ago.

I look at Netflix like my Steam queue; if I win the lottery, maybe I can live long enough to watch/play all that media.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Arsenal Trailer
4. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Arsenal Trailer Oct 3, 2016, 20:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Saboth wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 20:12:
Game looks great, but I have to wonder if in 2016 they couldn't have come up with a different weapon system from Doom/Duke Nukem/Quake's "Shotgun", "Plasma Gun", "Chainsaw weapon", "Gatling Gun that runs out of ammo way too fast", etc.

Well, they aren't going to stray too far from the source material for the majority of the weapons. Terminators carry basically what you mentioned, plus some axes and swords and power fists.

Hopefully some level up perks or some other mechanic can give you more ammo though, that assault cannon looks like it'll be empty practically 5 seconds after you start shooting.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trailer
19. Re: bots Oct 3, 2016, 16:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 12:10:
Yeah they do have bot matches skirmish mode now, completely offline against bots. 32v32 iirc
Hopefully BF1 will do the same. It's a great way to learn the maps and have some "stress free" mp games.
One of the reasons I fire up CoD every now and then and play against the bots.

Well you are partially right, I went back and checked; there are skirmish options for Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron at least. None for the more 'Battlefield Style' modes like Supremacy though. Still, you can get the larger battles in those two modes. I tried a couple, the bots are borderline retarded about the objectives.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2016, 14:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, but will Marketplace have barely veiled offers for prostitution, and obvious psychos looking to murder you after you buy their items that wouldn't even sell at a garage sale? Somehow I doubt it'll have that classic Craigslist appeal.

Netflix down 50% in library size, I wonder how much licensing/fees have gone up on shows and movies, in an attempt by the older studios to cut into Netflix's profits? Regardless, it's clear to most people that Netflix is losing total content rapidly, especially if you don't use VPNs to get around their country/region restrictions.

News Comments > Farabel Trailer
5. Re: Farabel Trailer Oct 3, 2016, 14:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

This seems like one of those gimmicks that seems brilliant for about 5 minutes, then gets aggravating. Still, keep trying new stuff, game developers!

16. Re: bots Oct 3, 2016, 12:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 10:58:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 10:31:
I don't think they've had Bots in a Battlefield game since... BF1942? Maybe one or two after that? It's been awhile anyway.
They have bot matches in Battlefront

They have the coop survival modes, and scripted missions, but no all out match bots, as far as I can recall. I have like 6 hours into Battlefront though, so I may be wrong.

14. Re: bots Oct 3, 2016, 10:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

I think EA/DICE is committed to NOT going back to early Battlefield bot matches... they are far more interested in coercing/forcing (depending on your point of view) people into online multiplayer.

I don't think they've had Bots in a Battlefield game since... BF1942? Maybe one or two after that? It's been awhile anyway.

Just find an empty server, try driving tanks / flying planes/ riding horses etc. then jump on a populated server when you're ready. BF4 had a test range for checking gun patterns, they might do that here also.

If you vehemently against live multiplayer, then BF1 may not be for you, at least at release day retail price. The single player campaign will probably be very beautiful and extremely short, and never touched again by the vast majority of BF1 players. There will probably be BF4/SW:BF style coop missions, but even those get old real quick. The only longevity to this game will come from fun, mostly balanced, and hopefully deep multiplayer vs live opponents.

8. Re: Into the Black Oct 2, 2016, 17:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 15:22:
I continue to be stupidly excited for this. Between the amazing trailers, the fun beta and my love for the subject matter this is hitting all the right buttons. It feels like the change in time period back to the older style of warfare like in 1942 has given the devs a new wind.

Mostly the same, although I have no particular interest in WW1 as a game setting, the beta was a lot of fun, and it seems like DICE is interested in what they can do in this game. As always their trailers are ridiculously good. I got the standard edition so far(thanks for that link to the gmg discount, DangerDog!) although I'll probably give in and buy the Premium Pass near release.

All that said, I'm not going to watch this entire trailer. Watched about a minute, seems like it's from the campaign, stopped to avoid spoilers.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 2, 2016, 16:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

heroin wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 16:08:
Some people on Steam think that Osiris is the game for people who felt cheated by NMS

What the hell, that game looks great... but's it yet another Early Access build/survival game, I have more than a few of those in the Steam Library already that have simply never been finished. I'll keep an eye on it though.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 2, 2016, 15:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Battlerite? 2v2 top down battles? Not my game type, but interesting to see it doing well and getting high ratings in reviews.

And of course CS:GO, as always.

News Comments > Non-Lethal Dishonored 2 Trailer
10. Re: Non-Lethal Dishonored 2 Trailer Oct 1, 2016, 13:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Oct 1, 2016, 01:24:
sauron wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 10:50:
This looks really interesting. I think it's more challenging to play games like this and the DX series as non-lethal combatants. And the graphics look really nice as well. Might have to pick this one up when it comes out.

Also, as I get older, I prefer non or less-lethal options. As I age, simulated killing just gets less appealing to me.

Losing your bloodlust in your dotage? Never fear, start playing Battlefield(4 or eventually 1) or even CS:GO to get your rage back! You'll be trampling people with tanks or horses or AWPing them in the face in no time!

These kind of stealth-ish games though, I usually do non-lethal as I said earlier. It usually seems to fit the story better.

2918 Comments. 146 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo