Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2990 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 2 Next Year
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 Next Year Nov 2, 2016, 13:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Finally bought SW:Battlefont when it was on sale awhile back... the game is gorgeously underwhelming. I struggled to get 10 hours into it, just to see if I started to like their design decisions... nope.

Still, the engine and related tech is so good, I'll keep an eye on SW:BF2 to see if they actually make a worthwhile game this time around.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Stretch Goals Add Free Game
7. Re: Wasteland 3 Stretch Goals Add Free Game Nov 2, 2016, 12:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Redmask wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 07:52:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 21:54:
Hrm, did I back this? No it's on yet another crowd funding page and I was too annoyed to make an account. Still, I wish them success, and look forward to playing the game, I just don't know if I want to bother joining Fig.

It's like a 3 second process. Less if you use a password manager with a fill function. Of all the things to complain about.

Kickstarter hasn't exactly been wonderful so I'm happy to try something else that was started by devs.

Well, the other issue is they are listing Q4 2019 as the release date. That feels like basically they are saying they have done almost nothing on the game at this point. Still, the digital copy tier is $33. Because of the nature of Fig I'm tempted to put in a higher amount just to see what happens to my investment, but my cautionary side is thinking that's probably just throwing money away.

Fence Sitters unite! I have about 33 hours to decide, apparently.

*EDIT* Doh! Maximum investor limit reached. That's probably a good sign of legitimacy anyway, so $33 version it is, or nothing.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Spotted?
22. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Spotted? Nov 1, 2016, 22:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Graham wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 19:17:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 11:00:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 10:46:
bleh, too little, too late, really.

Grim Dawn and Path of Exile both have way more enjoyable and complex leveling and itemization, with only slightly worse engines.

Better get to work on Diablo 4, Blizzard.

Grim Dawn and Path of Exile weren't nearly as fun for me. I definitely want more Diablo. Don't care if it's an expansion or the fourth.

Path of Exile makes me want to slam my head into my desk every time my buddies insist on reinstalling it.

Path of Exile...I stopped playing because I felt the currency grind got out of hand several patches ago, but I like their skill systems.

Grim Dawn is great, they've added a ton to the game, and the Devotion system really fleshes out the weakness of the classic Titan Quest style skill point system. I'm still finding new legendaries and setting up new characters based around those drops.

Of course, no one is going to argue that D3 doesn't have a better engine than either GD or PoE, but what can you do? ARPGs aren't just about the graphics and physics.

News Comments > Steam Screenshot Policy Change?
10. Re: Steam Screenshot Policy Change? Nov 1, 2016, 22:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 20:54:
How is this not a good thing? I can't tell you how many games on the Steam Store have their 1st video as some sorta pre-rendered bullshit or montage that changed every half second,that shows nothing from in the game, and they do the same thing with screenshots.

Yup, decent change by Valve, plenty of bullshit screenshots these days.

Also; good policy change, 3 paragraph announcement? Halflife 3 confirmed.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Nov 1, 2016, 22:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hahehahohohahaha... dutch oven.

I have two cast iron skillets, and one wok. The cast iron wok is a bit heavy for classic wok moves, but it's giving me popeye forearms.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Stretch Goals Add Free Game
2. Re: Wasteland 3 Stretch Goals Add Free Game Nov 1, 2016, 21:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, did I back this? No it's on yet another crowd funding page and I was too annoyed to make an account. Still, I wish them success, and look forward to playing the game, I just don't know if I want to bother joining Fig.

News Comments > Steven Seagal Joins World of Warships
12. Re: Steven Seagal Joins World of Warships Nov 1, 2016, 14:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Eccentric wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 11:07:
But he's just a cook..

"My men can handle a dozen marines, and a hundred cooks!"

*Some time later, a man is impaled by a steel girder.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Spotted?
2. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Spotted? Nov 1, 2016, 10:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

bleh, too little, too late, really.

Grim Dawn and Path of Exile both have way more enjoyable and complex leveling and itemization, with only slightly worse engines.

Better get to work on Diablo 4, Blizzard.

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
4. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 30, 2016, 14:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 13:47:
The person who complained is not a native of myanmar. AKA people who travelled to myanmar can't play their EA games.

Not sure where you are getting that from, and those links to EA's help site have posts from Myanmar citizens who have also lost access to Origin.

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
1. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 30, 2016, 13:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

That'll teach you to reside in Mynanmar, you Myanmarians!!

Odd timing, after the second DDoS attack(last night) in the past week or so on Origin or their DNS, DYN. I highly doubt that the source of most of that traffic was from outside the continental US.

Otherwise, Myanmar Origin customers need to start emailing EA en masse that those sanctions no longer exist.

It will be extremely unfair if they are blocked permanently and cannot get refunds for past purchases; good luck, Myanmar.

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming
32. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 30, 2016, 10:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Just repeating a warning here, since this is a Windows 10 thread:

Spybot Anti-Beacon is not being updated. It's effectiveness is doubtful at this point.

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming
6. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 29, 2016, 14:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, SteamOS can't mature fast enough. Windows 10 is turning into a colossal customer abuse platform.

I'm going to be stuck with Windows 8.1 and whatever Valve gets motivated to put into SteamOS.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
1. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 29, 2016, 13:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sheesh, I thought I was doing pretty good, not too long ago, when I updated my drivers for Battlefield 1. They've since released like 3 drivers in the past week and a half.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend
1. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend Oct 27, 2016, 21:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, probably about 3 years too late for this game, unfortunately.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 27, 2016, 14:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 11:49:
I never understood the idea behind Mad Men. It might have been critically acclaimed, but it still tried to glorify a stupid drug dealer. I don't watch such trash.

Drug Dealer? Are you confusing Mad Men with Breaking Bad?

The only drugs Don Draper used were alcohol and his schlong on almost every woman on the show(sans his daughter).

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: Battlefield 1 - Horse vs Car Oct 27, 2016, 14:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Haha! Only in Battlefield!

So far people seem to slowly be getting the hang of actually moving up and capping flags, I had a couple of good games today.

Still plenty of snipers(excuse me, scouts) camping up in the hills and rubble though.

I would like a list of how many kills you need per level of a class though, I've got like 150+ Assault kills and I'm not even level 1? What the hell? Flag cap points definitely go towards your overall level, but not the class level? Ridiculous decision.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2016, 14:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

JayDeath wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 12:49:
The excitement of Westworld is fading for me. The last two episodes were painfully slow. Ep. 6 better wow me or I'm done with this show. There's too much quality television to waste time on average shows.

The pace of Westworld is definitely very slow, no debating that. Still, I find the show interesting, I just hope they aren't purposely drawing out the plot to space it out over 5-6 seasons.

News Comments > Fractured Space Celebrates Million Players
2. Re: Fractured Space Celebrates Million Players Oct 27, 2016, 13:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is the free to play one, right?

How bad is the grind for ships/weapons/crew or whatever?

I have been somewhat keeping my eyes on this and Dreadnought, but I have been distracted with Grim Dawn/BF1/Dragon Age:Inquisition, and now apparently Dreadnought's site is down.

I'll try this out eventually, but I'll be depressed if it turns into a huge xp grind/treadmill!

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 26, 2016, 22:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

What do you guys have against The Withering, it sounds kinda interesting.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
7. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 26, 2016, 20:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Step 1 for any recent GeForce drivers. AVOID installing the GeForce experience. Login based Bloatware, no thank you.

2990 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo