Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4311 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 11:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ahh, BF4, the best Battlefield. On the one hand, it's nice that EA is basically giving away all their older multiplayer games for free or at a massive discount, but hoo boy, I imagine the cheating situation is going to be insane for a few months.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Strange Brigade DLC and Free Maps
4. Re: Strange Brigade DLC and Free Maps Sep 12, 2018, 08:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

I was a little hyped up for this pre-release, glad I didn't buy into it at retail. Moving this to the $10 or less list.  

News Comments > Door Kickers: Action Squad Released
2. Re: Door Kickers: Action Squad Released Sep 10, 2018, 21:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

That looks pretty awesome actually, obviously somewhat derivative of Broforce, but I love that game.

Now, how do I convince any of the coop group to buy this...

News Comments > Battlefield V Beta Opens
42. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2018, 20:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 15:37:

none that I have noticed, on w10 with 1070 and obviously the same driver since it was forced*

What games did it break?

I shouldn't have said break, but Mad Max and BFV Beta became basically unplayable, didn't try many more. Pausing every 10-40 seconds or so, for a good 3-4 seconds. But, it's Windows 8.1, so maybe Nvidia half assed that driver.

I went back one driver version as I said and no issues, so hopefully it'll be fixed for whatever version comes after 399.07, if I give in and get BFV later.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 10, 2018, 20:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Way to film the death or maiming of your friend, buddy.

Pretty sure this clip is years old though... something about these videosift style sites, they are dredging up old clips all the time, acting as though they are brand new. It's strangely depressing.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews
18. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews Sep 10, 2018, 20:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Meh, I thought the reboot and the sequel were okay, well worth the 10 bucks or less I spent on each. I'll probably pick this up when it's under $10 as well, and murder thousands of henchmen in gruesome fashion, so I can Indiana Jones some chunks of carved stone or something.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 10, 2018, 20:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

I can't cringe hard enough at this entire story. Humanity, please. Try harder, or something.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 10, 2018, 20:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I may give in and finally pick up Deep Sky Derelicts... anybody have that game? Supposedly the full release is this month(September) ?

Anyway, about to add even more to the queue, as the world burns around us, as usual.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 10, 2018, 15:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Uwe Boll, questionable at best as a director, but a high master of tax loopholes and gathering funding.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 9, 2018, 18:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

J wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 15:34:
MORE GAMES WITH CAPS PLEASE. Said nobody, ever.

I thought we already established it a few weeks ago; if your game's name is ALL CAPS, it's instantly successful on Steam.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Re: Saturday Previews Sep 8, 2018, 12:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Accurrate article. It's been mostly downhill for BFV for me, since I found out Supports can't just build wherever the hell they want with their sandbags and gun emplacements.

Luckily we're in a golden age of RPGs and tactical squad games right now.

With a slight resurgence of coop vs horde games to boot.

News Comments > The End of Democracy?
1. Re: The End of Democracy? Sep 8, 2018, 12:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yes, yes it is.

Oh, you're talking about some game.

37. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 8, 2018, 12:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slightly off topic, but I had to install new drivers, 399.07 or something, for the BFV beta, and it made my GTX1070 stutter a fair amount. Rolled back one release(398.82), every other game runs fine, although of course I can't use the demo even if I still had it installed.

Anybody else get stuttering issues with that driver, 399.07? Windows 8.1 64bit.

Odds are they will release another driver after BFV release, but 399.07 broke several games for me. *Shakes fist at the sky*

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Free Weekend
1. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Free Weekend Sep 7, 2018, 15:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, The Division was pretty fun coop for about 100 hours or so, for my coop group, so try it if you haven't already.

It definitely wore out its welcome though, I'm glad I didn't buy it on release day. One of the coolest parts of the game(Dark Zone) is a bit of a hacker fest, but still, I'm looking forward to the Division 2. Just maybe not release day.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 7, 2018, 14:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 14:19:
Take a look at Tesla stock, make sure to expand it out to 1 month.
yikes

Yeah, it's a real shame. We(humanity) need some successful electric vehicle companies, as well as companies that are willing to risk time and money on 'riskier' research... Elon needs to get out of the public eye for like 6 months to a year and just fucking work.

News Comments > Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics Trailer
2. Re: Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics Trailer Sep 7, 2018, 12:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

El Pit wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 02:58:
Why does the enemy AI leave its fortified position and walk into the open to fire at the player's soldiers? Weird.

Yeah, that seems like a weird 'feature' although the developer describes it as trying to stay in the Shroud or whatever.

I'm mildly interested, but there are better X-Com clones out, as well as Phoenix Point coming out pretty soon. This is one of my favorite genres for games but there will be some serious competition for these guys.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2018, 16:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beaver rapist... what the ... why? Oh, meth.

The Big Bang Theory... fuuuck that show, punching down and laugh tracks, although to be fair I stopped watching after like season 2, so maybe it got way better or something.

Filthy Airports...basically anything lots of humans are around, becomes covered in pathogens. Not really surprising.

News Comments > DOOM Movie Reboot May Skip Theaters
11. Re: DOOM Movie Reboot May Skip Theaters Sep 6, 2018, 16:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 12:30:
Direct-to-DVD. Sounds like quality.

Well, Direct to Streaming these days doesn't necessarily mean it'll be bad, but yes, the pedigree of this studio does not bode well for quality here.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC This Month
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC This Month Sep 6, 2018, 16:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cool, these should be all out and patched up by the time I'm ready to play through PoEt2 again, and there are half a dozen RPGs to get through in the meantime.

11. Re: Battlefield V Beta Opens Sep 6, 2018, 16:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Tried it... was getting weird pauses every 40 seconds or so, making it almost unplayable.

Aside from that, seems like yet another Battlefield, got killed by random planes a couple times, shot up some other players(who are very hard to see for me), played with some ground vehicles, which seem to have very limited turret movement(realism!?) experienced a really annoying horn bug on an APC, ...and uninstalled.

Maybe I'll take another look after release, not overly impressed so far though. I may be just getting Battlefielded out though.

4311 Comments. 216 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo