Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2731 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Adds Hero
1. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Adds Hero Jul 13, 2016, 17:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

I loved OMD and OMD2. This pay to win, F2P, MOBA mess needs to die as soon as possible. Hopefully whoever was in charge of the first 2 games wakes up and makes a real Orcs Must Die 3 at some point.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 13, 2016, 14:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell is wrong with that generation... do you seriously need to take video of every second of your life? I'm irate because I almost got rear ended today by some kid in his early 20's, taking a selfie of himself as he drove his truck up behind me, stopped at a red light.

Also, get off my lawn.

News Comments > NECROPOLIS Released
7. Re: NECROPOLIS Released Jul 13, 2016, 14:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Steam reviews are pretty harsh... I'll wait a few patches and see how the game matures, + price drop.

News Comments > Splinter Cell for Free
6. Re: Surprise, 2003 game has 2003 graphics. Jul 13, 2016, 14:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is a nice move by Ubisoft, but they had a better total deal awhile back, 8 Tom Clancy games on one of the Humble Bundle pay what you want packages, I believe. 4 Splinter Cell games.

Looking forward to the rest of the free games though.

News Comments > DOOM Adds Vulkan Support
26. **BLUE** Bug in your Arma 3 post. It's under the DOOM news. Jul 12, 2016, 07:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

As subject says, HTML ERROR with the Arma 3 news post. It's not separate from the DOOM post, Blue.

*###################*
*#LOOK HERE! #*
*###################*

I should probably just send an email, but you know, bleh email.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 10, 2016, 23:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

christheshitter wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 19:15:
This is why the new Doom sucks monkey balls and i agree with him although i wouldn't call it a bad game but a bad Doom game

https://youtu.be/WkJMYRz8RMQ

I listened to about 3 minutes of that guy and had to turn it off. Annoying voice, laughable review. Of course, not everyone is going to like every game, but "DOOM is the worst fps experience ever" ? Please.

It's fine to dislike a game, but don't publicly dislike a game just to be 'edgy' or whatever.

News Comments > More Blood Revival Teasing
9. Re: More Blood Revival Teasing Jul 9, 2016, 15:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, good luck; a well done Blood sequel/revival/reboot etc. would be great!

It's been like 20 years since I played Blood, but I remember mostly being entertained by the weapon choices, the level design doesn't really stick out as particularly strong, etc. I'll try to remember to pick it up on Gog next time it's on sale.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: The Crazy Plan One Guy Used To Get The World's Highest Steam Level Overnight… Jul 9, 2016, 10:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

$13,000 on games he'll most likely never play, to get a Steam badge. This is why humanity is doomed, people.

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
12. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 7, 2016, 20:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Waiting for reviews, I'm in no rush to buy anything except perhaps BF1.

Hopefully this game exceeds the limitations of procedural design, but if not, oh well. This is pretty much the golden age of PC gaming, in terms of well made stuff to play right now.

News Comments > Evolve Going Free
8. Re: Evolve Going Free Jul 7, 2016, 01:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Placid wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 01:16:
At least its Evolving

*baduum tssssh*

News Comments > Out of the Blue
47. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2016, 00:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

20 years... shiiiiit, we're all old. Congratulations, Blue.

I know this account isn't very old, but I was reading this site back when it was basically about Quake 1, with occasional info about Netquake Team Fortress. On a 19.2kbaud data line.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jul 6, 2016, 21:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

I think I'm reaching peak saturation on Steam / Gog... didn't buy much at all this time around. I think I got LA Noire and Necrodancer on Steam this sale.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Air Combat Video
9. Re: Battlefield 1 Air Combat Video Jul 6, 2016, 21:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game looks freaking amazing. My jaw's not quite on the floor as I watch these videos, but I am definitely building a high end desktop fairly soon, for the sake of this game and future games like it.

Look at the blimp, damn! And the wreckage changes the layout of the map... and it's pilotable... must play BF1 immediately!

Master of tanks and apcs, master of infantry, mediocre to bad jet pilot, pretty good helo pilot in previous BF games. I suspect I'll die a lot flying around in these rickety paper death traps.

News Comments > Trials of the Blood Dragon Demo Can Unlock Full Game
1. Re: Trials of the Blood Dragon Demo Can Unlock Full Game Jul 6, 2016, 21:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting promotion... I'd probably try to get the full game if this was a game type I was more interested in. Not bad though, Ubisoft!

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2016, 22:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 21:46:
Wow, honesty does not pay apparently.

Cabbie Returns $187,000 left in cab

The act was its own reward. Ridiculous to expect a large cash award from somebody who is homeless, and lucked into that kind of money.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jul 5, 2016, 22:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, how the fuck do you mess up that trick? He had all the bags in HIS hands, and put them down himself. Ugh, embarrassing.  

News Comments > SEGA Acquires Amplitude
10. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 19:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Magnitude!

Oh wait, Amplitude. I own all their existing games but didn't enjoy them as much as I told myself I would, don't have many hours into any of them really.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2016, 12:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 12:36:
The 1902 invention of air conditioning has long been hailed as one of the most important inventions of the 20th century, one that has forever changed the way we live.

Yeah, I dunno about that. AC is nice but hardly necessary - for me at any rate. I'd argue that the really important inventions are the refrigerator and toilet paper. I could live without most modern trappings but not having a fridge and TP would really suck.

Depends on the climate... a lot of the world would be/and is an absolute humid hell without air conditioning. Definitely one of the most important inventions, not the most important invention of the 20th century.

Hooray, not so minor improvements in the quality of life!

News Comments > Nox for Free
17. Re: Nox for Free Jul 4, 2016, 08:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Regarding getting Nox to work in Windows 8.1 (and probably Windows 10 also):

In Origin, right click Nox, select Game Properties, add -w to command line, check box for Disable Origin Overlay in game.

viola, the Origin version should work. If you're still having issues, try creating a shortcut for game.exe (in the Nox game directory) and turning compatibility mode to Windows 98/Me.

Good luck, although it does not seem as though Nox saved games get sent to the Origin cloud.

*EDIT* Alt Tabbing will still cause errors when you go back to Nox, it seems.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2016, 17:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hopefully it's just one, and you don't have some massive swarm setting up shop in there.

Also, Rat Mom vs Snake video... look at that mammal go! Too fast and too mean for the reptiles by far.

2731 Comments. 137 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo