Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3626 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 6, 2017, 17:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 17:31:
What a bunch of morons. The only way to fix sex trafficking is to legalize like it is in Europe. Not the perfect solution, but it beats the hell out of anything these idiots come up with!

I think you mean legalize Prostitution. Even in countries where prostitution is legal, sex trafficking(sometimes of minors) is still a crime, and still a problem. Example: Australia. Legal prostitution, and they still have sex trafficking going on. Slavery, basically.

That said, this law is a broad scope attack by conservative politicians, and will not only be abused, but do nothing to stop actual sex trafficking of minors around the world. Police(some) and groups working against sex trafficking have already publicly expressed their disagreement with the proposed law.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2017, 23:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting discussion here, but you're all missing the most important thing: that He-Man and Skeletor video is the greatest (new) thing you can see on the internet right now.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 5, 2017, 23:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bard wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 18:48:
I think the CIA and NSA has done far more to undermine our security than Kapersky.

I work in IT security. I KNOW how many times I've had to deal with their shit, compared to Kapersky related stuff.

You aren't wrong, but that doesn't mean Kapersky isn't also a security risk.

Luckily they aren't the only AV company around.

For the average home user, use whatever AV floats your boat. Government agencies shouldn't be running Windows in the first place, but if they do, they should definitely be using something else for anti virus. Same goes for any company that wants to protect it's IP... stop using Windows, numbskulls.

News Comments > Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute "Silly"
21. Re: Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute Sep 5, 2017, 17:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

nhil wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 12:02:
I'll ignore the implicit assumption that MP was something that only Quake had. But I was making MP-only maps for Doom before it was released, not to mention the many Doom based MP services for non-local play (that were included in later version setups).

Exactly... users were making multiplayer Doom maps from probably late 1993? or early 1994, and on through Doom 2. Rise of the Triad in 1994 had multiplayer only maps also as well, as Romero and Tom Hall mentioned.

Not sure why Willits got into this shit when it's easy to see prior art, retail or modded.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Microtransactions?
20. Re: Destiny 2 Microtransactions? Sep 5, 2017, 01:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slightly off topic: Unreal Tournament (the new one) is still in pre-alpha, apparently.

This, right?

News Comments > Black Isle Studios Postmortem
1. Re: Black Isle Studios Postmortem Sep 3, 2017, 18:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting, even if I already knew a lot of this from other interviews.

Minor headline correction: Bioware was mostly responsible as developer for BG1 and BG2, Black Isle was just the publisher. Fallout 2, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, Planescape: Torment are all Black Isle developed projects though.

So many studios go through this sort of financial collapse, and most are far less talented than Black Isle was. A rough industry.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2017, 18:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Saboth wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 16:27:
I bought XCom 2 last year, but didn't install it until a few weeks ago. Played it for about 5 hours then uninstalled it. Didn't like the timed missions, and didn't like the overall countdown to the dark events that weaken you with negatives over time.

If you liked XCOM, I'd recommend you give XCOM2 another try. Worst case scenario, you can install one of the mods that removes or greatly increases the timers. For the most part, the timers are doable, and later missions have no timers. Dark Events do give negative attributes, but usually you can push back the event with successful missions/raids, or minimize it.

XCOM/XCOM 2 are really impressive even vanilla, and both have healthy mod scenes that can tailor the games further to your liking.

Somewhat on topic: I'll get War of the Chosen at some point, probably going to run through D:OS 2 first though.

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Update Next Month
1. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Update Next Month Sep 3, 2017, 13:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

As powerful as a console? I swear, this year just keeps getting more and more bizarre. People say the most insane shit with a straight face, I can't even fathom it anymore.

News Comments > High Hell Announced
8. Re: High Hell Announced Sep 3, 2017, 12:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm. Looks like a pass for me, which is unusual for Devolver Digital titles.

Enter the Gungeon, I thought that was pretty good to be honest. Gang Beasts seems to be aiming for perpetual Early Access though, although the concept is hilarious. Heavy Bullets looked like crap to me, skipped it.

Devolver will get some cash out of me for Ruiner though, in less than a month.

News Comments > Road Rage Next Month
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 2, 2017, 15:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 2, 2017, 05:02:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 13:13:
Whoops, when I first read this, I thought they meant Road Redemption...which apparently is going to be in Early Access forever.

These guys have a lot of balls, using the original Road Rage name; I hope their game turns out to be awesome, mostly for my sake, but for theirs too.

The original was Road Rash. I don't recall any other games with the name Road Rage.

Oops, nice catch. yeah Road Rash, hey I played it like 25 years ago on Sega Genesis.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Trailer
10. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Sep 1, 2017, 13:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 03:15:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 23:18:
Very nice trailer, but fuck these guys for their PC content delay plan.

I literally just found out that the console versions are coming out in a few days, I'm fine with an October release for PC. At least it's not like GTA V where it was 1.5 years after the initial launch...

It's not just this initial delay, they are withholding content from the PC version for 1 year or more, they've already stated that. (vs the PS4 version)

The PC version of the game will basically never be complete. It will always be a year or more behind the PS4 version. For comparison, the Xbox version of Destiny 1 is STILL missing content that the PS4 version has had.

I could live with the October 24th release if that was all that was going to be delayed.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Character and CE Unveiled
3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Character and CE Unveiled Sep 1, 2017, 13:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

We're living in the next golden age of RPGs, gentlemen(I'd say and ladies, but this is bluesnews). A resurgence that's probably better than the BG2 era, to be honest.

It's just too bad the real world is complete shit right now.

Could the two be connected?

News Comments > Road Rage Next Month
7. Re: Road Rage Next Month Sep 1, 2017, 13:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Whoops, when I first read this, I thought they meant Road Redemption...which apparently is going to be in Early Access forever.

These guys have a lot of balls, using the original Road Rage name; I hope their game turns out to be awesome, mostly for my sake, but for theirs too.

I can't remember seeing any in-game footage of this at all though... not the best sign.

Offtopic: Road Redemption has been pretty damned fun the last few builds I've played, what the hell is the delay?

News Comments > Destiny 2 Trailer
3. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Aug 31, 2017, 23:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Very nice trailer, but fuck these guys for their PC content delay plan.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 31, 2017, 22:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Because of arrogance and laziness, basically.

News Comments > Aquanox: Deep Descent Trailer
8. Re: Aquanox: Deep Descent Trailer Aug 31, 2017, 16:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty interesting, I'll have to go back and play Aquanox (gog version) again, refresh my memory about the original game to compare.

*EDIT* Whoops, I knew I had it somewhere, but on Steam, not Gog. Curse their sale prices!

News Comments > Battlefield 1: A Tsar is Born Next Month
10. Re: Battlefield 1: A Tsar is Born Next Month Aug 31, 2017, 13:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

4D-Boxing wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 13:26:
How's the player base? Got this last fall and only started playing July 2017 and just switched to Dirty Bomb because it feels like you have to snipe or fly to have any success in bf1.

PC went from to many fps to a few and most don't have server browsers. I want to frag like its 1999 not 1991...

Well, as of a few days ago, BF1 still has a pretty decent playerbase as far as I can tell (in the US), games at any time of day or night possible, and they'll always be full. Conquest Large, 64player. I'm sure player count is down overall, but people leave and come back, as they get tired of whatever new game is out.

Gun/Vehicle balance is for the most part pretty good right now in BF1, honestly. Some people are complaining about shotguns not registering correctly recently, but anecdotal evidence, I haven't had any problems. As far as sniping/flying, way more people will be using Helriegel and some of the other popular and/or unlock required guns and dominating. Sniping loses games unless you are a phenomenal sniper. There's enough anti-air to deal with pilots, but yes, a great pilot can do very well.

I should probably try Dirty Bomb at some point, I hear good things (mostly) about that, aside from some free to play grinding annoyance.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 30, 2017, 11:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

I read the article, and Obsidian's reasoning was sound, especially in 2005, when they were actually offered it. 2017, they might have to just accept it, with all the insane popularity of the TV show, although I think their reasoning for lack of gameplay is still valid.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta
49. Re: Destiny 2 Open Beta Aug 30, 2017, 07:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

So, how exactly do Destiny 1 veterans feel about content being locked out of the PC version for 1 year or more?

1 Sniper rifle, 1 Ship(?), 1 Strike, and 1 PVP map, according to a link I can't find now, and I'm sure more as DLC/content patches come out.

How many strikes(pve dungeons?) are there planned to be, how many were there in Destiny 1 vanilla on release? etc. Missing out on major PVE content seems unforgivable. I doubt I'd miss another gun here or there.

The game looks interesting, but if PC content is going to be gimped for literally years maybe I will just avoid the game entirely.

News Comments > Absolver Launches
4. Re: Absolver Launches Aug 30, 2017, 06:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'll most likely get this eventually, but probably not at full price. I've become such a cheapskate, in this new era of downloadable games.

3626 Comments. 182 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo