Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4076 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
22. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 12:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

CDProjektRED's track record is excellent, hopefully this turns out amazing!

I'll probably start playing this after 2020, based on my current RPG schedule.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield V Video
14. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 11, 2018, 10:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

DangerDog wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 04:27:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 01:33:
Even the Jackfrags videos haven't dissuaded me from my plan to build forts all over every map. I'll probably get my money's worth out of the game the first week, ambushing people with stationary guns from every random bend/dip in the map, especially if they have reduced 3D spotting that much.

Sorry to crush your dream but you can only build on pre-designated places on the map and even then you don't have a choice in what you build.

Whaaaaat. That's fucking terrible! Wow, what a wasted opportunity.

Ugh. There goes 80% of my excitement for this game.

News Comments > Battlefield V Video
12. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 11, 2018, 01:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Even the Jackfrags videos haven't dissuaded me from my plan to build forts all over every map. I'll probably get my money's worth out of the game the first week, ambushing people with stationary guns from every random bend/dip in the map, especially if they have reduced 3D spotting that much.

News Comments > Prey: Mooncrash Released
5. Re: Prey: Mooncrash Released Jun 11, 2018, 01:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm... I loved the vanilla game, and I was really hoping for a continuation of that story, but I guess they didn't have the money to go that route.

This looks like it's barely attached to the main storyline. Could be good, but not nearly as interesting as something continuing the original narrative.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Young Blood Announced
3. Re: Wolfenstein Young Blood Announced Jun 11, 2018, 01:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, the new Wolfenstein games were awesome, coop could be great, so I'm no doubt going to buy in along with the coop group. Well played, Bethesda.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Announced
5. Re: DOOM Eternal Announced Jun 11, 2018, 01:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:56:
Doom 5?

Doom 1, Doom 2, radial geometry maps with pixels...

Doom 3, aka Closet/No Flashlight Doom...

Doom (4) aka 2016 DOOM...

Shit yeah we're up to 5 already. Looks good though, I'll definitely get it after a bit of a price drop.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Gameplay Trailer
6. Re: RAGE 2 Gameplay Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 01:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

El Pit wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:26:
I am one of the few who enjoyed the first Rage game despite its obvious flaws, so I am looking forward to this. Soooo many interesting games being announced - I will need more spare time go play those!

I think more than a few people enjoyed the game, but it was mostly people who got it on sale, way after the initial hype, that were able to enjoy it, without feeling burned. It had pretty fun gunplay and driving, but the megatextures were simply too early. Great tech idea, but that sort of thing would work better today with 50-90 gig sized games, simply impossible back then.

I'll probably get this on sale too, looks fun, but not full price fun, for me.

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed
20. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 15:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the FUCK!? Tanks will have limited ammo in BFV? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No more blowing up everything all day long with a tank, without resupplying. Hopefully the resupplying mechanic for vehicles doesn't take all damned day long, aka grenade resupplying in most BF games.

*EDIT* In Grand Operations mode only, apparently. Phew.

News Comments > Anthem Videos
7. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 15:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hopefully this game turns out well, the coop group is in dire need of a new game, relatively soon.

I suppose it's a sign of our age that more and more of what used to be my FPS group is now becoming purely in the coop group category, reflexes are slowing down all around.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2018, 15:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

House Flipper is still on this list. Humanity loses yet again.

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed
14. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 00:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

There's another E3 multiplayer BFV video out there, and it clearly shows the player getting experience while building/repairing some structures.

In other words, I will be level 100 the first week, after building non-stop all over every map 10-12 hours a day.

This game looks gorgeous, I hope they don't fuck it up too much.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 8, 2018, 19:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

I've joked about it for years, but really, George RR is going to literally die before he finishes a Song of Ice and Fire.

I honestly think he's just written himself into a corner at this point, and doesn't even want to try to finish it. The show will end because they are going to kluge some shit together and just make the final season, but you saw how well that worked for the last season.

News Comments > Get Totally Accurate Battlegrounds for Free
5. Re: Get Totally Accurate Battlegrounds for Free Jun 7, 2018, 22:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

I downloaded this, played around in the shooting gallery for a bit(the guns surprisingly feel great, physics modeling is fun > realism, obviously) but I can't get into a game. It says there are like 10,000 people or so in the US, on three servers, can't actually get into a game though.

News Comments > Generation Zero Announced
4. Re: Generation Zero Announced Jun 7, 2018, 21:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slashman wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 19:50:
Why 80s Sweden?

An excuse to play 80s music, and have sick ass mullets.

Game looks somewhat interesting... I'm always on the lookout for a decent coop game for the coop group.

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
61. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 7, 2018, 14:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 13:01:
Valve should curate game based on quality, but not on content.

That would allow them to filter out 95% of the asset flippers.

Also, I agree getting rid of the trading card meta game would go far in reducing the crap.

Well I agree in theory, but you're still requiring Valve to devote some employees to filtering their games for quality, and I can picture dozens of desks rolling away from that job at Valve headquarters.

Also, yes, the trading cards on Steam are utterly pointless to people who actually play games for fun, and exist only to prey upon the OCD/gambling natures of people and make money for Valve.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Getting Solo Content
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Getting Solo Content Jun 6, 2018, 23:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

I bought SWBF2 on sale awhile back.. the game is gorgeous. Gameplay is.. okay.

I'll check this out though, next week.

Donald Glover Lando should be cool at least.

News Comments > Get Fortified for Free
4. Re: Get Fortified for Free Jun 6, 2018, 23:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice. Speaking of free games, Gog Connect has another set of games up, if you want to add some Steam titles to Gog for free right now.

News Comments > Diablo III Introducing Themed Seasons
9. Re: Diablo III Introducing Themed Seasons Jun 6, 2018, 12:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Darks wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 12:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 11:29:
VaranDragon wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 11:04:
Darks wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 10:45:
Truthfully, I'm really looking forward to Diablo 2 enhanced. I really hope its good a good enhanced version.

Say what?

There have been rumors that following Starcraft 1 Enhanced they'll enhance Diablo 2, but i doubt it, all sprites are made for 800x600

Not Rumors, its happening, they were even hiring some people earlier this year. But this is going to take a year or so to get completed. So, I doubt we will see or hear about this for a while yet.

Ugh. Well, I know they'll make a boatload of money, but that seems like a waste of time and effort. Diablo 2 was pretty good in the day, and great with mods, but wow is it primitive if you go back and actually objectively look at it now. Also, everybody who liked it already put in 1000+ hours into the game.

Hopefully they're also working on Diablo 4 with another team.

News Comments > Battlefield V Specs Erroneous
3. Re: Battlefield V Specs Erroneous Jun 5, 2018, 22:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I sure hope they aren't planning on Windows 10 only, insane specs... my gaming desktop is only a few years old, but I'd hate to get some last minute nonsense preventing me from easily building sandbag forts across the entire map at 3AM.

News Comments > Blizzard Reveals "Unannounced Diablo Project"
1. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 5, 2018, 22:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hopefully it's Diablo 4, and not:

A Battle Royale game with Diablo characters,
A MOBA,
A Rogue-Like/Rogue-Lite anything.

4076 Comments. 204 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo