Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4312 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Expansion and Patch
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Expansion and Patch Sep 25, 2018, 21:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, interesting. I already finished my first PoEt 2 run though, I'll probably wait until all these smaller DLCs come out and get patched up, before starting another run through.

Plus Pathfinder:Kingmaker and Bard's Tale IV...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pathfinder: Kingmaker Released
3. Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Released Sep 25, 2018, 21:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

The RPG cup overfloweth, Bard's Tale IV, Pathfinder:Kingmaker, DLC for PoEt 2... it's looking good. No crazy bug complaints yet either, although I may wait a few weeks to really get into either BT4 or P:K.

Backed both, chose Gog keys for both.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 25, 2018, 16:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Good thing we have these trusty agencies to prevent monopolies. Oh wait, that sort of consumer protection went out of the US in the 70s.

News Comments > Internet Arcade Adds More Arcade Games
1. Re: Internet Arcade Adds More Arcade Games Sep 25, 2018, 16:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

First thought: "oh that's nice, they have pics of some old arcade games, and some info blurbs, cue nostalgia"

Realization: "Holy shit, these are all playable online via emulator!"

Now I just need to quit my job to have the time to play all my current games, along with randomly playing old coin-op arcade games online.

Still, very nice work, MAME team and Esmcripten people! And of course Internet Archive's efforts!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer Sep 25, 2018, 00:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

DangerDog wrote on Sep 24, 2018, 22:27:
meanwhile, DICE is doing an about face on their art direction of Battlefield V and making it look more like a WWII game an less like an alt-history Mad Max WWII game.

https://twitter.com/dan_mitre/status/1044360139048800256

Shit, now I have to buy BFV and run around in the most exotic gear possible; cybernetic enhancements and day-glo colors it is.

News Comments > Battlerite Royale Trailer
3. Re: Battlerite Royale Trailer Sep 25, 2018, 00:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Phew, almost went a whole week without a Battle Royale game announcement. That was a close one!

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Sep 25, 2018, 00:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, Sgt. Apone and Hudson are both dead, that's depressing.  

News Comments > Evening Previews
5. Re: Evening Previews Sep 25, 2018, 00:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, who is to blame for this subset of multiplayer survival/griefing simulators? Rust, Arc, etc. any of these Ultima Online ripoffs that haven't made any real progress in the past 20 years in terms of mechanics, just better graphics; it's a little annoying to me just how many human hours are getting tossed into making these PKfests.

Looks pretty but it'll be the same Lord of the Flies clusterfuck as the last dozen or so.

I mean, I'm sure they will make some money, people who live for Twitch seem to also play these games to a certain extent, but come on, humanity.

Where is that next gen, FUN, new MMO?

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches Sep 23, 2018, 12:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, nice list, glad I didn't start playing yet.

News Comments > Telltale Games Lays Off Staff, May Close
11. Re: Telltale Games Lays Off Staff, May Close Sep 22, 2018, 00:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

250 Employees, at Telltale !??! No wonder they are going out of business. Their games were not that popular to support that kind of staff.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2018, 13:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 21, 2018, 11:41:
I've said it before, I'll say it again -- it would be interesting to see how history will regard this time we live in. I'd love to take a history class on "US Politics 2000-2025" in say, 2200 or so. I can only hope it be looked back on as a naive time which we have risen above... (and yes, I realize that could have a right or left spin)

This will be seen as a second Dark Ages. Religious and racial extremism rampant across the entire globe, let alone the US, people deliberately ignoring scientific evidence world wide, the final clamp down of corporate power over most of human civilization. I doubt there will be anyone left alive to teach a history class in 2200, honestly.

News Comments > STONE Released
3. Re: STONE Released Sep 21, 2018, 13:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, the all caps name will garauntee sales success on Steam, but I'm not overly impressed with that video.

News Comments > Warhammer: Chaosbane Trailer
2. Re: Warhammer: Chaosbane Trailer Sep 20, 2018, 23:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 20, 2018, 22:34:
Man, I was for 3 seconds hyped until I remembered that nothing good ever comes from Warhammer RPG announcements

Basically this, but surely they can't mess up the ARPG format too much?

j/k that's literally one of the harder genres to get right, as evidenced by truckloads of shit ARPGs.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies Trailer Sep 20, 2018, 23:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

CoD ripoff of Left 4 Dead and Strange Brigade? Not interested personally, but I'm sure it'll make a billion dollars.  

News Comments > RAM Pressure Announced
1. Re: RAM Pressure Announced Sep 20, 2018, 15:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting premise, although the trailer doesn't really look like anything special. I'll keep an eye on this, I can't get enough of good XCom variations.

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires Alone in the Dark & Act of War
2. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires Alone in the Dark & Act of War Sep 19, 2018, 23:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Xero wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 22:30:
Can some company for the love of jeebuz acquire the rights for "Nocturne"? Was I the only one that lived when that game came out and blew me the f**k away? Who the hell else knows what I'm talking about. I never hear anyone mention of it. It was pure badass for it's time. I'd even love to buy it now with proper Win10 support.

I remember Nocturne well, the idea was great, the controls were... well it's unfair to say horrendous, because there was an autoaim option, but oh my god, talk about fighting the controls! Also I remember it being extremely buggy, at least the initial release. Still on CDs?

I don't remember playing any patched version later on, so maybe it got better.

Also, I remember it being the Crysis of its time, in that it ran at like 5-10fps on midrange computers of the day.

Two pistols John Woo style, fighting vampires and werewolves for Theodore Roosevelt, cool. Two pistols, attempted to be mapped to mouse controls in a slightly isometric 3d environment even with those weird laser sights? Made me rage. It's been awhile but I swear there was an option to map each arm to a different control set or something? Lol, basically I had issues with the controls.

It's one of those games that needs a patched up re-release on GoG, now that it can run at a real framerate for everybody.

It's cool that you love it though, Xero... reminds me of Soldiers of Anarchy for me, which about 3 people played world wide, and was crazy awesome.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 16, 2018, 17:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

I don't get some of these remakes like this... I mean I enjoyed Fallout:NV, but I don't think I enjoyed it enough to do another 200+ hour run through the game, just because it's in a slightly better engine.

Part of the appeal(in making the mod) is that it is a labor of love for the developers of course, but who even has time to play these remakes?

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 16, 2018, 10:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

One story: "Almost half of US cellphone calls will be scams"

Another story: "FEMA to use cellphones to put out Presidential Alerts"

I see a potential issue here...

Also, let's keep people in constant fear, that'll help.

News Comments > Overwatch WINE Bans
2. Re: Overwatch WINE Bans Sep 15, 2018, 15:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

That'll teach those evil Linux ne'er-do-wells! How dare they try to use a non-abusive OS and still play games!

News Comments > Vortx Environmental Simulator
8. Re: Vortx Environmental Simulator Sep 14, 2018, 10:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Haha, is this an Onion or other satire site video? This can't be real... #GetBlown is their hashtag? Rofl!

I'll hold out for version 3.0 with Smellovision.

4312 Comments. 216 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo