Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3783 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2017, 16:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

There's the old CS:GO. Must have been another ban wave. Probably for PUBG also.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Who Controls Star Control?
1. Re: Who Controls Star Control? Dec 3, 2017, 16:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, I knew this was going to become a confusing mess.

Let slip the lawyers, etc.

News Comments > Morning Patches
7. Re: Morning Patches Dec 3, 2017, 12:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

ItBurn wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 01:12:
I played and loved all their games. The instantly have my money. I have no idea, but I'm afraid they didn't make enough money with Soma. It seemed kinda under the radar, despite the cool videos they did for it. I wonder what they're going to do next. Any info?

Well, they released an Xbox One version of SOMA with safe mode, but there really isn't any new information on their web page(aside from the above) since 2015. You may be right, they may have lost money overall on SOMA. Or, they are working on their next game and have been for awhile, but no press release yet? Hopefully they aren't going under.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2017, 15:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 15:04:

If someone has a DNR tattoo it should be common sense not to. I'm actually getting my will done this year and get all that sort of stuff in line so there's never any confusion like this. Why in the hell did it take them so long to find his DRN order on file? And the had to consult an ethical consultant - that's an actual thing that people pay money for? Are you fucking kidding me? And people wonder why medicine is so outrageously overpriced.

DNR notices are clear, when looking at them after the fact or from the sidelines, but when you have seconds to make up your mind to resuscitate or not, and all you have to go on is a tattoo, then it can be a bit of a gray area. It takes time to find the actual legal documents for DNR, which might not even be on file in the state/country the patient is getting treatment in. There are already cases of people with DNR tattoos who ASKED to be saved when they regained consciousness... it's not as simple as you'd think, and tattoos are not legally binding documents in the USA, as far as I know. For the record, the hospital's ethics department decided to correctly honor the tattoo.

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Dec 1, 2017, 23:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

SOMA was awesome, but wtf, safe mode? I guess... but the monsters could be dodged/ran from anyway... Oh well, it's good if it gets more people to experience niche games like that.

It's been a year since I played SOMA, but I swear I remember most of the monsters don't even insta-kill you anyway, just knock you down and cause damage(translates to vision obstructions), which you can heal at various spots.

ItBurn, if you're not aware, Frictional Games, the guys who did SOMA, also did the Amnesia and Penumbra series. The Penumbra ones are a bit long in the tooth now, but all of their games(that I've played) are that exploratory/horror style, no real combat, just some hiding and dodging with decent to really good stories.

*EDIT* RedEye9 wtf, 1 shot hand cannon mod in Alien:Isolation?! Lol! For Shame. j/k, mods are the best thing about PC gaming.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M
8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M Nov 30, 2017, 12:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Acleacius wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 01:43:
Gratz, Larian!

Still haven't gotten around to playing, is it a direct sequel to Original Sin?

Well, the mechanics are very similar, the engine is updated from the first game, and gameplay is very similar, but the actual storyline takes place about 1200 years after Divinity: Original Sin 1.

If you were curious about how much of the D:OS 1 story you needed to remember/know to play D:OS 2, the answer is basically zero.

Divinity series Timeline

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2017, 11:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Giants fan for life here, but you've got to realize, Ben McAdoo is an idiot, and the team has had too many injuries for any coach NOT to be stressed out on top of that.

Eli is in the pretty good to really good category, but nobody can throw the ball well when they are horizontal on the turf, with 600 pounds of opposing team lineman laying on them. Of course it's a mistake to blame just Eli for the Giants' failures. However that's how the NFL goes a lot of the time. QB, Coach, etc. get the axe.

The Giants are already mathematically eliminated for this season, obviously from the division, but also any wild card slot, so I can kind of understand McAdoo's plan, to look at his younger QBs, but it smells of fatalism, or some kind of last ditch desparation for McAdoo to save his job with some wins with a new QB.

That said, I've been boycotting the NFL for the past couple of years anyway, due to various Stadium scams that have been run near me by teams. I'll admit I am tempted to start watching again since all the ultra conservatives are so pissed off about the kneeling protests though.

News Comments > Bungie Outlines Destiny 2 Plans
1. Re: Bungie Outlines Destiny 2 Plans Nov 29, 2017, 21:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Some content still delayed on PC a year compared to PS4? Yes? Okay then, $9.99 or less.  

4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M Nov 29, 2017, 21:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Shok wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 21:12:
I bought it at release, loved it but only played until early Act 2. 150+ hours then got burned out on the inventory management and early annoying bugs...like the AI z-axis melee bug.

I'll be going back to it eventually though, especially once it's patched up and/or an enhanced edition comes out.

Whoa, I thought I was taking my time, I finished the game at around 100 hours or so.

I initially picked up pretty much EVERYTHING when I started, but most crap is useless. Crafting can be ignored, aside from a few armor pieces and potions(in my opinion), so most stuff can just be sold or left on the ground. Definitely pick up all weapons and armor to sell of course, but you don't need 300 teeth and wooden sticks, etc.

It's faster late game to just buy the crap you need to craft if you REALLY want to, from merchants, just have ONE guy with maxxed out Barter, so sale prices are more in your favor. And a few +Barter items is always good, I think I had 8-9 Barter on one guy at the end.

For that matter, you need 1 maxxed out Lucky Charm guy to open up chests and loot in general, that'll generate enough extra income to give you tons of gold. I had Lucky Charm and Barter on the same guy, with a set of shit equipment(with +Skills) to put on for talking to merchants or looting bodies after a fight.

Considering their history, yeah, Larian will release a "Super" version later on if you want to wait.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 29, 2017, 20:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 18:37:
Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:16:
What the fuck is Endgadget doing posting that nonsense?

Fucking obscurantists... aren't they a fucking tech blog?

Well, you know, shrill liberals and all. Since when is the truth propaganda?

When that second video has already been shown to be just a dumb teenage fight, regardless of religion, and the first one, while horrible, makes about as much sense to blame all Muslims as does judging all Christians by some maniac who shoots up an abortion clinic.

Also his retweet is from somebody who is prejudiced and apparently lives to spread hate.

More important to technology is that Twitter is violating its own terms of service by NOT banning the original poster, and now Trump, as they both posted videos of violence and death.

The question the article asks if you actually read it, is why hasn't the original poster already banned, and should Twitter be required to ban the President of the United States. From a historic standpoint it will be interesting, since Twitter, for better or worse, gives a serious view into the mind of Trump, or at least what he wants the world to believe he thinks and believes.

Personally I think Trump should be banned from Twitter, but I'm sure they won't do it.

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
61. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 29, 2017, 20:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hoo boy.

We're reaching new lows as a species this year for sure.

1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M Nov 29, 2017, 20:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Congratulations! I finished the game a few weeks back, it was excellent, even with the side quest bugs.

It has gotten a ton of patches since then, and will no doubt receive more in the future. Definitely worth a sale buy, arguably even worth a full price buy, for RPG fans.

The skill system is fucking amazing, by the way. Awesome skills in every tree, tons of builds, although I DO recommend everybody on your team have some Movement skills and the "Clarity of Mind" or whatever it's called spell, to cancel out mind control/charm. Teleport isn't quite as good in this game as the first, but it's still strong also.

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
1. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 29, 2017, 20:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

"80 person team, by an experienced developer, who has made multiple EXCELLENT third person shooter style horror games, linear and non-linear, with an amazingly popular license? Immediately cancel if we can't do years' worth of microtransactions!"

-EA drone.

Okay, maybe Dead Space 3 wasn't excellent, but it was non-linear.

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Orc Trailer
3. Re: SpellForce 3 Orc Trailer Nov 29, 2017, 17:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Alamar wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 16:00:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 14:22:
Looks good, still tempted to pre-order before the 7th, although pre-ordering in this day and age just supports bad developer behavior.

I'm almost at the point of grabbing it... Though I'm 90% sure I wouldn't beat it, because the previous ones I played were very very long campaigns. But if I get to the 6th, and have too much free time, and am feeling super bored, I'll probably get it heh.

And this is knowing full well that there will be a number of launch bugs... And that might be enough to turn me off for a month... I really should just try to play through SPAZ 2 or something, as I just noticed yesterday it finally left EA.

Interesting that you mention Spaz 2, I've been playing it just this past week, as I also saw it was out of Early Access awhile back. It's pretty good actually, but I think I messed up my campaign, I started my set of bases WAY too close to a certain enemy group. The game isn't officially over, but it's on the way downhill, my captains are too low level to deal with theirs, so they lose all the battles I'm not in, etc. Gameplay mechanics are pretty interesting for a small studio though, I'll probably just start a new game, now that I know what's up.

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Orc Trailer
1. Re: SpellForce 3 Orc Trailer Nov 29, 2017, 14:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks good, still tempted to pre-order before the 7th, although pre-ordering in this day and age just supports bad developer behavior.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Announced
8. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Announced Nov 25, 2017, 17:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Devinoch wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 14:43:
Two human factions and no Eldar? No interest, thanks.

I'm sure they will be more than happy to sell you additional factions at a later date, for an additional (but mostly reasonable!) price.

The basic premise of the game sounds somewhat interesting, I'll check it out after release.

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway
2. Re: SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway Nov 25, 2017, 17:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 16:02:
I thought this was supposed to be a different demo with Elfs or somethings. Anyway it's the same one from Steam and it's still locking up my PC when I run it.

AMD issue, right? That sucks. For what it's worth, the game is really good, hopefully AMD CPU people bug them enough so they patch it up.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return
22. Re: Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return Nov 24, 2017, 11:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Redmask wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 09:31:
Make Left 4 Dead 3 you assholes

Nope, Valve is way too happy just sitting around doing the bare minimum maintaining Steam, and making billions.

No HL3, no L4D3, etc.

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Elves Trailer; Free Preview Tomorrow
3. Re: SpellForce 3 Elves Trailer; Free Preview Tomorrow Nov 23, 2017, 22:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 13:05:
Well I hope this one is more stable with AMD. Saw lots of people, including myself, saw the first beta locking the PC up and forcing hard resets.

Did you just try it the first day? They must have patched it 6-7 times during that first trial weekend, hopefully one of those was AMD related.

The game was pretty badass on my Core i7-6700K and GTX1070, definitely going to buy it. Just trying to decide if I should hold out for sale, or get suckered in at the pre-release discount.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2017, 13:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

I finally finished Divinity: Original Sin 2 the other day... some of the fights towards the end are simply ridiculous, and there are still a few bugs present. Still, the game is awesome, and I'll probably run through it again in 6 months to a year, after I get through some other RPGs.

*Note: GoG version, not Steam.

I highly recommend D:OS2 to any RPG fans, especially if it goes on sale for Black Friday.

3783 Comments. 190 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo