Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2903 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Released
19. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Released Oct 14, 2016, 16:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

I've got about 10-12 hours into it now, and it feels like a superior version of Borderlands in a lot of ways. Better gun mechanics, better damage model, better melee model by far, better powers by far, better enemy AI, better graphics/sound.

No vehicles(yet) and smaller maps of course.

Only issue I see so far is I probably won't even come close to finishing it before BF1 comes out in a week or so.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin
6. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 16:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

I am vehemently against the EA Access nonsense, especially since it's just 10 hours and then your money is effectively wasted.

However, each to his own, please keep beta testing BF1 before I get in there in a week!

In the meantime, I've been playing Shadow Warrior 2... it's pretty great, and the more I play, the more it seems like a better version of Borderlands basically. Better weapon and skill variation, better movement by far, better graphics/sound, but of course smaller maps.

14. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Released Oct 13, 2016, 21:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

The game is fun, but it's definitely more ARPGish than straight up FPS, in terms of the sheer amount of loot drops, mob types(elites, etc.) and configurable weapons and skills.

I don't find the visual clutter to be an issue, although to be fair I turned off Lens Flares and all that sort of shit. I can't remember if there was Film Grain in there also at one point, but the game looks extremely sharp at 2560x1440, GTX 1070, 144hz monitor.

Also, the original voice actor is like 76 or something now, it wasn't really feasible to bring him back.

News Comments > Tyranny Next Month
3. Re: Tyranny Next Month Oct 13, 2016, 21:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Pfft... don't chicken out, preorder right now, and experience all the bugs from day 1 like a real man!

I will probably pre-order, even knowing the hell it'll probably be for the first month as an Obsidian product.

6. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Released Oct 13, 2016, 16:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

I bought this last night, so far it's awesome. Controls are near perfect, weapons seem interesting, although melee >> ranged so far, the engine seems excellent, sound and video are great, running 2560x1440p at max settings looks awesome and seems to be staying near 144fps(?? can't find fps display) constantly with my new comp.

However, I have run into either a bug or some poorly handled quest portion, I am 8.0% through the game, and have just basically opened up the main home 'town,' but cannot progress past a conversation with the Smith. You would think you would get an option to go out into the world to handle the [No Spoiler] major problem that has arisen, but all you can do is tell him "I will come back later."

Can't leave the town! I'll look around on the forums, I may be missing something that'll seem painfully obvious.

Upgrades and Weapons seem pretty interesting, add-ons to modify powers and armor as well. Plenty of percentage modifiers along with elemental damage converters for the weapons. All add-ons seem to be able to be removed with no problem, no worries about 'wasting' an add-on on the 'wrong' weapon, etc.

I'm liking it a lot so far.

*EDIT* Figured it out, Quest interface requires double clicks, and initiates a cut scene usually. Problem for me was, the quest description was a couple of sentences, thought it was the character's dialgoue.

Also, need to weed through my loot, tons of Add-ons now.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2016, 17:52.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2016, 14:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 13:47:
ROgue ONe looks better and better all the time.

Use the Force... don't let your hopes get too high, don't let your rage overcome you!

I am cautiously optimistic. I am also required by US Law and international treaty to see that film.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trial Preloads & Trailer Blowout
25. Re: Battlefield 1 Trial Preloads & Trailer Blowout Oct 13, 2016, 10:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

I want to say the beta light tank was only 5 rounds or something, maybe 6 as you say, definitely NOT just 4.

So some minor to possibly major nerfs all around, sounds like, to tanks.

Armor will still prevail, I suspect.

19. Re: Battlefield 1 Trial Preloads & Trailer Blowout Oct 13, 2016, 00:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 00:27:
360 rotation on light tanks CONFIRMED

I was in a big tank, and instead of having an ammo count (side cannons) it was just a 3x longer delay in firing, but infinite ammo as far as i could tell...

Light tank Howitzer version? Or Artillery version or whatever it was called, big cannon(lots of drop) + Machine gun backup gun?

I'll know in a week or so, so not a big deal. It is tempting to get the EAA thing, but I'll hold off.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer
6. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer Oct 12, 2016, 23:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slashman wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 23:03:
The writer of that song is actually doing music for SW2 and has released a single for it called Warrior.

Whaaaaat. Choice made, buying the game.

4. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer Oct 12, 2016, 23:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm looking on Steam, it's 20% off if you have Shadow Warrior 1 on Steam. Surely somebody has mentioned that before, but I just noticed, and it only shows the 20% off price on the game's page, not in your Wishlist.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 8 Details
2. Re: Diablo III Season 8 Details Oct 12, 2016, 21:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Seasons never appealed to me, and I'm a little shocked to see Blizzard keep piling on the seasonal crap.

Still, it's clearly got some die-hards hooked, they go nuts every season playing 20+ hours a day apparently. Or their bots do.

14. Re: Battlefield 1 Trial Preloads & Trailer Blowout Oct 12, 2016, 21:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 19:44:
people are streaming this now, I'm currently DLing it, I could run a stream if anyone here cares? take requests for showcasing stuff?

Don't need to stream it, just need to confirm for me, apparently they restricted the movement of the Howitzer version of the light tank's turret to only 45 degrees left or right(instead of 360).

That seems like a major hassle, probably a medium nerf... have to see it in game to judge, but I'm not going to buy into EA Access.

Anyway, going to try to avoid single player spoilers for the next week, but have fun, you EAA people.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Oct 12, 2016, 21:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

What? There are already dozens of Rogue-like (that term is really overused and misused by the way) games out there already that have permanent death.

Not to mention most of the new generation RPGs offer hardcore modes with limited saves, etc.

Oh, I see, this guy is a console peasant, who only plays AAA titles.

*Cue PC master race rants.

1. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer Oct 12, 2016, 21:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks amazing, I'm tempted to buy it with just that 10% discount on Steam.

Choices, choices...

Also, way to play on my age group's nostalgia, using the best song from the original Transformers animated movie.

7. Re: Battlefield 1 Trial Preloads & Trailer Blowout Oct 12, 2016, 17:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

DangerDog wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 16:23:
They need to release training videos for how the multiplayer works, in Rush you had this ability to call in artillery if the defending team "used" the telegraph "mcom" but apparently you have to spot enemy soldiers in order for it to work.

never saw one artillery barrage in RUSH because nobody knew how to use it.

I guess the biggest dust up is that clans can no longer rent their own server, some are speculating that EA/DICE are doing this because of "badadmin" abuse which is a real thing. Join a server and get moved to the opposite side while a gang of people using organized commands through teamspeak pummels the n00bs. I'm not a fan of scripts that limit kits or imposes rules like no explosives. Downside is there won't be any way to boot cheaters from games, no increased ticket servers etc.

They've also ditched punkbuster, probably a good thing as it never really stopped cheaters.

Whoa, they are getting rid of Punkbuster entirely? What is going to replace it? Punkbuster banned plenty of people, not all the cheaters obviously, but tens of thousands of people(or accounts at least) got PB banned in BF4.

Any new mechanics, like the Rush Artillery, will confuse people the first couple of weeks, it's a given. Eventually the players will learn how to use things, after much cursing and name calling.

Ideally, there will be some missions in the single player that use each of the new mechanics in the game, and explain them tutorial style.

3. Re: Battlefield 1 Trial Preloads & Trailer Blowout Oct 12, 2016, 12:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

EA is really pushing their subscription service with Battlefield 1, the EA Access program.

Unfortunately I think they are having a fair amount of success, plenty of people in the forums and on BF4 servers seem to have signed up for ...EAA, when it comes up in conversation.

People will really pay for anything, it seems. Says the man who has like 500+ games across Steam, Gog, Origin, Humble, etc.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 11, 2016, 21:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit that's a great clip. Beautifully written, perfectly acted. It's so easy to forget how talented Danny DeVito is, when you watch some of his characters, ie. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Great performances all around, actually. Although, wtf Vimeo, stop buffering! I assume their site was getting hammered a bit.

I must have gotten some grit in my eye, I'm tearing up over here.

*EDIT* Whoops, writing credits go to Joshua Conkel, I initially though DeVito wrote it also.

News Comments > Underrail: Expedition Announced
7. Re: Underrail: Expedition Announced Oct 11, 2016, 21:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

I bought this on sale from Gog awhile back, the vanilla game that is.

You know your queue is out of control when stuff you bought at a deep discount already has extra DLC or sequels out, and you've yet to even touch the base game.

News Comments > Overwatch Launches PvE Mode and Halloween Skins
1. Re: Overwatch Launches PvE Mode and Halloween Skins Oct 11, 2016, 21:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

PVE content? Is Overwatch dying already, or was that part of the plan all along?

Looks very well polished, either way. Clearly Blizzard's A/B/C teams have left Diablo 3 in the dust.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2016, 11:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

That spider... one on the one hand, that's amazing, and I'm extremely interested in watching it and my jaw dropped hearing the noise its' legs make during movement. On the other hand, it should be inside a secure, heavily reinforced cage at all times, preferably under armed guard. Far from where I live.

*EDIT* Food poisoning, entirely possible, don't worsen the problem by not drinking enough water and getting dehydrated. Keep drinking water, if you can't keep water down, obviously see a doctor.

2903 Comments. 146 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo