Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3548 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Into the Black Aug 18, 2017, 16:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 03:42:
And it doesn't help if you just wanna fight terrorism, you have to fight anti-fa, which is the primary reason so much hate exists nowadays against cops as well.

Are you joking? Seriously, you think 'antifa' is the reason people hate the police? People hate and fear the police in the US because they are often racist, murderous criminals, who treat civilians as the enemy. Most US citizens don't have a clue what/who antifa even is.

Ps.: I think doxxing is equal to any other hate crime.

*Eyeroll*

I don't condone doxxing, but saying it's equal to lynchings, murders, bombings etc. is ridiculous.

The false equivalency shit is getting out of hand.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Trailer and CE Preorders
6. Re: SpellForce 3 Trailer and CE Preorders Aug 18, 2017, 11:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

I loved Spellforce 2 back in the day. I'll most likely buy the normal version at some point, probably on sale. $129.99, collector's edition... are they serious? Maybe this series had way more of a following in Europe or something, but it always seemed like no one played it in the US.

News Comments > StellarHub Launches
2. Re: StellarHub Launches Aug 18, 2017, 03:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, I've never even heard of this, looks pretty sweet. It also looks somewhat derivative of FTL/Gratuitous Space Battles... but those are some good games, so...  

News Comments > Killing Floor: Incursion Launches
1. Re: Killing Floor: Incursion Launches Aug 17, 2017, 11:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, cool, I guess, but I'd rather they put more work into finishing up Killing Floor 2. It's 'done' but really it's still missing a lot of the best weapons from KF1.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Martin Shkreli's jury selection... Aug 17, 2017, 11:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

That jury selection transcript is funny, until you realize he may end up with a mistrial, if they cannot fill a jury due to prior knowledge.

Especially these days, with how much negative press he has received, he may simply walk away because there are simply no objective potential jurors.

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Trailer
2. Re: The Evil Within 2 Trailer Aug 17, 2017, 11:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Definite buy for me, although I may wait for some sort of sale.

I played through the first one twice, second time in the whatever the +New Game mode is called, with the bonus weapon unlocks. Tons of fun.

Just turn off the film grain effects!

News Comments > Nidhogg 2 Released
1. Re: Nidhogg 2 Released Aug 16, 2017, 12:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweet. I'll most likely pick this up, the art is just hilarious.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
35. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 14, 2017, 21:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Primalchrome wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 17:44:
] Why, exactly, is it depressing? Was it depressing when I used to buy Byte! or Joystick magazine to find out what was going on in gaming? Was it depressing when I started reading Blues? Was it depressing when I watched 'let's play' footage on Youtube? PC Gaming has been a cutting edge part of tech/geek culture for decades. It is astounding that so many of us old school gamers are now turning into the 'get off my lawn' crowd and prefer to gnash teeth at tech/cultural/social advancement. It's the same mindset that has my father-in-law gobbling air the first year I pointed out that gaming rev was higher than movie theater rev...this after so many years of snide remarks.

At no point did I say that you need to find it depressing. I acknowledge that streamers/let's play etc. is the wave of the future, or the current state of affairs even. I personally find it depressing, because clearly some developers seem to cater to streamers an inordinate amount, sometimes to the detriment of the game, and sometimes to the detriment of 'regular' players.

We disagree on the streamers. We (I'm assuming) agree on actual trolls/hackers, who should be banned. Have the admins banned anybody by mistake, in whatever net they are casting to preserve streamers' playing? I have no idea, but I can see how it could happen. Do I think some of the complaints on the Steam forums about PUBG seem valid? Yes.

I personally find it depressing because streamers are out to get followers and make money, not to provide an objective view of a given game. Because of that, I personally believe it's a mistake for the game industry to cater to them, even though the industry clearly is. That is depressing. Not jump off a cliff depressing, but 'oh, that burger place I liked down the street closed, oh well, pizza?' depressing.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 14, 2017, 21:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 20:29:
Yet Google has zero problem with engaging in censorship in order to placate the Chinese govt in order to do business. I'm so sick of this corporate hypocrisy.

Google, for all of their numerous faults and datamining, is still a private company and can refuse to host anyone at any time. Nazis can always try to find another web host. This is not censorship.

Private company != Government, all interconnections and dealings aside.

News Comments > AMD Radeon RX Vegas Launch
6. Re: AMD Radeon RX Vegas Launch Aug 14, 2017, 12:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bitcoin and other crypto coin miners however, are overjoyed, most likely.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2017, 11:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nazis marching in the streets in broad daylight, Bubonic plague spreading, nuclear armed madmen threatening each other... nothing to see here, it'll all be alright.

Let's try not to end the world before I finish Game of Thrones though.

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 14, 2017, 11:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

I had no idea this was such a touchy topic, haha!

I'm tempted to buy PUBG now just to see how good/bad the situation really is, although I hear cheating and low graphic settings(removing some cover/shadows) are still issues.

The fact that people are defending Streamers as integral to modern gamin is really depressing. Most likely true, but still depressing. Talk about catering to the wrong market.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 14, 2017, 11:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, these repeated reports are what was bound to happen. People install an executable for every random crap program(excuse me, 'app') they want to play with...regardless of source/author.

Experienced PC users would never do this on their PCs, yet many of them do it on their phones without question. Inexperienced phone users are just screwed in today's malware rich environment.

Don't install any applications on your phone unless you wrote it yourself.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 19:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 13, 2017, 18:35:
Blahman wrote on Aug 13, 2017, 18:30:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 13, 2017, 18:28:
reading about bannings, when it's still in Early Access, is a bit of a turnoff. Catering to streamers is a huge turnoff, but I guess that's how multiplayer games work these days.

It's a total non-issue. No one "accidentally" stream snipes. The people that do it, do it on purpose, and pay the price. If you play legitimately you have nothing to worry about.
But that means we will have to bitch and moan about something else that we don't understand.

Welcome to the internet.

If I get banned because I was driving around, beeping a horn or doing something else deemed unbecoming a Murderous PUBG inhabitant, I'll be sure to do an "I told you so" to you guys.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2017, 18:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

$2 bills, and the $1 coins, seem to confuse the fuck out of a lot of people, who are of course running cash registers.

The Venn diagram for people who don't know the full list of US currency and people who are employed as cashiers is probably heavily overlapped.

The fact that he got arrested though...and it got to the Secret Service before they let him go... wow.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 18:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Blahman wrote on Aug 13, 2017, 18:21:
I don't think you understand how it works at all.

Honking the horn is not an issue.

Following around specific players across multiple matches and using it to troll them and ruin their experience over and over is. The admins can tell the difference.

If the admins CAN tell the difference, great.

Disclaimer: I don't play PUBG, although I am tempted by certain aspects to get it, reading about bannings, when it's still in Early Access, is a bit of a turnoff. Catering to streamers is a huge turnoff, but I guess that's how multiplayer games work these days.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 18:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

All I know is, if I get into a car in 99% of the FPS games that you can get into a car, I'm going to lay on the horn if I feel like it. That shouldn't be a bannable offense. The fact that it is, is a fault of the developer(s) or whomever they chose to run their servers/client list/whatever.

*BEEP BEEP* You're about to get run over by a damned jeep, in a FPS! Classic Battlefield. Apparently it's sacrilege in PUBG.

I don't like people deliberately trolling others, but the horn thing seems extremely minor. Why put the horns in if they are only going to ban 'regular' people to protect 'privileged' streamers? Mind boggling.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 16:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nobody here playing Tower of Time? Sure, it's still Early Access, but it looks really good so far.

Plus I want other people to beta test it before I buy in, so...

More on topic, reading the PUBG Steam reviews, apparently you can get banned for using the car horn, near Twitch streamers!??!? That's just embarrassing for the developers.

News Comments > 3030 Deathwar Redux Next Month
2. Re: 3030 Deathwar Redux Next Month Aug 12, 2017, 17:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 17:55:
Still a more complete game than star citizen it looks like.

*Ba-dum-tsssh!*

This looks pretty interesting, actually. I'm tempted at $15, but I have enough Early Access games in my library that may never be finished already.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 12, 2017, 15:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

A complete ban on Switch sales? The fuck? Patent trolling is on the downturn, I thought?

Hopefully Nintendo trounces those guys, as they don't even have a working prototype (?) of their supposed device, just a patent.

I've been meaning to get a Switch, might need to speed that up a bit.

*EDIT* Aaaaannnd... forget that, they are still out of stock everywhere or wildly overpriced. Damn Ebay scalpers.

3548 Comments. 178 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo