Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3197 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Agony Trailers
1. Re: Agony Trailers Mar 2, 2017, 15:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yawn. Pass.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 2, 2017, 00:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 22:46:
Heads, buy it. Tails, buy it?

Well, the coin flip is more of a Day 1 buy vs 'Hold off for a Sale' buy.

It's nearly 100% garaunteed that I'll get it at some point.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 1, 2017, 21:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Urine, feces, sweat, other body secretions, and skin cells + chlorine = strong chlorine smell. Enjoy those stagnant bodies of water!

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 1, 2017, 21:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

..but still only able to equip 4 weapons at a time, due to console limitations!

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer
1. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer Mar 1, 2017, 21:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks gorgeous... dare I risk a day one buy!?

Warhammer 40k games lately have been a bit of a letdown, to say the least.

But, this is Relic, an experienced crew, hrm.

coin flip time.

News Comments > Rogue Trooper Redux Announced
4. Re: Rogue Trooper Redux Feb 28, 2017, 21:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

The original comic is a masterpiece.

I was not that impressed with the game though, although I was probably execting too much after reading the comic.

I'll take a look at this when it's done though, probably.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Bright Teaser - Netflix Feb 28, 2017, 10:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Okay, clearly Netflix has dump trucks worth of money to toss around, they got Will Smith and that trailer actually looks pretty interesting.

"It comes out in December, but hey let's start bragging now!" -Netflix.

*EDIT* TYpo.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2017, 11:14.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Released
12. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Released Feb 28, 2017, 10:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

sauron wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 10:16:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 10:09:
Bleh, I bought this via the Bard's Tale Kickstarter, but so far there is nothing on how to reclaim my key from InXile/Kickstarter.

You just have to go to the InXile Backer Rewards page and redeem your key for Steam or GOG. The link is here.

Whoops, thanks... yeah I saw that finally after reading inXile's page a bit, needed to create yet another account on there, for the various game codes. Code redeemed via Gog.

I'd much rather prefer they just put the codes in Kickstarter, I seriously don't need an account at every website on the planet.

But I'm sure there are other technical reasons as well as gently urging people to use their website, oh well.

*EDIT* Thanks also to WaltC!

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Released
6. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Released Feb 28, 2017, 10:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bleh, I bought this via the Bard's Tale Kickstarter, but so far there is nothing on how to reclaim my key from InXile/Kickstarter.

News Comments > Leak Reveals Middle-earth: Shadow of War?
17. Re: Leak Reveals Middle-earth: Shadow of War? Feb 27, 2017, 16:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 15:26:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 13:50:
Also, there is at least one combo of Orc chief abilities that is basically untouchable: Ranged High Damage, Cannot Be Surprised, Cannot be Executed, Cannot be Harmed in Melee. In the second 'zone' it's possible for a guy to spawn with all of that.

So basically you cannot harm him except with a mounted beast, but then he can kill a mounted beast from range pretty easily.

Pretty sure you can headshot that guy? I think I saw him. Put a few arrows in his skull and down he went. The annoying thing is that since you can't melee him, you never behead him, and he keeps coming back. Eventually I just ignored him.

My fatal mistake with that guy was I got killed by him once, and the power he gained was "Immune to Arrows," or whatever it's called in game.

So yeah he comes back even if he dies, and I could only kill him with a mounted beast attack. It's sorta good, in a way, you can steamroll most of the lieutenants with no problem whatsoever, just that guy had immunity to basically 98% of the player's abilities.

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > Leak Reveals Middle-earth: Shadow of War?
12. Re: Leak Reveals Middle-earth: Shadow of War? Feb 27, 2017, 13:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

I started out loving the first one, then got worn out with the grind. I maxxed out my character's abilities, but had utterly no desire to finish the story.

Also, there is at least one combo of Orc chief abilities that is basically untouchable: Ranged High Damage, Cannot Be Surprised, Cannot be Executed, Cannot be Harmed in Melee. In the second 'zone' it's possible for a guy to spawn with all of that.

So basically you cannot harm him except with a mounted beast, but then he can kill a mounted beast from range pretty easily.

I'm pretty sure I still have my saves though, it's on my list of things to go back and finish if somehow all my other games vanish.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Beta Survey
12. Re: Dawn of War III Beta Survey Feb 26, 2017, 22:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, a surpising (to me, at least) number of Last Stand supporters here. That mode is the exact opposite to what I want out of any RTS game, but cool if you guys enjoyed it.

Personally, I just hope DoW3 is way more DoW1/traditional RTS than any of that MOBA sort of stuff.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 26, 2017, 12:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

hrm, I need a second SSD I think, I got this for free because I owned AotS, which I had gotten on a discount for owning SoaSE or something.

But currently, no room to even install it and become jaded and disillusioned with the modern RTSes. I'm looking at you, Grey Goo and AotS:E.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Beta Survey
2. Re: Dawn of War III Beta Survey Feb 26, 2017, 12:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hump wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 11:50:
A sequel to Space Marine would be welcomed.....

While Space Marine was pretty cool, don't even joke about potentially messing up this RTS, especially since it's more DoW1 than DoW2.

"Hrm, some of these people liked Space Marine. Let's scrap the RTS game and just do Space Marine 2!" -Marketing Drone #75864

I'm tempted to actually sign up for this beta, just to put down the classics:

Starcraft(mostly 1, polish of 2), Warcraft 2 and 3, Men of War, DoW1, Battle Realms.

Cherry pick the best aspects of half of those games and DoW3, with the 40k lore, will be ridiculously awesome.

If they go more Hero heavy, then Spellforce 2, Soldiers of Anarchy, and Dragonshard, for how to have some insanely cool small team rts with heroes.

That reminds me though, I need to go back and finish Space Marine. I have like a dozen games half finished on my main desktop at the moment, keep getting distracted.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Cats, toxoplasma Gondii Feb 23, 2017, 15:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, that's the least useful fucking study I've heard about in awhile.

If you're testing for dementia/psychosis, you can't stop the study at 18 years old...

Unfortunately there will probably never be a real toxoplasmsosis gondii study done in humans, it takes too long, and no living person is going to let their brain get biopsied.

tl/dr: don't be around cats or cat droppings.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Pillars of Eternity 2 Fig Campaign Raises More Than $3 million. Feb 23, 2017, 15:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 23, 2017, 14:26:
P.S.: Wow, I totally forgot about the Fig funds. It is even more of a super-epic mega fail if we deduct the investor funds. The actual pledges only stand at about $1.8 million right now which makes it well under 50% of the first campaign. Talk about a complete failure. I'm proud of all my fellow gamers who, like me, did not fall for Obshittian hype of nothingness again. A nice wallet vote right there. WTG bruuuuhs!

Yep, not as many people like FIG, or wanted to pledge/pre-order, 30k vs 74k for PoEt 1. Still, they are going to end up with probably $4 million from this campaign. That doesn't seem like a complete failure.

Keep in mind, some people chose to actually invest(game+monetary returns) rather than pledge(no investment returns, just the game/rewards), so it's a bit different than a straight Kickstarter campaign. Less people ended up giving about the same amount of total money, potentially more if they want to get to the additional Ship Types stretch goal. 28 hours to go, they'll probably break the $4million mark.

In addition to how the game actually turns out, I'm curious to see what sort of praise/rage we hear about from the investors after this is all over. Theoretically even if the game isn't good, the Fig model might still 'work' for the investors. So far though, I'm liking all of the info and clips about the game, except the 5 man party decision. This game will probably turn out to be pretty damned good.

*Disclaimer: I pledged only, the $45 dollar version -$5 for owning PoEt 1.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 22, 2017, 18:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm going to start using this excuse at work. "Wasn't me, it was cosmic rays!"

Surely that won't lead to immediate termination?

5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 22, 2017, 18:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Alamar wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 15:32:
Holy crap, that does indeed look like Ghosts N' Goblins... The jumping style, and the crouch and tossing lances really stood out...

Didn't like the video overall though... Too much flipping between images really quickly...

Video editing aside, yeah that game looks pretty sweet, in a focused nostalgic way.

I used to love/hate Ghouls N' Ghosts back in the day, talk about an unforgiving old school game. Real pros keep the lance the entire way through.

2. Re: Pillars of Eternity 2 Fig Campaign Raises More Than $3 million. Feb 22, 2017, 12:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 11:18:
*snip* vitriol

You seem quite upset, hopefully you find something relaxing to occupy your time.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: ..moving to Canada because Donald Trump is president Feb 21, 2017, 20:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Good for you, Mike Wilson! Good luck in the frozen north.

Hopefully that doesn't delay Ruiner any further though...

3197 Comments. 160 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo