Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2716 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 2, 2016, 07:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Great Alan Moore quote about comics vs film, but I think most old school comic fans knew the movie would fail to fully live up to source material.

The movie wasn't terrible, but the comics were amazing when they came out, and are still great today.

The author ends his video with some optimistic views, but I'm starting to think all this money and attention for comic movie adaptations is hurting the original art form more than helping draw attention to it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2016, 16:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting side note: there was an article last week, about some guy who spent like $1300 on a copy of No Man's Sky early, so he could get a two week head start. It was on PS4 though, not PC, I believe.

These pre-order people need to up their game.

News Comments > BioWare Forums Closing
3. Re: BioWare Forums Closing Jul 29, 2016, 20:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I can't exactly fault them for shutting those forums down. They have been a cesspool for at least a decade.

At any rate, it hardly matters; the 'real' Bioware is long dead/retired. This is just some EA studio now.

2. Re: Into the Black Jul 27, 2016, 20:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

I don't get it, you know how baller you have to be to use your backup lambo to tow your goats? People should be praising that couple in the Lamborghini, if anything.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: The Atomy by Rusty Knights Jul 27, 2016, 15:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

...what the hell? How did this middle school project slip through the Steam Greenlight process?

Also, Russia, and they are asking for a mere $1,000 on Kickstarter. There aren't enough red flags to throw here.

Fort Triumph looks like a low budget fantasy X-Com, in a good way. I'll keep an eye on that.

Nightdive is probably just being honest, with the 2.3million mark for full mod support.

*EDIT* Typo.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2016, 20:38.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Details
3. Re: Diablo III Patch Details Jul 27, 2016, 15:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Diablo 3 still has a great combat engine. The dev team of fourth or fifth stringers though... they are clearly without any real incentive to do anything with the game. Power creep is completely out of control, set design is terrible, and not in the spirit of previous Diablo games.

Allow offline mode and modding on the PC version, Diablo 3 will be the greatest thing ever. Keep it like it is, only the addicts will keep playing.

1. Re: Into the Black Jul 26, 2016, 21:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Obligatory joke: hundreds of combined years of virginity remain preserved...

Seriously though, very impressive. I think I had a Rubik's cube as a kid, around 8-9 years old, never got really into it. If I picked one up now it'd probably take me an hour to solve.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 24, 2016, 20:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Seriously, stop buying GTA5 so the price drops a lot more, so I can buy it.

Also, Earth Defense Force 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair... is that title a joke, or a bad translation or something? I am intensely curious now about that game I've never even heard of before!

News Comments > PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 Announced
4. Re: PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 Announced Jul 22, 2016, 16:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have the first Championship edition, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not going to put 100 hours into it, but it was definitely worth the 3-5$ or whatever it cost on sale.

I am sure some old school 80s Pacman pros are pretty pissed off at the changes though.

News Comments > New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced
27. Re: New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced Jul 22, 2016, 16:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Only $1200?! A bargain! I'll get four, obviously. 2 sets of SLI for my 2 desktops. Two screen Netflix/Minesweeper, here I come!

News Comments > Vikings Wolves of Midgard Announced
1. Re: Vikings Wolves of Midgard Announced Jul 22, 2016, 01:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Norse mythology ARPG? I'm interested. Screenshots don't look too bad... I'll have to see some videos and hear more about the loot/skill situation though.

Something tells me this will be pretty tame though. A premonition, gifted by the Norns...

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jul 21, 2016, 20:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, Yahtzee being pretty harsh on Technomancer.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 21, 2016, 20:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh for fuck's sake. Reading the article, it seems like Genicap(the Dutch company) may actually have a case. Good luck, Hello Games. Probably shouldn't have talked about lifting an algorithm from another source and not paying them.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: removed Jul 20, 2016, 21:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

I always like reading the "Moral Warnings" section of a Christ Centered Gamer review.

"Blood, gore, murder, undead and magic use are all prominent" Hehehehe.

Surprisingly, the CCG review finds the transgender character response from other reviewers "overblown," and was only able to finder the character using a guide.

News Comments > Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free
7. Re: Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free Jul 20, 2016, 20:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cool, I'll pick it up. Free through where, exactly? Steam? Gog? Random website?

Also, Blue, I am pretty sure the studio is DONTNOD, not DONTDOD.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 7 Details
1. Re: Diablo III Season 7 Details Jul 19, 2016, 23:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow... just put in offline mode and allow modding, Blizzard. Your D team is clearly out of any sort of ideas for what to do with the game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: This Lizard... Jul 19, 2016, 18:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, that poor lizard probably baked to death when they drove away, don't see much sun cover in that video.

As for mice, I still use a 10 dollar, 5 button Kensington mouse for my gaming desktop. I should have bought like 10 of these when they were still being made, it has a thumb and a pinky finger button, on either side of the mouse, that are NOT bound together! After this design failed commercially apparently every company started putting 2+ buttons on the left side, or mirroring them on the right side poorly.

I went up about $30-40 for my laptop's mouse, some Corsair that has a plethora of buttons for the thumb only.

Wired mice only, wireless mice batteries die at the worst possible time, Murphy's Law.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 19, 2016, 18:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hacking like this is no longer considered a white collar crime. He falls into the "terrorist" bracket now. I'm surprised he wasn't sent to jail for 20 years.

USA is still #1 in percent of population behind bars, woohoo! *Waves tiny flag* Suck on that, rest of the world!

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2016, 21:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

PHJF wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 18:15:
XCOM2 is $29, only thing standing out.

Oh shit, really? Might be time to buy that, finally.

*EDIT* Also, anybody play Neo Scavenger at all? Tempted to get that also, nice charity setup at IndieGameStand.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jul 17, 2016, 13:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dead Space was a pretty weak port to the PC, but Dead Space 2 is one of my favorite games all time. I thought Dead Space was pretty good when it first came out, bad controls aside.

Dragon Age:Origins? I love that game. Obviously not as good as BG2, but arguably Bioware's last great game.

I'm tempted to buy DA:O on gog just to have everything with no annoying DRM/Bioware account nonsense shoehorned in.

2716 Comments. 136 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo