Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3624 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hawken PC Sunset Coming
2. Re: Hawken PC Sunset Coming Oct 2, 2017, 20:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, they never even made it to an official release? I didn't realize that. I played that game a couple of years ago briefly, thought it was borderline gorgeous but just not my game, so I didn't drop a ton of hours into it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 1, 2017, 21:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm loving D:OS2, but wow, they either ran out of time or money for QA for the later areas. Quest chains especially are noticeably broken in a lot of areas, and it's seemingly possible to break/skip a large chunk of the game in the Nameless Isle, for example.

Still, the combat is fun, my party is beastly, but there are a mounting number of bugs as you progress later on in the game.

I'm not getting the fatal bug ColoradoHoudini is though, luckily. Gog version, updating it through Galaxy.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 22:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 17:52:
East Rutherford, NJ (AP) -A seven-year old boy was at the center of a New Jersey courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the New York Giants, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Haha, nice buildup, excellent payoff.

Also, ugh, 30 year anniversary of The Princess Bride...okay we're officially all old.

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Trailer
1. Re: The Evil Within 2 Trailer Sep 28, 2017, 09:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah yeah, there are new, more evil bad guys this time around, we get it.

More gameplay oriented videos, please.

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend
19. Re: LawBreakers Free Weekend Sep 26, 2017, 23:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 14:23:
Blahman wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 14:11:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 14:00:
Wasn't this game 'ruined' by the latest patch? Aka taking all the speed and skill out of the game, or something? Speaking third hand, I didn't buy this game, but was considering it until I read all the recent negative reviews about patch 1.4+
I have nearly 200 hours in this game...
It's dead jim.
7,579 all-time peak 3 months ago
https://steamdb.info/app/350280/graphs/

Holy shit, that's a bit of a dropoff. 179 peak players now? Thanks for the detailed review, Blahman, also very nice Twitch video of that match. Looks pretty interesting but I don't know if I'm going to buy it if it'll be that empty. Ah, the curse of multiplayer gaming.

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend
10. Re: LawBreakers Free Weekend Sep 26, 2017, 14:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wasn't this game 'ruined' by the latest patch? Aka taking all the speed and skill out of the game, or something? Speaking third hand, I didn't buy this game, but was considering it until I read all the recent negative reviews about patch 1.4+

News Comments > Ruiner Released
4. Re: Ruiner Released Sep 26, 2017, 13:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweeeeeet. Already bought it a few weeks back on Gog, I'll download it when I get home tonight. Hopefully it turned out great.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2017, 07:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Divinity 2 is great; Larian deserves all the success they've had with it so far and hopefully have more in the future.

There's still definitely a few quest chain bugs(some of which have been patched, but require a new game, no save file fixes) but I'm level 17, and pretty much done with the second zone(Driftwood), no fatal bugs so far.

Warfare/Necromancy with a one hander and shield is basically immortal.

That said, every class and combo seems to be fun to play, if not always the most min/max efficient. The NPC origin stories, and the most of the game's writing in general, so far seem to be a vast improvement over the original game's writing.

PS. A little typo there, Blue. should be "10. Dead by Daylight" on its own line, of course.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2017, 21:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

ledhead1969 wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 13:42:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 11:55:
No. Simple enough. If somebody was selling shirts with Mickey Mouse on them, with the character spouting racist nonsense, you would expect Disney's lawyers to be all over them.

The only difference here is Pepe's creator is just a regular citizen without billions of dollars to protect his IP.

The only wrinkle will be that Pepe's creator only has a Common Law Copyright and prior art, no official Copyright, if I remember correctly.

Exactly. Only Disney can make money off of a racist Mickey!

http://www.cracked.com/article_15677_the-9-most-racist-disney-characters.html

You are joking, but yes, Disney can do that all day long if they wanted to, in the modern era, and not get sued, since they own the copyright. Well, not sued for copyright violation, but probably sued for a variety of moral reasons.

Disney was a bad choice as an example, really, Walt was racist as hell. I should have gone with an old school Marvel character. At no point has Professor X ever gone off on a Kramer-esque style rant.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2017, 11:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

No. Simple enough. If somebody was selling shirts with Mickey Mouse on them, with the character spouting racist nonsense, you would expect Disney's lawyers to be all over them.

The only difference here is Pepe's creator is just a regular citizen without billions of dollars to protect his IP.

The only wrinkle will be that Pepe's creator only has a Common Law Copyright and prior art, no official Copyright, if I remember correctly.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2017, 17:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Sep 24, 2017, 17:47:
Firefly: Nathan Fillion celebrates 15th anniversary.

Show still holds up. Browncoats forever!

I loved Firely, and the movie Serenity. However now I can't go back and watch it, because Adam Baldwin is such a piece of shit in real life.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2017, 14:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Lol, the Knicks. It's all been downhill since the early 90s for that team, honestly. I say that as somebody from a family of Knicks fans, by the way.

News Comments > RUINER Boss Trailer
5. Re: RUINER Boss Trailer Sep 23, 2017, 18:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

I hope this turns out great, I already bought it on GoG.

I love the whole aesthetic of this game, the gameplay seems SmashTV-ish enough to satisfy, the music is badass... don't mess up, Reikon.

News Comments > Vampyr Delayd
8. Re: Vampyr Delayd Sep 21, 2017, 11:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, can't really complain too much, there is so much to play already. Divinity: Original Sin 2 is huge, by the way, and I'm already planning my second playthrough, based on my numerous mistakes in this fist one.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2017, 14:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Primalchrome wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 13:12:
I'm not sure where you live....but things aren't always that black and white. Taking out your cell and snapping a movie of Optimus Prime robbing the barista isn't really going to do any good. Most burglaries and robberies become nothing more than paperwork for local cops. They don't spend many resources doing anything about it....because it's low percentage, and they don't make any money doing it. So the deterrent factor starts disappearing in some areas. If the local citizenry begin refusing to allow it to happen...you start recapturing some sense of order.

While I can see your argument being somewhat valid(Brazil maybe), I surely don't want 60+ year old people trying to be vigilantes and fighting people in my city, particularly when where I live, EVERYONE has a gun. I literally do not want to be caught in the crossfire. People can't even drive correctly, I don't trust random people to be vigilante crime fighters, armed with a chair or a gun or otherwise.

Take a video/some pictures. You won't feel like quite as much of a hero, but odds of conviction will go way up with more evidence to back up the witness statements. Are the cops in every city/country going to do the work to track that robber down? Obviously not, but that doesn't give people a license to kill, excuse me, detain via multiple stabbings.

That said, the original article is a non story, it's not like the 59 year old guy is going to successfully be sued in court by the robber.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Sep 20, 2017, 13:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 12:43:
That does look terrible but it has Daniel Wu in it so that's not bad. Love me some Into the Badlands.

Yeah, I'll at least give this a Netflix view, if not a theater view, for Daniel Wu support. Semi-rhyming unintentional.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2017, 13:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 10:33:
Suspect in Starbucks robbery may sue man who stopped him.

The insanity of this could only exist in the USA.. Too bad he didn't kill him.

Tries to rob store, gets stopped, pulls knife, gets disarmed and the guy who stopped him proceeds to stab him.

I don't know about you guys, but I would definitely stab the guy who tried to stab me.

That lawsuit, if one is actually filed(read the article, nothing has actually been given to a court), would be quickly thrown out.

That said, everybody involved in that incident except the cashier is a fucking idiot. You can't randomly attack and try to kill people, without risking getting charged with a crime.

Robbery is bad, random civilians murdering(or trying to, via 17 stab wounds) robbers is even worse. Take a fucking photo or movie with your damn phone and call the cops. What if the robber had pulled a gun instead of a knife, and shot everybody in the store? What if the fake gun he had in the first place had been real, and he shot the teller in the face when he got hit with the chair? Idiotic behavior.

Also, I'm a little disappointed, clearly there were better stories in this post: WHO Antibiotics report, Linda Hamilton is still alive and going back to the Terminator, and a Mad Pooper.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer
6. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Sep 20, 2017, 06:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks awesome; I'm sold.

I need to run through the first one again probably, refresh my memory.

Although I do feel "The Nazis have taken over America" is a little too on the nose right now.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold
20. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 19, 2017, 09:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Congratulations to Larian Studios, I'm loving the game so far, about 22+ hours in.

First playthrough has been a bit rough, with the altered mechanics from D:OS 1, and some quest bugs starting to pop up, but I did notice today, that even GoG has put up 3 patches for the game, so apparently Larian is handling the bugs in a timely fashion. I didn't get a chance yet to see if the patches handle the quest chain issues, but the game is still playable regardless, just some (minor?) side quests from the first area that don't resolve correctly.

So far though, aside from the minor bugs, I am extremely impressed with this game. I want to hesitantly claim that pretty much ANY build can be made viable with some experience, dual wield wands, staff, 1h/Shield, two hand melee, two hand ranged, dual wield melee, mixed with any class combos pretty much can be made to work. It does help to have a movement ability or two for each character though, teleport or one of the Rogue/Wayfarer teleport moves.

The game looks and sounds gorgeous, and has great mechanics (except for not being able to stack junk loot like some types of plates and bottles, etc.)

It even runs reasonably well on my older laptop, with some settings turned down.

News Comments > Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer
1. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 16, 2017, 19:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game is still free to play, right? I guess I should get around to trying Warframe, and forget about the Destiny 2 nonsense.

Anybody still active in Warframe, with an up to date opinion on the gameplay/grind?

3624 Comments. 182 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo