Total Posts
6895 (Guru)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

6895 Comments. 345 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    345  ] Older

Re: Jagged Alliance 3 Announced
Sep 18, 2021, 01:22
Re: Jagged Alliance 3 Announced Sep 18, 2021, 01:22
Sep 18, 2021, 01:22

Well, this is like the fourth studio to do a Jagged Alliance game now? I did like the Jagged Alliance: Back in Action and Crossfire games that came out recently in... 2012!?! Wow it's been awhile.

Haemimont's only game like this was Omerta, which was... okay. Hopefully this turns out far better.

Re: Out of the Blue
Sep 17, 2021, 14:22
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2021, 14:22
Sep 17, 2021, 14:22

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 17, 2021, 13:11:
Random recommendation: If you like crime dramas try "Mare of Easttown". Binged it yesterday and I think it lived up to the good reviews it has gotten. Not too long at seven 1-hr episodes. They are apparently considering a second season if they can find a good story.

You liked Mare of Easttown? I couldn't make it through the first episode... too slow, people were too annoying. It seemed well done but maybe not my cup of tea.

Re: Battlefield 2042 Delay Official
Sep 15, 2021, 21:45
Re: Battlefield 2042 Delay Official Sep 15, 2021, 21:45
Sep 15, 2021, 21:45

I'd be amazed that a game of this scope wasn't going to be delayed, with the pandemic on. People are still dropping like flies, and filling up hospitals. By November I might even be finished with Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

Re: SYNTHETIK 2 Early Access in November
Sep 14, 2021, 16:20
Re: SYNTHETIK 2 Early Access in November Sep 14, 2021, 16:20
Sep 14, 2021, 16:20

Hrm, this seems fairly fast. Are they even done working on Synthetik one yet?

Re: Dying Light 2 Delayed Again
Sep 14, 2021, 14:11
Re: Dying Light 2 Delayed Again Sep 14, 2021, 14:11
Sep 14, 2021, 14:11

Well, can't say I'm overly surprised, given it's rocky development so far.

Hopefully it turns out awesome, I had a lot of fun with the first game.

Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Selling Well
Sep 11, 2021, 19:03
Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Selling Well Sep 11, 2021, 19:03
Sep 11, 2021, 19:03

Fion wrote on Sep 11, 2021, 13:17:
Yea you can put crusade mode on auto. But NOTE: Once it's turned on, you can't turn it back off. Also at least one of the Mythic Paths (I believe Gold Dragon, don't quote me on that) cannot be accessed if you turn on auto mode because it requires you actively play through it to unlock it.

It may be more than 1 path, I keep reading that the Lich path is blocked if you auto-battle the crusade mode also.

That said, the mode isn't too hard, it's basically Heroes of Might and Magic lite. Although the numbers feel a little off: time to spawn more troops(1 week) seems too long, prices for troops seem far too high given how big enemy armies get, and damage on some units such as the Shield Bearer seem FAR too low. But that can all be patched, obviously. Just don't buy a lot of shield bearers for now.

I can definitely see it being pretty tedious though, if you have a general that doesn't have Pierce armor as a spell, you could be there all day vs gargoyles and some of the other mid range enemy units. It's pretty classic HoMM or King's Bounty; get big stacks of units, buff them up, hit first and win. Heal up before the last enemy dies, unless you have a ton of hospitals built. Also, having just one mega army is probably the better choice for most people until you get enough money and units to support a second general and army; there are only so many low level enemy armies around to level off of.

Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Selling Well
Sep 10, 2021, 21:31
Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Selling Well Sep 10, 2021, 21:31
Sep 10, 2021, 21:31

I wonder if that 250k is counting backers, etc. ? Either way, congratulations to them, the game is an amazing achievement: fun, extremely interesting systems and lore, looks and sounds amazing, has a serious amount of well done content, as well as doubling down on the complexity of Kingmaker in some ways(may be a negative for some) but if you are into Baldur's Gate style games, look here.

*Disclaimer: I am thoroughly addicted, it's been out for a week, and I have... 75 hours played? According to GoG. That's not all 'good' time obviously, some decent amount of time playing with the character generator, and burning some time testing various paths in the quests and on every level up. Also redoing some army battles/realm decisions, etc.

So much stuff is going on under the hood in the game, I'm surprised it's only as buggy as it is. Once you're into the 'main' game, the number of bugs (or questionable design/balance decisions) jumped up a bit, but it's still playable. I think it's entirely possible to utterly lose your towns and base early on, if you screw up the army portion and get stuck waiting for extremely slow and expensive reinforcements or mercenaries, even if your 6 man team is utterly into beast mode, winning every small battle.

The writing overall seems to be a big improvement over Kingmaker, albeit with some questionable alignment based dialogues. Not to say it's great, as the basic premise is a bit ludicrous, the main PC has to run the country, run the armies, and also adventure with up to 5 NPCs in dungeons and so forth. There are only so many hours in the day, Owlcat games. Still, it'd be an understatement to say I'm really enjoying the work. Also, there are so many ways to build killer class combos and setups... I can see myself doing a couple more playthroughs, for story and build reasons, let alone once DLC comes out.

The game probably needs a few numbers/balance patches... stuff is simply too expensive too early, losing armies to a bad fight is catastrophic, and the damage on 'core' style settings is literally insane too early. Later on you can mitigate, but it makes the front end difficulty too high in my opinion. Sure you can turn battle difficulty down, but it'll probably cause a lot of people to just uninstall and miss out on the amazing meat of the game.

Tool tips and tutorial tips are great, right up until the empire management pops up. It's not too complex to learn on the fly, but everything takes days or weeks, and it seems like you can easily lose the game very early into the management portion with a few bad choices too.

TLDR, if you liked the first Pathfinder:Kingmaker game, and or BG2, try this, it's already a flawed masterpiece, with only a few quick patches so far and no DLC.

Re: Into the Black
Sep 10, 2021, 14:55
Re: Into the Black Sep 10, 2021, 14:55
Sep 10, 2021, 14:55

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 10, 2021, 11:14:
I want to state up front that I am in no way against electric vehicles.

There are several problems that must be addressed before they can see mass adoption:

• Charging infrastructure built in to homes and apartments by default in all areas, not just urban environments.
  • Inexpensive retrofits to currently existing structures to provide charging capability.
  • Far, far more reliable power grids. Texas, for example, couldn't handle people turning on their heaters in February and we often see brownouts or blackouts in summer when people use their AC systems. Add to that climate change which is going to increase electricity usage.
  • Clean power generation. There's no point in going electric if you're ramping up "clean" coal plants to provide the electricity necessary to charge these vehicles. You're merely exchanging one source of pollution for another.
  • Better battery technology in terms of range, shelf life, materials, scale, and replacements. Current battery technology is incredibly toxic and wasteful. Moreover, they're expensive and difficult to replace.
  • Range and charge speed. The most current data I can find for 2021 shows that the Tesla Model S has a maximum range of 421 miles, which is the longest available range in a consumer vehicle. However, that vehicles is $80K. You need that kind of range in a $25K car (which would be the Honda Civic LX). For those of us that use trucks as something more than garage queen status symbols, we need range and towing capacity. When towing our trailer to go camping, it takes me about ten minutes to fill up the tank. I'm not going to wait 2 hours for a "fast" charge before continuing on our journey and I very much doubt most people would, either.

Electric cars are cool, no doubt, but it's rather myopic to think they can replace every vehicle in every application. They're too inconvenient and expensive (when TCO is tallied) for the average person at this time. That needs to change for mass adoption.

I don't think anyone is going to claim that electric vehicles can replace every vehicle in every application, except for some diehard fanboys somewhere on social media. Your list is correct, as far as issues that humanity is going to have to overcome, sooner or later. Electric car adoption may hasten some of that, we'll see. Too inconvenient and too expensive... well maybe, I guess, depends on the definition of average person, but I think we'll see a pretty rapid shift to electric in our lifetimes, maybe even within the next 5-10 years. We'll probably see the start of that in the US when Ford releases their Lightning truck... next year?

Re: Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection Coming to PC
Sep 10, 2021, 10:33
Re: Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection Coming to PC Sep 10, 2021, 10:33
Sep 10, 2021, 10:33

Nice, I played like... Uncharted 1 and 2? On PS3, thought they were pretty cool, if a bit cut sceney at times. Never got a PS4 or PS5, so this is excellent news.

Re: Into the Black
Sep 10, 2021, 10:31
Re: Into the Black Sep 10, 2021, 10:31
Sep 10, 2021, 10:31

Electric all wheel drive high performance cars are going to smoke any ICE (internal combustion engine) vehicles (that are road legal). Too much torque, too much acceleration, especially for a motorcycle that's going to wheelie up. ICE cars or trucks, aside from maybe Hoonigan style super alcohol monsters, are going to lose to these electric vehicles too.

Re: Get Nioh: The Complete Edition and Sheltered for Free
Sep 10, 2021, 10:21
Re: Get Nioh: The Complete Edition and Sheltered for Free Sep 10, 2021, 10:21
Sep 10, 2021, 10:21

Wow, the EGS freebies have overtaken my low priority wishlist, I hadn't even gotten around to buying this on Steam yet.

*EDIT* Dammit, this is the first one, not Nioh 2... curses, I had bought this on sale on Steam at some point.

Re: The Riftbreaker Next Month
Sep 9, 2021, 15:12
Re: The Riftbreaker Next Month Sep 9, 2021, 15:12
Sep 9, 2021, 15:12

jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2021, 22:41:
I'll get it if there's a speed setting. Default speed looks to frenetic and stressful for me to have a good time.

The demo is still on Steam and GoG I believe, if you want to try it out. It looks way faster in this video, or at least zoomed in way too close. Zoom out, shoot guys long range, plus let your towers do most of the work!

Or plant mines and other traps and let the massed enemies run onto them, etc. This video makes the game look like more of an isometric shooter, when it's (or at least the demo seems) like it's about 50% that and 50% base building/static defense.

Offtopic: I've been playing Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous whenever I have free time and it's... amazing. And Infuriating. And insanely complex. It's awesome. I don't know if I can recommend it enough, to people who like Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale or Pathfinder Kingmaker, etc.

Re: Matrix Resurrections
Sep 9, 2021, 15:03
Re: Matrix Resurrections Sep 9, 2021, 15:03
Sep 9, 2021, 15:03

Well, remake/reboot/sequel, I'm down regardless, since it's coming day one to HBO Max! I am certainly interested to see what they want to do with it after 20 years or so, besides making money, I mean.

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Launch Timing Specified
Sep 9, 2021, 15:00
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Launch Timing Specified Sep 9, 2021, 15:00
Sep 9, 2021, 15:00

christheshitter wrote on Sep 9, 2021, 14:10:
Personal stash in multiplayer is going to destroy D2R. The new team is destroying the vision of Blizzard North.

That's probably way easier on their servers than having people repeatedly join and drop out of games to move stuff between mules, and/or create multiple empty game instances per player for moving gear.

Re: Battling Bugs
Sep 9, 2021, 14:59
Re: Battling Bugs Sep 9, 2021, 14:59
Sep 9, 2021, 14:59

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 9, 2021, 14:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2021, 13:30:
I wonder what part of this game actually works without issues?

Charging for microtransactions.

*Ba Dumm Tssssh!*

Re: AMD Far Cry 6 and Resident Evil Village Game Bundle
Sep 9, 2021, 14:56
Re: AMD Far Cry 6 and Resident Evil Village Game Bundle Sep 9, 2021, 14:56
Sep 9, 2021, 14:56

Interesting, my new desktop is all AMD. I wonder if it's worth the price of those two games to jump through the assorted hoops to get them?

*EDIT* BULLSHIT, only a few selected retailers for new comps. Bleh.

Re: The Riftbreaker Next Month
Sep 8, 2021, 11:15
Re: The Riftbreaker Next Month Sep 8, 2021, 11:15
Sep 8, 2021, 11:15

Sweet, I've had this in my wish list for like a year; the demo was great, hopefully the full game is awesome!

Re: El Salvador - Bitcoin foolishness
Sep 6, 2021, 20:24
Re: El Salvador - Bitcoin foolishness Sep 6, 2021, 20:24
Sep 6, 2021, 20:24

I am never going to understand why people keep trying to use these cryptocoins as actual currency... when the value fluctuates that much, it's simply not valid to use as a day to day currency, let alone a way to pay workers. How fucking pointless does work become if your pay can lose 50% of it's value in an hour? Scammers will get rich off this, people with fewer financial resources will suffer.

That's ignoring how energy intensive and SLOW Bitcoin is for transactions. Hopefully people will learn from this, but of course, based on the past 5 years or so, it's safe to say they won't.

Re: Paradox Employee Survey Reports "Offensive Treatment"
Sep 6, 2021, 20:18
Re: Paradox Employee Survey Reports "Offensive Treatment" Sep 6, 2021, 20:18
Sep 6, 2021, 20:18

yonder wrote on Sep 6, 2021, 19:48:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 6, 2021, 15:21:
Not too surprising, given Paradox's upper management directive to DLC the shit out of every game beyond all sense of decency or even shame.

Yes, because using non-required DLC to fund free updates for years upon years always directly correlates to sexual misbehavior.

Man... I was I was capable of being this simplistic. Life must be much easier that way.

I used to engage people who shared this idiotic perspective on PDX's DLC policy and, almost without fail, helped them understand why it's a great way to do business.

But I'm just mentally exhausted and, if someone STILL has this opinion after all these years, they're either incredibly defense or they just get off on blind hatred.

Either way, pity is the only reaction they get from me anymore.

I guess attempted humor really doesn't translate well through text, but please don't add 2+2 to get 37.

Re: Paradox Employee Survey Reports "Offensive Treatment"
Sep 6, 2021, 15:21
Re: Paradox Employee Survey Reports "Offensive Treatment" Sep 6, 2021, 15:21
Sep 6, 2021, 15:21

Not too surprising, given Paradox's upper management directive to DLC the shit out of every game beyond all sense of decency or even shame.
6895 Comments. 345 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    345  ] Older