Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4837 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 16, 2019, 09:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, not sure I can continually get MORE hyped every time I hear about BG3, and not have a coronary.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft and Joseph Gordon-Levitt Draw Fire for Game Music Solicitation
6. Re: Ubisoft and Joseph Gordon-Levitt Draw Fire for Game Music Solicitation Jul 16, 2019, 09:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kxmode wrote on Jul 15, 2019, 19:01:
There are two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

Ah, the classic fallacy of starting with only two sides to a story.

News Comments > Antstream Arcade Launches
2. Re: Antstream Arcade Launches Jul 15, 2019, 13:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

recall2000 wrote on Jul 15, 2019, 12:21:
Maybe I'm just old and tight, but 10/month?! Maybe I'm missing something, but this is just to stream old Amiga/C64/Spectrum games? Don't get me wrong, I loved some of the games from that era - Thing On a Spring, James Pond, Sabre Wulf etc. etc., but 10/month o_O. I'm out.

Welcome to the latest corporate strategy to separate you from your money; Everything is a Subscription! Indefinitely! Own Nothing!

Of course you shouldn't sign up for this shit.

News Comments > The Division Single-Player Spinoff Discussion
1. Re: The Division Single-Player Spinoff Discussion Jul 14, 2019, 12:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, it could work, but I doubt they'll spend the kind of money/manpower they spent on either Division 1 or 2.

I expect to see/hear a LOT of recycled assets.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Roadmap
1. Re: Epic Games Store Roadmap Jul 14, 2019, 12:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Long Term:

- Raise prices exponentially once the competition is destroyed! *Mwahaahahahahaha!*

- Also never bother to implement a lot of features, because we already got these suckers.

News Comments > Factorio Seeks G2A Chargeback Refund
15. Re: Factorio Seeks G2A Chargeback Refund Jul 14, 2019, 12:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

FloorPie wrote on Jul 13, 2019, 22:04:

I've noticed I'm getting hit with foreign exchange fees thru paypal managed credit card charges now on one of my cards for GoG purchases which means I'm paying $1-3 more for games in some cases.

Slightly off topic: I am currently in the US, and buy things off Gog, via Paypal balance. This avoids the fees and/or your credit card company blocking the foreign charge. The More You Know! *Rainbow*

I usually keep about $50 or so in Paypal balance, mainly for GoG games.

*Disclaimer: Use strong passwords, never use the same password for multiple sites, use different emails, etc.

News Comments > Factorio Seeks G2A Chargeback Refund
8. Re: Factorio Seeks G2A Chargeback Refund Jul 13, 2019, 20:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit, the chargeback fee to the Developer/Publisher is $20 !?!? That's insane! Is that automatically filed by the credit card companies when a customer reports a suspicious charge? It seems like that could potentially bankrupt small studios.

News Comments > G2A Proposes Key-Blocking Tool
13. Re: G2A Proposes Key-Blocking Tool Jul 12, 2019, 15:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, are these going to be the new Star Citizen-level threads?

El Pit -> I hope you're wrong, but yeah, publishers at least definitely seem to want to move us all to some streaming/subscription bullshit services.

Luckily we'll all be too busy fighting for food, clean water and dry land in like 10 years.

News Comments > The Division 2 Free Content This Month
2. Re: The Division 2 Free Content This Month Jul 11, 2019, 22:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice. This game is still a lot of fun for me, about 280 hours in. I can't wait for the skill change update to drop; I'm going to be decimating the npcs with seeker mines and bomb drones. I've been using the exotic gunslinger holster and shield skill recently... that's ALREADY awesome, even before the shield buff, especially with Blooddrinker or whatever that 11 blue/defense talent is called that gives you extra armor.

My only real complaint so far is that some of the Hunter spawns are bugged for my main character. It's a known bug, but apparently low priority enough that it's still not fixed. I will probably just do the bugged Hunters on my other character, but he's still a bit undergeared, oh well. The Dark Zone is a bit of a shit show at the moment, but it kinda always was even in tD1, so not much has changed really.

I'd be tempted to buy the Year 1 Pass scam, but it's still full price, and there's currently only ONE Y1P mission? Complete ripoff.

Also, the Minigun of the new Specialization is mostly shit. Oh well, it'll probably get buffed eventually.

News Comments > Disintegration Revealed
2. Re: Disintegration Revealed Jul 11, 2019, 21:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jul 11, 2019, 21:35:
Looks like some kind of skimmer or space fighter.

Plot twist, it's actually a Myst style scenery search game.

News Comments > More G2A Follow-up
19. Re: More G2A Follow-up Jul 9, 2019, 10:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Jul 8, 2019, 14:46:
thestryker wrote on Jul 8, 2019, 13:48:
they don't give a shit about anything but profit.

By that standard, they fit in well with the large majority of the gaming industry human race...

Fixed that for you.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Jul 8, 2019, 19:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh dear. This can only end in tears of rage.

Although good on them, if they copied paid homage to the Apex Legends Ping system.

News Comments > Mike Rose Starts G2A Petition
22. Re: Mike Rose Starts G2A Petition Jul 7, 2019, 13:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jerykk wrote on Jul 6, 2019, 21:03:

"Shitty loophole." You mean the right of customers to sell products they've legally obtained? Because that's what G2A allows. It's essentially the eBay for game keys. Mike Ross made it very clear that he's offended by unauthorized reselling as a whole (hence his criticism of people selling bundle keys), not just fraudulent purchases. Of course devs and pubs dislike unauthorized reselling. That gives them way less control over pricing. They'd rather have a closed garden than an open market.

This would be a good argument, if the specter of stolen credit cards/money laundering wasn't hovering over each of these keys. You have no idea if they're legally obtained. They definitely weren't used and then resold (which would be a valid use of the Fair Sale Doctrine argument in the US); people are buying large quantities of keys *somehow* and then immediately selling them. At the very least it's approaching ticket scalping type behavior, which is illegal in many countries.

Morally bankrupt, definitely. Currently legal for people to buy out of region and resell in a more expensive region? Yes, but as you're sticking it to the man keep in mind that eventually those cheaper regions will simply no longer be offered games at low prices, or potentially have them offered at all. Your short term gains will screw many people over in the long term. Act as you will, I guess.

*Disclaimer* I bought 2 games off of G2A years ago, for obscenely low prices, (near release day both times) and was curious why the prices were so low. I stopped after hearing about credit card fraud. Both were Steam keys, neither one got revoked. Origin: "global."

If G2A works out something with Steam/Gog/Origin/Uplay/EGS etc. to resell peoples' game keys they used and no longer want, I'd support them, but good luck with that.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 7, 2019, 12:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jul 6, 2019, 18:33:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 6, 2019, 14:01:
I think that VPN link is a bit misleading. Those might be the top "free" VPNs but they aren't the top VPNs worldwide in terms of quality and performance.

It's a good reminder that there's no such thing as a free lunch.

What continues to astound me is that people flock to VPNs like humanity just became altruistic and helpful or something. Why the fuck would anyone trust any VPN, paid or unpaid? You are literally routing all your traffic through a third party monitor, who does whatever the hell they feel like with it at that point. Even if they aren't immediately turning over all data to various state agencies, they are probably selling meta data and maybe personal data to corporate entities.

It's about as bad as people installing any and every application some random nutjob or corporate entity makes on their phones, then being surprised when they send data home.

tl/dr: anything online is public and recorded, by multiple parties. Act accordingly. Don't install apps on your phone, but it's already a tracking device anyway, sooo....

News Comments > Mike Rose Starts G2A Petition
11. Re: Mike Rose Starts G2A Petition Jul 5, 2019, 21:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2019, 20:10:
mxmissile wrote on Jul 5, 2019, 19:19:
Mike Rose is just a whiny bitch, seriously, if you give out that many keys, and said keys are able to kill your sales, Mike, YOU are doing it wrong. Get control of your inventory, don't give out keys where G2A can get them. This is all you and your incompetence, stop passing the buck.

Exactly. Those keys aren't stolen so the problem is entirely of his own making. If you have proof of stolen keys and chargebacks, post them or stfu already.

He literally gave a real world example of obvious credit card fraud/money laundering using keys for his game and G2A... what more do you want to see?

Somebody bought 100+ keys off Steam(near full price), and resold them for half price on G2A. Either that person is a saint, or bought them via stolen credit card(s) or for money laundering purposes.

News Comments > G2A Fights Back
29. Re: G2A Fights Back Jul 5, 2019, 21:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Renegades Hang wrote on Jul 5, 2019, 18:19:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 5, 2019, 12:51:
....The remainder of their keys are bought in low price markets and resold, which is at best, in a gray area legally.

How is that a grey area in any way whatsoever? If Amazon is selling $20 basketballs for $10 and I buy a bunch of them and sell them for $15 once the Amazon price returns to normal, who has been cheated here? Everyone benefits: Amazon sold more basketballs than they otherwise would have, the person who bought them from me saved $5 more than they would have at $20, and I made money I wouldn't have for orchestrating the transaction.

You're thinking about this on a personal level. One person doing this would be no problem. On a large scale, it'll just drive up prices for people living in discount key/third world countries. Now of course in the short term the hypothetical you can profit, but in the long term you screw over a LOT of people(strangers of course) by your hypothetical greed/scalping.

As far as your other points, as jdreyer said, it's very easy for game companies to revoke/annul keys for games these days, and most companies refuse to give the end customer any sort of refund. It happens all of the time now.

News Comments > Starbase Video
4. Re: Starbase Video Jul 5, 2019, 13:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 4, 2019, 22:42:
As a concept this is amazing, but I feel like they just implemented actual work into a game system. Where is the reward? What's the point?

Hopefully that sort of feature gets added to the base game or by mods shortly after, because you and Tipsy McStagger are completely correct, any fun will shortly get lost in soul draining repairs every 5 seconds.

Still, I'm hopeful either the developers or modders will implement *Repair All* before or shortly after release.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint?
15. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? Jul 5, 2019, 13:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Whenever RDR2 (or RDR1 for that matter) comes out on PC, I'll be interested. Rockstar Social Club is trash, but it didn't stop me from playing Max Payne 3, I just waited for a decent sale. RDR2 would probably be about the same story, decent sale, I'll probably buy it.

I don't have any modern consoles, so the game will be new to me at the time of release.

News Comments > G2A Fights Back
9. Re: G2A Fights Back Jul 5, 2019, 12:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Acleacius wrote on Jul 5, 2019, 12:43:
I guess that means all the other key sites like Kinguin and CDKeys are all bought with stolen credit cards, too. Otherwise I can't think of how they could all be selling for about the same prices.
Guess I need to be more careful trying to stick it to big corps.

Honestly, any cd key resale site is probably at least partially stocked with either stolen keys or 'real' keys bought with stolen credit cards. The remainder of their keys are bought in low price markets and resold, which is at best, in a gray area legally.

Credit card companies don't give a fuck these days, unless the charges are in the tens of thousands of dollars. If nobody calls to report the card stolen, they just bill the customer; if somebody does call, they just cancel those charges and the guy who bought that key from G2A ends up getting screwed eventually.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Video
12. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 5, 2019, 00:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looks like Borderlands 2.3, to the deep sale list you go!

4837 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo