Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2808 (Senior)
User ID 54863
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 Trailers
1. Re: Resident Evil 7 Trailers Oct 25, 2016, 13:33 MoreLuckThanSkill
Picking up herbs, combining them in your MICROSCOPIC inventory... it's definitely a Resident Evil game.

Classic Blunder, for that second clip. STOMP ON HIS DAMN HEAD.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 24, 2016, 20:38 MoreLuckThanSkill
Blue, ban that bot, tem ple ** run (two).

Two posts, both leading to links I'm not in the mood to expose my computer to at the moment.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 23, 2016, 10:40 MoreLuckThanSkill
That Sam Harris Ted talk, Stephen Hawking, and plenty of other very smart people have brought up the caution we need to have for real AI.

Unfortunately, long before we get to that point, the remnants of humanity will be killing each other for scraps of food and drinkable water in some sort of Mad Max level wasteland.

I don't think people realize how much we've fucked up the planet, and how rough it's probably going to get in the near future. Even if the human race somehow magically fixes the climate, the level of wealth inequality is only increasing. Eventually people will get tired of starving in the gutter while billionaires buy private islands.

I'm just glad I'm old enough to be safely dead before this planet really turns to shit.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released
59. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 23, 2016, 03:10 MoreLuckThanSkill
Okay, got about 10 hours in, had some pretty great games and some completely shitty games so far. Some questions have arisen:

1) Is there a BF1 version of Battlelog or equivalent function, so you can save the performance(extended stats) from a given round?

I just went 32-1 in a heavy tank(AV7), and I had 2 sick shots on aircraft, (Heavy Tank main gun AT shell will 1 hit kill all planes up to the Bomber, apparently ), and some way to save the game ala BF4 would be great. Unfortunately the stats are setup more like SW:Battlefront, it seems? Aka no detailed saving of stats per round.

2) How the hell do you actually spend the war bonds? I've been trying to unlock random guns/items to test, nothing is allowed. I'm of the required level, just nothing happens when I click on an item. I have thousands now, seemingly useless.

3) Being able to move some of my Tank apocalypse points to infantry classes would be great, but there probably isn't any option to do that.

4) Can you throw ammo/hp from the horse, or do you have to dismount? The horse has been extremely unlucky for me, the second I get one a Behemoth shoots me or something, every time.

5) Crawl speed button for tanks is utterly useless. Is there a sprint/extra gas button hidden somewhere?

Anyway, so far it's been that maddening mix of glorious triumph mixed with online multiplayer bullshit. Some of the maps seem to honestly be confusing to some players, 90% of the population of the server will be fighting over 1 or 2 flags on certain maps, hopefully people start to spread out over time.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released
9. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 21, 2016, 12:21 MoreLuckThanSkill
The Battlefield series has never been realistic. At all.

Once you progress past that mental hurdle, you can have fun in this game.

The single player and multiplayer are mostly bug free, especially compared to BF4's launch. Some people are having fps issues with Win10 and Titans, and some other configs, but I'm betting that's all the Shadowplay/Win 10 Gamestream or whatever it's called recording. I updated the drivers on my GTX 1070 and I'm getting 120+ fps in multiplayer, 144 in single player.

The single player is simply gorgeous, although the enemy AI isn't great, and it seems like it'll be very short. So far I'm through the first two chapters. I think the Harlem Hellfighters got ripped off, that portion should have been far longer, and it would have had the trench battles a lot of people are going to be looking for. Still, DICE seems to have really done their homework about the settings and weapons in the game, although yes, obviously, the experimental weapons laying around and being used were NOT that widespread.

Multiplayer, I've had one terrible game, extremely lopsided numerically and skill wise, but I changed servers and had some pretty good games and two arguably great games, considering it was release day. People were playing as squads, dropping ammo and reviving, playing objectives and worked together to take down the Behemoths in the latter games.

Time to Kill seems acceptable so far, for Scout/Assault/Medic. People playing Support with the LMGs are probably going to be pissed for awhile, they aren't that good(accurracy or damage), based on my limited time with them so far.

The visuals and audio are spectacular. I tried, half seriously, to get everybody to lay down their weapons on one map, so we could just experience the visual splendor of that Swiss coast(Italian Coast?) map with the naval Behemoth.

*Disclaimer* I bought off of GreenManGaming using the discount codes pasted in Bluesnews a couple weeks ago, for $45.39 standard edition.

But, if you haven't liked the Battlefield series in the past 6-10 years you aren't going to like this one much either. The basic gameplay is largely the same.

Unfortunately I have to go to work now, or I'd be tempted to play all day.
News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 20, 2016, 21:12 MoreLuckThanSkill
*Gestures towards the officer*

I am going to be so depressed if Rogue One isn't at least 'very good.'

Too much to hope for, for it be great or amazing.
News Comments > David Brevik Joins Path of Exile
12. Re: David Brevik Joins Path of Exile Oct 19, 2016, 21:42 MoreLuckThanSkill
I got sick of Path of Exile almost before it came out of open beta. I tried to get back into it a couple of times since then, but something about the game still feels off to me, although it's definitely improved quite a bit over the years.

Burned out on Diablo 3, the only ARPG I'm still playing is Grim Dawn, which I still find really enjoyable, in spite of it being somewhere between PoE and D3 in terms of combat fun and class/loot options. They are making some great strides in itemization for Grim Dawn with the last couple of patches, but the weakness of the game will always be the Titan Quest-ish skill tree, that usually limits you to 3-4 strong skills and a couple one point wonders.

Hopefully some studio is out there in the shadows, learning from all three games(and maybe a little from Torchlight 2 also), and making the end all be all of ARPGs as we speak.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 19, 2016, 21:36 MoreLuckThanSkill
Looks great...really good casting choices for Guardians, it seems. The cast has great chemistry, and the inter-squad dialogue is awesome.

Most of the other Marvel movies seem to lack that out of battle fun, or at least have trouble maintaining it in sequels.

I'm looking forward to Guardians 2 with some serious fanboy anticipation at this point.
News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 19, 2016, 21:26 MoreLuckThanSkill
Shadow Warrior 2 is awesome, far superior in gameplay(in my humble opinion) to SW1. The music is great, the art is pretty good, the controls are some of the tightest I've seen in a FPS in awhile. Itemization is pretty good, although melee can dominate through power use, rare guns start to become really good as you progress. Crafting, which unlocks later in the campaign, is reasonably well done.

The story seems to be about on par with SW1, not terrible, not great.

The strong point of the game is definitely the combat, mixing in various element types with ranged/melee, with a ton of active dodging and power use.

After seeing negative comments on Blues, I'm starting to wonder what exactly people expect from a 30-40 dollar game.
News Comments > New Paragon Character Next Week
1. Re: New Paragon Character Next Week Oct 19, 2016, 21:16 MoreLuckThanSkill
Hrm, this game looks so gorgeous, and I got like $250 worth of Paragon Points with my video card, perhaps I should try it.

Anybody actually play this game, with an opinion based on actual game time?
News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Oct 19, 2016, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill
Oblique Battlefield 1 topic:

Anybody else buy Battlefield 1 on GreenmanGaming?

Theoretically we should be getting our GMG BF1 keys today... yet no key has appeared, for me at least.

Not on the website, no emailed key either.

At this point, it's starting to feel like I just should have spent the extra money and bought on Origin.

As far as the server price:

$300/12 = $25 a month. That's not great, but split that up amongst a clan of 10 or 20 and that's not a big deal at all, honestly.

Small price to pay to be able to ban cheaters immediately, for most Battlefield veteran players.

Very annoying that PC players will be paying almost double 50% more than the console price though, but then again do console versions even have 64 players?

*EDIT* Whoops, math.
News Comments > Titanfall 2 Trailer
3. Re: Titanfall 2 Trailer Oct 19, 2016, 21:05 MoreLuckThanSkill
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 20:36:
Yeah looks like it could be fun (it's a proper SP campaign this time, right?), but those graphics are total Call-of-Duty-style last generation. Why you need a 1080 to run that at 4k is beyond me...

Game looks great, looks pretty fun too. As for the 1080 requirement, isn't this still some weird version of the Source engine? It's way past its initial design at this point, probably very inefficient compared to whatever version of engine DICE is using on Battlefield 1, for example.

Of course, they are never going to use a new engine for Titanfall or CoD until people stop buying the game... catch 22.
News Comments > Another Wolfenstein Sequel Hint
4. Re: Another Wolfenstein Sequel Hint Oct 19, 2016, 21:01 MoreLuckThanSkill
Well, I'm a bit on the fence. I'll most likely get another Wolfenstein game and play it through, but it feels like we just had the Old Blood not too long ago?

Anyway, Battlefield 1, Shadow Warrior 2, Space Hulk: Deathwing. I may be FPSed out by the time a Wolf game hits in a year or so.
News Comments > D.Va StarCraft II Announcer Coming
2. Re: D.Va StarCraft II Announcer Coming Oct 18, 2016, 11:05 MoreLuckThanSkill
Base Under Attack
Unit Under Attack
Not Enough Minerals
Not Enough Gas
Supply Limit Reached
Ally Under Attack
Ally Requesting Aid(depending on what new things they set up)
Player X lost their Town Hall, Buildings Exposed
Player X Eliminated
You Win/You Lose
Your Team Wins/Your Team Loses
Cannot Place Building There
Cannot Move Unit There

I haven't played SC2 at all since the Zerg expansion came out, so who knows, but you get the idea.
News Comments > Valve on Illegal Skin Gambling
2. Re: Valve on Skin Illegal Gambling Oct 18, 2016, 10:58 MoreLuckThanSkill
Valve's lawyers answered this one on full alert mode, nothing else to see here, really.
News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 18, 2016, 10:55 MoreLuckThanSkill
theglaze wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 15:48:
Both reviewers for Battlefield 1 say it's as good or better than Bad Company have my attention Dice!

...BC2 was pretty good, but seriously, why do so many people think it was better than BF1942? Mind boggling!

Opinions will differ, of course.

I'm salty due to having to wait several more days than any Origin Pre-Order for BF1, because I went cheap and bought it on GreenManGaming.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
14. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 10:51 MoreLuckThanSkill
nin wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 09:39:

I'll let you guys know how awesome it is!

Fuuuuuuuuck. Console only !!!!

Not that surprising though, really.
News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption Teasing?
19. Re: More Red Dead Redemption Teasing? Oct 17, 2016, 16:21 MoreLuckThanSkill
Dacron wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 14:47:
They're adding 7 DLC cowboys to GTA online?

That would be hilarious!

I assume they aren't that trollish though.
News Comments > Adding Two-Step Logins
17. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 17, 2016, 08:08 MoreLuckThanSkill
Jivaro wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 22:15:

I see what you mean but there is nothing about this that prevents sharing. There isn't a device limit so at worst it makes sharing a process that the sharer has to be involved in for 1 or 2 extra steps that take a grand total of 30 seconds before the sharee can be ready to roll.

If anything, all this does is make sure you are sharing with whom you mean to be sharing.

Well, true, I guess it's not that bad, just annoying.

I find two-step authentication like this a hassle usually, I'm leaning towards disabling it, at this point.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2016, 18:53 MoreLuckThanSkill
Shadow Warrior 2 is pretty damned good.

Now, Space Hulk:Deathwing needs to turn out really well, so I can justify the risk of preordering it in a few weeks.
2808 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News logo