Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 3786 (Veteran)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 22, 2018, 22:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 07:39:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 02:23:
Metalhead episode was good but all you need to defeat it is a paint gun and make sure you break all USB ports as you go.
The dog was part of a much larger network of Metalheads. In the last scene when the compound was surrounded by them, I don't think all the paint in the world would have saved her. {wink}

Also, it's Britain(probably?), not nearly enough guns over there to put a dent in the murderous robot dog population. In the US, the survivors would be tripping over piles of armor piercing military grade hardware every 10 feet.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 22, 2018, 22:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

So, we're truly living in the darkest timeline.

The proof continues to mount. At this rate, if we end up with an Idiocracy type scenario, it'll be one of the better possible outcomes.

News Comments > EA Showing New Battlefield in June
5. Re: EA Showing New Battlefield in June Feb 22, 2018, 22:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Why aren't they making Battlefield 2143 already? That's the one that'll really be amazing, with their current/next gen frostbyte/whatever engine.

We seriously don't need another WW2 or Vietnam game.

Side note: I haven't played BF1 in at least 3 weeks now, even though they did just release the last DLC, bleh, burned out.

News Comments > RUINER Content Update
3. Re: RUINER Content Update Feb 22, 2018, 16:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 14:11:
Yeah, I tried one particular section in the second level (after you've been in the city, and go into the parking garage) for like 20 minutes straight, and just gave up. Just 20 minutes of the same 10-20 seconds over and over and over again.

Refunded it. Shame, it looked cool, and it absolutely OOZED style, but I just can't abide checkpoint games where it makes me replay the same fucking battle 2000 times in a row because I can't get past it.

Well, like I said, while not an easy game, it's definitely in an easier spot now after some rebalancing than on release day. It's definitely in the quick twitch category, with dodging and attacking while constantly moving required. I can't be certain, but it certainly felt like they extended the slow-down moments in the game, but of course you can't play the whole game in slow-motion. The game is also definitely harder earlier when you don't have as many skill points to use to set up a build.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Roadmap Rerouted
4. Re: Destiny 2 Roadmap Rerouted Feb 22, 2018, 16:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

opie wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 14:18:
So glad I didn't buy this. something about games like this, Starwars: The Old Republic, and The Division. They are so pretty, and fun for 5 mins. Then I go all ADD (which I don't have) and cannot get back into them. I have actually installed and started The Division, and as soon as it loads said "ugh, I don't actually want to play this". Can't explain it.

All of these games are gorgeous and repetitive, grinds for incremental increases in power, to do the same thing again with bigger numbers. I got Destiny 2 bundled with a video card, and I've played it three times maybe, can't really bring myself to go back to it. On the other hand, for whatever reason, I've found I like The Division (v1.8+) quite a bit, after I bought it on sale about a week ago, I've already put like 50 hours into it, and only really stop playing to do lame stuff like go to work or let me coop group catch up.

If you just don't like how some of the aspects the game mesh, it's logical and sane to just NOT play that, nothing else to explain there. There are tons of other games to spend your time on these days, most of which have plenty of better aspects to them than Destiny 2 and The Division. Also I think both games are far better with a dedicated coop group, solo I can see dragging quite a bit.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 22, 2018, 16:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

ItBurn wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 15:56:
There's just never been another FPS ARPG with this level of complexity and I doubt it'll ever happen again.

...The Division.

Mostly joking, I only played Hellgate:London briefly during a beta or alpha period, although one of my coop buddies did get suckered into buying the lifetime Hellgate pass, or whatever it's called. He's playing The Division with me these days, I should probably get his opinion on the two games, if he can remember enough about Hellgate.

That said, I'm sure Blizzard will do an HD conversion of Diablo 2 eventually, just to make a quick 500 million for themselves.

News Comments > RUINER Content Update
1. Re: RUINER Content Update Feb 22, 2018, 03:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Excellent, this game is amazing, and they've added quite a bit since release. I finished it awhile back and uninstalled it in a general purge of finished games; looks like it's time to reinstall.

I remember a couple of other people on Bluesnews had picked it up, and were a bit turned off by the brick wall level of difficulty on day 1... it's gotten tuned a bit, and it's basically easy mode to use the Barrier skill + Finishers to regain hp/energy. Well, maybe slightly less difficult mode but still. Once I switched to a barrier/gun build I finished the game pretty easily. Of course, a lot of people seem to love and succeed with melee builds... probably comes down to a matter of taste.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 21, 2018, 13:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

I think we've all seen how that baby elephant is going to end up.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 21, 2018, 13:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Orogogus wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 13:31:
What's the math on that? The US population is about 330 million, x $2000 = $660 billion, and Wikipedia says the 2015 US budget was $3.8 trillion. And that's counting men, women and children for the population side, not households or families.

$2000 per month, so your $660 billion x 12 = 7.92 trillion a year. Obviously there would still be some people working, and some people would be children, etc. but you get the idea.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 21, 2018, 11:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm yes,$500 a month, how fucking generous that would be. $6,000 a year for somebody to try to live on, assuming they have a shit job at the same time. That'll really help with rent, food, medical costs, gas, at current US prices...better hope these people don't have any sort of family, because that will spread it even thinner.

That said, he isn't wrong that technology is going to force most jobs out of existence in countries like the US. Unfortunately we're going to witness just how bad it's going to get in 10-20 years, when 70%-80% of the population is out of work.

As far as Ajit Pai, I can't think of a time when we've seen somebody so openly, proudly corporate shilling in a government office. Most of these assholes at least pretend to hide it.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2018, 22:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game seems interesting, but is leveling basically:

A) do a task, earn experience, SPEND it on skills, or

B) use a skill, incrementally increase that skill.

Both systems have been done before in other games, but I really, really prefer A these days, instead of hitting stuff with a sword 10,000 times to improve it a few levels.

Either way, it's on my Gog sale list, so I'll get it eventually, after a few patches.

By the way, if you haven't already played it, The Division is possibly the most fun I've had in an ARPG in quite some time, especially coop. Definitely pick it up on sale!

News Comments > Biomutant Trailer
3. Re: Biomutant Trailer Feb 20, 2018, 13:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, still looks sweet, but good luck actually finishing this game.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 19, 2018, 11:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 11:27:
Saying "Don't be predictable" is completely predictable.

Your sarcastic comment about being predictable was completely predictable! *Cue Endless Loop*

News Comments > Path of Exile Bestiary League Next Month
5. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary League Next Month Feb 16, 2018, 11:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 10:58:
But in 1,000+ hours of playing this game over three leagues, in which I build three characters to lvl 86+, you know how many six link items I've had? One. And it was given to me early on by a kind soul trying to help me learn the game.

I'd really like to see them cater at least some to those of us not in the top 1%.

This is basically why I stopped playing PoE, after playing it on and off since the early betas. They have definitely made the game much better, but the drop rates are still so atrocious(solo, no trading) that it's just frustrating to play.

If you aren't going to spend the time trading and becoming a merchant I feel as though the game isn't worth getting involved with.

News Comments > Get Dungeons II Free on GOG
1. Re: Get Dungeons II Free on GOG Feb 16, 2018, 11:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Acquired. Thanks Realmforge/Kalypso and Gog!

News Comments > Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale
5. Re: Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale Feb 15, 2018, 23:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 23:18:
Huh, zero benefit? The sorting and filters alone make it tons more useful if you have any more than a handful of titles on there. If you use the wish list to keep track of dozens or even hundreds of games you have even just a passing interest in, a sale happens and in a couple clicks you pare that down to only ones with at least a 75% discount. That's really fucking useful, if you ask me.

Valid reply, valid points. I would like this new list more if they made the game 'bar' even smaller than the old list, and just added the filtering options. I try to not have more than 40 things in the list at any time, and I usually just cull stuff I am only marginally interested in, or move stuff to the Gog Wishlist when it becomes available on GoG. I should probably just empty the Wishlist on Steam, I have more than enough games to play as it is.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 15, 2018, 23:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 20:41:
Pardon me for being dense... what advantage is the telco gaining if they get this ability/power? I'm not saying they should have it, it seems totally invalid and I see no reason they should have it. I just don't understand why they "really" want it. Are they simply going to block sites unless they pay up to be carried on their networks?

That's just it, they will block whoever the hell they want to, whether they blame it on Piracy or indecent content or whatever. That is a ridiculously powerful ability, do you see? The advantage is a huge leap in control of anything that might be slightly critical in any way to whatever cause/politician/business various ISP CEOs might favor that week.

News Comments > Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale
2. Re: Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale Feb 15, 2018, 23:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, that new Wishlist is definitely a downgrade, more wasted space for zero benefit.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 15, 2018, 22:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Headlines like this are examples of why the human race is doomed to extinction. People are literally too stupid to live. It's not like this mother was from some lost tribe in the middle of nowhere, they are in a supposedly educated nation, with access to real medical doctors. Yet they are apparently literally feeding their kids bleach. Some other morons think the Earth is flat. Etc. etc.

They have to tell kids to stop eating Tide pods now... headlines like this depress the hell out of me.

*EDIT* Typo.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 2018, 11:37.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 15, 2018, 22:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 19:36:
I think Black Panther and RPO are going on the "wait for dvd" stack.

Black Panther? Really? That movie looks like it's going to be excellent, I'll probably get to see it by Monday or so.

RPO, the book was somewhat mediocre, the movie looks worse, so you're probably right about that.

3786 Comments. 190 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo