Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4410 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 22, 2019, 12:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 18:34:
LOL 2 small independent laps. It's not like there aren't talented people all over. Now do that for 500 miles with some competition next to you. Now saying a sim racer couldn't, but that would be more worthy imo.

Yeah, I hate to be the Debbie Downer, but I was thinking they were in Formula 1 cars or something. Formula E, on separated tracks, 1 minute total time? Still impressive of course, but seems like there is room for quite a bit more improvement from the sim racer.

Although to be fair there is F1's Verstappen, as the article mentions, who is basically hacking in real life F1 races, and is also pretty much unbeatable in simulation.

The only reasonable conclusion from all this is that auto racing cannot be a real sport.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2019, 12:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

My hopes for Brightburn are probably way out of whack; ideally it turns out to be a straight up awesome horror story with super hero(es) but no doubt it'll get watered down and ruined utterly.

Edge case non-'traditional' superhuman movies can have a lot more leeway in theory, hopefully Brightburn succeeds and leads to some really good graphic novels/comics that aren't pure spandex getting made into faithful film versions. I'm looking at you, Wanted, the worst translation of a comic ever.

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Graphics Cheaters Banned
30. Re: Battlefield 5 Graphics Cheaters Banned Jan 22, 2019, 11:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm a little surprised people are so ambivalent about these settings, this is a major visual advantage.

I'm all for EA/DICE banning these people.

For people playing legitimately, do turn off film grain though, otherwise you simply cannot see anything.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 22, 2019, 11:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, FUCK ACTIVISION.

Guess it's good I skipped BLOPS4 entirely, having that sort of monetization in game is infuriating.

I assume BFV will get more nickle and diming shortly.

Hopefully Anthem isn't quite as bad.

News Comments > Money Laundering in Fortnite
8. Re: Money Laundering in Fortnite Jan 22, 2019, 11:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not really surprising. I suspect the same thing is going on for CS:GO and PUBG cosmetics, in some way shape or form.

Who knows how bad it is on some of the hugely popular (but unknown to me) phone games?

G2A.com was the same story, stolen credit card fraud, money laundering, etc. Digital marketplaces make this sort of thing absurdly easy, it seems.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 19, 2019, 12:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

FFS, people need to turn off services they don't need on their devices, not just phones. Along with setting non-default passwords, and NOT DOWNLOADING EVERY FUCKING APP THAT COMES BY, maybe we as a species could not be utterly violated by tech 50,000 times an hour.

Good luck with that, obviously.

News Comments > Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed
9. Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed Jan 19, 2019, 12:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Are these cosmtic only though? I thought the Tides of War unlocks would be available via the Armory for purchase with in game credits at some point.

I am fine with that as long as the amount of credits required isn't insane, because I've missed a couple weeks due to work and RL, so I'm missing a few ToW unlocks.(Some weapons and cosmetics are unlocked via Tides of War)

Alternatively, leave the Tides of War shit on ALL THE TIME, as would make sense for any game that isn't a job, so people can unlock them at their own pace/as their schedules allow.

I'm not overly fond of being forced into other game modes either, but I can tolerate it as long as it doesn't take 50 matches.

News Comments > The Division 2 Multiplayer Trailer
8. Re: The Division 2 Multiplayer Trailer Jan 18, 2019, 14:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Moog wrote on Jan 18, 2019, 05:27:
The PVP in D1 was great... until you met a hacker who teleported, or was invisible, or had infinite ammo and huge fire rate and so insta-killed you... and that was pretty much any time you stepped into the PVP zone, in my experience.

I have little faith in Ubi tackling the hacking of their game engine.

EA have not stopped the hacking in the Battlefield games.
Activision haven't stopped it in the various CoD games.
I don't really expect Ubisoft to break the trend.

I played TD1 later in its life, and had some pretty good PvP experiences in the Dark Zone. Also, got completely steamrolled several times, and it was hard to tell if they were hacking or just had thousands of hours worth of perfectly rolled gear.

The gear issue at least, is supposed to be resolved or at least somewhat mitigated in this sequel. There will always be some hacking, unfortunately.

I'm most likely going to get TD2 at some point for PvE coop and some occasional Dark Zone excursions. It wasn't required to go into the Dark Zone in the first game, and hopefully it won't be required in the sequel.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Video
1. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Video Jan 18, 2019, 13:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yet again, the 'armada' consists of 3 ships. It still feels like this is a huge opportunity wasted. The first game just wasn't fun, to me at least. It looks like they are doubling down in the sequel, with more micro and the same paltry fleet sizes.

Oh well, I guess there won't be a large/huge scale RTS version of this anytime soon.

News Comments > Two Anthem Videos
2. Re: Two Anthem Videos Jan 18, 2019, 13:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty good, I'm still interested for PvE and coop. Whenever they do the open beta I'll definitely try it.

It's a shame to see yet another Gear Score game, but oh well, these are the times we live in, I guess.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 17, 2019, 23:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

6500 hours in CS, 2000 hours in H1Z1, that's enough to display madness to me already, let alone spending potentially that kind of money on Steam. Burn on you mad Qatari!

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 17, 2019, 23:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty badass, I loved the first two, will definitely see the third one in the theater unless some catastrophic sequence of events occurs.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Free Trial Underway
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Free Trial Underway Jan 17, 2019, 15:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Is this game any good?

"But just download and try it!" you say!

"Well, it's 85GB, and I don't want to fill/needlessly thrash my SSD", I reply.

Comparisons to other BR games welcome, I tried Fortnite and wasn't really impressed, can't tolerate the ARMA engine for PLUNKBAT, although to be fair, I haven't bought PUBG/PLUNKBAT.

News Comments > VR Shoes Demoed
6. Re: VR Shoes Demoed Jan 16, 2019, 10:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks like the version .015 of something that could eventually be great.

I'm still staying out of any sort of VR peripheral purchases though, simply not worth it currently.

Anything that can give people an option to get a little exercise(and not injure themselves or destroy their house) while playing video games has the potential to be really useful, I think the universal walk-pad type foot sensor is probably a more realistic path though.

Somebody had a working demo of that years ago, if I remember correctly; the user was strapped to a support brace, could 'walk' in any direction on a pad of rollers, way less chance of kicking a hole in your TV or whatever.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 16, 2019, 10:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I should grow some bamboo in my backyard, and also somehow gain the willpower and skill to make some useful shit out of it.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Tyranids Released
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Tyranids Released Jan 16, 2019, 10:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game looks like it could get 100+ hours out of me... it's still on my Gog Wishlist/Sale list, and the base game is currently $10 off...hrm.

Or, wait for the GotY/combined version with all DLCs, choices, choices...

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 16, 2019, 10:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

What a surprise that these 2019 digital Beanie Babies didn't retain their value.

News Comments > Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Tomorrow; Trailer and Patch Notes Today
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 15, 2019, 22:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sigh, BFV. The building stuff is pretty cool, the shooting mechanics I've come to enjoy, and I've had quite a few really fun matches playing with decent squads with voice comm. The game looks great and visibility is fine to me, once I turned off all the Film Grain/Motion Blur/other Crap. With those on(default) I was about ready to uninstall, thought I was getting too old and blind to play.

But the whole Tides of War thing needs a rework, old ones should still be available to unlock for people who actually have jobs and/or don't want to spend their limited playtime doing sometimes non-beneficial tasks or sub-optimal tasks instead of playing to win. I know supposedly the unlocks can be 'bought' later but that's a misuse of the credits you need for regular unlocks, imo.

The UI.. yeah it's pretty bad. Not much to say there. I do have my two prefsets setup for each class though with my favored weapons and/or weapons I'm grinding, so it doesn't interfere too much with me at the moment.

AA Tanks with some of the upgrades seem way too strong vs armor, but most servers rarely have the tank maps on them anyway it seems, to really know for sure. The sleeper best vehicle in the game though, is that anti-tank half track the Squad leader can spawn... that thing is a damned beast! Good communication between driver and gunner required though.

I get the feeling that some of DICE's experienced developers(BF3, BF4, and earlier) must have just moved on, it's the only way to explain the UI and some of the other choices.

I haven't bothered to finish the single player campaign, especially since I saw you have to run around collecting crap in each map to actually unlock items at the end. Should have been just FINISH the campaign mission(s), get the unlocks.

For me at least, BFV is a definite improvement over BF1, but falls short of the high point in the series, BF4. Too much nostalgia for me to judge vs BF1942/BF:Vietnam(which used to be BFV!). BF2 had too much dolphin jumping bullshit, BF3... was pretty good admittedly. BFBC2 was fun but even smaller scale and with less vehicles than BFV. I missed out completely on BF2142 during its heyday, only played it MUCH later after it was 'dead,' so can't fairly judge.

The PvP squad is still psyched for BFV currently, and we've even gained some new people(associates/bullet stoppers) from voice comm squads in matches, surprisingly. Anthem/Divsion 2/Borderlands 3 coming out and being awesome will make us quit eventually, and/or the older PvP guys will get annoyed and just want to do COOP PvE.

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: Anthem Matchmaking Jan 15, 2019, 22:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

matchmaking is fine, as long as it isn't FORCED matchmaking, ie. you cannot start content solo or with a smaller team than 'intended' without random asshats being pushed into your group/instance.

That was yet another Destiny 2 flaw, no way to easily start their strikes and other PvE content solo or with smaller teams.

The article is a bit vague about whether or not straight solo will be allowed for various activities... not good.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2019, 19:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, who is still buying PLUNKBAT at this point?

That can't be all ban list re-buys, right?

4410 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo