Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 5032 (Guru)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Terminator: Resistance Released

14. Re: Terminator: Resistance Released Nov 17, 2019, 19:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

bigspender wrote on Nov 17, 2019, 17:18:

Or an asymmetric multiplayer game. 60 human resistance players vs 4 (human) AI commanders controlling the machines from an RTS view.

Independent of the Terminator IP, this kind of game would be so awesome.

20-60 FPS players, vs 2-4 human commanders running dozens or hundreds of bot players could be so awesome. Bandwidth and server issues would crop up, but there could be a really cool game in there. Quite a bit of playtesting would be needed to even approach being balanced, but it would be a unique, new(?) game.

Even the old Battlezone games weren't quite like that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile 2 Announced

16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 16, 2019, 21:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

PoE 2, color me slightly interested. It still sounds like an unmitigated grind fest aimed at trading with other players for loot, instead of finding stuff yourself in a reasonable amount of time. Visually very impressive though.

Wolcen, I had put that into my Steam wishlist a couple years ago... it looks like a completely different project now.

News Comments > Anthem Overhaul Coming?

11. Re: Anthem Overhaul Coming? Nov 16, 2019, 21:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, Bioware, just cut your losses with this one, and move on.

Those of you that are left, anyway.

News Comments > Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires IV Gameplay Video Released

11. Re: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires IV Gameplay Video Released Nov 15, 2019, 13:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slightly off topic, but I'm amazed so many people are into the Total War model of RTS games. I find the TW games to be easily the most boring, unless they added some cool base building mechanics to Total Warhammer 2 or something( I just have the first TWH game, and one of the historical ones).

Opinions differ of course, but I like some building aspects and just.. more to the game than battles with starting units that last like 5 minutes, repeated 100 times. Also, way more micro.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 in May

1. Re: Wasteland 3 in May Nov 14, 2019, 23:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dude. Sweet.

I loved even Vanilla 1.0 Wasteland 2, and it's a much better game now with the Director's Cut or whatever enhanced version and patches.

This looks like it'll be great. I'm a little worried about the Xbox shit, but they claim Windows/Linux also, so it should be fine.

News Comments > Obsidian Reveals Grounded

4. Re: Obsidian Reveals Grounded Nov 14, 2019, 22:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, mildly interesting. Good for Obsidian to get out of RPGs for awhile, I guess.

It would have been more educational if the shrunken kids were immediately annihilated by ants moving at 5 times their speed, armored like tanks, 200 times stronger than a similarly sized human, but that would be another project entirely.

Coop survival... sheesh. Oh well, hopefully Obsidian gets some decent money from this and makes a great RPG next.

News Comments > Epic Sues Another Tester Over Fortnite Leaks

17. Re: Epic Sues Another Tester Over Fortnite Leaks Nov 13, 2019, 13:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, I dislike Epic for so many reasons, but why the fuck would you break a NDA for a mega corporation and not expect to get sued?

News Comments > Evening Interviews

13. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 12, 2019, 10:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

VR is going to be niche until they have full body haptic suits, or at least haptic gloves/shoes, and some sort of widely available rig to somewhat hold you in place. I've seen a couple prototypes of 360degree roller pads with a brace at the user's waist, but nothing seems to be in production yet.

Eventually they'll get the interface to a good enough level to convince people to buy into it, and then to get studios to actually make decent VR games. 10 years after that dedicated VR gamers will be the most shredded men and women around; 'running' and jumping and bobbing around for hours on end, blowing away nazi/zombie/aliens, gesticulating madly while their families shy away.

News Comments > Google Stadia Launch Lineup

19. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 10:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 10:19:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 23:16:
Ugh. What is the target market for this sort of thing? Definitely almost no one on Bluesnews, one would think. Defintely not most 'kids' who don't even have PCs these days, just tablets and phones, and a console maybe.

Hopefully this dies immediately, but clearly we are in the darkest timeline, and this will kill off gaming as we knew it.

I mean, you answered your question, no? Who is the market? People that don't even have PCs.

I'm not sure how you missed that, but yes, the market is people who want to play PC games but do not own a PC. Or people that travel frequently and want to be able to continue playing something while trapped in a hotel room with just their underpowered work laptop, or their iPad.

I wasn't thinking people would actually try to play games on a microscopic ipad screen, but hey people play games on their damn phones, so you're probably right. My comment was more that the phone/ipad demographic has zero interest in pc games, but Google has probably done a billion dollars worth of research and focus group testing, so I'm probably in the extreme minority who has no interest in this. The end is nigh, etc.

News Comments > Google Stadia Launch Lineup

6. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 11, 2019, 23:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh. What is the target market for this sort of thing? Definitely almost no one on Bluesnews, one would think. Defintely not most 'kids' who don't even have PCs these days, just tablets and phones, and a console maybe.

Hopefully this dies immediately, but clearly we are in the darkest timeline, and this will kill off gaming as we knew it.

News Comments > Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes

7. Re: Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes Nov 11, 2019, 15:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

As much as I loved PoEt 1 and 2, I completely understand them being squeamish about making a third game in the series.

I'm guessing we have a pretty good cross section of issues that led to poor sales in this thread; the setting, the patching that took at least a year, some people still hate RTwP, and for me personally for 2: the smaller party size!

Ideal Pillars 3 game for me: back on dry land, combat built around 8 player party size, for complex battles, stop following the Watcher if at all possible.

Really though, all my hopes are on BG3 for the next awesome party based RPG. Hopefully Obsidian has got some mental rest from isometric RPGs with Outer Worlds, and can take their time and maybe even do a new IP for their next party based rpg, or hell I'll even take a Tyranny universe game, just with 6+ party members.

News Comments > Diablo IV Leak Revisited

9. Re: Diablo IV Leak Revisited Nov 11, 2019, 15:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cautiously looking forward to D4's eventual (2022 probably, laughable to think they will make it in time for 2021 even) release. Of course it's going to be always online, and they have to be aware of Path of Exile, so it'll have cosmetic microtransactions for sure.

MMO comparisons won't bug me as long as the game is fun and doable solo, meaning it's possible to get decent loot solo, and 'open' areas are optional or at least not able to be easily ruined by random asshats.

Expecting it to be PC LAN ready and not a Game as a Service is not really feasible anymore.

News Comments > Gangsters 1920 Released

3. Re: Gangsters 1920 Released Nov 9, 2019, 08:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, reminds me of the old Spy vs Spy game, which was pretty damned awesome back in the day. Clearly a small development team with limited budget.  

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

6. Re: Morning Multiplex - Diablo IV Nov 9, 2019, 08:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jonjonz wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 06:31:
Looks completely soft-focus, drab and washed out, yuk, eye candy it is not.

Definitely looks more like the early levels of PoE than Diablo 3, that will probably please their most rabid and outspoken D3 critics, unfortunately.

News Comments > Op Ed

7. Re: Op Ed Nov 9, 2019, 08:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Two pretty interesting articles, but is anybody else seeing these listed in two different font sizes, one with a bullet point, and one without, aka Gameindustry... left of Ninja Thinks... ?

Site Error, Blue!

*EDIT* Also yes, clearly even in the world of video game streaming, the rich should just be given a slap on the wrist, not actually punished like the damn peasants! (Sarcasm obviously. )

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

3. Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 8, 2019, 19:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, somewhat interesting, but I think we're still so far (multiple years) from a D4 release that all these gameplay videos are bound to change drastically before we can play anything.

News Comments > Get Nuclear Throne and RUINER for Free

12. Re: Get Nuclear Throne and RUINER for Free Nov 8, 2019, 19:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Nov 8, 2019, 11:28:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 8, 2019, 10:35:
Both of these games are awesome.

Ruiner is a bit hard at first, but don't get discouraged, it's beautiful!

I hated it. I played it when it first came out, it has great atmosphere, but the absurd checkpointing system completely fucking ruined (heh) it for me. "Here's a battle in a garage against 50 goons. If you die on goon 49 with the rocket launcher, you get to replay the entire battle. And again. And again. And again."

It made Dragon's Lair look forgiving.

It's one of the few games I ever refunded.

Well, yeah. Release day, it was extremely difficult, although winnable. Several patches later, the last time I ran through it at least a year ago, it's much easier. Still, think Hotline Miami style, good reflexes and movement required. It is most certainly NOT an easy game.

I'm a little interested to see/hear what you think of the current version, apparently 1.0 release day Ruiner made quite a few people uninstall and refund.

News Comments > Into the Black

5. Re: Into the Black Nov 8, 2019, 10:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, now all of those pigs have toxoplasmosis gondii.

Eating less meat = good for you, good for the planet. Going full vegetarian/vegan is a big step though for most people, I am slowly easing into it by going vegetarian every other week or so, and eating limited meat when I'm not doing full vegetarian. It's not hard to get your full protein from plant sources either, rice/beans/corn, or peas/chickpeas etc. I do wonder about missing out on some trace compounds though. Still, plenty of cultures on Earth have people that are vegetarian and have been around for hundreds of years (India, etc.) without noticeable deficiencies.

News Comments > Get Nuclear Throne and RUINER for Free

8. Re: Get Nuclear Throne and RUINER for Free Nov 8, 2019, 10:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Both of these games are awesome.

Ruiner is a bit hard at first, but don't get discouraged, it's beautiful!

News Comments > A Year Of Rain Early Access

1. Re: A Year Of Rain Early Access Nov 7, 2019, 10:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, so like a watered down Warcraft 3, maybe? With more emphasis on coop? I'm somewhat interested, I love RTS games usually.

5032 Comments. 252 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >