Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2635 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Attack on Titan Released
6. Re: Attack on Titan Released Aug 26, 2016, 16:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is just making me want the next season of the anime even more. This game looks intolerable though, after about 10 minutes of play.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2016, 16:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Retired wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 15:53:
hahahah Just read an article that No Man's Sky is wiping data entered by players every two weeks! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

(All plants and animals on my first planet were reset)

What? Source please, googled server wipe and they are all talking about the pre-launch wipe. That sucks if true.

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
10. Re: Vampyr Trailer Aug 26, 2016, 16:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

wtf_man wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 13:50:
No... Because it's WAY shoulder-cam (practically side cam) like Alan Wake. I can't stand that.

What the... Alan Wake hate!?

I loved Alan Wake, for the $7.49 or whatever I bought it for. I suspect I'll probably be quite pleased with Vampyr at around the same price.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2016, 20:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm sure the translated conversation would be something along the lines of: "meh, there goes the fucking pipes. Oh well. More vodka?"

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Divinity Original Sin 2 Aug 25, 2016, 20:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy SHEEEITT... that is one heroic looking lizard man. Choose your musical instrument! I love everything in that picture.

Looking forward to every game in this evening preview list, actually.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Countdown
10. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 25, 2016, 20:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sepharo wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 19:06:

Would you say it was a perfect 5 out of 7?

Haha! Is that a real exchange? That's damned near perfect. I don't even know if I'd mind if it was faked.

*EDIT* More on topic: I don't know what you guys are so mad about, it's not like this one could be worse, or more delayed.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Tactical Response Update
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Tactical Response Update Aug 25, 2016, 19:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Played around a bit with the SWAT perk today... feels pretty good, although I think they really need to work a riot shield/1handed gun/melee weapon into the perk, in some way or another. Right now it feels basically like the Commando with slightly different guns.

Still, SWAT has enjoyable gun play, the basic requirement. It seems almost too easy to pop heads with the SMGs though, very controllable while full auto.

I swear the Fleshpound has a new roar now; it sounds appropriately intimidating.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details
22. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details Aug 25, 2016, 13:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, the same old DLC shit, unfortunately every video of BF1 I see looks amazing, so I'm going to have to give in and buy it. I skipped BF:Star Wars and Hardline at least.

I would like it if EA would just be honest, and charge 100 bucks(or 110 I guess) for the full game, day one. Missing maps and weapons in a FPS is just intolerable, and if they have separate classes behind the DLC wall also? Ugh. Just call the $60 version of the game the Demo version.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Next Month
7. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Next Month Aug 23, 2016, 07:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm probably not going to bother messing with the Early Access, but I'm definitely looking forward to the retail release. Already got my Kickstarter copy, loved the first one.

I need to go back and play the Director's Cut or Remastered Version or whatever it's called, actually.

*EDIT* Enhanced Edition.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2016, 16:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mafia II, Why has the price gone UP on Steam?? I bought that years ago, I want to say directly through Steam, for like 5-6 bucks. Odd. Then again, Deadpool also went back up in price, and probably more than a few other games.

Re: US Army fudged its accounts by trillions of dollars...

That should come as no surprise to anyone, trillions of dollars being thrown at the Defense Department with zero oversight.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
21. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 16:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty good so far, although some questions are still there:

How pay to win has the game become, with people buying $5000(USD) ships, being in the same universe as people who are still in the intro clunker ship? They got 3000 credits(each? to split?) for that one mission, so how many credits for a ship that can take on a backer-real money ship? 10 million? 100 million? How much grind is planned for the Persistent Universe?

When the one player looted the yellow bike-ship, did BOTH players 'earn' it on their account? Did they earn it permanently at all?

Player hp vs small arms seems insanely high, boringly high. Needs an adjustment from a FPS fun perspective. Or maybe that's already planned, who knows.

Real world space style elevators and doors are cool for 5 minutes, how boring will that shit get though after a few weeks or months of gameplay? Aka fast travel to ship from the bottom of a base, etc.

Some aspects of the game look ripe for trolling, they mentioned they already changed how docking works, hopefully the rest of the game is designed to prevent people tying up the game for others? Killing or locking up important NPCs, jamming elevators or doors with boxes, or whatever.(not counting PKing, etc.)

All those things can be answered eventually of course, just trying to picture the minor details that could turn into real headaches on release.

Still, I'm actually interested now. I could see myself buying this game before it hits the $9.99 bargain bin level.

News Comments > Tyranny Video Diary
4. Re: Tyranny Video Diary Aug 18, 2016, 12:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 10:02:
Feels like there's not been as much talk about this one. And I have to admit that while I'm sure I'll check this out, Pillars 2 is what I'd really like to see...

I think they needed a break from PoEt and had to do a different world for a bit, but yeah there definitely hasn't been as much hype for Tyranny.

Looks pretty good, hopefully it's Unity 5 or whatever so modding isn't quite as much of a hassle as in PoEt.

Speaking of which, they really need to release that next patch for Pillars, still some minor but very annoying issues in the game.

Also, as I watching this video, I was thinking: "hehe, some of these guys got OLD...oh wait, they aren't that much older than I am... "

News Comments > Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds Next Month
2. Re: Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds Next Month Aug 18, 2016, 12:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sheesh, $440 for cosmetics? I know they are optional, but the human race being what it is, I'm sure some people are buying those packages.

Looks like PoE is doing pretty well, financially.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
9. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Aug 17, 2016, 14:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks so awesome, and coming out in November? Perfect!

Hopefully all this hype doesn't lead to crushing disappointment, WH40k games have tricked me before. I'm looking at you, Battlefleet: Gothic Armada.

News Comments > Paragon Open Beta
7. Re: Paragon Open Beta Aug 16, 2016, 18:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game is gorgeous, easily the coolest looking character models I've seen in awhile. However, the gameplay looks like it simply isn't my cup of tea, oh well. Maybe I'll try the beta when I finish XCOM2.

*EDIT* Typo.

4. Re: Evening Previews Aug 16, 2016, 18:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 03:33:
Guys did you watch the 20 minute gameplay video embedded in the article? It is much more DOW1 than DOW2 and actually seems to combine the best aspects of both games really well. The only issue I could maybe be nitpicky about is that the basic units more or less stand around when they are in combat, instead of being more active, dodging, ducking into cover and whatnot like we are used to in Relic games. Still, I bought both DOW1 and DOW2 and loved both (even though DOW2's multiplayer still has me crying crocodile tears) and this looks like something right up my alley....can't wait.

I did watch this video, and the last kinda lengthy one they posted. Both are just Alpha or even pre-alpha content though, not sure how the final game will end up. Although yes, you are right, there definitely seems to be more of a DoW1 focus than a DoW2 style of gameplay.

I am cautiously optimistic for this game.

2. Re: Evening Previews Aug 15, 2016, 22:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Meh, Warhammer has always been pretty damned colorful, especially the actual tabletop games. 40k, the setting is so grim that's it's practically comical, in my opinion. Billions of lives hang in the balance on every battle, every planet has a super weapon to be contested for with Xeno hordes, ancient chaos beings from beyond the rift encroach upon humanity like low budget Cthulhus, etc.

Not that I don't love the setting, but come on, it's practically a cliche at this point. I better paint my army Neon pink and Yellow so I can tell them apart from everybody elses' blue Ultramarine armies!(j/k I couldn't afford the miniatures as a kid)

I don't mind this graphical style; I'm far more worried about them messing up the gameplay. More DoW1 than DoW2 please!

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans?
28. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 15, 2016, 20:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

I liked V:tM-Bloodlines, even the buggy mess I played in the vanilla release, but my favorite V:tM game is still Redemption. Squad based massacres of armored knights and shotgun toting vampires? Outstanding.

After Redemption, Bloodlines always felt a little lonely to me. I need to go back and play it with an up to date version of that massive unofficial patch though.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 15, 2016, 20:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bonus points for a screen cap from Trolljegeren!

More on topic, yes, the internet is still a hive of scum and villainy. One day, humanity will evolve. One day.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month
1. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month Aug 15, 2016, 20:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yet another ridiculously good video from DICE. I'm sure there will be the usual score of bugs and issues upon release, but I'm still stoked for this game.

Murder by horse? Check.

Armored and cannon-equipped train? Check.

WW1 Bombers dropping bombs onto people messing around trying to sword fight on horseback? Check.

Evaluating parts now for the new gaming desktop.

2635 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo