Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 4938 (Master)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - Cold War Breaks Out
2. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - Cold War Breaks Out Sep 13, 2019, 00:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, that's a shame. I loved all the early MoW games, up to AS2. Call to Arms, couldn't really get into it, and that was after a very lengthy beta/EA period.

This looks worse than some mods for AS2, I wonder what happened to the developers, or if they just had zero funds or something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 12, 2019, 23:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bleh, mildly interesting, but everybody has seen all of those films by now who wants to. Where's the Mandalorian, etc. ?

At least for me, Disney+ lives/dies on how good their actual new shows end up being.

News Comments > RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month
10. Re: RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month Sep 11, 2019, 20:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Sep 11, 2019, 13:11:
I wonder if this game has been surpassed by games that are already out like For Honor, Chivalry, and Mount and Blade.

Seriously... it's not exactly an open genre at this point.

I'll be passing on this, maybe bargain bin, way down the road.

News Comments > RAGE 2 - Rise of the Ghosts This Month
3. Re: RAGE 2 - Rise of the Ghosts This Month Sep 9, 2019, 21:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rage coins? Fuuuuuuck that.

I was still somewhat interested in getting Rage 2 when it went on sale, interest dropping.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint What is Breakpoint? Trailer
2. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint What is Breakpoint? Trailer Sep 7, 2019, 00:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Buggy as shit" according to the beta testers.

Looks like there is no need to rush in to buy this game.

News Comments > Anthem Plans
3. Re: Anthem Plans Sep 5, 2019, 20:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh. Just... unplug the game. People will understand.

News Comments > The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store
10. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 5, 2019, 20:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 20:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 20:33:
Come to the dark side, we have cookies.
I'm already there... bought 2 EGS exclusives for my son. How do I say no to a 10 year old because of internet nerd reasons?

"No."

"but why not, Dad!?"

"Bribery and artificial scarcity should not be rewarded, son. Also people online might be annoyed if they find out I used EGS."

I think I have around 25 games from EGS so far, for zero payment. I've been playing Mutant Year Zero; it's not bad.

News Comments > New Steam Library Beta This Month
17. Re: New Steam Library Beta This Month Sep 5, 2019, 15:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Blue, ban "mi_ne_cra_ft_gr_ee_n" (spaces due to paranoia), it's a bot.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 5, 2019, 10:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

At first I was thinking: "bleh, it just looks closer because of the angle... OH SHIT"

Looked like he was barely 10 feet over the top of that hill; pilot will require some new pants.

*EDIT* Typo, angel/angle.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2019, 20:51.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Beta Delay
23. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Beta Delay Sep 1, 2019, 11:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy fuck:

Edit: Had no clue a package that has almost every ship would require you to be spend $1,000 before being able to purchase it. Because that measns you'll likely have some of these ships already. If the pack was $24,000 so you hit the $25,000 Legatus mark than it would make sense to me. But this puts you at as total of $28,000, $3,000 over the mark. My apologies.

Is this from the Onion or something? What the fuck is wrong with humanity?

News Comments > Destiny 2 Steam Migration Nears
6. Re: Destiny 2 Steam Migration Nears Sep 1, 2019, 10:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 12:22:
I picked this up free and have yet to play it. Guess I had better get on it. I haven't logged into Battle.net for a while.

The shooting mechanics are tight, the movement is a bit floaty, the powers are a bit underwhelming, the loot is mostly blah. Grinding encouraged.

That said, it's been some time since I played my free copy, and I do not have any of the later expansions, just the first two, which are apparently shit.

I'll migrate my stuff over and maybe reinstall to check it out again.

*EDIT* Seems a little unclear from the descriptions, but some of the expansions/seasons from battle.net are NOT going to be in the steam version? Or does that new Expansion cover ALL previous expansions?

Basically it looks like if you missed out on Curse of Osirus, Warmind, Forsaken, you have to buy them off Battle.net before Oct 1st or you cannot get them on Steam? No granular options to just buy Forsaken or whatever seem to exist either. Oh well.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2019, 11:01.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Info Extravaganza
3. Re: Borderlands 3 Info Extravaganza Sep 1, 2019, 10:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, sounds like by the time this gets released on Gog/Steam, as a GotY version, it might actually be finished.

Looking forward to the heavily discounted GotY version.

News Comments > Homeworld 3 Announced
17. Re: Homeworld 3 Announced Aug 31, 2019, 08:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, please don't come out as complete shit.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Measles Aug 29, 2019, 23:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah yes, the US continues to speed up it's descent into third world status. Everybody should go read Neal Stephenson's Fall, by the way.

News Comments > Celeste and Inside Free on Epic Games Store
1. Re: Celeste and Inside Free on Epic Games Store Aug 29, 2019, 21:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

As much as I dislike Epic for their bribery and exclusive locking nonsense, I must admit their free game selections have been pretty good for the customers. Inside is awesome if you skipped out on it earlier, although it's been on sale several times on Steam and Gog as far as I know.

Played through the Gog version a year ago, I think. Well worth the 4-5 hours it took; maybe not even that long?

News Comments > More Assault Stories
2. Re: More Assault Stories Aug 29, 2019, 21:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, apparently there are shitty people with no self control in all walks of life. In general, how hard is it to keep your fucking hands to yourself, keep your mouth shut and just do your job, without verbally or physically harassing/assaulting/raping other people?

I have no definitive opinion on these particular claims listed here, as I don't know any of these people(obviously), but it seems highly unlikely that women are going to just fabricate shit for no reason, when they will most likely receive nothing but death threats and black balling in the industry.

News Comments > The Bardís Tale IV: Director's Cut Released
10. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Director's Cut Released Aug 29, 2019, 10:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sepharo wrote on Aug 28, 2019, 19:58:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Aug 28, 2019, 18:40:
Graphical downgrade galore, compared to the original game.

Edit: apparently I'm not the only one that noticed it. Thanks Snake.
https://imgur.com/a/kxjx3rj

weird

Hrm, that's odd, especially the last set of pics. Looks like they removed/turned down shadows? It'll probably get a few patches before I get to playing this version anyway, I'm sure it'll be resolved in a few months.

News Comments > The Bardís Tale IV: Director's Cut Released
6. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Director's Cut Released Aug 28, 2019, 13:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

At least for me, I found the save system a bit annoying, no other major system complaints. I was in the middle of playing some RPGs already when it came out, and I put it on the back burner, then uninstalled it to make room for something else, figuring I'd wait for some patches.

I don't feel as though I put enough time into the vanilla version to really comment on the story or anything; looking forward to playing it after I finish Witcher 3, which I'd also been putting off for years.

News Comments > Evening Multiplex
5. Re: Evening Multiplex Aug 28, 2019, 00:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, Dying Light 2 looks pretty damned awesome so far.

Although seriously, zombies/infected in the tower right next to yours? Maybe you spend a few hours, clear those fuckers out? Surely they'd bug you and your family every day, stumbling around groaning and smelling?

I'm talking about the random NPC the PC vaulted over at one point, who was living in an apartment building apparently 10 feet away from some shambling horrors next door, and was fine with it.

Technically speaking, the movement and city look amazing.

Negative aspects I noticed in the video:

-Creston's right, a lot of Quicktime/charge up buttons, but oh well.

-Weapons breaking after like 5 hits. How the fuck do the developers still think this is fun? It simply isn't(for me at least; apparently some people love it). Bring on the infinite durability mods!

-I will totally kill Steve, and have to get into that fort(and others) the hard way.

Dying Light 2 hasn't been bribed away into being locked on EGS for a year or anything, right?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: online silencer market Aug 27, 2019, 23:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

I currently live in a relatively gun happy state and a friend of mine bought one of those not-a-suppressor suppressors. It'll require some relatively precise drilling on his part, ideally with a vertical press drill, to not make something that'll explode the first time he shoots with it.

Still, with some machining knowledge and the proper tools, it will be a functional suppressor.

I'm all for gun control, but people can 3d print composite or even metal receivers now... I'd rather people have suppressors (registered, as even these online ones will be, to be legal) to at least spare my hearing.

His options for suppression were a 12-14 month wait and upwards of $1500 for a professionally made, finished suppressor, or somewhere in the ballpark of $300-400 for the unfinished tube he got, with a month wait for the registration. This will be extremely popular on the price alone, as well as the drastically reduced wait.

For the other side of the coin; sure, some people will never register their suppressors. Some people have illegal and/or unregistered firearms too; it's a problem, but the suppressors are drastically less of a problem in my opinion. Any professional criminal who wants a suppressor already has access to them, if that's the argument.

Also good to mention: a gun with a suppressor on it is still pretty loud, unless you're also using subsonic ammo, etc.

4938 Comments. 247 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo