Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2589 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 24, 2016, 20:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Seriously, stop buying GTA5 so the price drops a lot more, so I can buy it.

Also, Earth Defense Force 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair... is that title a joke, or a bad translation or something? I am intensely curious now about that game I've never even heard of before!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 Announced
4. Re: PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 Announced Jul 22, 2016, 16:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have the first Championship edition, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not going to put 100 hours into it, but it was definitely worth the 3-5$ or whatever it cost on sale.

I am sure some old school 80s Pacman pros are pretty pissed off at the changes though.

News Comments > New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced
27. Re: New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced Jul 22, 2016, 16:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Only $1200?! A bargain! I'll get four, obviously. 2 sets of SLI for my 2 desktops. Two screen Netflix/Minesweeper, here I come!

News Comments > Vikings Wolves of Midgard Announced
1. Re: Vikings Wolves of Midgard Announced Jul 22, 2016, 01:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Norse mythology ARPG? I'm interested. Screenshots don't look too bad... I'll have to see some videos and hear more about the loot/skill situation though.

Something tells me this will be pretty tame though. A premonition, gifted by the Norns...

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jul 21, 2016, 20:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, Yahtzee being pretty harsh on Technomancer.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 21, 2016, 20:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh for fuck's sake. Reading the article, it seems like Genicap(the Dutch company) may actually have a case. Good luck, Hello Games. Probably shouldn't have talked about lifting an algorithm from another source and not paying them.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: removed Jul 20, 2016, 21:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

I always like reading the "Moral Warnings" section of a Christ Centered Gamer review.

"Blood, gore, murder, undead and magic use are all prominent" Hehehehe.

Surprisingly, the CCG review finds the transgender character response from other reviewers "overblown," and was only able to finder the character using a guide.

News Comments > Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free
7. Re: Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free Jul 20, 2016, 20:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cool, I'll pick it up. Free through where, exactly? Steam? Gog? Random website?

Also, Blue, I am pretty sure the studio is DONTNOD, not DONTDOD.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 7 Details
1. Re: Diablo III Season 7 Details Jul 19, 2016, 23:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow... just put in offline mode and allow modding, Blizzard. Your D team is clearly out of any sort of ideas for what to do with the game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: This Lizard... Jul 19, 2016, 18:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, that poor lizard probably baked to death when they drove away, don't see much sun cover in that video.

As for mice, I still use a 10 dollar, 5 button Kensington mouse for my gaming desktop. I should have bought like 10 of these when they were still being made, it has a thumb and a pinky finger button, on either side of the mouse, that are NOT bound together! After this design failed commercially apparently every company started putting 2+ buttons on the left side, or mirroring them on the right side poorly.

I went up about $30-40 for my laptop's mouse, some Corsair that has a plethora of buttons for the thumb only.

Wired mice only, wireless mice batteries die at the worst possible time, Murphy's Law.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 19, 2016, 18:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hacking like this is no longer considered a white collar crime. He falls into the "terrorist" bracket now. I'm surprised he wasn't sent to jail for 20 years.

USA is still #1 in percent of population behind bars, woohoo! *Waves tiny flag* Suck on that, rest of the world!

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2016, 21:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

PHJF wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 18:15:
XCOM2 is $29, only thing standing out.

Oh shit, really? Might be time to buy that, finally.

*EDIT* Also, anybody play Neo Scavenger at all? Tempted to get that also, nice charity setup at IndieGameStand.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jul 17, 2016, 13:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dead Space was a pretty weak port to the PC, but Dead Space 2 is one of my favorite games all time. I thought Dead Space was pretty good when it first came out, bad controls aside.

Dragon Age:Origins? I love that game. Obviously not as good as BG2, but arguably Bioware's last great game.

I'm tempted to buy DA:O on gog just to have everything with no annoying DRM/Bioware account nonsense shoehorned in.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One & Darth Vader VR Game Revealed
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One & Darth Vader VR Game Revealed Jul 17, 2016, 13:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Shiiiiiiiiiittttt. -Clay Davis

I am going to have to buy SW:Battlefront when I finally build my new desktop, just to play this a bit in all its glory.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
3. Re: Street Fighter V New Character & Patch Plans Jul 17, 2016, 11:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Based on reading up on the game, and watching the available videos, I'm probably going to buy this anyway, but I wonder when exactly the 'final' release will come out.

It has already been in development for 3 years, and it's still in Alpha... classic Early Access game-ism.

News Comments > RimWorld Early Access
10. Re: RimWorld Early Access Jul 16, 2016, 12:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

What I have long feared, has finally occurred. Other groups/studios are finally getting their Dwarf Fortress-like games out the door.

Free time will suffer, and die.

Looks very interesting, and not being quite as bare bones(graphically) as vanilla Dwarf Fortress, as well as being on Steam = instant success, probably. Just don't screw it up later on, Ludeon Studios. Also $29.99 might be a bit much for fence sitters.

News Comments > Rick and Morty VR Announced
9. Re: Rick and Morty VR Announced Jul 16, 2016, 12:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is one of my favorite shows, all time. Third season supposedly comes out towards the end of 2016. Hopefully they can follow through on their prediction, some of these small scale Cartoon Network teams seem to get delayed a lot.

This game looks...not great, on the other hand. Kinda funny for like 5 minutes then probably boring. I'd have to see more footage before buying.

News Comments > NECROPOLIS Released
9. Re: NECROPOLIS Released Jul 13, 2016, 22:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 18:21:
Is PC gaming dying, guys? I mean, I'm sure anyone can come up with a big list of great games that will release somehwhere in the future... but I'm fairly certain it will be relatively tiny compared to the last years.

The game I'm looking forward to the most right now because its release is near is No Man's Sky, and I don't even like space simulators...

Wait, what!? Challenge accepted.

Arguably the greatest RPG of our lifetimes just came out recently (Witcher 3). Sure it's on consoles also, but the definitive version of those sort of games will always be the PC version. Same for Battlefield 1. Multi platform, but you're just wasting your time if it's not on a good gaming PC.

I don't think you can hope for a company to spend 50-200 million dollars these days on a PC ONLY game, unfortunately.

Under that umbrella, you have Dishonored 2, Mafia 3, Deus Ex:Mankind Divided, WH40k:Dawn of War 3, Vampyr, Resident Evil 7, Mass Effect:Andromeda, Berserk(Dynasty Warriors team), Prey, Mirror's Edge:Catalyst, Space Hulk:Deathwing, etc. Some sequels yes, but they still look to be high quality games.

Slightly indie upcoming games: Ruiner, Tyrant(Obsidian's next RPG), Divinity: Original Sin 2, Killing Floor 2,Prey for the Gods, Torment: Tides of Numeria, Man O' War:Corsair, House of the Dying Sun, Scorn, Dreadnought, Absolver, Phoenix Point(Julian Gollop's game) and of course, Mount and Blade 2:Bannerlord. I'm also kind of interested see what Telltale Games does with their upcoming Batman game, but most people already have a strong opinion on Telltale games by now, and will skip it or buy it on principle.

Moving away from the Triple A stuff and 'big' budget indie games, there seem to be hundreds of indie level games coming out all the time, arguably almost too many. Still, I'm looking forward to: Space Pirates and Zombies 2, From the Depths, Besiege, Road Redemption, Call to Arms, Space Engineers, Shadow Warrior 2, Cayne(from the makers of Stasis), Fatigue, and yes even the System Shock Reboot/Redux/Remaster.

I haven't sat down and counted out how many games got released on PC in the past few years, but it certainly doesn't seem like we're exactly hurting for upcoming releases, at least quality ones. Still plenty of shovelware on Steam too, of course.

Disclaimer: Some of the above indie games may indeed also come out on a console. Developers have to eat too.

I didn't even get into all the VR related shit that will undoubtedly start coming out soon or relatively soon, if you've bought into VR.

All of THAT said, there is so much already out that I'm sure you can find other stuff that's new to you to play, if somehow none of the above seem interesting.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Adds Hero
1. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Adds Hero Jul 13, 2016, 17:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

I loved OMD and OMD2. This pay to win, F2P, MOBA mess needs to die as soon as possible. Hopefully whoever was in charge of the first 2 games wakes up and makes a real Orcs Must Die 3 at some point.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 13, 2016, 14:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell is wrong with that generation... do you seriously need to take video of every second of your life? I'm irate because I almost got rear ended today by some kid in his early 20's, taking a selfie of himself as he drove his truck up behind me, stopped at a red light.

Also, get off my lawn.

2589 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo