Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2914 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ROM: Extraction Released
3. Re: ROM: Extraction Released Dec 7, 2016, 22:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Same.. that definitely says something about the general age and nerdiness level of Bluesnews.

I don't think ROM (Space Knight) has had a comic in... like 15 years?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 7, 2016, 20:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Furi, that game looks intense and visually stunning, but it also looks like it has the potential to make me smash my keyboard because of the memorization/movement execution required for each fight.

To the deep sale wishlist it goes!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III for Free
9. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 17:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice, I'm up to 18 games in Uplay, of which I've actually bought...4? All on ridiculous discounts too.

I did have to update Uplay a couple of times before though.

Ubisoft is at least being pretty generous with their older titles, although Uplay is still far more annoying(due to the update procedure mainly) than Steam or Origin at this point.

This release reminds me, I need to finish Black Flag. I get soo sidetracked in those open world games, running around pushing guards off the roof or other non-plot nonsense.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2016, 17:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 15:25:
robdot wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 13:53:
Final fantasy"s story is so stupid. These tragic events happen, then the characters just go on as if nothing is wrong, fishing and taking pictures, and going on stupid quests not related to the story. And they never discuss what just happened.

Or maybe they're just made of sterner stuff than you are and don't need to piss and moan about past tragedies for the rest of their lives.

"My father has been killed!"

*Lights a match off his own face, starts a campfire, goes and toasts marshmallows. Later, updates his blog with campfire pictures.*

I don't think I've played any FF games since probably FF2, but I always love reading about the cheering and gnashing of teeth anytime a FF game comes out.

News Comments > Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week
13. Re: Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 17:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 15:18:
I'm still backing it simply because of the price and every thing they improve between now and the new release date is a great bonus.

Well, just to clarify, did you actually cancel you pre-order, or not? I thought you said earlier you did cancel.

I'm leaning towards buying it off of GMG, the setting is addictive to me, and it's not completely implausible that they patch it up before or shortly after release day...

*EDIT* Whoops, typo.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2016, 17:41.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Signups
12. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Signups Dec 7, 2016, 17:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Why does this seem like Just Cause:Tom Clancy Edition?

Looks pretty interesting, but I'm done doing any sort of beta testing. Have fun, people who got into the beta, let us know how it really is!

News Comments > Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week
9. Re: Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 14:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

I read some beta player reviews, apparently there (currently) is no randomization in the spawns, so after you play a level a few times, you can theoretically memorize most or all of the attack/spawn sequences.

Can that be fixed? Yeah, theoretically.

It's like $27.29 on GMG, with the above and Wallshadows' account, it seems like there is the potential to back yet another shitty Warhammer 40k game that never gets patched up to a playable state for a year, but it's not that much money... hrm.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2016, 11:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 08:54:
Just saw that a new single player Mechwarrior title (Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries) is in the works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A

About fucking time.

Looks like it's using unreal engine, which is a bit of a surprise considering it's being made by the same team that made Mechwarrior Online, which used Cryengine IIRC.

Hrm, that looks really good, and definitely more sim-oriented than the Titanfall 2 arcadey mechs I've been using. Although, the Shogo-ish Titanfall 2 version is pretty fun, Mechwarrior looks like it'll be a lot more enjoyable long term.

jdreyer -> Beyonce is objectively hot. I now question your judgement.

Titanfall 2 single player campaign was actually really good, for those who are curious. I definitely recommend getting it on a deep sale, if you aren't into the multiplayer(which is also pretty damned good, a nice style break from BF1). Short, of course, I think the campaign took me about 6-7 hours.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 3, 2016, 12:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

I was all ready to curse this guy out, but reading the article, he is a classic old school hacker, and no doubt none of his devices will contribute to the IoT botnets. Have fun, buddy.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 3, 2016, 09:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweet, I'm going to send insane text to speech messages to everybody I know that still has a landline, mwahaha!

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Footage
10. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Footage Dec 3, 2016, 09:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 04:50:

There are 9 chapters spread out over 7 ships that are part of the hulk. Each chapter has several missions (3-4 I believe) and each mission takes 30-45 minutes apparently. So there should be quite a bit of meat on its bones. I bit the bullet and preordered, but Im a bit of a Space Hulk fan, and I liked what I saw from the gameplay videos. Even if I play through it once in solo, and maybe a few coop games I think I would have gotten my money's worth. Got
the game from GreenManGaming for like 27 Euros, which is not bad at all.

Hrm, I hadn't checked greenmangaming yet. $27.29(USD) for pre-order... hrm. It might be coin flip time.

News Comments > Dauntless Announced
3. Re: Dauntless Announced Dec 2, 2016, 16:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Can't really tell anything about the gameplay from this clip, but the 'ancestry' of their development team sounds pretty strong.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they show some real gameplay footage.

5. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Footage Dec 2, 2016, 16:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 12:28:
Whilst the ambiance is awesome I'm concerned it's just an A to B grind. Where are the side missions or reasons to explore? Finding artifacts and other things? Seems like they'll be missing out on a great opportunity if that's the case. I'm on some massive derelict of a space hulk, of course I want to explore it.

Agreed, but I think this game is smaller scale than you'd probably like, I doubt there is much side area/secondary objective exploration in a given mission.

With so many games out, multiple sales, etc. I may just hold off on this for a few months, Killing Floor 2 has been great for my COOP pve fix, honestly. BF1 for Pvp of course.

1. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Footage Dec 2, 2016, 12:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty good,although the friendly AI seems a bit suspect at times.

I'm tempted to buy this, in spite of the classic Pre-Order reservations.

News Comments > The Dwarves Released
3. Re: The Dwarves Released Dec 1, 2016, 20:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not to be confused with "We Are The Dwarves," which also features vertically challenged humanoids in a fantasy strategy game.

This looks pretty interesting, I'll add it to the Steam sale list.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 1, 2016, 17:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Save 99%? What the hell is wrong with that game, haha!?

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
6. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 1, 2016, 12:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cool, very classy, CDProjekt Red.

I own NWN and NWN2(with all expansions) on disc... they were that old.

This is a very nice move for the old schoolers.

My Gog catalog is starting to rival my Steam behemoth at this point.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 1, 2016, 02:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 14:18:
Grim Dawn is one of the Humble Bundle games right now so I 2as watching vids last night. Man it looked a lot like D2. So I bought it.

The bundle also came with Dungeons 2 which itself looks a lot like DK2.

Grim Dawn is great! Easily the most enjoyable ARPG out now, in my opinion of course. It has a weaker engine than D3, but far more depth. Less depth than Path of Exile, but way less reliance on trading, and far better combat. Be warned though, legendaries will not drop until you are level 50 or higher. Also, Grim Dawn's graphics scale up nicely, it looks gorgeous turned up high. Also, the music is amazing, some of which was written by some ex-Diablo 2 guy, whose name escapes me at the moment.

Dungeons 2...is pretty good. War for the Overworld came out at about the same time, both want a slice of that Dungeon Keeper nostalgia pie, and they both come pretty close, but both have something missing, depending on what you liked best in DK.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Free GotY Upgrade on GOG.com
16. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Free GotY Upgrade on GOG.com Dec 1, 2016, 01:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice, by the time I'm finally ready to play Witcher 3, this should be all set up on my gog account. Give or take a year, depending on the queue.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 Sanctus Reach in January
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000 Sanctus Reach in January Dec 1, 2016, 01:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks somewhat interesting, but what the hell, it seems like this came out of nowhere... I've never even seen a hint of a teaser before now, and it's coming out in January?

Also gg, Games Workshop, way to carpet bomb the gaming scene.

2914 Comments. 146 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo