Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2726 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Rumors
9. Re: Destiny 2 PC Rumors Sep 27, 2016, 22:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

I remember being pretty impressed by the pre-release Destiny videos, but all the console people I know who played are already thoroughly sick of the game. Too much grind, apparently.

Still, I'd pick up Destiny 1 PC version if they made it, for $9.99 or something.

I'll believe Destiny 2 will be out on PC when I actually see it, there were Destiny 1 PC rumors too, for awhile.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: he walked away from it, so it was perfect landing Sep 27, 2016, 22:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

"What a shitty landing, clearly he should have also taxied off the runway afterwards." -paraphrasing half the comments

Never change, humanity.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer
17. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 27, 2016, 21:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

DangerDog wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 19:26:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 17:49:
Looks gorgeous, but Battlefield is all about the multiplayer. This should be either icing on the cake or irrelevant to your decision to purchase, at this point.

So far the lowest I've seen the (base) game for is $52.99 on Greenmangaming, and that has the added hassle of being in the UK, which can flag some peoples' credit card fraud protection.

https://www.dealzon.com/deals/cheap-battlefield-1#battlefield-1-standard-pc-download

use code VIP3

I paid 45.39 and I always use paypal and have never had any issues with GMG

Hey, thanks a lot!

Hrm, I need to make a habit of actually logging in to greenmangaming before checking the price, apparently. Log in price: $46.79 or something, non-login price, $52.99.

Well, now I'm committed. Battlefield had better turn out to be really good.

*EDIT* With VIP3, it dropped to $45.39, thanks

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2016, 01:06.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 27, 2016, 21:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I've had my eye on Hyper Light Drifter for awhile, tempted to buy it on this sale, but the queue is utterly ridiculous at the moment.

I need to win the lottery and quit my job just to have time to play these games.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer
12. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 27, 2016, 17:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks gorgeous, but Battlefield is all about the multiplayer. This should be either icing on the cake or irrelevant to your decision to purchase, at this point.

So far the lowest I've seen the (base) game for is $52.99 on Greenmangaming, and that has the added hassle of being in the UK, which can flag some peoples' credit card fraud protection.

6. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2016, 07:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 00:21:
Jesus, what a gong show that debate was. I almost feel sorry for you America but you brought this on yourself. I guar-an-fucking-tee you nezt election - if WWIII hasn't happened - Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho *will* be President next!

Almost? I feel more embarrassed about this current crop of politicians than ever before in my life, and we already had Reagan in office with Alzheimer's, George Bush Sr. puking on the Japanese Prime Minister, and of course Clinton getting blown in the White House by interns. Politicians have been a laughing stock for decades.

Lower level ones are even worse, but these fools are supposed to be leading the country. Time to move to Antarctica.

4. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2016, 21:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

I think I'll add that guy's book the queue; meth abuse started way earlier than most people realize, it seems pretty interesting.

Of course, they still give soldiers amphetamines even today in many countries, so behaviorally speaking, it's still relevant.

News Comments > Sundered Announced
1. Re: Sundered Announced Sep 26, 2016, 21:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks fucking great!

Although, Jotun looks and sounds great also, but isn't that much fun for me when I actually play it...

Still, I'll keep an eye on this.

News Comments > Revive Battlefield 2142
7. Re: Revive Battlefield 2142 Sep 26, 2016, 16:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

BF1942 is the best BF game ever.

BF:BC2, scoff.

BF2142... had some interesting stuff, but I sense some rose tinted nostalgia glasses here.

Rest assured though, there will be a BF2143 in about 4-6 years... they probably already made 100 million on BF1 preorders.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2016, 12:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ouch, people jumped in big time on GTA5 at $40? Not a good sign, for people hoping for better Steam deals, such as myself.

It's good to see D:OS2 on there though, although I'm probably going to pick up my Kickstarter key for that on Gog, not Steam.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Eldar Preview
1. Re: Dawn of War III Eldar Preview Sep 24, 2016, 17:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Accursed Eldar. They and all other xenos will die by the Emperor's will!

Please don't end up terrible, DoW3.

News Comments > Mafia III Trailer
1. Re: Mafia III Trailer Sep 24, 2016, 17:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looking pretty good, looking pretty good. Not looking full price day one good, but I'll definitely get this at some point.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 24, 2016, 15:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 23:37:
I have some real doubts whether this is morally justified btw. As a KS project the models ought to belong to the Kickstarters no?

No way, I mean I understand where you're coming from, but in no way do any Kickstarter contributors own any assets or aspects of the finished game at all, except their promised backer reward, ie. a copy of the game, wallpapers, etc.

I have yet to see any Kickstarter project, or any crowdfunding project that indicates backers would literally have some ownership of created assets.

That's the way it should be, too. No one would bother crowd funding if the creators lost control of any part of the finished product...might as well go with a traditional publisher, they'll give you more money and steal everything.

And yeah, the nature of the Wasteland 2 models probably leads to them being a lot easier to resell for use in other games.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 24, 2016, 15:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

BFBC2 was pretty fun, but I think there are some rose-tinted nostalgia glasses in effect here.

BC2 also introduced: extremely low flight ceilings, and massive airborne fog of war to further limit choppers. Also because of map design, Uncap-spawn camping got completely out of hand on a lot of maps.

I can't remember if it was in BF2 also, but the tracking dart was also in BC2, which was arguably one of the worst additions to the Battlefield series, possibly the worst, until they added UCAV in BF4. Some hapless joker shoots your tank or helo with the tracking dart(as you MG his head off), then every no-aim RPG user on his team can lock onto your vehicle even from out of sight. Most annoying thing ever for vehicle players.

That said, I had hundreds of hours into BC2 and overall it was a great game.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 24, 2016, 14:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cheap, well made is good, but that also looks like it has no thumb or pinky finger buttons, ie. not really a gaming mouse.

I need a minimum of 4 buttons + wheel available, and my old brain likes to have at least a few buttons on the left and right sides if at all possible. Spider hand, attack!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 23, 2016, 21:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

A mere $499, for a device that will no doubt be obsolete in a few years. Jump in, early adopters!

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Sep 23, 2016, 19:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rockstar's sale: Save big on everything except the game people actually want, GTA 5.  

News Comments > Void Destroyer 2 Early Access
1. Re: Void Destroyer 2 Early Access Sep 23, 2016, 19:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have Void Destroyer on Steam... I could never really get into it for some reason. Although I remember the original's graphics being a lot more realistic, or at least realistically colored. This is like a 1980's comic book palette.

News Comments > Road Rage Video
4. Re: Road Rage Video Sep 23, 2016, 19:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 12:12:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 11:48:
Wtf, I could have sworn Road Rage was a trademarked game name by EA still.

This looks okay, but I'll probably stick with Road Redemption, to be honest.

Road Rash.

Oh yeah, right, right. Well it's only been like 25 years or so.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 23, 2016, 11:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting. I enjoyed Wasteland 2 quite a bit, and plan on going through the director's cut/enhanced edition or whatever when the queue clears up a bit, but I would not say their 3d models were the strong point of that game.

Functional, acceptable, somewhat generic, come to mind.

2726 Comments. 137 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo