Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 5147 (Guru)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black

8. Re: Into the Black Jan 24, 2020, 14:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

That deer is sick and/or starving. Soon the deer-related zombie plague will start in that town, no doubt.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2020, 14:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Jan 24, 2020, 14:13:
True Manning aficionados know the true greatest Manning (am I gatekeeping enough?) is Cooper!

Though Preston is a close third.

What the hell, OBJ is apparently a real goddamned athlete, even when it comes to catching M&M's thrown at you!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 24, 2020, 14:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Almost everything about this story infuriates me.

No heterosexual man or bisexual man/woman or gay woman should turn down a date with Mia Malkova. The fact that she's doing this with 'streamers,' on some sort of streamer game show is even more aggravating.

The fact that I've never even heard of this streamer just makes it more annoying.

*Disclaimer: I barely know of any streamers(I never watch them), so that's not saying much, but still.

The human race is doomed, at the very least take your shot with Mia Malkova when you get the fucking chance.

News Comments > etc.

3. Re: etc. Jan 23, 2020, 11:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

It will mean that Netflix is going to run the Witcher IP into the ground though. I read that they are already starting an animated Witcher series, in addition to one or more additional seasons of the live action show.  

News Comments > Google Stadia Exclusive Game Plans

23. Re: Google Stadia Exclusive Game Plans Jan 22, 2020, 19:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Jan 22, 2020, 14:48:

I'm not sure selling out to Stadia is a terrible decision. If your choice is basically making a small game few people will like, or making the larger game many people will like, though it needs to be funded by Google with a time-based exclusivity, which would you do?

I'm making the game I want, not the game I have resources for.

Time will tell, I guess. I understand your argument and their motivations, but it's like most of modern business decisions at the corporate level; sell out or scam for short term gains, and who cares about the long term.

Mostly at this point I want to see when exactly the exclusivity ends for OMD3 and the rest of these titles that are getting locked up on Stadia.

20. Re: Google Stadia Exclusive Game Plans Jan 22, 2020, 14:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Jan 22, 2020, 13:49:

Partially here

Interesting, but I'm guessing most of the leadership who decided to do microtransactions etc. in OMDU are still around, making terrible decisions such as selling out to Stadia.

Oh well, I'm not going to say I'm not interested in how it turns out, because I did love OMD and OMD2. Hopefully the exclusivity period isn't too long, and OMD3 ends up being good/great.

Personally I'm trying to avoid buying anything these days except on Gog. Too much anti-consumer nonsense out there now.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2020, 12:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Awesome, more clone wars!

Altered Carbon... meh. I loved the novels, couldn't finish the first season of the show. Maybe I'll give it another try.

10. Re: Google Stadia Exclusive Game Plans Jan 22, 2020, 12:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Jan 22, 2020, 11:21:
Orcs Must Die 3 is a Stadia exclusive. Timed. It wouldn't exist without Google paying for it, though, so I'm ok with that. Given the choice between not having a game I want, and having to wait to play a game I want, I'll choose the wait.

I loved OMD/2. Can't wait for 3.

You forget they made a completely shit version of OMD after OMD2, some freeware microtransaction crap. Orcs Must Die 3 might be more of the same.

Ideally Stadia is abandoned by Google and/or dies almost immediately.

News Comments > Tencent Makes Funcom Bid; Dune Scope May Expand

7. Re: Tencent Makes Funcom Bid; Dune Scope May Expand Jan 22, 2020, 12:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, Tencent vacuuming up yet more IPs and companies.

Dystopia here we come! (are?)

In the near future, it'll be a three-way war between Disney, Amazon and Tencent. For the ownership of everything.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Previews

8. Re: DOOM Eternal Previews Jan 21, 2020, 12:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 21, 2020, 12:25:
El Pit wrote on Jan 21, 2020, 11:10:
Just watched a 12 minutes gameplay video from the 2nd and 3rd level - while I like some parcours in games, this feels so strange inside a Doom game. I will wait for more gameplay videos but right now - nope. Don't feel it. Sorry.

The original games were very much fast paced run and guns...

your doom guy was faster than Usain bolt at full sprint for HOURS.

Yeah... feel free to not like these new DOOMs, but multiplayer Doom back in the day was a speed fest only limited by the engine (We would have jumped, RJ'd, kipped if the game let us). Full sprint full auto nonstop through the whole map, filling it with rockets and plasma.

This is a definite buy for me, maybe even day one.

News Comments > The Last of Us Part II PC Plans?

20. Re: The Last of Us Part II PC Plans? Jan 21, 2020, 08:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I'd like to play both this game and the original on PC, was there some version of the first one released on PC already?

Googling indicates there is some somewhat shady hacked version of TLoU for PC, didn't feel like trying it.

News Comments > Dying Light 2 Delayed

7. Re: Dying Light 2 Delayed Jan 21, 2020, 00:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not entirely surprising. I'll still be interested when they finally release the game, and the queue is ridiculous anyway.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 MP After 2021

5. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 MP After 2021 Jan 17, 2020, 15:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, maybe I'm in the extreme minority even on Bluesnews, but I don't like even the hint of multiplayer ever messing up a game for 'balance' or competitiveness or whatever else that's fun and broken in single player, constantly getting changed for the sake of multiplayer.

Of course, the multiplayer seems to be mostly (entirely?) separate from the single player, so maybe there is nothing here to be feared?

Even the balance between coop and pvp becomes a sticky wicket for a lot of games. Oh well, I guess we'll see.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate 3 Teasing Something for Next Month

6. Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Teasing Something for Next Month Jan 17, 2020, 15:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

El Pit wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 15:24:
A promo JPG will be released 02.27.20 for a teaser later this year that will prepare us for a trailer in 2021 - just 2 years ahead of the game's release in 2023!

Just kidding. I love Larian and expect them to turn BG3 into a great game.

Larian is great, and I fervently hope BG3 will be great, but I don't feel that 2023 is too far off the mark, unfortunately.

No in game video whatsoever, major aspects of game mechanics still being pondered, it'll be years before release.

News Comments > Horizon: Zero Dawn PC Rumor

8. Re: Horizon: Zero Dawn PC Rumor Jan 16, 2020, 23:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cool; console people I know seem to love this game, I'd like to try it with a real control scheme.

*Disclaimer KB/mouse for life, congratulations if you can use a gamepad/console controller.

News Comments > Spellsword Cards: DungeonTop Early Access

1. Re: Spellsword Cards: DungeonTop Early Access Jan 16, 2020, 23:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is not the kind of game for me in the first place, but this description of theirs reads like a gaming trend word salad.

"rogue-like deck building game with table top battles" What the fuck, pick a mechanic, developers, preferrably one that doesn't involve rogue-like.

Also, get off my lawn, etc.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed

16. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Jan 16, 2020, 23:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, not entirely unsurprising, they know their fans are going to buy this game even if they took another entire year to release it.

I'll wait, I have a ton of stuff in the queue to play as it is.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 MP After 2021

2. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 MP After 2021 Jan 16, 2020, 23:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bleh, multiplayer? Try not to waste too many resources on this mode, CD Projekt Red.

News Comments > Evening Interviews

4. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 16, 2020, 14:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

What country, exactly, is Google Stadia aimed at, where everyone is on uncapped gigabit fiber? Certainly not the USA.

The sooner that streaming shit fails the better.

News Comments > Evening Multiplex

5. Re: Evening Multiplex Jan 15, 2020, 07:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 15, 2020, 04:42:
That sword looks cool though. Slicing up demons with it without the quicktime events? Tasty if it indeed works like that.

I'm guessing it's not random, it's a kill animation per weapon per enemy, like the last game. Still, not a traditional quicktime event, I'd think.

Health, armor, or ammo bonuses or whatever from melee kills or something, most likely.

5147 Comments. 258 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >