Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On March 31, 2009
Supporter -
Total Comments 5257 (Guru)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Previews

2. Re: Saturday Previews Mar 29, 2020, 10:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

I will get this on Steam when he finally releases it there(still no projected date, right?), but I feel like a lot of newer games have eaten Dwarf Fortress's lunch in some aspects, namely Rimworld, but also stuff like Prison Architect and some of the other building/society games.

Still, this should bring in a ton of new people, the pure ASCII version is just horrific to look at.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Get The Deed for Free

3. Re: Get The Deed for Free Mar 28, 2020, 20:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Now, who will Do The Deed? That is the real question.

News Comments > Get World War Z, Tormentor x Punisher, and Figment for Free

11. Re: Got World War Z, Tormentor x Punisher, and Figment for Free Mar 27, 2020, 02:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Played a little bit of WWZ with the bots.. not overly impressed. It's definitely in the vein of L4D/L4D2, but the AI for your teammates seems to be mostly deaf. Always demolishing stuff in front of it, constantly getting jumped on by stuff screaming/sprinting at it from behind.

Some pretty interesting set pieces with a LOT of zombies on screen at once, but apparently there are only 4 maps!?

Not sure if the game is bugged, but it wouldn't let me change my cosmetic appearance, even though it seems like I have the base setup for multiple characters available.

Also, seems pretty grindy, 150points for winning a map(30-40mins), ONE gun takes 150 points to upgrade or unlock, at minimum. Maybe there are more points awarded at higher difficulty/online, etc.

Probably a lot more fun with some people you know, but the team AI was a little tiring. Uninstalled for now.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Weekend Begins

1. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Weekend Begins Mar 26, 2020, 20:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

So, is this game worth the download?  

News Comments > Get World War Z, Tormentor x Punisher, and Figment for Free

2. Re: Got World War Z, Tormentor x Punisher, and Figment for Free Mar 26, 2020, 20:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

I've had TormentorXPunisher for awhile now on Steam; in some ways it's the refined, enriched essence of the perfect action game. Rage inducing, difficult, with responsive controls and good gameplay, and you can get your fill in like 20-30minutes.

I just installed World War Z, it has a pretty invasive EULA, with machine/IP specific data collection mentioned, just a fair warning. Not sure if I'll play it with that aggressive of a data collection method.

Of course we're almost living in WWZ now, so, the irony is pretty tasty.

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Released

3. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Released Mar 23, 2020, 13:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 13:38:
What's the butt of the scuttle? Any good?

I have no doubt it's good, but is it $1000 good?

That's the real question.

News Comments > Prey 2 Hint in DOOM Eternal?

10. Re: Prey 2 Hint in DOOM Eternal? Mar 22, 2020, 19:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy yeah, I got to that ending, I guess I interpreted it a little differently though. Generally speaking, I took it to mean humanity is pretty much done for, so whatever happens next is academic, at least as far as human concerns go.

Could they make some new Prey game from there? Sure, but it'd be a vast departure from about 99% of the first game, right?

I mean, I'd still check it out if they made it, but odds are low of that happening.

News Comments > Prey 2 Hint in DOOM Eternal?

6. Re: Prey 2 Hint in DOOM Eternal? Mar 22, 2020, 15:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2020, 15:03:
I'm guessing just a clever reference to how Prey can't get a sequel, regardless of which 'boot it is.

The most recent Prey was such an excellent game.

Yes, I loved the last Prey game, unfortunately it sold poorly and the story was pretty much over at the end of the game. I thought the developer already gave up on the franchise?

News Comments > Valve Plans Artifact Reboot

5. Re: Valve Plans Artifact Reboot Mar 21, 2020, 23:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

I loved Magic:the Gathering as a kid, and still love the basic gameplay ideas of it now, but any realist has to see that it's designed to siphon money from the players, especially as time went by.

Artifact was like that, only with more steps for Valve to get cash directly into their bank account. They sold the game, they took a percentage of any player to player card sale, and they also sold booster packs? I forget, it was a lot of selling, enough to make me vehemently oppose the concept of the game the first time around, regardless of how good the gameplay was/is.

I suspect Valve will monetize the shit out of it again this time around, but maybe not; who knows, with the world suffering from a pandemic and idiots in charge, maybe Valve will release some awesome gameplay mechanics with no attempts to fuck players over.

News Comments > Valnir Rok Key Giveaway

6. Re: Valnir Rok Key Giveaway Mar 21, 2020, 18:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ouch, Steam reviews are pretty harsh. Who has played it from Bluesnews so far, any opinions on this game?

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

2. Re: Morning Multiplex Mar 20, 2020, 17:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, I had no idea that many people actually paid for Tetris.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Released

20. Re: DOOM Eternal Released Mar 20, 2020, 17:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer wrote on Mar 20, 2020, 13:08:
Of course, this comes the weekend that I have at least 6 or 10 hours of work to do.

Somehow, the entire world shuts down, and I still have to work the weekend.

That'll teach you to have a job!

Seriously though, I'll probably get this eventually, although I've read a few Steam complaints about the ammo system(ie. not much actual ammo laying around, you need to chainsaw kill for ammo?) Also apparently some creatures only die 'easily' vs specific weapon attacks, otherwise you waste a ton of ammo, etc.

Maybe a sale buy for me.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 17, 2020, 22:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Mar 17, 2020, 19:34:

Well we already know America and China do. I doubt it would come as a shock that most other countries do it too.

Every country does, almost all law enforcement agencies do, many private companies also collect data/track everything related to your cellphone.

Don't use cellphones, modern cars, modern tvs, credit cards or computers if you don't want to be tracked.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Reviews

8. Re: DOOM Eternal Reviews Mar 17, 2020, 13:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Mar 17, 2020, 12:55:
Doom Eternal Is a Dizzying Catastrophe - WIRED.

Bethesda's check to Wired got lost in the mail.

Reading their review, I'm still going to get the game. "Immense," "combat...adds new elements, arguably too many" with some complaints about the story being convoluted. It's all good, man.

I am still deep into Phoenix Point(started my game up again, fuck the middle game of that game, currently) and still playing Division 2, so maybe in a few months, DOOM:E.

News Comments > State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Released

3. Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Released Mar 16, 2020, 10:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Reading Steam reviews, seems like it's buggy and has old style GFWL issues, via XBox live or whatever it's called now. Pass.  

News Comments > Dice Legacy Announced

2. Re: Dice Legacy Announced Mar 16, 2020, 10:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Lol, seriously. This looks pretty cool, in spite of the weird dice aspect. Yet another game added to the potential buy queue.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Backer Beta This Week

1. Re: Wasteland 3 Backer Beta This Week Mar 16, 2020, 10:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Excellent. Beta test this game thoroughly, early adopters... I will be waiting.

News Comments > Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem "Second Dawn" Plans

3. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Mar 14, 2020, 15:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweet, this game should be ready to go by the time I get around to it in 8-12 months.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Delirium Launches

2. Re: Path of Exile: Delirium Launches Mar 14, 2020, 00:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well to be fair, Diablo 3 has not had any real updates, compared to PoE which is constantly being added to.

Is this the PoE 2 one yet, or is that still months away?

News Comments > Into the Black

1. Re: Into the Black Mar 13, 2020, 19:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Just when you thought the stock market couldn't tank harder...  

5257 Comments. 263 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >