1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Universal Combat Free
Mar 11, 2009, 07:27
N/a
Re: Universal Combat Free Mar 11, 2009, 07:27
Mar 11, 2009, 07:27
N/a

I have to say this game would be absolutley brilliant if it wernt so... empty i guess is the way to put it. I can fly for hours without encountering ships, friend or foe alike and when you land on a planet theres a sparse landscape full of nothing much, even in the city areas there are just buildings, a few vehicles and the odd marine trying to kill you.

Implimentation of civilians and population to planets/moons (such as wildlfe, cargoships flying around doing buisness runs etc) would be lovley and perhaps increasing the random encounter amount (assuming there is a random encounter type script) and giving it **areas of effect like having a large nebula more likley to spawn pirates which are using it for cover.

** not sure if this is alredy in the game, it didnt seem like it when i was playing.

As a not so important but greatly improving immersion factor suggestion, interiors e.g. docking on a space station and being able to walk around a 3D enviroment with outfitters, traders, docking bay where you can see your ship (and possibly the repairs being done on it if they are nessicary) and something that no space sim has ever done to my knowledge, adding ship interriors to the capital ships so that instead of watching a bit of text telling you where you're charecter is on the ship you can actually go into a 1st person mode and walk around the ship (go to shuttle bays and launch in a shuttle and/or fighter, hop on the transporter, help repair damage and all those lovley world immersion things)

Those are the few things that UC is really lacking that would make it the best space sim i've ever played, I love being able to land on planets and get in and out of ships at will top notch gameplay stuff there, its just missing a bit of life.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2009, 07:54.
1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older