Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Burke

Real Name Burke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MUGWUMP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2009, 04:59
Total Comments 77 (Suspect)
User ID 54813

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jul 5, 2016, 22:25 MUGWUMP

I would say his career came to a sharp end.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2016, 20:08 MUGWUMP

Necrophob wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 12:00:
Apparently there's something known as "Computer Elbow" (similar to Tennis Elbow). Might be that. I know I've had elbow pain on occasion, and my job has me typing all day.

I get that when I get a few days off and decide to do a couple marathon gaming sessions. I can press on the outside of my elbow joint to get a bit of pain. For me, it's probably just a pinched nerve because one Valium before a night of sleep takes care of it. Before you ask, I have a back and neck injury from letting a noob get me in a choke so he could practice. He absolutely wrenched on me. Anyway, I take one pill like every 3 or 4 months when I get an aggravating pain that wont go away after a few days.

One other thing Blue. Seeing as this site has been around for so long, ya know you could be suffering from old age

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2016, 22:12 MUGWUMP

BobBob wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 14:16:
I envy that you can bbq and grill. The smoke gives me an asthma attack. I can't even be around a fireplace or campfire.

Wear a respirator. You can pretend you're grilling in a post-apocalyptic world.

News Comments > PlanetSide 1 and Legends of Norrath Closing
9. Re: PlanetSide 1 and Legends of Norrath Closing Jun 18, 2016, 00:48 MUGWUMP

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 00:42:
There is no 'best experience' with everquest anymore when after 10+ years people are still camping out rooms in lower Guk.

LOL must get those boots!

EDIT: Oh wait...that was Najena. Damn. So much camping.

That was the one lame part. If you needed someting from a specific spot be prepared to wait DAYS to get on the list to get into the group that was camping a specific spot only to sit there to kill a group of 4 mobs then sit on your ass for 30 minutes till they spawned again...only to NOT drop the shit someone needs :p

News Comments > PlanetSide 1 and Legends of Norrath Closing
5. Re: PlanetSide 1 and Legends of Norrath Closing Jun 18, 2016, 00:11 MUGWUMP

Don't get Landmark. It's amazing they're actually still selling it. I think it's a crime. It's not a game. It's a tech demo.

As for Everquest... It's where I "popped the cherry" so to speak, with mmos. So many awesome memories. But that was so many years ago. If it's the same experience as it was near the beginning then I say hell yea go for it, but I'm tempted to believe it's only harcore people still playing so you won't get the vanilla experience of traveling from Qeynos to Freeport for the first time. It was actually scary. Especially knowing that if you die and you can't get back to your corpse in time you lose everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpmgqIq-s0s

So many memories :p

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2016, 00:17.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailers
3. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Jun 13, 2016, 23:48 MUGWUMP

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 20:31:
How the fuck do you hack a VW Bus or old Camero?

Agreed. I get the whole suspension of disbelief thing, but a game that "looks" like something that could happen in the near future needs to comply to certain rules.

I can see a new tesla car just starting up and moving, but a 50 YO VW bus?

GTFO

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 23, 2016, 22:11 MUGWUMP

Mr. Anisotonic wrote on May 23, 2016, 22:05:
lol, I really hope VR just tanks and goes Virtual Boy and you're all stuck playing in 2D with shit frame rates at a needlessly high res for the next 10 years bwahahahaha

pc gamers sure deserve no less after collectively shitting on 3D like they did...

3D as in the 3d monitors that you need to wear those special glasses? I have a giant 3d tv. I used the glasses exactly once before I chucked them.

3d will only work when we get something like a holographic image. simulating 3d on a flat screen is a novelty at most.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 23, 2016, 22:05 MUGWUMP

I'm 100% sitting this one out till there is a standard.

Better tech should drive the competition, not who can have the better exclusive killer app.

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed May 7, 2016, 17:01 MUGWUMP

Do we need a Blues News "Safe Zone"?

LOL

News Comments > Battlefield Teaser Trailer; Announcement Tomorrow
17. Re: Battlefield Teaser Trailer; Announcement Tomorrow May 5, 2016, 21:38 MUGWUMP

It's a crying guy about to get run over by a Tiger tank.

13. Re: Battlefield Teaser Trailer; Announcement Tomorrow May 5, 2016, 21:06 MUGWUMP

<Electric-Spock> wrote on May 5, 2016, 20:58:
I believe the guy in the trailer is just a random dude at EA headquarters on his knees begging for less console drivel and mod support for the PC.

Of course he is just about to catch a bitch slap from the current EA CEO, who's name is Cash DLC McDiamonds, I believe.

I forgot about that. These large publishers are so focused on immediate cash they fragment their playerbase with dozens of maps etc.

Who was the first one to do this expansion fracturing?
The one I think of is id with Q3 Team Arena.

11. Re: Battlefield Teaser Trailer; Announcement Tomorrow May 5, 2016, 20:54 MUGWUMP

1942 redux.

'cause redoing stuff is the new new.

Not that I'm complaining. If they can redo that simple formula they would clean house.

There's a reason that game did so good.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2016, 20:48 MUGWUMP

I don't understand why people that read the books would hate the TV series.

Yea, there's some stuff that doesn't follow the books, but the big parts are all spot on. Stuff like the scene between the viper and the mountain could not have been better.

EDIT: 12 minutes!!!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Details
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 21, 2015, 00:38 MUGWUMP

I miss the days of logging into my favorite QW/TWCTF/Q2/Q2LMCTF/Q3A/UT Etc. server so I could duke it out with/against people that I would see all the time. The community used to be so awesome. We'd even swap over to teams that were getting wiped out to even the odds.

Remember when people used to actually switch teams to even things up mid battle?

That shit is all gone. Now its just click a button and play with a bunch of random people.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Aug 2, 2015, 14:34 MUGWUMP

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 13:41:
What the fuck is a religious site doing reporting on gaming news? Bizarre. I suppose next we'll see WeButcherCows.com covering interior design or AnalBleaching.com covering genocide in Rwanda.

religion/command&conquer

Makes perfect sense to me.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Video
6. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Video Jun 23, 2015, 16:06 MUGWUMP

Good stuff.

Reminds me of this guy. Pay no mind to the incorrect title(not Bruce Lee)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl1EP_2CPUo

News Comments > World of Tanks Adds Racing
13. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 19:13 MUGWUMP

Some people are never satisfied.

Want gold? Make some friends, play tournaments and you win gold.

...and get this...they're FUN!

Have fun and win in game currency. Who would've thought!!?!?!?!

News Comments > PopCap Founder Pops Out
17. Re: PopCap Founder Pops Out Sep 6, 2014, 17:56 MUGWUMP

Jump to conclusions much?

Yup, swallow up that propaganda... Gangs in Mexico less than 100 miles from our border are cutting people's heads off on a weekly basis, but you see one video in mainstream corporate media of one incident happening 10,000 miles away (that has never been proven authentic, btw, if they're trying to shock you then why didn't they show the actual beheading?) and suddenly you want to go to war in that god-forsaken desert, AGAIN? Hook, line, sinker.

/off-topic

Thanks for reaffirming my comment by the way.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2014, 18:03.

News Comments > PopCap Founder Pops Out
2. Re: PopCap Founder Pops Out Sep 6, 2014, 13:43 MUGWUMP

War abolition?

While being a pacifist is admirable, I believe reality trumps idealism every time.

You can't play nice with people who cut peoples heads off. They only know violence, and then you have the people who simply want to watch the world burn.

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
14. Re: Game as a service Jun 3, 2014, 17:42 MUGWUMP

"Games-as-a-service"

"Not-a-Fucking-Chance"

77 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo