Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TheVocalMinority

Real Name TheVocalMinority   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TheVocalMinority
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 1, 2009, 04:01
Total Comments 233 (Novice)
User ID 54734

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
103. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 18, 2018, 07:49 TheVocalMinority

Beamer wrote on Jul 17, 2018, 10:49:
TheVocalMinority wrote on Jul 17, 2018, 10:15:
loomy thanks for your contribution I went and had a look at some lets play videos and it looks like the game is coming along ok. Actually reminds me in some ways of the early DayZ with all the bugs. I'm guessing something will eventually come out. Really makes the salty tears that much more delicious!

RE Cutter yeah the guy's nuts but he is a free thinker which I much prefer to the dogmatic ideologues who seem to be the most prolific posters on blues these days.

Come-on lets go for 100 posts!

I'm sure you find yourself a free thinker, as well, instead of one of the most predictable people here on any given social or political topic. Cutter being equally predictable, I may add. You say "free thinker" the reality is the person most concerned with his own self. You, on the other hand, will easily support something against your own interests if you feel it pisses off the right people.

Gotcha!

VM
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
97. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 17, 2018, 10:15 TheVocalMinority

loomy thanks for your contribution I went and had a look at some lets play videos and it looks like the game is coming along ok. Actually reminds me in some ways of the early DayZ with all the bugs. I'm guessing something will eventually come out. Really makes the salty tears that much more delicious!

RE Cutter yeah the guy's nuts but he is a free thinker which I much prefer to the dogmatic ideologues who seem to be the most prolific posters on blues these days.

Come-on lets go for 100 posts!

VM

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 1, 2018, 00:34 TheVocalMinority

That performance was amazing - what is wrong with you people?  
VM

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
17. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 20, 2018, 02:27 TheVocalMinority

Simon Says wrote on May 19, 2018, 08:53:
TheVocalMinority wrote on May 19, 2018, 02:19:
RedEye9 wrote on May 18, 2018, 19:18:
But we all know it's really because Canada does not have any masculinity, amirite asmodai? Rolleyes

/rubbs belly

People are still murdered in Canada.

Yes... at a stageringly lower rate, per capita, in Canada to be equivalent to 1 year in the US, it would take 5 years of murders.

And for school shootings... When was the last in Canada? 2 years ago.

You had 16 since the start of 2018 which implicated people dying... Let's see how far back we have to go in Canada to have 16 deadly school shootings...

1884, I'm not kidding... Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#Canada

In 5 months you've had as many deadly school shootings as Canada since 1884. We've had 19 total since then, but 3 had no casualties.

I rest my case

Sorry I've had 0 school shootings my friend so you are very wrong LOL. You have also completely missed the point of what I was saying in response to Beamer, but since you mention it - there is no relationship between restrictions on firearm ownership and homicide rate internationally.

VM

9. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 19, 2018, 02:19 TheVocalMinority

RedEye9 wrote on May 18, 2018, 19:18:
But we all know it's really because Canada does not have any masculinity, amirite asmodai? Rolleyes

/rubbs belly

People are still murdered in Canada.

VM

8. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 19, 2018, 02:17 TheVocalMinority

As I've said in a previous thread the concept of gun violence is a nonsense, murders is the metric you want. Please keep up.  
VM

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties
53. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 29, 2018, 02:33 TheVocalMinority

NKD wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 23:40:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 12:15:

Incorrect. 11,208 homicides. Classifying suicides as violence is a way to bump up the number so "gun violence" sounds scary, the same with accidental deaths. If I fall off a ladder and die is that "ladder violence?" If I overdose on sleeping pills to kill myself is that "drug violence?"

And it's not so we can play pew pew. It's so we can defend ourselves and our loved ones.

Why do people with guns in their homes commit suicide more often than people without? Why are people with guns in their homes more likely to die of gun violence? Doesn't sound like they do a very good job of protecting people on average.

Why do you keep asking questions to make a point? Have you actually read any research on this or are you just parroting talking points from anti-gun activists? You probably want to link to a (somewhat) legitimate primary source for you information if you want to be taken seriously.

VM

43. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 28, 2018, 03:04 TheVocalMinority

NKD wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 02:21:
TheVocalMinority wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 01:22:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 21:07:
Gun violence in the US each year kills 35,000, wounds 75,000, and costs $229 BILLION. Just so you can go play pew-pew at the range. Fuck you.

Sorry classic misuse of statistics for political purposes.

As opposed to classic disregard of statistics for political purposes?

Adding a firearm to just about any setting or situation increases the likelihood of someone being injured or killed. It stands to reason that the increased likelihood means increased costs, both in money, and human lives.

So you concede that the originally linked article was bunk? For the assertion to be true every act of violence would have to be caused by a firearm (gun).

What statistics have been disregarded? You have only made an unsubstantiated assertion which is so broad as to certainly be wrong.

VM

40. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 28, 2018, 01:22 TheVocalMinority

jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 21:07:
Gun violence in the US each year kills 35,000, wounds 75,000, and costs $229 BILLION. Just so you can go play pew-pew at the range. Fuck you.

Sorry classic misuse of statistics for political purposes. This analyses (or at least interpretation) assumes it is the gun that causes the violence which is absurd. You might claim that the use of a gun makes the violence more costly but that is not supported by information presented in the article.

VM

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2018, 00:15 TheVocalMinority

1badmf wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 23:33:
Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:57:
Those giant wind turbines are stupid, and an eyesore. Anyone who lives around them doesn't want them around. Typical government stupidity and corruption are involved with those things. Give credits for solar and windpods on peoples homes would be far more efficient and desire. But that would make sense.

i personally think wind turbines are beautiful additions to the landscape, especially considering smoke stacks and refineries they replace.

Smoke stacks and refineries occupy a pretty small area compared to wind farms. Also they are located in areas where poor people live - wind farms tend to be placed in semi-rural areas where the chattering classes have their hobby farms and so forth, hence all the squealing.

VM

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
34. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 18, 2018, 12:47 TheVocalMinority

Beamer wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 10:10:
Legally, you have no leg to stand on, but you argue some moral right.

This is exactly the sort of thing I am talking about, you are deliberately misapplying a legal context when the conversation is about a natural right!

The rest of you frothy rant seems to be largely addressing agreements I did not make and ascribing to me thoughts I do not have so I hope you won't be too offended by my failure to address them. I have little time to argue with people on the internet.

VM

31. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 17, 2018, 10:04 TheVocalMinority

Yes Beamer I am quite aware that you do not believe in freedom of speech and do not even appear to understand it (although I suspect you deliberately misunderstand).

NAZIs and criminals still have this freedom. Stopping Facebook from banning someone does not violate any right to free speech and is something I do not have the power to do anyway. What I do have the power to do is not support any businesses that uses excessive censorship, and encourage others to do likewise (although this would be the least of the reasons I have not to use Facebook).

To reinforce my original point - freedom of speech is something you have because you are human. This is the starting point of the conversation not anything about the constitution of the USA.

VM

26. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 17, 2018, 08:49 TheVocalMinority

Probably wasting my time but freedom of speech is a human right - it does not exist because of legislation but, if you believe such things, exists as a right bestowed by simply being human. The constitution of the USA does provide some protections to freedom of speech but does not define that right.

Censorship, which is being discussed here can certainly impact free speech. Due to the size and influence of Facebook this is, arguably, a free speech issue. Like it or not for many people Facebook is the internet and to some extent it has become an electronic public square, but privately owned.

I think it was Chomsky who said you either believe in free speech or you do not. There are many commentators here who do not believe in free speech.

And no, numbnuts, all this does not mean I agree with this Spencer character or like what he stands for.

VM

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 14, 2018, 00:42 TheVocalMinority

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 21:10:
Oh come on, Redeye -- you are familiar enough with my tendencies to know that's an unfair attack. My comment has nothing to do with his skin color.

Yeah I know completely surprising that one of the most ideologically possessed commentators on Blues News would see your post through the lens of race /s

VM

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
15. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2018, 08:18 TheVocalMinority

Interesting that most of the brain damaged TDS sufferers are strangely silent when this is the worst piece of American legislation to come into being in the Trump presidency. The authoritarians are licking their lips in anticipation.  
VM

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
14. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 16, 2018, 09:16 TheVocalMinority

Beamer wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 01:17:
Red886 wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 00:59:
there is no collusion.
unless you also believed Clinton lost because of the Russians.
then of course it's all the Russian's fault..

how they highlighted American issues to Americans is unacceptable..it's too candid, to real, too straight to the point. It makes Americans think as if there is something wrong with America. It's all a lie. America is great, all the issues about medical care to infrastructure are all lies...

we should all direct out attention to eliminating terrorist in the Middle East

Our infrastructure is a disaster and our healthcare is hideously expensive with millions not covered.

Seriously. Where do you get your information?

I think your sarcasm detector is on the blink again Beamer.

Seriously you people seem to be getting worse and worse the longer this Trump thing goes on.

Perhaps Trump Derangement Syndrome is a disease that is.....progressive

VM

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March
35. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March Jan 7, 2018, 00:30 TheVocalMinority

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 6, 2018, 21:58:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 6, 2018, 18:47:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 6, 2018, 18:43:
Good plan, when in doubt use caps! *ugh* Go play SC and leave us alone.

Isn't it the villain who yells, "They'll see. I'll make them all pay!"?

You forgot 'while he's petting a white Himalayan cat'.

LOL I think you have all misunderstood post 25.

Man I love these Star Citizen discussions.

VM

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 5, 2018, 05:47 TheVocalMinority

Drej wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 00:41:
I'm scientifically inclined, and I could not understand 1% of that article. And now my OCD has kicked in and it will bother me that I can't understand this.

I didn't understand the article either, however I suspect this is a result of the journalist not understanding what they are writing about rather than my own stupidity (in this case at least).

VM

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 2, 2018, 22:58 TheVocalMinority

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 21:21:
MeanJim wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 20:38:
I suppose a recall is out of the question due to the number of processors affected, many of which aren't even in production anymore.

Well, I think it would not just be out of the question, it would literally be impossible to recall 2+ billion cpu and replace them.

Better solution, fix the security issue and disable the fix when a game runs or give user white-listing abilities. 23% performance reduction would definitely make me NOT apply that update. This issue isn't exploitable over the web anyhow. Hax needs full access to your rig, so sandbox and no problem. Although.. I think this issue could actually make sandboxes leak... now wouldn't that be something.

But until we can read what is actually patched we dunno really

As you say all we have is speculation at the moment but it is possible that this could be exploited remotely. IIRC rowhammer has been found to work in Javascript but not sure how reliable it is.

From what I have read the main concern is that it may allow users to break out of a VM and have their way with the entire system.

VM

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
8. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Dec 16, 2017, 07:13 TheVocalMinority

Sorry didn't have time to follow up on this during the week.

Host is irrelevant, updates are signed by Debian private key and will not install if hash does not match. It can be overridden but I don't think this will be the default in the auto update because that would be nuts.

VM

233 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo