Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TheVocalMinority

Real Name TheVocalMinority   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TheVocalMinority
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 1, 2009, 04:01
Total Comments 244 (Novice)
User ID 54734

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
21. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 19, 2018, 08:16 TheVocalMinority

Beamer wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 17:40:
Can you think of a single movie with a likeable Nazi,

Not actual card carrying Nazi's, no. German soldiers? This springs to mind:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074695/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

"How easily we let ourselves be taken in by partisan labels" - Solzhenitsyn
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2018, 06:47 TheVocalMinority

Red886 wrote on Oct 7, 2018, 00:33:
the problem with bullshit journals which is prob in the hundred now, is that academicians need to publish and publish to hold on to their tenure.

you literally have pay to publish your papers for alot of these bs journals.

These were not "bullshit" journals in their fields though. One was ranked 20th in Gender Studies by SCImago journal rank.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2018, 01:48 TheVocalMinority

Bundy wrote on Sep 29, 2018, 18:42:
loling pretty hard at everybody raging about Kathleen Kennedy. Man that made my day. More tears please everyone. Delicious.

Totally, just like the delicious Trump tears am I right?

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Sep 29, 2018, 02:28 TheVocalMinority

Ah OK as I said 30 years since I've seen it.  

4. Re: Into the Black Sep 29, 2018, 01:45 TheVocalMinority

Quote should be "The life of a repo man is always intense", although I'm not sure why I remember that when it's been around 30 years since I saw the film.  

News Comments > STONE Released
7. Re: STONE Released Sep 22, 2018, 00:58 TheVocalMinority

So this isn't based on the classic Australian biker film? Disappointed!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072209/

3. Re: Into the Black Aug 21, 2018, 08:17 TheVocalMinority

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 19:48:
What's that Lassie?
blue wins today's internet

I can't believe I actually agree with you on something. Must reconsider...

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 11, 2018, 06:42 TheVocalMinority

Prez wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 14:46:
It's amazing to me how many people are calling this censorship. Did the definition change in the last few years and I just missed it? Anyway, if we're calling this censorship, then I guess I'm pro-censorship now. Alex Jones is absolute cancer and any organization private or public would be crazy not to distance themselves from him.

It hasn't changed I think people have just assumed that the tweets were removed by twitter. What do you think the definition of "censorship" is?

News Comments > On Star Citizen Economics
24. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 5, 2018, 01:05 TheVocalMinority

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 4, 2018, 23:24:
On the surface this argument seems reasonable. But like the cliche says, "The Devil is in the details." The same argument is made by those crazy phone games like Gods of War, and while it might be technically correct, the reality is if you don't spend a lot of money, you are not going to win much. So, whether or not SC is pay to win is yet to be determined. I will say, the nature of the game makes it less prone to this problem, but that doesn't mean they'll actually avoid it.

What!? How dare you make a thoughtful and reasonable comment in a SC thread. Be gone with ye!

News Comments > Steam Game Abstractism Under Fire
10. Re: Steam Game Abstractism Under Fire Jul 31, 2018, 07:39 TheVocalMinority

Overon wrote on Jul 30, 2018, 17:39:
Steam lets even malware onto their platform. Pretty sad really. Hard to trust them.

What are you talking about, Steam IS malware!

Sorry couldn't resist...

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches Jul 30, 2018, 00:02 TheVocalMinority

There were still well populated FH servers running a year or two ago, pretty sure they were running this variant as well. Tempted to fire up my old Windows system and check this one out (probably hasn't been used since the last time I played FH!).  

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
103. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 18, 2018, 07:49 TheVocalMinority

Beamer wrote on Jul 17, 2018, 10:49:
TheVocalMinority wrote on Jul 17, 2018, 10:15:
loomy thanks for your contribution I went and had a look at some lets play videos and it looks like the game is coming along ok. Actually reminds me in some ways of the early DayZ with all the bugs. I'm guessing something will eventually come out. Really makes the salty tears that much more delicious!

RE Cutter yeah the guy's nuts but he is a free thinker which I much prefer to the dogmatic ideologues who seem to be the most prolific posters on blues these days.

Come-on lets go for 100 posts!

I'm sure you find yourself a free thinker, as well, instead of one of the most predictable people here on any given social or political topic. Cutter being equally predictable, I may add. You say "free thinker" the reality is the person most concerned with his own self. You, on the other hand, will easily support something against your own interests if you feel it pisses off the right people.

Gotcha!

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
97. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 17, 2018, 10:15 TheVocalMinority

loomy thanks for your contribution I went and had a look at some lets play videos and it looks like the game is coming along ok. Actually reminds me in some ways of the early DayZ with all the bugs. I'm guessing something will eventually come out. Really makes the salty tears that much more delicious!

RE Cutter yeah the guy's nuts but he is a free thinker which I much prefer to the dogmatic ideologues who seem to be the most prolific posters on blues these days.

Come-on lets go for 100 posts!

3. Re: Into the Black Jun 1, 2018, 00:34 TheVocalMinority

That performance was amazing - what is wrong with you people?  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
17. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 20, 2018, 02:27 TheVocalMinority

Simon Says wrote on May 19, 2018, 08:53:
TheVocalMinority wrote on May 19, 2018, 02:19:
RedEye9 wrote on May 18, 2018, 19:18:
But we all know it's really because Canada does not have any masculinity, amirite asmodai? Rolleyes

/rubbs belly

People are still murdered in Canada.

Yes... at a stageringly lower rate, per capita, in Canada to be equivalent to 1 year in the US, it would take 5 years of murders.

And for school shootings... When was the last in Canada? 2 years ago.

You had 16 since the start of 2018 which implicated people dying... Let's see how far back we have to go in Canada to have 16 deadly school shootings...

1884, I'm not kidding... Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#Canada

In 5 months you've had as many deadly school shootings as Canada since 1884. We've had 19 total since then, but 3 had no casualties.

I rest my case

Sorry I've had 0 school shootings my friend so you are very wrong LOL. You have also completely missed the point of what I was saying in response to Beamer, but since you mention it - there is no relationship between restrictions on firearm ownership and homicide rate internationally.

9. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 19, 2018, 02:19 TheVocalMinority

RedEye9 wrote on May 18, 2018, 19:18:
But we all know it's really because Canada does not have any masculinity, amirite asmodai? Rolleyes

/rubbs belly

People are still murdered in Canada.

8. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 19, 2018, 02:17 TheVocalMinority

As I've said in a previous thread the concept of gun violence is a nonsense, murders is the metric you want. Please keep up.  

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties
53. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 29, 2018, 02:33 TheVocalMinority

NKD wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 23:40:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 12:15:

Incorrect. 11,208 homicides. Classifying suicides as violence is a way to bump up the number so "gun violence" sounds scary, the same with accidental deaths. If I fall off a ladder and die is that "ladder violence?" If I overdose on sleeping pills to kill myself is that "drug violence?"

And it's not so we can play pew pew. It's so we can defend ourselves and our loved ones.

Why do people with guns in their homes commit suicide more often than people without? Why are people with guns in their homes more likely to die of gun violence? Doesn't sound like they do a very good job of protecting people on average.

Why do you keep asking questions to make a point? Have you actually read any research on this or are you just parroting talking points from anti-gun activists? You probably want to link to a (somewhat) legitimate primary source for you information if you want to be taken seriously.

43. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 28, 2018, 03:04 TheVocalMinority

NKD wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 02:21:
TheVocalMinority wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 01:22:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 21:07:
Gun violence in the US each year kills 35,000, wounds 75,000, and costs $229 BILLION. Just so you can go play pew-pew at the range. Fuck you.

Sorry classic misuse of statistics for political purposes.

As opposed to classic disregard of statistics for political purposes?

Adding a firearm to just about any setting or situation increases the likelihood of someone being injured or killed. It stands to reason that the increased likelihood means increased costs, both in money, and human lives.

So you concede that the originally linked article was bunk? For the assertion to be true every act of violence would have to be caused by a firearm (gun).

What statistics have been disregarded? You have only made an unsubstantiated assertion which is so broad as to certainly be wrong.

40. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 28, 2018, 01:22 TheVocalMinority

jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 21:07:
Gun violence in the US each year kills 35,000, wounds 75,000, and costs $229 BILLION. Just so you can go play pew-pew at the range. Fuck you.

Sorry classic misuse of statistics for political purposes. This analyses (or at least interpretation) assumes it is the gun that causes the violence which is absurd. You might claim that the use of a gun makes the violence more costly but that is not supported by information presented in the article.

244 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo