Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TheVocalMinority

Real Name TheVocalMinority   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TheVocalMinority
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 1, 2009, 04:01
Total Comments 211 (Novice)
User ID 54734

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
10. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 11:33 TheVocalMinority

El Pit wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 10:51:
TheVocalMinority wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 10:48:
I am highly disappointed in the comments section for this story thus far...

Well, I guess some people that have been around during the kickstarter have already died of old age, so you might want to excuse their absence from this talkback.

...aaaand the party has started

VM
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
3. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 10:48 TheVocalMinority

I am highly disappointed in the comments section for this story thus far...  
VM

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback
41. Re: Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 15, 2017, 03:26 TheVocalMinority

Yes because there never has been any stooge accounts unmasked on Blue news before Rolleyes2  
VM

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback
37. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 14, 2017, 01:40 TheVocalMinority

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 20:57:
Slick wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 20:33:
<who cares>

Let it go because right now it's just coming across as astro turfing, which annoys the holy fuck out of me.

Oh FFS it was obvious from the start that slick was an astro turfing account for EA (with the caveat that any sufficiently rabid fanboi is indistinguishable from a shill).

VM

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 30, 2017, 01:33 TheVocalMinority

What is a QVC and why do I care?  
VM

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Sep 14, 2017, 23:51 TheVocalMinority

Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 22:25:
If Valve doesn't give a shit about hate groups being on their platform, why does this guy think they give a shit about him canceling his account?

They don't give a shit about anything but money. If the hate groups buys games, Valve is perfectly okay with them. Sad story, but there you have it.

I think that one of the ideas behind this sort of consumer activism is that is does impact the bottom line. Obviously not when one person does it but if it is taken up as a cause by a large group of people then the impact can be considerable - hence the reason that this particular whiny bitch it telling people about their actions.

Anyway the comments on this topic has been interesting reading. I have discovered that Valve exceptionalism even beats angst about online hate speech.

VM

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 10, 2017, 00:48 TheVocalMinority

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 07:34:

That's the post in this thread that triggered you?

There is a very simple answer to this question, I'll leave it for you to have a think about LOL.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2017, 03:44.

VM

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
15. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 9, 2017, 00:43 TheVocalMinority

Redmask wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 22:43:
Maybe there's a problem and you're a terrible troll. At least be funny or original in some way, you're offensively boring.

You must be new here.

At least Beagle is a far more entertaining troll then fistingtime.

VM

News Comments > Morning Interviews
13. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 9, 2017, 00:33 TheVocalMinority

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 19:48:
Ugh, Star Citizen. Can't even bring myself to make disparaging remarks now, everything has been said ad nauseam.

Well don't let that stop you. Oh I see that it hasn't, good job.

VM

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 19, 2017, 02:21 TheVocalMinority

fishingtime wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 23:10:
a disgusting website that caters to children's desires then censors most political views. kids are growing up distorted thanks to these sites that value popularity over truth

Incompetent troll or social experiment? I can't quite tell.

VM

7. Re: Into the Black Aug 19, 2017, 02:19 TheVocalMinority

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 20:59:
Right? I wish common sense judges like that were more prevalent, across the country. Not that it would work for every case, but a HUGE chunk of them can and should be decided by one person in a half hour or less. At the very least, someone like Judge Judy could examine your case and decide if it even deserves to be filed at all. But then the blood-sucking lawyers would raise hell in the face of such efficiency.

For demonstrating extreme stupidity on the internet I sentence you to ONE NIGHT OF REHABILITATION!

VM

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 18, 2017, 07:57 TheVocalMinority

jdreyer wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 22:00:
He's got such a supple wrist.

And plays by sense of smell.

VM

News Comments > Out of the Blue
54. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2017, 08:13 TheVocalMinority

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 12:35:
Even in the Soviet Union, during the worst of its dark years under Stalin, they didn't dare dismiss the work and findings of scientists at home, and even across the globe.

It's probably a bit late in the day to head of this particular piece of anti-trump hysteria but it reminded me of this editorial in Nature:
http://www.nature.com/news/beware-the-anti-science-label-1.21956

VM

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 2, 2017, 01:34 TheVocalMinority

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 2, 2017, 00:41:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 23:01:
Sounds like the new attack vector will be the "white listed" programs, just attack ones that are common for most people to have installed like Adobe Reader.

We are heading into the eventual day when it won't be optional to install programs unless they're from the MS Store.

Not in the EU. If MS pulled this you can count the days till their next billion penalty.

So iPhones aren't sold in Europe?

VM

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
10. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 26, 2017, 11:14 TheVocalMinority

Good god I missed the Start Citizen threads, nothing brings out the frothing lunacy of the blues news commentators quite like them.  
VM

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 7, 2017, 10:35 TheVocalMinority

The printer thing has been know about for a long time. A few decades I think? Still the article did draw my attention to the "Russia hacked the elections" leak so mission accomplished I guess.  
VM

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
28. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 21, 2017, 00:55 TheVocalMinority

jdreyer wrote on May 20, 2017, 14:01:
Right now, laws are 98% correlated to what companies want, and only 50% (random chance) to what people want.

The link you gave does not appear to include the figures you are quoting, closest I could find is:
"A proposed policy change with low support among economically elite Americans (one-out-of-five in favour) is adopted only about 18% of the time," they write, "while a proposed change with high support (four-out-of-five in favour) is adopted about 45% of the time."

VM

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 03:04 TheVocalMinority

El Pit wrote on May 17, 2017, 01:39:
jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2017, 22:18:
I wonder if Trump has finally gone a bridge too far by asking Comey to quash the Russian investigation then firing him when he refused.

No, he can do whatever he wants. He is the president. The greatest president ever who has achieved soooo much in just a few months. He makes America great again just as he promised!

Wow. In 2008, we all thought it could not get any worse than GWBjr., but Trump easily is the new all-time low when it comes to White House residents. He is very likely a coke addict and definitely an egomaniac, a narcissist. Unfit for duty in every way. Just like for serving in Vietnam back in the day.

Are you deliberately trying to undermine what jdreyer wrote with that nonsense?

VM

2. Re: BLACK SABBATH "Iron Man" - 2 Girls 3 Harps (Harp Twins) HARP METAL Apr 22, 2017, 01:36 TheVocalMinority

My god that was awful  
VM

News Comments > Call of Duty Returning to its Roots
14. Re: Call of Duty Returning to its Roots Feb 12, 2017, 01:04 TheVocalMinority

Blackhawk wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 20:45:
Battlefield already did Vietnam, and it wasn't exactly their best selling title.

The Eve of Destruction 1942 mod was far superior to the standalone Vietnam game. Thanks to this discussion I have just discovered it is also now a stand alone game in it's own right:
http://www.eod-game.com/e-index.htm

Going to check out the demo what I get he chance.

VM

211 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo