Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TheVocalMinority

Real Name TheVocalMinority   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TheVocalMinority
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 1, 2009, 04:01
Total Comments 196 (Novice)
User ID 54734

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 7, 2017, 10:35 TheVocalMinority

The printer thing has been know about for a long time. A few decades I think? Still the article did draw my attention to the "Russia hacked the elections" leak so mission accomplished I guess.  
VM
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
28. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 21, 2017, 00:55 TheVocalMinority

jdreyer wrote on May 20, 2017, 14:01:
Right now, laws are 98% correlated to what companies want, and only 50% (random chance) to what people want.

The link you gave does not appear to include the figures you are quoting, closest I could find is:
"A proposed policy change with low support among economically elite Americans (one-out-of-five in favour) is adopted only about 18% of the time," they write, "while a proposed change with high support (four-out-of-five in favour) is adopted about 45% of the time."

VM

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 03:04 TheVocalMinority

El Pit wrote on May 17, 2017, 01:39:
jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2017, 22:18:
I wonder if Trump has finally gone a bridge too far by asking Comey to quash the Russian investigation then firing him when he refused.

No, he can do whatever he wants. He is the president. The greatest president ever who has achieved soooo much in just a few months. He makes America great again just as he promised!

Wow. In 2008, we all thought it could not get any worse than GWBjr., but Trump easily is the new all-time low when it comes to White House residents. He is very likely a coke addict and definitely an egomaniac, a narcissist. Unfit for duty in every way. Just like for serving in Vietnam back in the day.

Are you deliberately trying to undermine what jdreyer wrote with that nonsense?

VM

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: BLACK SABBATH "Iron Man" - 2 Girls 3 Harps (Harp Twins) HARP METAL Apr 22, 2017, 01:36 TheVocalMinority

My god that was awful  
VM

News Comments > Call of Duty Returning to its Roots
14. Re: Call of Duty Returning to its Roots Feb 12, 2017, 01:04 TheVocalMinority

Blackhawk wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 20:45:
Battlefield already did Vietnam, and it wasn't exactly their best selling title.

The Eve of Destruction 1942 mod was far superior to the standalone Vietnam game. Thanks to this discussion I have just discovered it is also now a stand alone game in it's own right:
http://www.eod-game.com/e-index.htm

Going to check out the demo what I get he chance.

VM

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2017, 07:00 TheVocalMinority

bigspender wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 19:50:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 11:12:
btw they are rebooting the Dune series again

It's official -- Legendary Pictures has signed the very talented Denis Villeneuve to direct the exciting new DUNE series film project.

Now that's actually a movie that needs rebooting. The first half of it is excellent, but then they ran out of money or time or both, because the 2nd half of the movie is really rushed. Perhaps it needed to be several movies or a even a series.

Yeah if only someone made a Dune TV series, that would be awesome...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142032/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

VM

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 26, 2017, 01:09 TheVocalMinority

You know I've just noticed the people who whine about Trump in the comments for every Trump story are pretty much the same ones who whine about Star Citizen in the comments for Star Citizen stories.

Therefore Chris Roberts is actually Donald Trump.

Q.E.D.

VM

News Comments > World War II Online Coming to Steam
10. Re: World War II Online Coming to Steam Jan 8, 2017, 00:11 TheVocalMinority

Tried it out it a few years back. Much better experience than others are talking about here you would spawn in at the front line not far from the action. Managed to help capture a very bombed out town.

Was really fun. The biggest annoyance was there was a bit of nerfing of the mouse controls so you couldn't do the old 180 degree headshot as the mouse movement would slow after a certain arc. The graphics were a little dated at the time and there was a bit of a sense of not knowing exactly what was going on and why but I think that would improve with experience.

I didn't end up subscribing although I enjoyed it as there was too many other things to play that were fun that I didn't have to sub for.

They have been spamming e-mail at me the last few weeks about all the recent improvements in the game. Won't be checking it out though unless they bring out a Linux client - don't think I have booted Windows on my home pc for the last 6 months.

VM

8. Re: Death Race 2050 - Red Band Trailer Jan 7, 2017, 23:58 TheVocalMinority

And all is forgiven  
VM

7. Re: 8-bit Bohemian Rhapsody Jan 7, 2017, 23:57 TheVocalMinority

Kill me...now  
VM

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2016, 19:58 TheVocalMinority

Dacron wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 17:01:

Wow. Must live a real interesting, busy life that he has to come back to a place where no one likes him and is constantly forced to leave against his wishes.

Why do you think nobody likes him? Although no quite up to the quality level of the Space Captain of old, the current iterations are IMHO solid contributors to the entertainment value of the Bluesnews comments section.

VM

20. Re: 2016 was a good year? Dec 17, 2016, 23:50 TheVocalMinority

Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 23:08:
what the fucking fuck??

Cram those 99 reasons up your fucking bunghole, medium.com, whatever the fuck you are.

It would seem you suffered an appropriate fate,
for those who insist on clicking on click-bate.

VM

News Comments > Dying Light Community Bounty
9. 3 buggy paint jobs Nov 26, 2016, 00:29 TheVocalMinority

So I'm thinking these are paint jobs that look like the weird textures you sometimes get when your video card is on the blink?  
VM

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Major Linux security hole gapes open Nov 16, 2016, 00:24 TheVocalMinority

Apparently a security bug that affects some Linux boxen if someone has physical access is bad because of the cloud. Am I missing something here or is the journal who wrote this piece an idiot/shill?  
VM

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
19. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 15, 2016, 00:53 TheVocalMinority

Awesome, if this trend continues my PGP keys may actually get some use. Thanks Trump!  
VM

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 3, 2016, 08:48 TheVocalMinority

LOL saw "Wetsuit Jerkface (2014)" and thought "Man that film sounds awesome. 2014! Why have I not heard of it?".

I now want to run a kickstarter to actually make the film Wetsuit Jerkface...

VM

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
25. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 10:47 TheVocalMinority

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 15:48:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 15:45:
This kind of shit won't encourage piracy at all. No siree.

Heaven forbid people living in poor repressed regimes have a little escapism.

Well this wouldn't be happening if the average gamer wasn't so fucking retarded, we have DRM out the wazoo because the vast majority of game buyers are dumb as a bag of hammers. MMO's were the beginning of the end of game ownership sadly, the dumb half of humanity that pumped money into them paved the way for the normalisation of server locked games. Ultima online, EQ paved the way for steam, which paved the way for further encroachment on our rights.

Like virtue, stupidity is it's own reward.

VM

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Sales Soar; Free Content Coming
5. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Sales Soar; Free Content Coming Oct 21, 2016, 21:33 TheVocalMinority

Linux version or GTFO.

Actually haven't finished the first one yet, didn't get around to installing it until recently.

VM

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 9, 2016, 00:19 TheVocalMinority

Cutter wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 19:02:
In Soviet Union cars log you!

This is probably the worst attempt at using the "In Soviet Russia" meme that I have ever seen.

VM

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 17, 2016, 02:21 TheVocalMinority

ForgedReality wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 20:22:
Tumblr, you're my hero. All kids should be banned from everywhere, especially the internet. Keep them in the kennels with the banned dogs. Dogs are annoying as fuck too. So thank you for doing your part to improve society and the world at large.

I don't agree with you on many things, but this, this I do

VM

196 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo