Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 007Bistromath

Real Name 007Bistromath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2009, 05:44
Total Comments 278 (Amateur)
User ID 54732

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
25. 007bistromath@gmail.com Apr 2, 2018, 19:18 007Bistromath

This is really bad news. We need something like Steam OS as a hedge against Windows getting any worse. If people aren't adopting it...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Brutalism Next Week
1. Re: Brutalism Next Week Mar 22, 2018, 02:04 007Bistromath

I watched the video and thought "okay... how do you play it?"

Then I read the rest of this article and learned nothing.

News Comments > Myst Series Coming to Windows 10
4. Re: Myst Series Coming to Windows 10 Mar 17, 2018, 19:13 007Bistromath

Well, this is kind of a pain in the ass. I own them all on steam, but haven't played them in God knows how long, so I didn't know they wouldn't work. Really don't want to have to buy them again if the nostalgia gets to me. :/

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2018, 11:27.

News Comments > Q.U.B.E. 2 Next Month
1. Re: Q.U.B.E. 2 Next Month Feb 12, 2018, 17:08 007Bistromath

I suppose it's at least possible that the story won't suck this time, since it wasn't shoved in as an afterthought to get another bite at the apple.

PS: qube director's cut is a war crime

News Comments > Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended
14. Re: Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended Feb 2, 2018, 11:49 007Bistromath

This is what happens when you tell game devs to think of the children.  

News Comments > InnerSpace Launched
9. Re: InnerSpace Launched Jan 18, 2018, 06:38 007Bistromath

I used to be a voracious reader, but the Internet has nearly destroyed my ability to engage with anything non-interactive. >_>

Point-and-clicks are among the best genre vis-a-vis retrogaming ease-of-use. You need DOSBox for alot of them, but there are tutorials that can get you set up with that in about five minutes.

With that said, Death Gate in particular can be a little tricky because it has (very good) voice acting that was originally on CD. If you don't get it installed right, it'll skip the intro sequence and some other animations, which makes the beginning of the game rather confusing. I've gotten it to work several times on different machines running different versions of Windows, but I do remember it being a bit frustrating. I'd say it's worth the effort, though.

News Comments > InnerSpace Launched
6. Re: InnerSpace Launched Jan 17, 2018, 02:04 007Bistromath

Nucas wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 00:47:
i'm going to break from the classic movie references and say the description and clips immediately made me think of the excellent old fantasy novel series, Death Gate, which took place in 4 sort of elemental inside-out worlds that people had to navigate with weird sky and water ships.

that irrational emotional connection will probably make me purchase this whenever i get my gaming pc working again.

Ever play this?

I never read the books, and I'm given to understand the game takes significant liberties, but it's still one of the best old-school point-and-clicks I've played.

News Comments > Q.U.B.E. 2 Trailer
6. Re: Q.U.B.E. 2 Trailer Jan 17, 2018, 01:03 007Bistromath

webber wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 18:27:
So is there a way to play the original version? Or are you always forced to play the Director's Cut now?
If you already own the original, the Director's Cut was given to you for free, but if I remember correctly, they're still two separate programs. The original can still be installed.

If you're buying it now, only the Director's Cut is available. Maybe you can strip out the offending audio files? If so, I recommend doing that. The canonical story really is offensively bad.

News Comments > Q.U.B.E. 2 Trailer
1. Re: Q.U.B.E. 2 Trailer Jan 16, 2018, 14:44 007Bistromath

There's one major problem with the original QUBE, and I'm really disappointed that they're apparently doubling down on it.

I played QUBE before the director's cut update and I LOVED it. The puzzles were interesting, and the presentation offered subtle hints of setting that got my imagination in gear. The silence set a lonely tone that created tension and mystery. My mind was blown when I saw the ending.

Then I played the director's cut. It adds a "story," told through a voice in your head, that is frankly the most trite, lame, lazy bullshit imaginable. It's got a bunch of pretentious and stale unreliable narrator stuff that turns out to be a complete red herring. You literally get a call from the President saying he's proud of you at the end. It feels like a huge joke, as though the developer wrote this hackish garbage to make fun of people who complained about the "lack" of story in the original.

But from what I can tell in this press release, they were serious, and expected us to take it seriously. I'm angry.

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Delayed
14. Re: Re: Psychonauts 2 Delayed Dec 25, 2017, 06:49 007Bistromath

Kxmode is wrong about crowdfunding, but he's probably right about this project. Schafer is infamously irresponsible, and when somebody isn't telling him "no," he tends to overpromise as much as Molyneux. Furthermore, Psychonauts 2 is from Schafer's own purpose-built platform, Fig, which has both regular crowdfunding and this screwed up scheme where people can buy stocks in the company under a morally bankrupt legal exemption that allows you to sell stocks to normal people instead of millionaires if you're a startup.

A key element of Fig is that its terms state it's allowed to cannibalize other projects in order to get one of them published. So, even if Psychonauts 2 is delivered eventually, it'll be doing evil to other developers who've signed onto the platform as Schafer builds his signature money pyre, to say nothing of the shareholders who have been fleeced.

I loved the man's old games, but he's kind of a dickbag. He needs somebody telling him what to do or he completely loses his mind.

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Delayed
5. Re: Psychonauts 2 Delayed Dec 22, 2017, 05:16 007Bistromath

What do you guys think they'll pick first when they reach the "gutting other Fig projects" phase of this shell game?  

News Comments > Sorry, James Released
1. Re: Sorry, James Released Nov 12, 2017, 15:05 007Bistromath

I'm a bit apprehensive of playing a text-based game that was obviously made by non-native English speakers. I don't mind Swedish (that seems to be where lots of devs come from lately) awkwardness in general, but for something like this it would severely impact the quality.  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Oct 23, 2017, 12:33 007Bistromath

I've seen Destructoid publish some dumb shit, but naked EA apologism is a new low unless I'm forgetting something.  

News Comments > First Emotion Processing Unit Launches
9. Re: First Emotion Processing Unit Launches Sep 11, 2017, 16:52 007Bistromath

So, this is a cult, right?  

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Jun 25, 2017, 16:24 007Bistromath

Finally. Hopefully we won't have to hear much more about this idiotic cult.  

News Comments > KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumors
13. Re: KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumor Apr 11, 2017, 13:55 007Bistromath

"Rumors of new KOTOR..."

[my face lights up]

"...reboot with co-op."

[I am swallowing vomit]

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer
9. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer Mar 26, 2017, 12:06 007Bistromath

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 04:20:
Definitely overpriced. Will wait for it to go on sale.
Gearbox will go out of business before the price drops on this, and their decision to not even offer a loyalty discount for a rerelease of a game it is currently impossible to play will be the last nail in the coffin.

News Comments > Genital Jousting Early Access
12. Re: Genital Jousting Early Access Nov 18, 2016, 02:18 007Bistromath

I liked this game better when it was called Noby Noby Boy.  

News Comments > Killing Room Next Month
2. Re: Killing Room Next Month Sep 10, 2016, 01:54 007Bistromath

....huh.

Hopefully, 100% of these art assets and sounds are placeholders.

Ideally, the gameplay would also be a placeholder.

278 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo