Descending
Limit Results:

1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: NY Games Bill
Jan 29, 2009, 13:55
Re: NY Games Bill Jan 29, 2009, 13:55
Jan 29, 2009, 13:55

As to the expanded fears listed in the bill, it's probably looking to capture future problems, not specifically implying that these problems exist in current games. On the other hand, listing them gives the impression that they do exist in current games, which doesn't hurt the fear factor.

As to censorship, with little exception, everyone is willing to censor to some degree: I want the bank to censor my bank information from the public, Most people approve of censoring adult material from kids, and so on. That's not a straw-man fallacy, it's reality. Crying "censorship" is simply not a good argument unless you really believe in no censorship at all. "useless" censorship, "misguided" censorship, "bound to backfire" censorship is more appropriate.

I honestly think these guys are doing what they think is right, and I honestly think it's also misguided, since these laws never pass. But I also think parents and hardcore video gamers are not taking responsibility for any moral censorship of their own. Arguing that people have different moral values is not a reason to throw all of them out.

But that's just my humble opinion.

Yehuda
1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older