Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9978 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 7, 2015, 11:55 eRe4s3r

Typical nonsense headline, even if "Gmail" migrated to Inbox, nothing tangible would change.. it'd be just another interface redesign Google is not gonna destroy its main income source besides search.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 7, 2015, 11:48 eRe4s3r

Who would have thought!!

Btw. Does that mean I am a hardcore gamer when I find the game has zero substance? Wohoooo!

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
2. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 6, 2015, 16:01 eRe4s3r

Very much so...  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
12. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2015, 23:36 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 22:37:
Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 19:05:

Really you don't think almost a 20 year prison sentence won't act a deterrent for most of these idiotic punks? It's a very serious, very dangerous thing. Even when people aren't injured or killed there's serious psychological trauma. There's damage to the property that has costs. Stigma from the neighbors. On and on it goes.

Mandatory minimums and even death sentences for drug dealers (death when they ordered hits, etc.) had no impact on crime rates. These people never think they'll get caught. Ditto with swatters.

Obviously some jail time is needed, but he'll get out at 30 a hardened criminal, not a functioning member of society.

If he swatted 100+ times he would never have been a functioning human being to begin with -> serious psychological disorder, lack of empathy or simpler.. a sociopath. World would be a better place without them.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 5, 2015, 23:26 eRe4s3r

think his point was that an article about a cheap phone doesn't talk about how it works as a phone

But then, if you read ars regularly, you know this is how they operate... hipster reviews, not real reviews ,p

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2015, 18:48 eRe4s3r

If only cable cutters were prosecuted the same way the world would be a better place  

News Comments > Shadow Complex Remastered for Free
21. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 5, 2015, 18:16 eRe4s3r

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 23:22:
I remember the good old days when you didn't need a launcher to or a game mananger, you simply ran the game.

After typing in the serial or solving the password riddle....

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2015, 18:10 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 12:10:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 10:41:
Would I run 4k 144hz (or VR) on this box?

Right, but that can be as soon as just 4 months away now. So yeah procs have been giving us 5 years, but right now we ware nearing a possible shift. Now for Cutter, he won't be getting VR so no problem there, but yeah I'm waiting for VR to drop to then see what the next gen Intel/Nvidia parts will be. Nvidia seems poised to have a nice leap around the time VR comes out. For comparisons sakes the i5 4570 would be what you compare the FX 8350 to.

The only thing that imo has raised a brow in processor's changes, is the crazy ass prices some of these motherboards are. LOL

Indeed, to be honest my Phenom II x6 and everything else in this rig was best investment ever 5 years ago and considering that, unless something breaks (beyond fans..) this might well go to year 6 and 7 that's extremely impressive considering I originally didn't even buy it for gaming. Just plopped a 670GTX in it and it worked for 99% of games since then...

It lasted me over 2 console generations after all With the prices for mobos nowadays I am also not keen on upgrading to Intel CPU's.. as you well know, Intel changes platforms like socks... Socket 1151 is just another step in a long string of barely 3 CPU iteration lasting platforms.. not exactly future proof.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2015, 10:41 eRe4s3r

Great White Shark wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 22:11:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 19:51:
Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 16:55:
And that's why you always wait for weekend sales. I was going to order a new CPU from Newegg yesterday so I went to my local Canada Computers to see if they'd price match it, they said no. Checked today before ordering and boom goes the dynmamite, 40 clams off! So I grabbed a AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.2 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ for $200 bones. So now that just leaves me needing a new vid card and them I'm all up to date on the PC front once more.

Don't listen to the naysayers, that CPU is gonna last you 5 to 10 years. Even if it's old as fuck. As long as you invest in 16GB RAM and a decent 4GB gpu all is fine.

Nah it's a giant piece of shit like everyone said. 2-3 years would be insanely optimistic, 5-10 is a joke. Getting a deal on a shitty CPU is getting ripped off.

Sorry, but ..no. I am still using a Phenom II x6 and that CPU is 5+ years old and still going strong. Single core performance is slower than intel CPUs of course, but aside from a few uses where it has effect (Skylines comes to mind, though 6 real cores add a lot of freedom there too) this CPU isn't gonna magically "not work" just because it's older than 2-3 years. Would I run 4k 144hz (or VR) on this box? Of course not. But for what I use it for it's the sweet spot, and that isn't changing as long as games are made for consoles with hardware from the last decade.

Doesn't mean I'd go AMD for my next upgrade, but my next upgrade is gonna be in 1 to 5 years. Depends on what breaks in my rig. If nothing breaks, then I will delay my upgrade until real affordable 8GB DX12 cards are out.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 19:51 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 16:55:
And that's why you always wait for weekend sales. I was going to order a new CPU from Newegg yesterday so I went to my local Canada Computers to see if they'd price match it, they said no. Checked today before ordering and boom goes the dynmamite, 40 clams off! So I grabbed a AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.2 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ for $200 bones. So now that just leaves me needing a new vid card and them I'm all up to date on the PC front once more.

Don't listen to the naysayers, that CPU is gonna last you 5 to 10 years. Even if it's old as fuck. As long as you invest in 16GB RAM and a decent 4GB gpu all is fine.

18. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 19:36 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 15:53:
I'm working on a new app called Launch Your Launchers. Basically it launches your other launchers. Keep all of your handy publisher launchers in one list! I'm going to make a killing, I can feel it

Already have that, is called steam.... "Add non-steam games" where you can add literally everything that has an exe file ;p Including battle.net, uPlay and.. that's it.

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Announced
15. Re: Psychonauts 2 Announced Dec 4, 2015, 19:33 eRe4s3r

at least they are asking for realistic sum this time around...  

13. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 14:12 eRe4s3r

peteham wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 10:37:
Proof of how lazy I've become perhaps, but when I noticed it would require me to install and register for the Epic launcher, I did a 180. I don't need YET another launcher for a game I've already played, even when it's free

Really enjoyed it when I played it on 360 a while back, though. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys the Metroidvania-genre.

+1

I've become too lazy to register at shit lately. Give me a download link or gtfo.. free is too expensive when you bother me with crap

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
21. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 20:43 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 18:19:
Retired wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 13:18:
Only had 1 texture issue, looked like I got sucked through a mountain with grapple, only lasted a second. No other issues.

Very fun game, mixture of JC1 and JC2. Yes, it is repetitive, not sure that ANY game is immune to that anymore. It is harder, lots of chaos, lots of side stuff, lots of collectible stuff, tons of weapons, tons of cars, tons of boats, tons of airplanes.

poo poo all ya want - fun game.

How's the driving compared to 2?

MUCH worse according to reviews. But then you are apparently again not driving around 99% of the time in this game... unless a mission forces you to

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Remake a Remake
4. Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake a Remake Dec 3, 2015, 17:24 eRe4s3r

deqer wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 12:56:
Well, at the moment, that twitter link shows a blank white page.

The reason is that the twitter link is wrong

https://twitter.com/OnlyOneT/status/672303796794613761

no link to twitter will work with a ^ in it.

9. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 13:42 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 12:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 10:35:
Likely issues caused by Denuvo ^^

I have no love for DRM or anything of its kind, but I kind of doubt it.

I know I was trying to be sarcastic.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
37. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 3, 2015, 11:05 eRe4s3r

You can't block windows 10 services via hosts file.. nor can you delay updates "a few months" only Enterprise version can the latter, and only Enterprise version can disable spying completely  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 3, 2015, 11:02 eRe4s3r

Is it wrong that I think the Zerg are the only proper species in the Star Craft 2 story? Based on the SP gameplay, it seems to me Zerg are at least in the higher echelons of their command structure HIGHLY individual, and while they accept the directives of their "queen" if none are given they act stand-alone. Meaning Zerg are closer to an networked AGI than a Hivemind.

Humans on the other hand, do not have swarm intelligence at all. You give 10 humans 1 piece of information and you get 10 different reactions out of it. Even if make information with the sole goal to defeat this mentality, you'll always have 1 or 2 who will go absolutely against your unintended spin, and at least 1 who will become aggressively opposed because oppression 1984 etc...

So.. the Internet is not a Hivemind, the Internet is a batshit insane Hive Queen that gives information but no directives.

Or simply put, we are not evolved to compute distributed information from various sources into 1 final all inclusive conclusion nor even define what would improve our "hive". Humans are EXCEPTIONALLY bad at that, see climate, terror, religion etc.

1. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 10:35 eRe4s3r

Likely issues caused by Denuvo ^^  

News Comments > Sunday Patches
20. Re: Sunday Patches Dec 3, 2015, 09:14 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 13:20:
I think the pressure of the trigger is probably something you'll get used to with time (although it is definitely a little loose for my tastes). Your finger will also learn to react and stop your press when the haptic goes off. The controller certainly seems to require more... accuracy or self control to use. You can't just wildy squeeze and press buttons as hard as you can.

It will definitely take a few months for the feature set to stabilize, then I hope they add some decent tutorial videos. The biggest problem right now with looking for help with this out in the wild is that most of it is quickly outdated by the weekly beta patches. Games that natively support the controller are considerably easier to work with too.

I wonder if I could sell a webinar teaching people how to use this thing... hmmm... ;greedy:

Hehe Btw, I still can't get steam overlay to work in Diablo 3... and launching with -launch forces me to retype my password (no problem, can just launch through b.net.. but it's annoying doing that via steam link obviously)

The latest steam updates improved my streaming performance and image quality immensely.

9978 Comments. 499 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo