Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11760 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Spaces make you richer Jun 16, 2017, 02:54 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 22:00:
I do not believe that has anything to do with a grasp of language and more to do with which IDEs and editors use space for default formatting. For instance, I use Sublime Text Editor for anything outside of VS2017. Space is the app’s default format type. People get used to formatting paradigms. If all they see is space, then they will become more accustomed to it, and less likely to switch to tabs when the option is available by default.

Pretty sure it has primarily to do with how coding is taught and that those who learn to use tabs now (because really, use tabs not spaces.. because tabs can be spaced however a reader wants, spaces can not) and these younger developers obviously don't earn as much, due to how wages are actually stagnating or falling nowadays.

TL;DR, Correlation ain't Causation

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pathfinder Adventures Released
2. Re: Pathfinder Adventures Released Jun 15, 2017, 22:29 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 21:49:
I really wish Paizo would just make an NWN style game for Pathfinder.

Would be nice if ANYONE made a NWN style game in a real engine nowadays, I am getting kinda sick of non inspired Infinity-engine clones in Unity-engine. I don't want AAA 3d graphics, but a game like NWN2 surely can't have been THAT expensive to make. And if you add good animation quality and story...

But no, apparently 2d unity engine games are all the rage.

Ps.: And yes, I am aware of Divinity Original Sin 2, I backed that ^^ But one game does not make a trend.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer
26. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 22:19 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 22:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 22:08:
El Pit wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 16:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 12:23:
MajorD wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 12:15:

@eRe4s3r: May have been a temporary glitch in the matrix for you at the time, as I just watched the embedded video.

Nope, definitely region locked ;( And I tried with various anti-region lock sites too.. nothing. In fact ALL Bethesda videos (literally, all of them from their youtube channel) don't work for me.

Life is hard behind the great censorship firewalls of countries like China, Russia, North Korea.

The region lock is sadly set by the video owner only, anyhow I changed my IP and now all beth videos work, except this one. So that's super strange.
even if you google it in case someone else posted it?

Yeh, that works But why would Beth region lock ONE of their E3 trailers... makes no sense. Anyhow, now I can watch it ^^

Now that I watched it I know why it's region locked in Germany ;p Nazi symbolism everywhere. I don't understand how I can be region locked when using a VPN though (I even tried a US server), google must have changed what identifier is read out. Or maybe it's because I am logged in?

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2017, 22:30.

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2017 Released
4. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2017 Released Jun 15, 2017, 22:17 eRe4s3r

For me I already fail to understand what there is to manage, as in I don't understand the sport at the core. And the cynic in me doesn't see this in a realistic manner unless there is a doping simulation...  

24. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 22:08 eRe4s3r

El Pit wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 16:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 12:23:

@eRe4s3r: May have been a temporary glitch in the matrix for you at the time, as I just watched the embedded video.

Nope, definitely region locked ;( And I tried with various anti-region lock sites too.. nothing. In fact ALL Bethesda videos (literally, all of them from their youtube channel) don't work for me.

Life is hard behind the great censorship firewalls of countries like China, Russia, North Korea.

The region lock is sadly set by the video owner only, anyhow I changed my IP and now all beth videos work, except this one. So that's super strange.

4. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 12:23 eRe4s3r

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 6
3. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 6 Jun 15, 2017, 12:03 eRe4s3r

Let's face it, all the big announcements will come during Gamescom in August. Not just because it's the flat out better (and bigger!) event, but because it's closer when these publishers are trying to build hype for a xmas releases.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2017, 12:23.

1. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 11:50 eRe4s3r

Video not available? Strange...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2017, 11:32 eRe4s3r

That moment, when the the best possible joke is made before anyone even commented.

Also, I read "We could soon be painting hour horses with solar paint" ... must be coffee deprivation

Ps.: Nobody had commented when I typed this comment and forgot to post it while trailing to the links in another tab.. lmao

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2017, 03:32 eRe4s3r

That fire gives me the fucking creeps, I regularly visit my friend who lives in a 32 story skyscraper, he's on the 31st floor. But.. the cladding ain't flammable, there is a part of the building (behind 2 emergency doors that look like they'd survive nuclear blasts) that's completely detached from the rest of the building with a fire elevator and a emergency stairwell.

To even contemplate such a building not having a fire alert system, that is literally beyond my imagination. That is insane. If that is true what the people who survived say then the owner of that building is a mass murderer.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Return to Olethros Launches
1. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Return to Olethros Launches Jun 15, 2017, 03:16 eRe4s3r

Dang, this game ended up on 49% on Steam, is that deserved?  

Console Gaming > Persona 5 or FFXV?
2. Re: Persona 5 or FFXV? Jun 15, 2017, 03:09 eRe4s3r

To be honest, matters more what you want out of your game. 1 Is a really fancy mystery, 1 is a basically a very fancy roadtrip, both are excellent, but both require you to be in a certain mood to really enjoy them.

Welcome to Bluesnews But do not ever base your buying decisions on forum comments. Would you enjoy a road-trip and exploration? Or would you enjoy mystery and suspense? if you swing towards Persona 5 then that's what you gotta get, but remember, both games are basically "over" when you are trough them. So maybe you can buy them used and get both for the price of 1 full price... ,p

News Comments > Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced
22. Re: Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced Jun 15, 2017, 02:19 eRe4s3r

Ye might wanna hold off on this update and DLC, it breaks tooltips... and without tooltips, nothing in this game magic wise is functional.

Actually, it breaks a lot more than that as I just discovered in a short play... not really enjoying these events either, just got one 2s before reaching my destination on the map and was teleported right back to where I started that 3day travel... great!

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2017, 03:11.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 14, 2017, 21:58 eRe4s3r

Well this is firewire all over again then.  

News Comments > Tropico 6 Announced
4. Re: Tropico 6 Announced Jun 14, 2017, 07:12 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 18:18:
My (8 year old) son and I still play Tropico 2 together. I never understood why people didn't care for that game, it's so much fun. We just can't get into the Kalypso era Tropico.

Same, I found the newer Tropico games tremendously boring... it seems with every update they dumbed it down more too, which is maybe unfair (maybe I was just getting used to everything too much) but still... Tropico 3/4/5/6 were the same games imo, just with bigger price and more DLC's... and this trailer LOOKS exactly like the one for Tropico 5... I can't even tell if that is game graphics or just their idea of graphics, but even the trailer looks really boring.

And I still think they deviated way too much from the Tropico 1/2 formula to even call this Tropico at this point... but hey.. if people buy it..

Also, it now a console game.. so yea..

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jun 14, 2017, 06:51 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 04:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 05:41:
Speaking of weird science ticks, I just started reading the Foundation series from Asimov (Psychohistory, and that) and instantly got curious whether that is a real science, and well... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uh-VQy24l8&t=56s

I feel that you are trying to precipitate a Seldon Crisis.

Well I didn't even need Psychohistory to know that putting Polystyrene on a 24 story skyscraper is maybe not such a great idea... Well, unless you wanted to build a 24-story torch in the middle of London, that is.

And that's the problem. This was predicted. Everyone knew about it (so it should have been impossible to occur) and yet, it happened.

So imo, I think Psychohistory is never gonna be a thing, because even if you predict a crisis, if you assume always the worst you might as well not bother with a prediction. My prediction: nobody is gonna go to jail for this. (that's the optimistic prediction, the pessimistic one is: Nobody responsible will go to jail for this.

News Comments > Steam Direct Begins
7. Re: Steam Direct Begins Jun 14, 2017, 03:36 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 02:16:
I'm trying to understand how Steam Direct is an improvement over Greenlight. As I understand it, you pay your $100 and your game is on Steam. That's it. So how does that keep all the crap off Steam vs. Greenlight which was heavily gamed?

There is more to it than that, specifically there are now trading card restrictions until you earned a fixed amount of money with the game... something which was used previously to scam the steam store and make literally around $5k per (asset flipped) game. And there were around ~200 of those.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 13, 2017, 23:03 eRe4s3r

And they want to curb TV show piracy? Hahahahahahhaaaaa

Maybe try offering a fucking proper option on -1- service for all shows, for us "foreigners" to watch your stuff?

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 13, 2017, 05:41 eRe4s3r

Speaking of weird science ticks, I just started reading the Foundation series from Asimov (Psychohistory, and that) and instantly got curious whether that is a real science, and well... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uh-VQy24l8&t=56s  

News Comments > Skull & Bones Announced
7. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 13, 2017, 02:53 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 00:01:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 23:54:
I totally agree. I also think it is outrageous when a game forces you to play it longer than 15 minutes to experience everything it has to offer.

/s

Oh, I know, right! How dare I expect the same out of game that everyone in their right mind would expect in a movie at the cinema! I mean, it's entertainment after all, you'd think they'd have similar standards. Wacko

=-Rigs-=

When people tell you it's the best and most visually and audio immersive and impressive medieval naval combat game we have to date, and you don't even GET to that part because you got bored in the tutorial (Which was shit in any AC game ever) then maybe the problem is you ;p What is not you, is when you crashed at that point, because I crashed there too, took me 3 tries and graphic options to low to get past it. Ran fine from then on... until it crashed again and I had to repeat this to get past the next particular cutscene.. pretty sure that was never fixed in a patch.

But you know, you kinda have to have a handle on the combat system if you want to board and capture ships where you are facing stiff opposition of hostile dudes who can easily defeat you if you muck about without a tight grip on the combat controls.

Black Flag is to me a great SP naval combat pirate game, and everything ELSE that it was sucked. So yeah.

Sadly THIS game here, is another Ubisoft PvP online mess, The Division with ships, basically.

11760 Comments. 588 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo