Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10046 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > New Free Sven Co-op Friday
5. Re: New Free Sven Co-op Friday Jan 20, 2016, 06:52 eRe4s3r

Action HL and the "original" beta of CS as well here Was a lot of fun when weapons actually persisted over rounds (in CS) so you hoarded the weapons of your dead enemies (And the stupid bots ,p) especially in cs_hangar in that control room. HL DM was also kinda fun in LAN + internet.. new stuff back then  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Free Sven Co-op Friday
3. Re: New Free Sven Co-op Friday Jan 20, 2016, 04:30 eRe4s3r

Playing through Sven coop was wacky as hell, and the most fun I had in LAN parties along with CnC generals, UT, Quake, Diablo 1 and of course, AvP ;p  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 20, 2016, 02:45 eRe4s3r

RPG has to do this kind of stuff imo... If you'd be having enemies die from 1 hit all the time then there would be no progression possible at all and where would be the point of that then?

What matters is if the combat has enough tactical depth and smart AI to be fun... and I kinda doubt the latter.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2016, 02:40 eRe4s3r

That Ted talk is a good laugh  

News Comments > Resident Evil 0 Released
4. Re: Resident Evil 0 Released Jan 19, 2016, 23:55 eRe4s3r

That.. is a really cringe worthy English DUB ,)  

PC Gaming > Deep Rising! A tribute to X-Com
3. Re: Deep Rising! A tribute to X-Com Jan 19, 2016, 23:22 eRe4s3r

Very nice work Enjoyed it

Only thing one could bring up against it is that it would have probably needed twice as many transition frames, some of the jumps are very hefty, but for the quality and work involved.. and believe me, I color manga as a hobby.. this is incredible detailed work.

News Comments > Cities Skylines Snowfall Announced
5. Re: Cities Skylines Snowfall Announced Jan 19, 2016, 16:27 eRe4s3r

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 15:57:
Winter is coming!

can't wait for April

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Multiplayer Trailer
4. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Multiplayer Trailer Jan 19, 2016, 14:41 eRe4s3r

Total Biscuit took a crack at it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRibkfPXM0

Verdict: Shit AI, 5 maps on release for Skirmish

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2016, 15:14.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 14:38 eRe4s3r

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 07:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 03:10:

The difference is nobody visiting those places you linked would (i hope) hack their hand off because they (teenager) thought they blasphemed, then take that hand and present it to their preacher and finally being praised for it by the parents (just happened in Pakistan, even in the news ~.~)

I mean, I agree not everything is rosy here in the western world, but at least nobody here thinks THAT is sane.

Cutter was imo just confusing things, education is fixing stupid. That's proven time and time again throughout history even (Ancient Rome). Education is not fixing crazy or insanity.

Thats pretty much my reasoning behind saying that there needs to be controls in place to try to prevent things like that. Censoring video's but yet allowing them to happen at all is a good start. It will take a long time to alter what is happening there, to begin to come to western idea's of free speech. Have to start somewhere and this would be it I think.

Well I doubt Pakistan could get any worse by doing this. But without fundamental reforms of their schooling system (which is where my stab at 400bc came from) nothing is gonna get better in Pakistan. And let's not even think about India.. i mean.. caste system including massive abuse and marriage restrictions .. in 2016

To me, these 2 countries are stuck in the dark ages. Yeah, they have technology but a mindset that doesn't fit into this time. I wonder if this is the same train of thought Ancient Romans followed when they talked about the Barbarians in Europe

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 03:10 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 01:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 23:22:
Of course you can fix stupid, look 600 years back and you see kings, guilds dominating trade with cutthroat tactics, witch burnings and a church that brought fear and death wherever it went. Western Europe fixed itself (sure, needed a few 1000 years for that..) but point is, a people can learn and grow to a proper society.. not fall back to barbarism like Pakistan (and many other post colonials nations) did.

That you can compare Pakistan to Europe around 400bc is sad enough

I'm not so sure. In the USA we have Pray Away the Gay, the Creationism Museum, the Flat Earth Society, and Moon Landing Hoaxers. So I'm not sure that we "fixed" stupid as much as postponed fixing it. Maybe given another 600 years we can change that.

The difference is nobody visiting those places you linked would (i hope) hack their hand off because they (teenager) thought they blasphemed, then take that hand and present it to their preacher and finally being praised for it by the parents (just happened in Pakistan, even in the news ~.~)

I mean, I agree not everything is rosy here in the western world, but at least nobody here thinks THAT is sane.

Cutter was imo just confusing things, education is fixing stupid. That's proven time and time again throughout history even (Ancient Rome). Education is not fixing crazy or insanity.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Multiplayer Trailer
2. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Multiplayer Trailer Jan 19, 2016, 02:53 eRe4s3r

All *I* can think about is what the dev smoked when he said "fantastic shadows" right when he had zoomed in because .. well check 2:00 and pause in the video ;p That isn't a shadow, that's a visual glitch with totally borked shadows.

Kinda like articulated wheeled vehicles though Even though that is a gimmick if nothing else.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 18, 2016, 23:22 eRe4s3r

Of course you can fix stupid, look 600 years back and you see kings, guilds dominating trade with cutthroat tactics, witch burnings and a church that brought fear and death wherever it went. Western Europe fixed itself (sure, needed a few 1000 years for that..) but point is, a people can learn and grow to a proper society.. not fall back to barbarism like Pakistan (and many other post colonials nations) did.

That you can compare Pakistan to Europe around 400bc is sad enough

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 18, 2016, 15:01 eRe4s3r

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 13:07:
You kind of have to control the population this way. Western people probably see it as a reduction of speech. It is.

But considering how the population reacts to even the slightest mention of something in even a slight way, people end up dying from it. Control on some level must be maintained because the population in question cannot control itself, so its up to government.

The videos they will block and control are not some stupid troll in his mom's kitchen complaining about government. This is control of video's that will incite mob mentality and destabilize everyday life.

Education fixes that, censorship does not (it just hides the problem)

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2016, 11:58 eRe4s3r

Yifes wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 10:21:
InBlack wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 10:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 17:53:
Dragon's Dogma ftw Best game by far on that list imo.

Beter than XCOM 2? Pretty high praise, considering XCOM 2 isn't even out yet. Im gonna have to check it out now.

A 4 year old console port better than a PC exclusive sequel to a beloved classic by a premier developer?

What has this board become? Am I browsing Gamespot? Where did all these filthy casuals come from?

The filthy casuals are playing Dragons Dogma on HARD and loving it Xcom 2 is just.. another XCOM

Where as DG has no equal on PC. It's a gem that nobody who likes dark souls or dragon age should miss.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2016, 01:57 eRe4s3r

I definitely "get it"  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 17, 2016, 20:07 eRe4s3r

SYSmark has been slammed for this by many people since 2011 It's an Intel Benchmark after all..  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
17. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 17, 2016, 17:54 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 15:04:
its just a matter of survival at this point

think about it... fucking Donald Trump is a presidential candidate...

really sit down and think about that

Not that it matters, since I have not much of a clue about US politics really, but I think Trump has a big mouth, zero substance. Politics are a show, you never show how you really are when you wanna get elected.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 17, 2016, 17:53 eRe4s3r

Dragon's Dogma ftw Best game by far on that list imo.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 17, 2016, 10:59 eRe4s3r

JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 00:39:

Both sides make good points about the blocksize limit, so you're right, it's going to be an interesting couple of months.

Actually the side that doesn't want to increase it is 5 (large = 90% of calculation power) chinese miners who can't handle that increased blocksize thanks to China's broken as fuck Internet.. meaning that the "Great Chinese Firewall" is the reason Bitcoin is dead.

And the reason why BitCoin XT is the future, Bitcoin vanilla is run into the ground by the devs that the original dev made admins without vetting them beforehand... huge mistake that.

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
46. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 22:07 eRe4s3r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 18:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 18:21:
Thing is I use it (Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB pilfered from a client who didn't want it ,P) on my media PC for months now and have zero problems too... maybe just dumb luck. And LTSB comes without all the spying crap.. couldn't be happier really. Free OS (although maybe not in the way MS intended...)
I guess the massive gap between competence levels cause these statements. What you say is completely wrong. LTSB is also spying a lot. Its just a little less effort to turn it off.

There is a vast difference between stuff you can disable (which is what ye obviously always have to do with Windows....) and stuff you have to uninstall the hard way (which is definitely not something you have to do with Enterprise LTSB, as it comes without all the windows applications that do in fact spy on you REGARDLESS of what you set in policies, specifically Windows Defender is the 1 thing you do in fact have to uninstall the hard way if you accidentally let it rummage through your stuff).

policies are something of a sore point with Windows 10 but it takes what, 60 seconds to delete all the tasks that you don't want... if you have a list ,) To me that is not a "little" less effort It's a lot effort saved by just getting a version that doesn't unpatch your policy edits and installs crapware "features" by default no matter what you set, with no way to stop it. LTSB is only version that allows you to prevent massive future changes to the OS that you might not want.

And btw, you can assume that I read MDL at length before going this route.

10046 Comments. 503 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo