Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9841 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: 2009-2015 does not make a year Nov 30, 2015, 10:41 eRe4s3r

I think it's even worse than that.. likely the problems were known since these cars were first designed.. and I REALLY doubt the other manufacturers are any different when it comes to diesel engines.

Ps.: Can't wait for the robotic formula E, these things can do moves that no human could.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2015, 10:54.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 30, 2015, 09:58 eRe4s3r

Yeah Skyrim is the pinnacle of modding so far. But my best mod experiences were in Fallout 3.. where some people really went full batshit insane on adding new details and locations. New loot, weapons, new crafting.. more enemy types etc. Was a whole new game and if you did alternate start, it was even fun to just play as a raider, raid settlements, steal everything etc.  

News Comments > AMD Crimson Drivers Issue
1. Re: AMD Crimson Drivers Issue Nov 30, 2015, 09:26 eRe4s3r

Well.. Nvidia pulled this once.. good to see AMD drivers are "improving"  

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 30, 2015, 08:45 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 08:27:
How can you LOVE the original ED and hate this new one? It's basically the same game, with updated graphics? (Which was exactly what was pitched, minus the offline play)

But I wanted ED just with better graphics.. offline and with some overarching story and dynamic universe, essentially a better more chaotic and dynamic Freelancer. I know, we don't always get what we want. For me the moment I see any other player I didn't want to see in a space game like (X³) or (Freelancer) it is an instant nope. Other player actions should never influence my SP playing. I want to get lost in these games, I want to mod the living shit out of these games. I modded EVERY SINGLE OF THESE GAMES and a SP game I can't mod makes me sad. Heck, I even modded Anno 2070 and that was a pain in the ass, but also fun ;p

You know that I only backed THAT game for the SP story thingy right? I only tried the PTU for giggles, and was.. partially surprised that it wasn't all that shit, actually. And it controlled great with mouse and KB... Basically I have now regained my hopes for the SP. Before I was worried they gonna fuck this up, let's just say, they only fucked it partially up so far. The shooting still feels floaty as hell, sure. But the feeling of exiting out of your ships airlock, into space, floating over to the space station and seeing it all dark and creepy, knowing there are enemies there, but not knowing where (they might just as well be AI ships waiting for you to jump in ,p).. if that is even HALF of what they offer in SP then THAT game is full of win (in SP)

Am I just too harsh on ED? Guess so.. the fact they reneged on that offline play promise pissed me off. It's not logical but hey, gotta carry that to the grave. my grudge with Braben the Betrayer. And 60$ for game + expansion if you don't own ED and 45$ for an expansion if you do.. well that's ballsy. ^^ With current currency exchange rates, downright suicidal in Europe ;p

Ps.: And no, this does not mean I am a fan of the space combat in the current PTU. It's passable, but not great, and still needs TONS of polish and tweaking. But the base is there and I see potential ;p

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2015, 08:53.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 30, 2015, 08:21 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 08:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 07:52:

The PTU which isn't even in proper Alpha yet has more gameplay, ships and features than the entirety of ED though... ^^

Really?? So in the PTU you can dock with different space stations, mine and refine asteroids, trade all sorts of commodities, engage in missions for different corporations and navies, hunt pirates, become a pirate, do astronomical surveys and establish trade routes and more??

Yeah Im gonna go ahead and call your comparison to that other game pure hyperbole, although another word comes to mind that would be more accurate.

You can not do anything but fly around in a ship in ED at least back when I tried it. (Menu actions while docked are not gameplay) in the PTU you can at least exit your ship, mount individual turrets, board enemy ships and capture them in first person combat, have fights inside stations, have randomized missions in a large sector. Dock at various stations (you don't even have to "dock" you can just park nearby or well hidden somewhere and float there) completely free form. And obviously you can't mine or refine, or explore an procedural universe, the worst most boring parts of ED right there.

Maybe before bashing THAT game you should actually try out the PTU ? I am not a huge fan of the direction THAT game is taking, and you know that well, but I tried the PTU and it offers for me vastly more FUN content than ED ever did. And even what little is already there is fun. (When it works)

But yeah, I am still sour over the whole KS bait and switch the ED devs pulled. Nothing THAT game pulls can make me nearly as sour. Because unlike the dude messing up ED right now, I LOVED the original ED.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 30, 2015, 07:52 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 02:39:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 00:56:
That the $15 version of Elite: Dangerous is now outdated and they're charging $60 for the soon to be released standalone expansion killed any enthusiasm I had for that discount real quick. They're calling it the new "season" of content updates, implying there's going to be a new $60 expansion next year, and so on...

Well that other space game project thingy, is selling .jpeg images of virtual space ships for thousands of dollars, and they are not even in the game yet. Compared to that this is a pretty sweet deal...

The PTU which isn't even in proper Alpha yet has more gameplay, ships and features than the entirety of ED though... ^^

And developers who make a game mandatory online "because fuck you fans of the original ED" can go fuck their selfies.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
4. Re: Sunday Patches Nov 30, 2015, 07:07 eRe4s3r

To be frank, controller is a edge case of usability... for one it's wayyyyyyyy too friggin heavy and bulky for me. No way to hold it comfortable for long time and again the reason I go for cabled controllers now all the time. This is the biggest largest flaw of it for me.

Works great though for Rocket League and simple games where you don't need full button range (and so can hold it "kinda" comfortable (Also GREAT for JRPG's) but for anything that uses more than 6 buttons it's a nightmare, the back buttons are way too easy to press, and the "top" triggers are IMPOSSIBLE to press without repositioning the hand. On the other hand, this new steam beta from Nov 27 (which Blues hasn't even posted about) broke steamlink inhome streaming completely by introducing huge lag. So I had to revert to stable branch of steam client. Which means no advanced trackpad config. (Which actually works great, it maps the track pad to area, meaning it works like a touchscreen) giving you great accuracy once you get used to the area mapping.

Point being, you can use a PS4 controller via steamlink and maybe you should.. but you need a paired steam controller to access the steam controller config page in the BWM which lets you easily map your controller to specific functionality on a PC.

Honestly speaking, proper controller, wheel, joystick, mouse and keyboard are not replaced by it.

My biggest cons about steam controller (used with Steam Link, not Steam Box) in TL;DR
Too heavy/bulky
The left D-PAD is abysmal, has WAY too much resistance to actual "pressing" and you can't press it without removing your finger from the back triggers and control stick as you need so much force that you have to put your thumb to full use
2 back battery covers are actually buttons, and they are as horrible to use as that sounds. Either I press them by accident, or I can't reach them when I want to.
The way your hand is built, when you point at a tiny button via trackpad (remember, using your thumb) and you use your fingers to press the middle triggers, you jerk the thumb up a tiny amount.. Meaning pressing tiny buttons via trackpad mouse functionality is horrible ;/
And the top triggers... are absurd. The soft pressure -> click middle triggers are ok.

Anyway, for the config option page you need a steam controller. That it also works with OTHER controllers is a huge plus. Only problem... it acts like a x360 controller at all times. So if you ain't got one you can end up doing some really magically confusing remapping voodoo....

News Comments > Free Hitman 2: Silent Assassin [Updated]
8. Everything is so bold ;) Nov 29, 2015, 18:22 eRe4s3r

looks like an escaped parameter  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2015, 06:49 eRe4s3r

All I can think about is this.. who the hell still uses TNT for demolition work? There is civilian semtex for this. And had they used it and properly drilled holes like you are supposed to, put in the charges as shaped charges and plug the exterior hole properly you'd have dismantled this with 4 charges. From the looks of it they only used 1 TNT charge..

Noobs obviously never played Red Faction Guerilla

News Comments > Black Friday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Black Friday Legal Briefs Nov 28, 2015, 06:33 eRe4s3r

In Germany we have a saying for this kind of (unenforceable) law.. "Illegal? Scheiß egal!"  

News Comments > Black Friday Safety Dance
2. Re: Black Friday Safety Dance Nov 28, 2015, 04:16 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 15:41:
Wow, that's just beyond creepy.

"Children confide in dolls and reveal intimate details about their lives, but Hello Barbie won't keep those secrets. When Barbie's belt buckle is held down, everything your child says is transmitted to cloud servers where it will be stored and analysed by ToyTalk, Mattel's technology partner. Employees of ToyTalk and their partner corporations listen to recordings of children's conversations, and ToyTalk won't even say who their partners are."

Oh hell no.

I think that's awesome.. now just add an AGI and we can add world domination by Barbie dolls to our "tech armageddon prophecies"

News Comments > Black Friday Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Black Friday Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 28, 2015, 03:41 eRe4s3r

I say go for it, but then be honest how the situation was for an African person pre 1950. And remember that for a long while before 1900 Africans were not even considered human beings by the colonial forces.

I will say though, if there'd be a proper game with African hero, well, why the hell not? More unique games is always better.

News Comments > Black Friday Tech Bits
7. Re: Black Friday Tech Bits Nov 28, 2015, 03:11 eRe4s3r

Linthat22 wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 17:29:
HoSpanky wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 16:27:
Maybe this will mean reasonably priced OLED screens within a few years.

No kidding!! I remember reading about and wanting OLED technology back in 1994/95. Bring it on I say!

They had to fix quite an annoying lifetime problem for certain colored OLEDS... and yeah, can't come soon enough. Affordable is the keyword though. Never gonna pay more than 300€ for a screen.

News Comments > Black Friday Tech Bits
1. Re: Black Friday Tech Bits Nov 27, 2015, 15:02 eRe4s3r

I hope this means we will get mass produced OLED screens in 16:10 format made for gaming at some point...  

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
2. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 14:53 eRe4s3r

The reason it's illegal, by the way, is that many countries have laws that forbid a price to be called a discount unless the actual price has been a thing for at least a month... clearly not the case for these games listed... love the defenders of this bullshit in the twitter feed by the way Some people really are sheeple  

News Comments > Thanksgiving Legal Briefs
2. Re: Thanksgiving Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2015, 16:51 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 16:10:
Thank the Young Offenders Act for that. These little terrorists can do whatever they want without fear of reprisal. This insanity has to end.

Quite literally even.. the dude was diagnosed borderline psychopathic with zero empathy and severe psychological disorder.. and they let him walk free with zero supervision? WTF? Does Canada not have a medical system that treats psychological illness?

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Inventory Security
5. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Inventory Security Nov 26, 2015, 12:02 eRe4s3r

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 03:42:
There are very few people out there without smartphones, so this is a sensible move. It's basically a push to get people using the SGMA, which will mitigate the risk of fraudulent trades. Generally it's easier to get access to someone's email account than it is their smartphone, especially nowadays with fingerprint scanners on phones.

I remember the frustration of my brother when he lost all his items in Diablo III because he wasn't using the Blizzard Authenticator. They eventually restored all his items but it was a major inconvenience.

There are PLENTY people who are not stupid enough to link accounts that have direct access to payment systems like paypal (Direct payment without an extra step) on a smart-phone...

I have not a single account on my smart-phone that can be used to access my money in any way, and I would hope many others do it identically. Smart phones are the lowest tier when it comes to device security, no proper security updates unless you root it.. shitty support by especially Samsung.. no thanks ;/

News Comments > Anno 2205 Expansions & Free DLC Plans
5. Re: Anno 2205 Expansions & Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 15:45 eRe4s3r

Brumbek wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 13:25:
I'm saddened to hear this, but thank you for the informative post! I adored Anno 1404 (and made the Unofficial Patch for it, fixing 10,000+ things), but ever since 1404 things have gone downhill.

So sad to see so many features removed, Coop, true AI opponents, scenarios, and so on. Still...I will play it eventually just to put in 30 hours and be done as you did. Looks like Anno 1404 is still the best game ever of the genre, and its still very playable today so oh well.

Hah so that is really you, I applaud your efforts for that awesome patch I think Anno 2070 with ARRC is pretty decent too.. (german) 1404 + IAAM and 2070 + ARRC are the only Anno games I have installed now ;/

And yeah, I am a huge Anno addict, so maybe you are lucky and you don't find the ways to break the economy quite as fast as I did.. they absolutely MUST patch the prices of wares. Currently there'd be absolutely no point, ever, to even build that Orbital station.. what the hell do I need research benefits for when I have 1m+ people and maxed out money no matter what I do... all it is, is another money sink because the economy is broken. The difficulty levels only even make it so that the Moon is a hard-barrier for profitably if you go there when the game tells you to (hint: don't do that) because Moon will never be profitable.

Also alt-tabbing is broken in this game (breaks trade icons in overview).... which sucks even more, because it isn't broken in Anno 1404 nor 2070 ;/

News Comments > Anno 2205 Expansions & Free DLC Plans
2. Re: Anno 2205 Expansions & Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 09:35 eRe4s3r

Personally I think this is the most lazy, dumbed down and boring of all the Anno games so far.. literally "finished it" in less than 30 hours of gameplay (which for a sim builder is NOTHING) and with finished I mean 1m people and corporate rank 103, 30 hours is the time I spent on ONE of the 3 star challenge maps in Anno 1404

Problems are as follows
- Combat missions, once you get past them being how they are, are 3 maps. Yes, 3 maps and that is it. Imagine playing 3 maps for 100 times in a SP builder game, with same enemies, same placement, even same power-ups. They become extremely boring (also totally irrelevant, as you can level your corporate rank up so fast you literally SWIM in 999 of all resources all the time.

- Economic challenge doesn't exist. Global market allows you to circumvent entire tier 3 and 4 goods production at lower costs and rake in 100k+ profit per minute.

- No challenge, broken economy, no fire, crime or plague... no hostile actions (even though there is supposedly a terror organization from the "Moon" (how it gets to Earth willy nilly is another joke in this "story") that is nowhere to be seen. The supposed attacks on climate control structures affects you zero. All you do is spam your entire island full of living buildings and produce all the necessary tier 1/2 wares on the smallest main islands. By doing this, I had +50k in the first hour on "Hard"

- End game doesn't exist. There are no super projects that REALLY take some effort with gradual construction and huge benefits post production. Most of the sector projects besides the first island you can complete in an hour, less if you have a proper main island. And none of them, aside from the water power project are worth anything.

- Lack of diversity in buildings. Let's face it, Corporate or hippy style in Anno 2070 + scientists and underwater islands were unique. In this you quickly learn that Moon and Arctic are essentially money sinks and nothing else.

Nothing they list in that expansion, which is part of Season Pass, fixes the underlaying problem of this game. That it is so god damn easy to "win" that there is no challenge whatsoever in anything. Tundra or Orbit doesn't actually ADD anything to the game in terms of challenge. If you have a main island established, there is nothing the game throws at you that isn't INSTANTLY fixable. Literally.

So bottom line. Instead of performance (which really is abysmal, by the way) maybe they should actually make this a game with a challenge?

The good? It was fun for those first 30-40 hours, but then.. blarghhhhhh once I realized how to insta-win on "Hard" difficulty I literally lost all my drive to even play this game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2015, 12:26 eRe4s3r

When I hear mutagenic chain reactions I think of Zergs... hopefully it doesn't create Zergs but kills of Malaria ;/  

9841 Comments. 493 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo