Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10033 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 26, 2016, 09:32 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 02:13:
So, they're opposed to a guy who played a key role in secretly suppressing the salaries of thousands of tech workers by hundreds of millions of dollars and went unpunished? Why should that matter?

Also, Arnnon Geshuri has the most punchable face since Martin Shkreli.

The real laugh is that despite this being totally illegal and HIS DOING, he was not punished for it. Imo, criminal leading personal like that has no place in a non-profit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 25, 2016, 14:38 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 10:51:
Baby Thrall vs Baby Shaun from Fallout 4: Who is the ugliest?

Baby Shaun, by far

PC Gaming > Deep Rising! A tribute to X-Com
6. Re: Deep Rising! A tribute to X-Com Jan 23, 2016, 10:41 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jan 23, 2016, 04:57:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 23:22:
and believe me, I color manga as a hobby..

Uh, links?

As for Deep Rising, very nice!

Don't feel like sharing my stuff yet, as you may not be aware, coloring manga is legal, distributing that then is not. (least here)

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2016, 00:02 eRe4s3r

Tor is not bout giving you privacy, it is giving you anonymity* (unless the NSA/GCHQ/FSB control the exit nodes) totally different things. And many people don't seem to understand this difference.

It's why TOR is not a good solution for journalists and leakers unless they also, on top of VPN + TOR, encrypt the data properly and exchange decrypt keys only physically (in person).

And that RSA story is a good joke. That's what you get when a supposed security outfit is really a security agencies lapdog.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2016, 12:47 eRe4s3r

When you see Deutsche Bank involved in something, you know it's illegal  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X DLC Skipping PC; Backlash Ensues
10. Re: Mortal Kombat X DLC Skipping PC; Backlash Ensues Jan 21, 2016, 14:21 eRe4s3r

WB games again As if the Batman disaster was not enough  

News Comments > New Free Sven Co-op Friday
9. Re: New Free Sven Co-op Friday Jan 20, 2016, 19:36 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 19:21:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 06:52:
Action HL and the "original" beta of CS as well here Was a lot of fun when weapons actually persisted over rounds (in CS) so you hoarded the weapons of your dead enemies (And the stupid bots ,p) especially in cs_hangar in that control room. HL DM was also kinda fun in LAN + internet.. new stuff back then

There weren't bots in the gun running era of CS. The first fan made / amateur bots were created after gun running had already been removed (in beta 4.0).

Indeed Forgot when either was a thing... it's one giant blur in my brainz.

5. Re: New Free Sven Co-op Friday Jan 20, 2016, 06:52 eRe4s3r

Action HL and the "original" beta of CS as well here Was a lot of fun when weapons actually persisted over rounds (in CS) so you hoarded the weapons of your dead enemies (And the stupid bots ,p) especially in cs_hangar in that control room. HL DM was also kinda fun in LAN + internet.. new stuff back then  

3. Re: New Free Sven Co-op Friday Jan 20, 2016, 04:30 eRe4s3r

Playing through Sven coop was wacky as hell, and the most fun I had in LAN parties along with CnC generals, UT, Quake, Diablo 1 and of course, AvP ;p  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 20, 2016, 02:45 eRe4s3r

RPG has to do this kind of stuff imo... If you'd be having enemies die from 1 hit all the time then there would be no progression possible at all and where would be the point of that then?

What matters is if the combat has enough tactical depth and smart AI to be fun... and I kinda doubt the latter.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2016, 02:40 eRe4s3r

That Ted talk is a good laugh  

News Comments > Resident Evil 0 Released
4. Re: Resident Evil 0 Released Jan 19, 2016, 23:55 eRe4s3r

That.. is a really cringe worthy English DUB ,)  

PC Gaming > Deep Rising! A tribute to X-Com
3. Re: Deep Rising! A tribute to X-Com Jan 19, 2016, 23:22 eRe4s3r

Very nice work Enjoyed it

Only thing one could bring up against it is that it would have probably needed twice as many transition frames, some of the jumps are very hefty, but for the quality and work involved.. and believe me, I color manga as a hobby.. this is incredible detailed work.

News Comments > Cities Skylines Snowfall Announced
5. Re: Cities Skylines Snowfall Announced Jan 19, 2016, 16:27 eRe4s3r

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 15:57:
Winter is coming!

can't wait for April

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Multiplayer Trailer
4. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Multiplayer Trailer Jan 19, 2016, 14:41 eRe4s3r

Total Biscuit took a crack at it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRibkfPXM0

Verdict: Shit AI, 5 maps on release for Skirmish

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2016, 15:14.

18. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 14:38 eRe4s3r

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 07:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 03:10:

The difference is nobody visiting those places you linked would (i hope) hack their hand off because they (teenager) thought they blasphemed, then take that hand and present it to their preacher and finally being praised for it by the parents (just happened in Pakistan, even in the news ~.~)

I mean, I agree not everything is rosy here in the western world, but at least nobody here thinks THAT is sane.

Cutter was imo just confusing things, education is fixing stupid. That's proven time and time again throughout history even (Ancient Rome). Education is not fixing crazy or insanity.

Thats pretty much my reasoning behind saying that there needs to be controls in place to try to prevent things like that. Censoring video's but yet allowing them to happen at all is a good start. It will take a long time to alter what is happening there, to begin to come to western idea's of free speech. Have to start somewhere and this would be it I think.

Well I doubt Pakistan could get any worse by doing this. But without fundamental reforms of their schooling system (which is where my stab at 400bc came from) nothing is gonna get better in Pakistan. And let's not even think about India.. i mean.. caste system including massive abuse and marriage restrictions .. in 2016

To me, these 2 countries are stuck in the dark ages. Yeah, they have technology but a mindset that doesn't fit into this time. I wonder if this is the same train of thought Ancient Romans followed when they talked about the Barbarians in Europe

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 03:10 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 01:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 23:22:
Of course you can fix stupid, look 600 years back and you see kings, guilds dominating trade with cutthroat tactics, witch burnings and a church that brought fear and death wherever it went. Western Europe fixed itself (sure, needed a few 1000 years for that..) but point is, a people can learn and grow to a proper society.. not fall back to barbarism like Pakistan (and many other post colonials nations) did.

That you can compare Pakistan to Europe around 400bc is sad enough

I'm not so sure. In the USA we have Pray Away the Gay, the Creationism Museum, the Flat Earth Society, and Moon Landing Hoaxers. So I'm not sure that we "fixed" stupid as much as postponed fixing it. Maybe given another 600 years we can change that.

The difference is nobody visiting those places you linked would (i hope) hack their hand off because they (teenager) thought they blasphemed, then take that hand and present it to their preacher and finally being praised for it by the parents (just happened in Pakistan, even in the news ~.~)

I mean, I agree not everything is rosy here in the western world, but at least nobody here thinks THAT is sane.

Cutter was imo just confusing things, education is fixing stupid. That's proven time and time again throughout history even (Ancient Rome). Education is not fixing crazy or insanity.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Multiplayer Trailer
2. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Multiplayer Trailer Jan 19, 2016, 02:53 eRe4s3r

All *I* can think about is what the dev smoked when he said "fantastic shadows" right when he had zoomed in because .. well check 2:00 and pause in the video ;p That isn't a shadow, that's a visual glitch with totally borked shadows.

Kinda like articulated wheeled vehicles though Even though that is a gimmick if nothing else.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 18, 2016, 23:22 eRe4s3r

Of course you can fix stupid, look 600 years back and you see kings, guilds dominating trade with cutthroat tactics, witch burnings and a church that brought fear and death wherever it went. Western Europe fixed itself (sure, needed a few 1000 years for that..) but point is, a people can learn and grow to a proper society.. not fall back to barbarism like Pakistan (and many other post colonials nations) did.

That you can compare Pakistan to Europe around 400bc is sad enough

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 18, 2016, 15:01 eRe4s3r

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 13:07:
You kind of have to control the population this way. Western people probably see it as a reduction of speech. It is.

But considering how the population reacts to even the slightest mention of something in even a slight way, people end up dying from it. Control on some level must be maintained because the population in question cannot control itself, so its up to government.

The videos they will block and control are not some stupid troll in his mom's kitchen complaining about government. This is control of video's that will incite mob mentality and destabilize everyday life.

Education fixes that, censorship does not (it just hides the problem)

10033 Comments. 502 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo