Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10931 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Adding New Maps
6. Re: Gears of War 4 Adding New Maps Oct 30, 2016, 01:27 eRe4s3r

Fantaz wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 14:18:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 13:43:
I don't give a shit about new maps when the game itself won't even fucking install! If you thought GFWL was bad then that's nothing in comparison to the aborted foetus that is the Windows Store. I spent days trying to get it to install - using WSReset, manually downloading the installer, deleting folders, etc - but with no luck. It's apparently a widespread problem.

Microsoft can fuck right off if it thinks it's going to get people to buy games through that monstrosity. Whoever designed it should have anthrax inserted into their face with a cheese grater.

i just got this game, redeemed key in GFWL and it installed for me fine?

Well apart from the funny tidbit that it ain't called GFWL anymore.. just "Windows Live" or "Xbox Live", if you have telemetry blockers (who really only block telemetry, nothing else) then the install will fail regardless.

MS shot themselves in the foot with their aggressive telemetry stance, as people push back it was bound to lead to more problems when applications based on their new Windows 10 exclusive API assumed these telemetry instances are there, and use them to track installs or act as DRM.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Terror clowns Oct 30, 2016, 01:12 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 00:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 21:19:
Let's talk about that instead.. (Glad your better half is OK blue ,p)

Can someone explain to me what insanity someone has to possess to dress himself up as a "creepy clown" and carry around a chainsaw, and I mean a real, running, chainsaw, or a hammer, a knife, a gun, any other weapons just to "scare" people? You know, to me those are not "creepy" idiots, to me those are criminals. And apparently the German gov agrees with me. So yay!

Do they not realize what this leads to though?

I've had talks with several parents who are quite worried because of this, and debate whether a few sweets are worth to open their children up for such an attack. There's already been 1 idiot here in my town a bit out of Berlin that did this, police came and that's all I heard of that. But seriously, am I supposed to sit with phone and CS gas at my door at Halloween?

Fucking retards doing this and causing fear where there should be fun for children! Just another proof that humanity is fucked. We may be OK for the most part, but there will always be a few total retards fucking everything up. So fuck these terror clowns, and the people who think this is fun.

Oh come on. One of the funniest things ever that happened to us when we were trick or treating is one of the older guys in the neighborhood dressed up as Jason and was chasing everyone around with a chainsaw - without the teeth obviously. It was scary as hell for all of 3 seconds and when we realized it was a trick we peed our pants laughing. Way to be a killjoy. Just plant a "Get off my lawn!" sign out front of your house why don't you?

That's cute with no chainsaw teeth, but if you tried this with real weapons and real physical threats nowadays, would you think people would think "nice trick" or would they think "terror attack" because that is the world we live in nowadays.

Also Halloween is for children, not for adults dressing up as creepy clowns harassing everyone on the street at night. People are already on edge enough here, and one idiot who tried this to his friend (with a real weapon) even got stabbed (with a real knife).

So I would think not even the youth of today would take that shit. Not to mention that seriously everyone is armed with at least CS gas due to the refugee thing, which you might have heard about. Can you even imagine what would happen if such a "clown" would walk on a xmas market and threaten visitors? We'd be talking about dead clowns then, which is the only good state a clown can be in, but don't mind me... I hate clowns. I truly detest clowns. ^^ If someone did this with a Jason mask I'd also know they are true movie geeks and would kudos them.. but that is just me I think....

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 29, 2016, 22:45 eRe4s3r

Yeah I don't think reverting to your bodies natural micro biology is gonna be much fun for anyone around you, except you, smell wise.. you can't smell yourself most of the time, and that is what you fall prey to here. It is probably healthier for the skin, but natural soap (as in, the real deal, without crap added) is not damaging to your skin and neither is shampoo for hair or showering. If you are really worried about that, you could try beer or coffee based shampoos with no additives (no aluminum etc.)

Either way, back to nature is a good idea, if you live as hermit in some mountain valley and don't bother anyone around you... though how you smell is ultimately your own decision and responsibility.

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming
25. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 29, 2016, 21:32 eRe4s3r

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 13:46:
Meanwhile Steam has had this feature for over a decade and has a functional download client, unlike the Windows Store. It doesn't even have a download limiter. Whoever designed it should have their genitals shoved in a blender... not even joking.

Microsoft is like that odd person where everything they do turns the progress back a step.

But reality is that developers will have to think long and hard whether they REALLY wanna support Windows 10 exclusively, there'll be enough "old ones" with 7 or 8 that will not, exploding PC aside, ever change.

18. Terror clowns Oct 29, 2016, 21:19 eRe4s3r

Let's talk about that instead.. (Glad your better half is OK blue ,p)

Can someone explain to me what insanity someone has to possess to dress himself up as a "creepy clown" and carry around a chainsaw, and I mean a real, running, chainsaw, or a hammer, a knife, a gun, any other weapons just to "scare" people? You know, to me those are not "creepy" idiots, to me those are criminals. And apparently the German gov agrees with me. So yay!

Do they not realize what this leads to though?

I've had talks with several parents who are quite worried because of this, and debate whether a few sweets are worth to open their children up for such an attack. There's already been 1 idiot here in my town a bit out of Berlin that did this, police came and that's all I heard of that. But seriously, am I supposed to sit with phone and CS gas at my door at Halloween?

Fucking retards doing this and causing fear where there should be fun for children! Just another proof that humanity is fucked. We may be OK for the most part, but there will always be a few total retards fucking everything up. So fuck these terror clowns, and the people who think this is fun.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
22. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 28, 2016, 20:21 eRe4s3r

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 28, 2016, 14:20:
Nullity wrote on Oct 28, 2016, 14:16:
snip

True, although Linux isn't without it's drawbacks. I mean ffs, getting a printer working with Linux is frequently an exercise in despair. For software development, Linux is superb, but when it comes to say, using peripherals or running commercial software like Photoshop, you're often in for an extra hour or two of fucking around. FWIW, I used Ubuntu on my dev system prior to getting my Mac a few years ago.

Cups and SANE are the 2 fundamental issues with Linux. Since most printers are network printers nowadays, SANE can act as a rudimentary scanner, but it looks like shit when printed. This is because modern scanners correct the digital image to match how it looks in reality on paper including the color profile needed as meta-data which CUPS can not handle, "SANE" does not and quite literally can not do that.

For scanning work, you are basically forced to run Windows
It gets much wackier when you have a digital fax device that sends faxes through an VoIP conversion. Wouldn't even know how you do that in Linux.

And abandon all hope if that is a combo device with network and WIFI features. ^^

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Released - No Season Pass
21. Re: Titanfall 2 Released - No Season Pass Oct 28, 2016, 19:32 eRe4s3r

rawbelly wrote on Oct 28, 2016, 19:03:
In all fairness the newer COD is Titanfall without robots. TF had wall running first I believe.

FWIW, there are more peeps viewing TF on Twitch than BF right now. Just sayin. Can't be that despised.

Angry Joe looks pretty miserable playing it.. on day 2.. and also, did they actually recycle maps?

11. Re: Samsung’s mobile division profits collapse by 96% year-over-year. Noteworthy. Oct 28, 2016, 17:22 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 28, 2016, 14:03:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 18:28:
PHJF wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 12:40:
It's noteworthy because Samsung Mobile is still profitable in the face of such a massive stumble.

Except the whole Samsung brand is massively damaged And if the S8 even so much as lights 1 single fire you can expect a massive downturn for Samsung...

Which is really sad.. I always thought they made great tablets ,p

I don't think it's damaged. Anecdotally, people stick with the phones they stick with by now. Every single Galaxy owner I know shrugs this off. Every one. Even on messageboards, you see almost exclusively people either downplaying this or not simply not caring, if they already own Samsung phones.

The people I see talking about it are LG, HTC, Sony and Apple phone owners.

Probably you are right. Samsung is a big company after all.. which makes it even more amazing they fucked it up so badly. And if you read the behind the scenes info then they knew of this issue and thought it was caused by faulty batteries, not by faulty phone hardware. Heck they still do not know what really caused the (random?) fires.

When I think about it, that is REALLY scary coming from a company who puts li-ion explosives in basically everything. You'd think they know how li-ion batteries behave, and what not to do.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend
9. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend Oct 28, 2016, 06:06 eRe4s3r

"new-player-friendly"

Eh, yeah.. no.

My last free weekend was the most miserable laggy broken crapfest I ever played... so I thank for the offer but no thanks, my weekend is worth more than free NS2.. far more ^^

32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2016, 20:19 eRe4s3r

bigspender wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 20:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 20:05:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 18:06:
JayDeath wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 18:04:
How can one live without their liver? Am I missing something?
When a patient receives a liver transplant, his or her entire liver is removed. It is then replaced by a portion of the donor's healthy liver.

So they both have to take immune response blockers for the rest of their lives?

Just the recipient I believe. The liver is an organ that will grow back for the donor. It's nice ability for it, since we only have one liver

But imagine marrying the recipient. You could totally pull the "Hey I gave you my liver" thing when it was your turn to do the chores lol.

Hehe yeah, that is some really ballsy donation then though If someone did that for me I'd respect them more than anyone else on the planet. Is a nice story ^^

31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2016, 20:16 eRe4s3r

bigspender wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 20:05:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 18:04:
No thanks, I'm sticking with burgers, steaks, chicken, tuna, endangered whooping crane omelets, and I would like the absolute last Chilean Sea Bass deep fried, not broiled.

Well then you're eating the goose that laid the golden egg.

If you click the link in my OP you'll see that you will still eat burgers and omelets, chicken. The difference is that they're made from plants ;-)

The other difference is that eating too much corn based stuff is also unhealthy.. just face it, you need to strike a balance, and there is no balance if you eat zero meat. You may survive that, but is that still living?

29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2016, 20:05 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 18:06:
JayDeath wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 18:04:
How can one live without their liver? Am I missing something?
When a patient receives a liver transplant, his or her entire liver is removed. It is then replaced by a portion of the donor's healthy liver.

So they both have to take immune response blockers for the rest of their lives?

5. Re: Samsung’s mobile division profits collapse by 96% year-over-year. Noteworthy. Oct 27, 2016, 18:28 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 12:40:
It's noteworthy because Samsung Mobile is still profitable in the face of such a massive stumble.

Except the whole Samsung brand is massively damaged And if the S8 even so much as lights 1 single fire you can expect a massive downturn for Samsung...

Which is really sad.. I always thought they made great tablets ,p

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 27, 2016, 17:20 eRe4s3r

End of vol 2 is a great find, it explains why FPS suddenly tanks and ping goes up after the blimp goes down in some situations.. very weird issue at that!  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 27, 2016, 02:44 eRe4s3r

The Withering sounds like all the other.. heck, nearly 6 dozen clones already in early access.... Also.. yes, zombies. Kinda ballsy to try a KS with that

That other KS can't be real, can it? Who are the idiots giving money to this absurdity? And WHY?

Ps... Who even says "Buckaroo" nowadays.. and WHY?

Also..

"Our salacious scenes are literary in nature and read aloud by talented performers, intended to pound the most sexual of your organs...Your imagination."

So what people are backing there is a narrated visual novel with video (and real people) instead of still-art... when you think about it that is certainly not something seen in gaming for a long while.. ;p (Meaning I saw something like that back in the dos / CD days) Been so long I even forgot the term for it.. "FMV game" ,)

I think that weird bunker FMV game was the last one I played, and actually enjoyed heh

Basically, if you step through the weird KS page it's basically a KS for a weird kind of FMV game... ;p And if you can see beyond the persons involved, then it's actually a curiosity.. because it'll be free (once it is done) apparently..

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2016, 02:53.

News Comments > Clockwork Empires Released
1. Re: Clockwork Empires Released Oct 27, 2016, 02:18 eRe4s3r

Steam reviews say this was pushed through EA with most of the promised features missing.. and is now an essentially empty husk of what was actually promised...

Anyone played this and can confirm or correct?

News Comments > Turtle Rock Evolves Past Evolve
12. Re: Turtle Rock Evolves Past Evolve Oct 26, 2016, 13:53 eRe4s3r

loomy wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 11:20:
I'm sorry to hear this because I like asymmetrical games

But how many MP games of this type do you actually play?

News Comments > Turtle Rock Evolves Past Evolve
3. Re: Turtle Rock Evolves Past Evolve Oct 26, 2016, 01:05 eRe4s3r

Sadly as much as the world was well designed, as little thought was put into actually fleshing the game out

As it was, they created a game that nobody wanted to play longer than a week because running after a hiding monster until it is strong enough to kill you is about as much fun as it sounds.

And with that I mean it isn't fun whatsoever. The only thing that kept people there for a week was the grind..

In the f2p release they actually (imo) made the game worse by toning down the chase/hunt times, giving hunters a beacon that always points towards the monster and thus making every game play out the same.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
9. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Oct 25, 2016, 20:42 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Oct 25, 2016, 18:37:
Tried to give Dishonored 1 another shot because I wanna get excited for Dishonored 2... But fuck is that game boring if you chose the ghost/stealthy/non-lethal approach. My. Fucking. God.

Why you playing that way then? My last playthrough just a few days ago was 100% lethal (never did that, actually) and without restrictions... was a blast. The ending is also completely different, has a different tone and dialog changes... I found that pretty interesting and fun.

Also I got the remote possession ability asap and blinked my way around as a god of mind control

Imo you should not couple a ghost playthrough with non-lethal.. that's pretty masochistic

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Oct 24, 2016, 23:02 eRe4s3r

EA / Dice must have drunk from the retard fountain...

So let's see here..
# no proper instant anti-cheat
# Account on Origin Access grants access to BF1 MP for 4$
# Cheaters get only banned after multiple rounds, cheat once, play normal a few hours, cheat again -> no ban for up to 3 days
# If cheaters get ban, new account costs 4$, there is no hardware or deeper payment provider ban.
every 3 days 4$ ... 10*4 = $40 meaning it is cheaper to cheat in this for a whole month, even getting caught! Than to actually buy the fucking game.

Holy fuck... EA
EA as it lives and breaths

Or put differently.

THANK YOU EA

You just made a business model that is better for cheaters than for regular consumers!

10931 Comments. 547 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo