Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9845 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
21. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 20:43 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 18:19:
Retired wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 13:18:
Only had 1 texture issue, looked like I got sucked through a mountain with grapple, only lasted a second. No other issues.

Very fun game, mixture of JC1 and JC2. Yes, it is repetitive, not sure that ANY game is immune to that anymore. It is harder, lots of chaos, lots of side stuff, lots of collectible stuff, tons of weapons, tons of cars, tons of boats, tons of airplanes.

poo poo all ya want - fun game.

How's the driving compared to 2?

MUCH worse according to reviews. But then you are apparently again not driving around 99% of the time in this game... unless a mission forces you to

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Remake a Remake
4. Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake a Remake Dec 3, 2015, 17:24 eRe4s3r

deqer wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 12:56:
Well, at the moment, that twitter link shows a blank white page.

The reason is that the twitter link is wrong

https://twitter.com/OnlyOneT/status/672303796794613761

no link to twitter will work with a ^ in it.

9. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 13:42 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 12:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 10:35:
Likely issues caused by Denuvo ^^

I have no love for DRM or anything of its kind, but I kind of doubt it.

I know I was trying to be sarcastic.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
37. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 3, 2015, 11:05 eRe4s3r

You can't block windows 10 services via hosts file.. nor can you delay updates "a few months" only Enterprise version can the latter, and only Enterprise version can disable spying completely  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 3, 2015, 11:02 eRe4s3r

Is it wrong that I think the Zerg are the only proper species in the Star Craft 2 story? Based on the SP gameplay, it seems to me Zerg are at least in the higher echelons of their command structure HIGHLY individual, and while they accept the directives of their "queen" if none are given they act stand-alone. Meaning Zerg are closer to an networked AGI than a Hivemind.

Humans on the other hand, do not have swarm intelligence at all. You give 10 humans 1 piece of information and you get 10 different reactions out of it. Even if make information with the sole goal to defeat this mentality, you'll always have 1 or 2 who will go absolutely against your unintended spin, and at least 1 who will become aggressively opposed because oppression 1984 etc...

So.. the Internet is not a Hivemind, the Internet is a batshit insane Hive Queen that gives information but no directives.

Or simply put, we are not evolved to compute distributed information from various sources into 1 final all inclusive conclusion nor even define what would improve our "hive". Humans are EXCEPTIONALLY bad at that, see climate, terror, religion etc.

1. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 10:35 eRe4s3r

Likely issues caused by Denuvo ^^  

News Comments > Sunday Patches
20. Re: Sunday Patches Dec 3, 2015, 09:14 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 13:20:
I think the pressure of the trigger is probably something you'll get used to with time (although it is definitely a little loose for my tastes). Your finger will also learn to react and stop your press when the haptic goes off. The controller certainly seems to require more... accuracy or self control to use. You can't just wildy squeeze and press buttons as hard as you can.

It will definitely take a few months for the feature set to stabilize, then I hope they add some decent tutorial videos. The biggest problem right now with looking for help with this out in the wild is that most of it is quickly outdated by the weekly beta patches. Games that natively support the controller are considerably easier to work with too.

I wonder if I could sell a webinar teaching people how to use this thing... hmmm... ;greedy:

Hehe Btw, I still can't get steam overlay to work in Diablo 3... and launching with -launch forces me to retype my password (no problem, can just launch through b.net.. but it's annoying doing that via steam link obviously)

The latest steam updates improved my streaming performance and image quality immensely.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 3, 2015, 07:34 eRe4s3r

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 20:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 19:27:
What about xray specs to find admins who blockade entire branches of topics against edits going against their own agenda...

Which topics are those?

All political ones ,)

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 2, 2015, 19:27 eRe4s3r

What about xray specs to find admins who blockade entire branches of topics against edits going against their own agenda...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 2, 2015, 14:50 eRe4s3r

If it were easy it would probably not be news ,)  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: R6 bullshit Dec 2, 2015, 08:26 eRe4s3r

15 second timer? You mean in SP you only have 15s to prepare?  

18. Re: Sunday Patches Dec 1, 2015, 13:05 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 10:12:
You should be able to have separate dampening settings for the gyro and touch pads. IIRC that is configured on the touchpad/gyro advanced pages, not on the triggers. There is a slider right below it to control the level of dampening (and by default its pretty significant, you must have turned it down).

I haven't had a need for the dampening outside of FPS play, with the trackball mode on the mouse cursor doesn't really fly around too much. I suppose I have my sensitivity pretty low because I don't mind flicking to move it across the screen.

You also don't need to have LMB/RMB as full pull actions if you are pulling them so hard that you are throwing off your cursor aim You could set them as soft pull actions, move the trigger point farther in and turn haptic up (then you can use the full pulls for modeshifting or a different button). I remap LMB/RMB to LT/RT too... right trigger to left click and/or fire? My brain says no! LMB being on the left trigger may be stopping me from noticing the need for dampening in windows.

Thing with soft-pull is that you only get haptic feedback once you reach it, which isn't heavy enough to stop my squeezing (I guess this really needs force feedback on the triggers or at the very least some kind of physical dampening via spring the more you press the button ,p)

Ah.. you were right.. it has 2 dampening sliders beneath mouse track pad and gyro mouse advanced settings.. god is this confusing. Actually brought the controller up to my PC and configured stuff there... it's INCREDIBLY annoying to do this in front of the TV.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for your patience.. your hints and ideas made me explore the controller more But really.. this stuff should be part of the first use experience.. and properly guide you through the settings... ARGH

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
5. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 12:56 eRe4s3r

Theo wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 12:28:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 12:22:
Is that water trailer supposed to be a joke? I've seen better water in World of Warships, heck even in GTA 4 and 5... and it didn't need fancy nvidia tech.

only none of those simulate displacement... or any of the physical stuff that this water is actually doing. (not that this is a big deal but its pretty neat in concept).

They do simulate displacement, but look very closely at the nvidia waveworks demo. The ship is NOT generating displacement waves bow or aft. Water doesn't just roll along a ships side, a ship going forward constantly displaces water in a bow and aft waves. To the point where smaller ships can actually capsize just from displacement waves.

World of Warships does not simulate displacement, but it does fake (very realistic but not actually physically there) displacement waves bow and aft.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
2. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 12:22 eRe4s3r

Is that water trailer supposed to be a joke? I've seen better water in World of Warships, heck even in GTA 4 and 5... and it didn't need fancy nvidia tech.  

16. Re: Sunday Patches Dec 1, 2015, 09:05 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 08:56:
It looks like in one of the patches in the last week or so they changed "Radial menu" to "touch menu" and added some extra layout options to it. Sorry about that :p

Once you quit a game you are bound by your "desktop controls" that you set in the settings in steam big picture mode. You might have to add the gyro mouse control there.

Yeah, but in touch menu it only shows me what an "area" is when I am actually pressing that segment of the touch.. area then it shows me my description for that button.. but not WHAT button I am actually pressing.. ;/

I bound the gyro to desktop controller, but it seems I had to restart Steam for that to take effect ... weird

Having gyro and dampening on.. makes desktop use nearly acceptable.. NEARLY.. dampening isn't dampening enough and I wish I could set it to only damp gyro, not touchpad...

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2015, 09:22.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: A Car Dealers Wonít Sell: Itís Electric Dec 1, 2015, 08:43 eRe4s3r

gray wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 08:06:
InBlack wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 08:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 07:29:
Well.. they could make these cars actually affordable... and invent a battery that can last for 30 years.. and not just 5 ?

They are working on that. The upcoming Tesla 3 model, will cost half as much as the Tesla S. Musk has stated that his goal is to ultimately make electric cars as affordable and efficient as possible. As far as battery retention/price/power is concerned, Tesla is in the process of building the biggest battery factory in the world. Tesla also guarantees free recharges at all of its recharge stations. Musk is a smart guy, and unlike most entrepreneurs today, he seems to care a lot about things other than profit.

Also you don't need to care about replacements when you pay $50 a month and hail/schedule an automated car via mobile app.

Remember I live in Germany, automated cars aren't even allowed here and charging stations are few and far between. not surprising considering our electricity prices...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
18. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 1, 2015, 07:45 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 21:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 10:53:
Either way, considering I miss literally EVERY fucking package the postal dudes send me I welcome these drones. I would even build a drone port.

Dude, you're in Germany, right? Why not use Packstation? Never miss a shipment again and pick up at your convenience after work, before work, between fucking your wife and your neighbor... ANYTIME!

Also, this drone business will take a loooooong time to get cleared for German airspace. Our country is too populated. You don't want a drone like this to collide with a police or SAR helicopter or GA and flying on street level is not as practical as in the US since houses in DE are usually taller and roads narrower.
I'm very sure it will take years of testing and regulation before this stuff gets a clearance to use the already very crowded German airspace, if ever.

Packstation only works for DHL packages and at least where I live it's ALWAYS full during xmas. Otherwise that's a good idea.. still would prefer a drone landing on my roof dropping package in a rain proof container and flying away. But you are right of course... considering how insane our regulations are it's a miracle postal service is even allowed to deliver packages... where I live drone can definitely NOT land in the garden ;p Not to mention I don't want my packages sitting in the garden ~.~

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: A Car Dealers Wonít Sell: Itís Electric Dec 1, 2015, 07:29 eRe4s3r

Well.. they could make these cars actually affordable... and invent a battery that can last for 30 years.. and not just 5 ?  

News Comments > GeForce 860M Hotfix Coming
5. Re: GeForce 860M Hotfix Coming Dec 1, 2015, 06:38 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 01:57:
i can't tell you how many issues i've had since i bought this 980 (desktop) card, so many drivers just break games. There's this perpetual issue with the GPU not recognizing that there's a 3D game going on, and is locked to desktop (2D) clocks. And yes, I've obviously changed all applicable settings in nvidia control panel. It's just unreasonable to know that this bug still exists a year after I bought this card. It's very well known, affects the 970 and 980ti too (my friend got a 980ti and all his games are locked to %40 gpu usage, consensus is that it's a driver issue, still waiting for a driver package that fixes it). There's a 200 page thread on it in the nvid forums. still no fix.

And then there's the 3.5GB = 4GB Vram scandal with the 970.

The only thing good about Nvidia is they have drivers out the day before any major title launch. That said, I've had waaay more nvid drivers that have broken things than ATI, don't really know where nvid has this stellar reputation with drivers from... ATi is slow with drivers yes, but they rarely break things half as bad.

The reason is that many people don't buy the bleeding edge of hardware from any GPU maker Always 1 or 2 generations behind, at least there you know the specific issues are likely fixed in the drivers.

14. Re: Sunday Patches Dec 1, 2015, 06:23 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 18:18:
Do I have to name every button I assign in there?
Unfortunately. Native Steam controller games will have pre-named binds that can be used and applied to buttons/menus, but adapting old games is very manual.

The gyro is really impressive, it blows away the level of accuracy offered by any others and doesn't have to be constantly recalibrated (or ever calibrated... I haven't). I've been meaning to fire up Dirt, Hot Pursuit or Sonic AS Racing... maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Gradient haptics on the triggers would be cool, I haven't even thought of needing haptic feedback like that. It's only useful to me as the soft-pull action for hair/hip fire configs.

I leave haptics on medium/high for the mouse/gyro control, especially when starting a new game. I find it helpful in the sense that I can tell "how much" or "how many clicks" i'm moving and it gives the thumb a better sense of distance traveled... which in turn helps you dial in the sensitivity settings. As I get more comfortable with a control scheme I turn the haptics down on the mouse.

The keyboard overlay is something they actually just added to the external control modes, so it may still be a little buggy. You definitely should use the steam overlay/big picture mode to give it the best chance of working. Did you try launching the keyboard manually from the overlay? My D3 automatically logs in so I didn't actually remember it would be required.

The in-game input displays are definitely an annoyance... but that ties back to the way the games were originally designed. I find it to be a short-lived issue when still learning how you had set up the buttons. I suppose that certain games will be more annoying in that regard than others.

Launching keyboard manually from overlay is funny, because in D3, i can't even access the steam overlay despite it showing as loaded ;/ I even tried mapping ALT+TAB to the controller for giggles, and that didn't open the overlay either.... for some reason the overlay works fine (But no keyboard input overlay) in Star Craft 2 and not at all in Diablo 3... on the other hand.. I fiddled with your ideas in rocket league today (had painter here so lots of time) and this works great

Seriously still no idea how to do an "radial" menu... and for laughs I noticed that gyro stopped working in desktop mode after I exited from Diablo 3... seems like this still needs TONS of bug fixes.

9845 Comments. 493 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo