Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9978 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
12. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 14, 2016, 12:56 eRe4s3r

PacoTaco wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 11:42:
It is great to see a company scoop up all the money left on the ground by companies like CCP and the never to be finished greatest scam ever Star Citizen.

God speed to you Elite team! You earned my respect and my money!

The joke is EVE could have been one of the strongest space games in the market had CCP not squandered it

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders
7. Re: Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders Jan 12, 2016, 22:10 eRe4s3r

Physical video games? AND pre-Orders What (year) is that again?

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2016, 22:15.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 12, 2016, 17:55 eRe4s3r

Sony lawyer trainee was must have been drinking some strong stuff to even think for 1 second this would pass ...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 11, 2016, 17:12 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 12:19:
600 for the Oculus Rift is too much already. After postage & taxes it will cost as much as 800$ to import it here. For that kind of money I can buy another GTX970 and an awesome 1440p monitor...Goddamn it...Im like the prime consumer for this kind of thing, and I can't afford it.

For that kind of money you can actually buy a state of the art 6gb 980TI ,) If you wanted it (which is superior to SLI in every way)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jan 11, 2016, 11:03 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 10:59:
Trevellian wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 21:23:
The game has been out for years on PS3. All they did for PC was make higher res textures and make sure it runs at 60fps.

So yes, it's been out. And this is simply an improvement.

Don't try to get me on the born last night thing. It isn't out on the PC and we don't know how good the port is, which is the key. That is what day one reviews are for. Don't tell me otherwise. That's the rule man. That is why you don't see it on the list. If it gets good WoM it will show up the following.

Do we really need to say that you should never pre-order, EVER?

That said, you can grab it when it's out on steam, put a watch-clock near-by set that to 1 hour just to be safe and test whether the port works for you or not, and if not, refund it. Easy and painless.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 11, 2016, 08:36 eRe4s3r

bigspender wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 23:00:
lets see someone use augmented reality to change a tyre in a rainstorm.....

Whether it rains or not makes no difference, but knowing how to do something correctly without going through trial and error can make ALL the difference in the world.

25. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jan 11, 2016, 07:14 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 01:26:
Shok wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 23:27:
Grim Dawn has its hooks in me. Excellent game I picked up in the steam Xmas sale due to someone recommending it here. Started playing a few days ago and time has ceased to matter to me in the only way a pooter game can do that.

How does it compare to others in the genre: D3, TL2, PoE?

This is still just EA impressions...

It's the offline sister of PoE basically. Combat and loot is kinda meh (You find tons of stuff you can't use when you find it) the quest system is also kinda meh, because it doesn't tell you how to get to where you need to go (the far out overland map is completely useless, and there is no overlay map like in D3 where quest objectives and ENTRANCES related to those quests are marked after a while of exploring, all you get is a tiny minimap or a huge minimap, no in-between) if you played D3 with the overlay map on constantly you will absolutely hate this way of doing things

As for combat, it feels ok, it's very chaotic and doesn't really feel beefy or connected, maybe worse, you hate terrain collisions with projectile weapons, you gonna HATE Grim Dawn to the core. Every object on the map counts as LOS block with a projectile weapon. So forests or camp sites = total nightmare to hit anything. And speaking of hitting things, you like your big energy using skills having a MISS chance that increases the greater level difference is? Yeah... I don't

Pathfinding is also kinda rough, enemies are good to great actually, they will find you in the weirdest situations, sometimes even unexpected, but it's your own pathfinding that's the problem. Happened to me often that I get stuck in terrain meshes.. aside that, crafting, character building is top notch. Fair warning though, if you hated the legendary ingredient grind in D3 you will hate it in Grim Dawn as well

TL;DR if you liked Titan Quest you will like this.

And personally, I like it too. But whenever I play grim Dawn I just wish there'd be a new D3 expansion. You just don't get the same feeling when a legendary or set drops that you do in D3. And the game doesn't really "do" the whole fluffy FX deal for loot and money. Meaning it still feels very rough. Maybe that will be improved til release.

Also maybe this is an hilarious last line, but I think the game is too dark and grimy.. lmao, yes, exactly the opposite problem of D3 pre-expansion.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2016, 07:20.

6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jan 10, 2016, 19:01 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 17:49:
Trevellian wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 16:58:
People need to start buying Dragon's Dogma so I can get a damn sequel.

Isn't even out yet...

But you can already buy it
http://store.steampowered.com/app/367500/

News Comments > Saturday Previews
9. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 10, 2016, 14:55 eRe4s3r

The controller comment is especially hilarious because "fast" is very relative when you hold a controller and a thumb stick... vs pin-point 0 latency laser accurate pointer that is, the mouse and keyboard config. Meaning it's likely a bog standard arcade shooter set at snails pace to not make the controller players cry.

Either way, don't expect much from it.. games like this are fun for 2 to 4 hours, then you've seen it all and/or played through... but we'll see when it's released. Maybe it isn't a bog standard boring arcade shooter after all... one thing though, if it uses the god awful ID Tech 5 engine with 50gb world textures that all look like shit up-close then I am not gonna bother

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Trailer
6. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Trailer Jan 9, 2016, 04:29 eRe4s3r

Dragons Dogma and this... anything else interesting coming out soonish?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 8, 2016, 16:05 eRe4s3r

The best idea is to wait first gen of this hardware out. 2nd gen must be lower in price, or VR will be a tiny niche. And a "tiny expensive as fuck niche" is what killed VR and 3D vision attempts before.

400 is the magic number (actually 399)

Not interested in Vive..

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 8, 2016, 15:55 eRe4s3r

If you can disable it without extra cost it is not a net neutrality violation though..  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Update
3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Update Jan 8, 2016, 03:30 eRe4s3r

thecakeisalie wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 20:48:
People forming specialized groups to faceroll newbie pugs for easy wins in a MOBA? Who'd have thunk it? Apparently, not Blizzard.

And it's been happening since day 1 too, and it has nothing to with noobs, if you are not in a squad and get lucky you can face unbeatable enemy combos that you can flat out NEVER counter with your team composition.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview
10. Re: Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview Jan 7, 2016, 15:14 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 12:54:
making me wonder if it isn't just time to give up on D3 and free up some of my SSD space.

Glad I am not the only one with that problem 19GB is a lot (Just Cause 3 is the other offender.. 50gb +.+) putting it on SSD was the only way to get rid of these weird as hell freezes.

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits AmigaOS 3.1 source code leak - official statement. Jan 7, 2016, 15:10 eRe4s3r

LittleMe wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 12:53:
That's GOOD news for everyone. Hyperion comes off as a bunch of stingy control freaks in that statement. Their fears are going to become self fulfilling prophecy if they view things that way.

It's not like that company actually still exists in anything but website and IP lawyers...

ok.. ok.. and a hardware / OS side too

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 7, 2016, 11:04 eRe4s3r

741 ....
At that price in EU it's dead before it even launched. For reference, a bleeding edge 6GB 980TI costs 680 to 709 here...

Massively bummed on that price.. that is actually insanely expensive for a gadget you might not actually be able to physically use, and you won't know until you tried..

News Comments > Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview
7. Re: Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview Jan 7, 2016, 08:45 eRe4s3r

This reminds me to actually check that out again.. (grim dawn) damn near forgot I owned it on Steam for.. years  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2016, 07:26 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 23:46:
I wonder how to get Netflix with a ton of Japanese content.

It's called nyaa.se or CrunchyRoll.... aside that, same problem. Japanese content beyond Anime flat out does not get licensed properly outside of Japan. Even though they make some damn fine TV shows.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2016, 01:25 eRe4s3r

Razor Core is satire, right?

Did someone at Razor actually check whether run of the mill USB controllers on laptops are rated for bandwidth like that?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2016, 01:02 eRe4s3r

The joke is that Denuvo is so hardcore that not once did it ever work for me properly...

Every, SINGLE fucking patch for any Denuvo game I have to manually "authorize" my legally owned game, by clicking on the button that pops up, which opens a website, there have to copy a page full of shit and paste it in the window that now popped up. And hope I didn't miss any character by mass selecting...

Every, SINGLE patch. I preferred Starforce over this crap, and yes, Just Cause 3 included ~.~ which is by the way total garbage game and totally inferior to Just Cause 2 in every way.

The best part, it usually tries to authorize for a good 2 minutes before the error pops up.. even when a game is started through steam, you know, that online service, that requires you to be online. Denuvo devs apparently can not even manage a simple HTTP connection on port 80.. because you know, rocket science?

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2016, 01:08.

9978 Comments. 499 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo