Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10293 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
32. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 24, 2016, 06:47 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 03:35:
Beamer wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 13:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 13:46:
Beamer wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 13:24:
As I was saying in another thread a week or two ago, though, we'll all be replaced by robots. I doubt many people here couldn't be replaced by robots or AI at some point. Doubt many people at all. Actors? Replaceable. CEOs? Replaceable. Police? Replaceable (ED-209!)

The required several dozen AI breakthroughs are not something you gonna see in your lifetime though... AI may beat us at GO, but it sure as hell isn't capable of intelligent behavior, and we are still decades away from an AI that has a mental capacity on par with a dog.

As a start, if we have even 10% of the customer service reps in 10 years that we do now I'd be shocked.

Right, all those call centers/chat centers in India will shortly be replaced with AIs. Those people already follow a script, I'm sure they're already working on an AI to handle all that. And voice recognition is getting better and better.

Also, too: taxis

You want say, a taxi driver, a household robot, a CEO or a cashier with the mental capacity of SIRI?

Mind you for taxi it is a fact AI can replace the function, but no AI can replace the human factor that makes an OK experience great or entertaining. And customer satisfaction and service will be a huge thing that will NOT wipe out taxi drivers entirely ever. ^^

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 24, 2016, 06:15 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 14:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 13:52:
El Pit wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 11:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 11:08:
But if he is smart, he will not step into Germany as long as the current gov parties (CSU/CDU+SPD) are in power or anywhere near it.

They would question him, thank him, and kick his ass on a plane to Washington.

Thank him ^^ ? Our current foreign minister (SPD) had an innocent men kidnapped, imprisoned and tortured (and he was aware of this innocence) in Guantanamo by the US for years, and then fought every legal battle possible to deny him recurse payment once he finally got back here. The SPD is not for nothing called the "party of betrayers" in certain circles, there isn't a principle yet imagined that the SPD wouldn't happily raise on a pedestal during election week and then trample wholesale afterwards.

And our minister for interior (CDU) is closer to the espionage systems than to German law....

I can't put into words my disdain for my own government to be honest when it comes to these and other matters...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murat_Kurnaz and he is just one of many. But you have to admit, his name is kind of suspicious /s

Yeah, and imagine how thrilled the more "darker" part of Germany is about his nomination for president, a true shining moral beacon of justice /s (who was also responsible for Hartz-IV along with Schröder (SPD))

Anyway, it is really sad that Snowden has to be warned to come to Germany, I considered my nation progressive and liberal, but it really isn't. Our gov governs above the people for interests not in line with national interests. And people still vote for them... sigh.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 23, 2016, 13:52 eRe4s3r

El Pit wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 11:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 11:08:
But if he is smart, he will not step into Germany as long as the current gov parties (CSU/CDU+SPD) are in power or anywhere near it.

They would question him, thank him, and kick his ass on a plane to Washington.

Thank him ^^ ? Our current foreign minister (SPD) had an innocent men kidnapped, imprisoned and tortured (and he was aware of this innocence) in Guantanamo by the US for years, and then fought every legal battle possible to deny him recurse payment once he finally got back here. The SPD is not for nothing called the "party of betrayers" in certain circles, there isn't a principle yet imagined that the SPD wouldn't happily raise on a pedestal during election week and then trample wholesale afterwards.

And our minister for interior (CDU) is closer to the espionage systems than to German law....

I can't put into words my disdain for my own government to be honest when it comes to these and other matters...

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2016, 13:57.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 23, 2016, 13:46 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 13:24:
As I was saying in another thread a week or two ago, though, we'll all be replaced by robots. I doubt many people here couldn't be replaced by robots or AI at some point. Doubt many people at all. Actors? Replaceable. CEOs? Replaceable. Police? Replaceable (ED-209!)

The required several dozen AI breakthroughs are not something you gonna see in your lifetime though... AI may beat us at GO, but it sure as hell isn't capable of intelligent behavior, and we are still decades away from an AI that has a mental capacity on par with a dog.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 23, 2016, 11:08 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
10. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 14:39 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 11:50:
Allen Adham probably told them to get their shit together and uncancel Ghost.

Don't be absurd... that would mean making a SP stealth game with story, something which Blizzard doesn't even know how to do anymore...

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Patch Complaints
15. Re: Battlefield 1 Patch Complaints Nov 21, 2016, 21:41 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 10:21:
I'd also like to see:

- Joystick support WTF
- Kit customization without being connected to a server, seriously WTF
- The game not taking 10 minutes to close at random WTF

Some of the design decisions with these games are absurd. Who play tested this and thought man, it would be really cool if I could only customize and edit kits while connected to a server? Shoot that motherfucker out of a cannon. Likewise who thought "oh ok we've got this rudimentary joystick support in all previous games, lets just rip that out for no fucking reason!".

BF has always been dog shit at quality of life and polish.

Btw, yeah, wtf is up with the game closing thing, also happens after you quit matches btw, takes forever to get to the main menu? When I quit a match I am now always force closing with task manager nowadays... that is way faster because the game starts quicker than it QUITS OUT OF A MATCH

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
10. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 21, 2016, 07:06 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 03:11:
edge exploited in 18 seconds

/thanks microsoft

Classy

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 19, 2016, 21:45 eRe4s3r

I always thought the DX MD engine was really shitty, bad performance is not bad, but using 7GB vram at ultra on 1080p is. There is nothing (visually) in this game that warrants that.

Solar shingles... gave me a giggle, probably a thing in the US, everyone else uses ceramic tiles

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
49. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 21:14 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 20:46:
It would help if some of y'all would actually read the damn letter instead of producing uneducated drivel. The letter specifically says...

So for Star Citizen Alpha 2.6 we’re going to share our internal schedule and its breakouts on a weekly basis.

Very simple, no rocket surgery. The schedule they are sharing is solely about PU alpha version 2.6, i.e. it is not about the entire project, not about Squadron 42 and not about when Christ Roberts is getting his hair dyed again or when Sandi Gardiner is going to get a boob job. Capisce?

Thanks for mentioning that... but who cares about the PTU 2.6 somewhen in December though when SQ42 was supposed to release this month and a final EP1 was supposed to be showcased at citizencon, but wasn't? And yes, the letter clearly talks about the PTU, but the schedule report pages does talk about Squadron 42... only to then quickly not ever mention it again ;p

News Comments > Saturday Previews
4. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 19, 2016, 20:34 eRe4s3r

Well, I guess I should scratch that game off my want list.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
45. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 20:27 eRe4s3r

Tumbler wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 15:46:
These internal projections only go as far as Dec 8th!?

How about the projected date for sq42? Or just the next 13 months in general?

The game continues to look amazing but the timelines of when well be able to actually play this game never seem to get clearer.

Exactly, SQ42 isn't even listed in their worked on projects, and this could mean a variety things, but one of them being that it's not being worked on currently by any internal RSI studio doesn't exactly inspire confidence....

Also how the fuck do they constantly ignore SQ42? Do they not realize a ton of money hinges on the fact whether they actually show what was promised? And no SQ42 demo on citizencon, no previews, no schedules for it... we hear nothing of value out of that company. Tons of words, but no substance... that entire email I got could have been summed up with "yo, we now have incomplete (WHY?) internal schedules of no real value so you are even more confused"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 17:30 eRe4s3r

El Pit wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 10:33:
Anything that has more than four legs is not welcome to my home and will get killed on sight. Easy rule.

Same, although to be fair I draw the line at insects, I would never harm a bird or a fox or any other animal (and yes, I know how that sounds from a meat eater ,p). Now I know spiders are not insects... but 6 legs and this uncanny speed, no thank you.

Thankfully I live in Germany where the only dangerous thing about spiders is that you might get a cough from the RAID gas ,p It is also why I would never willingly move anywhere where there are deadly spiders. Australians are bad-ass in my eye for living there, and being able to deal with that deadly threat in such a calm way.

And that said, the video was extremely satisfying to me, not because of spiders, but because of that flame thrower sound. Damn that thing had some oohmph

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 17, 2016, 21:50 eRe4s3r

That Apple related news bit is really amazing, first off, they aren't repairing nor fixing it, they are replacing phones, and secondly, they don't move your data over, so good luck to you getting your phone back to how it was before. That's really shitty customer service

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 17, 2016, 20:03 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 15:18:
50 dollar android tablet, yay or nay?

kindle app is free, if you already have some that has android...

But obviously you can't expect the world for 50$

News Comments > RollerCoaster Tycoon World Rolls Out
26. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World Rolls Out Nov 17, 2016, 17:49 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 11:29:
One thing that has become apparent, there seems to be a group of people going out of their way to dump hard on RollerCoaster Tycoon World and singing praise of perfection for Planet Coaster. I have no doubt that one can be bad and one can be good, but it seems a bit uncanny, a bit fabricated in feel.

But it is ireally not fabricated, Atari fucked up development of RTCW so hard that what we are left with is a broken mess, they released it prematurely just to compete with Planet Coaster, which is imo a HUGE dick-move by Atari, because, I might have to repeat that, the early access period for RTCW was a scam no active development or listening to feedback. What was released today is nearly the same as what was shown first thing on EA as beta.

And does it really surprise you that the cynical posters here would jump on something like that? And ATARI being a total dick to top it off....

News Comments > etc., etc.
12. Re: 'No Man's Sky' Designer Quietly Leaves Hello Games To Work On 'Star Citizen'… Nov 17, 2016, 02:35 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 02:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 01:35:
Retired wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 23:30:
Shok wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 19:48:
ROFL even Derek Smart is piping in. Get that popcorn ready!

He has to. He sucks at making games, so he has to bully others.

Also a news outlet that quotes "him" for something that "he" has zero insight over is really saying a lot about that news outlet

Ps.: A Minecraft movie? Minecraft has a story?

https://telltale.com/series/minecraft-story-mode/

Ah That Minecraft story...

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: 'No Man's Sky' Designer Quietly Leaves Hello Games To Work On 'Star Citizen'… Nov 17, 2016, 01:35 eRe4s3r

Retired wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 23:30:
Shok wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 19:48:
ROFL even Derek Smart is piping in. Get that popcorn ready!

He has to. He sucks at making games, so he has to bully others.

Also a news outlet that quotes "him" for something that "he" has zero insight over is really saying a lot about that news outlet

Ps.: A Minecraft movie? Minecraft has a story?

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized
24. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 16, 2016, 20:27 eRe4s3r

Btw the new hardcore mode is absolutely amazing ^^ Has a few issues that need to be fixed, but I didn't play more fun rounds in quite a while.  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer
4. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer Nov 16, 2016, 16:32 eRe4s3r

Sho wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 16:21:
My one problem with this game is that it looks ugly. The quality of the artwork just isn't great.

Rendered sprites are always gonna be extremely expensive to properly integrate into a scene, none of the current Unity "revisions" of the older RPG's got this one right, sadly. To give you an idea, doing this right requires you to edit the tile once it is fixed, this requires baked tiles that you hand-edit very carefully, adding details in post, adding particle and animation overlays, but this ain't how the devs used Unity to render the scene. They make a scene in 3dsmax or maya, render that out, blot it out (interaction zones, walk paths, walls, LOS blockers etc. and then they cut it to fit the texture size limits of DX9 (which are a real thing).

If you skip the post editing stage on the "fixed" scene, you end up with how this looks. Specifically 0:23 for example, where things look like they are floating in a void due to how badly the shadow and texture interact.. but it's an RPG, and graphics are secondary

10293 Comments. 515 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo