Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11603 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 26, 2017, 05:21 eRe4s3r

flexible li-ion battery bags.. for when you want to play with chemical fire  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
7. Western Elite from Chinese Perspective Nov 26, 2017, 05:14 eRe4s3r

You may wanna read this to understand where fucktards like him come from, if you think he is 1 in billion you are sadly very mistaken.

https://americanaffairsjournal.org/2017/11/western-elite-chinese-perspective/

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2017, 05:11 eRe4s3r

Yeah, 6 years actually.... fucking hell, what a mess this one is.. by now whatever they called state-of-the-art graphics is gonna look like a bad joke on release. Well at least it's gonna be playable (just kidding, it's CryEngine, shit is gonna run at 10fps on a Titan X)  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
2. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 26, 2017, 05:07 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 03:44:
Does it add a sense of pride and accomplishment by gutting everything in the franchise that made it interesting?

/snark

Still a fun game though

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 26, 2017, 01:24 eRe4s3r

Well the US DoE probably thinks sharing is caring  

News Comments > Loot Box Stories of the Day
20. Re: Loot Box Stories of the Day Nov 25, 2017, 10:40 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 09:36:
Suppa7 wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 06:49:
Loot boxes are the natural progression of you people accepting mmo's and steam, as soon as people bought a server locked game it was over. The entire mission of the game industry was to take software control away from customers. That has been going on since the days of Ultima online, everquest and wow.
Once again, it's you peoples fault because supper@7 is purrrfect. omfg ffs

Not just that he is purrfect, by saying that he basically admitted he hasn't played a single AAA game the past decade legally*.

News Comments > Loot Box Stories of the Day
15. Re: Loot Box Stories of the Day Nov 25, 2017, 06:46 eRe4s3r

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 15:27:
Apologies if posted previously, but I just finished watching a great video on this subject and EA's role in developing the practice and thought I'd share it.

Nice video but as was already said, I guess we'll see what really comes from it. Maybe I should write a letter to my local politician about it... mhhh...

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Nov 25, 2017, 04:24 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 14:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 03:47:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 01:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 00:59:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 14:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 12:27:
That "droid" is the best news this game has to offer by far
A far cheaper solution than spending money on micro transactions.

You'd be surprised how much electro servos cost

I'm sure you could make one out of Lego Mindstorms. $350 is still cheaper than the $2500 or so all the MTs for SWBF2 cost.

Plus you'd have a Lego Mindstorm, which is awesome.

Indeed Though honestly, seems to me writing an auto-hotkey script would be easier...

Hmm, doesn't SWBF have software to prevent stuff like that from running?

IF the bloke with his droid key-presser doesn't get banned then neither will you for writing a script doing the same thing. Sure you might not wanna move the mouse wildly since mouse input is most definitely sanitized and scanned, but KB input? Just move fowards and backwards and shoot every once in a while, bind those 3 functions to F1 F2 and F3 and set script to trigger those in random time and you got the same thing with no droid.

News Comments > Get Sanctum 2 for Free
2. Re: Get Sanctum 2 for Free Nov 24, 2017, 14:09 eRe4s3r

Bit surprising the game isn't actually on sale this sale though.. neither are the DLC's and neither is Sanctum 1 nor the DLC's for that matter.. so yeah

Just thought that is odd.. one of the few games not on sale...

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2017, 14:20.

News Comments > Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Next Month
7. Re: Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Next Month Nov 24, 2017, 11:43 eRe4s3r

It's the age old problem of trickle DLC vs expansions... ignore the trickle DLC, it adds NOTHING to Paradox games aside from visual fluff... *applies to all Paradox games ever made.

Only get expansions when they are rebated in a sale.

News Comments > More Boxing with Loot Boxing
16. Re: More Boxing with Loot Boxing Nov 24, 2017, 11:37 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 01:16:
BULLSHIT.

that's right, I call bullshit.

There are 2 conversations that need to be happening:

1) Is actual or quasi pay2win mechanics good/moral/legal/for the children?

2) Lootbox progression.

Lootbox progression has been in gaming since the beginning...

Ask your grandpa about how he used to ROLL THE DIE to find out what loot he got playing DnD.

Give me a fucking break. Luck, Chance. These mechanics are fundamental to gaming, and have been engrained for over 40 years.

That's a different conversation from a perceived or real Pay2Win mechanic. Good luck getting laws passed on that shit, having to quantify in legalese the specific derivation between normal progression and paid progression and where to draw the line in every single game is never going to happen. It's a fucking shit show. They'll either completely outlaw it or won't, and I seriously doubt it's going to be outlawed.

I call bullshit on your calling bullshit

Firstly, loot in DnD was never random and you didn't roll for "loot" normally, and you never had to pay money to roll for loot. If you ever had to do that, then the campaign you played was mass market shit and not hand crafted and properly mastered. Like seriously, which serious dungeon master had random loot? How you gonna plan your progression with that element (Answer: you don't, hence why nobody worth a damn did random loot...) it was electronic DnD, BG1 only partially, that did random loot very limited, but you could never find a +5 weapon on a goblin or an iron weapon on a Drow.. even when random these systems were always heavily mastered and guided to prevent power bumps and overpoweredness (not that BG2 for example, could ever fight overpoweredness past level 20 where DnD leveling went into demi-god territory and shit just got absurdly OP on both sides). Anyhow, I digress....

Secondly, this has nothing to do with luck and chance, these systems use exploitive methods to get young adults and children to pay for shit they don't need, but are constantly positively enforced that they do in fact, need it and this includes loot boxes. Gambling is illegal for children and paid for loot boxes ARE gambling, especially scummy form of it when the entire marketing and gameplay focuses on making children and young adults get them. What G2A does for example, selling games in loot-boxes is also 100% illegal in the EU. But that's just an aside.

Thirdly, this got nothing to do with loot aka, drops in games from gameplay. But when you can buy them (and it's random), THEN it becomes a legal problem.

You are however 100% correct that pay to win is not ever going to be illegal ^^ That's however irrelevant, gambling is what is regulated FOR A REASON. And there is a reason children are not allowed to gamble. If you had ANY clue about psychology of children you'd know instantly why that is. And why you should never let a child anywhere near a mobile game or if you do, not with the ability to spend ANY money!

Finally, if you look up the Activision patent on loot-boxes and psychology manipulation through in-game notifications then you will understand why this shit has to stop.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 24, 2017, 03:47 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 01:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 00:59:

I'm sure you could make one out of Lego Mindstorms. $350 is still cheaper than the $2500 or so all the MTs for SWBF2 cost.

Plus you'd have a Lego Mindstorm, which is awesome.

Indeed Though honestly, seems to me writing an auto-hotkey script would be easier...

News Comments > More Boxing with Loot Boxing
11. Re: More Boxing with Loot Boxing Nov 24, 2017, 03:41 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 15:09:
Good luck with the protest, will especially enjoy seeing how this impacts mobile gaming.

They've been around for such a long time but it took a Star Wars game to push people to the breaking point?

This year more games with lootboxes than the entire years previously combined, so yeah, this year has been QUITE different and that's why it explodes. It has nothing to do with the star wars game, it's the *mass* of lootboxes and micro-transactions everywhere that triggered it.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 24, 2017, 00:59 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Report: Gazillion Firing Staff; Ending Marvel Heroes Even Earlier
3. Re: Report: Gazillion Firing Staff; Ending Marvel Heroes Even Earlier Nov 23, 2017, 12:33 eRe4s3r

kraken wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 12:29:
This is a very sad situation for those people.

Who bought micro transactions for a p2w game? I think not, they deserve the salt. But the the developers, they for sure did NOT deserve this.

I do hope nobody gets refunds though

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 23, 2017, 12:27 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
63. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 23, 2017, 12:13 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 00:33:
Nate wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 20:47:
Adults should be able to control themselves when gambling or making in game purchases.

Children should not be exploited by adults. I'd suggest banning all exploitative marketing to children under a certain age in the US. This would include in game purchases, lootboxes and other forms marketing. I don't see the benefit to society in any of it.

If you want to develop a lootbox / addictive gambling type game. Age verification should be required on all players. Some type of cell phone + credit card + voice recording analysis(?) verification.

Some poor adult with mental problems blows a load on your game. There should be a court process to get the funds returned and that person gets put in the child category.

You say adults should be able to control themselves when gambling, but there's a reason gambling is illegal in most states.

And yet his radical solution wouldn't be a bad idea, although I don't think regulation should "cease" just because someone is age X, age is relative and only a number, it has no real bearing on anything.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 23, 2017, 01:33 eRe4s3r

Let's face it, the world is a better place without Gawker....  

News Comments > GWENT Campaign Delayed
3. Re: GWENT Campaign Delayed Nov 23, 2017, 00:55 eRe4s3r

we also want to welcome new gamers into an already rolling multiplayer ecosystem

Hahahahahahahahaaaaaa, as someone who recently started a new account to see what that means.. this is some total BS

The only thing rolling here is the slowly shrinking beta community that wtf-pwns all noobs in "Quick play" and has contributed to this being a nearly barren wasteland for new players. New players don't even play real humans until 8 hours in, because the level you need for ranked play is 10, to get that you have to grind EVERY SINGLE SOLO QUEST and most of them you can not even beat with a default deck.

Gwent may be conceptually a good game, but they REALLY fucked up the new player experience. And this isn't new, it's been getting worse and worse the past 6 months.

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
18. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 12:23 eRe4s3r

If the EU actually regulates this then it wouldn't even matter if Hawai's initiative gets anywhere... EU regulation is much stronger incentive for EA to sod off with lootboxes than any grassroots movement ever could. Since violations could end up with 25k fines, PER DAY of violation, per game. And EA is not in the business of pissing billions into the wind like Microsoft....

What I worry though, is what they will come up with next. Because those hundreds of people, that are apparently such scumbags that their sole purpose of existence is to find out how to exploit children, will not stop unless we stop them.

11603 Comments. 581 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo