Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11209 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 26, 2017, 19:13 eRe4s3r

Nice That is not one of the most annoying captchas though... ;/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster
8. Re: Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster Jan 25, 2017, 04:36 eRe4s3r

Rhett wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 00:58:
Eh... similar note, I went and opened my one free box for the event, and got 500 credits and a lunar Ana skin (purple), so that was worthwhile at least.

Haven't actually played the game in months, just log in for these free boxes haha.

Same here, something about it just.. does not create any urge to click "play" ;/

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 25, 2017, 01:30 eRe4s3r

Yeah, but not in streamed e-sport competitions Even 10 years ago those had rules banning childish behavior. I remember a match being voided for a single illegal spray paint, back in CS days.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 24, 2017, 03:38 eRe4s3r

This is one of these things where Valve should really start to get a move on, because if they don't, criminal persecution and anti-money laundering divisions of national polices will.  

News Comments > Diablo III Postmortem
9. Re: Diablo III Postmortem Jan 24, 2017, 00:09 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 22:56:
Pfft, you haven't lived unless you beat pre-nerf Inferno.

I find the d3 now far superior to that, even though I have lived through that (and never beat ACT2+ inferno)

My DH had found 2 legendary items by then. None of which had even a roll for my class (yeah, that was a thing back then, not many still remember that) and I ran around with a blue socketed ilvl 61 weapon which was superior to every legendary and since you couldn't re-roll you sat on a brick made of gold coins with nothing to spend it on aside from the stupid auction house.

Not good memories thinking about it And yeah, Error 37

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2017, 16:26 eRe4s3r

swedishfriend wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 12:12:
It is amazing that they are admitting it was a design problem along with the manufacturing problems. They handled every step of this as best they could it would seem to me. Other than the rushing of a new design with new manufacturing process so that it was not tested well enough. That part they really messed up. Everything after that, great!

Yeah but the really funny bit is that if you are German, you know what the TÜV Rheinland actually is and does, and this entire news becomes far more mind blowing then

It is however extremely interesting that this wasn't just 1 bad battery but a total and complete design and quality control fuck-up that spread not just over the case but also over 2 totally different battery fabs. One wonders what this says about the quality of Li-ion battery packs in general though.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Ringed City DLC in March
12. Re: Dark Souls III Ringed City DLC in March Jan 23, 2017, 14:45 eRe4s3r

Angrius Maximis wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 14:17:
MORE BLOODBORNE....screw DS3

Bloodborne on PC... Bloodborne on PC... Bloodborne on PC... Bloodborne on PC... Bloodborne on PC... Bloodborne on PC... Bloodborne on PC... Bloodborne on PC

;p

News Comments > Out of the Blue
100. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 04:40 eRe4s3r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 02:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 19:25:
El Pit wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 14:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 14:27:
I would have voted for Bane if he had run against Merkel..... that's how disillusioned I am of politics. I thought Trumps election speech was something straight out of a Game. And it's problematic no doubt when video game "speeches" resonate with me far more than real speeches. COD had a few of those, and the trailer they released with the general giving his speech imo could have been 1:1 Trumps election speech.

Weird time to be living in

Go and watch some old speeches by Helmut Schmidt. They prove that not all politicians produce only mindless drivel.

https://youtu.be/aMxJ0Kn1r6o

To all non-German speaking guys here, this is a speech by one of the most intelligent politicians EVER. Unfortunately it is in German, so you might want to skip it.

Unfortunately the party that the SPD now is would never produce a politician of this level, not after Schröder ruined that party. And my favorite politician speeches are still from Gysi... sadly he was in the wrong party. I mean just look at our next chancellors... Merkel or Gabriel, that's like pest or cholera. None of them can incite any emotions, none of them have the gravitas for giving speeches, speeches which would be absolutely vital in todays time to give the German population some guidance and vision for the future.

As I said, I would vote Bane over Merkel, I wouldn't even think twice if that were a choice during election. Sadly it is not. ^^ The only realistic other choice is the cash-bag Gabriel, a politician who lives and breaths for industry interests, and doesn't know what voters are unless he needs to be elected. Bah
Sahra Wagenknechts speeches are much better than anything Gysi ever said. Actually Gysi went even more bonkers than Merkel in the refugee crisis. But too bad the rest of her party doesnt support her much.

And even worse, next elections are gonna be a sad thing indeed. Don't need to be a sage to predict that mess is gonna be yet again SPD/CDU and 1 other party. Might be a good time to start paying to some chaos god. (Yes, paying, I am not religious, and I hear chaos gods take bribes and sacrifice ;P)

91. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 22, 2017, 21:54 eRe4s3r

Saboth wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 16:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 13:53:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 13:33:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 12:07:
Holy Shit. I don't know what's harder to believe. Kellyanne "Alternative Facts" Conway in charge of the ministry of misinformation, or that some simpletons actually believe this crap.
It's mind boggling.

Who are you going to believe: the great and magnificent President Donald J. Trump, first of his name, King of the Andhals and the First Men, or so called "photographic evidence"?

In this day and age? Neither

The first part is understandable, but why would you disbelieve hundreds of photos taken by hundreds of different people, as well as eyewitness accounts? Do people really believe there is some kind of mass liberal conspiracy going on between thousands of news agencies and independent bloggers where they all have a morning meeting and get their facts, photos and stories aligned just to make Donald Trump look like a buffoon? Or is it more likely Donald Trump is just a buffoon?

Oh it is very likely he is a total Buffoon. My point is that it is completely irrelevant who we believe or don't. Trump will spread the greatest lie aka, "alternate facts" if that is what his voters expect the truth to be. It doesn't matter in any way what the real truth is. Anyone opposed to Trump will always assume anything Trump says is BS, even if it isn't, and while that may be most often the "truth", reality is we at this point can no longer know for sure.

And after that election I honestly will say I don't trust ANY us media in ANY way. To me, Trump and the US media are a match made in heaven. They can tear themselves apart while I sit in Germany and laugh at the insanity and irrelevancy of topics raised by both sides. There isn't a single piece of news currently on any top US news side that isn't put into a ideological context, anti-trump news will always leave anything out that might make Obama or Bush look worse than Trump. pro-trump news will always do the opposite even if it means flat out lying.

Photo evidence might show what is truth, but interpretation by viewers/readers will always be according to their ideology. So there isn't even any "true" truth, it will always depends on which way you swing...

86. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 22, 2017, 13:53 eRe4s3r

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 13:33:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 12:07:
Holy Shit. I don't know what's harder to believe. Kellyanne "Alternative Facts" Conway in charge of the ministry of misinformation, or that some simpletons actually believe this crap.
It's mind boggling.

Who are you going to believe: the great and magnificent President Donald J. Trump, first of his name, King of the Andhals and the First Men, or so called "photographic evidence"?

In this day and age? Neither

85. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 13:45 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 07:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 01:48:
Dacote wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 19:39:
I would have voted for Bane if he had run against Merkel..... that's how disillusioned I am of politics. I thought Trumps election speech was something straight out of a Game. And it's problematic no doubt when video game "speeches" resonate with me far more than real speeches. COD had a few of those, and the trailer they released with the general giving his speech imo could have been 1:1 Trumps election speech.

Go and watch some old speeches by Helmut Schmidt. They prove that not all politicians produce only mindless drivel.

To all non-German speaking guys here, this is a speech by one of the most intelligent politicians EVER. Unfortunately it is in German, so you might want to skip it.

Unfortunately the party that the SPD now is would never produce a politician of this level, not after Schröder ruined that party. And my favorite politician speeches are still from Gysi... sadly he was in the wrong party. I mean just look at our next chancellors... Merkel or Gabriel, that's like pest or cholera. None of them can incite any emotions, none of them have the gravitas for giving speeches, speeches which would be absolutely vital in todays time to give the German population some guidance and vision for the future.

As I said, I would vote Bane over Merkel, I wouldn't even think twice if that were a choice during election. Sadly it is not. ^^ The only realistic other choice is the cash-bag Gabriel, a politician who lives and breaths for industry interests, and doesn't know what voters are unless he needs to be elected. Bah
The speech writers never get any credit.

Delivery is what counts, not content. Although I guess I am complaining that we lack *BOTH*
A good orator the orange orangutan is not. I'm p0sitive the only thing he's good at is talking shit, and that's not what a country needs. A playground bully with a loud mouth and scared fools for followers.

Well I could handle the shit, if he delivered it with gravitas. But as it is... it seems this skill went somehow MIA globally.

64. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 01:48 eRe4s3r

Dacote wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 19:39:

The speech writers never get any credit.

Delivery is what counts, not content. Although I guess I am complaining that we lack *BOTH*

42. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 19:25 eRe4s3r

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2017, 19:35.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 14:27 eRe4s3r

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: Steam Quietly Adds the Ability to Move Game Install Folders. Jan 21, 2017, 00:14 eRe4s3r

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 23:32:
OK, but can I finally put my Steam directory on a network drive (not a share, but an actually mapped network drive)?

Yes, you can put it on anything with a drive letter no matter what you mapped that to.. as long as it's mapped when steam starts.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 20, 2017, 23:13 eRe4s3r

There is a 4th privacy setting for telemetry -> "none" (on Enterprise/ Enterprise LTSB)

Just bringing that up, the update changes it from 4 to 3, not from 3 to 2.

Only basic/full for normal Windows though.

News Comments > Stars in Shadow Released
4. Re: Stars in Shadow Released Jan 20, 2017, 01:58 eRe4s3r

You liked it more than Stellaris? Well at 79 hours played that is quite a statement. Can you elaborate?

Doesn't the combat slow the game massively down in late game?

News Comments > Might & Magic Showdown Early Access
2. Re: Might & Magic Showdown Early Access Jan 20, 2017, 01:55 eRe4s3r

Yeah, it's miniatures... PvP of all things. Linear progression, 11 skills or what, nothing much to it...  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 9 Underway
8. Re: Diablo III Season 9 Underway Jan 19, 2017, 16:03 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 13:10:
I haven't played D3 since the first 2 months after launch, after it was obvious that there was no real end-game content other than replaying the same game at harder difficulties, since only about 5% of the game had "randomly" generated dungeons.

So let me get this straight, these "seasons" are just resetting ALL char progression, and starting fresh every few months? And each session would involve playing through the same content through multiple (I think there's 10 now?) difficulties?

That seems like a spiraling black-hole of repetition. I mean I do love the gameplay, but jesus, how many times can you play through the same campaign?

Game changed fundamentally since then, and especially with the addon. But the repetition point is true. It is not the campaign though, but rather the map tiles that start to repeat infinitely... especially in greater rifts. Rifts (the normal ones) are at least somewhat fun, and some areas are big open fields, which is where the game truly starts to shine. Enemy type is random in those rifts, in normal rifts you can find many unique treasure goblins (the blue gel ones are especially crazy)

To explain to you seasons I can assure you ain't nobody who plays Seasons that goes through the campaign Everyone goes bounties -> rifts -> greater rifts. And there is a good incentive to do seasons, season reward is often a complete set which allows you to (easily) experiment with a new build. I think if you disliked D3 wholesale from the start this wouldn't be something you enjoy doing though.

Surprisingly it is really a lot of fun to "level up" through a season. Which you can do very quickly nowadays, talking less than 5 hours to 60 if you do it lazily / chill. (and craft the "leveling" low level sets)

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 15:55 eRe4s3r

Dacote wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 15:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 15:11:
snip
When in doubt, double down.

Oh well, literally the "worst" thing that can happen in a debate is that I am wrong or going down a slippery slope with my argumentation which devalues my point. All it does is help me build an actual opinion once I accept being wrong. Like in this case. ^^

11209 Comments. 561 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo