Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9841 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
9. Re: Path of Exile Patched Dec 12, 2015, 00:31 eRe4s3r

Undocumented Alien wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 11:13:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 10:58:
The single biggest thing this game needs is a physics engine. Killing is simply not fun enough. Is that a planned feature?

I agree, the combat needs a kick. The game (PoE), overall, is better than D3, except for the combat.

That is a very odd statement considering 90% of these games is combat...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.0
5. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 11, 2015, 20:30 eRe4s3r

To be honest, if they'd not fuck up their version naming all the time people would be less confused. Alpha 2.0? Read it as Alpha 0.2 and put your expectations on that level.

If you take it like that, a very early alpha... then it's pretty damn impressive. Some stuff works that I honestly never thought they could get working in CryEngine.... there are missions and travel inside an area that let's you see how the SP might work, if it works like that and is properly polished up, then this game has TONS of potential after all.

I still have high hopes for this game. Maybe now even more so than before. If SQ42 is moddable whenever this whole thing releases then all the wait was worth it. And imo, it's better they get it right than release too early. Too early and it'd be a DS game ;p

News Comments > Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage
2. Re: Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage Dec 11, 2015, 10:09 eRe4s3r

Game looks absolutely stunningly great (FAR better than any of the prequel movies, lmao).. but gameplay is shit Curse of the year 2015 in FPS gaming I guess...

Maybe 2016 will bring us some great looking games that don't have shit gameplay?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 11, 2015, 09:54 eRe4s3r

SHA-1 isn't acceptable level of encryption anymore.. and for good reasons....

Also.. if your AV has a massive flaw like that, doesn't mean your AV is a greater security risk than not having AV at all? What can a user space virus do compared to a hacked ring-0 driver from some half-assed AV snakeoil company?

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2015, 10:11.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 10, 2015, 20:00 eRe4s3r

Got to admit the controller really got way more awesome with beta patches... gyro is really a very neat use for fine tuning aim and it doesn't take a lot of getting used to. Controller works great for console JRPG's too.. as long as you rebind the bumpers  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. FF13 Lightning Returns just released out of nowhere Dec 10, 2015, 18:25 eRe4s3r

So YAY!  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 10, 2015, 05:18 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 01:35:
ViRGE wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 01:05:
Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 20:47:
Why not a PI? Where are the various authorities that should be involved in this? M15/FBI/Interpol?
Because it's not a crime to try to run a business and fail. Indeed this is expected under capitalism.

From the sounds of it they never had any intention to succeed and this sounds like it was a scam from day one. Hence the question of why the authorities aren't yet involved. And actually it is a crime to take people's money up front and not deliver what was promised. That's why prosecutors are starting to take these people to court. And something with this kind of money involved most certainly warrants an official investigation.

The UK has laughable anti fraud laws though...

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Early Access
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Early Access Dec 10, 2015, 02:45 eRe4s3r

Holy fuck... this IP is dead  

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy VI Next Week
12. Re: PC Final Fantasy VI Next Week Dec 10, 2015, 00:39 eRe4s3r

PixelScuba wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 22:00:
Drew this in 99 when I was 17 for an RPG2000 game. If I'm going to talk shit... I should back it up with proof. This is crap I was drawing in my teens... not even my best work!

What amazes me is that this ISN'T the H2Q upscale filter... THAT would look better than what they did! The upscaled artwork in the FF1 & FF2 remakes was lightyears beyond what was produced for this remaster. I just don't get it!

It's very easy, redrawing pixel art to just be higher res and with more details is expensive as fuck especially when a game has tens of thousands of sprites.... and apparently Square Enix doesn't want to invest the 50k$ or so it costs to outsource this.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm XP Boost; Referral Program
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm XP Boost; Referral Program Dec 9, 2015, 20:32 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 02:33:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 22:28:
It's actually an attempt to draw old players back in via smurfing... which is going to make first play experience (And the entire atrocity of MM) for real newbs a nightmare.

Aside that, hero gating is gone, good.. 5 months to late though!

A friend of mine told me that the game is not even in the top 20 twitch streamed games, it used to be in the top three. Blizzard seriously messed up somewhere. I quit around the time they released that Elf Hunter hero, or shortly afterwards. They had a great chance to wipe the slate clean with their MM and their Hero League ladder reset, but they fucked it up real bad.

Something was off about this game, even though mechanically it was pretty flawless. Blizzard seriously under-estimates their players and doesn't give them enough credit. Limiting group sizes, making it really easy (and relatively painless, there were no permabans) for griefers, and generally majorly fucking up with the matchmaking to allow terrible players into high ranked games, ruined this game.

The biggest thing "off" about this game is imo the complete lack of a proper pre-game randomization of who plays what so that teams can end up perfectly balanced (based on conglomerated statistics)... the only game-mode I'd ever even consider playing. And why is it missing? Because Blizzard wants to sell classes.. absolutely HATE that in F2P games.

This game would have been total win if all chars had been available for everyone and so everyone could have found the character they love most during normal play... but no.. they decided to make this fremium nonsense part of the game.. and so hots is dead for me ;/ Got my HS card deck and didn't even start the game in a month now

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2015, 19:54 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 11:16:
Nucas wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 10:20:
i bought a couple nice jackets/coats/sweaters last winter, since we were getting single-digit temperatures every night. i remember thinking "well, may as well wear these out now before the climate is fucked and i can't anymore."

i wasn't being serious, earth. please don't be fucked so soon.

Oh relax. These are always followed up by a La Nina, so it should be penis shrinkingly cold next year. And while it's warmer than historical averages atm, people always seem to think December should be colder and snowier than it normally is too. Wait until we hit Jan/Feb and see what happens.

This year 400m less gas used for heating.. but 555kw more used for climate control..

somehow I feel like this isn't a good trade-off....

10. Re: Angela Merkel Beats Trump for Person of the Year - TIME. Dec 9, 2015, 18:26 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:25:
Personally, Trump appeals to me more and more. He's got balls, unlike pretty much any other politician in recent memory.

You are confusing balls with populism

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy VI Next Week
6. Re: UGH! Dec 8, 2015, 22:41 eRe4s3r

PixelScuba wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 21:57:
"New features include painstakingly recreated graphics by veteran character designer Kazuko Shibuya..."

Did she revert to an earlier stage in her artistic development? The artwork actually looks WORSE than it did over 20 years ago! I was drawing better artwork for RPGMaker95 in the late 90s!

Looks like hq3x upscaling.. or basically the "how to make a SNES game look fucking horrible" algo

News Comments > Immortal Empire Released
2. Re: Immortal Empire Released Dec 8, 2015, 22:34 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 21:59:
Like Diablo? Like Xcom? Have we got a treat for you!

Yeah, if those games had been freemium titles... I can't get invested into f2p titles like these for some reason. Lack of upfront payment means lack of upfront investment. And so.. I'd rather play something else ;p

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm XP Boost; Referral Program
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm XP Boost; Referral Program Dec 8, 2015, 22:28 eRe4s3r

It's actually an attempt to draw old players back in via smurfing... which is going to make first play experience (And the entire atrocity of MM) for real newbs a nightmare.

Aside that, hero gating is gone, good.. 5 months to late though!

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2015, 22:25 eRe4s3r

Clearly you never played Battlefield.. any version of it.  

News Comments > Battleborn Preorders
1. Re: Battleborn Preorders Dec 8, 2015, 22:21 eRe4s3r

Am I the only who doesn't find penguins adorable?  

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
24. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 7, 2015, 22:24 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 18:55:
Maniac wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 05:19:
I'm not a big MOBA fan, but it does seem they want to do it differently by giving the players more freedom with their heroes via 3rd person control. Maybe it will be enough to give them that different feeling and through that a player base.

Example alpha gameplay here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gw9fJGKvcc&lc

edit: and I noticed it was already in the initial post as well. Oh well. Looks different from your usual top-down MOBAs

Thanks for the comment anyway. I didn't read the initial post past "MOBA" and just wanted to read the commments because I enjoy reading complaints for some reason.

That 3rd person addition may actually be a USP that might work.

Did you try Smite?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 7, 2015, 21:20 eRe4s3r

For something that is apparently a violation of patents amazon certainly doesn't seem to give 2 shits about selling it though.... no injunctions in front of a European court or what?

Strange story and even stranger that this patent was granted to them in the first place. Seems like obvious design.

News Comments > Oriental Empires Announced
11. Re: Oriental Empires Announced Dec 7, 2015, 17:56 eRe4s3r

Don't educate SJW's.. their idiocy is source of lots of entertainment.  

9841 Comments. 493 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo