Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9854 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > French Steam Lawsuit
26. Re: French Steam Lawsuit Dec 19, 2015, 03:40 eRe4s3r

beigemore wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 01:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 12:39:
Personally, I would be more happy if steam would stop FUCKING BREAKING MY STREAMING and CONTROLLER

If it ain't working next year I am suing their asses. They sold me a product (Steamlink + Controller) that worked flawlessly when I got it both, and now, a few months later I can't stream shit without lagspikes that they introduced dec 14 (yes, the official non beta update) and I can't use the controllers full feature set thanks to their retarded developers breaking templates in dec 16 and dec 17 (where they claimed to fix it, but they made it FAR worse) beta patch

Whats the fucking point of a streaming solution that you can't use to stream because every patch steam puts out makes it run fucking WORSE. (remember, it worked flawlessly before!)

I am pretty close to throwing this shit away. Not the controller mind you, it's decent wired to a PC, but streaming doesn't work currently, neither does the controller when streaming since you can't assign templates to anything. YAY, just when I have a vacation. If this is broken through to new year I am going mental on their asses. I have a sword, and I know how to find their HQ

It's always an excellent idea to talk about future lawsuits you plan on bringing.

That, or going to their HQ with my 2handed battle sword...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: French Steam Lawsuit Dec 18, 2015, 18:21 eRe4s3r

I don't care if this is a 1 in a million problem or not. It's my vacation and shit isn't working that was working before. Templates broken, streaming now suddenly has random lag spikes.

Unless you can tell me a magic solution to THAT I doubt you have an idea how much this can piss someone off..

Let me reiterate. It's my vacation so the solution to problems Valve caused involve VALVE doing shit, not me.

16. Re: French Steam Lawsuit Dec 18, 2015, 17:22 eRe4s3r

Dev wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 17:06:
In regards to the streaming thing... Valve development has always been VERY spotty. You can see patch history of their games, and their client, etc. Bugs that were fixed in L4D1 were rebroken in L4D2, and things got "fixed" half a dozen times (like falling through elevator). Some exploits known about for years never fixed, etc.
Part of it is the whole "I'm bored, going to wheel my desk over here and stop patchwork for while" thing they have going on.

So you are saying a company that has more than a billion $ worth of actual money does not employ QA procedures before they push out an official steam client update?

15. Re: French Steam Lawsuit Dec 18, 2015, 17:16 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 16:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 12:39:
Personally, I would be more happy if steam would stop FUCKING BREAKING MY STREAMING and CONTROLLER

If it ain't working next year I am suing their asses. They sold me a product (Steamlink + Controller) that worked flawlessly when I got it both, and now, a few months later I can't stream shit without lagspikes that they introduced dec 14 (yes, the official non beta update) and I can't use the controllers full feature set thanks to their retarded developers breaking templates in dec 16 and dec 17 (where they claimed to fix it, but they made it FAR worse) beta patch

Whats the fucking point of a streaming solution that you can't use to stream because every patch steam puts out makes it run fucking WORSE. (remember, it worked flawlessly before!)

I am pretty close to throwing this shit away. Not the controller mind you, it's decent wired to a PC, but streaming doesn't work currently, neither does the controller when streaming since you can't assign templates to anything. YAY, just when I have a vacation. If this is broken through to new year I am going mental on their asses. I have a sword, and I know how to find their HQ

You see I could have told you all that beforehand and streaming is retarded anyway so why even bother? You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble if you would simply listen to wise, balanced and intelligent people like me but noooo... you n00b had to go and buy the latest hyped garbage, of course. Well, then... this is what you get for not listening to wise old uncle CJ! :o

Can't argue with that But the real joke is that streaming wasn't retarded when I bought it, it worked fine, flawlessly, 60fps, with only 10ms delay! In the past month steam pushed out 3 updates (controller firmware, steamlink firmware and Steam Client update from 14th december, and since then I can neither use my controller nor stream correctly. Now I have still 60fps, but lag-spikes beyond 10 seconds and 28ms delay (like.. HOW.. WHY?)

Urgh... Yes, yes.. you were right.. but hindsight is what it is..

6. Re: French Steam Lawsuit Dec 18, 2015, 12:39 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Date, Specs
14. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Date, Specs Dec 18, 2015, 05:08 eRe4s3r

This the game Dark Souls wanted to be when it grew up...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 18, 2015, 03:23 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 11:23:
I switched to uBlock Origin awhile ago after finding ABP to be a bit of a resource pig. Nothing bad to say about uBlock, just works.

Just remember that uBlock does nothing without the CONSTANT work of hundreds of people that maintain the actual filter lists...

News Comments > Tencent Buys Remainder of Riot, League of Legends
5. Re: Tencent Buys Remainder of Riot, League of Legends Dec 17, 2015, 16:34 eRe4s3r

Brazor wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 12:41:
https://youtu.be/lHcTKWiZ8sI

For those who don't know what Raven is talking about.

Holy.. shitballz

Not a vid I wanted to watch before bed

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VI
14. Re: Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VI Dec 17, 2015, 16:18 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 12:30:
Everything pixel-art related looks better on a CRT.

I am totally in your camp, I hate LCD's. I miss my FP1355, but my desk doesn't :p

Totally not relevant.. but I "appropriated" a brand-new office steel desk, 3m*1m height and tilt adjustable when a local business closed, they were about to throw the thing away! Getting it into my gaming room took 3 grown man and lots of grunting. That thing OWNS my gaming room and handles 2 screens 1 of which is a bulky Philips Brilliance 202p7 which still lasts, thought it might have a problem when I heard a "whining" in the electronics, but it comes and goes for 5 years now.. so whatever Those damn heavy things were built to last.

I don't totally hate LCD's (I can appreciate the sharpness in movies...) but for games, why use AA when I got free AA on the CRT? Round pixels rule.

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
40. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 16:11 eRe4s3r

KS wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 13:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 10:47:
DS admitting he is wrong? Please, you want some elves for that fanciful fantasy?

That's pretty damn impressive, but personally I don't care about planets with nothing interesting on them (See Elite Horizons or even KSP) to me that is super lazy game development. Procedural content is not real content, its just fluff that hides that there is nothing underneath the surface of a game in terms of content. But then some people love that in elite.. just hope SC is not going that route. And hey, as KSP shows us, handcrafted height-map based planets (so no caves or arching rock formations) with zero detail ain't better either...

Procedural planets are just the start. Go read Reamde from Neal Stephenson. In there, they have a massive virtual world where planets are not just procedural in a fractal sort of way, but generated from real-world physics, lava and volcanism and plate techtonics, with real, natural depositon of resource veins, and populated by real functioning ecosystems and evolution.

Imagine a still better world where there is a nation of a hundred million orcs, and they are resource hungry and nasty and spreading. No "spawn points", real virtual organisms breeding and spreading and harvesting and building and...harvesting you because you are in the way.

Where is that freaking game? Screw spawn points and theme parks and tank/heal/dps and magically reapearing resource nodes and inability to climb anything.

I admit that that would be awesome to play.. on a supercomputer 1000x times faster than current rigs anyway

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 17, 2015, 11:10 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 11:02:
Because when people hear "gamer" they think of 12 year old shit heads on xbox live tossing around racist/homophobic slurs.

No, that's when people hear "console gamer"

(going into hiding now)

10. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 11:08 eRe4s3r

Razumen wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 10:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 10:47:
DS admitting he is wrong? Please, you want some elves for that fanciful fantasy?

That's pretty damn impressive, but personally I don't care about planets with nothing interesting on them (See Elite Horizons or even KSP) to me that is super lazy game development. Procedural content is not real content, its just fluff that hides that there is nothing underneath the surface of a game in terms of content. But then some people love that in elite.. just hope SC is not going that route. And hey, as KSP shows us, handcrafted height-map based planets (so no caves or arching rock formations) with zero detail ain't better either...

I'd imagine the ideal is a combination of procedural and handcrafted content mixed together, after all it would take far to long to hand craft every planet individually. Also, procedural generation definitely has to improve in order to better simulate the diverse geographical areas of a planet. Right now it looks cool, but the lack of unique features quickly become evident.

It still is the main challenge for space games, imo. Planets not being a "1 procedural generation algo fits all" problem is a thing that's plagued EVERY single space game ever made that allows this pseudo feature of land-able planets. Imo this problem even spans into the hand-crafted games too. Tons of game-engines do not support caves or structures that arch over terrain geometry, so you always have this weird disconnect between rocks that are part of the "ground" layer and rocks that are part of the "detail" layer (hand placed!). For some reason I have to think of Take On: Mars here. Very pretty areas, very unrealistic and boring to navigate too.

When I see scott Manley talking about the EVA vehicle for planets and how he drove on a flat barrent surface for 30 minutes doing absolutely NOTHING I had to wonder to myself: This is it? This is the year 2015 and the best we can do?

Grml ;/

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 17, 2015, 10:55 eRe4s3r

Translation: Female gamers can't handle smack talk  

5. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 10:47 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access
44. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 17, 2015, 10:34 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 13:51:
If they had implemented offline single player people would have pirated the crap out of the game, we all know that's the reason it's not there.

And modders would have made a better game experience for everyone...

12. Re: Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VI Dec 17, 2015, 10:33 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 09:01:
I have FF6 on PS1 Disc and it looks way better than that on a CRT television than this PC release.

Everything pixel-art related looks better on a CRT. Dotmask may be a dead tech, but I still have a high-end CRT; it still works, and I still play all my SNES/DOS games on it. You ever seen how absolutely horrible a game looks at 640x480 on a LCD screen? Yeah.. ;p

7. Re: Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VI Dec 17, 2015, 01:13 eRe4s3r

The top 10 reviews are 9 negative and 1 positive. So 20% all the other positive reviews have less votes combined than top negative review has.

Or translated: Steam user ratings (the number it shows in the store page) are total bullshit with zero base in actual numbers.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month
20. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month Dec 17, 2015, 01:07 eRe4s3r

To be honest, Homeworld 2 is what it is, and a ground based Homeworld could be just as interesting, if not more... but did anyone else notice the horribad GAME performance in that trailer? A month before release, and that fancy game doesn't run smooth in a trailer?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2015, 09:55 eRe4s3r

Philips added DRM to light bulbs.. think about that, and which company never to support ever again.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access
21. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 16, 2015, 05:01 eRe4s3r

Wake me when there is a game  

9854 Comments. 493 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo