Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11761 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 20, 2017, 02:40 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 21:31:
Yeah everyone is real surprised by the WH approval on that. /s

Oh really? So why isn't AirBnB being held to that standard. Seems to me anyone renting a "hotel" room should have to comply with every country's disability act to enure equal access. I'd actually love to see that and kill that bullshit company off.

It's rare but in this case I agree... if it applies to Uber and Taxis then it applies to AirBnB and hotels.. it's just fair

And I wouldn't cry a single tear if those 2 companies died....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Telltale Announces New Batman; The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us Series
3. Re: Telltale Announces New Batman; The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us Series Jul 20, 2017, 02:28 eRe4s3r

More Clementine is always good, more Bigsby is better.

But yeah, only when all episodes are released... seriously hate this piece-meal episodic stuff.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
24. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 19, 2017, 17:14 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 13:31:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 15:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 15:32:
I don't think any high intelligence would put "mass genocide" on it's to-do list... at least not intentionally and unprovoked. So there is that.
Actually, this is part of the problem. There is no reason to believe any created intelligence would share our values. Unless we somehow manage to integrate them, which when you actually think about it, isn't an easy thing to do. So, if you suddenly have something which thinks much faster than you, but has no morals or sense of right and wrong.... well, the problems are obvious.

Right, and as Asimov is always so fond of pointing out (60 years ago!), the AI can always interpret specific prime directives thinking it's doing the right thing when it's in fact causing harm.

Only when the prime directives are a logical paradox, and we know already which 3 prime directives NOT to use

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2017, 16:08 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 14:41:
Simon Says wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 13:44:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 13:05:
I kind of doubt the T-Rex would have been a successful predator if it couldn't move above a slow walk. DO they think it perched in trees and jumped down on unsuspecting prey? Or hid in the bushes until something just walked into its jaws?

If the T-Rex couldn't run, I doubt the brachiosaurs and the other giant grazers could either, in the past it was just assumed that they did like they assumed the T-Rex did.

It is also possible that the T-Rex wasn't a predator after all, but a scavenger, eating already dead animals killed by other, more nimble carnivores. Its quite easy to imagine a T-Rex stumbling upon a corpse being eaten by raptor-like dinosaurs, scaring the latters away to claim the corpse as his own, or simply sharing it, profiting from the smaller dinosaurs successfull hunt.

In another article I read, it said the herbivore contepmoraries of TRex like diplodocus and triceratops were slower than 12 mph.

Makes perfect sense too, they didn't have roads to walk on after all. For most of the big ones, rain+mud was probably a mortal danger.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2017, 11:52 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 11:40:
The Sheeran thing was so pointless and distracting. I watch fantasy to get an escape from reality, not see pointless cameos that break suspension of disbelief. At least in the past when they've cast musical artists there's been some attempt to costume them nearly to the point that I can barely notice. The rumor is that he was the actresses favorite artist or something so I guess he totally deserves to be there instead of an actual actor. Just get her something signed or introduce them, don't inflict it on everyone else.

Game of Thrones is so consistently high quality that something like this is pretty glaring which is why people went nuts online about it. Oh well, its all going to be over soon enough. I'm pretty happy with the direction the show has taken overall.

I didn't know who he was and the scene worked for me... and aside that, I actually listened to the song and instantly recognized it, it was a HUGE nod towards the book reading audience... and they are for sure not complaining who was cast for that singer role. ^^

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jul 19, 2017, 01:38 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 01:21:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 21:43:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 20:12:
Maybe GRRM doesn't want to play a game about a game?

Gotta wonder which games he even means.. there is only 1, and that one wasn't that great...

Hmm, this list shows a bunch. And there are mods, of course.

That's a list bringing back a lot of bad memories... there is a pretty interesting looking board game coming though

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 18, 2017, 22:02 eRe4s3r

3rd party keyboard that can run ads without problems = 3rd party that knows all your passwords, and everything you ever typed...

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II Preorder Bonus
4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Preorder Bonus Jul 18, 2017, 21:56 eRe4s3r

4th proper race is Skaven So yeah, I am sold if that is the case...  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 18, 2017, 21:43 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 20:12:
Maybe GRRM doesn't want to play a game about a game?

Gotta wonder which games he even means.. there is only 1, and that one wasn't that great...

19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2017, 15:32 eRe4s3r

I don't think any high intelligence would put "mass genocide" on it's to-do list... at least not intentionally and unprovoked. So there is that.

However, I am not so sure the same would apply to ALIEN intelligences, with different thought concepts a different perception comes, and that could swing either way.... I refuse to believe that any alien intelligence would be by default "EVIL" though, you don't harm your cat or dog, so why would a higher intelligence (compared to us) harm us? Whether we would be happy with that role.. well let me tell you, I'd be very happy with the life my cat has.... ^^

News Comments > Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown
7. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 17, 2017, 23:39 eRe4s3r

For the most part ^^  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 22:27 eRe4s3r

warmbluelasers wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 16:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 09:03:
Mhh, World of Tanks has the same issue, play on Ultra low = you can see through walls (because they ain't rendering) and foliage stops displaying entirely after a distance, you think you sit in a bush with your tank? Other player sees you on the open field with no cover.

Broken by design ;P

I think you're confusing two competing titles. What you describe is a problem in War Thunder and the new "ultra low" setting. In War Thunder vehicles are always rendered so removing occlusion objects like trees and walls, and making everything a solid mass of color really makes targets stand out at long ranges.

Visibility in World of Tanks works by the server refusing to send information to the client. Removing walls and trees doesn't do any good when the server refuses to tell you where tanks are. That used to be it's own special sort of bullshit, with tanks being completely invisible even at close range.

You are of course right I confused the 2...

News Comments > Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown
5. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 17, 2017, 22:12 eRe4s3r

This is golden, Ubisoft running an EA refund scam?

How would anyone get a refund with more than 2 hours played? Manually? What if they don't see that news item? And wow, that wording is downright hilariously subconsciously malicious. "offering" to those "who feel they are owed them" , that PR person was having a passive aggressive phase or something.

wow

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 17, 2017, 10:47 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 10:06:
Found a better link for the MPC-HC sad farewell. https://mpc-hc.org/2017/07/16/1.7.13-released-and-farewell/

MPC-HC development halts, but not LAV Filter development, you can update it manually easily, it doesn't need a recompile or any developer working on MPC-HC for this.... just grab both x64 and x86 zips, unpack in MPC-HC folder = victory.

https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

MPC-HC with LAV and MADVR as it is now is already perfect anyway, the file formats and codecs are supported via LAV, not via MPC-HC

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2017, 09:33 eRe4s3r

Icewind wrote on Jul 16, 2017, 23:49:
A female Dr. Who isn't retconning, since the Master - his arch nemesis - regenerated as a female too. However, I do think that the timing of this smacks of capitulation, "let's get more females into the fandom" manipulation, and a passionate attempt to appeal to the "diversity or death" crowd.

I stopped watching a few episodes into Capaldi's Who though, since he was by far the least exciting Dr Who since the series' revival began.

I'll tune in for a few eps and see if Whittaker is any good, but the whole situation seems like an attention grab to me. Especially after the ratings during Capaldi's reign went down.

The real problem of Doctor Who is that you can sum up the plot progress in 2 sentences, for the entire season. And that they wasted 6 episodes on 1 plot point

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial
20. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial Jul 17, 2017, 09:06 eRe4s3r

Redmask wrote on Jul 16, 2017, 17:09:
Mass Effect Chat in the mofuckin Mass Effect thread: is the DLC to this actually cancelled? I recall a rumor saying it was. I was curious to see if Bioware Montreal could redeem themselves with the DLC but its looking increasingly like they've been put on patch support and that no DLC will come. Didn't they sell a Season Pass with this? I wonder if people will get refunds.

Fucking base game is boring ass shit and the multiplayer is repetitive/bad but there is potential if nothing else.

I hope Anthem is good otherwise EA is going to Maxis the shit out of Bioware.

If you don't hear anything about DLC when the CES 2017 happens then you can assume ME:A is dead to EA, bit too early to really say though. But as others have said, they gonna push their Anthem game, which is fine I guess if it has SP, but I won't be playing an OPEN WORLD coop game online ever. The gameplay design for SOLO play is always shit in such games -.-

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 09:03 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 07:51:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 07:39:
I still don't see why people are so enamored with playerunknowns battlegrounds. Just another copycat from a multitude of other similar survival games. When all your opposition has to do is turn off some graphics details to see anyone hiding in the tall grass, you know it is another POS!
1. Game is in Early Access, the devs are aware of this issue plus many others.
2. Players buy games to have fun and players are buying this game.
3. see one

Mhh, World of Tanks has the same issue, play on Ultra low = you can see through walls (because they ain't rendering) and foliage stops displaying entirely after a distance, you think you sit in a bush with your tank? Other player sees you on the open field with no cover.

Broken by design

Ps.: NO idea whether that game will fix this issue, but it ain't a simple thing to fix ^^

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2017, 16:53 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 15, 2017, 15:13:
are they eating them?

Why else would you feed anything with pig in the name?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2017, 10:19 eRe4s3r

For some reason this article made me hungry...  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 15, 2017, 09:38 eRe4s3r

Probably because SMS 2-factor is really 0-factor, due to SS7 attacks. The advice nowadays is to NEVER use SMS for 2-factor anything security wise.  

11761 Comments. 589 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo