Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10033 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 16, 2016, 07:17 eRe4s3r

You mean the voice you wish you never ever hear more than once?

My navigation software (google maps specifically) also has a very bossy voice. I don't like it.. can see why it's used though, you can hear it over nearly everything.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Layers of Fear Released
8. Re: Layers of Fear Released Feb 16, 2016, 06:01 eRe4s3r

To be honest Alien Isolation and original Dead Space were the only real horror games I ever played and felt scared by, well, before that maybe Doom 3 too, which I found incredibly scary for some reason (especially the beginning)

You just can't shake the feeling you are being watched in Alien Isolation which makes every moment creepy, and makes some of the forced "fight" scenes (you obtaining the scanner is a great example) incredibly retarded though.

Nor can you ever quiet grasp WTF is going on in the original Dead Space, and exploring the giant mining vessel is truly interesting and you encounter some truly bat shit insane environments, Dead Space to me, excelled not through normal scary visuals or gameplay, but by AUDIO design alone. Seriously, just stand still in Dead Space 1 and listen to the ship noises. It also had, and this is very rare, REALLY good positional audio. I have a proper 5.1 setup and if a game gets this right I hear the sound where it is supposed to in the game. This made Deadspace uber creepy. especially the engine room (that engine noise/whine haunts me to this day.. you know, because it moved, behind me, which meant I couldn't hear enemies behind me)

I will gladly repeat myself, but give me an open world Dead Space or Alien Isolation where the threat can be random and where the spread and effect is also randomized. Where danger CAN be lurking around every corner, but also where you might encounter NPC's who have no clue that anything is wrong, yet. And especially where you can explore (looking at Alien Isolation again, "remove the Alien" mod was the best thing that ever happened to that game, I missed SOOOOOO many of the cool unique details) This normalcy in contrast to the abnormality of the situation "outside" (ie. The Alien in Isolation,p) is a big factor when you want to mull people into feeling genuinely creeped out.

I don't understand why Indy devs haven't jumped on this and merged randomized open world survival horror with rogue-lite elements...

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 16, 2016, 05:42 eRe4s3r

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 02:25:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 01:15:
??? Unix time can handle negative numbers just fine in fact that is literally the way it handles pre 1970 dates.

So if the iBrick behaves like that, Apple SERIOUSLY fucked up the unix time implementation. (if that is the cause at all)

I think the real question here is "why the fuck would you tell your phone it's 1970?". There's no useful reason whatsoever. Why does the phone even have that option? It shouldn't allow you to set the time to anything before when the phone COULD have been manufactured.
Anyone have a legitimate reason someone would change the date on their phone by decades?

I doubt there are legitimate reasons, but the fact is this can be easily exploited by shady apps and malicious "friends" aka, total dicks you should shove down a bridge at the next opportunity

It just is a generally befuddling error, because the unix time library is well maintained, you can NOT fuck this up even if you tried. So I think Apple did how Apple does, and coded their own thing.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 16, 2016, 04:07 eRe4s3r

Further proof why Bitcoin is not a currency alternative  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 16, 2016, 04:00 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 01:18:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 20:59:
Accused terrorists have more options in court then a Copy-right infringement defendant it seems.

If they had their way, you could commit manslaughter and be out earlier.

That's what happens when you privatize the prison system Higher penalties for less violent crimes. More violence = less penalty (because you cost more as violent inmate)

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 16, 2016, 01:15 eRe4s3r

??? Unix time can handle negative numbers just fine in fact that is literally the way it handles pre 1970 dates.

So if the iBrick behaves like that, Apple SERIOUSLY fucked up the unix time implementation. (if that is the cause at all)

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 16, 2016, 00:50 eRe4s3r

Pretty much this. We've seen how that other recent DnD "RPG" worked, which isn't even a real RPG  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2016, 15:02 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 13:29:
PHJF wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 10:36:
Deadpool opens to $135,000,000 domestic, crushing the previous R-rated record set by Matrix Reloaded over ten years ago.
Wait, I thought you could only make money in the movie biZ by marketing to 13 year olds. Certainly it was a typo.

Psssht.. let the movie studios believe 13 year olds have the most disposable income.

Also applies to many game developers.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 15, 2016, 14:38 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 11:52:
I don't understand why people buy smart tvs. They offer virtually no benefit over an external box, complicate the ui, underpowered, drive up the price of the tv, cant's be shut off and have limited upgradability. The icing is having a shittastic company like Samsung datamining me.

Heh, when I walk through electronic stores 100% of the TV's are smart-tv's.. there are no "dumb" TV's to buy, least here.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 15, 2016, 14:12 eRe4s3r

Witcher 3 and engaging story are not 2 things that come to mind... admit it, how much were you dicking around NOT doing the absurdly convoluted main quest line? Open world games generally never win writing awards, for good reason.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 15, 2016, 14:08 eRe4s3r

So what you are really saying is my cat should be worried

There are no governments that will allow 50% or more unemployment so I doubt robotic replacement of jobs will be a thing even if that's what doomsday (or Utopia?) prophecies say And if it happens those countries will close down borders (already happening in Europe, EU is closing down exterior borders hard) and put a universal wage up that everyone gets, including guarantee of food, living space, electricity and water. That way robots can do shit and humans could actually do something really productive for a change, cultural development that is.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 15, 2016, 10:46 eRe4s3r

I see nothing wrong with either of those robot news stories. But until there is a robot that can make coffee, buy Döner, make my bed and replace my cat this is all bullshit  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 14, 2016, 15:48 eRe4s3r

Well you can block the IP's of telemetry services in router or firewall outside of Windows and that fixes that mostly. It just takes for-frigging-ever to sort through that mess.

So far I have about 80 ips blacklisted, and the average net traffic when I stop the WSUS service is more or less zero. Still requires more tweaking... the problem is Windows uses regional IP stuff and many many rotating IP's

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 14, 2016, 15:37 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 15:21:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 13:25:
But it's not really enough content, and let's face it, ETS2 + ProMOD is where trucking is at, you can even drive your American trucks if you want, and more than 2 too

Just think these 2 areas they picked first are the absolute most boring ones possible. Nothing even remotely like crunching through the alps or insane snowy side roads in Scandinavia (in Promod or the DLC)

Oh shit I didn't know that. Scand has proper winter weather?!

No, the official DLC alone doesn't sadly but you can have proper winter stuff here -> http://ets2.lt/en/?s=winter+mod

Personally I think Scandinavia is pretty expensive for what little it offers. Promod or TSM are superior in every way (but both require Scandinavia), and at least promod had some crazy side-roads in the DLC maps.

Back when I played in 1.15, whenever I traveled to Scandinavia I activated snow mod, when I traveled back I deactivated it. Worked mostly fine, except it always reset my position

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Feb 14, 2016, 14:12 eRe4s3r

Picasa desktop app (The thing most people who used this used apparently) will continue to work just fine though  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 14, 2016, 14:09 eRe4s3r

You need a *work* visa to play in a video tournament? How? Do these players have work contracts? Health insurance? Social security?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 14, 2016, 13:25 eRe4s3r

But it's not really enough content, and let's face it, ETS2 + ProMOD is where trucking is at, you can even drive your American trucks if you want, and more than 2 too

Just think these 2 areas they picked first are the absolute most boring ones possible. Nothing even remotely like crunching through the alps or insane snowy side roads in Scandinavia (in Promod or the DLC)

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Feb 14, 2016, 05:15 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 02:32:
From the article:

Recently eroge manga artist Toshio Maeda had commented that the media spends more time worried about the fictional rights of anime women than the real rights of human beings.

In the face of the greatest refugee crisis in post ww2 history that is in many ways quite cynical as well. The UN, knowing what proper priorities are since, never.

News Comments > Order of Battle: US Marines Beta
5. Re: Order of Battle: US Marines Beta Feb 13, 2016, 15:59 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 14:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 14:40:
Unknown Soldier wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 14:24:
the next expansion is paying tribute to one of the most famous branches of the US Army: the Marines!

I really hope, for their sake, that was a joke. Otherwise I fear for the safety of the dev team.

Enlighten us foreigners what you mean. Isn't the USMC part of the US armed forces?

It's part of the armed forces but not the army: Marines are navy.

Thanks That's an odd mistake to make by a dev that makes historical wargames

By the way, it seems they noticed now and edited it

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2016, 16:05.

News Comments > Order of Battle: US Marines Beta
2. Re: Order of Battle: US Marines Beta Feb 13, 2016, 14:40 eRe4s3r

Unknown Soldier wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 14:24:
the next expansion is paying tribute to one of the most famous branches of the US Army: the Marines!

I really hope, for their sake, that was a joke. Otherwise I fear for the safety of the dev team.

Enlighten us foreigners what you mean. Isn't the USMC part of the US armed forces?

10033 Comments. 502 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo