Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12147 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2017, 11:19 eRe4s3r

So rather than hiring a random dude to operate a PC or laptop or tablet or even smart-phone (all those things can access that opiod tracking website) (aka, a secretary) she gives up her work and patients?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2017, 07:29 eRe4s3r

If you are confused about DST, just call it summer and winter time like everyone else. Winter time is the real time by the way, Summer time is the fake time.

I would be for generally keeping summer time (by shifting the time zone -1) and problem solved.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 5, 2017, 06:32 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 16:22:
I waited 7 hours because I LIKE SCREEN BURN-IN COLOR CHANGE.
Ah ha ha ha

You forgot COLOR CHANGE

News Comments > Over $1M Paid to Rust Community Skin Authors
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 4, 2017, 23:32 eRe4s3r

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 15:28:
verybad1 wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 13:56:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 11:50:
*Disclaimer* I'm not a Rust player or modder.

Something tells me $1 million is a small fraction of what the Rust developers took in from those skins.

Don't know, don't play Rust, but the people making those skins probably enjoyed it, some were probably learning to potentially become professionals (not part time that is) and they wouldn't have made any money in many other games that don't pay back...so.

It's the same workshop system as TF2. I don't hear any of them complaining, so apparently it is a decent system for those involved.

I certainly heard a lot of TF2 modders complaining that Valve is ripping them off hard since 2016, but maybe because it comes as part of the job. Many big names even pulled out and stopped making assets.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 4, 2017, 23:29 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 22:19:
Another bullshit headline from gamasutra. Games revenue hasn't slowed to a crawl at Microsoft, games revenue GROWTH has slowed to a crawl. And really, who ever sees that coming on the eve of them releasing a new SKU?

Wtf has happened to gamasutra? They used to write really good shit, and now it seems like it's the garbage reject bin from IGN.

Even better is that it still increased by a whole % which is huge (considering the size of the market, that's a clean $100m or at least 2 hit games just from MS, and before the release of a new system this is incredible good market performance.

So yeah, gotta agree with you. This is one of the dumbest gamasutra headlines since gamergate.

News Comments > Over $1M Paid to Rust Community Skin Authors
10. Re: Over $1M Paid to Rust Community Skin Authors Nov 4, 2017, 23:08 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 18:58:
What the heck is Rust?

Well, either an 4 year old Early Access game or a "really annoying to smooth out of a bicycle iron frame" oxidation layer.

News Comments > Runic Closed, Motiga Layoffs
5. Re: Runic Closed, Motiga Layoffs Nov 3, 2017, 21:08 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 20:52:
Hope they cleaned up when they sold the company, this was a predictable outcome.

Predictable to us cynical watchers, but you'd be surprised how naive game developers are.

Then again, if they had done Torchlight 3 with a better graphics engine* than TL2, especially after Diablo 3 was so meh for so long, they could be swimming in money, but they decided not to... oh well

It's just another dead developer now

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 3, 2017, 02:32 eRe4s3r

Considering CCP is always brought up as an example when it comes to things you don't ever do in VR because they make people sick this is kinda funny CCP never took VR seriously but only regarded it as a cashgrab...  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 2, 2017, 12:03 eRe4s3r

Time to unlist Comodo CA as a trusted SSL cert then  

News Comments > Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins
1. Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 1, 2017, 20:45 eRe4s3r

30 fps on 144hz screen looks like complete shit though... just saying  

News Comments > Spintires: MudRunner Rolls Out
9. Re: Confused Oct 31, 2017, 23:54 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 22:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 22:31:
A spintires game? So not by the original developers?

Also how is this naming scheme legal?

It is the original developer, he got screwed over for the first Spin Tires. I presume he owned the name but it's weird that the video has the name the other way around from Steam and the press release. I don't know the details of the screw-over, but here's a quote from the ever-reliable Steam reviews section:

Oovee is the original publisher and stopped paying the Developer.

The Dev, Pavel Zagrebelny, luckily owns the rights to the game engine and has done some work on it despite not being paid.
For him to give us these updates, he had to go through a DIFFERENT PUBLISHER to get it out to us.
The original Spintires will NEVER receive an update ever again as Oovee has taken the money from that game and started an entirely new business that has nothing to do with video games.

The new publisher isn't just going to do all the work of setting everything up for this Dev and not make any money. For sure you understand every business needs to make money, right?

Now that Pavel Zagrebelny is working with a new publisher, you will start seeing regular updates to this game.

Thanks, that's one hell of a background to this... so this is basically the actual Spintires game now, and the old one was the scam.

What a shitty thing to do to a developer though.

News Comments > Spintires: MudRunner Rolls Out
7. Confused Oct 31, 2017, 22:31 eRe4s3r

A spintires game? So not by the original developers?

Also how is this naming scheme legal?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 21, 2017, 20:17 eRe4s3r

Isn't the Iphone 8 a rebrand of the Iphone 7 ? Or am i confused Because I can't tell the both devices apart from screenshot, seriously.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 20, 2017, 20:11 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 19:48:
Well, off they go to WikiLeaks and the NYT. Was that the intended consequence?

With Trump there are only unintended consequences

News Comments > Steam Link on the Cheap
4. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Oct 20, 2017, 15:20 eRe4s3r

Bitterbug wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 10:30:
Steam Link is absolutely awesome --- when it works.
They often fail for no discernible reason and using the reset options is hit or miss. But the streaming quality is fantastic, so on sale you can get your money's worth.

Mhh I had a lot of troubles with it until I switched to a 1070 GTX and a wired connection.. since then streaming quality (at 1080p) has increased tremendously... it's hard to believe but when I am streaming movies playing on host via KODI (via steamlink) I can't tell any quality loss... so I am still happy with mine bought on release

And that thing is a real life saver when your monitor dies, you can still access your desktop with it... which saved my bacon

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released
8. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released Oct 18, 2017, 07:42 eRe4s3r

Nucas wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 03:33:
does anyone else tune out "comedy games" or is it just me?

i think it may be an inherent fault of mine, though. i realized tonight when i was browsing netflix that i never really seek out stand-up, 'funny' movies, etc. like i'll watch it if it's on and have a chuckle but in general i'd rather take in other things if given the choice.

Nah you are most definitely not alone, I love humor but a movie focused exclusively on it bores me to death. And games, well I never really grasped South Park humor so these games do nothing for me in that regard, they just crazy strange RPG's and for that I like them

News Comments > Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction
15. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 17, 2017, 23:18 eRe4s3r

And... another studio EA killed  

News Comments > ELEX Released
2. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 10:10 eRe4s3r

It's not actually released.... unlock is in 3 hours... just saying  

23. Re: Ophelia Oct 16, 2017, 04:51 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 01:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 00:10:
I have nothing bad to say about this storm, it brings 25C warm desert air and a nice breeze to my area. Without it, temperature would be 9C or lower. And it lasts the entire week.

That's because you live 500 miles away from the path of the storm.

Just goes to show, one persons "oh my god the world is ending" storm is another persons "oh, nice, sunshine and blue skies" in October (We Germans call this "Golden October" because that's how our storm situations usually pan out) ;p

But we had our storm last week, and it was pretty severe, so don't think I am not taking storms seriously, but from O to E (October to Eastern) storms are perfectly normal in this region. This one is neither the strongest (when it hits) nor the first (had already 3 storms before this one, weaker but still severe). This is hugely unusual insofar as the temperatures had been really low the past weeks, and only last week storm changed climate conditions to even allow this hurricane to form like this.

And imo it's far worse that my CRT blew up last week (right during the storm too) so now I have finally ponied up some cash for a 27" 1440p 144hz screen with gsync ;p

Anyhow, hope the brits are gonna be alright, our winter storms are always kinda scary.

17. Ophelia Oct 16, 2017, 00:10 eRe4s3r

I have nothing bad to say about this storm, it brings 25C warm desert air and a nice breeze to my area. Without it, temperature would be 9C or lower. And it lasts the entire week.

12147 Comments. 608 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo