Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9861 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2016, 07:26 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 23:46:
I wonder how to get Netflix with a ton of Japanese content.

It's called nyaa.se or CrunchyRoll.... aside that, same problem. Japanese content beyond Anime flat out does not get licensed properly outside of Japan. Even though they make some damn fine TV shows.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2016, 01:25 eRe4s3r

Razor Core is satire, right?

Did someone at Razor actually check whether run of the mill USB controllers on laptops are rated for bandwidth like that?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2016, 01:02 eRe4s3r

The joke is that Denuvo is so hardcore that not once did it ever work for me properly...

Every, SINGLE fucking patch for any Denuvo game I have to manually "authorize" my legally owned game, by clicking on the button that pops up, which opens a website, there have to copy a page full of shit and paste it in the window that now popped up. And hope I didn't miss any character by mass selecting...

Every, SINGLE patch. I preferred Starforce over this crap, and yes, Just Cause 3 included ~.~ which is by the way total garbage game and totally inferior to Just Cause 2 in every way.

The best part, it usually tries to authorize for a good 2 minutes before the error pops up.. even when a game is started through steam, you know, that online service, that requires you to be online. Denuvo devs apparently can not even manage a simple HTTP connection on port 80.. because you know, rocket science?

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2016, 01:08.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
52. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 5, 2016, 14:31 eRe4s3r

Heh.. but to call Pillars of mass slaughter (the Addon 1/2 is 99% combat and has horrid writing) a hope for the future of gaming for us more, let's say, experienced RPGamers, is pretty ballsy ,) I've played better JRPG's actually. And that is just sad.

A game that only existed because of nostalgia, and reminded everyone of the things we really didn't want in a future "better than" Baldurs Gate game.... Torment 2 if anything is the real hope, faint hope...

And beyond RPG's and racing games the gaming landscape looks substantially more shitty. You seen a decent ship or submarine sim lately?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 5, 2016, 14:24 eRe4s3r

Well, how do they say.. Karma is a bitch What goes around comes around...  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
22. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 13:43 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 13:26:
Gadzooks wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 12:11:
My son asked me, "Why does EA keep selling such bad games?"

my answer to him now would be, "Because over 12M people are still willing to buy it."

My son liked it a lot, and bugs me every now and then to get it. Also, he's 8.

That really says everything about who these games are marketed at and made for. Nobody from my active PC BF4 friends list owns or plays the game (and only 6 of 82 play Hardline) so Dice is really making console garbage nowadays.. while PC MP FPS gamers pass on it. Oh well

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 4, 2016, 13:05 eRe4s3r

That Polaris preview is pretty weird.. a 950 running SW BF at 60fps? maybe on medium graphic settings... but certainly not on Ultra This means they frame-capped their demo which is something you should remember when comparing these numbers, NVIDIA gpu doesn't cap itself in SW BF, it runs full power, and on medium much faster than 60FPS (80 to 90) so their offering uses 86W but how much was the performance range beyond 60 fps? You'd think a chip they wanna sell in a few months is a bit more tangible than this.

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 2016, 13:11.

News Comments > Garry's Mod Sells 10M
9. Re: Garry's Mod Sells 10M Jan 4, 2016, 05:12 eRe4s3r

I have to admit, as much as I like things like KSP and even Minecraft, I never got wtf the point of Garry's Mod was...

But 10 million sales is pretty damn impressive

News Comments > PC Killer Instinct a Windows 10 Exclusive
24. Re: PC Killer Instinct a Windows 10 Exclusive Jan 4, 2016, 03:40 eRe4s3r

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 21:54:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 20:02:
Without having read the article, I can say that I already smell the DLC.

It's a F2P game, so yes, there's shit to purchase.

I dunno, I have an Xbone and I tried the demo (only one character is free, never changes, always Jago). Wasn't super impressed.

Not worried about the exclusivity. Moved to Windows 10, have had zero problems beyond the first day, when it saw both of my video cards as one card and refused to work properly until I uninstalled the "card". Works fine, boots crazy fast and, most amazingly, didn't shit itself during the upgrade. All my software still works! That's a first, I think.

Did they seriously make a f2p fighting game where you have to buy shit just to have more than 1 character to select and then target it at an OS that has less userbase than Windows7, Windows8 and Windows XP each?

It's GFWL style nonsense all over again Love it

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Jan 3, 2016, 04:18 eRe4s3r

Talos Principle is the only game I grabbed of that sale event Love it  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2016, 03:31 eRe4s3r

Where are the PC screens with OLED though... who cares about TV, as if I could tell the difference from 4m away. But I want a proper desktop OLED ^^  

News Comments > Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift
20. Re: Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift Jan 2, 2016, 02:44 eRe4s3r

Tom wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 16:39:
It seems everyone is skeptical about this game until they try it, then they love it. Palmer Luckey is no fool. He wouldn't bundle it just because they named it Lucky's Tale. Right?

I haven't played this particular game and I am kind of skeptical about it, but I can recognize that it's probably something a large number of people would enjoy. I've been pleasantly surprised by other stuff in VR. The whole "third person in VR" thing really does work. But it's hard to understand before trying it - kind of like VR in general, but even more so. So it might take some extra time for this sort of thing to become popular.

How does VR work in 3rd person view with a controlled camera? Do you not get instantly a trip to pukeville if the camera sways even a TINY bit?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 31, 2015, 15:40 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 15:17:
"began" to die. It's really still a long way from dying completely. Sadly.

Sadly indeed...

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Dec 31, 2015, 04:43 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 03:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 02:35:
The funny thing is that Daesh would grow infinitely in strength if a single western soldier entered Syria to fight on the side of Assad which would be the only side Russia would accept foreign intervention on. Do you realize that is exactly what Daesh wants? Once they can say "those are all invaders" they'd have the rebels and Saudi Arabia on their side. And Russia would only protect Assad, I doubt you'd see Russia protect US ground troops....

Anyone who thinks there is a western military solution to Syria/Iraq and yes, Afghanistan is lacking historical background knowledge.

Also war nowadays is not against other nations anymore... asymmetrical war can not be won with drone or air strikes without massive ground troops but in the same way you can not sent western ground troops into Syria.. it'd be suicide.

Russia is only interested in two things:

1. Propping up Assad. Which is a shame, seeing that Daesh is the much larger and much better funded regional threat. Also, Russia wouldn't be losing precious military assets if going after Daesh, since bombing Syrian Turkmen tends to piss off Turkey enough to shoot down your planes. Also, it pisses off the Turkmen.

2. Showcasing Russian military wares. You don't launch super expensive cruise missiles from the Caspian when dropping dumb bombs from Sukhois costs a tenth the price. You do it to show off your military prowess in hopes of making sales.

Yeah, and by propping Assad and establishing local air control Russia made the play that everyone else has to follow. Russia is there legally, authorized by the elected "dictatorment", unlike literally any other combat aircraft in Syrian airspace who don't even have any UN mandate. So Russia could in theory close the air-space and shoot anything down, if it wanted and if Assad asked nicely.... you don't put air superiority fighters within Syria just to show them off for no reason after all... so the thought must have crossed the planning staff in Russia After all, who has planes in Syria that need S400's as AA? Sure as hell not Daesh or the rebels.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 31, 2015, 03:24 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 22:03:
I was thinking of installing win 10 before it stops being free. How are you all finding it?

Once you stop the spying.. pretty nice

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Dec 31, 2015, 02:35 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 22:10:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 18:23:
harlock wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 14:32:
war isnt nation vs nation.. its man vs man - thats why its such a fucking horror...

nobody understands shit until it happens to them and thats the problem - they are locked into their own little world, mistakenly imagining it to be the whole wide world out there - and everybody does this, confusing their own private bullshit for how "it really is" because they cant accept how insignificant they really are in the actual BIG scheme of things... every little personal thing has to be universally relevant - its just ass-backwards

Lot of truth in that. War is nation to nation and man to man imo. Yeah I'm pretty disgusted how too many people are ok with war as if it's a spectacle and if someone looks at you wrong... WAR!, especially when it isn't any of theirs. I honestly I'm hung up on why people want machine guns in their home and think that is an ideal world to live in and/or think the boogie man is coming to get them and then praise be to the God of Love, Jesus. Hmmm...
There was an interesting survey the other day. 65% of the people thought we needed boots on the ground to battle ISIS. However 65% of people said they had no interest personally in joining the military to ensure that the job got done.

The funny thing is that Daesh would grow infinitely in strength if a single western soldier entered Syria to fight on the side of Assad which would be the only side Russia would accept foreign intervention on. Do you realize that is exactly what Daesh wants? Once they can say "those are all invaders" they'd have the rebels and Saudi Arabia on their side. And Russia would only protect Assad, I doubt you'd see Russia protect US ground troops....

Anyone who thinks there is a western military solution to Syria/Iraq and yes, Afghanistan is lacking historical background knowledge.

Also war nowadays is not against other nations anymore... asymmetrical war can not be won with drone or air strikes without massive ground troops but in the same way you can not sent western ground troops into Syria.. it'd be suicide.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 31, 2015, 01:29 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 01:26:
And how would you know a site has those unless you visit it in the first place?

It crashes your Firefox 42/43 Aside that, you can't know.. which is why a single malicious post containing a haxored GIF can currently crash an entire sites firefox using userbase/ currently = up to 43.0.3

(I guess now you know why the bug is hidden ,p)

PaleMoon is not affected.

Ps.: Have to mention this, but in the post where I read about it, it wasn't clear whether it was just a crash, or whether this bug can be used to reroute the crash report as well. From the sound of it, and the fact that they hid the actual bug report, you can assume it is a high priority critical issue. Should be fixed in 43.0.4 btw

PPs.: Btw, that also means Firefox on Android users are at risk for much longer, better to use default browser or whatever..

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2015, 01:46.

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 31, 2015, 01:18 eRe4s3r

Rhett wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 00:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 00:39:
Until you see bug 1235605 fixed in Mozilla Firefox do not access any sites with areas where users can post direct opening images!

Direct opening images?

Embedded images ,)

Embedded = opened and parsed by your browser in frame. Meaning, yes, profile images (that are GIFS) could also be used to crash your phone or PC (firefox) browser. Not yet fixed either sadly ;/

Ps.: Sorry, should have said embedded gif

And yes, that means if you were figuring out how to prepare a gif a certain way (the bug is hidden for a reason and I am not linking to the twitter source of the exploit), a single profile pic on bluesnews could crash all firefox users...

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2015, 01:28.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 31, 2015, 00:39 eRe4s3r

Until you see bug 1235605 fixed in Mozilla Firefox do not access any sites with areas where users can post direct opening images!  

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Dec 30, 2015, 16:58 eRe4s3r

Also made it crash 10 times more likely.. at least if you added that mod mid-game ,)  

9861 Comments. 494 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo