Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12152 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2017, 01:07 eRe4s3r

That FCC story is pretty dismal...

Also firefox really is faster, also uses 30% more ram.. nearly on par with Chrome now.. sigh.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Free-to-Play Launch
2. Re: StarCraft II Free-to-Play Launch Nov 15, 2017, 00:55 eRe4s3r

Shock wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 22:00:
But now, since I own Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm, the only option for getting last campaign is to bu the whole thing, costing me more than it would have yesterday.

To be fair, if you still want the 3rd campaign you can buy it on keysites for around 20$ bit odd that blizzard is basically giving them the whole market for the 3rd expansion but whatever. Battlechest 2.0 30$ from a quick look... b.net is always more expensive, it's the "you buy on their site" premium

The blizzard store removed all campaign listings though.... all you can now buy is the campaign collection, for 40$ .. hehe

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Nov 15, 2017, 00:37 eRe4s3r

As a European my standard MO when hearing "official" gov sources claim anything is mistrust and disbelief anyway.... when Russia says "It was not us" then it was usually Russia, and when it says "it was us" then it was probably someone they had no control over but secretly supported.

Mind you, this applies to any party in an armed conflict.... truth is the first casualty of conflict.

News Comments > A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Announced
1. Re: A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Announced Nov 14, 2017, 21:59 eRe4s3r

Before you get all hyped, note the "saga"
Sea battles are in
Atilla engine spin-off
Won't be full price
Stand-alone....

Also means, Atilla engine AI .. so yay

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
22. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 13:55 eRe4s3r

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 13:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 13:00:
You get the credits needed to unlock Iden, but you don't have any left for his abilities which you can only find in chests... so you can play Iden with (literally) no abilities or you can buy chests and get abilities for heroes you might not ever actually unlock.

I think beating up corporate greed is always OK, but in this case it's a really shitty move by EA to pad progression, they should give Iden with all abilities unlockable through in-game actions.. but no...

Ps.: Firefox spellcheck does not know the word "unlockable" ;p

This can't be true can it? Is it seriously that retarded?

It is, to get abilities for the ability slots (3 of them per hero) you need to find them in chests. Then you get common abilities usually, and you need to upgrade them with scrap (also tied to global rank and hero rank)

So we are clear, completing the campaign gives you a loot box with credits, nothing more. And heroes unlock ability slots not by you playing them, but by the amount of boosters cards you have for them. Freshly unlocked Iden has either 1 or none slots (I kinda forgot it at this point ,p) either way, you don't get a fully unlocked skill selection for a hero when you unlock em.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 14, 2017, 13:10 eRe4s3r

Retired wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 12:40:
Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 12:28:
Apple supporters are such assholes. What a fucking vain clown he is. Why not just buy a rugged phone for a tenth of the price and not have to worry about a goddamned phone to begin with? The stupidity and vanity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Wait....what? He "ruined" it because he is a tool and bought a crappy case for it? But....can't....wtf......JUST TAKE IT OFF!

/Apple Idiots

Obviously he cannot take it off, it's bound to his Apple based reality distortion field. To take it off he'd have to summon Demogorgon via goat sacrifices during a blood moon, pledge his first 5 born children to the demon and then cross-dress for a month.

/s

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Matchmaking Changes
2. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Matchmaking Changes Nov 14, 2017, 13:03 eRe4s3r

theglaze wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 11:12:
More like “Salt Factor”..

No, it's a good change, cheaters buy the cheapest game on steam (some obscure indy title) to get active legit account and then they buy CS:GO and cheat for 4 weeks, ban repeat. Costs like 3$ a month due to russians having worthless currency and prices adapt to that.

An account with only CS:GO played should throw up all 99 red flags, if cheat reports are massive and from OWN team then they get banned. Sounds fair to me.

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
18. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 13:00 eRe4s3r

You get the credits needed to unlock Iden, but you don't have any left for his abilities which you can only find in chests... so you can play Iden with (literally) no abilities or you can buy chests and get abilities for heroes you might not ever actually unlock.

I think beating up corporate greed is always OK, but in this case it's a really shitty move by EA to pad progression, they should give Iden with all abilities unlockable through in-game actions.. but no...

Ps.: Firefox spellcheck does not know the word "unlockable" ;p

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
89. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 22:11 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 18:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 17:11:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 17:03:
Jagacademy wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 16:58:
Disney is probably rethinking this EA partnership at the moment. Tomorrow's headline "Disney attempting to profit off of underage gambling" isn't something they are going to be thrilled about seeing.

The topic isn't about gambling. It's about people complaining about the perceived grind to unlock heroes. The complaints scream laziness.

It took me several days to get a griffon mount in GW2: Path of Fire (it was hard but not impossible). 4 hours to get the legendary Isu Armor in AC: Origins.

TL;DR People don't want to work for things. They want stuff handed to them for no effort.

More like you didn't understand the unlock system in place here before commenting. These "unlocks" include stuff like recoil reduction and health regen delay times and actual abilities (aka grenades, jetpacks, force powers etc.). Those are not visual fluff things, those are game changing things.

And GW2 and AC: Origins are not competitive shooters

Doesn't matter what genre of gaming I pick for comparison. Every type of game has rare and difficult items that should be hard to obtain. If someone wants to unlock Darth Maul or Kylo Ren then they should work hard for those heroes. Their appearance is devalued the moment EA makes it easy to obtain them. If it means grinding in a multiplayer FPS, then so be it. If someone really wants it, they'll do the work.

You strike me as a veteran gamer who is keenly aware of this stuff. I shouldn't need to clarify my comment.

Gated progression isn't bad, not even unwanted in MP shooters, that is true... in fact it's a great motivational factor, but something in Battlefield 4 and BattleFront 2 beta offended me so badly that I needed to voice it. It feels like.. someone is holding a sign in my face that says "You don't like shitty grind? Enter credit card details here" and given that this is EA, this is probably exactly why this system works the way it does. For BF4 the shining example... is the UCAV, you never heard of it? That's because barely anyone knows it exists, it's hard to unlock and if you don't know your stuff you will have no clue what it does... it's however, the best heli pilot | sniper camper | and BF4 noob killing weapon in the game.

And the joke is, after you unlocked a hero (say, it's the first thing you do because you REALLY wanna play as Leia or whatever within a round after doing well...) you don't get any abilities with that unlock. Abilities you only get out of loot chests. After you got them, you then have to use scrap points to UPGRADE the abilities to higher rarities, making them flat out superior (linear increase in % stats) to common tier abilities.

Either way, I get what you meant, unlocking stuff should be some form of challenge, but you can make it fun and motivating to unlock it, or you can make it feel like a nightmare grind from hell. And before this change it was most definitely that, 200 credits per round and 60000c to unlock Vader, WITHOUT ABILITIES, that was a bad joke. You gonna be stuck without abilities for your fancy heroes for dozens of hours.... potentially 50+ hours of game time if you got unlucky chest drops.

And as a veteran gamer (although I think everyone here is a veteran gamer) I think games should be fun, not work

58. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 17:11 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 17:03:
Jagacademy wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 16:58:
Disney is probably rethinking this EA partnership at the moment. Tomorrow's headline "Disney attempting to profit off of underage gambling" isn't something they are going to be thrilled about seeing.

The topic isn't about gambling. It's about people complaining about the perceived grind to unlock heroes. The complaints scream laziness.

It took me several days to get a griffon mount in GW2: Path of Fire (it was hard but not impossible). 4 hours to get the legendary Isu Armor in AC: Origins.

TL;DR People don't want to work for things. They want stuff handed to them for no effort.

More like you didn't understand the unlock system in place here before commenting. These "unlocks" include stuff like recoil reduction and health regen delay times and actual abilities (aka grenades, jetpacks, force powers etc.). Those are not visual fluff things, those are game changing things.

And GW2 and AC: Origins are not competitive shooters

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 13, 2017, 16:59 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 16:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 15:02:
Cutter wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 11:27:
Ray's way off base with this one. Even if it were possible, which it won't be, most people wouldn't want to be monitored constantly like that in case there was a medical reason for it. There are dozens of nerological conditions and diseases that are still completely incurable at present. They don't even why most of them exist or how they function entirely, yet he believes we'll just be able to integrate wet ware into the cerebral cortex no problem at all? Yeah, I'll have some of what he's smoking.

The only thing that inhibits any wetware replacement is the power supply and tissue degeneration issue. And 20 years is a long time to find a solution for that. Once we find a way to feed devices via body energy production this industry will explode. And I'd be first up to replace my organs where viable.

Those jackhammer-dicks will sell like hotcakes! In fact, people will stop saying things sell like hotcakes and start saying they sell like jackhammer-dicks instead! Ah, the future is glorious.

Oh, wait, we're about to go extinct. Hold up on that double order of jackhammer-dicks.

Going extinct in style though

54. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 16:57 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 16:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 15:43:
Timmeh wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 15:13:
they give the same exact xp to every player at the end of a match regardless of kills or skills.

they then give a complete bs reason on why this is a good idea.

What is really sad is people are actually buying this POS.

There is a reason for that though, in BF1, if you were winning really highly with capturing points and not kills and healing/resupply/destruction etc. you would get around 50% less XP than if you basically spawn camped without capturing the points. they likely wanted to de-incentivize this kind of behavior.

That you get less points if the rounds are shorter (ie. you play well and win) is total BS though.

De-incentivizing kills in a game about shooting people is really stupid reasoning... If it is decided there's a balance issue where aimless killing gets you significantly greater rewards than completing objectives, then you should be further incentivizing objectives. But therein lies the contention with EA philosophy: they're not about using carrots unless you buy them yourself.

Yeah and this is what confuses the hell out of me, I mean they got this figured out in BF4 ! BF1 dropped the concept and since then both Battlefront 1 and Battlefront 2 re-focused the entire game back to random kills instead of playing for objective (walker modes aside)

49. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 15:43 eRe4s3r

Timmeh wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 15:13:
they give the same exact xp to every player at the end of a match regardless of kills or skills.

they then give a complete bs reason on why this is a good idea.

What is really sad is people are actually buying this POS.

There is a reason for that though, in BF1, if you were winning really highly with capturing points and not kills and healing/resupply/destruction etc. you would get around 50% less XP than if you basically spawn camped without capturing the points. they likely wanted to de-incentivize this kind of behavior.

That you get less points if the rounds are shorter (ie. you play well and win) is total BS though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2017, 15:40 eRe4s3r

What that knife dude showed is actually the basic way steel is made.... that extra step (with the molten salt) is likely a variation of the Linz–Donawitz-steelmaking process. Which controls the carbon content and distribution when you have pig-iron as a source. (which is the source of all steel today...) the reason you don't see that in normal steel is that modern steel factories have this process down to the nano scale. You do not see any patterns because patterns are actually controlled and unwanted (because they create micro-fissures, important for stuff like train wheels)....

Just so it's clear,
steel is iron with 1% to 2.14% carbon
pig iron is iron with 3.5 to 4.5% carbon

Getting to exactly 2.14% or lower (but within +1% was impossible in Japanese furnaces, hence folding and that weird manufacturing process. The only reason that knife is sharp is that the edges was tempered. You can get the same effect off any blade you own, if you had a fine-grained whetstone (to sharpen, for running cuts) and a cow-leather surface (to temper, for push cuts). And yes, that whetstone is the only thing you really need if you want a sharp knife ( you can temper on your shoes if you want). Sadly you will likely go insane finding a "real" correctly grained whetstone nowadays.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 13, 2017, 15:02 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 11:27:
Ray's way off base with this one. Even if it were possible, which it won't be, most people wouldn't want to be monitored constantly like that in case there was a medical reason for it. There are dozens of nerological conditions and diseases that are still completely incurable at present. They don't even why most of them exist or how they function entirely, yet he believes we'll just be able to integrate wet ware into the cerebral cortex no problem at all? Yeah, I'll have some of what he's smoking.

The only thing that inhibits any wetware replacement is the power supply and tissue degeneration issue. And 20 years is a long time to find a solution for that. Once we find a way to feed devices via body energy production this industry will explode. And I'd be first up to replace my organs where viable.

45. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 14:54 eRe4s3r

SlimRam wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 14:43:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 14:34:
They are going to do what they do.

We all have a choice to make.

Asking them to change isn't happening.
My choice is easy, I just won't get the game

I made that choice early on with Battlefront after the origin access "demo"... when there is a IP involved that 4 parties want to profit from, you know it's gonna be major BS. These 2 games are imo some of the worst shooters currently on the market....

44. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 14:50 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 11:47:
This is amusing, I've never seen a post with hundreds of thousands of downvotes before... Nobody deserves it more than an EA rep regurgitating PR bullshit.

-406172 (down) votes in 1 day, that's a new record afaik

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Nov 12, 2017, 15:10 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 12, 2017, 14:14:
There is no excuse for using twitter as a means of communication, ever.

Especially if your entire 12 posts could be summed up like this
"Don't like pay to win? Don't pay to win!"

News Comments > Deadpool Game Dead to Steam Soon
2. Re: Deadpool Game Dead to Steam Soon Nov 12, 2017, 14:54 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 12, 2017, 14:47:
What kind of nonsense went on(and is going on) with the license for this game?

Summed up?
Marvel Studios – the movie making entity – does not own Marvel’s characters.

http://www.genericfairuse.com/2016/03/10/deadpool-and-ip-copyrights/
If you want to read more

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 11, 2017, 16:20 eRe4s3r

How is Equifax still not shut down by billion $ lawsuits?  

12152 Comments. 608 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo