Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12301 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 19, 2017, 18:42 eRe4s3r

Acleacius wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 18:36:
I can't believe Van Helsing got renewed even before the season finale. I admit to watching it, but can't imagine many people do.

Probably has something to do with Netflix pushing for it, they know who watches it, and it's maybe one of their main target demographics?

Either way, as surprised as you

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 19, 2017, 12:10 eRe4s3r

Long lost Winamp? 5.666 works just fine.... why change something that works? That said, I am testing plexamp now

Edit: And uninstalled it, first screen and you can't skip it, is a "sign in with google or facebook" account screen. Nothing else, on playback without login. No playback without online connection.

LMAO and their entire desktop """app""" runs as virtual "server" on your local network and this "desktop" "APP" is a client that connects to that.

Basically, total garbage. Nothing beats Winamp 5.666

News Comments > Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles
7. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 19, 2017, 10:58 eRe4s3r

Another lootbox infected mess no doubt...  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 19, 2017, 06:19 eRe4s3r

Bodolza wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 14:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 04:31:
I stopped watching (And caring) after they killed the 1 female character that I cared about (the farm girl)

That's funny. I also stopped watching at the exact same time. It wasn't the fact that they killed the character - it was how they did it. It felt totally random and unnecessary. I realized at that point that the writers were more concerned with shock-value than anything else, and decided I didn't need the narrative abuse.

And seeing how later seasons turned out, that seemed to be exactly what was going on here, shock value through the roof but no plot coherence.

Narrative abuse? I call it lazy script-writing. And yes, GOT season 7 is not immune to that either, felt way to rushed and half-assed...

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 18, 2017, 04:31 eRe4s3r

Pigeon wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 21:25:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 11:27:
The new firefox is my daily driver.

The Walking Dead petition will have as much effect as the petition i created asking Disney to remake the latest SW:TLJ and make it a BETTER movie.

The walking dead jumped the shark years ago when they used full-auto instead of single fire considering they live in an ammunition scarce universe.

At this point the writers are just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

I stopped watching (And caring) after they killed the 1 female character that I cared about (the farm girl), and after briefly watching s7 i don't regret that, they went 100% on violence but 0% on coherent storytelling and logic.

And yes, if they killed Aya in GoT I would have a hard time, but at least in GoT I like a lot more than 1 character.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 18, 2017, 04:27 eRe4s3r

Don't make the mistake I did and read the comments on The Verge..

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 18, 2017, 03:05 eRe4s3r

Can you imagine how awesome this game would be if it weren't a bog standard l4d clone?

I am talking SP RPG with a survival element, obviously.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Montana Video
25. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 17, 2017, 17:12 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 12:10:

I also prefer FO3 over FNV

Same here, but mostly because F:NV always just felt like a mod to FO3, it did have great expansions though. But FO3 had the far better mods.

News Comments > Eidos-Montréal on Single-player and Multiplayer Support
7. Re: Eidos-Montréal on Single-player and Multiplayer Support Dec 17, 2017, 17:07 eRe4s3r

What I wonder is, how is that dude CEO of Eidos-Montreal and this tone deaf with the whole EA/Loot box situation......

You say "Online experience" and I think lootboxes and gambling. Yeah, that's a great and totally innocent association to draw up currently, way to goo, Mr Anfossi

22. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 17, 2017, 08:42 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 07:00:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 04:10:
Quinn wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 12:22:
My favorite Far Cry order: 2, 3, 1, Primal, 4.

Far Cry 4 always felt like a Far Cry 3 DLC/expansion to me. I couldn't get myself to appreciate the game at all.

This game again looks like Far Cry 3 in a new setting. So far, though, it looks like I'll really love this setting.

Weird, 4 is easily better than FC3 in every way. Better enemies, better animals, better NPCs, better vehicles, better characters, better world-building, better story, more interesting terrain, better mission design. You also get the wing suit right away.

I think FC4 is in many ways the Fallout: New Vegas of the Far Cry series. FO3 left a better first impression than NV and FC3 left a better first impression than FC4. However, like FO:NV, FC4 got better the more you played it while FC3 got worse. If you didn't play much of FC4, you really ought to give it another shot.

I think the major reason my verdict is as it is, is because FC3 was something very different than FC2. It was new and looked absolutely stunning back then. FC4 didn't have that... element of surprise, if you will. When I try to remember parts of FC4, it feels like I've been playing the game drunk the entire time. It was a literally forgettable experience, while I remember many details from FC3.

As I write this, I remember that I played FC4 during or right after I had moved houses. So there was a lot going on in my life. Hell, when I have time I'll give FC4 another go-around.

To be fair, not much will make you forget the ending of F3 as that was a true mind-fuck F4 on the other hand, I only remember a super annoying "boss" fight and a lot of super shitty climbing segments and a wingsuit that only allowed to fly down, but not up. (opposed to a grappling hook + wingsuit combo like in Just Cause)

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 08:40 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 08:01:
As Churchill said, “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.”

That was 50 years ago though, you think Churchill would have said that facing Chavez, Putin, May, Merkel and Trump + Internet? (Edit: Added a few more names that would make Churchill do rodeo moves in his grave)

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 06:05 eRe4s3r

merloid wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 05:13:

Pray tell though, what other options do we have, political-wise?

Rebellion.. if you don't wanna MDK your entire political caste though, you have zero options. Like in any other western nation with so called democracy. Or how I see it nowadays, rule of the greatest and most notorious liars.

And if you are curious why I as German think like that, just look at SPD and CDU right now. SPD went into this fucking election with only 1 primary promise (which was why I voted for them), no coalition with the CDU, and look what happens now. Fucking liars and betrayers of everything they stand for. If that is what democracy is nowadays I can live without it.

15. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 16, 2017, 11:08 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 09:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 09:40:
Beamer wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 09:35:
CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 20:32:
Shit's looking mighty good and I love the unique setting but since they will fuck this up and fuck this down and fuck it all around in all holes with a season pass, welp, no buy before the GOTY hits $9.99. Fuck Ubishit.

Primal hasn't gotten there yet, so you'll be enjoying it when FC8 is out.

I see Primal for 13€

https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=Primal#/page:game/price?plain=farcry3

I'll buy it at 9.99. Given that I hardly have time to game, I have no reason to spend more. There's always a $10 game waiting. Hell, I bought and installed the new Wolfenstein and haven't even loaded it up yet. Same with fallout 4, which I probably will never have time for.

Then again, my company closes Xmas to nye...

Interesting that my German location gives me a better deal there, but yeah, 9.99 for Primal is still 2 years out. Primal was also by far the only fun Far Cry since 1... for me the entire game series has become super meh, Far Cry 4 was a total snooze fest and 3 wasn't much better either... the formula is kinda dead to me

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2017, 10:58 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 10:55:
Jap monkies are freaks! Probably from reading all that freaky anime!

And just wow on that mercury report. Fucking wow! Yeah, I'm thinking they need to find an alternative and make that a banned substance. That's just fucking crazy!

Note: Organic mercury is not inorganic mercury

13. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 16, 2017, 09:40 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 09:35:
CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 20:32:
Shit's looking mighty good and I love the unique setting but since they will fuck this up and fuck this down and fuck it all around in all holes with a season pass, welp, no buy before the GOTY hits $9.99. Fuck Ubishit.

Primal hasn't gotten there yet, so you'll be enjoying it when FC8 is out.

I see Primal for 13€

11. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 16, 2017, 04:27 eRe4s3r

mellis wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 17:55:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 17:17:
I'll definitely play it, but I fail to see what's different about this game gameplay wise. Looks like just a different coat of paint.

First thing I thought when I saw the Wolverine; That looks like the honey badger from Far Cry Primal with a different skin

But it's Far Cry and they've had some solid protagonists albeit suffering from a bit too much grind sometimes in between story missions which kinda affects the momentum.

Still, will buy this time sink.

Joke being that Primal wasn't a time sink, you could (nearly) 100% it in 18 hours or less. (100% meaning cap all outposts and get all personal for the tribe + all story missions)

News Comments > Morning Interviews
37. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 16, 2017, 04:23 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 12:10:
Beamer wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 08:24:
Can someone give a name of an actual battle royale mod?

I'm not saying they don't exist, I just don't recall any having this gameplay. Odds are, when you name one, I'll slap my hand to my forehead and go "ooooh yeah," so this is more about nostalgia for me, but part of me finds it odd everyone keeps saying it existed but no one can name it.

Again, though, I fall on the side of billions of games ripping off Doom but id not whining about it (they did license the engine, so they profited off many of those, but still.)

I don't know about any of the mods, but UT has had a Last Man Standing mode for 15 years.

HL1 also had last man standing mode (you could set respawn lives to 1), so dates back at least 20 years. The early CS alpha also had this.

That CS alpha also had permanent weapons, so you could drop a weapon and lay traps and they persisted over rounds. Something you can not do in PUBG or the normal CS:S anymore

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 16, 2017, 04:17 eRe4s3r

That writer works for the same developer (Bossa) that pulled that skateboarding game after "only" 100k beta downloads.

Just thought that was an interesting curio

News Comments > Morning Interviews
31. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2017, 00:13 eRe4s3r

SirKnight wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 14:01:
Jagacademy wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 12:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 12:31:

the fact is pretty obvious that PUBG just hit gold out of pure luck.

It's actually an interesting phenomenon. If you look at most wealthy and/or successful people, pure luck is responsible for the overwhelming majority of them. If one minor thing hadn't gone their way, none of it would have come to fruition.

It's not luck or a phenomenon. There is no such thing as luck or coincidences (your last statement actually hints at this). These are terms thrown around by those who can not see the big picture. Everything happens for a reason. There is no luck or chance.

Well if you wanna debate chaos theory and quantum mechanics, this is totally the wrong forum It is true that nothing is truly random in a chaotic environment except quantum mechanics, but this game could have not have become what it is 5/10/15/20 years ago. Technology, situation, society and market demand needed all to align and while all these factors were sourced in predictable sources the reality is that from an onlooking perspective they are in fact, luck. Meaning anyone could have done it in that same situation with the same variables, the dude was lucky. Without the twitch craze of the past 2-3 years PUBG would also not have had nearly the impact. So yeah, nothing really random about that, but still, it was luck.

We can only be thankful this isn't a EA game. And that too is luck.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
24. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 14, 2017, 23:41 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 23:01:
Here's a nice little infogram of what's coming down the pipe for you in short order. This is how it works in Portugal. Enjoy. Might want to order that 55 gallon drum of lube off Amazon because your ass is gonna' need it.

To be fair that's a mobile data plan.... and compared to the ones you can buy in "neutrality" countries, it's one hell of a good offer too. 10gb for 5€ is absolutely insane, I pay 6€ for 1gb ~.~

12301 Comments. 616 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo