Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10539 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam VR Tracking Royalty-free
3. Re: Steam VR Tracking Royalty-free Aug 4, 2016, 23:50 eRe4s3r

So you weren't at the very least curious to try it out yourself?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 4, 2016, 17:44 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 09:55:

Also there was plenty of problems with Russia last time, I seem to recall they hadn't even finished building out most of the facilities and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

Still better than having the Mexican hymn play and showing the German players, then having the German hymn play, and showing the German players.

Just witnessed that in the opening of Mex:Ger

If this is the theme for these games then the next week is going to be very fun

And yep, next faux-pas
Nigeria vs Japan
Wrong Hymn plays for Nigeria ^^

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2016, 23:51.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Please stop using Videosift. Aug 4, 2016, 09:14 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 08:53:
Youtube already sorts and categorizes popular videos the same way that videosift does

It doesn't though What you see in popular/recommended is your own personal filter bubble on youtube. Videosift isn't a filter bubble, it's an aggregation of video links the same way bluesnews is an aggregation of news links. And videosift does not just link to youtube.

By the way, nothing is stopping you from submitting links.... just saying

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2016, 09:21.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Please stop using Videosift. Aug 4, 2016, 08:25 eRe4s3r

The links are sent you blues by people who use videosift to, you guessed it, find those videos in the first place. And unlike a youtube or your nsfwyoutube link, videosift is a dynamic link, meaning if the video is dead, the videosift link will always lead to the working version of that video, assuming someone on that site declared it non-working and had a replacement link added

So videosift is not useless Though if you are ip blocked to you it definitely is

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 4, 2016, 02:13 eRe4s3r

That's the greatest misleading headline this month.. easily. ^^  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 4, 2016, 01:45 eRe4s3r

Well, sued is one thing, let's hope they actually get fined properly.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 4, 2016, 00:39 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 09:53:
Folks will be tuning in to the Olympics to simply believe it's actually happening in Rio. It's like slowing down at an accident to have a look.

It's bound to be good entertainment....

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games
23. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 3, 2016, 23:39 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 22:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 21:45:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 16:38:
Despite hundreds of reddit and battlenet forum posts claiming it's there... Blizzard says it isn't.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744524460

I'm more apt to believe Blizzard than the angry people in forums who claim to have cracked the code.

A friend I used to play with is one of these "I KNOW!" people who make claims of fact without anything but anecdotal evidence. He has plummeted himself to competitive 42 bitching about the matchmaking all of the way while the rest of us are sitting on 55+ these days. After my placements I was 58 and made it to 60... tanked with this guy and some of my other friends down to nearly 50 and now I'm at 56 without him. He doesn't want to face it, but his strats like offensive Torb and Symmetra is cancer.

In terms of win rates I'm at 55 in quickplay and 54 in competitive.
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Sepharo-1760

But the post you just linked says Blizzard does exactly what I said.... they split the lobby after a few rounds to assign new enemy team. For me this always lead to loss streaks. Also remember that in b.net EU there aren't as many players as there are in b.net US, this leads to bigger MMR differences in quickplay

I think you are right and I had some crazy bad luck as I definitely don't have a losing streak now but doesn't change the fact that apparently I can fix my bad luck by hitting quit when that lobby split happens ^^

Anyway.. Lucio Ball is AWESOME so I can't say I don't have fun in Overwatch ever since that is a thing. Maybe I need to play this more to see real MM happening.. on that note, the site you have there doesn't find me ;/

Ps.: I actually played Overwatch since that recent patch to see whether I now like it or not.. didn't notice any server issues.. but Lucio Ball aside, I can't say I don't like it in it's current state So actually this might be the proverbial patch that makes this game fun (for me).

I didn't catch at first that you were talking about same lobby. I thought you meant you were restarting the whole client. In competitive you get a new matchup every time... and even quickplay I feel like it's rare to stay in the same lobby, most people leave. Yeah I definitely don't continue playing in the same lobby if I'm paired with bozos, but I feel like that's a different topic altogether... I was talking about how people literally think the MM works by giving you a loss after a win and on and on... that's what I thought your first post was about.

Then I am sorry for misleading you with my badly worded post Anyhow, it annoyed me and such, but that's life I gave the game another chance with this patch and am already less annoyed. Mainly because DVA and ZEN plays better and I am *really* good with em ;p

21. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 3, 2016, 21:45 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 16:38:
Despite hundreds of reddit and battlenet forum posts claiming it's there... Blizzard says it isn't.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744524460

I'm more apt to believe Blizzard than the angry people in forums who claim to have cracked the code.

A friend I used to play with is one of these "I KNOW!" people who make claims of fact without anything but anecdotal evidence. He has plummeted himself to competitive 42 bitching about the matchmaking all of the way while the rest of us are sitting on 55+ these days. After my placements I was 58 and made it to 60... tanked with this guy and some of my other friends down to nearly 50 and now I'm at 56 without him. He doesn't want to face it, but his strats like offensive Torb and Symmetra is cancer.

In terms of win rates I'm at 55 in quickplay and 54 in competitive.
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Sepharo-1760

But the post you just linked says Blizzard does exactly what I said.... they split the lobby after a few rounds to assign new enemy team. For me this always lead to loss streaks. Also remember that in b.net EU there aren't as many players as there are in b.net US, this leads to bigger MMR differences in quickplay

I think you are right and I had some crazy bad luck as I definitely don't have a losing streak now but doesn't change the fact that apparently I can fix my bad luck by hitting quit when that lobby split happens ^^

Anyway.. Lucio Ball is AWESOME so I can't say I don't have fun in Overwatch ever since that is a thing. Maybe I need to play this more to see real MM happening.. on that note, the site you have there doesn't find me ;/

Ps.: I actually played Overwatch since that recent patch to see whether I now like it or not.. didn't notice any server issues.. but Lucio Ball aside, I can't say I don't like it in it's current state So actually this might be the proverbial patch that makes this game fun (for me).

18. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 3, 2016, 07:24 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 03:47:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 03:21:
Frijoles wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 00:07:
Caladell wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 21:26:
Wow. That sounds pretty bad. Personally, I have never had anything like that. Most I've had has been maybe 3 win/loss streaks, and it seems like that happens mostly due to one whole team just having an 'off' night or whatever.

I had a 12 game losing streak that lasted over a few days. I was quite salty by the end of it. On the plus side, I won several in a row after that.

Was just about to post something similar. I think Eraser is experiencing something of a confirmation bias. People tend to forget this is a team game, if you need to carry just one bad team player in a 6 player team and the other team doesn't, you will lose.

It's most definitely confirmation bias.
Especially as evidenced by the "unless you quit and rejoin due to teams being rigged against you" ... quitting and rejoining does nothing. Matchmaking does not take into account your most recent games specifically, it simply looks at your rating and group composition if you're in one, nothing more.

Confirmation bias or plain bad luck is possible and I won't deny that, as MM is opaque, and you can't even see your own MMR, but ever since I started to quit after 2 wins out of a lobby with absolute no exception my W/R went back up to 49% (before it was 37% trending lower). So whatever quitting out of a lobby after 2 rounds and looking for a new match does... it works for me. I do this completely regardless of wins/loss in those 2 rounds btw. And if MM were working properly and the way you say, then what I do would not have improved my W/R. But I feel like this is kind of a shitty exploit, so I still felt the need to complain.

Lucio Ball may be the only game mode in Overwatch I actually enjoy playing btw Mainly because it ain't hobbled by this atrocious nemesis of mine, the MM. ^^

11. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 2, 2016, 22:58 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 22:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 21:18:
1 is a single win -> infinite lose streak unless you quit and rejoin due to teams being rigged against you

As in a team lose streak? Even if you lose, can you still practice skills (getting lots of killstreaks, make them bleed man)

Yeah but I am a simple gamer I like winning more than losing... getting killstreaks is also not really rewarding in this game, barely any "loot" payout, if you get my drift.

8. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 2, 2016, 21:58 eRe4s3r

Caladell wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 21:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 21:18:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 20:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 20:51:
Overwatch is one of these games I stopped playing and never returned to.. did they ever actually fix this god awful matchmaking in a patch yet?

I've never had an issue with it. What's the exact complaint?

As a skilled solo player there are only 2 types of matches you get from this MM

1 is a single win -> infinite lose streak unless you quit and rejoin due to teams being rigged against you
2 is a join into a losing round

Is it a problem of too much FPS skill pushing me into insane MM ranks and thus weird edge cases? Don't care, I play to have fun, Overwatch regularly matches me against people where I don't have fun if I even so much as play "decently" ;/

Or put simpler, if I play REALLY good 1 or 2 rounds, the game punishes me for it with 5+ rolfstomp losses.. and that ain't fun. Wish I could figure out why that happens to me and not to say, you. Is it my region and thus my ping during the times I play putting me in weird edge cases of match making?

Btw, this happened to me over a dozen times. It annoyed me enough I threw the game (not literally) out of the window.

Wow. That sounds pretty bad. Personally, I have never had anything like that. Most I've had has been maybe 3 win/loss streaks, and it seems like that happens mostly due to one whole team just having an 'off' night or whatever.

Well the problem is when I play the flying rocket launcher women my Quake/UT skills kick back in so I think it just wants to match me against people of equal skill. The problem is once I can't play the rocket launch dudess or the grenade launcher dude, I totally suck. So it isn't really a problem of the MM, as much as it is a problem the MM causes me because I have top skills with 2 chars and otherwise just OK skills with the rest. So I always end matched up against the MM ratings of my "top game" and not of my "low" game. And it takes a good 5 losses to get me back to normal MM rating.. so then I can finally play a normal game with chars that I don't pwn with. But as soon as team composition forces me to play the 2 chars I am *REALLY* good at, I end up matched against top skilled players again.. and repeat.

I think that is very annoying ;( I mean I get it, I am skilled with 2 chars and the game tries to balance that when I dominate, except when I don't play them I am also matched against top skilled players... and it takes longer to get the MMR down than it takes to get it up. So in a sadistic way, I have to play really badly longer than I have to play good to have fun 1 or 2 rounds.... and it is the absolute worst when I am forced to play shield/healer classes. I totally, absolutely SUCK AT PLAYING THEM. This patient sitting around and twiddling thumbs in positions is not my playstyle.

4. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 2, 2016, 21:18 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 20:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 20:51:
Overwatch is one of these games I stopped playing and never returned to.. did they ever actually fix this god awful matchmaking in a patch yet?

I've never had an issue with it. What's the exact complaint?

As a skilled solo player there are only 2 types of matches you get from this MM

2 is a join into a losing round

Is it a problem of too much FPS skill pushing me into insane MM ranks and thus weird edge cases? Don't care, I play to have fun, Overwatch regularly matches me against people where I don't have fun if I even so much as play "decently" ;/

Or put simpler, if I play REALLY good 1 or 2 rounds, the game punishes me for it with 5+ rolfstomp losses.. and that ain't fun. Wish I could figure out why that happens to me and not to say, you. Is it my region and thus my ping during the times I play putting me in weird edge cases of match making?

Btw, this happened to me over a dozen times. It annoyed me enough I threw the game (not literally) out of the window.

1. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 2, 2016, 20:51 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Announced
9. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Announced Aug 2, 2016, 15:55 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 13:47:

It's almost like Games Workshop is giving a damn again.

That made me laugh for various reasons, the only thing GW gives a damn about is money Btw at 0:20 you can see space marines with glowing runes on their weapons.... is that lore friendly?

And grid based... sigh I wonder how THEY will manage to fuck up diagonal movement, not like we lack examples of that already.

News Comments > New Titan X Released
12. Re: New Titan X Released Aug 2, 2016, 15:29 eRe4s3r

Well this naming scheme isn't at all going to be confusing as hell....  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 1, 2016, 22:29 eRe4s3r

Simon Says wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 18:34:
Well, if its the secret to the Maxwell VS Kepler power savings, AMD now knows about it and can implement it in Navi or later architectures, or perhaps they already knew and have it in Vega. We'll see.

Hope dies famously last ,)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2016, 22:19 eRe4s3r

1badmf wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 17:54:
Quboid wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 16:37:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 15:13:
First successful parachute jump--without a chute--from 25k.

So, I hate to be that guy, but how many unsuccessful ones were there?

It's not a parachute jump if it's without a chute.

HA! Most gloriously petty victory ever! Headbang Laugh

(and I was quoting someone else too!)

soooo... first guy to successfully execute a... jump? not clickbaity enough man.

Technically it would just be "dude falls into safety net from higher than usual" ;p

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 1, 2016, 15:38 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 15:35:
I can already see the Steam Reviews for NMS:

Not Recommended (thumbs down)
Posted: September 26
This game ended up being surprisingly stale. And there's no end game.

549.0 hrs on record

4 of 5 people (80%) found this review helpful.
1 person found this review funny.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 1, 2016, 14:46 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 13:16:
I wonder if this is the reason why so many want NMS to fail.

+ Indie title that suspiciously sounds like other ambitious (and failed/shallow) procedurally generated games such as Spore, Godus, etc.
+ Very little demonstration of the gameplay for the first 2 years of hype; no commentary about the end game until recently.
+ Excessive fawning by the gaming media 'elite' (e.g. usual supsects Kotaku, Polygon, Destroid, etc)
+ Priced as an AAA game for an unknown/untested studio
+ No mods

Does that sound right?

Do we actually know that there won't be mods? If it can be made to run totally offline then there will be mods. Aside that, 60, indy dev with no titles to their name, and too much hype.. never a good sign.

That said, I put 150 hours into MGS5:PP.. so I dig sandboxes where you can just troll around. Thing is though, I haven't really seen anything like that in the previews of NMS, maybe they just kept it secret.

10539 Comments. 527 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo