Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10033 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce Driver Warning
16. Re: GeForce Driver Warning Mar 8, 2016, 13:59 eRe4s3r

Worked fine for me... but on Windows 7  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Mar 8, 2016, 08:09 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 18:18:

Ooh, scary! Now I'll be the guy you keep referring to whenever something in the game pisses you off xP Let me know what your first impressions are!

So far it's fun ^^ Bashing heads with a 2 handed club and having my black kitty creep with me through outposts is pretty awesome (I want the snow blood wolf!) And it really has a nice atmosphere.. 21% completion ^^

4. Re: Game Reviews Mar 7, 2016, 13:27 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 13:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 12:03:
Quinn wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 10:28:
Really having a blast with this game. It has a charm, a sense of immersion that's stronger than usual. The devil is in the details. You can pet your animal companion, for example. Completely useless, but awesome. I pet my panther so often it ridiculous. xP

Some of the reviews are really scathing though, did they really re-use the meshes, map and camp layouts from Farcry 4? If so 60 is a pretty extreme price.

You got it for cheaper from someplace?

This one a friend gave me because I'm basically his personal bank. Www.kinguin.net I think the game's sold for 27 euros?

Don't notice anything about map or camp layouts. I'm not surprised if some stuff is reused here and there. Far Cry Primal feels like a guilty pleasure and I should've mentioned that in the video, I think, because it really is another Far Cry 3.5 (like FC4)... but the new addition with the animals is just so. freaking. awesome! xP Plus the setting is really well done. You'd think 10.000 B.C. areas get boring quickly but they are really awe inspiring. The story is nicely done too, given they were limited to a time where intrigue and plot-twists just wouldn't make sense when everything is based around survival.

Well you sold me on this (Found it for 35 for the deluxe whatchacallit edition) expecting extreme animal petting.. (OK, maybe a bit more than that) If it's like blood dragon, a guilty pleasure, then this ought to be interesting. ^^

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2016, 13:38.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 7, 2016, 12:20 eRe4s3r

And that ransomware used code signing, aka, legit signed certificate from Apple, and they hacked Transmission website to boot without the site ops even noticing. That was some pretty interesting attack. So much effort, apparently lots of bitcoins to farm from mac users.  

2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 7, 2016, 12:03 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 10:28:
Really having a blast with this game. It has a charm, a sense of immersion that's stronger than usual. The devil is in the details. You can pet your animal companion, for example. Completely useless, but awesome. I pet my panther so often it ridiculous. xP

Some of the reviews are really scathing though, did they really re-use the meshes, map and camp layouts from Farcry 4? If so 60 is a pretty extreme price.

You got it for cheaper from someplace?

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 7, 2016, 11:59 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 11:42:
You guys already know what I think about crowdfunding and early access. Stories like these don't help change my mind.

Stories like these do make me realize you did have a point back then in that other topic But crowdfunding is hit or miss, seems in those 2 cases, a lot of miss. (though seriously, Bear Simulator, pewdiepie made the video private... wtf?)

News Comments > Fable Legends Cancelled; Lionhead May Close
3. Re: Fable Legends Cancelled; Lionhead May Close Mar 7, 2016, 11:58 eRe4s3r

So I guess there won't ever be a Black and White 3 ? Who owns the rights to that, EA? In fact where can you even legally buy it?  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 7, 2016, 09:35 eRe4s3r

Those are some really good KS stories.. if you have popcorn and enjoy a good drama for giggles  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 05:11 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 04:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 04:05:
Anyway, I already forgot what the topic was about

You said something was "factually and scientifically completely misleading" and it turned out to be the opposite of that.

The fact you and even that sci channel believe that you *should* clean/disinfect an open bleeding wound with soap perfectly proves my point though

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 04:05 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 03:40:
The guy's video was about wound care in general, not emergency while hiking in the wilderness wound care.

Mild soap is what I've always heard from doctors so I don't know why you're getting hung up on that part in particular.

I had a deep wound following pilonidal cyst removal and I had to bathe it with soapy water multiple times a day.

Maybe I just have better soap (solid brick type, 100% soap, 0% crap) When you say mild-soap, I assume you mean diluted soap/water mixture.

I only tried soap + running water once, from making food and a knife snapping clean through, cut on my left hand palm, the result was the worst pain I had ever felt in my life. Don't plan on repeating that. To compare, the cut felt like a soft touch compared to that.

Anyway, I already forgot what the topic was about

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 03:30 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 03:17:
He's not the first person I've heard give this advice. My sister recently graduated nursing school and she has also brought up that they're teaching that it slows the healing of wounds now and causes scars.

I don't use it on wounds simply because I don't have it around. Water has always worked fine for me.

Well if you don't go trekking a whole lot you might have a different view on this whole topic, water is heavy, all I take with me is coffee in thermos .. thermos? is that really a word? Personally I would rather have a way to stop the bleeding and disinfect in an emergency without danger of knocking myself out from pain. Which is what would happen if you pour soap solution into an open bleeding wound. (not that you would have that with you when you go take 10hour walks through forest and plain landscape, all I have is those disinfectant cleaning wipes)

H2O2 is an emergency wound treatment, my beef with the video is that he says to use soap instead. One can only assume he has never seen anyone who tried that. (this is the part where the video is scientifically misleading)

Soap in a wound = pain and agony *6000 -> KO -> Dead

Btw, all that aside, the best wound treatment is obviously avoiding wounds altogether.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 02:51 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 22:46:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 22:04:
That Hydrogen Peroxide video is factually and scientifically completely misleading. ;(

Okay I'll bite. What did you disagree with?

Simple, when you have the option of not cleaning an open wound + bandage or 3% h2o2 + bandage, guess which choice is the far better one... what is the result of telling people not to use h2o2.. they'll use tap water. And tap water is full of shit. Literally while tap water WILL lead to infection, h2o2 will not EVER lead to a worse outcome than the wound you already have, except that wound now can't get infected if you bandage it after h2o2 cleansing.

So his advice is what? To stand there with a gashing wound until emergency service arrives? To clean a cut under tap water and then bandage it?

My disagreement here is that this is a misleading video that can lead to injury and death because people will always have the urge to clean a wound. They use what they have, and most people have h2o2.. exactly because it is an absolutely amazing surface disinfectant... and when you have someone in panic mode, they grab whatever they find, and if they grab h2o2, at least they won't make their situation any worse.

I guess I have a different view here because I make extremely long walks into the forests here, 3% (100ml) h2o2, small (100ml) bottle of clean water and gauze is in my emergency backpack. And hey, in case of a zombie apocalypse that would really help

And btw, in the video he says to use soap to clean a bleeding wound. This is scientifically wrong. You use soap you have a good chance of knocking yourself out from the pain...

To sum it up, maliciously misleading video.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2016, 03:17.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 7, 2016, 02:16 eRe4s3r

rawbelly wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 22:19:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 13:50:
If you like that type of game, Stardew Valley is the sh*t.

Absolutely agree. Game is stupid fun.

Factorio is also amazingly fun btw.. one of the best industrial .. sort of.. building / alien defense games ever.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2016, 22:04 eRe4s3r

That Hydrogen Peroxide video is factually and scientifically completely misleading. ;(  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Is paying for antivirus a waste of money? Mar 4, 2016, 19:30 eRe4s3r

Duh!

Why would you pay for reduced security?

News Comments > Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Gameplay Trailers
9. Re: Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Gameplay Trailers Mar 4, 2016, 08:38 eRe4s3r

tony wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 08:30:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 22:15:
"I want more combat and climbing passages in Mirrors Edge"

Said no one.. ever Hopefully most of it is optional....

I'd rather have combat be optional as well, but as long as it doesn't break the flow of the game and is well integrated, then it's not a deal breaker for me.

Yeah that's what I meant, but if I can't play through 100% non lethal I am not gonna bother My Faith is not a cold blooded murderer ^1^

3. Re: Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Gameplay Trailers Mar 3, 2016, 23:27 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 23:09:
Climbing passages? Do you mean "platforming?" Because that's kind of the whole point of the series.

Also, a lot of people really liked the combat in ME. It was definitely more compelling than running around in circles while guys with assault rifles shoot at you.

I wanted to give you a witty response but I guess climbing passages is easy to misunderstand I mean the part where you spend 5 minutes hanging to pipes and .. other stuff, not moving in any particular direction but sideways through vents and internal piping. Ie. The worst level in ME ;p

1. Re: Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Gameplay Trailers Mar 3, 2016, 22:15 eRe4s3r

"I want more combat and climbing passages in Mirrors Edge"

Said no one.. ever Hopefully most of it is optional....

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June; Preorders Underway
8. Re: No Man's Sky in June; Preorders Underway Mar 3, 2016, 21:44 eRe4s3r

Imo this "game" is a classic example of a game engine looking for a real game... like Spore, just a teensy bit prettier and more ambitious.. at being a pointless sandbox.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2016, 18:17 eRe4s3r

Pigeon wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 11:41:
Perhaps that is the first generation of squirrels that has evolved to have telekinetic abilities. When they take over the world, we'll know who to blame.

I could imagine worse things...

10033 Comments. 502 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo