Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10514 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Insiders Get Battlefield 1 Beta Early Access
10. Re: Cossacks 3 in September Aug 11, 2016, 09:35 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 09:09:
Did you forget BF1942? That didn't take WW2 seriously, but it was great silly fun launching TNT Kubelwagons half way across the map to capture flags ;). The only realistic offerings are mods like Forgotten Hope.

True, but it's a given that BF1 won't support mods ^^ And with "not taking the setting serious" I meant the already panned out DLC only nations/vehicles/maps that should have been part of the actual game from the get go...

And btw.. 1942 = Ammo box grenade spam, broke the entire game

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Battlefield Insiders Get Battlefield 1 Beta Early Access Aug 11, 2016, 09:01 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 02:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 01:22:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 22:13:
EA expects to sell 15 million copies in 12 months, so expect another $30 game by Xmas.

I don't need to be a sage to predict that this won't sell 12m ;p

I'd take that bet. BF4 did 14M which is pretty good considering it was a %100 rehash of the already popular BF3, which did 17M.

Yeah, but this is WW1... from everything I've seen so far it doesn't even take the setting seriously... so kinda like Hardline which sold much less than 10m

5. Re: Battlefield Insiders Get Battlefield 1 Beta Early Access Aug 11, 2016, 01:22 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 22:13:
EA expects to sell 15 million copies in 12 months, so expect another $30 game by Xmas.

I don't need to be a sage to predict that this won't sell 12m ;p

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Aug 8, 2016, 20:01 eRe4s3r

FPS movement to a point can never be an instant warp unless you want to disorient the player up the whaazoo... Doom may indeed have solved the problem, but the real source of the problem is that VR game design is in some form of early infancy.

Also this bullet time does not take into account wall jumping, double jumping and ladders I assume...

News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
1. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 8, 2016, 19:58 eRe4s3r

Think the main fault of this misperception is the E3 trailer, seriously, edited shots and action scenes for a "very very chill" game are maybe not the best idea.. You ever seen Minecraft advertise with its combat?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 7, 2016, 21:06 eRe4s3r

saluk wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 13:09:
Don't date preorder games!

This a thousand times.

Although maybe the more correct statement would be

"Don't be hyped about games you haven't played"

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Issues
26. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2016, 20:44 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 17:14:
Creston wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 17:06:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 16:37:
For example this article shows what I think we all know, stop Update Service... and if that works, then really what in gods name is all the fuss about? This is one of the oldest tricks in the book. I assume there is something funny going on where it doesn't work, system goes in and stealth starts it any way, otherwise the "You can't stop updates" is one of the most grossly reported issues in the history of Windows feardom.

http://mspoweruser.com/turn-off-windows-update-windows-10/

The update service isn't actually RUNNING on W10 all the time. It gets turned on by something, presumably in the registry, but could just as easily be something hardcoded somewhere, checks for updates, installs them, then the service gets turned off again.

Simply disabling the service does exactly 0% against stopping those updates from being installed. (on Home Premium anyway.)

Any link to that? I'm not disagreeing though, I assumed some funny business has to be happening with what you hear. However I have links of doing this and MS confirming it works to, articles from this year. They warn you against doing it because it could stop critical security updates, but I don't fear those.

Group policy has intervals set for update checks that will restart stopped services. Not sure they will trigger them out of disabled state though. In fact that would be really weird if a service could bring another service out of disabled state. So I assume this still works as it always does, disables WU completely if set to disabled, does do nothing if set to stop/don't auto start or the likes.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2016, 18:36 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 15:09:
What's extra wrong, cheating in the Paralympics or throwing out an entire nation? I presume you mean the former but there seems to be less consensus on the merits of the later than I would have thought.

If you ask me, anyone who ever doped should be banned from all sport events for life. And with Russian athletes it's nearly guaranteed they doped, the system was widespread and mandatory. If you don't do it like this, then these cheaters will always cheat, as they are not punished for it properly.

Only good answer against cheaters is the banhammer

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 6, 2016, 22:17 eRe4s3r

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 14:43:
I wonder if it's banned in North Korea.

You can't access the play store from North Korea, it's under embargo

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 6, 2016, 00:30 eRe4s3r

That's 159m people who should rather be using uBlock Origin than supporting the scam outfit that runs AdBlock Plus, also, you can't block a browser plugin.. but don't tell that the Chinese firewall.  

News Comments > Valve Combating Cheating
2. Re: Valve Combating Cheating Aug 6, 2016, 00:14 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 19:34:
I like this, but be careful who you give gifts.
If you directly gift a game to someone who gets permanently banned, you won’t be able to gift that game again.

Has to be that way to curb alt accounts though....

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2016, 23:01 eRe4s3r

One hell of an opening ceremony.. gotta hand it to the Brazilians, they know what creativity means  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls: Legends Beta Begins
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls: Legends Beta Begins Aug 5, 2016, 07:27 eRe4s3r

MisterBenn wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 19:21:
This is possibly still easy to get into, I signed up 9 days ago and got an invite 5 days later. There was a "agree to marketing for an increased chance of an invite" option that I also didn't take.

In general I've been looking for something to fill the Duels of the Planeswalkers hole since they screwed up the formula of that. (And I'm closer to being an Elder Scrolls fanboy than a Blizzard one.) Mostly interested in this because of the solo arena mode, you can draft and run versus AI opponents at your own speed, and don't have to commit the time to stay competitive versus a public community meta. Much more my pace!

Story and Draft Arena VS AI + BOSS actually makes this sound like a great card game...

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players
10. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 03:34 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 03:06:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 02:45:
Was never into the original Warcraft, StarCraft, or Diablos. Played WoW for the launch month in 2004. Haven't played a single Blizzard game from then until Overwatch. Love Overwatch, definitely one of the greatest MP FPS in a long time.

What does this make me to you two braniacs?
Claiming/implying fanboyism for the success of a game you haven't even tried.

Uh... well, seeing as how I was talking about my taste in games I don't know how you can confuse "I guess what I'm saying is Blizzard no longer makes games that appeal to me" to mean you.

Pro-tip. The next time you decide to call someone a brainiac, have the decency to spell it correctly.

Maybe he meant Bran .... you know.. from Game of Thrones. ^^

News Comments > Steam VR Tracking Royalty-free
6. Re: Steam VR Tracking Royalty-free Aug 5, 2016, 02:50 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 01:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 23:50:
So you weren't at the very least curious to try it out yourself?

Of course I curious about it, but I see no need to try it out. I have the money but I have no plans on buying one. The challenge is I'm committed to finishing my 6-months of living expenses (I have four now), then paying off my mortgage as soon as possible. Not having any debt is more important to me than a VR device. It's a distraction that only weakens my will-power to stick to my goals.

Ah yeah... I have no debt or mortgage and would never take any on (except maybe for 0% but then that is not really debt then...) so I wasn't even thinking in that direction. Stick to your goals then, indeed no need to tempt yourself. Your own well-being is the most important thing after all.

News Comments > Steam VR Tracking Royalty-free
3. Re: Steam VR Tracking Royalty-free Aug 4, 2016, 23:50 eRe4s3r

So you weren't at the very least curious to try it out yourself?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 4, 2016, 17:44 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 09:55:

Also there was plenty of problems with Russia last time, I seem to recall they hadn't even finished building out most of the facilities and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

Still better than having the Mexican hymn play and showing the German players, then having the German hymn play, and showing the German players.

Just witnessed that in the opening of Mex:Ger

If this is the theme for these games then the next week is going to be very fun

And yep, next faux-pas
Nigeria vs Japan
Wrong Hymn plays for Nigeria ^^

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2016, 23:51.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Please stop using Videosift. Aug 4, 2016, 09:14 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 08:53:
Youtube already sorts and categorizes popular videos the same way that videosift does

It doesn't though What you see in popular/recommended is your own personal filter bubble on youtube. Videosift isn't a filter bubble, it's an aggregation of video links the same way bluesnews is an aggregation of news links. And videosift does not just link to youtube.

By the way, nothing is stopping you from submitting links.... just saying

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2016, 09:21.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Please stop using Videosift. Aug 4, 2016, 08:25 eRe4s3r

The links are sent you blues by people who use videosift to, you guessed it, find those videos in the first place. And unlike a youtube or your nsfwyoutube link, videosift is a dynamic link, meaning if the video is dead, the videosift link will always lead to the working version of that video, assuming someone on that site declared it non-working and had a replacement link added

So videosift is not useless Though if you are ip blocked to you it definitely is

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 4, 2016, 02:13 eRe4s3r

That's the greatest misleading headline this month.. easily. ^^  

10514 Comments. 526 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo