Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12206 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2018, 17:12 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 16:39:
Wow, that Close Encounters bit was really quite good. Must have taken him ages to make that.

Yep one of the best movie rides I've seen so far, only the Aliens one really compares, he's got a nice selection of rides as additional videos too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced
5. Re: Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced Apr 23, 2018, 11:02 eRe4s3r

Stellaris needs to focus more on what it did recently with the space travel. I find node travel to lead to extremely MEH games in mid-game. Because the game spawns "counter" races (counter to your ideology) next to you, at least 2 guaranteed, it's nearly always a rush into war. And I find that super annoying. I haven't seen a federation since those changes happened.  

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
12. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 22, 2018, 17:23 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 16:26:
How long before the layoffs?

More like how long before the employers run away from Valve's dysfunctional management practices.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Apr 21, 2018, 18:54 eRe4s3r

Just as I watch Formula 1 on linear TV I watch streams and VODs.... it's just another media element to consume. Streams aligning to my times and entertainment needs are rare though.

Let's plays though, only games I can't play because no console will taint my pc haven aside maybe emulated ;p (Last of Us comes to mind)

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2018, 18:40 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Apr 20, 2018, 18:32:
The thing about the IPv4 address block problem is that people don't see what the problem is. Oh, there are no more new addresses? Okay. So there won't be any more NEW websites? Huh.

*goes to Facebook*

I mean, it'd be one thing if we said "IPv4 is going to crash in three months and nothing will work on the Internet." That'd get people moving.

But no new websites, and other assorted shit? But we do get to keep our current allotment of devices and websites? Okay, whatever.

In the end, the ISPs are to blame for this. They need to just fucking FORCE this shit.

You can't force this shit though. Priority in protocol choice is IPv4 and then IPv6 and then IPv6-Toledo. IPv4 can literally never not be supported. You'd break billions of devices over night.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Rupture Map Freed; Shock Operations Plans
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 20, 2018, 16:09 eRe4s3r

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 20, 2018, 08:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 16:35:
Slick wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 16:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 15:53:
The problem is that official servers run all maps in rotation, crashing "non season pass players" violently out of the game randomly, and that is also why I quit playing BF1.

Compared to BF4 it's inferior in every way.

Ps.: This is the real reason
https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population?days=-1

Exactly, the tail-end of these releases are dismal. Because 90% of people who will buy a season pass probably do it in the first few months, and then there's no real continuing revenue stream after 6 months from launch.

I will say though, BF4's Naval DLC expansion fucking killed me. It was set it a tropical paradise with hovercrafts, heli's jets, and fucking AIRCRAFT CARRIERS. With a full hommage to the "Titan" game mode from 2142 in it. And guess what? 2 months after that DLC came out you LITERALLY couldn't find populated servers playing ANY of the maps from that DLC (on PC at least). That shit enraged me to no end. The players didn't even have enough time to figure out how to properly PTFO in that "titan" mode with teh carriers before the numbers dropped to 0. SO AGGRAVATING.

Yeah, if you wanted to play any non-standard conquest or rush game-mode you had a problem in BF4 even before it went free. Though you can still find many servers even today, most of them won't have the naval dlc support activated though since server would be dead if it switched to that non conquest game-mode

I remember these issues going back all the way to Battlefield Bad Company 2 even, with the vietnam expansion pack. They absolutely murder their games by segregating the playerbase like this, and is one of the core reasons I have not bought a battlefield game since 3. You will download all of this wholesome expansion goodness, whether you own it or not, but you can only unlock it by purchasing season passes and other fuckery. No thanks.

It actually goes back to Battlefield 2 where they first started doing this nonsense which is even sadder... EA never learns apparently. After BF1 I am honestly done with Battlefield as a whole I think. I didn't buy season pass for either BF4 nor BF1, and I skipped Hardline already. BC2 was the same shit as well, as you say...

With every expansion they split a community in X parts and then wonder why their player numbers dwindle.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2018, 15:47 eRe4s3r

ViRGE wrote on Apr 20, 2018, 15:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 20, 2018, 11:18:
"Now for the last time, will you all please shift to IPv6?!"

The answer is no, and sod off
You can switch now or you can switch later. But if you switch later it's going to hurt all the more.

That's the problem. It won't hurt nearly enough NOT to do it so this shift gets and retains zero momentum. Yeah most big sites and ISP's DNS already support IPv6, but they don't assign you IPv6 unless you specifically enable it manually. And guess how many people do that.

Dual stack use is what IPv6 adoption is quite honestly a shitshow of epic proportions, and part of it is that I like my LAN IP'S in IPv4 because they make sense this way, and if you had 21 network devices with internal IPs then you'd not change to IPv6 either. It would be utterly confusing

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2018, 11:18 eRe4s3r

"Now for the last time, will you all please shift to IPv6?!"

The answer is no, and sod off

News Comments > Starship Corporation Next Month
3. Re: Starship Corporation Next Month Apr 20, 2018, 02:39 eRe4s3r

I backed this game on IndieGogo eons ago.... it's unbelievable how slow this development was, and the launch patch better fix load times because on my SSD this game takes around 7 minutes to load, and no, that is not a typo.  

5. Re: Battlefield 1 Rupture Map Freed; Shock Operations Plans Apr 19, 2018, 16:35 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 16:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 15:53:
The problem is that official servers run all maps in rotation, crashing "non season pass players" violently out of the game randomly, and that is also why I quit playing BF1.

Exactly, the tail-end of these releases are dismal. Because 90% of people who will buy a season pass probably do it in the first few months, and then there's no real continuing revenue stream after 6 months from launch.

I will say though, BF4's Naval DLC expansion fucking killed me. It was set it a tropical paradise with hovercrafts, heli's jets, and fucking AIRCRAFT CARRIERS. With a full hommage to the "Titan" game mode from 2142 in it. And guess what? 2 months after that DLC came out you LITERALLY couldn't find populated servers playing ANY of the maps from that DLC (on PC at least). That shit enraged me to no end. The players didn't even have enough time to figure out how to properly PTFO in that "titan" mode with teh carriers before the numbers dropped to 0. SO AGGRAVATING.

Yeah, if you wanted to play any non-standard conquest or rush game-mode you had a problem in BF4 even before it went free. Though you can still find many servers even today, most of them won't have the naval dlc support activated though since server would be dead if it switched to that non conquest game-mode

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 19, 2018, 16:23 eRe4s3r

That's better than public info on a private access site  

News Comments > PUBG Getting Map Selection
3. Re: PUBG Getting Map Selection Apr 19, 2018, 16:04 eRe4s3r

Jagacademy wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 15:20:
Can I select whether I get killed by cheaters every other game?

It's called "uninstall"

3. Re: Battlefield 1 Rupture Map Freed; Shock Operations Plans Apr 19, 2018, 15:53 eRe4s3r

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 2018, 16:05.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 19, 2018, 15:46 eRe4s3r

"We apply the same privacy protections everywhere, regardless of whether your agreement is with Facebook Inc or Facebook Ireland."

If true then that would mean they violate the GDPR intentionally in the EU. Because inside the EU they must adhere to much stricter privacy restrictions now. So this statement is either a lie, or admission of a crime.

PC Gaming > Terrorarium: Looking for feedback on new development blog!
7. Re: Terrorarim: Looking for feedback on new development blog! Apr 19, 2018, 14:24 eRe4s3r

Terrorarium wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 14:28:

3) We are very close to a pre-alpha build, and we have a first early-access release planned for May 1. We do have some very early gameplay available on our youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC36yE13N4FSlvMBlqIkBG2Q

You could have just said "It's like Overlord done cute" ;p not sure that's a selling point to our grumpy asylum residents here, but it sure would have explained the game idea instantly and quicker.

Also I assume funds are going to be the main problem... the idea itself is not new, but unless you have a strong visual aesthetic and some well written/animated/instigated motivation behind the things we do in the game you might find some people get quickly bored of the concept itself. Running around with swarms and doing things with them, I remember playing quite a few games that had that both on console and pc.

Anyhow, hope you guys and gals can finish this project and bring it to release. I'd be really careful about pushing anything unfinished on early access at steam btw.

News Comments > New Ryzen CPU Reviews
11. Re: New Ryzen CPU Reviews Apr 19, 2018, 13:54 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 13:47:
Can someone answer this for me: Will it run on an X350 motherboard?

You mean B350, then yes, after bios update and only if one is available for your specific mainboard. You get worse (memory) performance though and whether it affects CPU perf we don't know yet.

3. Re: New Ryzen CPU Reviews Apr 19, 2018, 11:38 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 11:17:
AMD has a winner and that's good news for everyone.

Indeed, more competition is good, but we'll see about availability and prices in 2 to 4 days. At least GPU prices are slowly normalizing...

1. Re: New Ryzen CPU Reviews Apr 19, 2018, 11:00 eRe4s3r

Sadly my gaming rig needed a CPU last year. And it won't need a new one for a decade.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 19, 2018, 07:52 eRe4s3r

Calling someone from brazil a monkey is racist?

What fucking monkey decided this? And in what world is that anything but a laughable minuscule insult? I've called people much worse in my CS days

And just so you get the idea, in German calling someone a "Dummer Affe" is at best a 2nd grader insult. It's not racist and has no racist meaning.

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans?
14. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 01:10 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 21:03:
and you get Battle Royale mode and you get Battle Royale mode, EVERYBODY GETS BATTLE ROYALE MODE!!!

They are really killing the genre right now, but until they do enjoy it. Battlefield is the one game BR mode I'd actually play

12206 Comments. 611 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo