Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12726 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 27, 2018, 07:20 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 17:23:
Prez wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 12:49:
Why does an innocent person always end up dead in these cases? Trigger-happy much?

I'm sorry but if you show up to an innocent person's house and they end up dead then something is seriously wrong with law enforcement tactics.

I read somewhere that US police officers get about 90 hours of firearms training before going on the job. They get about 10 hours of de-escalation training.

Far be it for me to judge, but I dunno if I would invest money in de-escalation when 99% of actual criminals are armed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New AMD Adrenaline Drivers
2. Re: New AMD Adrenaline Drivers Oct 26, 2018, 19:10 eRe4s3r

Hanneth wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 16:40:
Still no fix for the Fraken DRM?
So I still can't use my two monitors because of the MPAA criminal organization and AMD's incompetence!
It used to work fine, unfortunately I can't go back to the working drivers because some of my games won't work with the old drivers.
It has been almost 10 months, how incompetent are their driver team?
I know finding bugs can be hard if something is hard to reproduce, but they know exactly how to reproduce the problem.

You mean HDMI /HDCP\ signal only going to 1 monitor?

News Comments > Pathfinder: Kingmaker Gets Free Bloody Mess DLC
5. Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Gets Free Bloody Mess DLC Oct 26, 2018, 05:49 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 10:26:
Harsh but fair in this thread. Still, I'm loving the game, hopefully they stick with it and patch this up fully. As far as I can tell, all the artisan questlines (side quests) seem to be broken somewhere in the chain, haven't finished any of them yet, due to missing quest pieces or areas not showing up.

Also, the kingdom management portion needs a serious rework or mod, it could be a game all by itself really, but the time frames for Projects vs Events are so out of whack it makes most Projects too risky to undertake. Why the hell would anyone tie up an Advisor or even your Baron PC for 14 to 120 days, where you CANNOT stop to run the barony/kingdom, and it burns to the ground basically?

Still, my squad is steamrolling right now in the questing portion, and my Kingdom is at Serene level, and growing. 5 Zones now, with some 2nd level towns. I'll try to finish the main questline with this group.

Also, this game desperately needs a Teleport mod. There are Barbarian NPCs you meet later who have witches who teleport them around, and you're telling me my burgeoning Barony can't scrape together some magic users to set up some Teleport gates/nodes or something? Is my guy still traveling on foot, for fuck's sake? Travel takes forever, even with light encumberance...

To me the best "worst" thing is that you can 100% miss having a treasurer if you play an evil character. And why are advisors (function, not quest interactions) not sourced from custom party members??? If this is kingdom mode then I am the grinding king and I DECIDE WHO IS ADVISOR AND WHO ISN'T. But nay, the game says, you take our fancy written NPC's or bust.

Everything in this game seems like it was implemented with zero thought spent how it interacts with kingdom mode, you can really REALLY tell this was a late kickstarter funding goal "perk" that they unlocked and obviously never really had planned to implement from the ground up.

Honestly, the game became much more enjoyable when you disabled that part. Though you can mod the times for events to be 1 day.. except this actually breaks the game, it seems every event you complete counts as a negative to your stability.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 25, 2018, 13:18 eRe4s3r

It seems nobody at Microsoft reads the Insider database, reported 3 months ago....

And this is why I have all updates deferred...

News Comments > Stellaris MegaCorp Announced
10. Re: Stellaris MegaCorp Announced Oct 25, 2018, 05:26 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 23:47:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 22:38:
Ozmodan wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 22:16:
I stopped buying any Paradox games. They milk their playerbase with small DLC packs constantly. Stellaris is not as bad as some of their other games, but I got to the point I just have deleted all their games off of my steam account.

You don't *have* to get the DLC though, do you? Just play vanilla.
They always do big free updates when a DLC drops so you can play the vanilla game for years and get constant improvements. I haven't bought any HOI IV DLC and have no issues playing that game.

That said, I do get why people think they are missing enough that the game isn't worth playing. It isn't true, but most other games have that problem so it's understandable to apply it here. Stellaris and CK2 are insta buys for me, but I wait for sales for the other games.

Actually Paradox "updates" move previously basic vanilla features into DLC locking you completely out of em if you don't pay $$$, a problem you can enjoy in CK2.

Meanwhile in Stellaris they change the entire game between updates, so one has to even asked "what vanilla version" at this point. The one with multiple FTL methods or the one with only 1?

I call that a downgrade... the game has turned more and more into a RTS instead of becoming more and more like SOTS. /me mumbles and grumbles, game has turned into something I actually don't enjoy playing anymore.

News Comments > Pathfinder: Kingmaker Gets Free Bloody Mess DLC
2. Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Gets Free Bloody Mess DLC Oct 25, 2018, 05:17 eRe4s3r

Not to mention they also ship the buggy mess DLC, for free, to everyone.... and that ain't a toggle.  

News Comments > Priest Simulator Announced
24. Re: Priest Simulator Announced Oct 24, 2018, 16:32 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 15:11:
You know God can't lie because God told you he can't lie?
Don't you need a second God that says God can't not lie to figure out if the first God is lying or not?

And what about the god of lies.... (Dolos)

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2018, 16:30 eRe4s3r

Yes, Samsung DOES release updates that make your phone slower, but most of it is the battery slowly failing, which is not replaceable for a reason...  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 24, 2018, 04:14 eRe4s3r

Imo this is something every indy should take to heart, your language offerings decide your success because you can never predict where your game will spike, this game had the full range of western languages as well as Japanese and Chinese. That's how you do it. If you cover 99% of the world (that consumes entertainment media from iOS store) you are bound for success with at least a somewhat higher chance.

I've been talking myself dry trying to convince many indy devs I worked with to do this. Too expensive they said, no ROI they said... yeah. They all be bankrupt now.

General Discussion > Favorite Listening material while working?
5. Re: Favorite Listening material while working? Oct 23, 2018, 16:35 eRe4s3r

Ant wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 18:33:
Blue wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 18:31:
Ant wrote on Oct 21, 2018, 14:51:
I just randomize my favorite songs from my collection

Same here. I just dug into how to get the media buttons on my keyboard to skip tracks in VLC even when it's not in focus, so this works even better for me than before.
I still use old school Winamp! Haha.

Media buttons work in Winamp too ;p And I also still use it, library scan and functions are what I need, and it works nicely with steamlink too.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 23, 2018, 15:51 eRe4s3r

Speaking of Huawai... I just got me a Huawei M5 and am.. happy with it. EU has no trade-war with china for this stuff so the price was pretty neat. And after some tinkering and deleting it's a fairly clean platform. Much cleaner than anything you could ever achieve on a Samsung tablet.. my old one died a battery death.

On that note I also spend nearly 2hours trying to get my google account to sync.. turns out yo need to enable an obscure setting that is linked fucking NOWHERE on the account page so that you can login from new devices... wow. Only after enabling that

(here -> https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha )

Could I actually get the damn thing to work correctly with my synced data. bleh.

And no, that setting has NOTHING to do with frigging captchas, it's needed to login in the actual device structure of Android from a new device, no captcha, just going there, enabling, and then logging in.

Who designed this and WHY????

News Comments > Priest Simulator Announced
12. Re: Priest Simulator Announced Oct 23, 2018, 05:05 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 21:30:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 20:57:
We may all go to hell for watching this...Well...at least myself...

We're all going to "hell" regardless. The word "hell" is a bad translation of the Hebrew word Sheol and the Greek word Hades which simply mean "the common grave for humanity." It describes the condition of death as an unconscious-state, free from eternal torture (Jesus called it a sleep-like condition). Yes, even for evil people. No one suffers eternal damnation. Conversely, no one is blissfully floating around in clouds with harps and halos. Humans cease to exist when they die, and their bodies dissolve back into the essential natural elements. Without the vital organs keeping the body and mind alive, a soul effectively dies.

Did you convert to Naturalism when I didn't look?
Auguste Comte would definitely like your post

News Comments > Artifact Beta Delayed
1. Re: Artifact Beta Delayed Oct 22, 2018, 13:51 eRe4s3r

A 10 day beta test for a CARD game that is solely played in MP where hundreds of thousands of interactions need to be checked?

Good luck with that Valve. TES:L SparkyPants didn't manage a bug-free experience in a whole month of active game.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Oct 22, 2018, 13:49 eRe4s3r

Avus wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 11:42:
who are the people in UK keep buying Sims4? they are on top ten every month!!

The same people who buy a physical copy of a MMO

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 21, 2018, 13:41 eRe4s3r

So the game is a lagfest then? 20hz is snail speed, might as well play with a modem again.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 21, 2018, 08:05 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Oct 20, 2018, 17:40:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2018, 16:46:
I don't understand why people are allowed to use their own PCs at tournaments.

They don't.

They're allowed to bring their own keyboard and mouse though to use on the tournament machine. I guess people get the hacks on the machines by using custom drivers on the USB mouse/keyboard... but this particular tournament had that locked down too... the drivers needed to be submitted prior and inspected by the organizers... it's rumored that this guy was able to pull hacks out of his steam cloud account, possibly using uploaded screenshots with extra payloads. There are reports of him spending a weird amount of time on the tournament machine looking at his Steam profile and screenshots (who looks at their own screenshots while preparing for tournament?).

You don't even use screenshots for this, you can upload anything, yes, ANYTHING to the mod workshop on steam.

For example, when you make your workshop upload in-game of Cities Skyline, you can in-between the process open the temp folder and replace the files. Looks like a legit mod, except you don't make it public and so only you see it.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 20, 2018, 15:19 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2018, 15:12:
And this suck is news why?

You read it and commented about it, that's why. ^^

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 20, 2018, 10:58 eRe4s3r

grinding down the chip to get better temperatures is... unique

But I can't help but feel that if this the problem then why isn't intel using liquid metal TIM ? They could sell way higher clocking and boosting cpu's for more.

It just baffles me

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2018, 00:25 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 14:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 14:04:
Man flu hit everyone in my reach, and through a miracle all I got was a scratchy throat, no coughs no runny nose, nothing.. meanwhile everyone around me is nearly dying of coughing fits at night. And best of all, the vaccination was this week, and NOBODY could get it because they were all already sick. A+ in timing there.
You are aware that the common cold and the flu both strike during the same time. But one is not like the other and they are not interchangeable.

I am aware, and clearly it must be a cold otherwise I don't think I would be here commenting, just mixed up the 2 things because I was thinking of my flu vaccination Just found the timing super awesome, actually had my flu vaccination lined up this week and had to cancel it ;(

News Comments > Gone Gold - Call of Cthulhu
8. Re: Gone Gold - Call of Cthulhu Oct 18, 2018, 14:08 eRe4s3r

Honestly have no idea what kind of game that is even gonna be from this trailer alone, had to google what they were talking about with the PnP reference as well.

It sure doesn't look like an RPG.. so what is it?

12726 Comments. 637 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo