Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10752 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Alert 2 Shown in VR
4. Re: Red Alert 2 Shown in VR Nov 9, 2016, 22:00 eRe4s3r

I find it really odd that when they ported/remade this to UE4, they decided one of the things they had to port was the absolutely GOD AWFUL GUI functionality (or the complete lack of any)  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
101. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 09:24 eRe4s3r

Congrats to my American friends for finally being over this god awful election campaign period and voting the messiah to power (or the anti-christ, if you are a Clinton fan). I really doubt you will get what was written on the tin in this case though.. but hey, you voted and that is how it is.

Also as a German I have to echo my bedazzlement about your media over there. I've barely ever seen such a shit flinging contest before, 90% of the coverage in the last 3 days would have been illegal in Germany, and for good reason. Elections are not the dick measurement contest of media company EXECS, but it seems that is exactly what they have deteriorated to and that makes me incredibly sad.

Either way, Clinton would have lost against a screaming goat, it didn't matter who was up for election, people are fed up with the "establishment" and I can hardly fault them for it. I just hope this doesn't have influence on our elections next year... I don't think I could handle a 2nd such election campaign in such a short time

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 8, 2016, 17:02 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 10:52:
I remember when Tylenol manufacturers had to run full-page ads in major newspapers warning that if you were a drunk and took tylenol that your liver would fail. At least Samsung phones don't cause liver failure.

2nd and 3rd degree burns are far more deadly though, and 3rd degree burns don't heal, ever. Unlike a liver as we just learned a week ago

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 6, 2016, 17:21 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 16:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 12:16:
Wish it would deepen, but the corrupt car lobby makes up nearly 30% of German Industries.. and many politions are linked to the scandal here as well. So unsurprisingly nothing will happen here due to this. VW even had the balls to come out and say that a defeat device that defeats a testing cycle is not illegal (to which even our corrupt politicians had choice harsh words)

In the end, in some way I am glad the US pushes for this, because this stupid diesel tech is a crutch on cars here for nearly 30 years now. Diesel to this day is subsidized at the fuel station so everyone not driving a diesel literally pays for it anyway. This whole thing is fucked up. ;(

That's what vexes me the most. You look at countries with draconian laws like the three strikes laws in the US where guys are literally in prison for life for dumb shit like shoplifting. And here were have felony fraud on an unparalleled scale and not one fucking person will go to jail, much likely even lose their job or bonues/stock options, etc. Like Marvin said, "makes me wanna holler, throw up both my hands."

Unless it's tax evasion or financial fraud (especially when it comes to stock related reporting laws) you won't ever see the higher echelons of limited liability company constructs go behind bars here

And like you I don't get why the USA has 3% diesel, but Germany, a country that isn't blessed by vast landscapes and distances, has 53% ... makes no sense

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 6, 2016, 17:03 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 16:35:
http://i.imgur.com/tcO7LIr.jpg

COD Failure, I still don't understand why this game is 60gb uncompressed 1080p video cut scenes?

Call of Duty 4 remastered is 43gb

video only makes up 7gb according to a reddit post, the rest is audio/graphics/levels/scripts

It's really quite baffling how they managed 60gb, but I assume alone 25gb of that are gonna be textures, another 5gb meshes and another 10gb or so audio (with localization) the rest is level baking. Remember the engine isn't dynamic, everything in a level is meticulously staged and scripted. And especially destruction and their whole space level thing is gonna cost some extra space

Dunno if they still use same engine as in cod 4, but if they do then all kinds of scripts are also a huge space thing.

6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 6, 2016, 16:23 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 13:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 13:18:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 12:37:
Wish it would deepen, but the corrupt car lobby makes up nearly 30% of German Industries.. and many politions are linked to the scandal here as well. So unsurprisingly nothing will happen here due to this. VW even had the balls to come out and say that a defeat device that defeats a testing cycle is not illegal (to which even our corrupt politicians had choice harsh words)

In the end, in some way I am glad the US pushes for this, because this stupid diesel tech is a crutch on cars here for nearly 30 years now. Diesel to this day is subsidized at the fuel station so everyone not driving a diesel literally pays for it anyway. This whole thing is fucked up. ;(
Diesel is cheaper to produce. Is it subsidized or just not heavily taxed like guzzolene. http://www.fuel-prices-europe.info/

% taxed as part of the price
69,8% super e10
64,3% diesel

So yeah, diesel is taxed less despite being worse for the environment.
It's 3ct cheaper to produce in Germany by the way (compared to Super E10), so the price should be much closer, if not equal.
In the USA we call that supply and demand pricing.

You misunderstood me, the price difference is nearly entirely from different taxation. If we removed all taxation, then diesel would only be 3ct cheaper. That is supply/demand pricing.

But the tax, specifically the energy tax (which taxes Co˛ emissions, and not NoX emissions/fine particles) is higher and thus we get this disparity. It is one of the crutches the car lobby has implemented into our fuel taxation fully knowing that diesel engines don't emit as much co˛, and with maintaining lower diesel price they could sell their Diesel cars and thus meet the Co˛ emission standards for their entire catalog, while at the same time, exceeding nox emissions limits (Which are sadly not enforced *yet) by factor 20 and introducing fine particles into city atmospheres which is a huge factor in lung problems/cancer and asthma in children. And there is already talk of a "diesel ban" in inner cities... ;p

Take it from a German. The US crusade against VW is the best thing that could ever have happened to that corrupt company to push it out of its self imposed lethargy. Now we suddenly hear of battery research investments in the billions and electric cars being developed..

Mind you, we have no such vast distances as the USA But what we do have is an entire federal state sitting nearly at the helm at VW, that is, ministers sitting at VW, entire vast regions there depend on VW for employment because they never tried to diversify... and such a thing always leads to corruption. If you wonder why VW tried to pull such a stunt, the answer is there. They honestly, seriously thought that they could get away with it even if found out. And why would they worry? In Germany the head politician responsible for traffic is in the bag of the carmaker lobby. And he prevented any private lawsuits.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2016, 16:29.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 6, 2016, 14:15 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 13:10:
LOL MS

http://tinyurl.com/zwpaunh

Real news is that Civ 6 outsells Call of Duty on steam.. that can't be right... ;p

3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 6, 2016, 13:18 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 12:37:

Diesel is cheaper to produce. Is it subsidized or just not heavily taxed like guzzolene. http://www.fuel-prices-europe.info/

% taxed as part of the price
69,8% super e10
64,3% diesel

So yeah, diesel is taxed less despite being worse for the environment.
It's 3ct cheaper to produce in Germany by the way (compared to Super E10), so the price should be much closer, if not equal.

1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 6, 2016, 12:16 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced
34. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 6, 2016, 11:12 eRe4s3r

shiho wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 03:58:
descender wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 00:28:
How many developers should be bowing to the concerns of 0.2% of their users? It's time to get over that.

The people who actually bothered to file the petition, do not represent all the people who dislike the graphics style.

Plus, it's objectively terrible. The ground is blurry. The characters look like overdressed flamingoes. My male mage looked like an Asian woman.

Just changing the colors would not really fix the visuals of this game. That is the one misconception that petition had. First, they'd have to give it an actual visual style. Make things look not like they're made out of carton. Carton swords, carton shields. Just no. Give characters and monsters a memorable visual identity.

When I think what Diablo3 COULD'VE looked like with the Diablo2 team recreating that style in 3D, with full use of normal mapping to create solid-looking surfaces made out of metal, wood, etc, detailed environments... fleshed-out character archetypes that are easy to visually identify (like they were in Diablo2)...man, I can only dream.

But then it wouldn't have run on (back then) low end hardware. You can still play D3 just fine on an i3 with intel gpu... in the end it is something inherent to Blizzard though, Warcraft 3, WoW, Overwatch, Diablo 3 and HOTS, all look visually alike to me. And that is not a good thing. Diablo 3 in some ways actually looks worse than Warcraft 3

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
15. Re: SAG-AFTRA on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Nov 6, 2016, 07:35 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 18:28:
They'll all be replaced, voice synthesizers are progressively getting better and someone is going to combine that technology with something like autotune algorithms eventually to make either anyone replace their voice with another or go natural speech right from text-to-speech conversion.

Last Photoshop audio software allows for voice modulation that you can no longer tell apart as fake. As in, even voice ID is tricked by it.

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
21. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 5, 2016, 13:12 eRe4s3r

So windows 10 users can only play online with other Windows 10 users? Talk about a ghost town right from the start!

This would be really strange by the way, you'd think online play would be "PC wide" and not bound to an OS... not sure how you would even manage to fuck this up, as the game uses activision server backend and a global server, not steam... so yeah, wtf?

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta
9. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta Nov 5, 2016, 10:13 eRe4s3r

MacLeod wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 09:54:
It's so weird to hear someone actually say "Warhammer Fourty-Thousand"... so used to just hearing people call it "Warhammer 40K".

Funny fact, the actual trademark is Warhammer 40,000

But obviously nobody cares, not even the steam tags (Which list it as (Warhammer 40k) though developers and GW most definitely care as there isn't actually a trademark for Warhammer 40k ^^

News Comments > Tyranny Trailer
9. Re: Tyranny Trailer Nov 5, 2016, 03:04 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 22:44:
Disclaimer: I already preordered this, so I'll be getting furious at Day 1 bugs or having a great time playing relatively bug free.

I'm kinda pumped about the RPG scene still, Torment, D:OS2, Tyranny, all spaced out reasonably well the next couple of months; it should be awesome.

I am kinda hyped for this but.. remember PoE on day 0... ;p

Still, I am not going to let myself be spoilered, already regret watching the gamescom gameplay even though it was just 1 of thousand scenes, but spoiler is spoiler.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer
19. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 4, 2016, 12:42 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 12:18:
Slashman wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 11:57:
The entire ending sequence was extremely disappointing.

Instead of a major final space battle where all the races you forged alliances with come together to defeat the Reapers we got that crap.

It was just so friggin' stupid. The game was essentially perfect up until that point. I felt like they really nailed the gameplay and loot/armor system for 3. But then they pulled that ending shite.

Exactly! The ending should've been a dead giveaway: the alliances your forged came together to fuck the Reapers up. After all, the big difference the Reapers had to face in this galactic purge... was COMMANDER SHEPARD and his ability to bring all the races together!

Ugh, do you know that I'm actually getting pissed off again just thinking about the clusterfuck ending of that perfect game trilogy? *sigh*

Yeah couldn't disagree, but if you ever replay on PC, follow the link I gave you The modded ending is semi-professionally done, and is VASTLY better and should be considered canon.

Well, I consider the modded ending canon anyway....

Btw, the modded ending does add a giant space battle....

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 4, 2016, 10:07 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 21:06:
Video of Alleged ISIS Bombing in Baghdad Reveals a ‘Surprise’

"You can't handle the truth"

I am far more baffled what the purpose of the hoaxed terror attack was.... now that truth would be interesting, the fact that we now know that is a hoax could in itself have been the purpose of this hoax.

News Comments > Iron Harvest 1920+ Announced
1. Re: Iron Harvest 1920+ Announced Nov 4, 2016, 09:41 eRe4s3r

An RTS for consoles and PC... bad memories come back to me...  

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend
5. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend Nov 4, 2016, 01:36 eRe4s3r

How is the play experience for random pub play?

Nevermind, read recent reviews which link here
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/4scxwb/the_grand_list_of_many_bugs_updated/

Which is a list of all bugs in the game right now.

Then I read last review and.. was appalled ^^

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2016, 01:45.

16. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 4, 2016, 01:33 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 21:47:
Can't get stoked about this. I am as reluctant to get excited about getting this game as getting back into a relationship with the girl that broke my heart.
That fucking ending.... T_T

Yeah, but which ending
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/66/?

8. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 15:14 eRe4s3r

SlimRam wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 14:52:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 14:46:
Kelpie wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 13:11:
Anyone else spot the obvious mistake in the trailer?

No American Flag, bleached white by radiation?

Also, sounds like Clancy Brown

I still need to finish Mass Effect 3.

Yup, no American flag, also the lander doesn't look like that, the top part is gone. It's kinda how they returned to space after the moonwalk. Also, I believe the lunar rover should be visible also? Not sure about that though.

EDIT: Actually just looked it up The rover is quite a ways from the site and they predict that the flag is probably gone altogether because it was just made of nylon. The more you KNOW!

Speaking about things that one really ought to know, did every Apollo mission that landed (3 of which landed with their own rover!) plant a flag??? And did the soviets plant a flag too? And what was it made of?

Googling this resulted in a lot of confusion.. did NASA never make public the full EVA logs of missions? Can't find a damn thing on the Nasa website so maybe that is just me...

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2016, 15:25.

10752 Comments. 538 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo