Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10043 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Chronos for Oculus Rift
3. Re: Chronos for Oculus Rift Mar 28, 2016, 22:44 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 22:15:
Why are all the scenes shot in variable third person camera angles? The trailer doesn't shows anything VR.

It's 3rd person VR, ie you are observing like ... ant-farm Opinions seem to be that this works exceptionally well in VR

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Intel may turn to AMD for Radeon graphics tech licensing. Mar 28, 2016, 04:08 eRe4s3r

killer_roach wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 02:20:
And between the two of them they still probably can't write a halfway decent video driver to save their lives...

Intel can't write a decent driver for anything, lives or not

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 18:31 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 16:18:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 16:11:
Nice to see a peaceful, fun game like Stardew Valley taking the #2 spot showing that not every video game needs to have violence to be successful.

But it does actually contain violence

And sex

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor
16. Re: Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor Mar 27, 2016, 18:28 eRe4s3r

I want GTA in the WH40k universe, MAKE IT HAPPEN  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
16. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 27, 2016, 10:03 eRe4s3r

If you cared for quality you'd have a HBO subscription. Netflix shows and quality is a fair point, but aside from Daredevil nothing Netflix produced even peaked my interest.

Also you must be old as hell to have seen so many shitty movies. Personally I have a queue of movies I want to watch at some point, and a library that is shrinking isn't a service I'd pay money for. Since I'd join with the goal to watch THAT specific thing at some point in the future, and if THAT thing is removed randomly then that is not a service, that is lottery. ^^

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2016, 19:05 eRe4s3r

rudra wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 18:05:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 17:42:
As someone who just likes a good sound I think she uses way too many cymbals. Her drumming has no clear defined beat

its extremely clearly defined - you just lack the perceptual capacity to hear it

with that said, youd probably need to be a musician (or have a trained ear) already to have that ability, this is more flashy/complex/advanced than most backbeats

So this is a case of "too much too fast" ? I find this interesting because to me it really sounds more like noise. I definitely don't have any perceptual capacity to hear every part of a detailed drum performance though.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2016, 17:42 eRe4s3r

As someone who just likes a good sound I think she uses way too many cymbals. Her drumming has no clear defined beat  

24. Re: HTTPS Mar 26, 2016, 17:32 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 18:41:
jimnms wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 17:50:
Edit: I was on the HTTPS side when I posted the message, but after posting I was redirected to the non HTTPS side.

Let's see!

edit: Yup!

This seems to be fixed now?

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 26, 2016, 17:29 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 15:03:
I still only pay $7.99 a month for Netflix, and we use it a lot around here... I would gladly pay $19.99 if that enabled them to license more and better content, without having to play that shuffle game where they alternate which high-profile content they have available at any one time. They're doing pretty well with their original stuff, but that's not why I subscribe.

As for the topic of the article, you can't just look at it in plain numbers. A huge amount of the titles on there are independent and straight-to-DVD crap, which they probably get a couple hundred of for the same price as a popular TV show or blockbuster film from the past 10 years. If nobody's watching them and they get pulled by the dozens, nobody cares, and it's no reason to panic.

Ehem

Leaving Netflix in April - (selection by me)
101 Dalmatians (1996)
2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
Star Trek: Insurrection (1998)
Starship Troopers (1997)
Lord of War (2005)

the job of a library is not to reduce it's contents, in fact this is EXACTLY the reason I do not use netflix. I want to have movies in my Kodi library unchanging and forever.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 26, 2016, 06:25 eRe4s3r

A failed campaign for a game called failure.. the real failure was naming this funding failure failure

what a failure.. heh

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 25, 2016, 17:42 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 16:53:
I think people are making way more of this then they should be. All NPM needs to do is let devs remove their packages from search, but keep archive versions to address these dependency issues. If you are doing open source work and are publishing it in one of these package management repos, then you should do so with the understanding that you have a responsibility to the community to not fuck them over. The offending package was a 17 line "right justify" lib.

If he wanted to fuck the community over he could have written a "wipe all files" script in that dependency. Removing it seems rather tame.

News Comments > Dark Souls III International Release Clarified
1. Re: Dark Souls III International Release Clarified Mar 25, 2016, 17:27 eRe4s3r

So they release a broken game on the Japanese market? That takes some balls considering the abysmal PC/Console sales there.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2016, 23:18 eRe4s3r

bigspender wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 22:39:
If sticking to Japanese dietary guidelines only decreases your risk of death by 15% then that's a pretty shitty set of guidelines.

That's terrible results, especially when compared to their traditional Okinawan diets.

A whole-foods diet like the ones suggested by Dr. Michael Greger, Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. John McDougall, Dr. Cadwell Esselstyn, or Dr. Dean Ornish is way ahead in terms of mortality, heart disease, brain disease, cancers and basically all of the big killers.

Eating stuff you don't like eating is pretty much guaranteed to kill you faster though

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 24, 2016, 23:17 eRe4s3r

best quote is still from 4chan

it's pretty telling that when they turned off its ability to learn it "became a feminist"

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2016, 13:18 eRe4s3r

Finally I'd say Works fine so far  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 23, 2016, 16:37 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 16:35:
LurkerLito wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 15:34:
I'll wait for reviews of the Philips monitor, but that is the perfect sized one for 4K. I'd be really wanting it if it was OLED.

You'll need a pretty big desk...

And peripheral vision of an alien

23. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 23, 2016, 00:09 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 20:45:
Ssds still aren't a necessity, if you can't afford you can still pc game. DAI I recd about Twice the load speed performance between the two which I still good. The 70 seconds sound like a first stArtup. Lots of other smaller games do not really need it either.

By the way I hate typing on an iPhone.

Obviously both depends on your amount of patience

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 22, 2016, 14:01 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 13:16:
On D3 you basically have several loading stutters for every new area with a HDD.. very annoying.

That is... not normal.... might want to check the rest of your system out. It actually sounds like you have a 5400RPM drive and not a 7200... you certainly shouldn't be having speed issues like that (or the folder thing) because of defragging.

If you aren't, you should be using MyDefrag (with the Jaspion scripts)... or probably not manually defragging at all in Windows 7+. The built in windows 7 (and newer) defrag is greatly improved over past versions and there is almost no reason for a third party defragger anymore unless you are really trying to eek single digit frames out of your system. O&O and a host of the other "popular" 3rd-party defraggers are doing much more damage than they actually solve lately.

Yeh it's a 5400RPM drive... wanted something that was not just not hot, but also not incredibly noisy. To be frank this is why I went for 512GB SSD to begin with, I specifically planned to put games that need it on the SSD.

Running MyDefrag shows me 40% fragmentation so I think we can safely assume w7 defrag can't handle this the joke is the lower area in the fragmentation display is completely continuous, I assume these are the oldest files, but whenever I downloaded a game from steam, it basically added a huge block of fragmentation on top, so there are huge gaps between continuous files that are not filled ;/

Gonna run MyDefrag at some point, though the site this thing is hosted at seems to be down

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 22, 2016, 12:57 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 12:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 12:22:
If you leave the SSD and pick something worse than a 980TI you will direly regret it. The 3.5GB of the 970GTX are a huge hindrance for the 2nd generation VR, only reason they pick that is because most people have a 970 already... from a pure upgrade perspective, even the current generation from nvidia is not a good choice, you wanna wait till Nvidia splurges out it's VR ready GPU designs. Which will likely include some hardware based features that give it an advantage.

And no SSD... once you go SSD, you never go back. If anything I'd say 250GB is way too frigging little for a gaming rig. I have 512GB ssd and even that is barely enough. And I only have few games on it (BF3/BF4/Diablo3/Anno2205/World of Warships/ETS 2 and XCOM 2)

Basically, those games where a decent SSD is mandatory. A slow HDD can make Diablo 3 entirely unplayable for example.

So don't be skimpy on upgrading your PC, because if you are you gonna be upgrading again and again. VR gen 2 is a moving target currently, so upgrade decisions should always keep that in mind.

SSD's are great but they aren't necessities. I have two systems with and 2 without, games play fine on them all. Loads are faster on the SSD, surprise. I never played Diablo 3 but if it requires a SSD then it sucks on another level to now. Is it because of long loads?

If one was building a pc just for VR and was budget minded, wouldn't the smart money be on waiting for the next gen video cards?

Yes.. well imo waiting for next gen video cards IS the smart move.

Btw the situation with these games is not load times (although for BF3/BF4 ssd is mandatory unless you like waiting forever, but loading stutters. On D3 you basically have several loading stutters for every new area with a HDD.. very annoying. Same for WoS and Anno2205, in Anno specifically new buildings are "loaded in" as they appear which can sometimes take a good 3 seconds during which you just see an empty area instead of a building...

A good non fragmented HDD can still handle it though, but in my case I have a 4TB barracuda and fragmentation is a HUGE issue there. We are talking large directory structures taking a good 5 seconds to load in fragmented state, vs instant load in non fragmented state.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 22, 2016, 12:22 eRe4s3r

If you leave the SSD and pick something worse than a 980TI you will direly regret it. The 3.5GB of the 970GTX are a huge hindrance for the 2nd generation VR, only reason they pick that is because most people have a 970 already... from a pure upgrade perspective, even the current generation from nvidia is not a good choice, you wanna wait till Nvidia splurges out it's VR ready GPU designs. Which will likely include some hardware based features that give it an advantage.

And no SSD... once you go SSD, you never go back. If anything I'd say 250GB is way too frigging little for a gaming rig. I have 512GB ssd and even that is barely enough. And I only have few games on it (BF3/BF4/Diablo3/Anno2205/World of Warships/ETS 2 and XCOM 2)

Basically, those games where a decent SSD is mandatory. A slow HDD can make Diablo 3 entirely unplayable for example.

So don't be skimpy on upgrading your PC, because if you are you gonna be upgrading again and again. VR gen 2 is a moving target currently, so upgrade decisions should always keep that in mind.

10043 Comments. 503 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo