Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11617 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2017, 00:53 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2017, 12:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 23, 2017, 06:30:
Nucas wrote on Jul 23, 2017, 00:47:
my air conditioner broke about 2 weeks ago, was waiting on a replacement control board or something which finally got installed this morning. it's been over 95 degrees in my house every day for about 10 days now, and hasn't gotten below 87 even at night. i'm pleased i can finally turn my gaming pc/blast furnace on again.

Sleeping at 87F interior temp sounds like hell

I times like that, you sleep nekkid!

I already do that at 77F.... Don't my European climate trained body could handle 87F, not with humidity at 70% or higher anyway... I'd move my bed to the cellar at that point. (I can't sleep with an AC going 24/7, the noise drives me insane)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 24, 2017, 00:50 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Jul 23, 2017, 18:22:
Luke wrote on Jul 23, 2017, 16:54:
That list says alot about pc gaming ...sad

The list shows that a wide variety of games (both in terms of genre and budget) can be successful on PC. How is that sad?

Well...
H1Z1 - Early access
Kingdoms and Castles - Early access
PGL 2017 Krakow CS:GO Major Championship Mega Bundle - not even a game
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Early access
Total War: WARHAMMER II - Pre-orders
Dark and Light - Early Access

I don't find the list sad though, it's worth noting that hal of it isn't even finished games.. and I start to REALLY hate early access

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2017, 06:30 eRe4s3r

Nucas wrote on Jul 23, 2017, 00:47:
my air conditioner broke about 2 weeks ago, was waiting on a replacement control board or something which finally got installed this morning. it's been over 95 degrees in my house every day for about 10 days now, and hasn't gotten below 87 even at night. i'm pleased i can finally turn my gaming pc/blast furnace on again.

Sleeping at 87F interior temp sounds like hell

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 22, 2017, 18:51 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 20:42:
MacLeod wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 19:04:
Did this guy ever deliver on his last Kickstarter? The Alice movie/shorts thing he was doing?
this ? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spicyhorse/alice-otherlands

Can be looked at on youtube btw
Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0sC1QY4NayIXSjQs3WNHVAke4zS6lXiC

But yeah, after this I am more convinced than ever that Alice: Madness Returns was an accident that had nothing to do with mcGees involvement....

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2017, 19:57.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 18:33 eRe4s3r

That teen story is appalling... but so is that acid attack trend in the UK

Sociopaths wherever you look, and no vigilante group around to fuck their lives up....

The story sounds like short-circuit reaction by the dude who died though. Attempted suicide? Mental disorder? Either way, appalling.

News Comments > Planet Coaster Licensed Content DLC
3. Re: Planet Coaster Licensed Content DLC Jul 22, 2017, 01:58 eRe4s3r

This seems.. a really odd DLC for a Coaster simulation that still doesn't have a third of the coasters nor a 10th of the rides of RTC3...

Basically 3 times card rides with different skins, and nothing adding to the basic construction sets so we can actually design proper park around these themes.. meh!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 21, 2017, 00:41 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 23:35:
Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 21:28:
Yeah, more like the Pipedream Loop. Is there some reason he couldn't just do a high speed bullet train like the rest of the planet? It may not be a hyperloop but it would still be a huge benefit.

Eh, in essence the cost of construction would be reasonably comparable, so if you're going to build something, might as well go for the best available option.

The problem is of course that it isn't available. The technology doesn't work yet.

Hey, Elon is just talking his share price up, because investors apparently really ARE that fucking dumb. (seriously, why is Tesla valued higher than Ford or GM? That's just fucking nuts.)

Because a company that focuses on automated self-driving electric/hybrid cars, one on vacuum tube trains, and one on space travel.... well, guess what a company selection like that is needed for.

Hint: off-world colonies

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 20, 2017, 23:26 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 17:16:
I've already received a warning from my ISP last year when I went to download a episode of GoT for my mother since she can't stay up that late to watch it on HBO. Thought it was bullshit then I checked the header and found it was pretty darn legit.

*cough* filehosters *cough*

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 20, 2017, 23:03 eRe4s3r

Shineyguy wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 22:34:
Sucks, I liked his singing and the music he's made. Had 6 kids too.

6 kids and 2 wives...

Anyhow, great loss ;(

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 20, 2017, 17:59 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 15:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 14:10:
Considering this is the first time we get a male voice option, can I just say that THAT is what truly sexist here? Give me Vin Diesel over squeaky high pitched female voice-that-sounds-like-a-robot options any day of the week!

Bixby hopefully ships in German at some point ;p
Ps.: German voice of Vin Diesel is Markus Ke▀ler, he also voices Nicoloas Cage, and he seriously sounds more awesome than Nicolas Cage... though nothing beats the original Vin Diesel

Has there not been a male voice for Siri in German? I'm pretty sure we've had an English male Siri for a while.

yeah, that's the same voice we have for German, and it sounds exactly as you envision it. An english dude trying to pronounce German words, 100% wrongly, all the time.

Which is why I always laugh when SIRI comes up anywhere, great assistant, IN ENGLISH. Horrible nightmares guaranteed in German. Wonder if that changed or is still this way (Haven't checked anything related to Apple for a few years)

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 20, 2017, 14:56 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 14:30:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 14:10:
Considering this is the first time we get a male voice option, can I just say that THAT is what truly sexist here?
Males are rejoicing everywhere after shattering this once thought impossibly high glass ceiling, true equality has finally been reached.

I don't need true equality, I just need a voice option that sounds like melting hot chocolate tastes

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2017, 14:34 eRe4s3r

Hoop wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 00:15:
Just a wee way into Doom love it, love the maps, beautiful.
Only having set it up all pretty I feel a need for the flashlight from the last doom, which btw I liked, in order to look around before exiting a room.
And don't shout such sacrilege as "turn your gamma up" ... philistines.

Seriously, turn your gamma up ^^ You won't be finding half the secrets otherwise...

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2017, 14:33 eRe4s3r

1badmf wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 01:12:
Simon Says wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 13:44:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 13:05:
I kind of doubt the T-Rex would have been a successful predator if it couldn't move above a slow walk. DO they think it perched in trees and jumped down on unsuspecting prey? Or hid in the bushes until something just walked into its jaws?

If the T-Rex couldn't run, I doubt the brachiosaurs and the other giant grazers could either, in the past it was just assumed that they did like they assumed the T-Rex did.

It is also possible that the T-Rex wasn't a predator after all, but a scavenger, eating already dead animals killed by other, more nimble carnivores. Its quite easy to imagine a T-Rex stumbling upon a corpse being eaten by raptor-like dinosaurs, scaring the latters away to claim the corpse as his own, or simply sharing it, profiting from the smaller dinosaurs successfull hunt.

unlikely he was just, or even primarily, a scavenger. carnivorous size highly correlates with predation. think of all the big meat eaters on earth today - they're the biggest and the meanest for a reason - they get first dibs. a scavenger wouldn't need the size and probably wouldn't get enough food to support it.

trex needed that bulk to kill bulky things; no other reason.

No meat eater today is larger than an elephant, and nothing on this planet is larger than a steppe mammoth aside from wales. (which don't count due to only eating plankton, which can hardly be called "predation" ) And Mammoths were herbivores, with the occasional small bite of meat.

If the hunting grounds of a T-REX were filled to the brim with enormous sized, dumb, slow moving herbivores then it could have still been possible that it was hunting though. If something was larger than a T-REX, then it was probably also much slower.

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 20, 2017, 14:10 eRe4s3r

Considering this is the first time we get a male voice option, can I just say that THAT is what truly sexist here? Give me Vin Diesel over squeaky high pitched female voice-that-sounds-like-a-robot options any day of the week!

Bixby hopefully ships in German at some point ;p
Ps.: German voice of Vin Diesel is Markus Ke▀ler, he also voices Nicoloas Cage, and he seriously sounds more awesome than Nicolas Cage... though nothing beats the original Vin Diesel

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
15. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 20, 2017, 02:50 eRe4s3r

aka_STEVE wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 18:25:
**changes DOOM in STEAM -> to NOT update automatically ..**

Yeah, good luck with that considering that setting literally doesn't exist anymore....

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
14. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 20, 2017, 02:49 eRe4s3r

dangerman77 wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 20:30:
This is nearly as bad as Obsidian unleashing 2+ GB patches for minor Pillars of Eternity fixes.

Omg.. and I thought I was the only one pissed off about this (related to PoE) I uninstalled Doom months ago, SSD space is precious

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 20, 2017, 02:40 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 21:31:
Yeah everyone is real surprised by the WH approval on that. /s

Oh really? So why isn't AirBnB being held to that standard. Seems to me anyone renting a "hotel" room should have to comply with every country's disability act to enure equal access. I'd actually love to see that and kill that bullshit company off.

It's rare but in this case I agree... if it applies to Uber and Taxis then it applies to AirBnB and hotels.. it's just fair

And I wouldn't cry a single tear if those 2 companies died....

News Comments > Telltale Announces New Batman; The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us Series
3. Re: Telltale Announces New Batman; The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us Series Jul 20, 2017, 02:28 eRe4s3r

More Clementine is always good, more Bigsby is better.

But yeah, only when all episodes are released... seriously hate this piece-meal episodic stuff.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
24. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 19, 2017, 17:14 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 13:31:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 15:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 15:32:
I don't think any high intelligence would put "mass genocide" on it's to-do list... at least not intentionally and unprovoked. So there is that.
Actually, this is part of the problem. There is no reason to believe any created intelligence would share our values. Unless we somehow manage to integrate them, which when you actually think about it, isn't an easy thing to do. So, if you suddenly have something which thinks much faster than you, but has no morals or sense of right and wrong.... well, the problems are obvious.

Right, and as Asimov is always so fond of pointing out (60 years ago!), the AI can always interpret specific prime directives thinking it's doing the right thing when it's in fact causing harm.

Only when the prime directives are a logical paradox, and we know already which 3 prime directives NOT to use

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2017, 16:08 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 14:41:
Simon Says wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 13:44:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 13:05:
I kind of doubt the T-Rex would have been a successful predator if it couldn't move above a slow walk. DO they think it perched in trees and jumped down on unsuspecting prey? Or hid in the bushes until something just walked into its jaws?

If the T-Rex couldn't run, I doubt the brachiosaurs and the other giant grazers could either, in the past it was just assumed that they did like they assumed the T-Rex did.

It is also possible that the T-Rex wasn't a predator after all, but a scavenger, eating already dead animals killed by other, more nimble carnivores. Its quite easy to imagine a T-Rex stumbling upon a corpse being eaten by raptor-like dinosaurs, scaring the latters away to claim the corpse as his own, or simply sharing it, profiting from the smaller dinosaurs successfull hunt.

In another article I read, it said the herbivore contepmoraries of TRex like diplodocus and triceratops were slower than 12 mph.

Makes perfect sense too, they didn't have roads to walk on after all. For most of the big ones, rain+mud was probably a mortal danger.

11617 Comments. 581 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo