Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 10049 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Issues
10. Re: Quantum Break PC Issues Apr 8, 2016, 12:17 eRe4s3r

I had a laughing attack when he mentioned FPS lock, at 5/6 of your refresh rate, quick math shows me that this would mean that with no vsync setting in existence would you get non jittery gameplay.

Or basically, this engine was coded by retards, same for UWP which is not just coded by retards, but I believe they are intentionally gimping the games made for it so that they never look right on PC no matter your hardware.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2016, 11:30 eRe4s3r

Powerusers do not use Chromium...  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 6, 2016, 10:15 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 09:38:
also, all reports seem to indicate that the mid-range consumer cards will be on xGDDR5, HBM2 is only for the top end. Also, the brand new super memory isn't going to make things cheaper. 16GB isn't going to be available for $300, that I can tell you right now, I'd honestly be VERY surprised to see the prohibitively expensive HBM2 available in a consumer card for less than $800.

So all in all...

what are you smoking? cause I'd like some.

I am smoking hope with the aroma of tears. Obviously

But competition is gonna lower prices at some point, specifically for the 980TI which I think would be a steal at 500€ or 400€ ...

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy
60. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 6, 2016, 05:48 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 00:04:
Six months after this shit had finally died, here comes Beamdog. "Hey, lets put it back into a game we're actually selling you for money, that'll REALLY get us millions of fans."

Some people simply like to see the world burn.

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 6, 2016, 05:37 eRe4s3r

If the P100 is a sign of things to come then AMD is in deep trouble. Building such a huge DIE with so many enabled cores means they have exceptional yields in 16nm process. This also means that nvidia could compete with lower prices in the mid-range where you still have insane performance boosts due to HBM2 and more efficient cores...

Sigh, if only they'd release consumer versions of ANYTHING..

Ps.: That google story is hilariously sad.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy
24. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 13:02 eRe4s3r

This is what happens when you retcon writing of a cult classic, you step into a minefield, and personally I think this expansion is a travesty undeserving of the Baldurs Gate name. They changed characters existing already, specifically MINSC and Saf.. whatever her name was.

But hey, I think the entire "Enhanced Edition" nonsense is a travesty. Their writing staff is inferior and clearly exhibits some kind of inferior complex in their writing styles... and I can't be arsed to have 2016 hot topics in a game from the 90ies.

If the SJW's want to fuck up games, they can fuck up their own games.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 5, 2016, 04:07 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 02:26:
No love for the greatest space sim ever made?

more like no love for boring 30 minute Q/A videos

I really wonder when SQ42 will actually release, last I checked we have April 2016...

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic
17. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 4, 2016, 17:25 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 13:49:
KS wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 13:23:
"We don't want the youths of today learning the bad things of the past -- the only skin we want the modern young man seeing is the 'skin' on the surface of burst organs!"

You say this jokingly, but it is a rather stark realization to make: what if we're going full circle, and the blowback against "sexism" and "sexualization" eventually results in stuff like Victorian dresses and swimsuits that show nothing but bare hands and feet become the norm again... Then of course the same type of people push back against that "oppression" and we're back to bikinis another few decades later?

This is more a style thing and this always goes in cycles, full body armor on the beech is gonna be the new style choice soon enough And it can look pretty sexy with enough curvature.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 4, 2016, 09:33 eRe4s3r

what about tubes?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 3, 2016, 15:57 eRe4s3r

+ Samira Wiley's complex portrayal of Michonne
- Everything else

Hehe

I guess they have their interns do these episodes nowadays

News Comments > Fool Me Once 2016
18. Re: Fool Me Once 2016 Apr 2, 2016, 08:30 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Apr 2, 2016, 04:25:
DarkCntry wrote on Apr 2, 2016, 04:13:
nin wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 22:02:
Bumpy wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 18:49:
So idiots hit Mic Drop instead of Send and cry about it. Typical blame something else besides themselves society.

Well, they put the button right next to the other "send" button. I could see how someone in a hurry would maybe hit the wrong one...

(Oh course, also skeptical of the "I lost my job" sort of posts as well. On 4/1, who can tell who's telling the truth?)

The button was a vastly different color, had an animated mic drop, and said "Send + *mic drop animation*...if you somehow hit that by mistake you could easily have rectified it by sending one via the real button...but really, would you want to employ people who can't differentiate between the two buttons?

It's not like Google went "hey, let's create this new button, offset the old button and put the new one in it's place"...only then would I believe the sob stories, and even then my level of sympathy would be nil because people should actually pay attention.

That is actually what happened, while it didn't replace the normal send button, it did replace the "Send + Archive" button. Which if you're used to clicking that, you'd be clicking the mic drop button instead.

And you would not get any replies from that "email thread" , which is the ACTUAL reason it was removed after mere 30minutes... and this explains how you could lose a job over this, if I am talking with a client and send him stuff, and he asks for corrections ASAP before shipping and I never get the mail then yeah..

News Comments > Fool Me Once 2016
7. Re: Fool Me Once 2016 Apr 1, 2016, 15:09 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 14:05:
Google...derp.

Huge derp.. in the region of "what were they thinking"

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 1, 2016, 09:00 eRe4s3r

ZeroPike1 wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 04:39:
This is alot like how Belgium got hit. You have super long lines of people waiting. Its such a golden target. These long lines are not only a pain in the ass, but a major security threat.

And pushing these lines as they plan now in EU in FRONT of the airport entrance will make future terror attacks even worse and easier to execute with even more innocents in danger.

Self perpetuating security nightmare... or how they want to improve security but actually decrease everyones security.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Apr 1, 2016, 08:03 eRe4s3r

I like my steam controller more and more Dynamically changing assignments when mouse pointer is visible is extremely useful in some games, but especially in video player applications, where mouse pointer activates overlay, but player controls are KB commands that control the actual playback. So hitting one doesn't activate the other if properly configured.. very neat  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2016, 03:06 eRe4s3r

I still rock a Philips 202P7 which is not from a company that did price fixing apparently  

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 1, 2016, 01:18 eRe4s3r

Simulator sickness is not motion sickness though (in fact it's the total opposite ,p). And from the accounts so far it does not seem like simulator sickness was solved, only that certain games mitigate it completely and others.. specifically racing games, have big issues with this.  

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Apr 1, 2016, 00:59 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 00:27:
Something funny though, they canned her ass from Treehouse. But they haven't canned the asses from Treehouse that can't do their job of providing a proper localization. Well there's always hope in that...

And this should have been the real news, localization should never remove content just because some flesh bag at the localization team decides that

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 1, 2016, 00:48 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 21:37:
Tropes vs. Women's new episode takes a look at the male gaze in games…

Popcorn

Popcorn

Popcorn

Nope

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 12:49 eRe4s3r

Can't believe I have tell you of all people that, but she was not ever a pedophile for saying the age of consent in the US should be lowered considering how absurd the law situation is...

Reason she was fired is that she worked 2nd job for Sega, Nintendos worst corporate enemy.

Ps.: And yes, her other tweet was about LEGAL bullshit, IE. things a burglar stole can not and should not ever be used against you. Imagine what kind of fucked law situation this creates, how would you prove that something a burglar claims he stole from you ISN'T YOURS. In most legal systems proof obtained like that is completely worthless before court.

But thinking was never a strong suit of SJW's and GG and neither of the media involved here.

Only thing she did wrong was unprofessional behavior (ie not splitting private and corporate twitter) not sure whether her 2nd job was even illegal as such. Nintendo PR people are not full time employed at Nintendo

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2016, 12:56.

News Comments > MS on Win10 App Openness
26. Re: MS on Win10 App Openness Mar 31, 2016, 09:55 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 09:26:
Slick wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 23:35:
Really don't see how this is a big deal. They're introducing a new program format that can be used by any dev, and sold by any store.

Until we hear from actual devs and players on limitations of this new format compared with Win32, then there's really no story here.

Good mornin', Sir. Hope you've had a nice months long hibernation sleep. The limitations are already here, they are very real and there have been plenty of articles on it.
Just one quick example: Since UWP apps technically run without a "visible" *.exe, all programs relying on discovering a running gaming executable are rendered useless by UWP (e.g. MSI Afterburner, Fraps and many others).
Also, you can currently not run UWP apps in exclusive fullscreen, there are massive issues with VSync, G-Sync and FreeSync and so on (the sync issues are supposed to get fixed by an update in June... impressive speedy delivery by Microsoft, as always).

No, Sir. Totes fuck UWP for gaming. This shit is 100% boycott material. If there has ever been anything worth boycotting, this is muthafuckin' IT.

Finally, the coffin nail to rule them all: I used to own Age of Empires III on GFWL. Guess what happened when MS scrapped GFWL? Yup. They just deleted people's games instead of porting them over to their MS accounts or providing backups or anything of that sort. They just deleted the GFWL accounts and flushed people's games down the toilet.
You think that I am EVER again in my whole life going to buy or own a game on a platform that is run by Microsoft? Think again.

The joke is, and it's not often you will hear me say this, I am 100% with CJ_Parker on this, because the very same thing happened to me. Games you bought on GFWL are GONE, POOF, disappeared. No way to get them or downloading them, and MS support says "bad luck, account is deleted, can't be recovered"

And yes, they FLAT OUT DELETED THE ACCOUNTS. With fucking games and valid keys on them. So now no way to add those cdkeys to the steam alternative offerings.

MS is on my eternal "never gonna pay a cent for anything MS makes ever again" shit list for this.

10049 Comments. 503 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo