Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 12202 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA Ending 32-bit Driver Support
9. Re: NVIDIA Ending 32-bit Driver Support Dec 23, 2017, 09:38 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 00:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 22:48:

The GPU W10x64 driver ships with around 100mb of 32bit dll/exe files (of 440mb)

Don't ask my why, because I for sure have no clue why that could possibly be. But the impact on reducing bloat would be quite large
Won't make any difference. Because those dll's and whatnot that are included in the x64 package are for backwards compatibility for titles that don't support x32-x64. GPU's are significantly different in this process then CPU's, GPU's have no internal translation engine, CPU's do.

All this has to do with is EoL pure 32bit support for 32bit OS's.

Ah... Well I guess that would be a really ballsy move by Nvidia not to support any 32bit game hehe So only compatible check, nothing actually to do with 32bit or 64bit platforms... or basically. PR move?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: NVIDIA Ending 32-bit Driver Support Dec 22, 2017, 22:48 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 20:53:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 20:44:
This should reduce driver bloat by some amount.. hopefully

Would it, if there are already separate downloads for 32-bit and 64-bit versions? I remember what really bloated it up to what it is now was when they decided to make one 'International' package instead of several different ones for individual languages.

The GPU W10x64 driver ships with around 100mb of 32bit dll/exe files (of 440mb)

Don't ask my why, because I for sure have no clue why that could possibly be. But the impact on reducing bloat would be quite large

News Comments > Evening Patches
5. Re: Evening Patches Dec 22, 2017, 20:48 eRe4s3r

"The requestet page could not be found. " When trying to download.. uh, yay

Also nice denglish ;p

3. Re: NVIDIA Ending 32-bit Driver Support Dec 22, 2017, 20:44 eRe4s3r

This should reduce driver bloat by some amount.. hopefully  

News Comments > Watch_Dogs Giveaway Joins ACIV: Black Flag and World in Conflict Freebies
15. Re: Watch_Dogs Giveaway Joins ACIV: Black Flag and World in Conflict Freebies Dec 22, 2017, 13:37 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 21:56:
but come on you're just being ridiculous.

Of course I am We are going far off tangent and this is a fun thing to talk about.

Ps.: I played Dishonored 1 and 2 and Deus EX MD/HR 100% non lethal. I also played each game 100% lethal (killing everyone, not just the target) and found 1) the latter is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more fun and 2) It's also way easier

Fair enough, you can path a fun 100% stealth non lethal run in Dishonored 2 too.... but only if you employ speed-running tech, with "normal" gameplay it takes forever and is no fun. in WD2 you can not play 100% non-lethal. Literally, you can't. Due to how mission stats work when you fail, running over 1 dog counts as kill forever and many a knocked down guard can STILL die later in the mission due to scripted things (cars coming in, particularly). Something Deus EX doesn't do for example...

I simply think that a game about domestic terrorism shouldn't be this utterly tone deaf about it! Especially not in this day and age.

News Comments > Valve AU Fine Upheld
2. Re: Valve AU Fine Upheld Dec 22, 2017, 13:27 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 11:41:
GabeN got a parking ticket. So annoying. Maybe we should start a gofundme for the poor guy?

I am actually surprised the fine was so small... AUS law doesn't know about % fines?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 22, 2017, 13:12 eRe4s3r

Slashman wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 11:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 10:53:
Creston wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 09:15:
Still need to hear lot of good word of mouth, though. Rebirth burned me badly (especially since I bought it directly from them because I wanted to support them, so couldn't get a Steam refund...) What a fucking kick in the teeth that game was.

Exactly aside from the Rebirth disaster and the refund issue (And no, 4.0 is not in any way a better game than the release version), the far bigger problem is that the entire setting makes zero sense from a sci-fi point of view.

See -> Interstellar Empires (Youtube)

And the older I get the more I am appalled how lazily this setting was written. You could do better and maybe not have FTL... as that would condense your entire story to a solar system with a few billion hugely diverse dyson swarm habitats.. but no...

I think I see your issue. You want to play the X games for something aside from the huge sandbox they offer.

Let me break it down for you.

X games have low quality story telling, shallow characters and forgettable plots. No one gives a shit.

X games have a huge variety of ships to fly, stations to build, missions to do, stuff to discover, great sandbox gameplay and are very moddable. People give a shit about that.

Nah, I don't care about plot in X games certainly would never expect much of it, I care about the general setting (races, technology, political landscape) and general design though, especially after having watched shows like The Expanse

X4 looks to be a lazy addon to Rebirth, and Egosoft will NEVER get any of my money ever again after the Rebirth refund scam they pulled on people who bought directly. It will be a 2 hour test play on Steam of course, but if I had to name the game I am waiting for it would be Anno 1800 and most certainly not X4, and what the bearded birds are singing from the roofs, expect a new space sandbox to be announced sometime soonish that will blow your mind in ways X4 will never be able to It starts with an H....

Either way, I think you would be surprised how many people actually do care about setting of a space game even if that space game is a sandbox.... if they didn't they would play Minecraft.... and while I don't want a space opera from Egosoft (They could never do that) I certainly want a cohesive and believable fake universe to play and build in...

News Comments > Bunny Mania 2 Hops Out
1. Re: Bunny Mania 2 Hops Out Dec 22, 2017, 12:07 eRe4s3r

Steam says it was released 2013... and I am like.. what? that's not what SteamDB says.. weird. Steam having issues again?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 22, 2017, 11:08 eRe4s3r

Blue's Blockchain News coming up? ^^  

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Delayed
7. Re: Psychonauts 2 Delayed Dec 22, 2017, 11:00 eRe4s3r

It wouldn't be crowdfunding without delays At least now you understand what publishers are actually dealing with DAILY and why that whole milestone = payment system exists in game development....

Without it, you have guaranteed delays. ^^

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 22, 2017, 10:53 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 09:15:
Still need to hear lot of good word of mouth, though. Rebirth burned me badly (especially since I bought it directly from them because I wanted to support them, so couldn't get a Steam refund...) What a fucking kick in the teeth that game was.

Exactly aside from the Rebirth disaster and the refund issue (And no, 4.0 is not in any way a better game than the release version), the far bigger problem is that the entire setting makes zero sense from a sci-fi point of view.

See -> Interstellar Empires (Youtube)

And the older I get the more I am appalled how lazily this setting was written. You could do better and maybe not have FTL... as that would condense your entire story to a solar system with a few billion hugely diverse dyson swarm habitats.. but no...

News Comments > Watch_Dogs Giveaway Joins ACIV: Black Flag and World in Conflict Freebies
13. Re: Watch_Dogs Giveaway Joins ACIV: Black Flag and World in Conflict Freebies Dec 20, 2017, 21:06 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 19:41:
We played the same game?

Apparently not. My game had a stun gun, a stun sniper rifle, and even a stun grenade launcher. There's a paintball gun for non-lethal knockouts as well, but I didn't try it. There is also a perk you can get to increase the range on these, and upgrade these things to knock out heavy armor guys in one shot. The infinite ammo for these weapons and the one-shot knockouts makes non-lethal a lot easier than lethal, particularly on the hard difficulties where the enemies are bullet sponges but still go down to one dart.

Dogs are susceptible to tasers, and neither dogs nor cameras alert people to bodies/unconscious people. Also I believe the non-lethal environmental hazards outnumber the lethal ones rather significantly. The electrical boxes are every 5 inches it seems.

That all is true, but it doesn't change the fact that stealth is janky as hell and a non lethal playthrough of WD2 is impossible Accidents happen so easily in this game that I don't believe for 1 nano-second you played through this without YOUR Marcus being a mass murdering terrorist. If you managed that you should have recorded it, you would be the first.

Also I would be really curious if you really say that you never used the "call police" feature, or the explode a grenade feature or exploded cards in traffic/caused traffic to crash into concrete barriers And if you say yes here, then just admit that lethal makes the game many times easier and faster and also more fun. And that's the problem, the fun way to play this game doesn't jibe with this games "tone" at all.

News Comments > Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks
16. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 20, 2017, 20:33 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 20:32:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 20:05:
Coming soon: Water planets! With floating bases, capital ships, and submarines for sale.

Next up after tanks: battlemechs.

Chris Roberts: "We're going to have a complete battlemech engine inside Star Citizen. You'll be able to customize it from two dozen different frames, 50 different weapons, and a bunch of other operational equipment. We're even building a comprehensive art tool suite to let you customize your battlemech. We've known for 20 years that Wing Commander players dreamed of landing their ships on a planet, hopping out, and jumping into a mech to engage in ground operations. I'm making that dream come true."
You are shitting me. Anxious All this game needs is zombies and solitaire/freecell for the complete gaming package.

And working 0-grav pinball machines (sad part is I had to check whether they are in right now or not)

Battle mechs would be neat though especially in SQ42...

11. Re: Watch_Dogs Giveaway Joins ACIV: Black Flag and World in Conflict Freebies Dec 20, 2017, 19:02 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 16:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 08:51:
Maybe the 3rd game will not have us play a mass murdering terrorist nobody in any way sane can ever connect to. Wouldn't that be something....

;p

Of course, I dunno if that was intentional by Ubisoft to basically sabotage their entire plot this way in WD2, or if that was an accident.. But when behavior analysis flags him as a terrorist, then he becomes one after discovering this.... just.. wow. Tone deaf doesn't even begin to describe this plot..

At least in WD1, we played a genuine asshole, can get behind that. But in WD2 we play a terrorist, and I can't get behind that. Must be me

I've seen this criticism here before, but it doesn't make much sense. Yeah, Ubisoft The Game allows you to kill your enemies because it's a sandbox game, but you aren't forced to. I don't think there's a single person you have to kill in the game. If you're playing real stealthy, the number of people you even have to takedown at all, even with a taser, is pretty minimal. And canonically, Marcus isn't a killer.

Even if the crime prediction algorithm was able to predict Marcus' anarchist tendencies, does its accuracy make it ethical? And it's not even that accurate: Remember that Marcus got convicted of a crime he didn't commit based on that profile, before he even started looking into ctOS.

Also you're missing the dozens of other types of abuses of technology in the game, and how easily corruptable the system is. Even if it was 100% right about Marcus, which it wasn't, it still wouldn't be a vindication of the system.

We played the same game? The games non lethal option was completely borked and gimped, you get 5 non-lethal "tools" and 70+ lethal ones + over a dozen lethal take down options through hacking, and non lethal is even countered by enemies, dogs and cameras in particular as you could never predict where a body will end up, in late game. Many missions locked you out of robotic and drone use (looking at you, god awful church level) and the taser range was abysmally bad, add to that that network towers were often in militarized camps and you can't tell me that Marcus wasn't a mass murdering terrorist in your game, if not in levels, then because of your driving afterwards and side-missions in particular

And if you want to argue semantics, DeadSec does exactly the same thing they are claiming big brother is doing. Only THEY kill people by the boatload.

in WD1 the main char acknowledged the hypocrisy, didn't have to agree with it personally, but the character knew he was an asshole, in WD2 Marcus seriously believed he was fighting for the "good", standard sign of the insane..... and terrorists. And the entire tone of the game matched ZERO what was actually going on in missions ~.~

And well, honest trailer puts it nicely -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c2iQJM-FNc

Ps.: I could also not find a completed playthrough of WD2 non-lethal.. WD1 surprisingly has it, though requires glitch use.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2017, 19:15.

News Comments > Get Kingdom: Classic for Free
5. Re: Get Kingdom: Classic for Free Dec 20, 2017, 15:02 eRe4s3r

According to steam posts this wasn't even free for 11 hours...  

News Comments > Destiny 2 is Activision's "Biggest PC Launch"
5. Re: Destiny 2 is Activision's Dec 20, 2017, 10:06 eRe4s3r

But it ain't on steam, so you lose market share by definition (Steam has 10x more users than B.net, at least.. if the numbers are right, who knows if steam really has 120m users)  

6. Re: Watch_Dogs Giveaway Joins ACIV: Black Flag and World in Conflict Freebies Dec 20, 2017, 08:51 eRe4s3r

Maybe the 3rd game will not have us play a mass murdering terrorist nobody in any way sane can ever connect to. Wouldn't that be something....

;p

Of course, I dunno if that was intentional by Ubisoft to basically sabotage their entire plot this way in WD2, or if that was an accident.. But when behavior analysis flags him as a terrorist, then he becomes one after discovering this.... just.. wow. Tone deaf doesn't even begin to describe this plot..

At least in WD1, we played a genuine asshole, can get behind that. But in WD2 we play a terrorist, and I can't get behind that. Must be me

News Comments > Get Oxenfree for Free
10. Re: Get Oxenfree for Free Dec 20, 2017, 08:39 eRe4s3r

Nucas wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 00:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 20:37:
Is it worth it? I haven't heard many positive things about it

i can't imagine you heard negative things, did you? it was one of the most standout indie titles of 2016 to me personally. it's a brisk playthrough and it has branching endings. very much worth the time investment of at least one play. i bought it full price and regret nothing.

Nearly all of my "steam friends" reviewed this negative. And first review on GoG I saw was too. Hence me asking

And free game or not, my time ain't free Asking takes no time ^^

News Comments > Get Oxenfree for Free
1. Re: Get Oxenfree for Free Dec 19, 2017, 20:37 eRe4s3r

Is it worth it? I haven't heard many positive things about it  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 19, 2017, 20:24 eRe4s3r

If you would be better if browsers started fighting auto-play videos and websites pushing shit into the main-window (looking at you, wikipedia)  

12202 Comments. 611 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo