Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9862 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted
9. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 17, 2016, 06:15 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 05:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 03:31:
This is the kind of situation we are in in Germany. The problem isn't crime from refugees or illegals or the housing or the jobs, or even the costs, it's that feeling that as German you are slowly losing what makes Germany German. Now there is a chance nobody around you speaks German anymore

Yep. This is very true, but to be fair, at least here in Southern Germany I have felt like this for a few years already, i.e. even before the refugee invasion.
When you are walking through the streets here, it has become rare to hear someone speak in actual German.
We have many, many Russian (or CIS folks), Romanian, generally Eastern European, Yugoslavian, Italians, Spaniards (Spain has ~50% youth unemployment so lots of young Spanish people came here in the last couple of years) and so on and so on around here.

I live in Brandenburg.. Needless to say the situation here is very different than elsewhere but also not, (more sheep, pigs OR cows than people) and people here are more xenophobic (large swaths of wide spread villages with 0 foreigners, or only Vietnamese and Turks from before the unification (So they are as much German as the Germans here, in some odd ways more so). A 4500 people first registration building complex has been converted "here" in the vicinity and since then the mood has noticeable changed for the worse, in that city only 6200 people live to begin with. There is also a very strong housing shortage here, since old houses got bulldozed en mass, and now we got nothing left for affordable rent.

As you can imagine, this went over REALLY well with the populace... I suspect this is why that happened what happened to me. (Basically nothing happened to me, maybe I should say it happened AROUND me?)

Point is I could do well without such nonsense when I get my weekly Döner

And as if news had read my comment. If you read German...
Diffuse Ängste - Allensbach Umfrage (FAZ)

The problem and source of animosity is an ever increasing diffuse fear. 60% of females (44% of males) don't feel safe in Germany anymore.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2016, 07:33.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 17, 2016, 05:42 eRe4s3r

ZeroPike1 wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 04:57:
You sound like a hate filled American, now. one of those "they took our jobs" kind of people. "They speak differently" "they wear some clothes differently". As long as they are obeying German laws what are they doing wrong so much? Its safe to assume most of them do not want to be here to begin with, but for one reason or another they make it to Germany.

BTW you can thank "those people" for bringing you Doner at all in Germany. It was the same way 10 years ago with people in a Doner store speaking Arabic whats the problem now?

Are you trolling me? I just told you what happened in a Döner store in the boonies (where there is exactly 1 Döner and 1 Vietnamese store, and 1 Russian store if you travel a bit (and that's about everything anyone here as ever seen that was "foreign") where I visit for 20 years every week and I explained to you why I think that might have happened for the first time in 20 years. What you say there should be targeted at the people behind me in line, but even that would completely miss the point and probably make the situation worse. They were afraid, whether that was logical or not is completely irrelevant. Fact is without me there the 2 people directly behind me, a man with young child (10-12) and a older women would have flat out left the store. And I am mentioning this because in all my time there I have never seen anyone behave like that. This is something new that only happened post new year. In fact where exactly do you see me blaming the refugees? I said I blame Merkel for creating an atmosphere and perception that causes Germans to behave in odd ways

I have no idea where you get what you apparently think I said from.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2016, 05:51.

News Comments > Vulkan 1.0 Specs
9. Re: Vulkan 1.0 Specs Feb 17, 2016, 04:43 eRe4s3r

If there are more W10 exclusives life is gonna be a pain in the ass for gamers  

5. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 17, 2016, 03:31 eRe4s3r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 02:25:

You seriously have no idea whats going on here.

I can tell you. 26 years of corrupt and sometimes evil politicians post unification. Or basically, Germany now is what happens when FDP/CDU/CSU/SPD/Grüne work together to ruin a country. There is a reason voter participation is lowest in history. It's because the (now 4) main parties are not electable.

Don't even get me started on the refugee situation and Syria... CSU/CDU/SPD are showing quite strongly that they can not govern a country properly. Sadly those are nearly 60% of the votes. And as long as enough people vote for them, Germany will continue to go down the drain.

I can tell you something else too. When you hear refugees and what not, you may think it has no real impact on your daily life. But it's trickling down now and more and more people realize what Merkel has caused. So I go get my Döner from the place I always get it (I know the Turkish owner, we basically share life stories for 20 years now) and when I got in, there were 5 refugee families in front of me. No problem I figured, just gonna play some silly game on my smartphone or what not they cause no harm so meh, but it was only until someone else entered and asked "Anyone here speaks German?" That I realized that up to that point, nobody around me/owner spoke German. The (German older) women that came in 3rd was damn near scared off, only my (in German, obviously) "no worriers, I am going to stick around" made her even enter the store and get a Döner.

This is the kind of situation we are in in Germany. The problem isn't crime from refugees or illegals or the housing or the jobs, or even the costs, it's that feeling that as German you are slowly losing what makes Germany German. Now there is a chance nobody around you speaks German anymore, in the BOONIES, no foreigners here for 70+ years (except Vietnamese and Turks, but they are here for 30+ years) ,p). Worse, 5 women fully covered in a black scarf, I doubt they realize how much fear this creates in the people around them, the media here has managed to associate that clothing style with Daesh. (And the opinions I heard in that store confirmed my suspicions that people are hugely influenced by just *seeing* this). Mind you nobody could talk to the women in question, they didn't speak English nor German. All was needed for 3 people that entered store behind me to talk with each other about fear was 5 women in black scarfs. Yes, that's is the German as it is now. And I fucking hate it. I want to get my Döner without having existential discussions with my fellow Germans and without having to guard a older women just so she can get a Döner without freaking out.

Anyway... Germany is Germany, a country I both hate and love. The things I hate are increasing though.

Please note: At no point did any of these refugees give any reason for fear, in fact they clearly didn't want to cause any problems.

But that was not my point, the point was the Germans entering after me were in that order SHOCKED and SCARED. I think we can thank the new year events for that. I think in that atmosphere Merkel is creating a very dangerous perception. When she said "We can not protect our borders" was the first time people realized that this is a really REALLY weak government. Even if that's technically true for any nation, but who the hell says that openly?

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2016, 04:37.

News Comments > Vulkan 1.0 Specs
4. Re: Vulkan 1.0 Specs Feb 16, 2016, 15:51 eRe4s3r

Really hope this will have as big an impact as they claimed back then  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 16, 2016, 15:33 eRe4s3r

Dev wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 09:21:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 04:07:
Further proof why Bitcoin is not a currency alternative
What, that people who choose easy to crack passwords found in online password dictionaries (instead of the recommended random 64 bit keys) are getting cracked?

No, because the protocol ALLOWS this and unpredictable impossible to see fees. A proper currency is regulated and controlled exactly because you have to prevent the "dumb" doing "dumb" things and getting ripped off. If you don't, well, you get stories like the above, which do infinite damage to the currency and idea.

Maybe it's unfair to compare bitcoin security to that of a bank account.. but if banks do it, how would alternative currency that doesn't ever gain any market?

News Comments > Layers of Fear Released
12. Re: Layers of Fear Released Feb 16, 2016, 15:23 eRe4s3r

Drayth wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 15:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 13:03:
Dead Space 1, Alien Isolation

Have you tried Outlast? It's not open world, but it's very much inline with those other two.

I don't scare easily, but that game creeps me the fuck out. Still need to man up and actually play through it some point soon here.

Yeeh... Outlast is one of these games I played at a friends place and we both basically beat it together, he played first part just because he wanted to show it to me, then said "that's as far as I go" and gave me the chair. Well yeah, we beat it then It's not a game I would play solo at night that's for sure. (In fact I don't wanna ever play it again ,p)

Did watch a speedrun strat for it though at AGDQ.. since then it demystified the game for me somewhat.

10. Re: Layers of Fear Released Feb 16, 2016, 13:03 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 10:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 06:01:
I don't understand why Indy devs haven't jumped on this and merged randomized open world survival horror with rogue-lite elements...

While I'm not sure exactly what you mean and while it's not that scary, you should look at 7 days to die.

Actually pretty much what I meant Just with 50 times higher budget I guess (and without zombies)

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Feb 16, 2016, 07:42 eRe4s3r

Here actual rankings for PC

The Witness - 76,228 owners
Minecraft Storymode - 158,364 owners
Firewatch - 169,052 owners
American Truck Simulator - 207,729 owners
Dragons Dogma DA - 247,672 owners
Just Cause 3 - 493,655 owners
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 463,558 owners
Xcom 2 - 599,559 owners
Farcry 4 - 651,316 owners
Pillars of Eternity - 680,148 owners
Darkest Dungeon - 736,545 owners
Football Manager 2016 - 767,065 owners
COD blops III - 850,044 owners
MGS 5 - 896,315 owners
ETS 2 - 2,659,692 owners (yes, really)
Fallout 4 - 2,990,483 owners
GTA 5 - 4,149,941 owners

just thought this is far more interesting Steam only, obviously. And remember +-10% inaccuracy. Collected from steamspy.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 2016, 07:57.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 16, 2016, 07:17 eRe4s3r

You mean the voice you wish you never ever hear more than once?

My navigation software (google maps specifically) also has a very bossy voice. I don't like it.. can see why it's used though, you can hear it over nearly everything.

8. Re: Layers of Fear Released Feb 16, 2016, 06:01 eRe4s3r

To be honest Alien Isolation and original Dead Space were the only real horror games I ever played and felt scared by, well, before that maybe Doom 3 too, which I found incredibly scary for some reason (especially the beginning)

You just can't shake the feeling you are being watched in Alien Isolation which makes every moment creepy, and makes some of the forced "fight" scenes (you obtaining the scanner is a great example) incredibly retarded though.

Nor can you ever quiet grasp WTF is going on in the original Dead Space, and exploring the giant mining vessel is truly interesting and you encounter some truly bat shit insane environments, Dead Space to me, excelled not through normal scary visuals or gameplay, but by AUDIO design alone. Seriously, just stand still in Dead Space 1 and listen to the ship noises. It also had, and this is very rare, REALLY good positional audio. I have a proper 5.1 setup and if a game gets this right I hear the sound where it is supposed to in the game. This made Deadspace uber creepy. especially the engine room (that engine noise/whine haunts me to this day.. you know, because it moved, behind me, which meant I couldn't hear enemies behind me)

I will gladly repeat myself, but give me an open world Dead Space or Alien Isolation where the threat can be random and where the spread and effect is also randomized. Where danger CAN be lurking around every corner, but also where you might encounter NPC's who have no clue that anything is wrong, yet. And especially where you can explore (looking at Alien Isolation again, "remove the Alien" mod was the best thing that ever happened to that game, I missed SOOOOOO many of the cool unique details) This normalcy in contrast to the abnormality of the situation "outside" (ie. The Alien in Isolation,p) is a big factor when you want to mull people into feeling genuinely creeped out.

I don't understand why Indy devs haven't jumped on this and merged randomized open world survival horror with rogue-lite elements...

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 16, 2016, 05:42 eRe4s3r

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 02:25:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 01:15:
??? Unix time can handle negative numbers just fine in fact that is literally the way it handles pre 1970 dates.

So if the iBrick behaves like that, Apple SERIOUSLY fucked up the unix time implementation. (if that is the cause at all)

I think the real question here is "why the fuck would you tell your phone it's 1970?". There's no useful reason whatsoever. Why does the phone even have that option? It shouldn't allow you to set the time to anything before when the phone COULD have been manufactured.
Anyone have a legitimate reason someone would change the date on their phone by decades?

I doubt there are legitimate reasons, but the fact is this can be easily exploited by shady apps and malicious "friends" aka, total dicks you should shove down a bridge at the next opportunity

It just is a generally befuddling error, because the unix time library is well maintained, you can NOT fuck this up even if you tried. So I think Apple did how Apple does, and coded their own thing.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 16, 2016, 04:07 eRe4s3r

Further proof why Bitcoin is not a currency alternative  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 16, 2016, 04:00 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 01:18:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 20:59:
Accused terrorists have more options in court then a Copy-right infringement defendant it seems.

If they had their way, you could commit manslaughter and be out earlier.

That's what happens when you privatize the prison system Higher penalties for less violent crimes. More violence = less penalty (because you cost more as violent inmate)

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 16, 2016, 01:15 eRe4s3r

??? Unix time can handle negative numbers just fine in fact that is literally the way it handles pre 1970 dates.

So if the iBrick behaves like that, Apple SERIOUSLY fucked up the unix time implementation. (if that is the cause at all)

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 16, 2016, 00:50 eRe4s3r

Pretty much this. We've seen how that other recent DnD "RPG" worked, which isn't even a real RPG  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2016, 15:02 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 13:29:
PHJF wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 10:36:
Deadpool opens to $135,000,000 domestic, crushing the previous R-rated record set by Matrix Reloaded over ten years ago.
Wait, I thought you could only make money in the movie biZ by marketing to 13 year olds. Certainly it was a typo.

Psssht.. let the movie studios believe 13 year olds have the most disposable income.

Also applies to many game developers.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 15, 2016, 14:38 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 11:52:
I don't understand why people buy smart tvs. They offer virtually no benefit over an external box, complicate the ui, underpowered, drive up the price of the tv, cant's be shut off and have limited upgradability. The icing is having a shittastic company like Samsung datamining me.

Heh, when I walk through electronic stores 100% of the TV's are smart-tv's.. there are no "dumb" TV's to buy, least here.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 15, 2016, 14:12 eRe4s3r

Witcher 3 and engaging story are not 2 things that come to mind... admit it, how much were you dicking around NOT doing the absurdly convoluted main quest line? Open world games generally never win writing awards, for good reason.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 15, 2016, 14:08 eRe4s3r

So what you are really saying is my cat should be worried

There are no governments that will allow 50% or more unemployment so I doubt robotic replacement of jobs will be a thing even if that's what doomsday (or Utopia?) prophecies say And if it happens those countries will close down borders (already happening in Europe, EU is closing down exterior borders hard) and put a universal wage up that everyone gets, including guarantee of food, living space, electricity and water. That way robots can do shit and humans could actually do something really productive for a change, cultural development that is.

9862 Comments. 494 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo