Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11415 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > EVE Valkyrie Price Drop
2. Re: EVE Valkyrie Price Drop Jun 8, 2017, 01:35 eRe4s3r

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 20:06:
The price of the game has never been the problem for me.

The price of the gear to play the game...that's the problem.

Ain't that the truth

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Strange Brigade Announced
4. Re: Strange Brigade Announced Jun 8, 2017, 01:31 eRe4s3r

Oh look... another zombie coop shooter  

News Comments > Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve
15. Re: Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve Jun 7, 2017, 13:59 eRe4s3r

Desalus wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 13:27:
I'm surprised that Valve even had that many writers. It's not like any of their games were heavy on story or dialogue.

Writers also create settings and that's a lot more work than a single character or dialog.

In fact, none of the writers who created the HL1 setting and story still work at Valve with this exit. And you know what else is funny? Everything that HL1 is was formed by these writers, people whose names you probably never even heard.

News Comments > Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve
14. Re: Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve Jun 7, 2017, 13:54 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 13:03:
Frijoles wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 09:22:
Valve is losing a lot of people lately. Bunch to Oculus. Now this. Maybe they're all bored with nothing to do.

How can one get bored getting rich doing nothing? I wish I had that problem.

The fact you don't know how one gets bored (and even motivated to quit) in such a situation is really why you don't have this particular problem

Highly skilled/trained writers want to *create* and *share* (in the sense that they want to share their creations mostly for $$$), they are always in-fact, creating and sourcing to create. When they are employed, anything they do at work isn't theirs and they can't use that as a source for anything they create.

This is also why the good writers are ALL freelancers. You hire them for a THING and then they move on creating for their own projects. If you hire them full-time they will quit pretty quickly as soon as they find themselves restricted by an unguided aimless corporate culture (which Valve clearly has).

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering RPG Plans
4. Re: Magic: The Gathering RPG Plans Jun 7, 2017, 13:08 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 12:48:
So is it gonna be like Pokemon, wandering around an overworld until you lock eyes with an opponent and engage in a turn-based creature battle?

Pretty sure when they said they push "beyond the table-top" that means beyond the cards/collection system and into the actual lore/RPG (aka, Skyrim)

And something easily forgottem, MTG has a deep lore, if you remove the cards and basically convert it into a living breathing fantasy world it could be an absolutely mind-blowing RPG. But yeah, what are the chances these 2 devs of all the devs manage THAT?

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering RPG Plans
1. Re: Magic: The Gathering RPG Plans Jun 7, 2017, 12:27 eRe4s3r

No mention of MMO, forced COOP, MOBA or F2P.. this might actually be good.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 7, 2017, 11:52 eRe4s3r

If only this had been a SP RPG or even just a clone of Mount and Blade.... soooooooooooooooooooooooo much potential wasted  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 7, 2017, 11:43 eRe4s3r

More interesting is that The Intercept literally handed the leaker over on a silver platter to the gov. How fucking stupid you gotta be as Journalist to not know about printer meta data, or at least run a proper OCR over the files to obfuscate the fucking source to be ID'd as a printer source that only 6 people could have been in that time-frame

Yeah, Intercepted for sure.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 7, 2017, 10:57 eRe4s3r

The real news is that Frostbite 2 doesn't actually support HDR10 it's a luminance/contrast color shading trick, nothing more. The textures have no 2bit additional color information and the engine does NOT support this.

This is why I was always skeptical of this whole "engine toggle" thing. If a game really supports HDR, then the textures need to be 10bit (per channel) linear gamma textures. No current engine supports this. Heck, not even Photoshop supports this.

Btw, not even DX11/ Vulcan/ DX12 supports this, there is no texture format that's 10x10x10x8 (38bit) RGBA compressed. You could in theory do this by laying 3 texture files over each other, but within a file? You'd be doing uncompressed textures.

Game size difference for Andromeda if they really did support HDR10? Around 150GB~ give or take.

I hope this tech gets a bit mature, and advertising for it a bit more honest. Also, yes, HDR10 means each color channel has 10bit, not that the whole image only has 10bit. End output image is in 10bit (vs 8 bit) but the source textures need to HAVE that range too. If they don't. A surface you see in 10bit may only have 8bit of color information, and that results in washed out colors.

TL;DR

Currently no game actually supports HDR10, even if they claim otherwise by BS nvidia marketing. It's just that. BS

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 2017, 11:15.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Ends; Steam Direct Next Week
4. Re: Steam Greenlight Ends; Steam Direct Next Week Jun 6, 2017, 22:48 eRe4s3r

Dev wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 22:19:
Prez wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 21:38:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 20:21:
Greenlight by any other name...

I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think the same thing. Greenlight was $100 submission fee and zero curation. Direct has 100$ submission fee and Valve has essentially admitted there will be no curation by them.

Less curation seems like a good way to prevent scammed submission votes though

News Comments > GOG Summer Sale Includes Free Rebel Galaxy
12. Re: GOG Summer Sale Includes Free Rebel Galaxy Jun 6, 2017, 19:05 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 15:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 10:31:
Uh.. I didn't get Rebel Galaxy despite buying 3 things ~.~

Ah.. "slight delay"
More like, major delay (40m so far)
DISCLAIMER: Due to high demand, your free copy of Rebel Galaxy might take a while to arrive. Please be patient.

Got this email (And I wanna say, I did not even complain yet, this came out of GoG just like this)

Hello,

Due to a bug, which we fixed soon after the launch, some of our customers - yourself included - did not get their copy of Rebel Galaxy automatically. We sincerely apologize for this.

Please use this replacement code to redeem your free copy of Rebel Galaxy: ( )

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply to this email.

Best regards,
GOG.com Support

So apparently I actually hit a bug Now I got my free stuff

I have to admit that is really nice CS,

News Comments > GOG Summer Sale Includes Free Rebel Galaxy
3. Re: GOG Summer Sale Includes Free Rebel Galaxy Jun 6, 2017, 10:31 eRe4s3r

Uh.. I didn't get Rebel Galaxy despite buying 3 things ~.~

Ah.. "slight delay"
More like, major delay (40m so far)

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 5, 2017, 11:50 eRe4s3r

Just teens doing dumb stuff, my surprise and care level = zero

Now that Google Home outage is the reason no home automation is gonna find its way to me without the server sitting in my basement and working without Internet. If it sits in the cloud, you don't own jack shit.

Ps.: 3 decades without Facebook, do I get a cookie?

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jun 5, 2017, 11:20 eRe4s3r

The problem with this chart is that only big publishers are reporting numbers, and some of them only for consoles. GFK itself has no numbers.

Meaning: Steam and uPlay and GoG are entirely opaque to this. Which means 80% of the PC market isn't represented here.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
11. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 4, 2017, 08:02 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 17:50:
I'm not sure why anyone would crowdfund an MMO. MMOs are very expensive to make. No amount of crowdfunding will be enough to completely fund an MMO's development or upkeep. $11 million is nothing. The average AAA game costs at least $40 million and that's just for a 10 hour single-player campaign.

Yeah, but the KS wasn't about an MMO. This "downgrade" has been gifted to backers out of nowhere.

And indeed, for $11m -fees you aren't gonna make a MMO which is why the original KS was for a SP game!

This gives you some idea why people are REALLY sour on this one.

News Comments > Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month
8. Re: Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation Next Month Jun 4, 2017, 07:57 eRe4s3r

I am more amazed that this game is still ongoing...  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 3, 2017, 10:00 eRe4s3r

Tom wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 05:10:
Uh huh, have fun with your AMD CPUs...

For what he is doing with his PC, it may be a better choice. but if that I7 with 6 cores really comes with a 15% IPC increase to the 7700, then Ryzen looks pretty pale in comparison, pale as in 30% slower per core.

And I have no doubt this price change is because of that single announcement. If that IPC boost is really true, then Ryzen 1800 won't even compete against the 6 core I7, especially if the I7 runs each core at 4GHZ or more by default.

News Comments > Blitzkrieg 3 Launches
2. Re: Blitzkrieg 3 Launches Jun 2, 2017, 19:22 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 2, 2017, 17:38:
So many mixed reviews on this one. I wanted to pick it up but I am not sure anymore.

Had "sale" all over it ever since they talked about "neural AI" and super slow grind heavy (replay singleplayer campaign for achievements, basically) "progression system" that does not reward you for playing against said "neural AI" in Skirmish (the campaign AI is 100% scripted and you gotta play it and rush for achievements to unlock units and advance in the tech era apparently) ;p

Sounds like fun? Not to me. And oh yeah, always online singleplayer campaign and skirmish. No offline play whatsoever.

Was this supposed to be a freemium f2p game?

News Comments > Steam Direct Fee is $100
6. Re: Steam Direct Fee is $100 Jun 2, 2017, 19:07 eRe4s3r

The fact I am agreeing with you must be stars aligning or something, this was, by the way, not a mere scam, but organized crime. They made tidy sums of milling asset flips -> trading cards. We are talking $5k or more per game and dozens of games. You can assume that a 100$ fee isn't gonna curb that kinda crime, which is why Steam isn't even trying to do it via this route. And it's already problematic that steam is making 30% of what is essential money laundering.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 2, 2017, 10:18 eRe4s3r

sure, "accidentally"  

11415 Comments. 571 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo