Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 11504 (Ninja)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 9, 2017, 10:14 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 09:09:
Since Windows 10 is on a twice yearly 'update' period with 18 months of support, how do you handle that with the Enterprise version. Considering that prior versions of Window lasted decades, I would think this would be a hastle for IT departments.

LTSB has to be manually updated, which also means it stays on whatever OS revision you leave it on. Not a good idea for big updates, but not a big problem for a "fluff" update like the last one

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2017, 15:13 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 13:40:
And all because fucking doctors kept proscribing the shit when people had a fucking flu, and because the damned agriculture industry kept feeding it to their lifestock.

That's something you or me, or any single person, can't do anything against, livestock would die in the billions if no anti-biotics were used, too tight together, too many animals in the same place, and it'd be dangerous for anyone close by too. If you stop this, you can kiss affordable meat, eggs, milk good-bye.

But yeah, they gotta figure out a better way to treat infections than antibiotics, I just hope it isn't nano-tech because that'd be unaffordable for many billions.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 8, 2017, 09:13 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 05:51:
According to my power company the power in my area comes from:

80.5% Hydroelectric
9.2% Nuclear
4.9% Coal
3.1% Wind
1.8% Natural Gas
0.5% Other

Living near a big ass river helps with the whole clean energy thing.

80% renewable just from hydro is indeed pretty impressive, hopefully we can reach that where I live too. Just.. no river here ;p Maybe a few (also very deep...) lakes which would be perfect for energy storage...

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 8, 2017, 09:08 eRe4s3r

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 08:44:
They figure maybe the pirates will like it since paying customers didnt? Not likely, heh

More likely because Denuvo licensing scheme was completely pwned. The protection is basically worthless now.

News Comments > Hearthstone Knights of the Frozen Throne Next Month
6. Re: Hearthstone Knights of the Frozen Throne Next Month Jul 8, 2017, 03:07 eRe4s3r

Yifes wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 02:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 02:14:
For me, the primary reason I no longer care for Blizzard is this, 3 most recent things Blizzard made

Overwatch - online PVP with grind
Hearthstone - online PVP with grind
Heroes of the Storm - online PVP with grind

;(

It's like.. they just rehash a single gameplay loop forever now.. bah

As opposed to old Blizzard, who made Diablo and WoW, which had even more grind?

Also there is no grind in Overwatch. All characters and maps are unlocked at the get go. If you want to go for useless things like skins, that's your own damn problem.

PVP is listed first for a reason, and you telling me ranked mode in Overwatch is not a grind? Lmao

3 words - rigged match making
A "feature" in all of the above mentioned games

News Comments > Hearthstone Knights of the Frozen Throne Next Month
4. Re: Hearthstone Knights of the Frozen Throne Next Month Jul 8, 2017, 02:14 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 17:30:
I am done with Blizzard. They no longer make games I find enjoyable.

For me, the primary reason I no longer care for Blizzard is this, 3 most recent things Blizzard made

Overwatch - online PVP with grind
Hearthstone - online PVP with grind
Heroes of the Storm - online PVP with grind

;(

It's like.. they just rehash a single gameplay loop forever now.. bah

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 8, 2017, 02:07 eRe4s3r

Not a series, it's called OVA and pretty common in Anime circles...  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 8, 2017, 01:39 eRe4s3r

LiTh wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 17:21:
I'm not one for Government control, but when it comes to Nuclear Power plants, I dont think it benefits the public (especially in the surrounding area) to have private companies running these things. Nuclear power can absolutely be safe, it just needs a lot more eyes on it. We dont need a knee jerk reaction like Germany did (which was the dumbest thing ever considering their neighbor France is the biggest producer of Nuclear power on the planet).

Unless you don't look at it this way, the energy strategy was probably implemented to push coal out of the mix without the remaining 20k employees or so able to stop it. Since only GAS/Solar/Wind is part of the energy mix you don't really need coal mines anymore... which is a good thing. And once we actually have an actual energy STORAGE strategy the teething problems will go away. Now if only the insane energy price would also go away.

Nuclear power has literally no place in a renewable energy mix anymore. Fusion power on the other hand would have...

News Comments > Firefall Falls
5. Re: Firefall Falls Jul 7, 2017, 13:29 eRe4s3r

Maybe the game wouldn't have flopped nearly so much if the series had some actual writers and actors, and maybe some better CGI dudes employed.. because by the gods that was atrocious acting and writing.. still have nightmares of it!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 7, 2017, 06:03 eRe4s3r

Dacote wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 22:05:
Skype, face time for people that don't know better.

You mean the people that buy Apple products? ;p

News Comments > Independence Day Tech Bits
8. Re: Independence Day Tech Bits Jul 4, 2017, 23:29 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 23:27:
I don't even remember why I dropped Winamp. It's probably in that article but I'm too lazy to click the link. Wasn't there some huge controversy about privacy or them adding intrusive ads or something like that?

Anyway, I switched to MediaMonkey back then and never looked back.
It's a great and very feature-rich (more than I'll ever need) music player.
After trying the free version, I bought a gold lifetime license back in the day and they still provide updates on a regular basis. Good shit.

Yeah, for a while the front facing winamp installer (not the PRO installer, which is the same thing without all the crap) tried to install malware and adware, including a browser tracking "browser bar" (I have no idea who the hell even uses such things, but clearly some people do)

This was for me the time where I backed my v5.63 pro installer (from 2012) and never downloaded anything with AOL attached ever again. I don't even update the thing ^^

IN 2014 AOL dumped Winamp/Shoutcast and it's now run by Radionomy but they haven't released anything that's on par with 5.6 .. yet

News Comments > The Eldritch Zookeeper Announced
8. Re: The Eldritch Zookeeper Announced Jul 4, 2017, 23:24 eRe4s3r

bigspender wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 17:15:
Thought this was going to be more like Slime Rancher but with a fantasy theme.

Which by the way is such an obvious conceptual improvement over slime rancher I am surprised nothing of the kind has even been announced.

News Comments > Independence Day Safety Dance
2. Re: Independence Day Safety Dance Jul 4, 2017, 21:42 eRe4s3r

Blues has upgraded his wit level to 73

Especially considering this came from a UK-post-brexit think-tank and not actual relevant science ^^

Btw, do you know what they consider a mental health issue?
anxiety

6. Re: Independence Day Tech Bits Jul 4, 2017, 20:55 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 13:24:
It was great when it was whipping the llama's ass but with VLC these days no one needs anything beyond that.

Winamp is a music library management tool and player in one, including streaming, ripping, burning. VLC does nothing of that, aside from playing music. I guess if that's what you want VLC is good enough, but for me it's Winamp and MPC-HC combo that reigns supreme and always will ^^

1. Re: Independence Day Tech Bits Jul 4, 2017, 10:39 eRe4s3r

I still use Winamp for reasons... flimsy reason but reasons ^^

News Comments > Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled
18. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 4, 2017, 07:53 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 22:37:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 22:01:
Task wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 12:10:
Pizza Tycoon sounds like fun.

Any decently made Tycoon game can be fun, if some actual production quality and/or love for the topic is involved. Sadly most of the time that just is not the case.

Meh...Microprose did it right way back when...that and the Zepplin Tycoon they did around the same time...ah, memories...

=-Rigs-=

Microprose? Zeppelin Tycoon is from Ikarion Software
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGl2foIsJr0

Good ol times that

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 4, 2017, 07:51 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 06:39:
What a world we live in when games like GTAV, CS:GO, Dishonored 2, Dark Souls 3, FO4 and Shadow of Mordor aren't even considered decent...

It would be better if we could call more than 2 games on that list art. And in case of W3 that's only half-true imo, as a whole package (expansion and game) it's definitely exceptionally good, but art? Nier:A is the only game in that list where you walk away after completing the primary 3 endings with a new collection of thoughts and emotions you never thought about before. And that is the very definition of art.

Aside that the use of hyperbole is a valid tool to make a point ^^ I don't consider (except the battle royale games) any game on that list bad.

Ps.: GTA 5 is not on that list because I hated every single one of these characters. I hated the story, I hated the glorification of crime and the moral the game basically endorsed by half-assing everything that could have maybe brought a different point across or bring us to think about some things.

At the end of GTA 5 I wanted to drone strike each one of these MF's and whoever wrote them too, that's not an emotional feeling a game should incite in me when it comes to main characters....

The only other games that managed this feat are Watch Dogs 1 and Watch Dogs 2, games where terrorism is LITERALLY glorified. Maybe fun to some who can blend out reality of the world we live in, but I can't do that anymore ;/ In fact I found it exceptional how tone deaf especially Watch Dogs 2 was, where a terrorist basically rebelled against being (correctly) identified as a terrorist. Yeah, THAT is a main character I wanna play and identify as.. not.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 3, 2017, 22:23 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 22:21:
You should all be playing Factorio instead anyway!

Played way too much of that to be honest

News Comments > Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled
15. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 3, 2017, 22:01 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 12:10:
Pizza Tycoon sounds like fun.

Any decently made Tycoon game can be fun, if some actual production quality and/or love for the topic is involved. Sadly most of the time that just is not the case.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 3, 2017, 21:20 eRe4s3r

Nier ftw The only decent game on that list.. well, except maybe Witcher 3...  

11504 Comments. 576 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo